Reviews of The Alpenhof 3 stars

3255 West Village Drive, Teton Village, WY 83025, USA

#3 of 10 hotels in Teton Village

• Bavarian King Room

Too much money. I booked thinking the total was for 2 nights and later realized it was per night. Since it was a special vacation I let it go but it was a bit deceptive about pricing. the hotel could really use some renovations and new carpeting and updates for the pricing.

Location , location , location. It was comfortable and clean

I loved it as it is.

This hotel was like being in another place at another time The breakfast was great - both food and service. Stepping out onto the balcony revealed a. Delightful view of the village.

• Bavarian King Room

That one person could say “close the door, I’m cold”, and the door was closed. Maybe suggest finding another place for the complaining one, so the rest could enjoy the morning freshness.

Eggs were great, breakfast nicely served and excellent selection, staff attentive. Atmosphere inviting, liked the fireplace, nice touch.

• Bavarian King Room

I appreciated the closeness to the Tetons National Park and the wonderful view of the Tetons,. The atmosphere reminded me of my trip to Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The breakfast was also great.

• Bavarian King Room

I believe the Alpenhof is the original hotel in Teton Village. As such, it is older (about 50 years). This gives it a great deal of charm and history, which I loved. As much as I loved the hotel, it is the staff who set it apart. Staying at the Alpenhof was like staying at a friend's house that just happened to be an Alpine mansion. My partner skied but I did not and I was not looking forward to spending the day in my room leaning on a bunch of pillows on the bed trying to do computer work - but the Alpenhof redefined my idea of what "staying in" meant! When I asked if I might bring my computer down to the breakfast room and spend the day at one of their tables, the manager suggested I go to the Alpenrose dining room instead and sit on the couch in front of the fire. The Alpenrose is closed until 6:00p.m., so I basically had the room to myself with its panoramic views, although a fellow reader joined me later in the day. The entire staff were extremely accommodating and social - not only did they seem to enjoy the guests, but their fellow workers as well, making the entire atmosphere friendly and welcoming. The bed was comfortable, the water was hot and the pressure was great. The breakfast was incredible! Every day there was chopped FRESH fruit, yogurt, a variety of cereals, fresh-baked pastries and bread, eggs, sausage, waffles, a meat platter - more than any person could possibly eat, so I never became bored with breakfast. We ate at the Alpenhof each of the 4 nights we were there. We preferred the bistro, but all meals in both retaurants were excellent. The ambience of the Alpenhof makes one feel that they are in Europe, from the decor to the food to the generosity of good will and friendliness. The location is very close to the chairlifts. We enjoyed it so much that we have decided to return in the summer.

• Bavarian Double Room

Old property,needs remodeling. The road to get to the park is in serious need of repair. Would have chosen a place in Jackson had I known.

Breakfast was good.

• Bavarian King Room

Our first room was located directly behind the elevator. In addition, there was an issue with the television. When we requested to change the room there was going to be an up charge and the attendant was having difficulty make the change in the system (training issue?). The hotel had vacant rooms. Ultimately, our room was changed with no additional fee. However, the new room had a very slow drain in the bathtub. When I advised the front desk, they were supposed to send someone to fix it. When I returned a few hours later, the attendant said the issue had been resolved. Still experienced the same issue on the second day. Luckily, our reservation was only two days. I advised staff of the slow drain upon checking out of the hotel.

Breakfast buffet was good. Restaurant staff were friendly. Cookies provided each night were delicious.

Not handicap accomodatiing. Had to climb stairs to access the elevator and to get to the dining room. Had to climb stairs with all luggage to get to the elevator. The whole facility is badly in need of renovating.

• Tyrolean King Room

A/C room unit was noisy, but the weather was beautiful and we preferred to keep the window open. The only window was a sliding glass door that opened onto the pool deck. Some provision for securing the sliding door while partially-open would be nice. The room was dark - it had little natural light and could use brighter lights.

The staff was outstanding - everyone struck the ideal balance of informal friendliness and efficiency. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent.

