Reviews of Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

49 East Sunnyside Lane, Tarrytown, NY 10591, United States of America

#4 of 7 hotels in Tarrytown

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

Wet unusable bathroom

Carpet was wet when we arrived , room damp and musty. In morning 2 inch of water on bathroom floor, very disgusting. Couldn’t shower. Obviously there was a problem in past given carpet condition on arrival

Location and grounds

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

I was very pleased with the property, the room, and the hotel overall but won't go to the restaurant
    • Standard King Room

Went to Cellar 49 for appetizers and drinks at the bar. The bar was generally empty the entire time we were there. The bartender who initially took our order was nice, although nothing out of the ordinary. The other bartender, who also served us, could not have cared less if we, or anyone else, were there or not. I watched him walk to another customer, nod his head hello, take the order, and then the only words he spoke to that customer was "$19" before he walked away. The wings were good but the bruschetta dip was lukewarm with stale bread.

The room was comfortable with a very pretty view

• Reviewed: September 8, 2018

Sad

Staff very poor ( other than Capidora ) Major and protracted electrical failures Restaurant booking not made Taxi booking not made King Mansion room — extra room rate but NOTHING like web site photo ( also had to climb 4 flights of stairs to get to room

Location and setting

• Reviewed: September 8, 2018

Very good location with a beautiful and historical landmarks. Staff was excellent.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Just being dated, and just good food -- but close to some excellent restaurants. Would stay there again. Beautiful property and buildings.

The location of the facility and the history and the beauty of the property. A little dated, but looks like it will go through a renovation this fall. Fun area, and close to historical landmarks.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Beautiful, historic venue, but not the most practical for getting in & out of your room.
    • Standard King Room

The walls in the building we stayed in (Putnam) are pretty thin, so if our TV was not on, we could hear the neighbor's TV and conversations. The other downside was the complexity of getting to our room. In order to get there, we had to park, walk through a side door, down a hallway, make two turns, and we finally arrived. Both nights we were there, the parking lot outside this 'closest' entrance was full so we had to go back out onto the main street, re-enter the property and loop around in hopes that one of the other parking lots had room for us.

The property is beautiful and historic, so it is a pleasure to walk around the grounds, and be inside the main restaurant/bar building because you can feel the history around you. The location is great - right off of the highway and within a 20min walk of downtown Irvington. We had no issues with the staff and the room was very clean when we arrived. The view from our room was comprised of beautiful pine trees which made us feel like we were in the mountainside.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

The pool was closed the whole time we were supposed to be...

The pool was closed the whole time we were supposed to be there..95 degree days We were told they did not know how long.. found out it was for at least a week Checked out

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

Bed was exceptional!
    • Standard King Room

Bed was exceptional! Almost slept round the clock after being on a red eye the night before. Loved the history of the property and Tarrytown. The on-site restaurant was quiet. Food was delicious. Staff in restaurant was excellent.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2018

Corner room, beautiful sink and pantry area outside of the...

For the price I thought the room would be a little nicer. The property isn't handicap accessible with the layout of the rooms. We were unable to switch rooms as they were filled to capacity.

Corner room, beautiful sink and pantry area outside of the bathroom. Beautiful grounds and property.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

I highly recommend this hotel, and I am sorry that we didn't stay longer!
    • Standard King Room

The grounds are lovely, and the hotel is charming! There was coffee in the cozy lobby, and a nice touch was the fact that they provide tons of large umbrellas in every building ! It rained while we were there , so we really appreciated the umbrellas! There is no elevator, but when I told them that I have knee issues, they were very accomodating and gave us a room on the main floor.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Won’t be coming back.

Access to rooms difficulty Rooms a bit musty Dated beds No affordable room service no options other than high end streaks.

Property grounds and location nice.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

Nice space, buildings look cool.

The outdoor pool, which was the main reason for booking this place was closed during our stay in the middle of summer.

Nice space, buildings look cool.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

Overall would recommend. Only minor issues. Friendly and helpful staff.

Poor wifi on lower levels. Slow wifi on all levels. Phone in one of our rooms didn't work which made it difficult to contact front desk.

