Reviews of Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe 3 stars

100 Frank West Burr Boulevard, Teaneck, NJ 07666, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Teaneck

• King or Double Room

The bodybuilder with the exposed buttocks! Looked like she had implants and she was not dressed appropriately. Perhaps a dress code should be enforced?

Anesia at the Front Desk deserves a gold star!! She was wonderful, understanding and accommodating.

No outdoor space

Rented two rooms for the same night for a family event. Was able to arrange connecting rooms. Was able to arrange 1/2 day rate to extend checkout to 6pm. Rooms were very large with big windows to let in daylight. Rooms were very clean. Front and back office staff was very helpful.

• King or Double Room

one staff member was short at the front desk when I first arrive and i thought I sure hope this weekend will not all be like this. Another staff member noticed I was not that happy and came to suggest help. That person was very nice and the rest of the staff also.

• King or Double Room

The only issue was the pool. It seemed to be members only. We got 30 minutes because it was so crowded. They only permitted 2 ppl per lane.

The restaurants and entertainment, the convenience of the bus coming to the hotel, and it's location is central to many things in the area. I am looking forward to another stay. Stefano is the bartender. He was so kind when we went to The Glen Bar and The Pancetta! He engaged in conversation which was nice!

• King or Double Room

I don't like the fact that the Marriott now charges $40 for their "M Club Lounge". It's basically just a portioned off section of the lounge area that used to be open for all to use. It's not like they're offering free alcoholic beverages or exceptional snacks like in an airport Club Lounge...it's just basic stuff, not worth $40/day, if you ask me. Granted, they do offer appetizers Sunday through Thursday from 5-7pm, but not Friday through Sunday, which was when I was there. I just don't think it's that great a feature overall, and wish they would go back to having the whole area open and free to anyone who wants to use it. This, however, in no way reflects on how I feel about the staff at the Teaneck Marriott and their level of service, and the immaculate accommodations-- they are FANTASTIC!!

The entire staff is lovely. They are incredibly polite, and I love how they all say "My pleasure" as opposed to "No problem", which I absolutely hate!

• King or Double Room

For $135, there was no breakfast included, no microwave, no free wifi, only 2 tea bags were provided with just 2 creams. The overall ambiance shouted cheap and simple. The room had the bare minimum like you would find in any other 2 star hotels like Days Inn., but those hotels are much cheaper. The receptionist, although efficient in her work, came across as very cold.

Cleanliness.

• King or Double Room

The staff is horrible, over charged us. When I called, I was told to call my bank? Really! Horrible customer service.

The place is clean, very comfortable beds.

• King or Double Room

I wished there was a microwave in the room. It was a night we had gusty wind because of a winter storm. There was a window not locked and sealed completely, so I heard noise over the night which I had to block with a tower and a pillow.

It was clean. The room was bigger slighly compare to those in the same class.

• King or Double Room

Transparency about the additional charge on my account would be super helpful.

This establishment charged an additional $50 on my account, 1 day after I had left the property. When I called to dispute the transaction, I got transferred 4 times to no one. I finally got a voicemail where I left a message, but no one called back.

See above

Hotel Was wonderful, clean, updates accommodating. If you're anlate. Ifjt smacked their kitchen closes before midnight. Booking.com was east to use, I've used them many times, however this time proved difficult. I was unhappy because the rate at the hotel was overall cheaper, because it included feee cancellation and free wifi and she. I told booking they cancelled my room without informing me.

• King or Double Room

We stayed at Hotel Pennsylvania at NYC for the first 3 Nights and that hotel was outdated from the rooms to the stiff old dirty smelling bed. We decided to look for a cleaner place and came across the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe for 1/2 the price and it was, WOW I WISH I WOULD OFF STAYED HERE THE WHOLE TIME ........

Everything Was Great-From the staff to the hotel itself , super clean , super comfortable bed , Feels just like home. Awesome gym , with full amenity . Highly recommend it ..BTW the NJ Transit bus and Subway make it easy for you to get to and from New York. Once your back from the loud chaotically fast NYC pace. Its quiet and peaceful once your back to the hotel....

• King or Double Room

I found a bag of weed in my room under my bed.

I love the water bar downstairs the property is just beautiful. The convience of the restaurant and lounge downstairs and the 24 he room services

• King or Double Room

However, I was a little grossed out when one of the towels appeared to have a blood stain on it...it caused me to call the front and get a whole new stack of towels

The king bed was definitely comfy and the staff was very helpful and nice at the front desk and at the restaurant!

a/c malfunctioned

WE had a broken a/c and it was warm. However, staff was friendly and reimbursed us a fair value of our discomfort. Much appreciated!!

