Reviews of Knights Inn Metro Airport 2 stars

9863 Middlebelt Road, Romulus, MI 48174, USA

#20 of 26 hotels in Romulus

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room felt dirty, shower pressure non-existent and got more water outside of the actual shower space. Staff was friendly when they got off their personal cell phone conversations. Building needs a facelift and thoroughly cleaned. When I went to the "breakfast" room, there were limited options and when I got coffee, a cockroach was on my finger when I grabbed a sugar packet. That was great. It was just a dirty place. Even for $60 a night, you should try and have a clean place. I will not frequent a Knights Inn again.

The only positive thing about this hotel is how close it is the airport and the price.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

"Breakfast" was not much - but I didn't expect much for the price of the room. Supplies, like tissues, in the bath were insufficient.

Very close to the airport

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Like most other 2 star hotels some repairs and updates are needed.

Right beside the airport. Can leave car there while you are traveling. Friendly staff.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

The cleanliness of the hallways.

This was my second time staying at this place after landing to Detroit Airport late at night. My room was quite clean and I had everything that I needed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was filthy. The floor may have never been vacuumed. There was a dead bug and stray hairs in the bed, and an old Cheeto stuck to the lamp. The bed creaked when you breathed and the air conditioner was so loud that it was impossible to sleep.

The staff was incredibly nice. I was checking in after a cancelled flight and they were all very understanding.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room looked well used and the air conditioning was an old wall unit. You couldn't see out of the window. Everything from the rug to the bed were sad and old.

The location was the best, and of course the price. The whole place needs a makeover. It's tired and dull. Kind of 70's.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room has not been cleaned between two occupations. Airport shuttle driver let me drop my baggage in the van but expected tip.

Staff polite and helpful. Breakfast basic, but OK to start the day. WiFi worked.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not a fan of dim hotel rooms (+ a light burnt out) and having to move furniture to plug in my phone. But I trade that off with conveniece and cost. So all in all it was an ok choice for a night in Romulus.

I needed a comfy bed for 7 hrs between flights, affordable with airport shuttle, and coffee in the morning. Check on all accounts. I did not partake of the free breakfast except to grab an apple (healthy choices!). The shuttle driver talked on his phone the entire drive but maybe that's legal in MI (tho not where I came from). But friendly and quick :)

The floors had not been cleaned in my room.And there was a lot of dust om the furniture surfaces. There was a faint odour of tobacco.Even though it was a non- smoking room.

Only a 10 minute shuttle ride to DTW Airport. Fadi at reception,was very friendly and welcoming.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First our bed was broke the clerk came up to see if she could fix it she could not they updated us to a different room which was beyond our expectations

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Hard to sleep due to noise from Lobby and room upstairs. Bathroom floor extremely slippery which was a worry as my 80 yr old partner had just had hip surgery 6 wks prior.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel as well as my room was dirty. Staff unprofessional and in need of training. Hotel in poor repair. Peeling paint in shower. My room didn't have any dpap . I had to go to the front desk and ask for soap.

Good debris was in my room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No cable, dirty room, hair in our bed, no internet, I asked for additional towel and blanket in 1.5 days I never received it. Fridge and microwave did not work. I asked for a refund and they refused

• Queen Room - Disability Access

I was there a brief time but I usually stay at this location when I go back home to visit. The last time I was there I had a very weird experience that had nothing to do with the hotel personally but it was another guest calling my room and trying to get into my room saying he was maintenance when i didnt call for maintenance and then there was no maintenance person in the building at the time so that had me hesitant to stay there again but when I called the front desk about the situation they were very helpful and escorted me to another room so I felt safer. The rooms are always clean and a great price.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast buffet was disappointing on every front except the coffee. No eggs or other hot items, no gluten-free option except instant oatmeal.

The price, the 24-hour shuttle service, the proximity to the airport.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Was able to hear the front desk staff all night playing their music loudly and the room above us was up most of the night walking around, I maybe got an hour of sleep. The bed is hard and very low to floor. Every piece of furniture in the room looks like they came from a bad flea market

They would not honor my confirmation from booking.com. I was charged more than double my confirmation. The rooms were disgusting and stunk of smoke even though this was suppose to be a smoke free hotel. The smoke alarm was disabled and hanging from the ceiling.

close proximity to airport

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was a lil loud during the day cause the Suites are located right next to the evaders and vending machines. But surprisingly kinda quiet during the night.

