2. USA hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Texarkana AR

Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Texarkana AR 2 stars

325 East 51st Street, Texarkana, AR 71854, USA

#9 of 13 hotels in Texarkana

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 4 January 2019

It was terrrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

First, when we walked into the motel a strong aroma of must and smoke hit us. Next, after walking into the room and bathroom we noticed how small and filthy it was. One of the towels looked like a rat had chewed on it. The bathroom was filthy. Shower curtain was stained and tub/floor was dirty. Next, one of our family members that was first to take a shower took an ice cold shower. It was not until after going to ask front desk person that we found out you had to slightly adjust handle. You could not turn all the way to hot when starting shower or you would get no hot water at all. The closet was hanging over a lamp and table so there was no place to put clothes. We basically improvised by rearranging furniture.

There was nothing about this property that we liked.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2018

Decent
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Rooms were old and wood around the window looked to be rotting had hole in it. The airflow to circulate air wasn’t good as the window had so much condensation on it. Again rooms needed updating

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

The motel was not out of the way and was fairly clean and reasonable in price.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wish it had outside entrance instead of having to go thru lobby every time we needed something from the car.

It was on the way and was a Motel Super 8 which we have usually had good luck. Nothing remarkable, but better than others on our trip.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Don't recommend staying here, unless absolutely necessary

The room smelled smoky,(even tho it was supposed to be non smoking), & musty . The carpet felt wet. The bathroom sink was at the height for a very short person, not even normal height. I refused to take a shower, the tub looked so nasty. I spent the night and left by 6 a.m. I didn't even look at the breakfast offered. The attendant in the morning was attentive, but I didn't see the night one until a young boy saw me and got her attention. All in all, I won't stay at one of these again.

There was really nothing to like. Its an old motel, not up to Wyndom standards. I was very dissapointed.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Well worth it,breakfast outstanding front desk clerk very sweet and personable

See above

Staff was cordial and welcoming ,breakfast was good and the only thing that needed improvement was the blankets were ugly and a little scratchy but the sheets were great.

Smelled like someone was smoking pot.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Smelled like someone was smoking pot. Smoke alarm was removed and wired just wired with tape exposed from ceiling. Bathroom lights didn’t work. Extremely ran down.

Not it’s there to like.

Birth tub, very dirty, no light in the lamp on the reading table. The hallway smells. A lot of women half dressed hanging outside very late @ night.

Not it’s there to like.

Terrible
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Everything. Bath tub was disgusting. Stained and dirty. My sheets were thread bare in some areas. The elevator was broken and we were in the 3rd floor. The halls were dark, smelly and hot. There were soiled linens outside another door on our floor. Will never stay there again and makes me a little uneasy booking with another Super 8.

Air comditioner

Bed was comfortable.

Outdated facility. The next morning my husband noticed the smoke detector was pulled out of the ceiling. So glad there was no fire while we were sleeping.

Bed was comfortable.

Move on down the road.

The property was a mess. Smelly, dirty, and lacking maintenance. I would think that meth addicts and prostitutes would not be comfortable here. It has been years since I stayed at any Super 8, and if this is normal for Super 8, I will never stay there again.

Water pressure was decent. Not noisy, it was quite empty.

About the worst I've stayed in Windows leaked so much had some rain coming in.my grandson opened. Wi
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Fridgerator I both rooms didn't work limited bathroom supplies towels were like limited five people two sets of towels for three days no maid service bathroom was dirty no soap shampoo room was plain dirty a

No eggslol breakfast was limited coffee was crappy had to put way much sugar and cream to make it drinkable

Price was ok

Site was not clean inside & out Room had dingy smell carpet was damp Staffer told me she was surprised we had that room due to it had been blocked off due to cracked bath tub...which we found out it did have cracks. Shower was stained. Handicap room had a tub no step in shower.

Price was ok

Would not recommend.

Bathroom not clean. Burned holes in comforter in a non smoking room. Need to be remodeled very dated. I could go on.w

Didn't have to sleep in the car.

We got a discount on our pet deposit.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room itself was clean. It lighting was extremely poor. The window was broken (not the glass) it would not latch. The door at the end of the hall going outside would not latch. The was garbage in bags and cans at that entrance. Directly across from our room #100, there was some type of mechanical room that was dirty and the door was propped open with a fire extinguisher. All of the carpets were filthy, as well as all of the windows at the entrance and lobby. The breakfast area was dimly lit. There was one apple for fruit. We did not initially have a remote control for the TV. The front desk had to find one. She said they always take things from the handicap accessssible room when they need things. These problems ARE NOT housekeeping issues. They are property management issues!

We got a discount on our pet deposit.

Never will I return to that particular hotel. The pictures online are completely inaccurate.

Outside was so dirty walking in. Unclean walking through. Elevator was nasty and creepy. Hallways needed vacuumed. Our room floor was squishy. Sheets had stains on them. Room was way to warm for summer. Atomphere did not meet my expectations. Black ring around tub.