• Tyrolean Queen Room

The bathroom could use a little updating, but the water was always strong and hot. After a long day of hiking this was most important!

I love the feel and location of this place. Also the staff were super friendly and the room was clean. I also loved eating out on the deck. Great atmosphere!

• Bavarian Double Room

Parking was crazy because of the Fourth of July.

It was nice and quiet. Even with the fireworks from the Fourth of July it was quiet. People were very friendly. Room was clean. I was tired from kayaking and hiking so it was nice to take a hot shower and left really early to head to airport for 7 am flight. Nice Views.

• Tyrolean Queen Room

Outside deck for breakfast and view, hot tub and sauna, easy parking across the street, great rooms. Great front desk staff. Very short walk to the free lifts (after 5 PM) to the top of the mountains and restaurant. .

• Bavarian Double Room

The facilities are past their prime. The carpets around the hotel and in our room were stained. Our room smelled musty. Breakfast was sad, all the drinks watered down. Not a great value and no amenities beside the pool.

Location was great. Short drive from the park and short drive to Jackson, which has better eating options.

• Bavarian Double Room

Guests of the hotel were allowed to let their 2 black Labrador dogs swim in the small swimming pool, repeatedly throwing toys back in covered with dog spit, for almost an hour. There must be a camera in that area and when I brought it up to desk staff they immediately looked up at what I assume was a camera, but denied having any knowledge of dogs being in the pool. The dogs in the pool were witnessed by myself, 1 of my sons, other guests outside of the pool and employees working at the rock climbing wall and mini-trampolines. Hotel staff indicated they could "have maintenance look at the pool". Barring completely draining and re-filling I don't know how that would help. Given the size of the pool my family could have just as well taken a bath with the dogs. Never in all my years of travel and stays have I ever had this experience - and none of my family members were able to use the pool. Staff didn't seem to care. Would have been nice if they could have at least offered some small monetary refund or perhaps a complimentary meal in the hotel-owned restaurant, but we received nothing. Very disappointing; nobody I've told about the experience has ever been in a hotel with dogs in the pool and all were quite surprised and couldn't believe the low level of customer service offered regarding.

• Bavarian Double Room

It is a charming European-style hotel with a lot of character. Our cosy room had everything we needed for our stay. The staff is cordial, friendly, and was eager to accommodate our needs. Breakfast was included in the room rate and featured a variety of hot and cold items. Cinnamon rolls were fantastic! They even serve milk and warm cookies in the lobby in the evenings! On-site restaurant serves lunch and dinner of traditional German cuisine. Good food and reasonable prices for the area. Would definitely stay there again!

• Tyrolean King Room

Chair in room falling apart; Sauna and Spa not hot enough (likely for safety reasons). Breakfast was OK, but not up to expectations.

Staff was exceptional; everybody from Bellman, Front Desk, servers, and Housekeeping was really helpful.

• Bavarian King Room

The dining room closed early so we could not go the first night when we arrived at 8:00PM, but we went the next day and enjoyed the food. The bedroom decor is dated. The room had absolutely no view.

The desk staff was nice and helpful (helped us book the tram tickets on line). The breakfast buffet was nice. The access to Grand Teton national park was quick and easy (there is a short cut via a small picturesque -partially gravel- road. Would love to come back during the ski season.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Bavarian Double Room

The restaurant server is not treating us the same as other guests and we felt we got a cold welcome. I don't know if it is because of we are Asians or other reason. But definitely this ruins the experience staying here.

Good reception and really clean.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Bavarian King Room

Bathroom was a little outdated

Excellent location right next to the Tram that takes you up to Rendezvous Mountain. There is a German Restaurant on site and breakfast is complimentary which is a plus. Bathroom was a bit outdate but otherwise clean. The bed was super comfortable and from our window we could see Grand Teton peak. There are several restaurants and shops within a 2 block radius and we enjoyed dinner and beverages at the Mangy Moose right down the street. Staff was super friendly!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Tyrolean King Room

For us nothing was missing Wery

The breakfast vas on of the best so far , the room was nice and big very clean with balcony . I would recomend to anyone.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Bavarian King Room

The pool was not heated when we were there and we woke up early to the sound of dogs barking in the pool area outside our window.

