Reviews of Taj Boston 4 stars

15 Arlington Street, Boston, MA 02116, USA

#18 of 81 hotels in Boston

Would definitely stay there again!

The AC didn’t cool enough, the matress too stiff for my taste.

The room was big, it smelled good. The staff were absolutely amazing, the in-room dining delicious. Great pillows and great bathroom products! The best location!

The rooms and hotel floors were much too hot.
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

The rooms and hotel floors were much too hot. Parking should be included considering the costs and or options for extended parking pass 3 when staying for 1 night and he next afternoon.

Great when awake. Will bring my own pillow or request another next time.
    • Deluxe Room King Bed City View

The bed was uncomfortable, and the pillows smelled like waterfowl. Hard to sleep! However, super quiet.

Very spacious room, with a view if the Public zgatden. Great location!

Disappointing.
    • Premier Room King Bed Park View

Do not order sea bass unless you are a fisherman and are use to fish head, tail and skin! Corned beef hash is not, it is a large pile of lumps of beef. I upgraded the room on line, did not get it but was charged. There is also a $30 daily charge for facilities, I think that is outrageous.

Beware of the extra charges beyond the advertised rate - it will double the cost of your stay.
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

The room had been advertised on "special" for 179 dollars per room. Upon my return home, I finally looked at the bill I was sent via email only to see a charge of 400 dollars. The room rate plus 12 other charges that I cannot disclose since the email specifically and in capitalized letters prohibited me from doing so. Nonetheless....179 to 400 is all I need to say I would think. Don't be fooled by "special rates" the hotel will kill you with additional charges you would never even think of. I wish I could upload the list.

The room had a great view which I did pay for - park view. I liked the fact that after my reservation I was given the opportunity to upgrade my room, request early check-in or late check-out for a fee of course but still nice option.

Location is great but facilities are questionable
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

Internet was awful, secured connection for business was not possible due to weird internet policy. We had breakfast in the restaurant and got poisoned on the 3d day of our stay. No water and coffee machine in the room. Facilities are outdated, the hotel evidently needs some redecoration.

The location was convenient close to the park. Fitness room was bearable for hotel.

We loved our stay in Boston. It is a beautiful City.
    • Premier Room King Bed Park View

The restaurant was obviously under staffed as the staff were stressed at breakfast time and didn't let people know when they should expect to be seated properly. We chose to eat elsewhere. The male staff addressed my husband only (unless I was on my own). What is that about? Policy?

The room and view over the park were amazing! The concierge - Sarah was extremely helpful and friendly-probably the best we've ever met! Our trip was memorable because of her advice.

The Taj has the classic elegance of a fine luxury hotel from...
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

The bathroom was really small for two people to share. Didn't like the shower or the low toilet.

The Taj has the classic elegance of a fine luxury hotel from the time when staying in a hotel was a special experience. The service was excellent and all the staff were exceptionally courteous and helpful. The dining room provided beautifully prepared food and beautiful service.

We were upgraded to the newly remodeled room overlooking the...
    • Deluxe Room King Bed City View

We were upgraded to the newly remodeled room overlooking the Boston Common. The room was clean, sleek, and very comfortable. The customer service was spectacular.

The friendliness and efficiency of the staff, and the superb...
    • Deluxe Room King Bed City View

The friendliness and efficiency of the staff, and the superb location: to walk across the street into the superb public gardens is possible only from a tiny number of Boston hotels.

We almost never pay this much for a hotel and in the end we feel it certainly was not worth it.
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

Asked at desk on morning #2 for several things for room. Never got them. They were easy things.......2 extra pillows, non slip mat for tub. Overall impression of the hotel is they are living on their legacy that they used to be the Ritz in Boston. Location is great. After that, hotel has gone to ordinary. Way overpriced for value.

Great location. Bed was comfortable.

Very pleasant employees, amazing food and beds!
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

The price was a bit much, but I booked only about 10 days in advance, so that may have been my fault. It is also almost not worth mentioning, but since I don't have any other negatives I might as well: the shower in the tub had a little plug that you pulled forward to start the shower. It had been unscrewed in mine however so it just pulled right out completely and I had to fiddle around with it a little and actually wound up calling the front desk to figure out what was going on! They helped me get it fixed though, and everything worked great after that!

The staff went above and beyond to make sure that I had a seamless, pleasant experience at the Taj Boston. Everyone was very helpful and polite. The breakfast was delicious as well. I got the chapatti one day, and a standard American plate another, and both were delicious. The pickle that came with the chapattis was just how I like it too. The bed was very comfortable as well, and I had a view overlooking the park, which was very peaceful. All in all I would certainly recommend it to anyone!

