Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Oklahoma Airport Fairgrounds West 2 stars

311 South Meridian Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73108, USA

#72 of 121 hotels in Oklahoma City

The lighting in the room is dark even with three lamps on. Also the showers don't have any soap dishes. Breakfast could be improved There are no scrambled eggs or biscuits and gravy. This may be because there is a Denny's Restaurant next door.

It was close to where I was attending a fair and it's beside a Denny's Restaurant.

It was raining hard one morning. A maid came in. She didn't do any cleaning or restock towels. Just sat in chair and looked,at her phone. When I picked up my purse, she all of a sudden had to leave. Found that a bit upsetting. Felt I had to stay in the room to guard my belongings.

Good for mobey. Comfortable bed. Great cable channels. Next to a good restaurant.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The prostitutes walking the sidewalks all night above my room made it difficult to sleep it was right outside the office you think they've done something about that

It's conveniently located to the fairgrounds

Had someone on the floor above us that kept us up all night with loud music and stomping. Couldn’t reach anyone at the front desk to complain. Room was supposed to be smoke free. It wreaked of cigarette smoke. Woke up with a bad headache and backache because of the lousy bed. Maybe got two hours of sleep and ruined the rest of our time in the city. Will never stay here again. This is the first Super 8 that I’ve had complaints about. Usually really good. So disappointed.

Wasn’t much to like. Was a horrible experience.

• King Room -Smoking

Thete was nothing at all about this property that disappointed me.

As always, the staff waa exceptional. I was going to have some major dental work done right after check out. I told the lady at the desk that depending on how things went with the procedure i might or might not be back for another night. We actually live 120 miles away and i wasnt sure if i would feel well enought to make the the home. I was back an hour later...our usual room was ready and waiting for us. God bless this woman.

Whole room

Evryone was just as friendly as usual...but our bathroom was horrible and we were on the second floor. Disabled needs first floor as requested but?

The web site booking does not explain that the shutte airport doesn't work after 5pm on Saturday. We just knew in the hotel after waiting a long time in the airport at night. Not being able to use this service and the lack of information was very uncomfortable for us.

Well location, well service

Could’ve been way more food in the snack vending machine. Looked like it hadn’t been refilled in a of couple weeks. “Breakfast” sucked!! I was looking forward to a hot REAL breakfast but it’s just cereal, bread to toast, a mini cinnamon roll in a plastic package, coffee, OJ, and you have to make your own waffles, the only hot food they have. They don’t have that many choices. Better than nothing though. The recliner in the room looked a grimy, I didn’t even want to set my belongings on it.

It was a great location. Perfect distance from everything in Oklahoma City in all directions. I loved the vinyl flooring! Means very clean floors and no dingy nasty carpet. Most cheap hotels have nasty stained carpet with a lot of history on it. I got more for what I paid. Crappier hotels charge more than here. I stayed for four days, Housekeeping comes by everyday. Cameras every where in parking lot. No bugs. Bedding was clean. The shower head they have is GREAT! It has settings you can change for your liking. Hot water lasts long. The heater worked more than good and same with the AC/fan.

I asked for a room with a bath tub but didn't get one (reservation was made weeks before stay). Non smoking room....the smoke smell was so strong it could be smelled before entering room. Ice machine was broken the whole time I stayed.

• King Room -Smoking

My request for a downstairs wasn’t available and the motel parking entrance is hard see from the street even with GPS

Nice size room, clean room; very comfortable. I enjoyed the cable selection and the proximity of restaurants.

It was nasty. The location was horrible, scared for our lives. People on drugs all around us. It smelled horrible, room was nasty didn't even clean our room. Couldn't use shower water was brown. Then people rude yelling screaming fighting besides us above us etc. Tried to call front desk couldn't the phone was broken and wouldn't work!

I was making the reservation in the car on the way to the city. I accidentally chose the wrong dates. I called the property and they fixed it for me right away. No problem. That's why we stay there whenever we come to the city. Customer service is topnotch.

Not a thing.

