Reviews of Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel 4 stars

200 North Ashley Drive, Tampa, FL 33602, USA

#89 of 120 hotels in Tampa

• Traditional King Room

I was charged for a day that we weren't there. No one from accounting would ever get back to me regarding the charge. After 3 days of repeated calling I called booking.com who also didn't get ahold of anyone at the hotel. Very unhappy as matter is still unresolved! Won't be staying here again.

At times there was a foul smell in the hallways and elevator. They offer shuttle services which was a very nice convenience. However, when we called after going out to dinner, we were told it would be 20 minutes for pick, we waiting an hour before we gave up and called an Uber.

Friendly staff and great location. Valet guys were always quick and efficient. Bartender Corey was great also!

No coffee creamer to go w my morning coffee- terrible tease. No water replaced on 2nd day. Dead winged bug in shower curtain rod that looks like it was there a while. Very small bath products for 2 of us. Club room on other side is hotel. - not on the floor- closed for renovation? I paid for it but was not able to get my early morning coffee.

Great receptionist Stephanie. She was friendly, polite and welcoming. Very accommodating so my 80 year old Mom was close to my room. Great bartender at the restaurant. Friendly and attentive. Great views of the river.

• Traditional Double Room

I think $25 a night to park a car is too expensive. And then since it is valet you feel as though you have to tip everytime you want to use your car.

The hotel and the rooms were very clean. It was a good location for the purpose of our visit.

Had to pay extra for parking. Room was dated, and the a.c. didn't go low enough to be comfortable. Door to the balcony had no stop, and I smashed my fingers. The breakfast buffet was not refilled when it was close to the end of the meal time, and the food that was there, wasn't fresh. Didn't feel like we got our moneys worth.

The river walk is a cute area. The staff was very nice!

• Traditional Double Room

Room wasn’t perfectly clean but clean enough for the rate that we paid for but still fairways from Sheraton’s standard expectations. Towel is dirty, window have somebody footprint on it. Restroom door have some dirty stains on it.

Everything was fine. Check-in Staff really excellent and do her job with can do attitude.

• Deluxe Double Room

Would have liked an area a little closer to other restaurants and bars within closer walking distance

Comfortable bedding, located near sports facilities

Bit pricey for pretty much a standard room. Plus being charged to park on property ( 24 plus tax) Tub and tile poorly caulked, a bit dated fixtures

Friendly staff, great lobster mac n cheese, close to Tampa General hospital

• Traditional Double Room

Bathroom not so nice, hair dryer did not work Hallway had a musty odor

Staff very nice and helpful, however daughter had toothache during night and there was nowhere to get analgesic, no fault in that but it would have been the cherry on top if there was a vending machine with Motrin in it

• Traditional King Room

How thin the walls are, could hear everything from the room next door at 2 am. Woke me up a lot otherwise everything was great

The food and drinks at the restaurant.

The property is a little dated and needs some maintenance work. The pool need a deep clean.

The property is right on the river, so the view is great. The river walk is great for an early morning run or an evening stroll after dinner.

Hidden charges parking

Parking was valet only 25 dollars a day. Front desk said they were the cheapest at that price. There is a public lot 1 block away(Poe garage) which is only 7 dollars a nite

• Traditional King Room

My bathroom had mold and loose fixtures. Informed guest services and was moved to another room immediately.

The staff was great. David the valet is amazing.

• Traditional Double Room

I liked the pool , My bathroom was dirty upon arrival and the cleaning girl never refilled tissues when empty it replaced the bathroom cup after use with a new one or the coffee maker supplies after I made coffee bc when I did their was no creamer which means she didn’t refill it from the last occupant

• Club Double Room with Two Double Beds

Didn’t like being on the 6th floor with the huge AC roof unit humming all night. “City view” was just looking at an up close business building. I did ask for a water view when I booked but it was Easter weekend so I get that they were slammed. Next time I’ll make sure to book a water view overlooking the river walk with a balcony.

Liked the pool by the river walk! Clean facilities, very friendly staff.

• Traditional Double Room

Not much in the way of cheap eating / fast food places for the family anywhere near on foot.

Perfect location for river walk down to Amalie Centre for hockey.

• Club Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed could’ve have been more comfy. Whenever my hubby moved the whole bed shook. The Spring Break rates we extremely high.