Restrained elegance and high level of service.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Restrained elegance and high level of service. The Taj has done a wonderful job in its redo of a Boston classic hotel. We used to stay at the Four Seasons. No longer.

Terrible at answering phones and rude staff.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Terrible at answering phones and rude staff. Had told them to add another name to my reservation as one person was checking in a day earlier and they caused huge issues after.

Great location to visit the city - and great (spicy!

Bar a bit too dim and stale bar the 3 tables next to the windows

Great location to visit the city - and great (spicy!) masala omelette for breakfast! Silent rooms

Lovely room, great staff, great location.
    • Premier Room King Bed Park View

Worst breakfast I have ever had in a hotel. I ordered the Continental breakfast. Had to choose between pastries or toast. Asked for both and asked to pay extra for it but it was not possible. A basket with one cold croissant, one tiny, greasy muffin and one other pastry arrived. I could not tell if the orange juice was fresh or out of a bottle. The redeeming thing was the coffee which was was very good and in large quantity.

Lovely room, great staff, great location. The staff are very polite, smiling and helpful. I stayed at the junior suite which was truly lovely. Only downside is that the one I stayed in had no view. Best location in Boston

Very wonderful location and classic elegant hotel with poor service in the bar and in the restaurant
    • Premier Room King Bed Park View

I did not like the service of the people of the bar . Very rude . Super rude since I entered for having a tea , tomato juice or soup with my son . Their mood and faces were rude to us . Not nice at all . In the restsurant cafe in the morning the service was poor too .

I liked the classic deco and size of room and his classic bathroom and cleaness of the clean service in the room . Also the service room in the dinner i order to the room

We enjoyed this beautiful hotel in a great location
    • Deluxe Double Room Interior View

This hotel is in an excellent location , opposite the beautiful Public Garden and next to Newbury and Boylston street, both excellent for shopping. Our room was spacious, beds were comfortable , bathroom was large and well appointed and the cleaning staff worked hard to keep it all clean and tidy. We loved the lit lanterns in the lobby each evening. We have stayed in other Boston Hotels in the Back Bay area but from now on we will stay at the Taj.

The location.
    • Deluxe Room King Bed City View

I have bought a cheese as a souvenir and put in the fridge. It was gone on the day of check-out morning. I am very sad to learn that somebody in the house keeping has thrown it away.

The location.

Wonderful and charming
    • Premier Double Room City View

The air conditioning took a while to kick in, I wish they had a coffe/tea machine in the room

We were assigned the most gorgeous room with a view of Public Garden. The room was much larger than expected, extremely comfortable, bright and cheery.

Just perfect
    • Premier Double Room Park View

Amazing location a step away from 400 years old “first in the US” Boston Common park, interiors are just wonderful, all in old New England style. Lovely rooms to relax, this hotel is within easy reach to every point of interest and business city. Good for families as well as businesses travellers.

VERY POOR
    • Premier Room King Bed Park View

I’ll start with the value of money, the charges are more than what the facilities or room needed only because of the location maybe they are charging this much. NOT CLEAN AT ALL, they will enter the room make the bed n change towels only but not vaccuming the room or cleaning the bathroom. Not nessessarly vacum everyday at least after the guest leaves.. i’ve found the previous guest garbage n still there when im in... The heater is not working in the room, n an engineer came said its off only, but the room still cold .. i mentioned it after a day till the heater works the staff placed a portable heaters n the room became an oven!!! In the checkout, one of the front desk wanted to charge me 1500 he said this the remaining payment n i paid 2093 + 500 in cash for incidental.. n i told him its paid and showed him the msg from the bank that they withdraw the amount but he kept on repeating the remaining amount till his colleague came same one who i did checkin with n he gave me the 500 back with no extra charges and the other one still insisted in extra charges and didn’t apologize!!!!!!

The location of the hotel

I’ve stayed at the Taj before, but this visit (Boston Marathon weekend) seemed warmer... better!

Having to leave.

The UPGRADE~ VERY CONSIDERATE, THOUGHTFUL. FRONT DESK PEOPLE!!!! Wonderful!! BELLMEN/DOOMEN WERE THE BEST, MOST ATTENTIVE AND HELPFUL IVE SEEN.

Perfect location, excellent staff. Highly recommended.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

I was in an executive suite and for some reason I couldn’t get the heat to work in the bedroom. It was significantly colder in there than in the living/dining areas.