The King Suite jacuzzi room was what we expected. Clean, spacious and relaxing. Could use a lil updating though

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Thin walls with noisy rooms, threadbare linens, threadbare and stained carpet, in room coffee was not replenished from the prior traveler and they would not/could not bring up more coffee.

Convenient to the airport, with a free shuttle. However, the shuttle only leaves once per hour, on the hour. Reasonably friendly front desk person, though no other staff were on site to help with a problem.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Bath had been removed, pan installed to make large shower. Crude. Carpets very dirty, hairs on toilet seat, carpets disgusting, would never book this property again. Very old and tired and in need of deep clean and refurbishing. Heard many other complaints.

Leaving

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

FADI WAS VERY CONCERNED AND HELPFUL HOWEVER THE ROOM WAS DISGUSTING THE FIRST ROOM HE PUT US IN THE WALL WAS SWELLED FROM WATER BY THE AIR CONDITIONER AND THE BED LOOKED AS IF IT HAD BEEN BROKEN. FADI HAD PUT US THEN INTO ANOTHER ROOM WHERE THE SHOWER WAS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. LOOKED LIKE IT HAD NEVER BEEN CLEANED. I TOOK PICTURES OF THE ROOMS. WE DID NOT STAY WE WENT TO A DIFFERENT HOTEL... THE PRICE AND LOCATION OF THE HOTEL WAS GREAT BUT AGAIN THE CLEANLINESS WAS VERY UPSETTING. FADI LEFT MY INFORMATION FOR THE HOTEL MANAGER TO CONTACT ME IN REGARDS TO A REFUND AND I HAD NOT HEARD BACK. I CALLED AGAIN TODAY TO FOLLOW UP AND THE MANAGER IS NOT IN. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE.

HOW HELPFUL AND CONCERNED FADI WAS.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty floor - wrappers from last guest, hair on washcloth, garbage under bed. Ripped screen on window. Room was horribly hot. Staff was great - room was awful.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

The bed wasn't great; it was sinking. So that was something I would definitely repair -- and I think Fadi said that was happening.

Superb service from Fadi at the front desk. I left my bag on the airport shuttle and he called to make sure it was delivered. Very attentive, friendly -- the perfect person for the job.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

In order to have heat in the room a loud fan blew all night. So I shut it off so I could sleep and then I froze. I was up all night.

It was located next to where I parked

Parking was advertised as free and not only did they charge but they overcharged. Got to the room only to realize what a mistake I had made booking this hotel. The bedding was stained, towels were dirty (as in NEVER replaced), there were feces or blood on the wall, sheets had hairs already on them, and bed was totally broken.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was told I couldn’t pay in cash because I had made an online reservation, even though I had an option to pay in cash on the website. Also airport shuttles only run once an hour from the hotel or when you call them to pick you up at the airport, so make sure to communicate early and often about shuttle options

The room was comfortable and clean, and the staff were friendly. There’s a Wendy’s right next door

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We stayed here the night before our flight and it was ok, especially for the money, so we booked a room for the flight back. This room was really bad. The room was dirty, there were crumbs and pieces of food on the carpet by the beds. We turned off the heat because the unit was so loud we couldn't sleep. The shuttle driver took almost an hour to pick us up and we weren't the only ones waiting for him. We called 4 times to find out where the shuttle was and were told he was back at the hotel, found out that the other couple had called 4 times also.

The price

No coffee pot in the room, only 2 big towels, 1 handtowel, 1 washcloth, bathroom floor towel was either stained or dirty.

Lady at front desk at check-in was very friendly and answered all my questions.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Beds were super comfortable. As in mattress was excellent! Not usually the case in an older, cheaper hotel. Microwave and fridge are also a fantastic bonus at this cost point. Early morning airport pick up a breeze.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Sound of planes overhead on third floor. They are right in flight pattern so it’s not their fault just bring earplugs or ask for lower floor may muffle it.

Price

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The towels in the bathroom werent clean and the sheets had hair and burnt holes all through out

The bed was comfortable and the tv is a nice size. You get what you pay for

No problem

Quick, easy access to airport, free breakfast and free shuttle to airport, included fridge, microwave.close to fast food Excellent price--a lot of amenities for your money

It was below zero when we checked out, our truck battery was dead. My husband asked if someone would give us a jump and no one would. That's just rude and no excuse for it. We walked next door to Wendy's and one of them gladly gave us a jump. It only took 3 seconds of kindness.