Loved the location & friendly staff.

Our Waiter, Danale, went above and beyond to make our breakfast a fantastic start to our morning. Really enjoyed talking with him and appreciated all the good information he provided but, Most of All, he made our daughter Lilly’s day .. a Special Thank you to him !!! The food was delicious too !!

• Club King Room with River View

Rood leaking in main lobby, elevators over crowed... Only one set, not enough for the size of the hotel. Patio door not closing completely in room on club level. Tub not draining when taking a shower. Paid for club level rooms but no club level access due to renovation.

I did not enjoy this hotel.

• Traditional King Room

The room phone did not work. They came to try and replace it but it turns out the phone jacks both did not work. We wanted to use the phone to reach the front desk to tell them about the plumbing issue. The hot water tap in the washroom did not function properly. Did not like the shower curtain ... didn't feel very clean. The closed sliding glass door to the balcony allowed for lots of street noise to be heard in the room.

The restaurant staff were excellent. Very attentive and friendly. The food was great. The bed was comfortable.

The buffet at breakfast might have include different fruits and someone to prepare eggs other than scrambled

Location was great. We enjoyed the view from the balcony

• Traditional Double Room

There was a sewer problem which a strong sulfur smell permeated the hotel. The hotel room was well used, showing a lot of wear and tear.

Staff was great. Hotel needs an update. Room really showed use. Closet door was broken, toilet was loose in the wall. Room was fairly comfortable. Great location. And staff couldn't have been more friendly and personable.

• Traditional Double Room

View from our room - we did not have a balcony so somewhat disappointing

Great location on the Riverwalk - staff was friendly and helpful, they were able to accommodate us with an early check-in and good recommendations for breakfast nearby

• Traditional Double Room

Reception staff on arrival not very friendly. We didn’t have enough towels for the number of guests, I phoned three times, it took about 1.5 hours to receive them. The room needed a good vacuum. Breakfast in the dining room was terrible, it was a buffet but the selection was limited, I think some had it included with the room but we were paying on top, we had no chance to order off the menu only the buffet. The service and choice of food was very poor. If I hadn’t have had hungry children with me I would have gone elsewhere. I did answer a questionnaire on line from Sheraton a couple of weeks ago with my comments but I’ve yet to receive a response! For the price I paid I could have stayed somewhere of an equivalent standard for half the price. I always thought Sheraton had high standards!

The food from the room service was very nice, the service to the room was excellent. They telephoned me back to check everything was ok and if I needed the tray taken away.

• Traditional King Room

Pool closed for cleaning entire weekend. Our car was returned from valet parking with a flat tire- and they denied any responsibility and couldn’t care less. Rude staff . Went for gasparilla race but won’t be returning to this hotel again.

Comfortable bed, location

The toilet seat was beat up like a gas station bathroom. There was no trash can in the bathroom. The room felt moist when walking in for the first time.

I loved the shuttle available that took me down the road when my Uber couldn’t figure out where I was.

• Traditional Double Room

Wifi NEVER worked. The pool was out of commission. We picked the hotel for location and pool access to get away from the New England Cold and the pool was inoperable (Why not let your guests know that in advance of the arrival and give them the opportunity to make other arrangements??) The bathroom faucet and shower was dirty, the rug outside of the bathroom was wet. WORST value for the money. Over $600 for two nights and it was the PITS

I liked the proximity of the hotel to UTampa where I was visiting with my daughter

• Traditional King Room

The desk clerk said there weren’t any river views, The cable didn’t work, moved rooms, shower water was lukewarm, power in bathroom went out during drying hair

Andrew was awesome and accommodating in spite of the old property.

• Club Double Room with Two Double Beds

I drove for many hours and I was there at about 11AM, I didn't check-in till after 4 despite at the reception she said you will be checking in by latest 3PM. I slept by the swimming pool for few hours and it was me who walked to the desk to check on my status despite that they took my phone number to let me know when the room is available. They have a management and operational problems and they charge too high for their services. The swimming pool was not clean despite that some people were swimming. I think they charge too high for the view. Some other hotels are providing the same view but are cheaper and with better quality services. The room was ok, smelly a little bit but ok, could be better.

