Reviews of Texas Station Gambling Hall & Hotel 3 stars

2101 Texas Star Lane, North Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV 89032, USA

#123 of 193 hotels in Las Vegas

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room was just the right temperature. Stops once the room is at the temp you have it set. I didn't need to get out of bed to turn off the AC. I relax the whole time I stayed. Enjoyed the bath. Tub is very huge. Love it. Kids enjoyed the pool. Two thumbs up motel.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The quality of food at the Buffet Feast could have been better.

Th staff was friendly and polite. They provided great customer service and accommodated our needs.

• Standard King Room

Requires $100 deposit beyond room charge, refunded upon checkout. Sometimes takes a few days to process.

Solid value. Oyster Bar restaurant is pretty good. Consistent with the other Station/Fiesta properties imo, which are all quite hospitable if not luxurious.

• Standard King Room

The hotel did not disclose to me all the fees and its resort fees and its taxes at the beginning of my reservation. This is very dishonest. They should have disclosed all the fees at the beginning of my reservation.

• Standard King Room

The hotel did not disclose the resort fees and the taxes at the beginning of my reservation. When I first booked the hotel, they should have disclosed all the fees to me. They did not do this and I think this is unethical.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

We both struggled to get comfortable with the pillows on the bed. Too big, over-stuffed. Made for stiff necks especially if side sleepers, as we are. We ended up sleeping on just the least bit of corner of pillows. Also, although I asked for room higher up, if possible, we were not prepared for the view we had. Only a big wall with no outside to look at from room.

I liked the clean and good layout of the casino. Liked the calmer ambiance better than the hustle and bustling crowds of other casinos. Liked selection of eateries.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

My room phone rang all night until I unplugged it, something about surveillance. Pillows too stiff and too fat. My view was of an entire wall. I could not see anything at all around it. I heard everything through the thin walls.

It was close to where I needed to be

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

On the first floor around 12:30 AM young dog began barking in the one of the rooms that lasted throughout the morning until six or 7 AM at which time security introduce me only to leave with the dog still barking I would like to know will there be some typo restitution me either by booking.com or the Texas station hotel and casino with the discomfort I was subjected to

The room was On the first floor

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

One of the bartenders ( a female) was very rude to me and the door keys never worked

It was fun ! The manager at the buffet was so wonderful to us! We had just arrived starving from camping and he sat us to eat when the restaurant was about to close. He told the staff to let us eat even without paying till after we ate cause they were closing in 15 min

• Standard King Room

First they didn’t accommodate us with the room I chose on booking.com they blamed you guys for that one 😕 everything that went wrong they blamed it because I booked with a second party.... then we found dirty socks and underwear in our room so you know sleeping on the bed was questionable

I love the casino part of The stay and restaurants

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

I dont like the bathroom floors..it seemed they never got mopped. Always dirty. So if they did get cleaned..the tiles are so out of date they kept the dirt on them. Yuk.

Texas Station is a great value for your money. The best part of our stay was "Marty" the Bartender. I also enjoyed the 2nd shift lady who worked in the gift shop. Always put a smile on our face. And the maids were always so cheerful. I loved the Starbucks looking over the little "canal/river". So sweet. But we really enjoyed Marty.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

I did not lol the very strong smoke smell through out the casino.

The room was clean and cool. It also had a nice sized bathroom, which is very important to me.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Buffet was very disappointing.... mediocre. After checking in our room ..We had to ask to be moved because the first room had a view of a wall that blocked any view..including the sun.

Food was good in the cafe

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

There was no minibar in the room and the wifi was terrible.

It was clean, the staff were polite and it was away from all of the noise and smoke of the casino.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

I was told I booked a smoking room which I would not and the front desk girl was very unfriendly and said she couldn’t do anything about it. I stayed with the smoke smell ugh

Loved the restaurant food and service! Great friendly staff in there

• Standard King Room

Michelle the cocktail server was the worse ever,she didn't want to serve certain ppl including myself for the duration of the 6hrs of gaming we did. Just a nasty attitude for no reason. Unprofessional.

Bed was comfortable and check in was,fast and easy.