The Room was very nice, the bed was great and the breakfast room was nice.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was not that comfortable but fine for 1-2 nights, breakfast is small and not that great, but again sufficient for a short stay.

Guys at check in were really friendly and helpful (thanks Fadi and the others!). Airport shuttle arrived within 5-10 minutes after I called them. Room was clean but furniture a bit outdated. Proximity to the airport is perfect.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rear door was broken and thus was unlock throughout the day and night. The cleanliness of the room did not meet the standards of such a hotel being in the airport vicinity. The continental breakfast ended to fast. The checkout time was too early.

The room price was decent for it's location.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pictures were not very accurate! Room was decent but you get what you pay for. Cheap pay cheap looking room. But no bed bugs or anything.

Location was main reason I chose to stay there. Very close to airport!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room service seemed pressured to make us check out early.

The rooms were nice and clean and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was friendly and the pictures portrayed the rooms accurately. The value for the price was amazing. It’s my new regular get away hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Building could use some TLC but isn't bad. Hotel is located right under the airports runway approach so you can hear planes all night (might be a plus if you need to stay close to the airport).

Friendly staff and a clean facility. Includes a continental breakfast and a guest washer and dryer. Good value compare to other 2-3 star hotels in the area.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

I didn’t like the fact that Booking.com lead us to believe that the room came with free parking and shuttle. Nope, we had an instant $70 against our vacation funds. Upon return from vacation we had to wait an hour after 3 calls to get a shuttle and then had to sit through even more. Plus the shuttle driver was on his phone while weaving in and out of traffic.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Bathroom wasn't very clean and the pillows on the bed were tiny like small throw pillows not regular pillows .

For a Saturday Evening it was quiet not a lot of noise or traffic up and down the hallways

The room was dirty nothing like the pictures.very disappointed never will go back. Wanted a deal guess I got one. Next time I will pay full price so it doesn't happen again.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Shuttle to the airport takes longer time to come before 8am, plan your trip in advance calling the shuttle earlier like around 30mins before your planned time.

Very Close to the airport

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There wasn't enough parking, the room was dirty, the sheets in the bed had someone's change in it and when I requested new sheets they gave me balled up dirty ones, staff was rude and when we had told the manager about everything she said she was going to give us a discount and then never did.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

The shuttle service from the airport took an hour and a half. I understand there were traffic delays but maybe they need to add additional shuttles during peak traffic hours.

The service and atmosphere were excellent. I would book at this location again and recommend this location for the value and amenities.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing really. It was a good place to stay for what I paid.

It was easy to get to and the staff was very helpful. I made a small mess in my room and the cleaner was vey nice to take care of it while I was out. The people behind the desk were accommodating in helping me find a place to eat. Wendy's is right next door, but I didn't want fast food. The lady behind the counter recommended a other few places.

walls of the building are very thin, can hear EVERYTHING, bathroom visit, squeaky shoes, etc. bathroom was clean but run down. towels were clean but rough.

rate was great, room was clean, location was easy to get to from the airport.

Poor bed mattress: was uncomfortable, old and crumbled at the edges and center. Dreadful breakfast: not fit for human consumption, as there was absolutely NOTHING nutritious. The breakfast is GMO fattening pastries, GMO white loaf, GMO cereals, concentrated artifical juice, black tea and dreadful coffee.

Free shuttle bus from Airport terminal to hotel and back. But had to call hotel to get the shuttle bus to pick me up and wait another 30 minutes which is quite long as the Hotel is only 15 mintues away.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There is nothing to dislike this is an economy hotel very well priced and clean and good staff

the location is great the shuttle is prompt and friendly the staff was so helpful and gave great suggestions for eating places close to the property. We have stayed here 3 times now and it does not disappiont us . Coffee available in the front lobby at all times.

Our room was somewhat dirty. The comforter and sheets looked as if they might not have been replaced in a while. We didn't sleep well because there were people slamming doors all night long and babies crying. There was also a slight hint of marijuana coming from the hallway. Pretty sure we saw a hooker leave with a guest as we were getting to our room.

The room was cheap which was what we needed since we were catching a flight early in the morning. I liked that it was close to the airport and that they had a free shuttle. Being able to leave my car there for only $7 a day was a great deal since the airport charges a lot more.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk person. This is my fifth or sixth stay here, and I’d give all the others a 10. This one this time a generous 3. Weird beds. I think select comfort air beds you have no control of. All of the cords and controller are on the floor behind the headboards. They are noisy and make “squishy fart” sounds. Light bulb missing from desk lamp. Dirt on bathroom floor. Used coffee stirrer on floor near floor lamp and waste basket. The phone cord was broken at the place where it connects to the phone, rendering it useless. It’s easy, cheap, and not a roach motel.