The hotel was in a beautiful location it's just not managed well.

• Traditional Double Room

Very clean but a little dated.

bed was very comfortable. Liked the balcony room. We were told when we were checking in that the A.C. was not working properly but they were working on it. It was fixed within a 1/2 hr of our check in. We can't say enough about the friendliness of all the staff, from the maids to the small store to the valets. We used the shuttle to go to dinner. The driver was most friendly and informative, We saw him the next morning when we were checking out. He remembered us and said hello. The restaurant staff were also very nice

• Club King Room with River View

Safe was broken. Called maintenance and it couldn’t be fixed. Was told they didn’t have the parts. Booked the club floor. Not much offered at 5pm. The breakfast was not replenished. Had to go get someone to tell to replenish everything. Waited quite awhile for food

I bed was comfortable

• Traditional King Room

No AC , and shuttle was supposed to run until 2am per hotel desk, but stopped at 10 pm on New Year’s Eve .. had to cab back to hotel in unknown territory

Coffee

• Traditional Double Room

THERE WAS NO CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST, NO FRIDGE IN OUR ROOM, NO MICROWAVE IN OUR ROOM, NOT ENOUGH COFFEE, SUGAR, ETC TO HAVE COFFEE! NO HOT TUB IN THE FACILITY, NO FAN IN THE BATHROOM.AND THE CHARGE OF BREAKFAST WAS $15.00?!?

I LIKED THE LOCATION, IT WAS CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE

• Traditional Double Room

The staff were just excellent with a warm greeting each time we entered the hotel. The front desk lady was very helpful offering suggestions for shopping and quick response to a room requirement we had. We were very pleased and surprised to find out that there was a free shuttle available to take us either to the cruise ship, shopping, or to go to Ybor market and area. The driver was helpful and informative. Great location.

• Deluxe Double Room

nothing really the a/c had a little problem but it got worked out. they bought everybody fans so it was ok.

the location was great so was the staff. we will most definitely be back oh and nice bar and food onsite.

• Traditional Double Room

under renovation, no wifi in room, buffet breakfast is rather disappointed

service is good, restaurant’s view over the river is good, access to riverwalk is good

• Traditional Double Room

The front desk agents were very unknowlegable. The air conditioner was not working during our stay and the tv in the room didn’t work. We called down to the front desk at 4pm to have someone come look at I.T. At 11:30pm, when we arrived back to the room, no one had come. Also, on your website, it says the hotel is .05 miles from Amalie Arena...NOT True! It’s about 1.5 miles away!

The valets were very helpful!

• Traditional King Room

I was put on first floor facing the street and woke up by drilling from road work at 06:10am. The staff should be made awared not to put customers so close to the ground or at least facing the river. Would have asked to be moved if stayed more than one night.

The location and staff especially Samantha A in reception was more than helpful. Like the free shuttle services to & from the port and also Scott the driver is courteous and cheerful.

• Traditional King Room

Some remodeling going on so it was a little bit dirty/messy but nothing terrible.

Great location! The staff was amazing! Special thanks to "Big Dave" the shuttle driver and all the guys in the bar; Corey, PZ and especially Joseph! You guys are awesome keep it up! You made our stay fabulous! Lastly the food in the restaurant was awesome! You gotta try the broiled scallops!! We will definitely be back! 😀

• Traditional King Room

I hate to say, but this place is not very accommodating. For a main hotel chain, it’s not very well managed. Service is disorganized, slow, and it seems like the employees don’t communicate well with each other. It’s a weird atmosphere. My sister in law booked several rooms for their wedding block. I tried to change my reservation that I had booked a couple of months earlier to get the discount, but they wouldn’t let me. This is the second time we’ve stayed there. The first time we were late to my niece’s wedding via their shuttle-which was reserved for wedding guests. This time, we went to catch the shuttle earlier, we were told it was for wedding guests only. We told them that we are wedding guests and had to be at the venue because my husband was in the wedding party. They said the shuttle had just left and would be back for. 20 minutes. I said we’ll miss the start of the wedding-again. Luckily we noticed a guest who had reserved an Uber and jumped in with him. We also tried to check in early both times. Never happened either time. The front desk had to rush the workers to get our room ready. The first time it wasn’t ready until AFTER check in time. This time we had 20 minutes to change before we had to leave because we wanted to catch the shuttle early so we wouldn’t be late. I will say everyone was nice, but it’s terrible service. We also believe we caught bed bugs from our bed. The next day, I had little bites on my feet. Room service ends early and there’s no place to get coffee in the morning unless you eat at the restaurant.

