Reviews of Travelodge by Wyndham Orlando Near Florida Mall 2 stars

#390 of 407 hotels in Orlando

5.5

5.3

5.1

Great value hotel at a great price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Highway nearby you could hear traffic at night.

The location was excellent. All major parks were easy to get to. Walmart was close as well as other major stores.

very nasty and very ugly. The should be take it down and rebulit the new one

the building was so old with a lot of leaking rain water from above

none. The water leaking from the above floor (the entire 3rd floor was closed. Th noise from dripping rain water made so noisy and the air condition run so weir.

Good for ONE night stay 🤷‍♀️
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smell of room, the dirty coffee maker, the carpet needs a DEEP cleaning, room could use some updating, bathroom could've been a bit more cleaner.

Convenient location and Manny was pleasant at check in.

There young man that helped us check in.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was construction taken place on the property, It was very noisy. Mold on the Shower head, the sink and the tub.

There young man that helped us check in. Allen, or Alex was very helpful.

Bathrooms small, hardly anything available for breakfast,...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathrooms small, hardly anything available for breakfast, kids weren't able to walk through the lobby in their swimsuits and had to take the stairs separately.

Acceptable for the price and not more than one night.
    • Standard King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

The room was extremely run-down and really needs some renovation. The bathtub looks really dirty and overall the cleanliness is questionable.

The staff was very friendly.

Do not book this hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This is a two store hotel that sits dead in the middle of a interstate and major road! Semi trucks were running 65 miles in hour around this place. The traffic noise was horrible! The room was full of mold!!! Full!!! Our eyes were itching in the first 3 mins in the room. The carpet was beyond gross! Rip up, dirt and filth was all around the walls! When I first checked in I have to admit the gentleman was very nice! But, when I returned to ask for at least a partial refund he was extremely rude! Telling me cancellations had to be done 24 hours in advance. I explained it was 3 women traveling and we did not feel safe. He was even more rude! The best part is as we were leaving, we drove around the backside and saw a guy working on a car up on jacks with the motor out !!!! 😳😳 I really wanted to take a picture but I couldn’t do it with him there! This is the first time I have booked with booking.com and have been this unhappy!!! I would not offer this property to anyone! As for the property shame on you being so rude! If your mother, daughter and sister was uncomfortable at a place you would have thought differently! Final words.... Do not book this hotel!!

The pictures that were on the booking page was not was in person!!

Staff were great and breakfast was good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place was run down. The phone in the room want even plugged in...and I couldn't find anywhere to plug it in...bathrooms were stained but clean but we found food on the floor from previous guests

Staff were great and breakfast was good

I will never stay here again.

There were roaches, the bathtub was disgusting. The tv didn’t work and although the tried to fix it they couldn’t and wanted to move us into another room. We had already unpacked our things and I didn’t want to spend anymore time moving because of the inadequacy of the hotel. It’s so close to a busy road you’re kept up half the night by loud semi trucks.

I liked the guy at the front desk with the Batman tie.

IT WAS AN EXPERIENCE I'LL NEVER FORGET.

THE FACT THAT THE FRONT DESK PHONE OPERATOR DIDN'T MENTION THAT THE AIRPORT SHUTTLE STOP RUNNING AT A CERTAIN TIME WHEN THEY'RE WAS A 1 HOUR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CHICAGO AND FLORIDA.

THE CONVIENCE OF BEING CLOSE TO THE AIRPORT.

The floor and the carpet around the hotel was not clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The floor and the carpet around the hotel was not clean. We were a Family of 4 and there were only 2 towels in the bathroom, I called the reception to get 2 more towels and the towels they give me were the ones that are use to dry your feet when you get out of the shower. Also, we asked for a no smoking room and our room smelled like cigars.

Didn't stay, it was too gross

Everything, the place was MOLDY, SMOKE INFESTED, HAd ratty carpets that were wet and The front door was so Rusted you could see thru it. The first agent was nice. When I saw the second room they changed us to within minutes I told the second agent we couldn't even BREATH in the room from the smoke and we didn't want to stay. Rust in bathroom all in tub. Patch walls that weren't Finished. Pee stains on chair, you would trip over the old bunched up rug. he said we were still being charged for both days. You wouldn't want to stay in this hotel for free. A DUMP!!! Photos to follow .

It was quick

Do not waste your money here

Rooms were dirty and infested with bugs, they charge you for things you didn’t know about and they will continue charging you. This place is a huge scam

Decent price and comfortable just for an overnight stay.