I didn’t utilize it, but I loved the bath and fireplace menus and likely will use them in the future. I just rebooked this hotel for another stay because it was perfect for my needs for this trip.

Perfect
    • Deluxe Room King Bed City View

Very upscale. Staff was amazing. Hotel is beautiful. Perfect location directly across the street from Boston Commons. Just a short walk to the original Cheers set bar.

Close to everything especially the finish line to Boston...
    • Deluxe Room King Bed City View

There was a party marathon night and it was so loud it was hard to sleep. We asked to stay in a quiet floor but the hotel over looks sent request

Close to everything especially the finish line to Boston Marathon.

We were there for Boston Marathon, the location was very...
    • Deluxe Double Room Interior View

The furniture looked a little bit old but it’s probably the hotel style

We were there for Boston Marathon, the location was very close to the finish line, the hotel is also strategically located near good cafes and restaurants and the area is friendly for shopping

Ideal location for exploring Boston downtown, especially for Boston marathon runners
    • Premier Double Room Park View

Smallish bathroom, old facilities. Overcrowded bar area. Shabby entrance door to the room. Old lifts. Classical set for a property which needs renovation

Great location. Good and spacious room with an excellent park view (worth paying extra to get that). Efficient doorman

Afeelgood hotel where everything works.
    • Deluxe Room King Bed City View

Nothing really to dislike, it is as on the web site, beautiful.

Beautiful Hotel in superb location overlooking Boston Common, wonderful friendly staff.

Staff very courteous and helpful.
    • Deluxe Room King Bed City View

There is no garage located near this hotel. They do have valet service and the costs are above the normally high Boston parking fees. Do make sure that you call for your car 20 minutes before you will require it.

Staff very courteous and helpful. Located in an excellent location for shopping, enjoying Boston's Public Garden and Common, and walking distance to theaters. Room service was good, but was quite expensive.

We had an excellent time with the family.
    • Premier Room King Bed Park View

A high step to get into the shower. Floor of tub was a little slippery. I suggest a handle to enter the shower and a mat on tub floor.

The staff were very professional and extremely curteous.

Great location, friendly staff, spacious rooms.

Need reservations for breakfast in the restaurant even as a guest. No turndown, paper or morning coffee but, we were charged a resort fee for this. Can be quite loud. Thermostats are challenging so room temperature jumped all over. Dated, the entire hotel could use a refresh

Great location, friendly staff, spacious rooms. Towels and duvets are nice.

Nice hotel, but there was nothing that told us that dogs are allowed.
    • Premier Room King Bed Park View

I did not like the dogs inside the Hotel, the hotel have to tell all their costumers that pets are allowed. I’m allergic for animals. The service in the breakfast area was really slow, and the breakfast area was not so clean

I liked the big room service menu. Really good location. Easy to get a taxi from the hotel.

$30. Facility fee was not expected and not justified.
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

$30. Facility fee was not expected and not justified..it was like an auto dealers 'dealer prep' fee and not appropriate for a hotel of this caliber.

I loved it and will return.
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

the room was a bit cool to start.

Terrific morning coffee etc in our room. Great omelette at Breakfast in cafe.....terrific lunch in cafe. But Charlie was the best of all! Thank you for making our stay to see our grandson so wonderful!

Nostalgic.great location Medium comfort.
    • Premier Room King Bed Park View

Main the bathrooms. Clean but old style. Bathtubs, shower curtains!! 20th century. Unfortunately difficult to renovate due to size. Some cosmetic freshning in public areas.

The old charm. It was the Ritz. I stayed there in 1974. Location is 10/10.

The hotel itself is a solid 4 stars, the staff however was exceptional and warranted 5 stars.
    • Deluxe Room King Bed City View

The Bluetooth speaker in the room did not work. The room was very warm in the middle of the night and the thermostat was difficult to locate in the dark and was outdated. The pillows were very soft and offered minimal support.

Bed and sheets were great quality and very comfortable. The towels and toiletries also exceeded my expectations.

Comfortable, understated luxury at the best location.
    • Premier Double Room Park View

Lovely facility with the best location. The bathroom was a little small but the views were impressive. Staff was very helpful and accommodating. Overall, a great trip.

Lovely hotel with kind, helpful staff in an amazing location.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Please add a coffee maker or kettle so guests can make coffee or tea on demand.

Room was enormous. Loved the fireplace. Really appreciated the large dining table.