Appealing, well maintained grounds. Close to everything. Comfortable beds. Nice sized rooms.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2018

Relaxing unusually stunning estate just 40 mins train ride from busy Manhattan .
    • Standard King Room

No convenience store to buy snacks for your room anywhere. The only option to eat is in the hotel itself which is not cheap but very good quality and choice . You are dependent on Taxi and train ride to go to Manhattan.

Stunning and well kept property , park and gardens in beautiful location . Lovely views all the way down to the Hudson River . Very relaxing and romantic . Indoor pool and gym , and a very nice outdoor pool to choose from.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

Lovely hotel in tranquil setting with pool
    • Standard King Room

There are lots of stairs to some rooms and to the indoor pool. There are some rooms on flat level so request them if you have mobility issues. The outdoor pool is adult only which means on warm summer days kids must stay indoors which meant some adults had to be indoors. Also after breastfast no food available until 5 pm except in satursdays As the hotel is remote this made getting lunches etc hard had to go to local town to get food. Restaurant only has 33 seats in a hotel for 220 so there was no way to eat at hotel and no room service after breakfast Outdoor pool closes at 6 which isbeatly in a hot day

A large rambling estate hotel with lots greenery fountains and even deer. There is an indoor and outdoor pool and an excellent breakfast. Rooms are comfortable with coffee machines and TVs etc though no time for them too much to do. Staff friendly. Very peaceful. Lots of parking space You can get breakfast to go $15 and eat by pool. There was over 30 of us and we had two great nights sitting outside chatting etc it was fabulous

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

Grounds are gorgeous and well-kept.
    • Standard King Room

I've stayed here on several occasions, and my expectations definitely fell short this time around. The hotel staff was overwhelmed due to a large wedding, and as a result, paid little attention to anyone else. I was initially told I could get an early, 1PM check-in. That was pushed to 2PM. Then 2:30. Then 3PM. I understand an early check-in is a courtesy, but I would've preferred to be told up front the room wasn't ready than to have been given a false guarantee. Additionally, I was promised by the concierge (whom I won't name here because she was really nice) that I would have a river view. I had a view of the parking lot and a tree. The bar closed early; the pool closed earlier than normal. The hotel did try to make amends by offering us complimentary breakfast as well as a complimentary drink but this too was disappointing. At breakfast, we weren't allowed to sit where wanted, even though there were other patrons in that room. It was as if we were excommunicated to a room with other lower class plebeians. Breakfast was mediocre, basic/continental. SO glad I didn't pay for it. Free drinks were really the only perk, and it was because they did us wrong. Really disheartening. Same thing happened to a friend of mine when she stayed here.

Grounds are gorgeous and well-kept. Facilities are fantastic (two pools, etc). That's really what you're paying for. I've been here a few times.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2018

we will never stay there again.

only the grounds.

the grounds are super. the buildings and rooms are old and in poor condition. our room was a better broom closet. the curtains were torn. we only had a view over a roof. I would never recommend this place. Maybe some of their rooms have been renovated, ours was terrible.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Very clean, great staff, fabulous property

Parking. It was limited and you had to walk from the lot which were a distance away from the hotel and then you had a good walk to your room.

Very clean, great staff, fabulous property

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Relaxing weekend retreat

Fair warning that you are likely to take your luggage through flights of stairs.

Wanted a unique accommodation for a relaxing weekend. This is a lovely historic estate that has charm indoors and outdoors.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Nice stay.
    • Standard King Room

The parking was remote, especially since they ran out of parking spaces in the lot designated as the closest to the room where we were staying. Since I was there for business, a wake up call is very important to me. They wrote down my request and there was no follow-through on the wake up call. I would not rely on it. I would not recommend this site for people with limited mobility.

The property was scenicly beautiful. The room was a good size and comfortable. The furnishings were very nice. The refrigerator and privacy of the bathroom was an asset. Overall, a stay worth repeating.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Pretty property with impersonal staff and a problematic room
    • King Mansion Room

We ate breakfast elsewhere to avoid paying $50 for the two of us. The main problem was that the toilet ran non-stop for three days and no one came to fix it even though we complained twice. The bathroom doorknob didn’t work properly and you couldn’t feel the AC at night with the curtains closed because the window unit was covered. The AC unit above the windows was broken.

