Reviews of The Hotel at Times Square 3 stars

59 West 46th Street, New York, NY 10036, USA

#300 of 418 hotels in New York

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Excellent location.

Excellent location. Filling breakfast to start the day. I forgot an important item in my room while packing to leave, upon arriving at my layover I called the hotel, they found the item and sent it to my home. I’m super appreciative!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Will stay there again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Only one trash can in the room. Staff did not keep up with the demand for donuts during the complimentary breakfast- ran out of donuts both days we stayed.

Convenient to subway and Times Square. Nice breakfast. Very reactive and courteous staff.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Excellent location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was very small, there was 3 of us in a very cozy room. The only option was 2 double beds, we really would have preferred 1 queen and 1 double but this was not an option anywhere in the area we wanted to stay.

The location was perfect, close to all the entertainment we did.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Did not have eggs, very disappointed that the Bar on Roof...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

no roof top bar and for the price the breakfast should of had a lot more. and the doors should be opened till 11 not 10 for breakfast people do like to sleep in a little bit

Did not have eggs, very disappointed that the Bar on Roof top was not opened this is the whole reason why we stayed there and when I called they did not say it was closed either.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Great choice for NY

Great choice for NY! Centrally located, steps from Times Square but in a quite street, the staff is extremely nice and friendly, big rooms with super comfortable beds, good breakfast. Great value for miney. Highly recommended!!!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

convenient, comfy and reasonably priced.

The air conditioning made a funny noise like a dishwasher going all the time. The toilet backed up first night but they took care of it right away.

Breakfast was boiled eggs, muffins and apples and bananas. Not a large menu but adequate. We had an interior room and it was very quiet. Beds were comfy. Best thing was 2 blocks off Times Square and near a Subway.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Great location, reasonable (for NYC) hotel rates, Nice quiet boutique-like hotel.

No refrigerator in the hotel room. No view from our hotel room. Bathroom door has frosted glass panel in it, so someone using the bathroom at night will shine the bathroom light into the room, possibly waking up light sleepers.

Free breakfast, free USA Today paper, quiet room, good location (only 2 blocks from Rockefeller Center). Only 4 blocks from the TopView Bus Center near Bryant Park where you have to go to get your tour bus tickets. A storage room is available for luggage storage after check out.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Again, the location/price was good, but this is an older, badly in need of renovation, hotel.

The bathroom badly needed updating, the tub had rust stains and you had to pull the drain out to get the water to drain. The lighting was poor and the windows were either glazed over or filthy. A previous guest had left a jacket in the dresser. There was only one elevator for floors 3 to 11, which frequently caused long waits. The outside area of the hotel was not clean and there was a man asleep in a wheelchair near the entrance holding a hospital bag for a couple days.

The location was good. The bedding and towels appeared clean. The price lower than most, so I guess you get what you pay for.

It was fantastic!

Our room didn't have any windows that we could really look out of.

It was close to the other people in our party and we were able to connect with them easily.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

The staff was friendly and location is close to theater district and Times Square.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing special. Gym is 2 treadmills and one elliptical. Older hotel. Ice machine on first floor.

Great location. Clean room. Continental breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Hotel adequate once we were allocated our rooms.
    • Deluxe Non Smoking King room with Microwave and Refrigerator

check in for the two rooms was a disaster, the debit card machine would not accept our debit cards due to the antiquated swipe machine, which caused a great deal of stress rushing round trying to find a means of paying for the rooms. It was Sunday so the UK banks were closed so our Coop Bank cards kept being rejected despite there being more than ample money available. NOT HAPPY this particular hotel needs to update its payment system as we were on the brink of having to sleep on the streets of New York. VERY SCARY TIME

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

The room was small but clean and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was very difficult to communicate with staff, we speak English. There was a person there to sell you attractions but wasn't able to answer other questions regarding directions. I found it very frustrating, not being from the area and no one who worked there knew where anything was or at least couldn't communicate it.

The room was small but clean and comfortable. The breakfast was a continental breakfast. It was 2 blocks from Times Square- very close, within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

COULD HAVE BEEN MORE HELP
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

THE STAFF BEHIND DID NOT WANT TO KNOW AFTER THEY GOT PAID .

