Reviews of The Alexander Hotel 4 stars

4.8

6.1

4.8

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 2 Queens plus 2 Twins

I stayed in room 1505, the kitchen was nice , but it needs more utensils. Also we didn't get any blankets. The rest was perfect, thanks

The location, the beach, the environment

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

we moved rooms three times. the first day, First time was because it was the wrong room. second time was because their was bugs in the kitchen, and the last room we was put in the shower wouldn't turn off. We had to call front desk for them to send main. up to come fix the shower. We paid over $300 a night and I talked to the manager he said he was sorry but he will give me back $20 on each day. which was a total of $60. Very bad stay.

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 1 King plus 2 Queens

The pool water was so warm we couldn’t swim.

We paid for a room with a king bed and two queens. We got a room with three full beds. No compensation made for that. The room had a broken tv and broken toilet and a couple of other problems. No compensation made for that either. The whole place is under construction so all u here is load annoying noises and the building shaking. This was a terrible experience do not come to this hotel.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

Water leaking in my room. 1st suite assigned had no patio it was under construction. Roaches several in 1st suite.

View in the next suite since it had a patio. No roaches and the floor wasn't carpet it was a nice marbel floor.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

They are renovating, the furniture is old and dirty, the dinning area chairs are tore up, the carpet is dirty...there were tons of belongings in the closet because other people live there.. therefore the cabinets were locked.. it was terrible for the price that i was going to pay

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 1 King plus 2 Queens

The house keeping was poor at cleaning up the rooms, the shower drain was draining out the water really slow

The room was very nice so was the pool area

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

It was a real struggle getting small towels to the room. Almost 3 days in we received our towels we requested.

I loved the private beach behind the hotel.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

I didn't like that there was no options to eat in the facility. The breakfast menu in the shop was not accurate, they did not have half the stuff on the menu. Also there were quite a few tiles that were broken in our showers, but there were several restaurants within walking distance. I just wish that we could have got a discounted price on our room since it did include to breakfast vouchers that we could not use.

I love the location next to the beach. I also loved the size of our balcony. The room was very spacious, bigger than I thought it would be in pictures. The beds were comfortable in the water was hot :-)

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 1 King plus 2 Twins

The only thing is that the lobby was on construction and I got my shirt painted with oil dark brown paint, :-(. Next time you should set the reception in a temporary desk to avoid this.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

Roaches.Poor plumbing. Cheap room locks. Leaky toilets. Creepy hallway w/filthy carpeting. Creepy and unsafe passage to the hotel pool and Beach area. No assistance with luggage. Most staff doesn't speak or understand English.

The size and layout of the rooms. The Views of the Ocean!

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

The bulding is very dirty, our rooms were not what reserved, gift shop was closed allot, no restaurant open, no bar open, not even vending machine,

Location is great , friendly staff and unfortunately that's all.

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 1 King plus 2 Twins

House keeping didnt clean enough, never vacumed or swept and rug was nasty. We already knew about the construction so we didnt let that bother us.

Staff is friendly, hotel is right on the beach

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

When I get there no one told me the hotel was and their renovation my room did not have a balcony could not see the ocean of the beach was very disappointed if they would have told me that I would not have stayed at the hotel

I like the spacious rooms and the kitchen and dining room

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 2 Queens plus 2 Twins

Very old and unclean furniture, old and inconfortable bed, windows not cleaned, housekeeping one day out of two, ... It's not a real hotel, they are just managing small appartments but the equipment is defined by the owners

The location is ok

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

Don’t let the 3.8 rating encourage you. Our room was extremely dirty dust everywhere! Who knows if the sheets had even been cleaned. The worse part was that my daughter couldn’t sleep in the room because the fan on the roof had not been cleaned for what it looked like about 5 months at least! I understand they are going through renovations and that is great because it’s about time. Being a miami native I personally can’t wait to see the finish product of this building that feels like you’re going back to the 70’s.

The beach was the only good thing.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

I didn’t like that the building is under construction carpet smells an the facilities around the pool area was not in a good contrition also the pictures on the web side shows a diferent place I think it needs to be up grade I was desapoinment when I got there nothing looks like the pictures also the seats on the beach should be free for the costumers stying at the hotel

The pool an the beaches that’s was something good

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

Property was being worked on, cement dust flying on guest while construction workers wore mask,wonder if there was asbestos. Cockroaches , paint peeling exposing “MOLD” tv not working and broken blinds.