The property itself, especially the grounds, is quite attractive.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

We slept well and great location
    • King Mansion Room

Our telephone didn’t work and the property needs a freshing up. Carpet is a little worn and the fabric on the furniture needs updating. The room service person didn’t want to bring us tea service. Told us how expensive it would be and told us to get it from the kuerge in the lobby. I like my tea fresh without a plastic taste like it is from a kuergue.

The location. Food was good

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

The setting was very nice, but you can't really see the...

The setting was very nice, but you can't really see the Hudson. To me, it was a little overpriced. The AC had some issue and even though I told the staff the next day, they never did anything about it. It is probably best as a conference or wedding facility. They didn't have any laundry facilities

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

the property was well maintained, Beautiful flowers and...

When we arrived the check in had misinformation. We had called twice (days before ) to find out if they gave any discounts for veteran. We were told by Greg in the call center that we would get half off. When we were checking in they told me they would not honor that because they had no such discount.

the property was well maintained, Beautiful flowers and trees. Nice location for taking lots of pictures.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Not worth the price!
    • Standard King Room

Expensive for what you get. It was not any different then any cheaper motel. Parking is a huge problem. They never clean garbage cans on grounds. We hated to leave and come back because the garbage can outside our building smelled like death!

Location was easy access to a lot!

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

It was our honeymoon I want to start out by saying. No Island Paradise could compare to what we expe
    • Standard King Room

I didn't like to waite when the restaurant was not busy. My reason is we didn't not have a reservation an wasn't told at the front desk. If they desk staff told us we didn't hear it. We sat over 20 mins in the bar waiting. Yes, we kept watch on the coming and going of dinners, nobody came in buy 4 guests left out. We sow over 6 empty tables in the first room. The food was really good but overpriced.

I thought the overall condition of the property was vary tranquil, amazing and a breathtaking views. What a peaceful get away, it's not a one night stay for sure. I would recommend a weekend stay or longer even a 2 day stay.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Would stay there again
    • Standard King Room

Beautiful estate, friendly staff. They make every effort to accommodate your requests. Only negative is there is no breakfast included for the price you pay and the breakfast fee of 25.00 pp is the highest I have seen so far.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

In spite of some difficulty for my Mom getting around we enjoyed our stay and the area!
    • One Bedroom Executive Suite

It is a very difficult property to maneuver around. Parking areas not always convenient to rooms. You really needed a map and be mobile to get from one place to another. I think it should be better acknowledged to anyone staying that it is an older facility and not modernized enough to easily get around the property. I can't imagine anyone with even a small handicap getting around. A lot of walking from one place to another.

The suite was comfortable , liked having bath and a half. Staff helpful when needing anything.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Very good, will return
    • Standard King Room

The commode in the bathroom was very low. If you are a senior it might be a problem using one that low.

The room was great and the service was exceptional

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

It was nice but I wouldn’t go out of my way to stay there again.

Based on the photos, I thought the room would be more unique, not so “cookie cutter”. Also, the bath towels were awful. They felt like sandpaper. Instead of offering a huge, heavy bathrobe that’s only suitable to wear in the dead of winter, upgrade the bath towels.

Beautiful grounds, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

A beautiful location with excellent staff who will go out of their way to make your stay perfect.

Nothing :-D

I really love coming to Tarrytown. Everything is perfect. The location is stunning and the staff always go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and stress free. The food is great too. I can't think of anything that wasn't just right. Thank you

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Not a great business stay hotel.
    • Standard King Room

The format of the hotel is very spread out with portions of the commute outdoors. Not a great idea in the winter.

The bed was super comfy. The rest of the amenities were as expected. The food was ordinary and predictable.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

Good for the price, but I wouldn't return

They have thin walls and unfortunately our neighbours made too much noise walking from 11pm to 2:00am (kids probably) and we couldn't sleep.

Bedroom was very clean, and beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

Beds were very comfortable and room was very clean.