Nothing but the lady at the desk

Thievery

The fact that I paid for the room in cash and they still charged my credit card for the room and I have yet to receive a refund. If this is the way you do business then dont count on me ever step foot in this establishment again.

Good location. Easy Access. Ok breakfast.

not my best stay at all
    • King Room -Smoking

water for my shower was cold.. i disnt realize until the next day that i was charged more than i was suppose to be.. the lady at the front desk didnt even go over the charges with me so i incorrectly assumed all was good.. very unhappy about the higher rate..

front desk was friendly enough.

Ok in a pinch
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The tub was dirty, there was no phone, the tv picture bounced, and Wi-Fi connectivity was poor. The curtains would not close all the way.

The bed was comfortable

Confusing to get there and disappointed once there.

Room was minimal and could have used a scrubbing in bathroom. Out dated furniture, etc. Light bulb out but turned out to be wall outlet. Had to move desk so that it could be used for work. Breakfast had no fresh fruit or low fat/sugar free options.

Staff t check in were very welcoming.

Close to freeway
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything. Dirty rooms, bathroom smelled horrible. Staff was miserable, besides the maids were very nice. Showers had hairs in it. The pictures online are nothing like what they actually look like inside

Close to freeway

Pictures are fake. The rooms are sooooo nasty! Lipstick kiss marks all over curtains, stained sheets

The lady at the front desk. Middle eastern middle age was soooooo rude! As I was checking out even the ups man said "you can at least smile and she said no I'm at work" she's lucky she has a job she should smile there's tons of people that are jobless. Be grateful. Not only was she rude when she spoke to you but she looked at you like she wanted you to F off. Meanest look on her face. The breakfast was a joke. Usually booking has pics and reviews that truly match how the property is and this place had to of used fake pics

Only person nice here was the maids.

We arrived very late.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I had trouble with the TV remote not working. And the curtains would not close all the way.

We arrived very late. I expected people checking out to keep us awake but it was very quiet.

Never again.

Floors and walls very dirty. Mold in the AC unit. Needs major renovation or possibly teardown.

It did seem clean, as far as daily maintenance, but very old and dirty in general.

Never again for a $94 stay

Bedside lamps did not work. Hair from prior guest in the tub and entangled in the bath towels. Lobby was to hot to enjoy breakfast in. Yogurt spilt inside elevator. Pool out of service.

Pet friendly

We were on a budget so the price was right.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The carpet felt kind of oily. The blankets were very thin and pillows were flat. The air felt a little damp or humid. The AC didn't work that great.

We were on a budget so the price was right. The staff was nice.

Nice stay on our way to south Texas
    • King Room -Smoking

Vanity area in bathroom too small for 2 people to put toiletries on. Very old decor and needs to be updated

Nice staff at front desk for both checkin and checkout

Dank and Dreary

We booked the room just a few hours in advance as were delayed on the road and worried about getting a place to stay for the night as rooms on booking.com were going fast. We thought it was a great deal based on previous reviews. When we arrived, we noted the parking lot was cracked and poorly repaired. The exterior looked dirty and rundown. Many of the window units for the A/C looked old and poorly maintained. I asked to see the room in advance and found it dark, dreary, and very dank smelling. The humidity in the room was so high, the walls were sweating and the bed covers felt damp. I knew it would be terrible for my sinus allergies. I declined to stay. The manager charged me 15.00 dollars for a cancellation fee and acted as if he were doing me a favor because he didn't charge for the entire night.

A veteran's parking spot right near the front entrance was a very nice touch. The lobby was very clean. The location is very close to the interstate and there are several nice family style restaurants nearby. The hotel has a small pool that looks like a good way to relax the kids after a long day on the road.

Price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Ok so it is filthy . Shower have black mold carpets are stained. Lobby is unkempt. Pool area looked like a lost and found for an elementary school. I had to move rooms because I was scared to take a shower and got moved into a room with the same black mold. Hallway smelled like marijuana and feces. The breakfast is bread waffles and yogurt and I didn't even eat it because of the overall filth of the hotel. Burn holes in the comforter . Crumbs in my bed when I didn't eat in the bed . Just overall a filthy, unkempt hotel.

Price

Super 8 hits all time low. :(

Everything and I do mean everything was VERY dirty and worn out except the pool.

Swimming pool very nice, staffing very nice. Veteran parking OUTSTANDING!

Good place for shower and rest.

It smelled musky and like Indian food throughout. Not enough hospitality or not welcoming at front desk. We had non-smoking room but the shower curtain had what appeared to be a cigarette burn in it.

They offered a front spot for Veteran parking.