We have stayed here multiple times. The location is perfect. Close to airport. Many dining options, outlet malls near by, downtown close too. Hotel is clean. Staff is friendly. Rate is great ... Especially with the Booking.com app. This stay was not planned but a weather related emergency.

Dark parking w/ outdoor lights flickering all evening Bathroom was filthy and broken toilet. Pretty sure the sheets were not fresh cleaned...slept on top of bedding all night Real sketchy people looking thru cars in parking lot early am when we left Loud noise all night Nothing but old cereal, toast in breakfast...plus coffee

Liked absolutely nothing about this dump Oh wait..coffee was hot !

The room did not meet our idea of an adequate hotel room. Booking.com would not let us cancel the reservation but we only stayed one night of the two and found acceptable accommodations elsewhere.

How close it is to the Fair Grounds

Walked into the room and I felt dirty just a grimy fill. The room stunk to the point it was hard to breath. When we laid in the bed it felt almost damp because the thickness in the air. There was three of us and we all said it was the nastiest place we had ever stayed. And we will never stay in a super 8 again

I lost my wallet and they would not let me stay there because I didn't have id had prof of reservation but that didn't matter and was paying cash

Lots of down on luck people on bikes or walking. They were all friendly and cordial. One was probably working hard for her money.

On site laundry facilities

• King Room -Smoking

There's nothing really bad I can say about the place

This one here the benefits are really good they have a breakfast there's access to everything you canget to the highway right there you got the stores across the street Denny's in front it's all around a nice comfortable place to be

They could offer breakfast to go for travelers leaving before 6am...

Nice desk attendants. Frig in room; good shower pressure. Rooms are behind the check-in office, so no (or less) street noise.

Only two coffee pack n the room

I had a nice time and the front desk guy on Friday when I got there was very helpful and nice and informative he deserves a fat raise, for his customer service skills

The overall area has gotten worse. There was a gas station very close by that had men hanging on the corner cat calling women going in to the store and then following them to their cars. It was disturbing to have this so close to where our family was sleeping. I will not stay at any hotel in this area again.

The staff were nice and the rooms were clean and the price was great

Nothing everything was great

My stay was great people were friendly and thank God they let me stay after booking with you because the Howard Johnson's would not

Our room was extremely humid, and everything including the bedding, towels...even our clothes and hair was damp. We got mysterious insect bites, which we believe may be from fleas or bed bugs. The parking lot and sidewalk in front of the rooms was filthy (cigarette butts, beer cans, etc.). We stayed 3 nights, and management made no effort to clean it. The FREE breakfast is a laugh...extremely limited unless you are used to eating norhing more than waffles, toast, or packaged rolls. Cold cereal, milk, or fruit was not even provided beyond a bowl of apples. We ended up eating in a restaurant all 3 mornings incurring unexpected expense by doing so. In hindsight, we would have been money ahead to stay in a higher priced hote l, with a better reputation than Super 8. We booked this based on the higher rating, which we are convinced is 100% bogus.

We were in the area to visit a friend who is dying, and the motel is located near the highway we needed to travel on for several days.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The bathroom was way too small, almost like use porta potty at a job site, motel looked run down.Stayed there one night and came down to motel 6 way better cost less and great service.

Not much

Some protein in the breakfast would be nice.

It had everything we needed for a great price.i like the tub shower combo and comfortable bed.It was clean.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Could not get a downstairs room. Did ask at the time of booking. Also was supposed to have a quadruple room. Didn't happen but was charged for it. Stairs to the upstairs on east side were sketchy. The parking was very cramped.

You have to carry a scrap of paper to eat breakfast, staff conveinitly forgot to mention at check in.

• King Room -Smoking

The air conditioner worked erratically. Sometimes it cooled, sometimes not. Also, it never shut off, but ran constantly, even though set to Auto. Was pleasantly surprised to find that the TV had an on-line guide that worked the first night; after that, it never worked again.