WELL I DID GET NO HELP WITH THE STAFF WHEN TRYING TO PHONE HOME I GIVE THE PORTER 10 OUT OF 10 FOR HIS HELP HE IS A STAR THANKS SO MUCH FOR HIS HELP MRS Y KIRK.

Don't book this hotel!
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The breakfast sucked. The staff was barely civil. We almost got charged for a pay per view movie which we never ordered. Check out took 10 times longer than it should have while they sorted that out. They should not call their measly food offerings breakfast. It was really horrible.

Location, location, location. Great restaurants on the same block.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Staff were friendly and helpful.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast - plastic plates and cutlery and very little choice. Breakfast was included (no choice) and really let the hotel down. We only had breakfast on the first day - we went out on the other two days that we stayed, increasing the cost of our holiday.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Old and dated decor, tiny elevator, step outside door of hotel room, dingy lighting and undesirable alley view from window, ridiculous amount of $$ for econolodge level accommodations.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Nice place in a very good location.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Average breakfast. Value for money isn't great. Rooms and facilities could have been more modern.

The room was nice and spacious, bed was comfy. Very socialable lobby. Great, great location.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

My stay was perfect. I wasn’t in need of anything fancy, just clean and well located.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathtub and toilet were the smallest I have ever seen. I am a relatively small person and feared I did not fit the toilet seat. The bathtub was small beyond words. Mattress really needed replacing. Since I was alone I slept in the middle, but it had major slumps or should I say hills and valleys. I reported it when I left. Carpet needed replacing, but there was nothing intrinsically wrong with it.

I cancelled my bookings.com reservation and went with Hotels.com as I would have earned 5 free nights. Hotels.com. failed to tell me they were part of Expedia. So, the Expedia reservation was cancelled in error and I used the booking.com reservation and lost out on my free nights. Too many of the people I spoke with were very, verynice, but hard to understand on the phone so I did not try to fix the error. I just lost out!

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Excellent location, a couple of blocks over from Time...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Excellent location, a couple of blocks over from Time Square. Breakfast was included in the price, nothing fancy but adequate... breakfast room was a very busy place in the mornings.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Great central location and clean too!

NA

The Hotel was centrally located for walking which we did a lot of and when needed, only 4 blocks from the subway. Our room was clean as well as the rest of the hotel. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast - perfect for starting our day full of sightseeing. Even the breakfast room was constantly monitored by the staff making sure food was replenished and the area kept clean. The staff was also friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

I would recommend this hotel for Manhatten.

I would like peanut butter at breakfast.

It was an excellent location for us. We could walk to the theater, tv studios, time square, etc. the room was bigger than I expected. The bed was very comfortable. All prices in manhatten are too expensive but that's the way it is.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I paid a high price on booking and then noticed that rooms were selling for about 50$ less on another site after I had already been charged.

Great location. Amazingly quiet. Bed comfortable and room a nice size with big queen bed. I was concerned after reading some of the reviews but it was lovely. A bit more like a boutique hotel than a big tourist trap.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

I would recommend the hotel, but stay clear of concierge.

Was NOT happy with the concierge. I felt I was overcharged for tickets to a broadway show. I was charged an extra 43.00 dollars per ticket, which I understand there are taxes and delivery fees, but 86.00 dollars per ticket I feel is a bit much and when asked about the charge I was told it was 30.00 per ticket, but did not receive any type of refund. My suggestion to ALL get your tickets online before going if possible and AVOID the concierge, there is a man and woman that worked the concierge's desk.

