Reviews of The Surrey 5 stars

20 East 76th Street, Upper East Side, New York, NY 10021, USA

#77 of 415 hotels in New York

Would definitely come again.
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

Some of the staff members need to be re-educated about 5 star service and behaviour... Price of 2 cappuccinos for room service including service and tip was $48 - ridiculous...

Great location, nice, clean and modern.

The staffs were friendly.

There will be trash outside the hotel by the evening and it would smell.

The staffs were friendly. Clean room. The amenities were something nice to take home with by [diptyque] The shower were strong.

When I read the reviews before arrival I was worried because...
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

The standard WiFi was really slow for a 5 star facility.

When I read the reviews before arrival I was worried because many reviews seemed to indicate that the staff were unfriendly. I am happy to say that we did not find this at all. We found everyone so helpful and happy! Thank you

A very comfortable hotel in a great position.
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

On arrival, the gentleman on Reception seemed somewhat distracted/disengaged.

A comfortable, spacious & well-maintained room. Extremely well positioned for several first rate museums - e.g. the Met - & Central Park.

Don’t think we will go back. No internet or 4G service for three days was bad—
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

No internet the whole three days we were there; no robes or washcloths, we were awakened every morning at 4 am by garbage trucks; Conseirge was never around.

HVAC good, location great, Cafe Boulud is amazing . The staff on the door and bellman are the best around.

An exceptional hotel in every way.
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

We were happy with everything!

The staff were fantastic. They were completely attentive and helpful without overdoing it. The feeling of hospitality there seemed genuine. We were given a complimentary upgrade which allowed us to check into our room in the morning, when we arrived after an early flight. This was done in response to something I wrote replying to their welcoming email to me sent the day before we arrived. I was very impressed that they read my request and quietly acted on it. The hotel itself is lovely and the location is perfect for seeing the museums, the main purpose of our visit this time. It’s a lot quieter here than the midtown areas where we usually stay! Our room was large and very well appointed and the bed was super comfortable. We had dinner and breakfast at the Café Boulud where the food is exceptional. This is a great hotel.

Way overpriced, if it ever was glorious, it was certainly in the past
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

Noisy, noisy, noisy. So-called "quiet" room was still way too noisy, with sounds of garbage trucks and taxis honking disturbing your sleep all through the night. Since the original windows have all been sealed shut, adding another layer of soundproof glass on the inside and/or outside of the existing windows would have greatly reduced the problem. Housekeeping for room requests is severely understaffed. 45 minutes to respond to simple requests. There were half a dozen small defects in the room upon checkin: Alarm clock didn't work (batteries dead). Sink clogged, broken pedestal lamp practically falling off its support (nothing done about this even after I reported it), one of the lamps had no switch and needed to be plugged in and unplugged to turn on and off, the pocket door to the bathroom had no stop and would go all the way into the pocket and was practically impossible to get back out without tools (also reported on the first day and also ignored, with nothing done to correct it during my stay). When one of our room's breakfast-included rate was incorrectly programmed for one breakfast instead of two breakfasts (there were 2 people in the room and the 1-person and 2-person price was the same), staff was unnecessarily hostile ("show me where it says so in your reservation confirmation") and that for a $60 difference on a $7000 hotel bill! Completely missed the concept of true service orientation that they allegedly offer. Even by New York standards, this is a $300/night hotel at best, not a $800/night hotel, "Relais & Chateaux" branding notwithstanding. They have and sell pretensions, which I guess works in New York City, but fall short on the execution.