Staff was friendly, they manage the units for the owners so it’s not there responsibility for maintenance.

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 2 Queens plus 2 Twins

By far the worst property I have ever wasted my money on. Throw this entire property and it’s ghetto staff out. Disgusting. Negative zero. False advertisement. Don’t be fooled by the photos and descriptions. Pay attention to all these recent reviews. Rip off. So upset so disgusted. These owners should be ashamed of themselves. Filthy health hazard mold attitudes lack of customer service and straight up trash!

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

The hotel was still under construction and many thins were terrible. Noise during the day. They were placing tiles in the balcony of my room while I was inside (invasion of privacy as it was possible to see through the window). No breakfast area available. They didn't explain where it was the bar for the welcome drink. The store on the floor ground was very often closed, so it was not possible to buy a drink or food late on evenings. With all of that, I think the cost per night was way too much for the service provided. Aiming to comeback after renew to make sure that the construction was not the case of my bad impression...

Swimming pool was really nice and the beach in front the hotel is also really nice. The room was big enough and with good furniture.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

The trip was a nightmare rooms wasnt what was advertised online ,restaurants was closed building was under construction which means it was very noisy management was horrible and unfriendly

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

Staff were rude. Apt was not clean nor equipped. Construction is not minor there is a major project going on so it is noisy 6 days a week.

The view of the beach

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 1 King plus 2 Twins

We had to keep calling for wash clothes and towels, there wasn’t a restaurant in the hotel, there was a put together bar by the poolside, but wasn’t good at all.

The suites look just like the pictures online. The suite made us feel like home away from home. Great location. Doormen was extremely nice. Front desk reception was professional.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

not much to like the place is under renovations and the pool area was being worked on so if you enjoy the noise of jackhammers and construction works in the pool area this is the place for you

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

i requested for a room with working balacony!! DIDNT RECIEVE IT !! Balcony didnt work in my room !

Room was nice ! You can tell its old walking through buildings but room is okay !! Nice view out the windows of the ocean

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 2 Queens plus 2 Twins

Rude surly staff starting with the parking valet when we first arrived who wouldn't let us park outside the hotel while we unloaded the car - made us park round the side of the hotel next to the bins hardly a great arrival. This hotel is a building site to get to the pool you have to walk through the bowels of the hotel service corridors with water dripping from the ceiling - no beach towels available when we went for a 6pm dip. The pool itself is quite nice - lovely and warm - but you are looking up at a building site. I would also worry about the security here as the gate to the beach was broken and just permanently wedged open with a stone

The apartment itself was ok - good view from balcony

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

We were very disappointed the hotel was under construction and we were not informed of this before booking. The place has been seriously let go and is falling apart. One of the two pools was getting rebuilt and the back of the building by the pool looks terrible so there was drilling and workers walking and working while you tried to lay by the pool. The restaurant in the hotel was also closed getting renovated. The apartment we stayed in (914) was not clean when we checked in and the daily house cleaning was greatly lacking and some days nonexistent. There were roaches in the kitchen!!!! There were also a massive dead one by the pool under the deck. So there is definitely an infestation. I have pictures and videos of them. When I expressed the roaches at checkout the front desk person didn’t even apologize or was surprised whatsoever, he simply replied with okay I’ll note it as if it was nothing. Wow! One of the bathrooms was missing a sliding door so the water spilled out everywhere during every shower. That same bathrooms toilet made a loud water spilling noise 24/7. There was also an issue with a valet man whom accused us of trying to leave without paying for the valet even though it was only day 3 of our 7 day stay and when we explained that the person who took our payment at checkin never gave us a reciept he proceeded to tell me to be quite so he could “think” and started to take pictures of us. For a four star rated hotel and our first stay in Miami we were greatly disappointed and angry we paid the extra money for “better service” yet received a 1 star hotel treatment. Definitely will be going elsewhere if we ever return.

The location was perfect and so were the views

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 1 King plus 2 Queens

The pool area was very restrictive no music at the pool and one staff member was to gun hoe as far as telling what you could and couldn’t do

The room was nice

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

This place is run down and scary. At least the next 2 nights I stayed the condo was in much better shape but still not what I expected. There was a balcony but the floors were dirty and no furniture to sit on. Hallways are filthy and old.