No breakfast Thin walls The air conditioning unit STANK like sewer water

Decent price and comfortable just for an overnight stay. Good location to restaurants The water was hot

Worst experience ever. Don’t ever stay here unless you want bogus charges to your credit card.

Hotel charged my credit card for bogus damages. Said we had damaged a sheet and mattress pad. The bed didn’t even had a mattress pad because we checked for bed bugs. We checked in at 10pm at night and went straight to sleep but supposdley damaged sheets? They are crooks don’t ever stay here.

Suberb

The bed is EXTREMELY comfortable. The odor when I walked in was so very good and fresh. Staff is so personable and professional. They know me and that makes it so much netter. There is absolutely no where else I want to lodge when I needs some time away. No roaches, close to everything. Good reception, WiFi is good. I have absolutely NO complaints.

Staff were friendly and efficient, pool was nice.

Bathroom/tub tap was leaking, all doors difficult to open and close. The deadbolt on the outside door did not work.

Staff were friendly and efficient, pool was nice. Carpet recently replaced and a big comfy bed. All the comforts you'd expect - TV, microwave, fridge, coffee maker.

It sucked.

Tub was dirty.pillows to small and bed to hard.room smelled.an they tried to charge me twice and tried to charge me 106$ for What I don't know.would not recommend.

Overall extremely disappointing.
    • Standard King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

I was charged double and was not advised about any deposit. I’m still awaiting refund after 04/21/18. The bathroom had hair in the shower!! The floor dirty in the bathroom!!

The fact you could check in late.

Terrible and disgusting

The room was disgusting. The comforter on the bed had stains on it. When I pulled it back the sheets had hair on them. The bathroom was moldy. The shower curtain had toothpaste on it. The carpet was filthy. The room smelled funny. The chair was ripped and had stains on it.

They provided matrix shampoo and conditioner

NEVER EVER AGAIN!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They charged more than what I reserved for on booking.com, the room was FILTHY and not maintained!!! Picture below is my 4yr old grandsons feet 10 mins after his bath running around bare feet in that room. They made a paper copy of my credit card then ran my card for 3 more charges the next day claiming 2 towels were stained which is not only untrue but doesn't explain why my card was ran an additional 3 times.

The desk clerk was professional and helpful.

The Room was dirty, the smell was horrible.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Room was dirty, the smell was horrible. The Room was smelling like “mar-iguana”. So, I requested to Room change. I’ll never stay in this Hotel again.

Cheap room. Soft Clean Bed. Dirty AF. Convenient neighborhood..scary AF. Good thing I have no photos
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The TV was from the 90's and look like it was from a thrift store (didn't watch anything on it). There were a lot of surfaces in the room that were covered heavily with dust. The bathtub was dirty dirty dirty. Was were stained and caulk had mold and cracks in it. Surface didn't look like it ha been cleaned in months and months. Room was surrounded by highways. I stayed near the pool which was right next to a highway on-ramp. Really, an on-ramp. The location wasn't the best neighborhood. I'd be scared if it was a woman staying alone. Sorry but this was just my experience. I would not have even left this review but I got so much spam emails asking for this review I finally left one just make the email stop. All the guests looked like criminals (that's not the hotels' fault). I think just a result of cheap rooms. I can't fault that...I was a guess too.

The bed was good Clean and soft. Location was convenient. If I wasn't staying for a quick overnight trip and I didn't need a dirt cheap room I wouldn't stay here. If I came with my wife she would've made us leave.

dealt with it water in shower was cold. fridge n microwave battered.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The night front desk clerk was incapable of giving directions to location from E Landstreet. Tjat was ridiculous they should be better trained ORLANDO is a worldwide destination.

Good value for money but surely a good sleep is priceless. Steer well clear of this motel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I checked in late and asked for the quietess room. Even with the windows closed I was awake at around 5am by the traffic noise that only got more horrendous as the morning progressed. Wifi reception non-existant and no effort to 'boost' the system. I spilt some water on the carpet and in wiping it up, the face cloth was black. But then it is like so many other other motels as you make mention of these points but they don't care!

There is not much you could praise other than the price.

The overall stay was good but cleanliness was bad.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It looked they hadn’t shampooed the carpet in years! And they didn’t even wipe the faucets down so I know nothing else in that bathroom was wiped down. As a mom I was disgusted at the cleanliness. Bleach isn’t expensive.

The size of the room was good and the size beds were ok.

Avoid in future
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom old and marked. Windows do not block sound of traffic passing through. Air con not working. Chair's squeak uncomfortable and don't match room decor. Carpet does not look clean

Very disappointing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smell of cigarettes was horrible. The room smelled like an ashtray and the vent in the bathroom the smell of cigarettes came through. Every staff in there smoked. I had to buy air freshner for the smell. Very disappointing. The breakfast was cheap also.