Noisy and overpriced
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

The number one problem with this hotel is that it is noisy. They accommodated my request for a so-called "quiet" room, which was still way too noisy, with sounds of garbage trucks and taxis honking disturbing your sleep all through the night on the 8th floor. Other rooms are presumably worse. Since the original windows have all been sealed shut, adding another layer of soundproof glass on the inside and/or outside of the existing windows would greatly reduce the problem. They badly need to do so, after hiring a sound-proofing consultant (I'd estimate a need for a 20-30 dB minimum reduction). Housekeeping for room requests is severely understaffed. Whether it's early afternoon with presumably few guests in the room, or in the evening when they should be equipped to handle requests like these, a simple request (e.g., glasses in the room) takes 45 minutes. There were half a dozen small defects in the room upon checkin (would be fine for a 2- or 3-star hotel but at $800/night one has higher expectations): Alarm clock didn't work (batteries dead). Sink clogged (cleaning staff should surely have noticed upon cleaning the room), broken pedestal lamp practically falling off its support (nothing done about this even after I reported it), one of the lamps had no switch and needed to be plugged in and unplugged to turn on and off, the pocket door to the bathroom had no stop and would go all the way into the pocket and was practically impossible to get back out without tools (this was also reported on the first day and also ignored, with nothing done to correct it during my stay--all it would have required is to have a simple L-shaped door stop screwed into the door). The staff was certainly courteous, remembering your name when you passed by the reception and so on.

Lovely hotel great location excellent staff just disappointing me u for a vegetarian /vegan
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

No vegan options and limited vegetarian options in the restaurant and/or room service. Everyone now shouldn’t offer a veggie burger or some hummus or chips and guacamole or salsa. They had zero

Great location; comfortable hotel.
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

Friends, staying in the same hotel, experienced a poor level of customer-service.

Proximity to Central Park, hotel size and decor, comfortable corner room with windows which opened, staff attentiveness. And yes, the croissants were extra flakey.

The perfect bolt hole for a stay in the city
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

We've stayed in the Surrey before and keep coming back simply because the staff are super friendly, great with the kids and it's in the perfect location - also the rooftop bar has one of my favourite views of the NYC skyline.

The bell hops are consistently friendly, helpful and...
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

Front desk was just ok, really didn't go out of their way to make us feel welcome or help out when we had questions. They have a beautiful rooftop deck/bar and it was closed at 9:30 on a Saturday night??? This is New York...

The bell hops are consistently friendly, helpful and efficient. Really good guys.

Mixed
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

Outside noise dreadful. VERY unnecessary surcharges . Particularly room service charges were disgraceful

Bed very comfy . Cool vibe . Helpful and friendly staff (particularly Jorge )

Lovely hotel. Bad management. Unhelpful reception staff
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

Reception staff and management were very unhelpful. On arrival an extra 200 dollars per night per room is charged to the credit card put against the room in case you spend in the hotel.. this is only refunded a few days after departure

Brilliant , This is New York at its finest !
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

Not that they could do anything about it but the view is limited . That is do not except great views uless you stay on the 9th -11th floor corner units that catch a bit of Central Park. A breakfast option in house would have been appreciated

This is quintesential New York Upper East Side living. Located in the Museum Mile this is perfect for those that want the romantic and slower part of the Island, great restaurants and a short walk to Museums close by.

5 star botique hotel. Great experience.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

If you want to stay in Upper East Side, this hotel was great. Location is wonderful, staff was super friendly, the room size was decent (by NYC standards). Room was immaculate, too. I'd stay here again, no questions asked.

Great hotel, close to central park.
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

Wines selection in the restaurant is good but too expesive. The roof top terras is very nice but if the wind comes from the west you will sit in the smoke of the restaurant.

Nice rooms, efficient and nice staff, good location, after 25 years this was my first 100% satisfied NYC Hotel. Will be back.

Totally first classy at the Surrey
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

I can think of nothing that was the least problematic.

Wonderful experience. Bed a marvel. Wish I could have stayed longer. Fantastic neighbourhood. Convenient to the best in the city. Nice breakfast selection with first rate coffee (often mediocre at hotels). Bathroom goodies also first class.

Great location would stay here again
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

Public bathroom on lobby level was really dirty. (Must have been a one off situation given the rest of the hotel). And $50 for eggs and bacon room service made me realize I was in NY.

Truly 5 star experience. We had deluxe king room was huge by NY standards. Usually stay in the east village very different vibe here. Rooftop bar was beautiful. Staff was very attentive. The location was great. Only 20 min to airport the best part of Central Park a two min walk. Shower was excellent too.