• King or Double Room

Wish they had a frige in the room for things to keeep cold.

Very good restaurant, wish the the fake taxis didn't charge so much for a 20 minute ride.

• King or Double Room

Upon arriving staff was extremely friendly! Entire facility was modern, clean and had a great "vibe" Room was also very sleek, modern and housekeeping did a wonderful job!

• King or Double Room

The Bellman seemed hesitant to do his job and did not offer to take our luggage upstairs on the cart. Instead he pointed Us in the direction of the cart and warned us that it might break the windows in the revolving doors for which we would be liable. Housekeeping made out beds but never changed the sheets. We were shocked to discover that the sheets was still dirty when we returned in the evening. There was no notification that it was a green Hotel so it appears that they were skipping over normal duties.

I like the convenience of the location. The front desk staff were very personable and accommodating. I've stayed here before and always had a good experience.

• King or Double Room

NO MICROWAVE IN BEDROOM! The last thing any competitor wants is to have to walk all the way down to the lobby, with barely enough energy to get to his next meal, to fight over 3 cheap damaged microwaves to heat up the ONLY meals they can eat. Quite honestly this left the biggest distaste in my mouth. Pillows were like giant cotton balls that flattened way too quickly. The sliding shower door wouldn't secure closed so wife and I literally had to hold the door shut so slide wide open. Beds weren't comfortable, had more comfort laying on the chaise than either bed. There was a constant buzzing/ringing at all hours that wouldn't cease. Overall I should have checked out Saturday morning and saved myself the $200 I wasted staying until Sunday morning considering I got no sleep saturday night anyways. This stay wasn't worth the money and I don't think I'd plan it the same way again.

hotel was nice, friendly staff. Bedroom had open windows for needed fresh air

• King or Double Room

Staff need to be more friendly and welcoming. I feel very much out of place and like we are being watched at all time.

Place was clean. Breakfast was very good. House keeping service was good and room kept clean by cleaning staff was on point.

• King or Double Room

Everything was perfect. No complaints!

Loved the M club! It was like being in my living room at home with accessible snacks and drinks. Also there was a lady by the front desk when we checked in that was very helpful in giving me a list of shopping malls in the area.

• King or Double Room

The tub. I would rather have just a shower so I don't have to see over. Safety issue for me

I enjoyed everything. I guess I could say the food was the best

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• King or Double Room

Stayed there with my 11 year old so he could swim only to be told you have to be 18 or older to use the pool. I've never heard of such a thing in a hotel! Very disappointed!!

Immaculately clean

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• King or Double Room

I really like the option to collect points rather than have the room cleaned every day but the policy seems rather muddled.

Straightforward check-in. Clean and comfortable hotel with good facilities. I liked the fact that I had a small window I could open in my room on the third floor. My room was quiet, comfortable and spacious. Staff at the front desk were helpful and polite and the hotel bar and restaurant were welcome retreats at the end of the day. Really useful to have a refrigerator in the room.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• King or Double Room

I am a Marriot rewards member so the internet service was free. If I wasn't I'd be charged $13.00. Kinda steep considering it's free just about everywhere else.

Terrific gym, nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• King or Double Room

renovated room was nice to look at, but not very comfortable - only a desk chair, needs a lounge chair for TV watching

nice breakfast bar. good selection for dinner. loved the mushroom soup

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• King or Double Room

Only complaint is that there was a blood stain on one of the pillow cases (not from me or my girlfriend). We know blood stains don't wash out but they should be thrown out instead of reused.

Overall, our stay was amazing. The staff were very helpful in answering any questions we had and our room was amazing.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• King or Double Room

The rooms are poorly furnished There is not sitting chair, no sofa, no sitting table, hardly any space for clothes, no dresser, and too .little shelf space in the bathroom All these could be added without any structural changes.

The Hotel itself is very nice and convenient to the city. Nice dining area and nice staff. The rooms are very large..

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• King or Double Room

It's an excellent location to get to the city, food is great, staff is the friendliest and helpful at any hotel we've ever stayed at! We'll be back!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• King or Double Room

I made a reservation a day in advance the next day I walked in they told me that don't have any reservations and had to make a new reservation then they over charged me I'll not stay there again,,

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• King or Double Room - Club Lounge Access

only small closet is good for one person. We stayed 9 days. need more drawers second chair in the room would be nice. Seating for breakfast is not nice. How wants to sit at the couch table. Egs always cold and so the bacon

central Location,close to shopping malls and restaurants, Hospital near by, Parking free,

• King or Double Room

The customer service and overall experience.