Because it is a campus type of environment, the parking lot for our room was a long ways from the building in which we were housed.

Beds were very comfortable and room was very clean. The grounds are lovely.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

First when you go to check they do not have a sign that...
    • Standard King Room

First when you go to check they do not have a sign that states do not unload your luggage here as I had to reload and drive around the back-the bathroom on the first floor was a mess paper towels all over the container and the floor and no one was there very bad first impression

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

Waste of money.
    • Standard King Room

The amenities for the money is not worth it. We would be charged $6 for one bottle of water that was placed in our room. The water should be complimentary. The price dud not include breakfast. Breakfast was overpriced $25 per person. We left our room Saturday morning at 930 am and returned around 3pm and housekeeping had not yet arrived. When my husband and I were in the room they decided to show up and disturbed us. The hotel should have made sure they had emough personnel on duty to clean the rooms. I will never recommend this place to anyone. I would have been better off at Holiday Inn Express. This was my honeymoon and wanted it to be extra special. Very disappointed.

The location. It was mear home.

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

This is one of the worst, if not the worst, hotel room...
    • Standard King Room

This is one of the worst, if not the worst, hotel room I've ever stayed in. I regret booking this hotel. There is nothing luxurious or inviting about this place. 1) It was unclean 2) It was noisy - the floors are made out of plywood. We could hear everything going on in the room above us. The cleaning staff were loud in the hallways. We were barely able to sleep. 3) It was decrepit - we stayed here in January and we had to use towels to isolate the area around the air conditioner. Furniture was old and used.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Really did enjoy our stay!!!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very cold hallways. Lots of walking around many corridors with stairs to get anywhere Considered it our daily exercise- helped burn off our delicious breakfast!

Very courteous staff - everyone was professional & pleasant. other guests were nice - have never been to a hotel where that happened! Would love to return!

• Reviewed: December 27, 2017

Room was nice, the grounds we're amazing
    • Standard King Room

The parking is rough, the larger lot was literally a quarter mile walk to our room. There were closer parking spots but not nearly enough. The heating system is older so it was hard to control the temp in the room.

The grounds are lovely

• Reviewed: December 19, 2017

Very beautiful hotel, nice view, cozy accommodations.

The steam room wasn't working

Very beautiful hotel, nice view, cozy accommodations. It's far from the main street, but we used uber to go where we needed and it worked fine.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2017

Comfortable stay in a rustic and natural setting

Better directions where everything is on the property, the place is spread out over several buildings. Breakfast is good but a bit expensive. There are not many optioins to get food, the hotels caters predominantly to large groups (wedding, conferences).

Good size rooms, comfortable beds, cable TV, very good wifi connection

• Reviewed: November 30, 2017

Excellent value & quality.

Heat and bed noisy.

Beautiful property. Very quiet and scenic. Very unique property. Staff very friendly and helpful. Easy to get to from New England Thruway. Excellent for romantic get away.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2017

Worked for this trip but probably wouldn't go back

Kind of mixed decor; although the property was almost palatial, many of the rooms were in an annex that was pretty standard hotel appearance...2 long hallways, could have been a Marriot residence inn. In lobby they ran out of coffee and pretty much said "too bad". If it had been a Ritz the answer would have been just a second, sir! Our room was about $300 a night. Wasn't really worth it.

beautiful location, gorgeous grounds.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2017

Great trip. Plan to return with my spouse.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I wish the hotel sent email suggesting to book Halloween seasonal activities in advance.

Parking was tough due to full booking of a wedding event. Not fair to hotel guests paying full price. Valets to assist with luggage should be more readily available. Only Disappointment: I booked 3 rooms in July for an end October stay and requested they ALL be near each other and they were not. Also, all rooms varied in size, but same price was charged for all.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2017

Facility and staff were great. The noise, parking and wifi would keep me from booking again
    • Deluxe Double Room

Noisy you could hear talking in rooms next to you and in the halls. Room doors closed really loud. Parking was difficult - you had to go back out on the public road to circle the back for parking spaces. Wifi was really slow.

The estate and gardens were beautiful.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Perfect weekend getaway with class and luxury
    • Standard King Room

The outside pool could have been open. Other than that, a fantastic experience.