Staff was helpful and friendly. Check In and Out was easy. The room was always clean when we returned. There was enough room in the closet and the dresser. The breakfast was bagels, toast, ceral, muffins or donuts, fruit, and yogurt. Very close to Times Squares, Radio City Music Hall all within walking distance. Easy to get a cab or uber. I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Great location for sight seeing all areas.
    • Deluxe Non Smoking King room with Microwave and Refrigerator

Great location for sight seeing all areas. Free tea/coffee and ice 24 hrs in reception area. Only down side for me as I have coeliac disease is the limited breakfast. Got bored on day 2 of boiled eggs, yoghurt and fruit. Husband was very happy with his as full range available. Best time to arrive for breakfast is before 7:30am as it does get very busy. Would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Location made our trip to NT
    • Deluxe Non Smoking King room with Microwave and Refrigerator

Coul have had more variety in breakfast food. It took till the third day to get a waffle(they were always out). Could have used some trays down there to carry food back to our room as it was too crowded to sit and eat.

Location was great, near everything. Desk help was appreciated. Clean, comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

I liked the location but was not happy at all with the room.
    • Deluxe Non Smoking King room with Microwave and Refrigerator

Our hotel room was very humid and had an odor. Also, did not like the fact that there was very little security and the front door to the hotel was never locked. Also, the front desk staff was not very attentive or friendly.

The location was perfect to get where we wanted to go. The breakfast was fine and an easy way to start the day.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

If you need two rooms, which we really do, this was a great deal in a great location.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The counter space in the bathroom could have been a little better, but we managed. There were no grab bars at all to help you in and out of the bathtub, which is very dangerous, especially for senior citizens, which we are. The breakfast was a little disappointing (no eggs except hard-boiled, no meat).

The beds were comfortable, and we loved the two-room suite. There was a good upholstered chair in each room, plus a desk with a chair in one room, and a real closet in one room. The drapes were very good at completely darkening the room, which is important to us. There was a good TV in each room. The rooms weren't large, but they were adequate and have been nicely decorated for the most part. The lighting was good, too. Twice we had small maintenance issues (one was a clogged toilet), and the maintenance staff showed up immediately both times. Attractive lobby, and the staff was very helpful with the computers, which I had trouble with.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Decent due to the location, but will most likely stay somewhere else next time.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everyday both our room card keys were de-activated which was a hassle to have to go to the front desk. Our room was in front of the elevator. Customer service at the front desk could have been better. The food was not that great.

The location was close to Times Square and the subway

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Short stay in New York
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not very clean, bad odor, on top of that you can not open the window. Breakfast is very poor.

- Staff is great! Very helpful, friendly and considerate! 10/10. - Location is perfect. - Bathroom was clean.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Nice location, an unpleasant breakfast and one uncomfortable night in a smokers room
    • Queen Room - Smoking

It is incredible that there on a non-smoking hotel is rooms where it is allowed to smoke. Unfortunately with got our first nights in such a room. The air in the room was so bad that it was extremely uncomfortable as a non-smoker to be in the room. If you opened the window to the very very small back-alli the smell from the back alli was equally as bad. It was a relieve and pleasant to get out of the hotel in the city to get "fresh air". The last two days however we got another and a much better room. It was only because we insisted on getting another room that we got it. But unfortunately there wasn't any free non-smoker rooms available the first day. The morning meal restaurant was very crowded and the employee hadn't the time and space to clean so it seems kind of dirty and the employee to the amount of people wasn't enough to get a pleasant experience. We thought that the breakfast food was like Crocodile Dundee described it "...Well you can live on it, but it tastes like shit". So far it was the worst breakfast we have had on an American hotel.

A very central position close to times square The piccolo was very nice and helpful

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

It was a great option for our first stay in New York.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Few protein options at breakfast.

Kind, helpful, accommodating staff. Very clean. Room was not large but had two beds. Close proximity to many areas of interest. Having WiFi was great. We appreciated having breakfast included. Elevators were efficient, quick and always working.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

worth a skip!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

1)The Elevators! We were put on the top (14th) Floor which was serviced by only 1 elevator. It was nightmare to get to our room most days. And, the service personnel also used this elevator which further made it simply unbearable as only possibly 2 people could fit if the laundry cart was in. The fastest time we ever got the elevator was when we were leaving...at 4.30 am! 2) The front desk personnel simply were unfriendly and lacked any interest whatsoever. Didn't expect much else after these 2 issues!

The Location

The housekeepers were very courteous and helpful.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The two bedroom unit was not laid out for convenience. The room was stuffy and the curtains opened to walls.