Nothing. No restaurants within walking distance. Hotel restaurant closed.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

The property was supposed to have two pools and they were renovating how can I use my balcony because they were renovating but didn't disclose that information.

I like that it was convenient to the beach

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

staff was rude, did not answer our requests, room smelled wierd, decor was outdated, no one told us the 2nd pool and restaurant was closed

the rooms are spacious

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

We had an older suite, the air conditioning in the bedroom was not working. I told the front desk on day 1 and it was never fixed. When booking on line it said all 2 bedroom suites hsd ocean view or partial view, that was not true...Hotel was under remodel contruction during our visit also.

The size of the condo and the setup was perfect.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

The common areas are filthy. Doors, carpets, hallways. The restaurant is gone (Schula's Steak House), which is the main reason we went. The balcony was closed (NOT allow to use!!). Construction noise.

Location. It's still on the beach of North Miami Beach

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

Security is poor. Got 3 iPhones stolen under the nose of security. The beach door was never secured. Hotel needs extensive renovation but they falsely advertise their facilities/amenities. You have to go through an underground tunnel to get to the pool. Balconies are missing which was never disclosed online. Dirty. Yet, they charge the same as the neighboring hotels.Many hotels around. waste of money. Pls don't go there.

Love the space of the room.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

I hate leaving terrible reviews but this one takes the cake. This review includes minor sarcasm and major bluntness and honesty. Let's begin with check-in. What was supposed to be a smooth and quick check-in ended up being a nightmare. We arrived a little late due to traffic and it being Miami music week and all. We had a stacked schedule of events lined up so we wanted to make this as quick as possible. We arrived with our luggage and some groceries we bought from the nearby Publix since the hotel had kitchens. There were bellmen, but don't expect them to load your luggage, all they did was direct you to grab your own cart and load up everything on your own. Classy. 1st red flag. It's valet only at this place, which is $28 the night. That's fine, but we just wanted to leave our stuff and get ready for the night to head out again as we had $200 tickets to an event. The valet guy couldn't comprehend this, he still wanted to charge us for the full night even though we were about to leave in my car again... 2nd red flag. Use the public parking lot next door if any parking is available, they charge by the hour (most convenient). Walking inside, the place looks nothing like the photos, it's very rundown. They're renovating so that's good, but renovations look very sloppy and like they're taking a long time to do the whole thing as they've decided to stay in business and renovate here and there. Most hotels would close down certain areas or shut down for a few months and come back anew. Not this one, you're walking into the middle of the whole thing, so enjoy the noise and dust. Anyway, there's a security right by the entrance which is good and typically one employee at the front desk (keep in mind it's Miami music week, busiest time in Miami).

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

The whole building is under renovation and the floor we stayed on was filthy. Carpets/wall coverings/windows. The ‘suite’ was not cleaned for our arrival. Previous guests had had a confetti party and the carpet was speckled with it - clearly not vacuumed! The kitchen floor was dirty/sticky units very tired and work surface stuck with crumbs and grease. The shower head was pink from lack of proper cleaning - overall very disappointing welcome to Miami.

Sea view from room

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

Room was missing a lot of promised items like hair dryer, cooking utensils. Very dirty. Coffee, wad of hair, toothbrush, dirty clothes left from last visitor. Couldn’t use balcony. Broken Chairs, microwave and other equipment. Staff didn’t help with these and management was unresponsive. Tv didn’t work and the facet was continuously running; when facilities were suppose to come help we returned with someone putting a “do not disturb” sign on our door instead.

The pool and the proximity to the beach. Provided beach and pool towels. Bus stop near by. Food and drinks offered by the pool.

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 1 King plus 2 Queens

The staff was rude, the hotel was under contrustion.

The staff was very rude and the rooms are under construction so the rooms look like they’re falling apart. We had to switch rooms because our original room was full of water coming from the ceiling.

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 2 Queens plus 2 Twins

Construction was in the process.

Tha location was excellent. Staff was very accommodating. The only reason I am not giving all excellent because of the construction of the facility but it did not in any way disrupted my vacation.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

The pillow casing had stains on it. The tv was old. It wasn’t flat screen. The couch was so nasty you couldn’t sit on it... The thermostat did work

The carpets were nasty. The cabinets were falling off. The closest was filled with trash.

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 1 King plus 2 Queens

I feel as if, booking.com should have told us the hotel was under construction before we booked there! We paid a lot of money for 4 nights for the hotel to be under construction at our time of stay!