Big property nice to walk around. We enjoyed the outside terrace after brunch. We sat outside with nice view of the water. Fantastic Sunday brunch. Better than expected. We used the indoor pool and jacuzzi and treadmills.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

Extremely disappointing.

Room and facility was a huge disappointment. Room looked nothing like photos on website. No updates. Embarrassing to have invited a guest here.

The photos on website and driveway up to the property made the property seem grand. Lobby was upscale.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Not what I expected, from advertising and pictures. I would not book a room there again.

I got this room for my sister and her partner, as a gift. From the pictures and advertising, i was expecting an old fashioned, romantic room. Instead, it looked like an average room for a conference. I would not book a room here again.

Nice clean room, with beautiful grounds.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2017

Very expensive and disappointed

There was a nasty smell throughout and the customer service was abysmal, they also advertised facilities that were not available

The grounds and location

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

We have family in Dobbs Ferry and we've enjoyed our stay twice now.
    • Standard King Room

Rooms not well soundproofed--could hear other rooms when in bathroom. Available parking. The $6 water. Room not well ventilated until we called front desk. Crank for window needs repair.

Love the toiletries, towel and maid service is excellent. Beautiful grounds no matter what season.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

Depends on the timeliness of adjusting our lunch bill at the cellar.

After we checked out we had lunch at the cellar the bill came to $66.30 we paid with Amex and left $15 tip in cash. Shortly after my husband gets alert from Amex reflecting our bill at $79 "pending". He went back to restaurant and staff reassured us it would be "fine". As of Monday morning 9/25 bill still not adjusted. Hotel website should be updated to reflect this along with indicating the outdoor pool is only available to adults. Unclear why i can't imagine why a family with kids would want to use only the indoor pool esp in the summer. Being transparent to consumers is essential.

Over the years have been here numerous times esp when our pool was being redone. Staff always gracious desk, restaurant and kitchen!

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

Comfortable stay. Wish bed was the correct size.
    • Standard King Room

Booked a roon for a King size bed and gave me a room with double full beds. I should have got what I signed up for and not have to go back to front desk or wait longer to fix it my self.

Beautiful and clean stay.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

No value for money

The place it too big, it's easy to get lost. I found the main purpose of the property is weddings and events- not a lot of attention to just a couple coming to stay. There was a LOT of noise, I woke up 5 times in the middle of the night and even asked people to be quiet after the left the wedding and was standing outside my window and in the hallway. Another big disappointment was that the Jacuzzi was closed! It was too cold to use the pool. And in this price we paid for one night, one would expect to have the breakfast included in the room. Anyway, not valued for money for me AT ALL.

The property is very impressive, it's massive, And the restaurant in the hotel was great for dinner.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2017

2nd time staying at The Tarrytown House. Loved it. Looking forward to the 3rd.
    • Standard King Room

Dining options are pricey and limited. Gym needs a few more modern machines.

Comfy bed, clean gym and hot tub. Excellent fire pit for cool summer evenings. Beautiful grounds. Cozy bar and restaurant in historic building.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

I was only there to sleep. I arrived at 10:30 pm and left at 8:00 am. The bed was really comfortable
    • One Bedroom Executive Suite

Parking was awful. I checked in late and there was a wedding, no more valet service and the only parking I could (eventually) find was way down the hill. The 2 people at the registration desk did nothing to help solve the (frustrating) parking issue not just for me but another guest who was checking in. They were very nonchalant about the situation and left us up to our own devices. The property is huge and it took me about 10 min to hike up the 3 hills from the out of the way parking lot and go through 3 buildings (using a map) to get to my room.

Room was spacious and very comfortable. Pretty grounds. Close to areas of interest (Sleepy Hollow, Lindhurst Castle, Hudson River) and quaint walkable towns.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

Nice classy accommodations, grounds well kept
    • Standard King Room

Little hilly for seniors Had to call for ice, no ice stations available

Dinner was very good. Only had one meal, but portions were good and service was also

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

relaxing, quiet and beautiful.