• Standard King Room

Pillows too big, put a kink in your neck. Only 3 pillows for two people. Would have been nice to have 4 pillows. Everything else was fine.

Clean and quiet,

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The area near the bathroom on the first floor in the casino is too smoky. In my opinion, people should not stand outside of the bathroom door and smoke. Is not good for people who have lung problems like me and need to have access to the bathroom.

Your Buffet is one of our favorites. The food is delicious.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

There is no coffee maker in the room and they could not provide one when I asked. Also, the "resort fee" was very high, when all it included was the internet. Could hear everything outside the door, so was woke up several times a night. So no deal on the hotel room.

The staff was good.

• Standard King Room

Bed and pillows very uncomfortable. Buffet was cold and quality was disappointing. Cafe at evening meal was slow, food was incorrect. Casino very smoky.

Felt safe, plenty to do at the property

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The buffet was Terrible!!! Do not waste your money. I'm not even a picky eater but the food was old. Nothing was fresh. The dessert bar was pretty bad too. How do you mess up cookies, cake, churros.

The bowling alley was great other than that pretty run down

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The breakfast was to be free but we were told to go get a coupon and then sent back to tell the restaurant to charge the room and only allowing $20 for the second day staying. We missed out on the first day. Then the BBQ buffet is advertised at $11.99 but even with the players club card it was $12.99 and only for 2 at that price. The food was dry and not fresh. The restaurant staff was horrid, rude and there is no reason a BUFFETT should charge 15% gratuity for a large group when they don't wait on you for all your meal. We travel in large groups to Vegas 7-10 times a year and there is no reason to come back to this hotel if they are going to be rude.

The hotel staff was nice but not informative at check in. Just a lot of training needed to correct all the issues. The hotel took care of the pot smokers quickly but we smelt smoke, tobacco and pot off and on our whole stay.

• Standard King Room

We arrived after 9pm. We wanted to eat at Fatburger. Casino was very busy (Friday night, to be expected). We stood in line 15 minutes (only 2 people in front of us). Then once we placed our order we waited an additional 27 minutes. Not a problem, it was busy. When we got up to the room at 10:30 there were no fries in the bag. The burgers were lukewarm. I understand We should have checked the bag But we had travelled over 4 hours to get here and by that time we were too tired to fight the crowd back to restaurant. We ate our burgers and turned in.

Location is perfect for my needs! I love the selection of restaurants. Room was quiet. 5th floor, end of hall. Check in is quick. Access to rooms simple and convenient. Clean rooms. Reasonable price. I would recommend to anyone.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The showers were terrible barely any water came out. The beds were extremely uncomfortable especially the pillows is was like sleeping in a brick.

The cafe had good food.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The buffet! We went down to eat dinner and most of the meat was very dry looking chicken was under the heat to long looks old, fish was dry, corn had no taste to it overall they should be checking at all times and change the ones that been sitting all day ! Had my nieces with me and they all said the same thing, sorry if I’m saying what u don’t want to here but if u want customers back food has to be better. First time there and could be my last .

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

the lighting was horrible it was too dim. Thats it

The staff was excellent and the room was spectacular. Excellent, will rent again and refer others. Favorite hotel by far.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel is separate from the casino and you get a special door to enter. The doors close nicely, they don't have the hard spring. It's soft and gentle when it closes.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Nothing They like double charged me. The people next to me were smoking cigerates all night also marijuana. I feel I should get every penny back and be compensated some how.

• Standard King Room

The prices...an extended stay due to their lies and errors..better quality staff .

Nothing at all..took me for money and was broke afterwards and staff was awful Nd room was dirty

• Standard King Room

The neighborhood was a little questionable after dark, but so are most neighborhoods in Vegas. The property has everything you need though so once you park you don’t need to go outside. Big spacious bathroom, decent size room, wish the bed was a little softer though

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Signs directing me to the main entrance and hotel desk. I drove around three times before I thought I had the correct entrance and I was still at the wrong entrance.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Smoky air is never good for me -- in general, this is my biggest complaint of all facilities in Las Vegas.