The housekeepers were very courteous and helpful.

Late check-out? Wake up early to ask !
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Staff talking loudly 9am Ask for late check-out after 8am STUPID Said hot breakfast No coffee unit, they brought it TV not programmed Sink no water pressure USB port broken? No, not plugged in TV control BELOW bed height

Good coffee @ Continental breakfast Comfy bed

Good Location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Small room. Uncomfortable bed had a dip in the center of the bed. Carpet is old which caused a slight odor in the room. Should cost less but because of the location, it isn’t.

Location. Close to Times Square.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Fantastic location, clean and great value for money

Not applicable

Fantastic location and so central to Times Square, 5th Avenue and Central Park. Subway just around the corner. Will definitely book this hotel again when I’m back in New York

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Basic, clean and comfortable
    • Deluxe Non Smoking King room with Microwave and Refrigerator

Hotel is a little dated, and my room was ratber dull, but this is not a complaint.

Very good location, delightful Patricia, the cleaning lady. Basic breakfast, but adequate.

Great location stay!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was a little muggy/damp in the room. AC got really cold, but always cycled off and on, so it evened out. Carpet probably needs replacing in room.

Breakfast, bed, linens, elevator, location and concierge.

Very nice, comfortable Hotel near Times Sq. & Subway
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Friendly front desk staff, breakfast staff kept everything stocked and clean. Housekeeping staff were friendly and very professional and kept the room nice. I would highly recommend this hotel for its location, pricing and friendly staff.

New York First Timer

Outdated hotel, small rooms, smelled. I asked to be moved to a room in better condition. I was moved to a larger handicap room.

The proximity to times square, fifth Avenue and grand central station.

Nice location for the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I think that the breakfast isn't really a breakfast, I understand the "economic - value" of this offer, but at least have a little bit of variety, nos just 3 types of bread and butter on a self-serving plasctic container.

The location is great, I mean, really really great, and the beds are also great, I could rest really well.

A Less Than Expected Pleasant Time

There was a repetitive tapping noise coming from behind the bathroom wall. The shower water never got hot and stayed mildly warm after about ten minutes the water got cold. I was not happy and reported both to the staff. They sent a maintenance person to "test" the water temperature and proclaimed that the "warm" water was that way throughout the hotel and could never get hot. What a disappointment !!

The breakfast was decent enough!

This hotel is ok but no more
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was there but the overall impression was dingy. Possibly brighter light bulbs would have helped! Hotel needs some tlc - or lower prices. Reception staff could have been friendlier (or friendly at all)

Location was very good. Beds were pretty good. Everything was “ok” but no better.

The bed was really comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

I did not like the continental breakfast. The bagel tasted stale and there could have been a better selection of food.

The bed was really comfortable. The soap and shampoo dispensers were a nice touch.

Good Price, Best night sleep.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Couldn't really fault the place, had everything you should need whilst in New York, a place to get your head down comfortable and a place to wash.

Beds super comfy, free hot drinks through out your stay, free cereal/waffles/yoghurts for breakfast. Able to store bags for the remainder of your check out day whilst you wait for your flight which is a huge bonus.

Fair.
    • Deluxe Non Smoking King room with Microwave and Refrigerator

My sleep was disrupted each night by workmen jackhammering outside my window. I talked to the desk clerk about it and he could care less about my uncomfort!

Great location, we had a two bedroom suite which was nice.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Property and rooms could use an update to make it a little nicer. Bathroom was very small.

Great location, we had a two bedroom suite which was nice. Breakfast was good and plenty.

Staff was friendly, beds sleep well, and location was...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Carpet is extremely old, had no warning about the step up into the bathroom could have broke my toe, and there are no snacks or vending machines.

Staff was friendly, beds sleep well, and location was perfect. Do love the vintage look of the hotel..

Centrally located

No bar to relax in the evenings. Basic breakfast with disposable cutlery and plates, bowls and cups. RIP OFF concierge desk - 3 tickets for Phantom of the opera at $149 each, face value $99 each!!! Airport transfer $60 for 3 of us - taxi was $65 on arrival and took 40 minutes - transfer took 2 hrs 15 minutes, as a couple who got on 40 minutes after us were going to LaGuardia and they got dropped first!!!