Dreadful. Avoid.
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

We were so thoroughly disappointed with our stay this weekend. It was my wife’s 30th birthday. A very special day in her life. As a special gift, my mother had booked for us to stay at your hotel and had organized with the concierge to have a surprise in her room upon arrival. You can imagine my disappointment when I opened the door and said “surprise!” to find the concierge had not organised the surprise at all. I had called ahead to advise that we would be arriving early, and it was noted on our booking. My mother had also been communicating with the Concierge, Morgan, to ensure it would be ready. I tried to call the concierge but was told she wouldn’t be back for half an hour. It was 1:30pm on a Sunday... We went down to the bar to get a drink, but sadly there was nobody there. The bar was empty and nobody was tending to it. It was 2pm in the afternoon on a Sunday. We asked reception if the bar was open and she said yes, and asked if we’d entered through the correct door. She showed us through, and as we’d told her, there was nobody there. She was walking around saying “hello?” until somebody eventually showed up. By then, our friends had arrived and we were keen to have a drink on the rooftop (the very reason we’d booked your hotel over others in the area.) We were then disappointed to discover we were not allowed to bring our drinks to the roof, as you appear to have divided up your hotel into different entities? The bar that was being set up on the roof said they were not taking orders until 5pm. (it was 2:30pm on a Sunday at this point, hardly an unreasonable request to want to enjoy a birthday drink with friends on the rooftop.) We went back to the room to find the “surprise” had been organized in our absence, so we took the champagne to the rooftop, whereupon we were admonished for bringing up ‘outside beverages’. Forgive us for assuming we were staying at ONE hotel, not two separate hotels.

avoid at all costs
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

Damp smelly rooms- changed two rooms to get a slightly less smelly one , poor Housekeeping, no kettle and tea andcoffee in the room, had to ask twice for a kettle which got delivered two days later and got charged usd 12 for 4 tea bags with it. Lackadaisical attitude of staff .. aircon vents horribly dusty and caused Heath issues ..

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Luxury in the City
    • Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

We were upgraded to an apartment sized room. Glorious bar, built in kitchen, luxurious furnishings, amazing bathroom with gorgeous marble soaking tub and fantastic shower, double sink, etc., etc. living room had a couch, dining table, comfy chairs and fabulous books!!!

Wonderful girls weekend in the city!
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

The spacious room was wonderful! Blather sitting area and gorgeous marble and wood bar in room. The best is the Penthouse floor with a rooftop m, garden. Amazing to find a gorgeous, elegant space in the middle of the busy city! Also- the location is perfect for shopping and amazing restaurants!

Worst 5 star ever!
    • Ultra One-Bedroom Suite

Total scam! I booked 3 rooms with booking.com with this hotel, We had one double room, one ONE bed suite, one 2 Bed suite. We have 12 girls in total and girls arrived in different times. When My friend first arrived at the hotel, she was being told my card got declined, so they need another card to secure the Room. So my friend gave them another card, which they kept charging 3-4K USD on the following days every single day! Then after she called the bank to stop the transaction, the hotel suspended our room card and want us to sort out the payment right away. We have been stayed in all sorts of 5 stars hotels, and have never seen any hotels like this. The day we checked out, We spent nearly the whole afternoon trying to sort out the room charges with them, they charged both my 2 friends cards , one up to 30Kn USD and one is 15K USD. Until now, they still double charged us and there is no reply from the management what so ever. We live in UK ,and this is just getting more and more insane. They amount of money they tried to charge is ridiculous and should never happen. Be aware ! Don't book with them if you can, they will take your money without your consent!!

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

The place to stay on the upper East Side, with a few caveats.
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

Our room connected to another by a door. Because there is no insulation and we could hear the TV until late at night. Breakfast was included in our reservation. However, be aware that the hotel still charges you tax and an automatic tip on this "free" breakfast. Also you get only ONE cup of coffee with your meal. Any others will cost you $8.00!