Buffet was great, Austin's Steakhouse excellent, and the bed super comfy, bathroom clean and adequate for my needs

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Slight odor of cigarette smoke throughout the casino

Casino is only steps away from room.....buffet is totally a good deal.....room was comfortable and clean

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

This place is not on Fremont Street or The Strip so we had to drive everywhere and every casino on the strip has started charging for parking. I was unable to check out online. Technology is a wonderful thing... when it is working.

My expectations were low. This turned out to be an extra clean casino and hotel. Friendly staff and surprising amenities like a Starbucks and $2 Margaritas made this a good value.

• Standard King Room

The check in staff was unprofessional, had to wait to check in from 330am to 5am due to their audit with no other staff available to help. Feel that no matter when you do an audit, there should always be another member available for check in at all times, especially for guest arriving early mornings.

The property was convenient to shops and freeways. Rooms were clean with decent restaurants.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The rooms were simple and did not have coffee makers or refrigerators unless extra fees were paid. Lots of small fees for things like an extra 10 for a view, 14 for a fridge, etc. Rooms were dated and could use an upgrade. The cafe food was good, nut the service was lacking, it took over 45 minutes to get breakfast.

There was so much to do at Texas Station. Bowling, movie theatre, Bingo, slots, multiple places to eat, bars, slots, etc. The buffet was wonderful and the small food court gave some different options. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Having to walk all the way down to end of hall to get to room. Wasn't told anything about casino like dining or rewards program, pool. Had to ask for my room to be cleaned. I really dont think bathroom had been cleaned before my arrival. The front desk staff wasn't friendly at check in or check out.

Safety of facility close to restaurant cafe and casino. I really enjoyed the Friday night old school event.

• Standard King Room

Too much smoke everywhere - in the carpets, the walls, you name it.

Easiness of getting to and from the room. The room cleaning staff - terrific. Quick check out.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Nothing against the hotel but the area leading to the hotel was a smoking area. Not exactly kid friendly. But the casino felt well ventilated so the smoke smell was more tolerable. The beds were a little too firm but that's just my preference. I still got some great rest there. Housekeeping knocked on my door and entered when I had my do not disturb sign up.

The staff was friendly. The room was clean. No stale smoke smell. I asked for a fridge and they were very prompt in providing it. The bathroom was spacious. The sheets were clean. There were plenty of restaurants to choose from in the casino including a Starbucks. The customer service at the Starbucks was exceptional. There was security in the parking garage and throughout the casino. I felt safe there.The Texas station was wonderful and I would definitely stay there again!

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Initially did not like our room because there was no view from our widow (looking at a wall). Fortunately the hotel staff was able to switch us to another room with a nicer view. I suppose if we were informed at reservation time it would alleviated the hassle

We chose this hotel because of all the amenities it had to offer, unfortunately was not able to use them all due other activities outside of the property ( wedding)

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

A shuttle from the airport would be nice, but using the Super Shuttle services at the airport is a $30.00 ride and that beats what a taxi and or Uber will charge.

All the staff were/are very friendly and helpful. Very easy to check in and immediate comps were given before I even gambled. The strip is nice to view and walk around but this location and the other Station properties are where you want to be for the Las Vegas experience of feeling like a valued customer. I am sure that the strip hotels will give you comps I just don't have the time nor the money to spend to earn them.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Not being able to get a bell captain. My second time visiting. I like the hotel but I at least wish you had valet so I wouldn't have to take my things to the hotel from parking lot

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The way the tv was setup could've been better. Getting to know how your name is registered for the wifi could be helpful too.

The beds were comfortable. Getting to control the room temperature was good.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was all at least good or better.

we were thoroughly satisfied with a budget priced Las Vegas room. The room was larger than many others, beds were great. Tub a bit awkward to relax in. Buffet and other dining very good, especially Austin's - a great steakhose.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The buffet said it was voted best in Las Vegas and it was awful. One of the staff members yelled at my 10 year old daughter because she was standing in a no kid area while she was waiting for us to sign up for their players club. All she had to do was tell us. I told her I don't need the card we won't be back now. Hotel is in a shady area of Las Vegas. I wouldn't suggest walking to your car alone at night. I left a day early.