Terrible rip off
    • Standard King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

The room was very dirty. Smelled awful but I was too scared to walk back out of the room to go to the lobby. Two lamps did not work, bathroom was run down and dirty. Bathtub was absolutely gross. Outside of my door there were people sitting in the their car smoking but I couldn't call front desk to complain because phone was broken. And there was no way I was going to walk out there in the dark by myself. Felt very unsafe and did not sleep at all.

It was easy to find, thats about it.

I've paid a lot less for a room before and have never been in a room so dirty.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was so unprofessional. The bathtub was black we couldn't even use it. Candy wrappers and food on the floor from previous guest. None of the outlets worked correctly. The tv and lights had a short in them and blew a breaker.

Worst hotel ever, I've staying in better places at a 3rd world country
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Place was old, bed covers were dirty, floors were dirty, only gave to bath towels for four people...and 1 hand towel 2 washcloths.. check in person was rude, the tub was rusty.......

Location was close to theme parks

Never staying here again unless I have to!

It was dirty. I took a shower in the dark.

The room was dirty, sheets were stained and I had to change them myself. The older white guy at the front was a weirdo. But the bed was okay. I got sleep.

Hated it, but hey, it wad a bed
    • Standard King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

Cold, dingy, uncomfortable, hated it. I PAID THE SAME RATE for a resort in the past that was everything this place was... the hotel BUSINESS is scam...

It wasn't mega dirty, but it was yuck for the price.... old beds, wrinkled bedspread, dingy bedroom, dingy facilities. Do hotels in floridaveven care about these things?

Gross and swampy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The toilet was about to fall. Around the drain of the tub was very rusted and only getting worse. The entire room smelled like sewer.

I didn’t like anything about this place.

Feel my stay should be reimbursed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

traffic was loudly aggravating as well the front desk gentleman was very rude a disrespectful upon check in as well when asked for more towels and blankets wouldn't allow us any. Also was a shooting to close to my liking and felt unsafe for my child, mother and myself.

The location was somewhat likeable but

It’s fine if you need a cheap place to sleep but don’t stay for more than one night.

They allowed someon to park a trailer in the parking lot for a week and it made it super difficult to park. While I was there, someone shot a hotel window out and shot a truck window out. The police came to each door in the hotel, asked for ID and scared everyone there. I was asleep and they woke me up with their “Police Knock”. Not good. The older gentlemen a who work the desk are always mad, especially the guy with the pony tail. The room service ladies were nice and polite.

The location of the hotel is fine. The pool is ok but it’s next to a dirty parking lot.

Good experience and will try to stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Soft drinks and water / mini bar should have been placed in fridge and could be charged in the bill in any of that was used/ drank/ eaten by occupants

Cleanliness and room atmosphere

Bad
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like anything about

I didn’t like the hotel it was very dirty, the bathroom it was disgusting and the room just smells cigarette it was the worst.

Location to airport and convention center was ok but was...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was old and worn. Sockets torn out of wall, bugs in room, you could see the outlines of removed pictures on the wall etc . Weird smell in room and outdated AC, def. not worth the price, any location further down in Kissimmee would have higher standard rooms for half the price. I am a frequent visitor to Orlando and had to stay closer to the airport this time it def won't stay at this place again

Location to airport and convention center was ok but was also located at big intersection and right next to highway (a LOT of traffic noise)

Not what i expected but it was better than the last hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was only cereal, the toaster didn't work and breakfast was from 6 - 9, i wish it was to at least 10.

I loved the location, everything was around us. The staff was very polite and joyful. I will stay here again.

We stayed last minute since to our previous hotel plans fell through.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom had mold on the ceilings and the walls. There was pubic hair on the toilet, the walls in the room itself were dirty. Next to the long mirror it looked as if there was dried blood on the wall. The beds were not bad but the linens made my family feel very itchy. The carpet was wet and we arrived late @ night just to sleep. It did smell clean and I am assuming the carpet was wet because they were cleaning a spill. The air conditioning unit worked but the air when turned on smelled as if someone had smoked in the room and we requested a nonsmoking room.

The gentleman @ the front desk was very nice checking in.