Looking forward to next visit to Boston at Taj.
    • Deluxe Double Room City View

Room temp was over 80F when we entered room. Difficult to maintain comfortable temperature overnight. Propped window several times to find good balance.

Family celebrating adult daughter's birthday. Cafe staff surprised our daughter with a birthday cake. Nice touch. Complimentary upgrade to two queen beds, good. Early morning coffee service always appreciated. Check-in and check-out flawless.

We had a fire in our room after a cold walk up Newbury...
    • Deluxe Double Room City View

The drapes and furnishings were a bit dated.

We had a fire in our room after a cold walk up Newbury Street. It was like having an apartment in the City with a beautiful view.

We enjoyed our stay, and overall experience.
    • Deluxe Room King Bed City View

The phone in our room didn't work, and the decor was a bit tattered. We also tried to order off the "all day menu" in the morning but were told that the "all day menu" didn't start until 11:30 am.

We reserved one night only, but decided we wanted to stay two nights at the last minute. The hotel was very willing to accommodate us and in the same room.

overall good : especially location
    • Deluxe Double Room Interior View

the bathroom is a bit small and could be cleaner oveall: remote was dirty. This is the second time that the TV works poorly ( hard to change channels and very slow)

beds were just ok.

Excellent stay at Boston's iconic hotel on the Garden.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Some of the furniture was a little tired. No big deal.

Concierge, Sarah, is terrific. Front desk was fine. A few smiles and eye contact would have been nice. Great room. Large.

We were here for our anniversary, it was a great surprise...
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

We were here for our anniversary, it was a great surprise during afternoon tea, to get an extra dessert marking the occasion . The service was great service, the staff are all professionals!

We had a wonderful stay
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

Very small bathroom. Could barely close the door, but otherwise fabulous

Great hotel in a wonderful location. Stayed at hotel for New Years Celebration in town. It was expensive to stay but was not gouged like some of the others nearby!

Lovely stay but a bit over-priced
    • Park View Suite Queen Bed

The hotel feels like it needs a bit of a refurbishment as it's a little dated.

Fantastic location, quiet room, great pillows! Staff were friendly and helpful. Loved that we could get a fire in our room.

Can't imagine staying anywhere else in Boston!
    • Deluxe Room King Bed City View

I'm not sure there's anything I didn't like..... What's not to love?

The shower was amazing-- the whole bathroom was very well done. If you can get a park view, it will be lovely. The location is just right for walking Boston. Copley Square, Back Bay, Boston Common -- it's all right there. Not a bad hike over to the historic areas if you don't mind walking (and that's what's great about this city!!).

Won't ever stay anywhere else in Boston.

?What's not to love??

The room are just lovely. The shower is beyond wonderful, the bed is super-comfortable, and it's quiet -- even in the middle of the city. So much better than sterile, modern large chains. If you can get a room with a park view -- even better.

Very enjoyable some lovely lovely staff
    • Deluxe Room King Bed City View

The service charges for every little thing seemed excessive, if the housekeeper forgot the water day and ice , which is free and you call to get some and get put through to service you had to pay $15 seems illogical the two depts aren’t working together!

The place looked and felt expensive even tho great value through Booking.com, the food buffet we booked for xmas lunch was excellent

Comfortable, luxurious and great location...but expect aspects of an old hotel.
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

The windows were very old so there was a cold draft on that side of the room which happened to be near the thermostat so it got pretty warm in the room to compensate...and overall isn't economical for the hotel. Also, every time our neighbor closed their door, the door between rooms shook which wasn't horribly distracting but noticeable.

Having a fire place in our room was very romantic and the crackle of the logs put us to sleep...along with the extremely comfortable bed. The staff was kind and the bathroom was clean.

Excellent value for the price
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

Room we were in was a bit dated. Could use a refreshing

Very friendly and helpful staff. Hotel overall was very elegant. Excellent location. Right in heart of Boston close to everything

Very disappointing
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

For three successive mornings I had no hot water in the bathroom. Although it was fixed by an engineer no proper explanation was given. On one evening I waited 45 minutes for room service and had to ring4 times

Great location, to fine-tune the service
    • Premier Room King Bed City View

Service and attention to details (room service phone never answered, one of the phone devices didn’t work, request for needle & thread only after 60 minutes and two phone calls, shower cup missing and despite our request didn’t come, mistakes in room breakfast versus order). When we needed a taxi, we were told not to worry and one will be found, but after of 15min of waiting and risking to miss an important event we found a remote solution by ourselves using uber.