Broken fridge that management knew about and messed up side door card entry
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Our room had a refrigerator that didnt work we didnt realize it until check out..when we told the manager she sad i know it dont work we have to trade it out...also the side doors where broke you didnt even need you key to get in some one had cut the wires i felt very unsafe

They do have a pool....we where un able to use it because the chlorine levels where to low

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Great place to sleep!

The water out of the sink tastes​like swamp water and the mini fridge didn't keep our beverages cold. Other than that there were no complaints.

The bed and pillows were amazing! Very comfortable.

Very nice but check for cum on your covers.
    • King Room -Smoking

We stayed 2 nights here. The second day we were there my boyfriend looked down at the cover and saw dried cum from a guy on the comforter. There was no question on what it was. Since it was really late when he saw it we just threw the comforter on the floor and used the other blankets. This would be the only reason I would pick a different motel next time.

For the price it was a really good room.

Not very clean.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was not clean, especially the bathroom, which also needed repairs. I changed rooms once and would have changed twice and even changed hotels but I was too tired. I did not even shower there.

The wifi.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• King Room -Smoking

The fridge in the room made noise all night paid for my pet which was $15 housekeeping said I would be fined didn't understand because I had already paid for my pet housekeepers r very rude ladies

• Reviewed: 12 January 2019

Everything will

Na

Everything will

• Reviewed: 4 January 2019

Enjoy the stay

Quite clean

• Reviewed: 16 December 2018

Location was good and it was close to restaurant.

The breakfast was not too good

Location was good and it was close to restaurant.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2018

Wouldn't stay again
    • King Room -Smoking

The breakfast was a joke and the covers where hard and scratchy.

The location and staff was about the only great thing about the place.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: 23 November 2018

Bathroom was drity .

• Reviewed: 14 November 2018

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at! I am a Wyndham member and have been for YEARS!

Filthy

Location and the front desk lady

• Reviewed: 13 November 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It's just old. Not enough electrical outlets! That's main complaint.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2018

Clean

Clean

• Reviewed: 31 October 2018

Dirty and bugs

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

Served the purpose

Lamps didn’t work, WiFi sucked, and not as clean as would have liked

Very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 28 October 2018

Its close to IHop
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The toilet had some brown dried on it. I had to clean it.

Its close to IHop

• Reviewed: 27 October 2018

Couldn't wait to get out of there. Very poor for Wyndham property.

Bed was perfect

We like the bed, bad smell!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

excellent

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Staff, location, price, parking,pool
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Windows didn't have a wonderful locking device.

Staff, location, price, parking,pool

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The non weird atmosphere

The cops

The non weird atmosphere

Wouldn't book again

Nasty place.

Price and location.

The place was dark dirty gloomy looking and it had a strange...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place was dark dirty gloomy looking and it had a strange burnt smell in the hallway

Bed bugs
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

All of it Gross and nasty

Had to leave early due to being ate up by bed bugs filthy motel room and I took pictures of this I want a full refund

Staff friendly and helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

First room shower didnt work. moved to new room, clean but definately needed updating.

Staff friendly and helpful.

Friendly staff, breakfast, clean room, handy for one night...

Friendly staff, breakfast, clean room, handy for one night stop passing through the area

The beds were very comfortable n the rooms were set up very...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The beds were very comfortable n the rooms were set up very appropriate

location.

cost..

location.. staff..

Could not sleep due to air quality.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Air conditioner would not keep room cool. Stale smell in room.

Location. Shower hot and full stream

Easy access to I-30
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was dirty. Long black hair on counter. Wouldn't use shower. Badly stained. Looked dirty.

Easy access to I-30

It was very comfortable and quiet.
    • King Room -Smoking

Our remote had no batteries.

It was very comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was awesome.

I will not do it again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Every thing. The hotel is in need of some major repairs.

No a thing

Pleasant Super 8
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Nothing. It was exactly what I was looking for.

Easy access to my destination, clean & quiet

Texarkana Super 8
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was dated in the room.

It was convenient to i-30. Pleasant staff. Didn't have time to eat, but breakfast looked good.

The nighttime staff are incredibly professional and made us...
    • King Suite

N

The nighttime staff are incredibly professional and made us feel like family we will come again

Filthy and smelled

BAD!!

The smell and dirt

It was dirty, the second floor smelled like urine and pot

Water smelt funny.

Water smelt funny.

I got checked in very fast and I was in my room within 5mins.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I got checked in very fast and I was in my room within 5mins. It is an older hotel but very clean!

Super 8 was a good choice for me as i crossed the country
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The front desk staff was very courteous

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Lighting could be way better safty hazard in tub it cracked under my feet while taking shower.

No real breakfast it was a ok experience

It was very quiet and I rested great

It was very quiet and I rested great

It was acceptable for an exhausted driver stay.

Bed was hard and uncomfortable and place needs some repairs and remodel.

Easy access location staff was friendly and helpful.

Very good

Little dusty in bathroom but ok

Bed was comfortable

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!