The breakfast was phenomenal and the room was very cozy. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Bavarian Double Room

The room was immaculate and comfortable. The staff attentive but also gave space. And the breakfast included each morning was perfect - good variety and a real time-saver.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Tyrolean King Room

They double booked my room, so they had to offer me a room with two queens instead of a King. Room was still nice, but would have preferred the king.

Great free breakfast and wifi. Rooms had an old charm to them.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Bavarian King Room

There is no refridgerator in the room, my partner was a little bummed about that.

The breakfast is awesome! The room and lobby are very quaintly decorated, very old fashioned. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Bavarian King Room

Snooty attitude from staff. Late breakfast - didn't start until 7.30 and staff weren't ready, so people were waiting and it was all a bit disorganized.

Large rooms, balcony, outdoor pool and hot tub.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Bavarian Double Room

We tried the Jagerschnitzel and the sauce did not come up to scratch: hardly any mushrooms, no taste, Bread not crispy, could have been warmed up

Breakfast until 11am, lovely croissants and baguette Lovely beds, quiet, perfect for a good night's sleep

• Tyrolean Queen Room

The dining room staff seemed surprised that anyone would request decaf coffee at breakfast. Even after I told them I'd be asking for it for the next 3 mornings, they always had to brew it up special for me -- which took awhile. C'mon folks....

Great location, "European pension" ambiance. Front-desk folks Sean and Billy were great, and informative of the local area.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Bavarian Double Room

The only thing we disliked was the price... which is completely understandable given the location. Other than that, we were highly satisfied!

From the moment we walked in, the staff welcomed us with a friendly greeting. The entire ambiance of The Alpenhof exceeded my expectations. Breakfast was fantastic and we ate at their restaurant both nights we stayed there. Highly recommend!

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Bavarian Double Room

When we arrived we had no room even though it was paid for a month in advance. Were sent to an "upgraded" room elsewhere - completely unacceptable room and location. On complaining we were given a room in the very nice an updated hotel next door. This one is in far better condition than the dated Alpenhof.

The free continental breakfast was very good - a good selection, better than the usual but then cost is higher.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Bavarian King Room

Dinner was a real disappointment. The waiter and staff vanished , my veal weinersnitzel was undercooked. They didn't offer salt and pepper we had to find it ourselves. Didn't know it was far from Jackson Hole

Nice choices for breakfast Fresh eggs and a European choice with meat and cheeses along with croissants and breads. Very nice people. Good pool and charming view to Tetons

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Bavarian Double Room

We needed a room with two beds which were full instead of queen.

The location was great. We enjoyed an evening in the outdoor hot tub with a great view of the mountain. The highlight was laying out on the lounge chairs by the pool looking at the stars could not ask for more.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Bavarian King Room

Definitely dated. Staff was ok, not very friendly. Tiny lobby, restaurant so-so. You can tell it was great decades ago when it was family run, but now it's a B- at best. Grand Teton Lodge is far better at slightly higher price.

Nice room with nicely done Bavarian theme. Convenient location.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Tyrolean Queen Room

Could do with a safe and a (small) fridge in the rooms. Just be a bit clearer about breakfast ordering on check-in - buffet until 10am and menu ordering until 11am.

The room. The Austrian/Tyrolean Style. The swimming pool. The facilities - would love to go back to ski in the winter. The balconies.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Tyrolean King Room

It would have been nice to have a small frig in the room - but other than that...there wasn't anything not to like at the Alpenhof!

We loved our stay in the original Teton Village hotel! The room was confortable and the staff was amazing. The location was central to everything and the food was delicious. A wonderful free breakfast every morning was a delight and so many selections! We enjoyed the polka band on the terrace Wednesday evening!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Bavarian King Room

not much really, maybe an elevator from the 1st. floor- up.

the bed was very comfortable. could of had a more comfortable chair to just in. Dillon and the front desk girls were very helpful and friendly, enjoyed that.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Bavarian King Room

Clean, friendly beyond necessity, perfect location, good extras, vg breakfast -and goulash at lunch! - no negatives at all - and we enjoyed being in Europe-in-Wyoming!