It’s located by the Riverwalk, which is pretty, but the view across the river isn’t much to look at. The people working there were also nice. The food in the restaurant is pretty good and reasonable. Drinks are pricey.

• Traditional King Room

The service over the phone is horrible. The price does not match their physical structure, inside needs renovations

Great location, they gave us champagne to the room

• Traditional King Room

I’m planning to call you today about the state of the room. I have plenty of photos to share with you. The bathroom was disgusting! Hair and mold everywhere. My girlfriend and I couldn’t take a shower in there. It takes time for a room to become that bad, the room has been neglected. The sliding door to the balcony has black mold on it. The air vent also has mold. The front desk added notes to our reservation and discounted us as much as they could. I’m expecting you to refund me the rest. We will never stay at a Sheraton hotel again! I’ve been a chef in resorts for 20 years. I know how a hotel operates. The rooms division in this hotel needs a new leader. The hotel GM needs to be made aware of this issue.

• Traditional King Room

The rooms (both on the 3rd and 1st floor) were horrendous. I can tell that the maids did their best with bad facility. The tile in the bathroom was moldy; the wood was scratched and stained. There wasn't even a microwave nor a refrigerator in the room. If this had not been a non-refundable room I would have immediately checked out and found somewhere else. Now, they did tell me they were undergoing a renovation; but this should have been an option that was given before check in and payment.

The bed was comfortable once they moved me to a first floor handicapped room. The dining room was fabulous, with views right on the river - this was the best thing about my stay.

• Traditional Double Room

Shuttle ride home we had to call 4 times and wait 1 hr ... Room infested with spiders called twice on this ...employee just walked into the room.

The shuttle ride to the concert ...

• Traditional King Room

They could not provide any gluten-free food despite us requesting this several times. So very restricted as to what we could eat meant I had to keep going out to buy separate food and bring it back to eat in our room, as wife too delicate to go out. Fitness centre did not have much equipment or a back swing. Bed too hard for me.

Lovely lovely location and such a fantastic Riverwalk. Nice swimming pool in great sunny location over the Riverwalk. Great to sit and watch the river especially at night with the sensational changing colours and proximity to other local attractions

• Traditional King Room

The rooms are not updated. The balcony door didn't open the street noises are very loud. Rooms are not very insulated. Can hear people talking and street noise very easily

The location was great. Right in the river walk and within walking distance a good restaurants and museums and aquarium.

We had dinner in the restaurant, menu has lots of options. I got the steak frites. The steak was over cooked. I ordered medium temperature. I told the waiter and the staff was very accommodating. They took 25% off the price of the steak. The room was fine. It would be nice to have a mini fridge. The thermostat read 60 degrees the entire time. It couldn't be changed. The temp in the room didn't feel like 60. It was comfortable but if I wanted to change it, I couldn't. Also, $24 for valet parking?? That is ridiculous. I understand that it's downtown and there isn't a parking lot, but that's a lot just to park your car.

The location was great. It's right on the river walk. Nice views from the balcony. Pool area is nice, overlooking the river.

• Club King Room with River View

The compulsory expensive valet parking charges - $25 a day. The club lounge was poor The hotel is tired but is going through a refurb

The pool and the views of the river are great Fantastic location

There was construction going on in the rooms above that nobody told us about. The construction started at 8am. Stayed for 2 nights. They told us they would start at no early than 9am. The room wasn't clean. Will not recommend this place to anybody. Personal was not friendly. Parking is expensive.

Comfortable. The bed was good. Shower was nice.

• Traditional King Room

The pool was down water got shut down. at 8 a.m. they were doing full construction on the floor above us I know it might just be my luck but I will not go back

It was close to Amalie Arena

• Traditional King Room

The property was old and it showed in the room. The air vent were rusted and dirty looking. The walls was textured. The rail was falling off the balcony. They use an old bike chain to keep the rail closed. Very dated property.