• King or Double Room

I like every thing about the property

Over all the location and the staff were extremely friendly

No outdoor space.

Very large rooms. Clean rooms, even carpeting. Helpful staff. Use of the gym next door convenient bus to/from NYC.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - City View

Great building, nice people!

• King or Double Room

My children couldn’t go swimming. That was the whole reason for this trip

• King or Double Room - Club Lounge Access

When I got there they could not find my booking reservation

Restaurant

The opulence

• King or Double Room

The room was spacious and clean.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - City View

Free coffee only for members who booked direct with Mariott No restaurants in walking distance $12.50/day for wifi

Nice rooms Free parking

• King or Double Room

Housekeeping was friendly but could have done a better job: Refill tea supplies, bathroom supplies,etc..

The staff was friendly...

• King or Double Room

Beautiful property and great location for the price.

N/a

The staff is we’re super friendly and helpful. The maid service was quick. The a la carte breakfast was delicious.

• King or Double Room

They charge you for WiFi and use of the business center.great

Enjoyed the ease of parking, spacious rooms and comfortable bathrooms.

• King or Double Room - Club Lounge Access

It was almost perfect. Room was clean. The service was perfect. I really enjoy M-club very much.

• King or Double Room

Very convenient location rooms are very spacious and clean

No Netflix.

Upclass lobby.

charge for Wi-Fi

Very comfortable hotel, spacious rooms, well situated just across the George Washington Bridge.

• King or Double Room - Club Lounge Access

Quick check in process. Clean room. Nice view. Close to NYC easy location to reach highway

• Deluxe King or Double Room

Too get agent on the phone was not easy

Rooms

• King or Double Room

They would not allow any children into the pool area.

The rooms are really pretty and the beds are very comfortable

N/a

Staff

• King or Double Room

More varieties on the buffet.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• King or Double Room

I wouldn't have changed anything.

Rooms were spacious, actually huge for the price. I loved the lounge chair and tiled entry area!

Very Friendly

• King or Double Room

It was clean, The staff was friendly and professional

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

nothing I didn't like

I love the set up of the room, everything is clean I been here many time and will be back.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Great breakfast!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• King or Double Room

Front desk reception and bathrooms were ks

After jis

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• King or Double Room

Bed was very comfy. Room very clean

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• King or Double Room

Brandy was welcoming and diligent

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Noting.

Every thing .

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Deluxe King or Double Room

the pool for children

I loved the hotel period

Wow!Really really nice!!!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• King or Double Room

Very clean and super nice staff!

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• King or Double Room

Very comfortable bed and polite staff.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

The staff didn't anticipate what I needed especially when I had guests with me. We had to keep calling their attention for extra saucers/utensils & for the complimentary room services.

I loved the chocolate mousse & their red sangria.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

No breakfast included . The hotel is expensive already at least there should be a continental breakfast.

No wait to check in or out 12pm check out! Nice location

• Reviewed: 23 December 2015

Room was booked online, Comfort Inn rooms are better quality than this Marriot room. No Wi-Fi in room if not reward club member, bathroom was oka, but the shower filled with water and didn't drain. i requested coffee maker but the room had toy model coffee maker, breakfast was delivered on time but was not worth the value and money.

Lobby Staff was polite, and professional.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2015

They charge for using the facilities at the business center. Also by making the reservation trough booking.com you are not entitled to the benefits given by holders of the Marriott Club Card

Very nice and helpful staff. Nice size rooms

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

There is not much things to do around the hotel. You have to have a car to go anywhere decent.

Clean, comfortable, and if you get a high floor room facing the NYC, it makes it worthwhile.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

Michael,server in Cafe. John Bartender. So so nice!! A real asset. Loved all the Staff. Everyone went above and b et yu ond. Especially Michael in Cafe. Great kid.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2015

Everything was good there is not anything bad that I can said about this hotel

I'd like everything since we got in the hotel they treat us fantastic, the breakfast was really good and clean area, room was really nice

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

No bad experiences.

The reason for my high rating for its location is because I have family living close by in Leonia and it's very convenient. The hotel isn't very convenient to New York City, but what is?

• Reviewed: 3 August 2015

got my room wrong. I asked for 1 single bed and got 2 beds. room changed and same thing. after 3rd time room had correct bed

modern facilities, great restaurant, good breakfast

There are also 62 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.