The room was large by NYC standards, tastefully decorated, bright. Everything appeared fresh and new.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Worth a stay, despite some basics being a little wrong
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

Had lots of hassle with trying to pay, due to the USA way of swiping cards (no chip and pin) various amounts were taken, then fell back into my account. Room cards were cancelled with the hotel thinking I had not paid anything. It felt like I had to check in 4 times in the 6 days I stayed due to these issues. My bank was informed ahead of my trip away, but might be worth paying on booking.com in advance, not at the hotel upon arrival to save problems. $200 per night is taken as a hold amount for any 'extras' (this is what i was told). One staff member (of the 3rd time of seeing someone) sorted it & I paid in full ahead of leaving - making things a little easier. Not sure why in the 1st place i couldn't do that (including the hold amount), hotel seemed short of answers of why, blaming my bank, until I showed them my balance & the payment to correct any wrong thinking. Innocent mistakes, but still time consuming to fix and for me personally it was Inconvenient. Rooftop bar is seasonal, so is not open for drinks at the top of the building (opens in May-end of summer from what we were told). Used the restaurant once for breakfast - decent food and service. Hotel was late cleaning the room on one day. We had to inform the front desk of this. (We left at 10am, returned at 3pm to a messy room). TV Filming took place at the hotel in the main bar one day, so this ruled out using the bar for a few hours (this was not a problem for us, but could be if you wanted a evening drink).

Great location, staff very nice and welcoming all during the stay. Dwayne (on the front door stands out for special praise). Plus 1 girl on reception who was very helpful as i checked out. Room was cleaned everyday (with a evening turn-down service). Main bar is lovely, hotel on the whole is very trendy.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Quiet elegance.
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

We were given a room on the backside of the hotel. Request one on the front, the view should be better.

Excellent service. The only door I ever had to open myself in that hotel was to my room. Rooms large for New York Upper East Side. Hotel is close to everything you want and away from everything you don't, like street noise.

Service and location are excellent!
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

Two things: (1) modernized room with either lights on, lights off or night light, i.e., couldn't just have my reading lamp on by my side of the bed. A real negative. There was a switch that said reading but it was so dim as to be a completely misleading label. (2) even a Relais and Chateau upscale hotel should have a nespresso (or similar machine) in the room as well as a water boiler for tea. In a lovely room, it is nice to wake up and have coffee or tea without getting dressed or paying $10.

Service and location are excellent!

A hotel willing to help in time of need backs out of arrangements.
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

I was staying there my husband had surgery and there was a confusion with my check out time and services became horrible . All I did was sleep and shower there . I would like a refund for Saturday they knew my husband is in ICU!

The doorman and the cleaning lady were fantastic.

The location is great.
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

This is probably the 5th time I stay at the Surrey. Though the facilities are still great, it may be time to consider refurbishing some of the furniture soon, signs of aging are showing.

The location is great. Nice and quiet. Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious and clean.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

If you stay anywhere in New York, stay at The Surrey.
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

The rooftop is closed during Winter which we weren't aware of before our stay. Hopefully they can make it clearer on the site or at the time of booking.

If you stay anywhere in New York, stay at The Surrey. The staff were the most helpful friendly team I've come across. Yes it is expensive to stay there but it is worth it. Stunning interiors throughout with a cosy and luxurious room perfect after a day of sightseeing. Can't wait to go back and stay there again.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

I found the room generally well kept and the food comforting.
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

Time for room service delivery could take up to an hour. I (and my guest) got food poisoning from the restaurant connected to the hotel (Cafe Boulud) and my bill was not refunded even though I've been there many times-- very disappointing after wasting a day during my stay sick in my hotel. Room cleaning was sporadic. I was very surprised, it used to be better. There were times I left the hotel room for long periods of time to come back in the evening to no turn down service or a clean room. I had to call on three occasions to have my room tidied. Furthermore, I accidentally left behind some belongings in the bathroom and desk draw of the hotel and they were not all returned to me costing me upwards of $300. I stayed there 10 days and can't say I would do it again for the price and the service overall for a New York hotel. If I do.... I hope its a very different experience.