Ease. Location. Super great shuttle service.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had to wait 30 minutes in the cool weather for the shuttle; I must have just missed it.

I had to pass through Detroit and needed a one-night accommodation between flights. Great place, good value, breakfast included, only traffic and construction delayed my getting to the property this trip - not something the driver could control...

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The shuttle is on demand and takes 10-15 minutes to request and may also stop at other hotels so make sure to plan for enough time to get to the airport! Otherwise, shuttle is convenient since it runs 24/7.

The free breakfast starts at 5 am, which is nice to be able to grab a little something before the flights. Can't really beat the price. Not as nice or modern of a hotel, but definitely works for a quick overnight before catching a shuttle to the airport.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room appeared dirty, first noticing the extremely dirty mirror above the desk and in the bathroom. Also lots of hairs in the bathroom. Thick dust on the bedside lamp. Only two towels and wash cloths in our room. When asked for more from the cleaning staff we were informed that they were short and were currently being washed. The coffee machine was very dirty. There was one opened and half used pack of sugar and only one coffee pod which was decaf. They did have coffee in the lobby but it was hardly warm and obviously had been sitting there all day. It was my worst motel experience to date. We checked in around 8 or 9 pm. When booking the room it asked what time we would be checking in. I marked that we were unsure of the time. When we arrived I asked if I could pay cash for the room. Even though they had my credit card on file, they made me pay for the room and a deposit upfront. A few days after returning home my checking had been overdrawn as the motel had charged the room to my credit card. After calling I was advised that if you do not check in by 5 or 6:00 they automatically charge your card. In that case they should have told me when I checked in and should not have taken my cash. Then of course bank fees were associated with the overdrawn account. The third shift front desk associate could not be found.

The location was good for the purpose of our trip. Located next to a Wendy's. The front desk associate was pleasant and attentive. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The price was reasonable.

We were the first ones in the am for breakfast and there was a live insect in the orange juice; showed it to the staff member and she did not seem too concerned; didn't clean the dispenser out either

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no electricity and no generator back up. This meant couldn't see the property or even get my monies worth

Receptionist tried her best to explain lack of electricity

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no electricity when I arrived at the hotel. It was either find another hotel or use a phone flashlight to navigate to the room. It was late and I was tired so I stayed.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

As the hotel is very close to the airport, they would be more careful with noise isolation. Smells a little bit like old building, with low maintenance.

The location is the best quality for this property, close to Detroit Metro Airport. The fares are affordable and the size for the room are very good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was put in a 1st floor room. The window had no screen and didn't lock.Extremely unsafe! 2nd floor room had almost no toilet paper, and both the A/C and clock radio were broken. Everything was dingy and very run-down. Overall felt like a very seedy motel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing I didn't like is that even though it was supposed to be a non smoking facility, there were times were you can smell smoke in the hallways.

All the staff were very friendly. The room was clean, the wifi was excellent, and breakfast was good enough considering it's a 2 star hotel.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

- strong bleach smell in beds, they could have used some softners when washing them. - there wasn't any kind of protein in breakfast other than a sweet peanut butter, it would be nice to see some hard boiled eggs there. There was apple and oranges there but they were old and didn't taste good, at least the ines I had. - too much noise from the hallway and from my neighbors room.

1- I was surprised to see an iron table and iron in the room, that was very nice to have since I was visiting to go to my cousins wedding and my shirt and suite all wrinkled from packing. Having the iron in the room was very convenient. 2- The bathroom was spotless and super clean. 3- the staff was very nice and their promptness in response is very appreciated. There was a problem with the room lights and they fixed it right away when I told them about it.

According to the hotel my booking was cancelled, even when I messaged them prior to arriving about checking out at a later time and they never informed me before I arrived and then they charged me more for the same room. I was not happy at all. The girl was very unprofessional and had earphones on. Terrible service!!

It was close to the airport

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The towels were rough and the bath towels were a bit on the small side.