Bad experience

Everything as stated above

The location was good but old and dirty will never recommend to anyone. No stations on the tv water dripping in tub walk area to rooms very dirty. They charged me twice for my room which has not been taken care of yet. Due to a flight cancelation because of a big northern storm they would not cancel or credit me for the room which was a great Inconvience. Will not use or recommend to anyone. If it had been a better visit I would have stayed the second night. All around bad experience

Loud nigjr
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was very noise it is on the off ramp and trucks stopped all night shaking the building. People were yelling at 3 am as well. Not worth the price they charged.

They had a room when we were in need of one.

They were the only place that had rooms left when I needed a...

The room smelled a little weird but it was typical for a motel.

They were the only place that had rooms left when I needed a last minute place to stay. The staff was very friendly!

Short- I wouldn't stay here again.

Super outdated. The metal framing around the door was all rusted and basically could stick your finger through it. Construction was right outside so we didn't get to sleep much. Checkout is 11am- housekeeping was knocking at our door at 10:20am...

It was open 24hrs. We had a late flight so that was helpful. It was pretty clean.

Very nasty carpets are filthy it was a cockroach in the refrigerator cockroaches crawling on the wal
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were cockroaches in The refrigerator and there was cockroaches crawling up the wall it was disgusting the carpet was really really nasty my grandson’s feet was filthy just walking across it the hallways smell horrible on the third floor for me smoky musty monkey we opened my granddaughter opened her towel and there was hairs in it when it was a folded towel above the toilet I never been used had a hair in it I was very disgusted other than that no problem everybody was very nice and all that but that was horrible and then the breakfast was nothing it was zero and bread and coffee and juice that was very very little of that and I would not stay there again our

the most expensive and worst hotel room I've ever stayed in

dirty, insects in bathroom, walls were damaged and dirty. earns a prize in my book as both the most expensive and worst hotel room I've ever stayed in.

convenient location. nice front desk folks who were overwhelmed with customers but kept their cool.

Cozy and convenient
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Could have left more towels in rooms since we had a double, and only two towels.

It was clean, had everything needed for more than a nights stay, and there wasn't a bunch of noise other than freeway traffic.

A place that failed and very dirty hostel There is no electricity full room and bathroom Thayer very day was lost in it

The breakfast was not that great for that amount of money. The TV was not good, there was no bible or phone in my room unfortunately.

The staff was very professional and timely. They were willing to accommodate my needs and it was appreciated.

We stayed in 2 wyndom resorts while in Fl. Disappointed in both!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing !! nasty dirty rooms. Would not recommend to anyone!

Nothing !! It was a dirty nasty room. If we wouldn't have been so tired we would have tried to find something else

Hotel needs better help.Reduce rates.Replacing tubs.

Tubs need replacing.over charges.problem getting changed to a acceptable room.long travel bad smell room bad tubs had to deal with maintenance and house keeping before changing rooms on arrival.

Clean room and bathroom.

Severely outdated. TV and room decor looked like it was from the 80s. The mattress was uncomfortable. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel for an extended vacation. Luckily we just needed somewhere cheap to sleep for a couple hours and somewhere cheap is exactly what we received.

Horrible

Everything in this hotel is subpar, including being charged double on my card relative to rate that was booked on booking.com. do not stay here

Bad experience and hotel. I recommend to no one.

I enjoyed my stay and I will come again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My shower curtain had mold at the bottom

The bed was nice and the room was cleaned, the coffee was good, I wish there wore eggs, but you can't have everything for this rate.

very bad
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

that our room was very dirty bathroom tub full of hair stuck to tub no shower curtain underneath toilet lid had brown stuff under it moved second had ky jelly packet open on the bed after maintance said it was double check to ensure the problem didnt happen again

The hotel is clean, with marble sink in the bathroom.

The hotel is located near busy road, trucks driving all night long, making a lot of noise.

The hotel is clean, with marble sink in the bathroom. The hotel is located conveniently close to the airport.

The outside facilities and lobby was clean. All rooms had a fowl smell and dirty bathroom
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They over charged me for three extra rooms causing my bank account to go into overdraft. It took over a week to resolve the matter. Very disappointed from this matter.

The staff had good communication skillz

Good location for an affordable night before or after a MCO flight.

-A little dirty and some things broken, but this was honestly expected and did not detract from a comfortable bed and functional amenities needed for a fresh start the next day.

-Close to airport.

Booked only because we had to. Never again. Very overpriced, dirty, next to a loud road with semis.

Bed did not have mattress cover beneath fitted sheet. Had a few light bulbs out in the hotel room. Shower and bathroom area were dirty. Carpet was peeling up from the walls. Whole room felt humid and moist. Very outdated and you can tell the rooms are NOT cleaned thoroughly between guests, or period for that matter. Booked it as a last second “no other option” hotel. Everything else was booked in the area.