Location, spacious room

Luxury in the perfect location
    • Deluxe Double Room Interior View

Room temperature was awkwardly tough to control. Bathroom sink was slow to drain. No fan in bathroom.

The room was spacious and felt luxorious. The staff was extremely nice from the moment we got there til the minute we left. The location was perfect. The water pressure in the bathroom was excellent. On site food was delicious and the bartender was awesome and suggested some areas for us to visit. The gym was nice - includes free water bottles and a banana.

The Location
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

Breakfast was expensive and continental breakfast was not available. Also final price paid to hotel was significantly higher than on Booking.com at time of booking. Paid $833 instead of $638

The Location

• Deluxe Double Room City View

We received a noise complaint on first night and we were only talking at a normal level so maybe walls a bit thin. Valet parking was expebsice but worth is as location central.

Room size as there was 3 friends sharing so plenty of space Bar was nice, and great service. Also door men and vallet service was good

I was very satisfied with my stay and look forward to the next time!
    • Premier Room King Bed Park View

We ordered creme brûlée from room service. It didn’t taste like it was made with any sugar. I called room service and the gentleman was very apologetic, told me I would not be billed and offered another immediately.

I enjoyed the classic feel of the hotel. The staff was always friendly and helpful. And the food at the Cafe was perfect!

Could do much better !
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

The TAJ is always "lively" due to multiple social events and weddings.This stay was no exception with a wedding party next door to us.More disturbing however was the issue of someone being able to enter our room after midnight and try to put his hand in to undo the safety chain (likely a drunk and unwanted visitor).There was no apology from the hotel about the lapse in security at the time and it took several calls from me late at night to obtain reassurance that this would not happen again. I am also still waiting for my check out receipts to be emailed to me .The manager as we left was helpful and kind (Natalie) but overall the experience has left a unpleasant impression.The lady who checked us out did not once inquire about our stay or follow up on my concerns from the night before.As a luxury chain this does bode well for customer service.Will be hesitant to stay here again.Room size is spacious but overall the property is dated and resting on his laurels.

The TAJ is very conveniently located for the downtown Boston area and beautifully positioned close to the common and the T. The rooms are spacious and easily accessible with great views of the common.

Location was great. Staff was great. Hotel needs a major facelift and improvement, not Taj standrd
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Cracked bathtub. No coffee maker in room. Sheets had holes. Had a suite which was huge ( 700 sq ft or so), but smallest bathroom - less than 40 sq ft or so...

Staff was helpful. Location was excellent

Very comfortable and great location
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

No hostess tray in the Bedroom. Extra charges for facilities like fitness center are put on the bill which we did not use.But taken off after explanation. No pictures on walls.

Great room with large comfortable bed and easy chairs. Very convenient for T subway and could walk through the park to the centre. Could leave our luggage there during the day while we explored Boston.

Perfect as always.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

I love the Taj.. it’s a beautiful classic hotel on the public garden in Boston The suites have real wood fireplaces and the service is perfect.. not too invasive but very accomodating. The rooms are large and quiet. I live in Boston but enjoy a retreat to the Taj a couple times a year.. especially when it snows!

Disappointed

I asked the room service staff to provide a pot for boiling water. After three calls and about 2hours, they bring me a wrong one......

The location is good and there are so many shops around the corner. The room is very big.

The Taj Boston was a beautiful place to stay!
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

Nothing, everything was perfect!

The Taj Boston was a beautiful place to stay! So clean and well kept, luxurious and in a great location. The staff were all immensely friendly and really made us feel welcome. Absolutely loved it and would definitely stay here again!

Great location but needs renovation and friendlier, more enthusiastic staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room Interior View

- There was no central heat in the rooms - October 31st. Had to resort to a small heater which was not practical, and there weren't enough electric sockets in the room. I was told by an employee that Bostonians still enjoyed the 8-12 degrees celsius (yet Bostonians are not the ones staying in hotels). We do not pay 5-star prices to get no heat in the room. - Some of the employees in the breakfast room need to be reminded to offer service with a smile. This actually applies to many other employees, with the exception of the housekeeping staff who always greeted us with smiles. - The concierge was unhelpful when I respectfully refused his help with my luggage. He didn't even open the door for me. And I've never been to a 5-star hotel that has no ramp for the luggage at drop off. I had to carry my bags up a few stairs.

The shower pressure was great. The rooms are spacious. Location perfect.