Centrally located

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Never Again!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Telling you the truth, it was a nightmare. This was the worst stay of my life. I wondered how Booking could offer a service like this and if there is a way to get a refunded. The booking should be ashamed to propose this hotel. On the first day, during check-in, the elevator was off. Ok I took my room on the 4th floor and luckily I was helped by the waiter. On the day of the check in I took a shower and the water was slightly brown ... On the second day I could not take a shower in the morning because the water service had been turned off. Ok, I left the room and I was out all day. I come back and I had another surprice: the shower and toilet water (that came out) was completely brown ... it was horrible to see !!!!!! See the picture! (I have the video as well) The staff was not useful and friendly at all. I would suggest to attend a communications trainings. They never apologized! They said, "we are full and we have no room available ...". They were disgusting. The next day I checked as soon as possible to leave the hotel. I do not know why Booking has this Hotel offer! I will use another provider.

Location only

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

great location.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking was acomplete ripoff. They would not honor special rate whatsoever because I overstayed the 24 hour time period by 9 minuets!

great location. fast elevator and clean rooms

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Excellent location comfortable hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Expensive to book trips there!

Excellent location in Times Square. Rooms were good really comfy mattress! Breakfast good also cereals bread bageals yogurt eggs tea coffee. Don't book trips with hotel as they charge a lot extra!

The stay was good, in a great location.

The small bathroom.

The room we had , with a king bed and confortable ,the bathroom was very small , but clean ,the room had phone chargers in three spot In the room that I liked,but no view to anything except roof tops

Hotel staff was great, continental breakfast served it's purpose, clean and great location!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very very small with a Queen Size Bed. Not much room to move around, We don't spend allot of time in our room, it was okay for us, however worth mentioning for someone who likes to spend time in their room.

Location was excellent for restaurants and theaters. A couple block walk to the center of Time Square. Our room was very clean.

The carpet was dirty and the concier was rude and and other than that it was an OK place.

I had to get my own transportation as the concier will you rude and not helpful at all. Both he and she were not plesent to deal with.

The coffee all day. The computer in the lobby the kids loved it. The lovely ladies behind the front desk. They were helpful.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Room was clean and well kept.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not much variety for the included breakfast. Mainly was just bagels, toast and cereals.

Room was clean and well kept. Parking garage was across the street and came with a discount for staying at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Breakfast and location.
    • Deluxe Non Smoking King room with Microwave and Refrigerator

Room wasn't ready on time. I had to wait a while. There was chaos at the check in counter. No view at all from the room ... looked at concrete. Also no sunlight in the room. No assistance by the hotel with taxi service.

Breakfast and location. Room was comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

No toilets, no shower
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a water main leak the day we stayed. We couldnt flush our toilets, use the sink or take showers the whole 2 days we were there. Anyone that's walked around NYC in August heat knows how valuable a shower is. I know the water main break was not the hotel's fault. But the way the staff handled the issue was unacceptable. I didn't expect a free stay but at least a discount would have been nice considering we paid about $200 a night for a bed. No toilet, no shower. Terrible customer service. I emailed the hotel management afterwards and never even got a response.

The location was good. I was hoping this would be our go-to hotel for our annual NYC trip.

Terouble. Don't come again and don't recomend.

The elevator didn't work , there were no hot water to take shower , then there were no cold water so couldn't flush the toilet ( every 2 hours something else broke on the hotel ). The entire hotel is falling a part and the manager doesn't give a dam ( went home for weekend ). The reception werent helpfull and didnt try to help. The entire area of the hotel is under construction.

We got the room before time. Good location.

Does the job!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Issues with water beyond the hotel’s control, inconvenient but the hotel tried their best & were accommodating.

Clean & tidy, good communication, good location!

great value for the location
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Air quality was poor, and though it's a "Non-Smoking" hotel, there seemed to have been a smoker in my room, even after the nice maintenance guy replaced a filter in the AC unit.