The property was beautiful, the amenities were easy and accessible - there was no usual strain over hiring sports equipment or pool towels. the gym, racket ball court, etc was all beautiful, the basketball and tennis courts were fine - both my partner and I played on both, very fun. Staff were kind and accommodating and the rooms were beautiful and clean.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

not to be repeated, overpriced
    • Standard King Room

its like a maze. absense of elevators in the logical places, terrible stairs to conquer with your luggage, no help offered with your luggage. they lost our washing and handed it back unwashed in the end

location, beautiful area, comfortable room and area

• Reviewed: August 9, 2017

Very dissapointing; hotel quite misleading in representation of King Mansion rooms.
    • King Mansion Room

Booked a king bed, room had queen. Pictures show building with sweeping porch and King rooms with balconies. Could find no rooms with balconies on the building and room was small. Only window in room had a window air conditioner, built in A/C was not working. Closet had a cheap curtain hanger with cheap sheer as door to closet.

Grounds were nice but cigarette butts everywhere on sidewalks

• Reviewed: July 31, 2017

Nice view, excellent wine and food at the restaurant.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Going up and down the stairs with your bags if you just want to go to your room right away without asking for help. It would have been great to have some kind of continental breakfast. The $25 breakfast was a little much.

The history of the place and the location is beautiful and relaxing. The food at the restaurant is excellent although a little pricey.

• Reviewed: July 29, 2017

Beautiful grounds.

Plastic mattress cover was noisy and too warm. Noisy neighbors and housekeeping staff in the morning.

Beautiful grounds. Lots of activities. Well located for our purpose.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2017

Pleasantly surprised when we drove up. More and we expected.
    • Deluxe Double Room

No elevators. We weren't familiar with this facility and found out later that there aren't any elevators. We also only saw one porter. No one asked if we needed help with our luggage and we didn't know anyone would help.

The room was clean and the shower was great with good pressure. There was a restaurant onsite that was sufficient for our dinner. We didn't stay long enough to explore the grounds but it looked like a resort from the past.

• Reviewed: July 22, 2017

Wonderful! Beautiful!

Although this would not deter me from staying there again, only prepare better next time. Not having a moderately priced restaurant or even takeout for lunch or quick bite for snack before 5 pm is the only thing that seemed inconvenient. Unless you want to pay pricey room service. I became hungry at the pool, but didn't want to spend that much on room service. If we get a chance to go back again, I'd just pick up some lunch meat, vegetables, chips, soda, and bread from local deli and keep in the room refrigerator. No biggie.

EVERYTHING! My husband and I would like to go back. Great place, great location. Staff so nice clean.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2017

Lovely, but check to see if other events are booked at the hotel before you go!

There were multiple events (wedding, family reunions) going on at the hotel during the weekend we stayed. We were told we couldn't park near our room at one point. As just weekend guests, we were also told we could not order food while at the bar/restaurant for a long period of time because the kitchen was backed up because of the other events.

The property is beautiful. Very comfortable beds. Good wines at the bar. Pool is fun, clean and the grill at the bar is excellent.

Pleasant

A/C very difficult to turn off and manage. Staff should have let us know about vending machines location upon check in... as there is only a fancy restaurant and we drive to the store for water/soda/snacks.

Atmosphere and elegance

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

Keep looking, better places to stay than this.
    • Standard King Room

Facility is hard to negotiate. Rooms are varied in size and comfort for same price. Only one restaurant on site that was unusable because of a wedding. Pool closes very early for a hot summer day. Not pleased at all with our stay, which was the last night of a vacation.

Bartenders at the restaurant were top notch.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

Do not come here if you want a good value and a pleasant stay.