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

It was no hot water when we arrived had to wait because the whole building was out the manger guy was rude and nonchalant

The staff Daniel and Sergio was AMAZING

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

I was not given the property I thought I rented. It was old, did not have properly working showers, was filthy. Did not know it was under construction until after I booked and would be charged a cancellation fee. Was over charged by $1,000.00!!!! I am fighting this and will never use booking.com again!

Absolutely nothing.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

unfortunately not all amenities available at the time due to extensive building renos. noisy in the day.

property location excellent beautiful ocean view. suites are spacious.

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 2 Queens plus 2 Twins

The hotel was definitely ran down from what the pictures showed online. The staff and managers were extremely nice for all the people that complained for what they deal with every day. One day that hotel will be absolutely beautiful!

I loved the location and that it was right on the beach!

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 1 King plus 2 Queens

Where can I start? 1- We were welcomed by an irritated guest shouting in the lobby. We booked a suite with 2 bedrooms. One with king bed and the second with 2 queens. We were 4 adults two toddlers. We checked in into a musty mold smelling room. After going back to front desk we were moved to a “renovated” room which was clean but still did not get the king and 2 queens bed. Instead a king and two tweens bed. Went back to front desk and they apologized but said they dont have anything else available and offered to not charge the “ resort” fee for the first night. What resort? We were not able to do anything that day since we spent much of our first day going back and forth to front desk and changing rooms. 2- “Renovated” room had lamps where there were no plugs to connect, coffee supplies with no coffee maker. VERY uncomfortable beds. No room service unless you go and complaint at front desk. Flimsy furniture, not enough pillows, ...and I can keep going. 3- the hotel is under renovations. Thats not the problem, not even the noise during the day or the peeling-off paint on the exterior. The appearance of old furniture, boxes and crap in the lobby is depressing. 4- the only reason we did not move to another hotel was that it was spring break and not mich available around. This hotel needs to be closed for entire renovations. Ohh forgot the corridor to get to the pool area. Like a walk through the dungeons or a hospital morgue.

Location is great.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

As first time customers for the hotel the greeting was very poor and unprofessional. The front desk personel did not show us where the pool area was or if there was a bar or restaurant on cite. He only checked us in and gave us the room keys and that was all. He looked very annoyed when we would ask some questions. We get in our room it was very dirty. We ask for another room. The front told us it was for four people and when we go to check the other room out it was a one bedroom for two people and when we go downstairs to tell him that it was smaller he lies to us telling that "oh i am sorry did not know it was a smaller room but that is all they had available" So we ended up keeping our dirty room. The bathroom was not even washed. It had drops of urine in the toilet. The couches were so dirty and sticky. There was construction everywhere. Could not even stay in the pool area because of the noise that construction workers would make. They would also release a lot of dust which was coming in the pool area and couldn't even have a drink by the pool because all dust would be in your drink. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE. Not worth the money.

The room size. The fact that it was located by the beach.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

Nothing was as advertised. The pictures are not from the hotel as of today. The pics are from floorplans of what it should look like when they are done. The hallway carpet I stained, the couch in the room was stained. The balcony was restricted with a $500 penalty if you opened the door. It was a bad experience from check in to leave. They should not be allowed to call themselves a resort.

The sheets were clean.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

There was construction going on and one of the pools was closed and it was very noisy. I feel like they should have big discounts for the time of the constitution.

Great for the money. Large rooms. Very comfy beds.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

No blankets, got stuck on the elevator,bathroom sinks had food in them, place was sprayed with raid made me go into asthma attack, front desk rude, didnt get the room we paid for, carpetd disgusting,smells terrible, whole place under construction

Not 1 thing

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

Under construction, dirty room, maybe needs a new housekeeping supervisor! Everything looked old and worn out, second pool wasn’t open, either was hot tub! Parking $28 per day!

Location was perfect!

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

The hotel had roaches my son was cooking something in the microwave and a roach was in there roaches was crawling over the bathroom floor in the kitchen. I went to The staff at hotel to complain and show video of the roaches the staff was horrible never tried to accommodate me never I paid too much money to stay here and the manager never tried to offer me anything this hote is nasty and horrible NEVER WILL I EVER STAY HERE AGAIN WITH MY FAMILY NOR SELF INHADNTO SHAKE MY CLOTHES BEFORE I MADE IT HOME

I like NOTHING About THIS HOTEL NASTY ROACH HOTEL

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

While booking online, the narrative mentions the hotel is open while being remodeled but pics don’t show the extent of remodeling project We stayed at room where my wife and I couldn’t even walk outside onto our balcony. From the lobby all the way to the pool, construction tape draped doors, balconies, mezzanine etc. along scaffolds that were very prominent. Money isn’t a problem but when you charge $28 resort fee for a pool area that’s half way open then it becomes an issue. There’s nothing wrong with hotel being open while remodeling but please show true pics so as guests we can make an informed decision.