I found the room generally well kept and the food comforting.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Fine dinning, entertainment and a comfy bed... All in the same beautiful building on the UWS.
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

Beautiful marble shower had mold that I could easily remove with my finger - yuk

The front desk at check in was sweet. Easily the fastest Checkin I've ever experienced. Didn't have to leave the building to eat or after dinner entertainment. Awesome!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Nice hotel with disappointing breakfast.
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

We prepaid the room with breakfast which turned out unacceptable for a Michelin star restaurant "cafe Boulud". Upon entering the restaurant, we were never asked if we would like to check in the coats. The continental breakfast included cold coffee, and requested soft boiled eggs, were raw. After the food was brought, the server did not come up once to ask if we needed anything. The check at the end automatically included the tip. Very disappointing.

The hotel was chosen due to its location. The room is clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Entirely Disappointing.
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

The service was less than stellar. Much better at The Carlyle, The Mark or Crosby Street Hotel. There was a smugness about the staff here. Perhaps the recent positive Conde Naste rating impacted their demeanour. I actually witnessed the staff laugh at a guest as soon as they walked away from the front desk. As well, I had requested early check-in. I didn't hear back and was told it wasn't possible when I arrived. I dropped off my luggage and came back at the 3:00 check-in and my room still wasn't ready. They gave me a replacement room looking over the roof of an adjacent building or part of their building. This wasn't exactly a pleasant view. The bathroom was sub-zero the entire stay as a draft was coming in from the small window and surrounding wall. I mentioned a few of these things to the front desk. They said they would talk to the manager and get back to me. I heard nothing. I will never stay here again. There are much better options within a five minute walk.

The room was pleasant in its decor.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Lovely location on a quiet, elegant street...but
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

Didn't have our reservation correct in their system upon check in though the reservation was booked 5 months in advance. Heard the nocturnal activities of our next door neighbors all night our first night in the hotel so walls a bit thin to say the least. Finally, we were three people and over the three night stay, the room staff never switched up their room set up accordingly. A bit disappointing for a Chateaux & Relais group member...

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Sensational Surrey
    • Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

Room service was overpriced.

The bed and bed linen was amazing. Everything was luxurious and the location was perfect for Central Park, galleries, museums and the subway. We loved the hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Fabulous location, sumptuous comfort
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

Reception staff are 'sniffy/disinterested in customer service' and this has been the case on all of my 6 stays here with the odd individual exception. For the price I would expect much more attention to service and potentially the odd smile.

Excellent location, door staff and housekeeping staff the most friendly and helpful, rooms are large for NYC and really comfortable and well appointed

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

I really don't recommend here and it was my worst experience in any 5 star hotels even 4 stars.
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

Staff are not good, service was very slow and bad. Any other thing you can imagine about staying in a hotel are disasters.

The worst experience I ever had with any 5 star hotels around the globe.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Great location!
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

The beds were very uncomfortable. Pillows were very hard and thick and the comforter was very heavy. Otherwise, the room was wonderful.

Staff was very helpful and very friendly. Great bathroom!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Not a Relais & Chateaux standard establishment
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

This is simply not a Relais level hotel. The attention to detail required by a Relais & Chateaux establishment is simply not there, none of the staff have been trained in the art of unobtrusive service. Their front desk staff were downright obnoxious. It felt like they were all doing us a favour by allowing us to stay there. Being arrogant when you are good is one thing, being arrogant when you are ordinary is quite another.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Formerly Great, Declining Rapidly
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

New management has taken over this place, and it seems nobody is happy about it (I know I certainly am not). Long time employees shared with me that management is pinching pennies now and making their jobs more difficult. I've stayed in this hotel half a dozen times and have never before seen it like this. My room was dirty--dust bunnies under the night stand table, someone's pen on the bathroom windowsill for two days, outside windows were filthy. Doormen and bellmen were disorganized. The security card reader in the elevator only worked half the time. Front desk staff were pleasant and efficient, but there were fewer of them than I had seen on previous visits, and they had no answers for any of my questions. They looked confused and unhappy. I checked in after arriving from the airport at around 11:45 a.m. and did not expect my room to be ready. I left my bags with a bellman and went to lunch. When I had not received a promised phone call by 4:20, I stopped back in. THE ROOM WAS STILL NOT READY. That is unacceptable for the price paid. During my stay, housekeeping in this rather small hotel did not get around to my room until 3:00 in the afternoon. And they never vacuumed under the night stand. While I was trying to enjoy the roof garden (which should have had an attendant, but did not), a television crew showed up, apparently without any escort from the hotel, and proceeded to invade my space--including my personal space, as one of them stepped on my toes twice while trying to get a better position--and conducted an interview of a celebrity. This literally occurred in the nine square feet directly in front of the sofa I was seated on. Nobody asked my permission, and nobody apologized for the intrusion. (So, Jerry Seinfeld: when I invite six of my friends with all of their camera equipment to sit at your table in some restaurant and we hold a loud conversation while you are trying to enjoy a nice dinner with Mrs.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The wonderful Surrey
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