Everything, they're insincere, overcharge, food sucked and they have no elevators or even ramps. I'll start with what was good because it'll take less time to list it than what was bad: The good: - There is a lot of pretty grounds, fountains, flowers, etc. And that is about it. We met a gentleman who was strictly staying there for some Audi convention (seems they get a lot of their guests by forcing them to stay there while they're there for a convention or conference) and we whole-heartedly agreed that this place sucked and we even mentioned Mohonk Mountain House in New Paltz at the same time. We also overheard a couple other people come out of the lobby basically saying the place sucks. The bad: - I used booking.com for booking my stay and it did not mention that in addition to the charge, they would hold *$80 PER NIGHT* for incidental damages upon check-in. I wasn't worried that we'll break something but it was annoying to basically hand over $160 - and that money may not make it back to my bank account if they deem I damaged something and if they deem I didn't, it'll still take up to 10 days. Had I known about this, I wouldn't have booked with them. Speaking of check in, I up front paid cash for the nights we stayed and offered to put down the cash for the incidental damage too. They made us go to the bank and deposit the money because a card is better than cold hard cash. This was the first sign that they're inflexible and not geared towards customer satisfaction. - We had dinner the first night at Cellar 49. You can read my review there but in short, the ribeye steak was unevenly cooked, the Ceaser Salad we got as an appetizer was just three wedges of lettuce and the Mac and cheese was average at best. The only good thing was the glass of wine and whiskey we had. On that note, do NOT order room service unless you want to be overcharged.

Pretty grounds

• Reviewed: July 8, 2017

Okay place to stay for a night

We were placed in a basement type of room, very little natural light. The room was small for three of us. And we had horrible neighbors, very loud and disruptive.

The location was great and the grounds were fantastic. It has beautiful statues and gardens.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2017

Gorgeous scenery and surroundings but amenities weren't so great
    • Standard King Room

The parking is very far and also it's hard to navigate around the property. The pool was abit dirty, and the jacuzzi was broken and also smelled like mold.

The property and the scenery is gorgeous.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

Gorgeous grounds! Creature comforts need updating.
    • Standard King Room

Air conditioner broken, only replaced halfway through two-night stay. Ice machine broken. Wifi cuts out in the gym, and cell service anywhere is pretty much impossible. Not enough chairs around the pool area, several were broken/unusable.

Beautiful grounds! Lots of space to walk, lovely patio areas. Comfortable bed. Despite some minor negatives, I would return.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

not what i planned sad
    • Standard King Room

adked for a kings masion room couldn't get a room with dick but thats ok thre are only a few and i was stuck to one weekend to travel there. room not ready, front desk no english, i ended up getting in a part of property soo far from parking it was ridicuous, i was by the pool however we couldn't go in as it was dirty and only then did i realize there was no filter, my new after finding out i was not in kings mansion they sayd theres gardens or statues ...my room was a tree and hwy the property was beautiful but it was my best booking at all AND it was my 30th anniversary to my husband!!!

• Reviewed: June 29, 2017

New discovery!

We loved the estate, grounds etc. Would have appreciated more flexibility for breakfast. ( coffee and a muffin for example) But overall we enjoyed our stay

• Reviewed: June 28, 2017

A good place for a conference or a wedding, but don't stay there for a holiday.
    • Standard King Room

This a large site with lovely views and there is only one bar and restaurant and that is underground. There is a temporary bar by the pool, but that has a limited range and only canned beer. The room we had was a long way from reception and quite difficult to get to public areas. There was no fan in the bathroom. The only way to get into Tarrytown was by taxi - a shuttle would have been nice.

The location and the gardens.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2017

Beautiful and comfortable!

No elevators!

The beds were comfortable, the food was excellent and the property was absolutely beautiful. I would love to come back and spend more time there.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2017

Luxury Mansion feel just north of the city

Several light bulbs (room 205) were out and I forgot to report it (bathroom vanity and coffee nook area) Wi-Fi was wobbly when I was there, but that could've been environmental.

Perfect stay for business travel. (and likely for personal travel) The grounds are beautiful and the room was very comfortable. I wish I'd had time to take advantage of the pool. But we used the 'sun room' for catching up on work, then trotted down to Cellar 49 for dinner. (The front bar portion has more appeal than the rear table area). All the amenities you need for travel: wi-fi, in room breakfast, ironing board, coffee etc.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2017

Excellent Value if you find a deal, AWESOME GROUNDS!
    • Standard King Room

Room service and restaurant were overpriced.

Everything was great, it's a really cool location! Felt like a resort! We feel like we got a really good value for the price we paid (around $130/night).