Comfortable hotel in great location, but a bit pricey - watch for the taxes and extra charges!
    • Premier Double Room Park View

I had booked a room with two double beds and got given a room with one double bed so had to have a roll-away bed for my son as they didn't have any more of the two bed rooms. Not ideal. Also where Booking.com said I would pay $2,036 plus taxes, the total came to $2,439, as, on top of the taxes, there was a "facility" charge of $30 per day. Why not just tell us up front what we will pay??

Good gym and excellent business centre with a printer.

Traditianal elegance.
    • Premier Room King Bed Park View

The price of the room service... you always end up bu getting to pay the double than the marked price once it is is the room. Too expensive!

Free coffee in the lobby. Usally friendly service

Beautiful hotel in a great location. Parking fees extortionate & only mentioned when it was too lat
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

On check our we discovered a hefty $120.00 car parking fee which we weren’t told about. It was rather a shock and would have appreciated this being made clear during the booking process.

Great hotel, excellent location and beautiful rooms. The bar staff were extremely friendly and gave us lots of tips off places to visit. The people in the room next to us were playing loud music on the early hours and again first thing so the hotel changed our room and upgraded us.

A cold and expensive night
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

I had booked four nights at the Taj Boston for a visit in mid October. Upon arrival I was struck by the worn and stained rugs in the halls and corridors. The room was a small suite with old furniture, an a small TV set, but the bed was a nice king size. The room was clean. No coffee or tea in the room, which surprised me as in standard hotels which go for a third of the price of the Taj Boston you get complimentary coffee and tea in the room. Up to that point, given what I have written above I thought that value for money the hotel was expensive since I was being charged close to $500 dollars per night. But the worst part of the our experience at the Boston Taj came later that night. While getting ready for sleep, my wife complained that the room was cold. The outside temperature that day in Boston had been in the mid 50’s but later on - at night - it was in the mid 40’s. I called the reception desk to complain and was told the central heating system was off, because the management of the hotel considered it was not cold enough yet in Boston to connect the heating!!!! To solve the problem , the clerk sent an engineer with a portable electric heater. I have attached a picture of the electric fan they sent to my room. It worked reasonably well as the temperature in the room went up. I find the whole incident unacceptable. It is obvious that a five star hotel like the Taj Boston should be run to the full satisfaction of guests and management should not be trying to save money at the expense of passengers. I decided I would not stay one more night at the hotel. As I had complained to Booking about the problem, they negotiated with the hotel for the penalty for an early check out to be cancelled. The clerk in the reception desk apologized when I checked out, but that was all. I’ll never stay at a Taj hotel again.

It was great, except for the lack of hot water
    • Deluxe Room King Bed City View

I needed warm water in middle of night and at 6:00am but there was no hot water.

I loved the housekeeper who came in evening bringing water, ice and slippers.

Location is perfect, it is Boston, so prices were good
    • Deluxe Room King Bed City View

The heat in my room didn't work. It they brought a portable room heater

Location is perfect for walking around Boston. Great restaurants are near They are also pet friendly Staff was courteous and always had smiles on their faces.

Very nice but a bit rich in price.
    • Deluxe Room King Bed Interior View

The restaurant menu prices were out of line and the selections were not to Our tastes ----- too much curry powder! Overall prices seemed high including room and parking rates.

The view from our room was very good and we felt very safe in our surroundings.

Would love toRe
    • Deluxe Double Room City View

Got baggage all confused on last day of check Out. Staff was very unclear which bags belonged to which client ineft luggage area

Concierge Nathalie was superb

Worst visit to Boston.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Bed was unbelievably uncomfortable, we actually slept on the sofa in our executive suite since the bed was so bad. The bathroom was so small I dropped all of my toiletries several times trying to get ready for dinner. Two of us could not get ready at the same time. At nearly $1,000 a night, we were so disappointed. Rowdy wedding guests also brought down the sophistication factor and the elevators were so slow that we had to wait 25 minutes at one point to get to our room on the 12th floor. The opportunity for the property to offer improvements presented itself when we communicated these issues to the hotel, but nothing was offered until after we checked out and we're not our way home.

Staff was very friendly, room service was on time and delicious. Check in and out was a breeze.

Nice. But quite pricey. They should had coffey makers and coffee in room. One shouldn't have ask
    • Deluxe Double Room City View

See above. Dinner was excellent.

Breakfast was not good. Sausage not cooked well, eggs tasted like powdered eggs, potatoes hard possibly. It cooked wl enough. Did not eat very much because I found it not good. Coffee was good.