Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Ukiah 3 stars

693 South Orchard Avenue, Ukiah, CA 95482, USA

#6 of 12 hotels in Ukiah

The staff was very unhelpful and lied to me about a manager not being on duty when he was. The parking lot was full of trash and the room was dirty with hair all over the bathroom, tweakers were roaming the parking lot all night and people were sleeping in cars, overall not a pleasant place to stay with my 3 and 6 year old girls!

Great customer service went above and beyond to get myself and fur baby a room after fact I denied pets great service and love fact its family owned excellent service I will not stay anywhere else when I visit... thank you to the lady that assisted in checking me in made feel that my concerns about getting pet friendly rm was a priorty after fact that i failed to mention when i booked online if this message can be relayed to her she deserves acknlowedgement.

• King Room - Smoking

at 8:00 am the coffee was out, waffle mix out, poor conditions of food that was left. My daughter and I had to leave and eat at McDonald's.

The room size was good.

• King Room - Smoking

We reserved a king smoking room and the owner gave some lame excuse and all they had was a queen on the second floor with very steep stairs. We are senior citizens.

Front desk clerk very unfriendly, they held an extra $150 on my debit card which I'm still waiting to get back. Requested a non smoking room but room stunk of stale cigarettes, sofa was dirty and the bed was so unsupportive you sink in and cannot move. I would not recommend this property.

Our room was very clean and very comfortable! The staff was great and we would stay again. We were in town for a funeral and our son and his family also stayed 2 doors down which was very convenient and nice for us! Thank you

The staff were rude and disrespectful! The room was disgusting and smelled of wet dog my entire stay and their house keeping didn't clean. Y room until the day I checked out

My kids enjoyed the pool

Stomping of people upstairs until after midnight. But that wasn't the fault of the management.

Spacious. Excellent decor. Immaculately clean. Good AC on an extremely hot day was VERY welcome!

I requested a downstairs room because we are 65 and 77 and had a lot of luggage. But one was not available and we had to carry everything upstairs. Other than that, this was a very nice place that had been very nicely upgraded.

Room was very spacious. Bed was super comfortable. Nice pool. I loved the fact that it was so energy efficient.

The towels were not very clean. The chair in the room was dirty. The door was wide open when we arrived and flys were everywhere. We had to wipe down everything. Poor first impression, my daughter didn't want to stay, but we had to and I told her it wasn't that bad. After we cleaned it. The bed was very comfortable.

The lawn right outside room was very nice, the pool was nice too. Pretty fence. Pretty pictures in the room. Quiet during the night was a huge plus.

Parking spaces were tight. Outside of hotel looked a bit run down.

THe hotel was clean, and very nice inside. Outside was a little droopy with the restaurant that was abandoned in the parking lot, but the inside rooms were well decorated. Beds were comfy and AC worked well. Breakfast was good, but not much choice for special diets (i am diabetic).

Clean, 4 pillows to each bed, they had a Krueger coffee machine, nice flat screen, refrigerator and microwave in room, outlets for charging phones , adequate towels for the three of us and I didn't have to request more

• Superior Queen Room with Three Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

When I checked in and said that I would be staying with 4 people (2 of them children) in a room with 3 queen beds (the information that I had given Booking), I was told that I would be charged more because she did not have that information. I was past the point that I could cancel my reservation and felt like I did not have an option after a long day of driving. The cost was already high for staying in a motel where we were just stopping over and she insisted that I needed to pay an additional $40.

The room was beautiful. The kids had fun playing in the pool. Three queen beds in a room was great.

We had a room with ONE king size bed. WHY is there a toilet that is barely 12" tall in a room like that? We're over 60 years old and it was a struggle to get off the toilet..

Trash can on the stairwell was full and not emptied while we were there and it smelled bad when you walked past it.

Room was very nice and clean, beds were comfortable, my daughter enjoyed the pool, staff was courteous and efficient, breakfast included.

Only two sets of towels in the room. There should be at most four sets of towels.

Breakfast menu. Ease of checking in and out. I liked that you inter the room from the outside. The staff was friend and very courteous.

The sink broke and the shower was no good and the towels were stained

The air conditioner worked very well and the Tv was nice and the fridge was just right

Dirty and old looking. Stinky like cigarettes.

We walked into our room which was non smoking but it stunk so bad like cigarettes. Not the cleanest either.