The staff was the reason I would go back. Everyone I came in contact with was friendly, nice, helpful, and courteous.

• Traditional Double Room

It smelled throughout all of the hallways, which obviously haven't been renovated in years. Also, it was always hot in the hallways. When I booked the hotel, no one notified me that I had to valet and that it would be $25/night until I arrived. The rooms were ok, but did not exude cleanliness. I will most likely not stay here again, but it wasn't awful.

Location was ideal.

• Traditional King Room

The noise of stomping and hammers from the above floors, housekeepers was loud in the hallways, Toilets was old, stained and peeling.

It's near the riverwalk and staff was nice.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Traditional Double Room

The price was extraordinary for the room. Parking was charged seperate at $24 a night which is extremely excessive after you pay over $750 for 2 nights. The beds were itchy and the bathroom was old and furniture was broken and not clean. This room was worth no more than $300 for two nights if that. Was absolutely disappointed with the Sheraton. The name does not hold up in this particular location.

The location was the only good thing about this hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Traditional Double Room

Price always goes up for this early for bar weekend. Paid quite a bit to just stay here for two nights.

Stayed here for the bar exam. Staff was very friendly and went out of here way to accommodate bar examinees.

The breakfast was cold when it arrived. They asked that we set the tray outside the room and they would bring another and when they brought the new breakfast they carried the platter to my room and then asked that I get the condiments and the silverware from the tray that was placed on the floor outside the room rather then bring a new tray completely. Very un professional and un sanitary. In my option the breakfast should have been removed from my bill.

I was disappointed over all. But I will say the dinner was excellent.

• Traditional Double Room

Sorry, please read above. Valet patking was good. Pillows and sheets were good.

Old and dirty hotel. Varpetting was old, dirty. The hotel windows were dirty and inner plastic window was old, smoked, and scratched. You could not enjoy the view! The room smelled musty, old. The bathroom fixtures were extremely old and looked sctachy. The tub was old and found two pubic hairs!! The only reason we didn't call to complain is that we had plans and were running really late after a 5 hour drive! I really wanted to go to another hotel. The hotel store looked bad, unattractive, cluttered, like a dollar store. This is were I had to buy a small Febreeze because the room smelled old, very musty!! The chaiselounges or sun chairs by the pool were are old, I reserved at a Sheraton thinking that it was still a reliable hotel brand. I wasted my $160.00 plus. I will never stay at a Sheraton. I just stayed at a Springhill Suites by Marriott in Austin last week. There is a huge difference. I didn't have time to complain the next day either again because we had to check out quickly and had plans. Also, this hotel has only one restaurante and one bar in the same area, one huge unattractive room with tv screen on the bar wall, not apprpriare for minors or relaxation, I feel ripped-off.

• Club Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room furnishings are a little dated. More power sockets would be good. Windows not double glazed so front facing room was very noisy due to traffic.

Well situated on the lovely River Walk, less than 10 minutes from the Convention Centre. Enjoyed the use of the pool, fitness centre and lounge.

• Traditional King Room

Restaurant was a little pricey and would be nice if had shuttle service to and from St.Pete/Clearwater Airport.

The location to the River Walk and other local sites were great. The staff was very acommodating and polite. Shuttle service was also very helpful.

• Traditional King Room

Valet parking only was a little bit of a pain. I like to access my own car and have that freedom to simply get up and go. Also, rooms were old - need renovation.

Great Location right on river and also close to Bayshore Blvd and path. Great for running. For business people, it is right in the center of the city. Get room on river side if you can and ask for 4th floor or above to look over the back roof so you have an unimpeded view.

completely outdated room windows of the room were worn out and not closing properly, so a lot of street noice coming into the room The air conditioning (AC) was making extremely lot of noice There was also a lot of noice and vibrations from other engines (not related to AC) that were resonating through the room walls. Maybe this was related to general ventilation. In any case the resonating in the room walls made the entire room a big noice box.

bed

• Traditional Double Room

The rooms are old and not maintained well and look kind of gross. Booking .com overcharged us, Sheraton said next time book directly with them. I got another room for the kids for $117 vs. the $159 that was listed on booking - WTH?