Perfect Location, Great Value, Parking across the street
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The size of the breakfast area was limited but we waited and finally got a table.

The staff, the great beds, and the location off Times Square was perfect! We drove and the SP parking across the street was so convenient. The hotel even gave a discount card for parking!

The location, room wasn't as small for the size of most...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The elevator was out of service, had to go up and down stairs with luggage. Also strong smell of cigarette smoke remained in the room.

The location, room wasn't as small for the size of most rooms in the city

Excellent staff, very helpful staff. Rooms a little small but beds very comfortable

Rooms a little small

Excellent location, extremely helpful staff. Beds very comfortable. We were taking a trip out of the city and staff couldn't have been more helpful with directions etc

We had a great time in NYC.

The location was perfect. The room was comfortable and the staff were friendly. The hotel has a unique charm with the open stairwells and character of the lobby. We were close to all the action. Unloading the car and parking was a breeze and the hotel gave us a coupon for a discounted parking rate. We really appreciated the savings. Everything we needed was within walking distance. We really had a wonderful time.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

SMALL room, gym facility .. nothing in it. Continental breakfast... it was like a cattle round up! Sooo many ppl and not much left at 7:00am! Just generally too small.. elevator was a pain

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

This is an easy place to stay in Midtown.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was so close to Broadway and the subway plus other forms of transport, one could easily get to romantic events, dinners, and venues. The staff was accommodating and friendly. I've stayed there before and will be back.

Location was great .
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My room was by the stairs and elevator so I can hear people all night coming and going

Location was great . Bed was comfortable . Shower was nice .Overall great place to stay

Hotel was very nice.

Hotel was very nice. Location was great close to Times Square. Staff very friendly. Room very nice and quiet. Comfortable beds. Breakfast was very good.

Clean comfy tidy and pleasent

Na

Have stayed here before staff were as pleasant this time as they were the last time. Hotel is in a great location close to Times Square. Clean and tidy getting a little dated but for the price you pay not going to complain. Breakfast is adequate and sets you up for the morning. Staff are helpful a room is always clean, beds really comfy and bathroom stock well.

Meh if you have to
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very small room closet like. I had a full size bed closet and bathroom almost same size. Musty moldy smell, window ac didn't cool beyond 78 which was so so. Carpet stained. Bed was ultra soft which is not good for back issues. Must take stopper completely out of bathtub or it doesn't drain though it looks like its open its clogged except for hole stopper is in. I did feel safe but not at all what pictures show.

Location close enough to theaters and also shopping where you could walk

Hotel is very good, NYC is amazing. I would definitely return to this hotel.
    • Deluxe Non Smoking King room with Microwave and Refrigerator

The window was either quite dirty or had anti glare film which meant it was a very grey outlook but the view wasn’t good either.

Location is amazing, no more uthan a 10-15 minute walk from Central Park in 1 direction and Macy’s in the opposite direction, with almost everything else even closer. Bed is very comfortable, air con is very good. Sad that you can’t open the window at all. Only let down was the view from the window which was quite disappointing.

The room was nice and bed was comfortabke.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was unimpressive. I also like a mimi fridge in my room so i can have a few grocery items available.

The room was nice and bed was comfortabke. The bellman was terrific!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Good location, overpriced for the facilities

The staff were very unprofessional, when we arrived they spent 10 minutes arguing amongst themselves about shift rosters instead of serving us. The breakfast was atrocious with very little variety and awful quality.

3.0
    Poor and univiting.
    • Deluxe Non Smoking King room with Microwave and Refrigerator

The staff are not welcoming especially the receptionists. Rooms smells of damp. Scalfolding everywhere. No good view. No roof view available as stated on the website, so that was misslesding. They said breakfast included whereas it was just toast, muffins apples and baggles everyday. So if you don't eat those things then you go without. Bathroom damp and we had to use hand to mop up water from the window seal everyday as you shower. If you as me i tjink it is a dump. Old deco as well. Other hotel around the neighbourhood is much better and value for money. I will never use this hotel again. Everything about it is misleading

Neighbourhood was good. Close to Time Sqare