Rooms were nice and we were the only people at the pool.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

no coffee maker in the room

room was spacious as was the bathroom. Best tv I've experienced in a hotel. Food was reasonably priced and very tasty. I'd go back again

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Shower heads had water that trickled out of them. TV software was outdated. Remote function was very slow and unresponsive. Casino had a musty smell in addition to the regular cigarette smoke. Bathrooms do not have exhaust fans. Blow dryers in bathrooms are of poor quality. Air conditioner units in the room are very loud and cycle constantly. Beds are very "crunchy" all movement is accompanied with a cellophane bag sound. No views from room Pool is very small 3-4 feet deep. Pool lounge area is concrete, outdated plastic chairs, small. Pillows are synthetic and stiff Towels are not much bigger than a hand towel. Bathroom sinks are very small. Toilets don't flush well.

My family liked the cafe.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

I had without a doubt the worst Chicken Fried Steak I have ever had. When first served I said to myself what a large serving figuring probably an additional meal/snack later in our room. When I started cutting the batter was excessive and once through the batter I found a small thin piece of meat, would not call what I had a steak! Sure ruined what was a nice enjoyable stay until dinner.

Everything except the food. See below

Custermer service at 24 cafe

Disappointed the 24 hour cafe was closed to clean rug graveyard hours, I went there for tha special breakfast graveyard hours. Saved me breakfast for opening at 7am, the specials were not valid at this time. I mentioned about the nite before when they were closed, the waitress would not even see it from my side, at least a discount!!

The pool was dirty.

Buffet was reasonable priced. Staff at the hotel i.e front desk gift shop restaurant housekeeping were accomadating and super friendly.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

There is no coffee pot or refrigerator in the room. If you needed anything it cost extra. Like they dont make enough from everything there. Should be named cost plus, plus, plus hotel.

Had almost everything you could want . There is even a walmart right behind it.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Better pay outs and better waitress services

The rooms were nice, casino takes money on gambling an not fair to any wins lost lots of money their and won pennies I'm gonna sleep else where next visit, cocktails are slow to cum

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

I didn't like that we didn't have enough towels and when asked for extra set I was told I had to go get it okied by the front desk, she wasn't too friendly and I didn't know that was our job to do so

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Dated room décor, wouldn't sit in the easy chair as both it and the ottoman were either stained or had bleach marks on them.

Breakfast at the Grand Café. Comfortable bed in a spacious room.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

i have a special needs child. when i first stayed i had access to microwave and a large wooden crib. this stay they wouldn't give me the microwave or the big wooden crib. i got the small metal crib(prison). and i ask for towels and was told its to early(7a) i would need to go to the front desk to get towel. so i did around 9a and the nasty clerk said they would never do that. so i went back to my room to relax my mind. then they showed up with the towels. not handicap friendly. to avoid the stress ill try to stay away from station hotels for a while and i will try not to talk bad about the Station hotels to my cerebral palsy support group. i also stayed at the Palace station and was charged for a fridge until i had to prove to them my baby doesn't walk or eat table food. and we have a handicap stroller. my original plan was to stay at all the Station hotels because of my original stay at the Texas Station in Oct 2016. i need to re-evaluate that plan and let my support groups know what happened to change my mind about the Station hotels

the location the amenities

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Showed me checked out a day earlier then I had reserved. Inconvenient that I had to go get my key redone. Also when I called the front desk to advise of the miscommunication the representative kept on letting me know that I was incorrect and I had already checked out.

Nice staff good location. Good restaurants

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Standard King Room

Cocktail waitresses on both sides of the casino were horrible..kept passing me ..played slots for 4 hrs and waitress never asked me if I wanted a drink,kept being ignored constantly,even when over a hundred dollars or more was spent

All employees of the CAFE had GREAT ATTITUDE and were wonderful at customer service.