The hotel is very close to the rental car company at the airport. Excellent location.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

They do not honor the free trip parking offered through the Booking.com listing. Waited over 35 minutes from phone call to pickup by shuttle. Front desk help was rude regarding shuttle inquiries

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was very uncomfortable. The room was very dark. Windows are not cleaned from outside for years.

Breakfast was good enough. Location to the aitport was comfortable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room had no working lights. The toilets were too low . Also it was hard to change the room to upgrade.

The Staff were pretty friendly and kind. The room was quiet to sleep.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When we arrived we were tired and a laid down on top of the bed without getting in it. I got up two hours later and my eye had swollen twice it's size; I believe I might be allergic to smoke because we discovered one of the blankets had a whole burnt through it. After we told the cleaning lady about it she gave us a newer blanket and comforter, but even that comforter had a very small whole burnt in it, but the rest of my stay my eye didn't swell up again. They do need some new blankets because the new blanket that was brought to us looked stained. Rooms were on the small side, when my husband was sitting at the chair with the desk I had to climb over the bed to get my clothes hanging up on the one place for hanging clothes ( which was behind the comfy chair which you had to move forward to get clothes to hang without getting in the way of the chair). When we first arrived there was only 1 long towel and there was two of us. They only gave us 1 long towel each day and they weren't that long and my husband had to ask for a second one for him each day.

The pillows and mattresses were comfortable. It was right next to the airport, so we could hear planes flying overhead, which was soothing. It was conveniently next to Wendy's and other fast food places. Complimentary breakfast was a plus. The rooms had refrigerators and microwaves and flat screen TV's and you could access the wifi without having to put a code in. The air conditioner was pretty cold. There was also an iron and ironing board in the room and complimentary shampoo, conditioner, soap and a hairdryer in the bathroom.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Front desk staff were very indifferent and didn't care about noisy guests during the night.

Really good location, close to rental car return. Great free wifi, easy parking and clean room/bathroom

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The person who was at thr desk wad rude. We were going out ffor awhile and told her if the toom could be vacuumed becaude it wasn't. We came back it still wasnt. We told her it wasnt insstead of looking she claimed it was and didnt try to assist us.

The room was nice loved it

n/a

I've stayed here several times in the past 8 years, when it was Super8 Motel, always friendly staff, clean and quiet, next to a Wendy's and an off airport parking lot shuttle service I can take if I leave earlier than the hotel shuttle, good location right next to the airport - accessible from the inter-urban bus service "Smartbus".org bus stop right in front of Wendy's and across the street up the block, close to the car rental row, I plan on staying here often when I travel out of town

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Knights Inn kept losing sight of my reservation. Called in several times to confirm only to be told I had no reservation each time. Was rather frustrating, but customer service at booking.com handled it each time.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the bed was sunken in . i called the front desk and they moved us to another room, that was a lil better, but come to find out they use air mattress on the bottom.and they had to air it up again.

staff was very friendly and helpful

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Slow to no WIFI, noisy, uncomfortable bed and not very clean. Waited over an hour for hotel shuttle never came after calling 3 times I had to pay for a taxi.

Location to car rental and airport.

If you've ever sat in a Vegas casino wearing something nice, or maybe something made of a dry clean only material, and wondering how the heck you'd ever get the dank, 70yr old smokey smell out of your clothes, you already know what it's like to stay at this knights inn. The entire place smells like that. In addition, the door to my room was broken, so I had to push it hard to close it. The hydraulic thing that usually closes hotel doors was nearly hanging off the door and actually held the door open. The shower head was really really gross (see photos), and the stepping into the tub made a noise that sounded like I was about to go through the floor and end up on the first floor. I weight 150lbs, so I can't imagine any larger human stepping into that thing. The sheets definitely had some kind of crumbs (god I hope they were crumbs), and I almost laughed when I saw THREE 12x12in pillows on my king bed. Wha???? The alarm clock was broken which was really sad, because I wanted to get out of there as quickly as I could in the morning. I'll stop there, but rest assured there were many other issues. If you really, really can't afford any other place, you might be able to stand it for a night, but you certainly won't like it.

The cost and the location to my final destination.

Tv wouldn't turn on, bedside lamp wouldn't turn on, only three outlets worked properly, bed hard as a rock, paper thin walls, others blaring music past 1am

We stayed two days and had to move to another room after the first day because it was booked before we extended the stay. In both rooms some outlets didn't work and a couple lamps were out. The beds are so noisy but still comfy. There was a slight muggy odor but nothing too bad.

The staff was great and courteous. Comp. breakfast was handy.