The location and the hotel hiistory. Having worked there as a teenager, my memory is of a first rate hotel.

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 2 Queens plus 2 Twins

Renovated unit didn't meet the expectations: no cable; TVs didn't work and didn't get fixed; very few dishes in the kitchen, toilet didn't flush, safe didn't lock and staff couldn't fix-had to replace it with a different one

Location - right on the beach

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 2 Queens plus 2 Twins

The toilets were repeatedly stopped up. We were locked out of our room for an hour one day. The staff were mostly new , not professional, and rendered very poor service. The suite was very old and in very poor shape

The proximity to the beach

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

The front desk staff being helpful and solving problems

The Manager was a lil helpful with the problem but would not exstend my stay once he moved me in a great room. I didn’t get that!

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

There is nothing here to be like .everything is so horrible

Very rude staff ,wet carpet and no towels at Motel plus no housekeeping staff ,there is no heat in the entire building.front desk not willing to help guest .

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 2 Queens plus 2 Twins

It looks to me that the hotel hasn’t been touched since 1986. I paid about $450 to stay for one night. I would value the room at about $190. The corridors were long pink and grubby like walking into a huge vagina. I know the are updating the hotel but the price should have reflected this. Absolute rip-off

Very little, no facilities

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

No restaurants available. We were promised two breakfast. Two drinks two water. We got nothing but excuses. No balcony no view of ocean. No where to have a drink or eat. It really ruined our start to vacation.

The size of the suite. That’s it we had to walk thru a horrible basement to get to the pool the hotel was nothing like the video online

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

Hotel was dirty ,,microwave broken ,Refrigetator broken we found dirty laundry underwear lotions bra one of the Room dirty, one of the bed broken Hotel is a disaster I don't recoment to no body I had bad experience

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

The place wasn’t clean, there were cockroaches in the rooms and even the bed, also there is no heating in the room and it gets cold during night. There are constructions going on in the hotel and they start early and loud, some of the workers even climbed onto our balcony without any warning from them or members of the staff. Parking was expensive as well and we wasn’t informed right about the it and they have misleading signs put up about parking which then lead them to be able to charge us for another day extra. The hotel is also in a bad place and far away from everything, to be able to go shop we would have to rent a car, taxi or at least 30 mins walk.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

Absoluty the cleanliness of the place, and second tha lack of support of the administratation of the place.

The hotel facilities were bad. Beds weren't comfortable, they didn't clean the room, and even though we complain, they didn't do a thing. We even find a cockroach on the room, really quite bad.

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 2 Queens plus 2 Twins

The hotel is under construction and almost all the amenities are unavailable . The staff has weird hours and you can almost never find someone at the front desk to answer questions. You will hear the noise of construction during the weekday. There were no clean towels offered to us any of the days and we had to keep hounding the staff for clean towels . Their response would be “ laundry has not checked in yet “. The first hotel we checked into was filthy , no bed sheets , no cleaning of the bathroom.

The hotel is a great price if you’re staying with a bunch of people because they only offer suites . We liked the price and how it was close to ocean drive .

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

I called the front desk to let them know that none of the TVs in the room were working and neither was the WiFi. They never called me back to let me know if the problem could be fixed, after I called them twice to ask.

I could walk to the beach, right from the hotel. The morning view was very nice and the rooms and bathrooms were clean. I had a fullest kitchen to make breakfast.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

I am speechless to describe my experience in this Inn I do want even to say hotel. cleaning is zero, stingy rooms, flush not working I had to fix it, pool is dirty.... everything was horrible.

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 2 Queens plus 2 Twins

Restaurants closed, breakfast closed, need taxi to breakfast and restaurants ad no convenience stores close, shop (to buy candybar to eat) not open until 9am, Services from cable company nown meaning no working wifi and no working TV, worn down public areas, not very helpful night desk. This is not ny any means a 4 star hotel.