• Standard King Room

The area surrounding the property has gone down decidedly since we last visited the property

The property is a good value, and while it doesn't have all the "bells and whistles" of other poperties, it did provide what we needed

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Standard King Room

Facilities are dated and location is in a run-down part of Las Vegas. Visited the Fiesta Casino in Henderson, which is part of the same family as Texas Station, and the experience was much more enjoyable however I didn't stay at the Fiesta so can't comment on lodging.

Ease of checkin

• Standard King Room

Smell cigarette in hallway. Rooms have no coffee mug, check out is 11am, but was listed on booking at 12am. Only on soap in the room.

Air conditioning is working

• Standard King Room

The complete stay was not good at all no attention from staff no soap or anything in room. Room was dusty and dirty not happy with the stay. Strange looking or uninviting guest in pool area. The refund of the deposit has not been refunded and its hard to get somebody on the phone to handle the issue.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

That there was no valet parking and I didn't or was not asked when I checked in did I need help with my luggage. Actually I had hanging items and 1 piece of luggage. So I had to make two trips to my car

I did like because it was away from the strip. I was there for an event and the hotel was only 4 miles away

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

I didn't like the cigarette smoke which you cannot escape in the casino... that is the only issue so far....

I love the beds... all over town I have stayed in rooms even on the strip... but the beds, the sheets, are the best most comfortable, they are clean which means the most to me... the size of the rooms, the cafe with their inexpensive breakfast skillets, all the perks, the staff is wonderful... they explain anything you ask them to, and I feel comfortable and safe here.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Paid extra for microwave and refrigerator as advertised on booking.com. When we arrived we were told there was no microwave but the friends we were with received both. Pricing was VERY misleading. At the end of our stay (two nights) we paid over $90.00 a night but the rooms were advertised at $24.00 plus $30.00 some dollars hotel surcharge. We will not be staying at this place again.

Clean sheets

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

I was given a smoking room although I requested a non smoking room when I made my reservation over a month ago. Hotel manager refused to relocate me and refused to comp any portion of my stay. Restaurant service very slow. Drinks expensive. Room was very basic. They offered to spray the room to alleviate the smell, had to remind them twice and it was only a small relief. Ordered and paid for a fridge in the room. Again had to call twice to have it delivered. Would stay there again and wouldn't use any third party booking broker to book a room in Vegas again.

It's was close to the function I attended

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Standard King Room

Texas Station is very bare bones. No in room refrigerator. no room service. No bottled water. No extra blankets. If you just want a place to sleep cheap, this is it.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The cigarette smell throughout the property was so awfully overwhelming that I had a massive headache most of the time.

It was very close to the hospital where my brother was.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Standard King Room

need to clean air conditioning filters. . very very dusty...woke up with irritated throat...watery eyes

Its was cool...chill spot for what I needed....for those couple of days

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Standard King Room

nothing really.. you get what you pay for

a lot of food locations on site. big location. walmart right across the street to pick up what i left at home

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Standard King Room

Very Very Very smokey, We are non smokers but our clothes smelled like smoke for days. Would of gambled there much more if it was less smokey

Staff for the most part were kind and curtious

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Standard King Room

Midnight, the adjoining room came in and smoked stuff, turned music on and were loud!!Until after 3:30. Thin walls!!

New towels, location, staff was friendly and I didn't smell like smoke when I came out of the casino area

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was Low shower head water pressure, hardly any water, I could not shampoo and clean my body thoroughly, also, The sink was clogged, could not run the water while brushing my teeth.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

There wasn't anything we didn't like. Easy to get around and slot machines let you play for awhile.

We ate at cheap buffet every morning. It was great and price amazing for all you got

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

I canceled my extended stay after one night due to someone smoking near my room in the non-smoking building. I reeked of cigarette smoke the following morning which did not sit well with me. The staff were not understanding and charged me an extra night (cancellation policy) even though they caught the person doing it. I will never stay at this hotel again. The surrounding area is in poor condition. I would not recommend walking around the hotel.

Overall the hotel was cheap and the location was close to North Las Vegas - which was great for me.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Dont give out coupons for one free cocktail then take off the price of a coke. The order was 2 cocktails and a coke. I rather you gave me nothing. That is just greedy and another casino lie