The exterior looks tired and the breakfast was lacking.

The interior of the rooms were recently renovated and updated with laminate flooring, new beds, and aesthetic upgrades.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Conveniently located for the highway (just off the exit). I had a well proportioned room with a firmish bed, a comfortable sofa and work area. The microwave, fridge, TV and Wi-Fi all worked well. The location is convenient rather than scenic but I found it was quiet during my one night stay and the breakfast (good selection of hot and cold items) was excellent. I'm a frequent traveller to the US but have never used the Super 8 chain before. I would certainly stay in this motel again!

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Breakfast was good: nice to have hard boiled egg and sausage and not just cereal and danish, however the milk went sour because it wasn't kept cold.

Staff was nice and very friendly, room was quite nice and comfortable plus very clean! I would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

The restaurant in front of super 8 was close after I thought it was open for business that night i arrived at super 8

It was the same as the picture on line an view was very beautiful an very easy to get to from the freeway an around food places.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

The charges for pets were too much, especially for a small cockapoo. And the breakfast room was to small, and the lady that was working in there was very rude we did not feel comfortable like other places we had stay at. very disappointing we feel like we were over charge, the room, the breakfast, pet friendly charges were way to much 25.00 a pet including a 50.00 deposit on top of that

The location was the only thing we like

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Where to begin. It had a feeling of being unsafe with suspicious activity in the parking lot at night. The living room chairs were stained. The bathtub faucet was sticking out of the wall, there was filth(?) on the bathroom wall, and the shower head was yucky. We did not take showers that night.

Dog walking area close to room. The room had a microwave and refrigerator.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Cigarette butts on staircase and walkway, a few pieces of litter. 2 or 3 attempts to unlock door before able to gain access. Very dim lights, which I am sure is to save on electricity but it can be difficult to read with dim light.

Convenient freeway access, room was spacious and clean.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Breakfast was frozen omelets / sausages / biscuits; the waffle iron was fun but the waffles came out undercooked.

Comfortable beds, large well-equipped room, great water pressure in the shower. Perfect for a night's stay.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds -Disability Access - Non-Smoking

could use a little more space for the breakfast!

Clean comfortable and the continental breakfast was not your typical rolls and juice but had eggs and Waffles. yum

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

No hot water available for shower after 0830/Kleenex not restocked/breakfast bar not restocked/Nonsmoking room smelled of smoke the first night due to the maids smoking near the open door

Comfortable bed and clean room with working microwave and refrigerator

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The room we had for 4 adults and luggage was a bit on the small side but not a huge problem. The extraction fan in the bathroom could be more effective. I could only rate the coffee about 2 out of 10. Otherwise it was all AOK.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

We ate at the cafe next door and were not impressed by the service or value for money.

Very clean, spacious nicely furnished room with everything needed Lots of pillows Eco friendly Small but welcome swimming pool and spa Good breakfast served in lobby with hot food Plenty of parking Short drive to centre of town. Easily accessed from freeway

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Superior Queen Room with Three Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Spent about 40min on the phone while traveling to this hotel. I called to confirm our reservation and the staff seemed confused telling me I had two reservations. According to booking.Com I had One, I only needed One. I spent several minutes on hold with booking.com, they said the talked to the hotel and it was fixed. I called the hotel back and was hung up on. I called back again and asked for the manager named Rakkesh. He told me nothing was fixed and I was told I would be charged for two rooms. I said I would not. They told me my husband was booked in his own room, lol. My husband has had no contact with booking, or the hotel and had not authorized anything. I called booking.com again. Got a guy named Kohki and he was very nice, put me on hold for 20 min and then told me if the hotel tried to dbl charge me, they would cover the un needed room. We arrived an hour later and Rakkesh was friendly and said that Wyndham was at fault. He complained about people using booking or hotels.com and said these mistakes don't happen if we would just call the hotel direct. I read through other reviews and this seems to be where this hotel has had issues in the past. Since I altered my info on booking.com and added my husband's name to my reservation as a contact person, this info went through Wyndham and then to Ukiah Super 8, by the time it got there, it had added my hubby as another reservation, 3 queen beds just for him. The room was nice, beds were comfy. Rakkesh was fine after figuring out the issue. I wonder if this issue which seems to come up often at this hotel might be explored by Wyndham as a way for this Super 8 to get our money and reimbursed by the mother company Wyndham for the 'mistake'. Just seems odd that each time someone has used hotel or booking.com, there are issues per the other reviews we've seen and it is not on those companies side

Clean, nice saline pool, comfy beds and pillows. Nice large beds.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

The continental breakfast area was too narrow for more than a couple of people to access at a time.