Large suits, helpful desk (daytime), helpful concierge.

• 2 Bedrooms Signature Suite 2 Queens plus 2 Twins

Renovation works still ongoing No transat on the beach (additional cost)

Good assistance from staff upon request to change rooms because of renovation works Nice location, direct access to the beach

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

Was under renovation, which I knew about prior to booking. The renovations had not progressed as much as I thought they would have. There is NO ICE Machine to use.

The staff was excellent, polite and helpfull

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

As above wouldn't send a dog their

Nothing wouldn't recommend to anyone the rooms are scruffy curtains didn't meet blind slats missing just a building site 😡

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

Virtually everything about this stay was disappointing. It was under construction and the Booking.com site said that the construction was supposed to be completed by May of 2017. We stayed in October and it was still under significant construction. I was told by a gentleman at the front desk that the hotel had been under construction for over 2 years and there wasn’t a sign of it ending. We were promised breakfast for two each day. This is very tough to do with no restaurant open on site! We were also told that there were supposed to be two pools open. Only one was open and it was still under construction, with multiple pieces of construction equipment around the one pool that was open. Now, let’s talk about the room. This was a disaster! Electrical lines exposed all over the place. About half of the lights didn’t work. We had no balcony access due to construction. And, best of all, one of the sprinkler heads was leaking in the bathroom. There was a gigantic puddle that caused me to slip and fall. I was furious to say the least. I went to the front desk and over two hours later they put us in another room. It took this long because there was only one person working. I attempted to complain to management but they were, magically, not around to talk with. I tried multiple times to talk with management during our two night stay and never was able to speak with anyone other than the front desk attendant, who wasn’t empowered to help at all. When we checked out I again tried to speak with management, since we didn’t get nearly the amenities that we were supposed to receive, let alone feel safe in a completed hotel room. Very disappointing to say the least! Also, I called management multiple times after our stay and have still yet to speak with a human. I have only left voicemails and have had zero return phone calls. Stay away from this hotel, it is safer to stay on the streets!

The only positive to this hotel was the location on the beach.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

The place is under construction and I doubt that they should be taking reservations. The electrical outlets didn't work properly, tile floors without rugs amplified noise, one of the TV's was not connected to cable,balcony was not available for use due to construction. Hallway to the pool should not be for public use.

The staff were very helpful every time that they were called.

See above!

We were in room 1605. The main tv didn’t work they knew it didn’t disclose. The air conditioning was not good either, 78 degrees in master with thermostat at 55. This unit needs some help. The shower took 5 mins to get warm water. There was a tub in the master bath and a shower head. It needed to be replaced, it leaked water horribly. All other facilities were under renovation including pool. This unit needed to be updated desperately, carpet was worn out. There may be rooms that are in better shape but 1605 was like a super cheap old hotel except not cheap with a view. Maintenance staff was rude with an attitude. Front desk staff was unwilling to make an adjustment on the rate. I would stay away til the place is renovated!

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

The staff was misleading with the prices! I booked an oceanfront room deluxe and they put us in whatever they had available and they didn't want to refund me some of my money back for the inconvenience!!!! It was a mess! The smell in the halls was old and they had roaches 😒😒😒✌🏽 Never will I stay there again 🤞🏽🖕🏽

The location was great

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

I didnt like the fact that nobody advised us there would be construction goin on every morning in the hotel...Which woke us up every morning at 830. The house keeping department is terrible. They cleaned my room once in the 9 days I was there...I had to call the front desk about 4 times to get clean towels....

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

Old, dated and dreary. Price was way too much for the accommodations. Was supposed to stay for 7 nights, spent 1 night and we were outta there. Thank God for the very nice lady who worked at the front desk who had no issues with cancelling the rest of our stay. This hotel was definitely not for us and I would absolutely not recommend it to anyone.

The staff members were friendly and helpful.

• 2 Bedrooms Regular 2 Queens plus 2 Twins or 1 King plus 2 Twins

The room did not have cable television and WiFi. As a result of this I was unable to get any work done. I was also unable to watch any football games during my stay. I know that the hotel is under construction so I prepared myself. However, there was a heavy drilling noise directly over the room early in the morning. With all this said, I guess it was a reason to get out of the hotel room and spend more time away from the property. Very disappointed in comparison to my stay their previously.

I didn't have to wait long to get my car from the valet service.

Browse The Alexander Hotel traveller photo gallery