sound proof glass in windows would help with some of the street noise - it sounded like the window was open. I needed a small soft pillow - they were HUGE and hard.

hotel and room are visually beautiful, quiet, very comfortable. The staff is wonderful. The location is fantastic. Wonderful shower and bed. I LOVE this hotel

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Still a nice place to stay but the rooms need to be maintained better
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

The rooms seem to be getting tired. The drawer of my night stand did not close properly. The track was broken. The sliding door to my bathroom was off balance and it was difficult to close.

I like the staff, they make you feel welcome as if you are coming home. Cafe Boulud is excellent for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It's such a pleasure to sit on the side walk on a summer day.

Love location, bar and restaurant!

It is perfect!

Love location, bar and restaurant!

EVERYTHING!

EVERYTHING!!!!

Fantastic
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

The room 803 is very loud (near Madison Av)

Nice place but nit going back unless it’s a really good deal.
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

The room was lacking amenities this time. I had to call down for a robe and waited over an hour after calling 3 times.

The hotel location

Breakfast is overpriced and the service not friendly

Breakfast is overpriced and the service not friendly

great
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

the location is fantastic and the hotel very comfortable

The room was lovely.

The hotel was too dark.

The room was lovely.

We enjoyed movin' on up to the East Side.
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

Location. The fine restaurant.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Wonderful.
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

Small shower towels. Need fresh flowers in the rooms Need fresh flower on the ín room Dinning table

Everything, but the details bellow.

Great location refurb needed
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

Could hear tv in next room. Noisy

Great location for museums

Fabulous

Service style location

Overpriced overpriced and very overpriced

Horrible room service

Location otherwise it’s very overpriced and not worth the money at all Horrible room service

Very nice hotel in a great location
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

The bed was very comfortable. The room was spacious with extra seating and decorated beautifully.

I would recommend this hotel to all my friends
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

Great location with very easy access. Staff very friendly and helpful. Great rooftop bar.

No place for business traveler.

Noise

Noise

Room service not available 24 hours.
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

Room service not available 24 hours.

Will stay there again in NYC.
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

Room service was not that good.

Good hotel which feels laid back and discrete. Brilliant location and service.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

very quiet and modern

very quiet and modern

The property was clean and spacious
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

There was one night that another customer beside our room was playing loud music until 3 to 4 AM

The property was clean and spacious

Not coming back..
    • Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

Unfriendly, arrogant staff. Not kid friendly..

Location and design

Perfect haven in New York
    • Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

Beautiful hotel in a great location with lovely staff and a bonus roof terrace

Great value for the money.
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

Great value for the money. Room was real nice and all the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast is delicious!

Best hotel in New York City

Leaving

All facilities were superb, the staff was exceptional and that is why I give the Surrey a 10!

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Stay here. Eat somewhere else.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Room service and restaurant not very good.

Roof top bar Staff

Very expensive tea 11 dollars
    • Deluxe Salon with One King Bed

Noise from air conditioning which I could not turn off

a well managed, comfortable hotel

a well managed, comfortable hotel

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

The bed was quite comfortable.
    • Grand Deluxe Salon

Room cleaning was sporadic. Often room service (dining) was delayed.

The bed was quite comfortable. The staff were generally very accommodating

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Cold weather, hot room, nice hotel
    • Deluxe Salon with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Room too hot, even with heat turned completely off

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Nice hotel with excelent service and staff
    • Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

The bill from the restaurant

The room and service and restaurant

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Deluxe Salon with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

I can hear the person coughing all night