Bed was soft. Man at the front desk was very polite and professional.

Horrible. Do not stay here.

Mold around walls in sink area, on ceiling in bathroom sink area, around walls and tub. Toilet leaks onto floor. Bathtub is coming apart all near the drain. Furniture is falling apart. There was mold on my sheets. Curtains broken. Lampshades broken. Tiny ants crawling the bathroom wall and a black bug.

Location. Close to airport

If you’re only looking For value & don’t care about cleanliness or cigarette smell this is perfect!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very dirty hotel. Our non smoking room woke us up at night with the potent smell of cigarettes. Bed sheets were stained. There was a dead cockroach on the bathroom floor and the previous guests’ food was still in our mini fridge. Breakfast was only cereal or toast (no eggs, bacon/sausage, pancakes/waffles or even bagels). Our expectations were low given the price we paid but the pictures or descriptions online are no where near what it looked and smelled like. It’s rundown.

Check in and check out was fast and hotel was very close to the theme parks .

Horrible

Got double charged for a one night stay. Hotel manager said because of damage to a lamp. The lamp was broken when we got there. Scammers trying to get me to pay for something I didn't do. Literally got in at 3 in the morning, ate, went to bed, woke up, showered and checked out. So what.... between 3am-1130am i decided hey! I'm gonna break a lamp even though I've been up since 6am the day before and drove from Daytona to Ft. Lauderdale then Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando. They will be hearing from my attorney.

Free breakfast

Staff was friendly

Roaches in the bathroom. Also asked for sheets to be changed after food was wasted on bed and came back that night they were not changed.

Staff was friendly

I don’t think I’ll ever go back.

Cleanliness was terrible, sheets full of stains and hair from previous occupants. Mattress and protection was was however good. The room was awful, smelled like mould and burning rubber. The air conditioning was half in bits but worked. I’ve seen cleaner carpets in a nightclub I very nearly walked out straight away but everything else was booked. I didn’t even use the bathroom, I used the ones in reception.

The staff were friendly and happy.

DO NOT STAY HERE
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Almost everything. Mainly, the moment you walk in it smells terrible. When you get up to the room it smells like urine and mold. Bathroom was not clean but the shower was atrocious. The pillows were painful to sleep on. Too many things.

the location its was really good. Near to Florida mall, some places to eat, and the Disney parks
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Maybe need more Clean the carpet, my feet its to dirty when a walk without shoes.

Comfortable bed, hot water, the instant coffe in the room and the location.

Horrible never stay here.

Nothing in our room would work, the shower wouldn’t warm up for at least 20 mins. The lights were flickering and our door key machine wouldn’t work

Terrible

Refund my payment so that I can go somewhere else.

The sleeping conditions were not livable. Terrible oder, unit was molding I request to change my room it was the same terrible condition

It did surf our stay to be close to airport, place will be refurbished in near future
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The dark color's of the carpets had lots of years of wearing in them, black blue wall lots of holes The mirror had some strange splatters,blankets had maps on like piss(the staff did replace it), fridge was not cleaned...bottom had water from defrosting,the musty smells close to Hwy,noisy to be outside

Friendly and hard working staff helped in all we need the place was under renovation and the staff keeps cleaning outside till late hours. It was not to far to airport, our room was vacuumed good ...no bed Bugs!

The rate we paid was low.
    • Standard King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

They charged an extra $50.00 on my credit card after I left. Now I am in Mexico and have no way of contacting them. Cannot find an email address for them. Now I have to protest it with my credit card.

The rate we paid was low.

The only thing to like was the low cost of the rooms for two...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was very dirty and the property is located right next to busy streets. If you want to hear trucks all night and people above you then stay here.

The only thing to like was the low cost of the rooms for two days.

DON'T SPEND MONEY TO STAY HERE!!!!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This property needs a complete renovation. It's incredibly run down. All of the furnishing needs to be replaced, the linen is dirty and needs to be replaced. I went to Walmart to buy my own pillow and linen.

I didn't like anything about this property. I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here. It doesn't feel safe and is noisy from traffic and thin walls. This place is nasty.

Horrible choice for family or romance.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place is a filthy, cigarette smoker heaven. The entire place is nasty from the elevator to the room. It's like their vacuum broke and the housekeepers quit. My daughters were scared to sleep under the sheets.

It was close to the airport.

The hotel needs to be renovated. Things were worn and dirty. There were no towels in the room. As we checked in late and left early we did not report the problem. The quality was on the level of a cheap motel.