Surprisingly quiet for a motel. The front desk staff were very courteous and helpful. This is a reasonably priced motel compared to others in the surrounding area. The outdoor pool (quite warm) was an added bonus. Close to good restaurants.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds -Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I had booked a room with 2 queen beds. When I arrived I was told I had booked a room with 1 king bed. I showed the night clerk my reservation. He said that Booking.com had made a mistake. After arguing with him, he admitted that the motel had made the mistake and even had booked my room under another person's last name. Additionally, the room was rather worn looking and had not been cleaned very well. The single king bed was not very firm either. My wife chose to sleep on the couch. We won't stay here again.

After the night clerk admitted that the motel had made a booking mistake, he gave me a discount on the price for the single king bed room.

• Superior Queen Room with Three Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom door didn’t really close properly.

Option for 3 queens was awesome.

Late night check in, nosiy neighbors. Some trucks and construction starting early making noise.

The rooms have been recently remodeled with hard wood floors. Very nice!

Hardwood floors

Bathtubs are the best

The manager and staff are amazing!

Nothing— it was perfect

Staff friendly, made you feel welcomed. Very happy with the room. Very clean, comfortable. Handicap room was perfect.

The room was very clean and updated. Even a Kerrigan coffee machine.

Fresh coffee

Clean rooms, nice staff, plenty of parking, location felt safe.

Friendly staff & cozy rooms.

Dirty. Booked king, got 2 double. Torn curtains. No hot water.

The bed was ok.

Food

That they finally turned on the hot tub after complaining

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The beds were hard and sqeeky.

It was close to where I was at the time.

Short people only! Hit my head in the stairwell. Could have ruined my vacation!

great room size, really comfy bed and very close to downtown and right off the freeway exit...no freeway noise of anything though. really great.

Bathroom not clean enough.

The price was good. The breakfast was ok to.

Beds are great

the front desk was rude. there was lots of traffic for a one way in and out hotel

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The stairs were a little narrow.

It was very clean and well maintained. The pool and jacuzzi were also great

Very courteous, very professional, gave me my deposit back right away didn't go check the room first

Spacious Room, big Bed and TV.

Bathrooms were a bit older but not a problem for us.

Good breakfast spread. Comfortable beds and decent space.

Attractive, clean, quiet, spacious King room. Great tv options plus Serius radio. Excellent bed. Excellent in-room coffee.

Breakfast bar was super gross.

It was clean and everything worked well. The pool area was good. Kids had lots of fun in the pool.

• Superior Queen Room with Three Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

air conditioning kept shutting off all night, scratchy sheets

clean, moderns, nice heated pool

• Superior Queen Room with Three Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Once we saw the location we wanted to cancel but refused.

Nothing staff was aweful. Very unprofessional.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The hotel manager was very friendly, flexible and accommodating to our family of 5.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds -Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Too much $, small room for being handicapped, door had quite a gap

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

No restaurant

The staff was fantastic hot tub perfect and the bed comfortable.

• King Room - Smoking

It was a nonsmoking room that smelled like some. Pillows and bedding. Uck.

Convienve and nice caring staff

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

still had smell of lingering cigarette smoke even though we were in a non-smoking room

good location

Exceptionally good continental breakfast with hard boiled eggs and sausages. Large rooms. Eco friendly with two electric car chargers.

• King Room - Smoking

Front desk person was not very nice front door lock was broken the bathroom mirror looked like it had not been clean for sometime

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

The room was clean and well appointed - the bed was comfortable, and loved the mini fridge in the room. Everything was great! Very high quality

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Management was welcoming, cheerful, attentive to requests.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Great value, amazing staff. Warm welcome from the front desk....

That the staff was not nice when i arrived and made me wait over an hour for a room

Was close to rhe freeway

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Front desk attitude is not well. The refrigerator is not cool.

Free wifi is good.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

plumbing and heating were loud in walls no breakfast

beds were comfortable rooms were nice

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Noisy neighbors

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Our first stay in a Super 8 and I was pleasantly surprised. Clean, comfortable and good value of money.

Browse Super 8 by Wyndham Ukiah traveller photo gallery