Served the overall purpose as being an economical place to stay.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• King Room -Smoking

My husband and I didn't like the pillows, that was the ONLY issue for our entire stay.

This hotel was an amazing deal! I have stayed in less nice places for far more money. I will definitely stay here again!

• King Room -Smoking

I found a virus that copied computer key strokes which subjects the users to data breaches and stolen pass words. It was brought to the attention of the clerk

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Breakfast was a bit sparse.Having a few more options other than toast, cereal, and waffles would've been nice. And it would have been very helpful to have a few take-out menus in the room since we weren't familiar with the area.

Hotel is only about a block off the highway,very convenient. Room also had a fridge and microwave!Denny's is next door.

Got to breakfast a little after 9:00 a.m. and everything had been cleaned up. So when they mean breakfast is over at 9:00 a.m., they mean it. Otherwise, everything was spot on.

Bed was wonderful! Room was clean! Great location!

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• King Room -Smoking

They charged my credit card several transactions And for a night I wasn't even there still trying to get my money back a total of over 200.00 .

The place was very clean and comfortable bed very roomy

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

the associate at front desk made me feel unwelcome, they took their time check me in and to check me out. never said hello and never smiled.

beds where clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

requested main floor room, was told very rudely "we don't have any available" when we did get to the room, the door was standing open, called the front desk, she told me she would note it. didn't have newspaper as advertised in room literature, was told they haven't had newspapers for a couple years. Need to update literature online and in room.

bed was ok. clean

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• King Room -Smoking

Handicap room number 117 was in terrible condition when I received it towards the middle of the month shower did not properly engage the coffee pot was broken and I couldn't figure out where to plug the microwave in

Always plenty of hot water and a friendly face

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

too far away to walk to wafflehouse

Loved the lemonade at check-in! Also forgot some bags in the room after check out and the staff was very accommodating.

Breakfast.Not enough selection

Rooms were clean.Staff was friendly and helpful.

No pool

Customer service

• King Room -Smoking

The location of the room. It was hard to find and the parking was cramped.

It was clean, and the bed was good.

• King Room -Smoking

bed was super soft, room was clean

I liked it all

The complete stay.

Didn't go outside

Took to much money

• King Room -Smoking

Had to park pretty far from our room. Toilet worked in this room, vs not working the week before

cleanliness, location, value,

breakfast could have a better assortment.

There isn't enough parking.

Great location for an event at the fairgrounds.

The door frames and doors in the room are nasty. Need to be cleaned. And it smelled of cigarettes but was to be a smoke free room

Easy to get to

• King Room -Smoking

Drug's,prostitution.constant banging from tractor trailers. Dirty room's. disrespectful housekeeping.

Hot water

• King Room -Smoking

Yes the eggs were fluffy. The rooms were big. And the rooms were clean.

Many roaches....terrible

Location is good

Rough looking right from look of lobby. Rooms dressed up but can't hide the age or quality...got out quick?

Dennys

Other super 8s confused people and taxis just where I was

Plenty of space. Breakfast ok Next to Denny's.

Neighborhood was a little ruff. A lot of homeless people. To be expected in a big city

• King Room -Smoking

Stinky room with moist carpet and a shower with poor pressure.

Great staff on front desk, easy to find, good bed

Very noisy

Very easy to get to for what I was staying there for.

Hottest water I have ever had at a hotel!

• King Room -Smoking

This was my worst experience ever!!!!!!

All Good

Everything ok

• King Room -Smoking

Very close to road and restaurant

Very well maintained

Room was clean enough, not sure how safe I felt. I wouldn't stay there on my own.

Location felt a bit unsafe

• King Room -Smoking

Great price, great location. Super clean and great staff.

Price

N

Near to shopin stores

The staff was super nice. The cleaning crew was very good and helpful.

• King Room -Smoking

it was hair on the towel and in the shower!

The bed was very comfortable..

Breakfast was poor at best. Sckethy neighborhood.

Close to the highway. Price was right.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

The night staff was great! We had a leaky toilet and he came right over and fixed it

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017