The food - the people

• Traditional Double Room

While we were swimming people trickled out from the bar area smoking and talking extremely loud which cut our swim short. I didn't want my daughter around that. The other main issue was the a/c; it was clunky loud and never seemed to really cool off. The maintenance man came and simply brought us an oscillating fan. That helped us sleep. I think the hotel was pretty booked because it was Comic-Con weekend so we weren't offered another room. We were given free breakfast to compensate for the a/c issue.

I loved the beautiful view of the river from our balcony! The pool is on the waterfront as well so we enjoyed an evening swim that was pretty cool with the pretty lights shining off the riverwalk. The beds were super comfy. Room service was delicious and the staff were all very friendly! And the view for breakfast was wonderful!

• Traditional Double Room

Noise from street 24/7. Banging from repairs being done on room above. Rooms are tired and there was smell of drains outside in the hallway. Swimming pool was not inviting. Charge for car parking is excesssive.

There is a fridge and a microwave in the room, pillows are comfy. River walk is nice. Free transfer bus was great.

• Traditional King Room

the price of valet parking $25.00 was a bit to much, i dont think there was a way to self park if wanted too.

i loved the view of the river walk and the pool! i loved how clean the room was and how big and comfy the bed was the staff were nice and the valet parking was quick and easy the checking in and checking out went smooth.... and i loved how i didnt have to put any money down or even credit card number down to book the room

From the moment we pulled into the driveway until the time we left, the staff was great. There are not enough words to say how much my husband and I enjoyed our stay. We will be back.

• Traditional Double Room

Check in was at 3pm and when we arrived after 4pm, the room was not ready. I will add, they offered a drink each and breakfast each for the incinvience. There halls were dirty, holes in wall and recently patched holes. They only offered valet at 25 dollars a night no other option, i.e. Self parking for a lower rate. Then the guy who brought the car did not even offer to put the bags in the car.

The location was good and right on the Riverwalk. They did offer a complimentary shuttle for downtown. That runs until 11pm, which was good.

• Traditional Double Room

The place needs serious help. Way too expensive for the accomodations. Hallways and rooms smell like mold because it does not appear that all areas have working air conditioning like the lobby does. Room did not have working ac. Called front desk and an engineer was aware and no one relocated us or contacted us again in regards to it. The only thing that kept me from pursuing it at the time was that we had to get ready for event. Needless to say, it was a very uncomfortable night of sleeping and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless they are ok in sleeping sweaty in a moldy smelling room. It flared up my allergies something fierce.

Location was excellent for events at Amalie Arena

• Traditional King Room

Gave us the wrong room.Had the room booked for over 2 months which was a king room. When we checked in gave us a double and was told all king rooms were all sold out. After complaining we were given the right room

The bar staff were very accommodating

• Traditional King Room

We are missing toiletries and the bathtub does not drain the water from the shower looks like the pipes was blocked.

The view from the balcony is amazing great location.

• Traditional Double Room

Unfortunately, the hotel is very dated. The rooms are super small and the furniture is very beat up. The vents had mold and debris in them. The bathroom had lots of "toothpaste spackle" behind the sink that I guess the cleaning people didn't see. The hotel itself was very humid - at one point it rained and they brought out giant dryers into all the hallways to help with the wetness and humidity. I definitely won't be staying here again.

The Sheraton Riverwalk was in a great location right on the Riverwalk in downtown Tampa. It is close to a ton of cool activities and restaurants. The bar in the hotel is great, and exit from the pool area directly onto the Riverwalk was a nice touch.

The sink was extremely high and very difficult to use for someone under six ft. tall. The value of the hotel was because of the location--there was nothing special about the room.

Room temperature was okay, but the humidity rose fairly rapidly.

pillows :( they were super thin. Maybe have a hard pillow and soft one so you could choose. Carpets were dirty in our room and in the hallways...stains

Comfy bed...great staff

• Traditional King Room

That I couldn't adjust the air in the room. There was a thermostat but it was set and I couldn't make it colder.

The location was great and the staff was so friendly. I will definitely come back here.

Room was warm the whole time and asked the staff and they said they would take care of it but never did:( also went to take shower and shower release was broke and had to hold up the whole time as as trying to take a shower was a struggle:(( cleaned room one time then I went to use a towel and NO towels where put in room so had to track down house keeping!!

Browse Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel traveller photo gallery