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Bavarian King Room

The photo of the Alpenhof was taken back when it opened over 20 years ago. So it was a shock to see all the hotels surrounding it rather than a wooded area that we were looking forward to. We weren't "blessed" with a balcony for our room but either were the lodgers with a balcony, since they overlooked other hotels and the non-private pool area. Said I was partially handicapped and husband was a heart patient upon booking 3 months prior to our trip and said we needed a 1st floor room if they didn't have elevators. They did have an elevator after you WALKED UP 5 STEPS WITH ALL YOUR LUGGAGE. You could pull up front to unload and load and had to find a parking place farther away. Inconvenient to say the least. You also had to walk up and down steps to get to the breakfast dining area. It was a splurge for us as we were looking forward to a scenic area. It was also very difficult to locate with all the other hotels and lodges, etc....around.

The staff was very friendly. The hot buffet breakfast each morning was delicious and plentiful.

• Bavarian King Room

The drain in the bathroom was a nightmare.

The breakfast is fantastic.

• Bavarian Double Room

It was outdated but very cute

• Bavarian King Room

first hotel to be built there in 1965. Gave a german/swiss feeling. Lovely backdrop of the mountains

• Tyrolean King Room

Great location! The ambiance was terrific! And we can’t quit talking about the delicious German food!

• Bavarian King Room

Great staff, beautiful hotel and amazing breakfast buffet. Very romantic ambience. We loved it and can’t wait to be back!

• Bavarian Double Room

Little worn, minor maintenance issues.

It had character, staff was very nice, restaurant on premises was quite good, breakfast in particular.

• Bavarian King Room

Ambience. The restaurant was very pleasant and food excellent.

• Bavarian King Room

Very nice place, great staff.

• Tyrolean King Room

Good food in restaurant,homely feel.

• Tyrolean Queen Room

Very old and outdated, stained old light fixtures covers, no microwave or refrigerator, no many outlets

Breakfast served was excellent

• Bavarian Double Room

Very friendly staff. Family owned and operated. Concerned that that your needs are being met.

Nothing in particular

The location, the decor

• Bavarian King Room

Restaurant had no atmosphere. Awful Tyrolean music and no candles. Plastic table clothes. Service so poor we walked out.

• Bavarian King Room

Clean comfortable room, great breakfast! Very very nice staff

Excellent included breakfast

The room needed renovation

Charming location and hotel

服务很好

• Bavarian King Room

The road coming to the location from the north

Location location location

Very expensive.

great staff, excellent restaurant, beautiful site.

• Bavarian Double Room

Small room, no fridge, noisy(i could hear what other people said outside the room)

Friendly staff

• Bavarian King Room

American breakfast Dinner menu did not appeal to us

• Bavarian King Room

Great stuff and good room. :)

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Quiet, peaceful. And beautiful Excellent breakfast

• Bavarian Double Room

Needs to be remodeled. Hard to find. Staff a little annoying. Very expensive for what it was.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Bavarian Double Room

breakfast is not very good. Very minimum

the décor is good

• Bavarian Double Room

The bath tub just simply will not drain, and pressure on shower is marginal. Breakfast is okay but not great

The location is great

good location

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Bavarian King Room

The whole experience gives you an authentic sense of a quant German house.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Bavarian King Room

Hotel is nice, the food is yummy.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Bavarian King Room

Breakfast buffet was skimpy and slow to replenish the buffet

Wonderful staff, great location, comfortable beds, clean room, nice balcony

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Bavarian King Room

Too many stairs to unload and load the luggage.

Very good breakfast buffet and good restaurant for dinners.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Bavarian King Room

Saw a black bear on the property

Beautiful grounds. Great breakfast incluned

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Bavarian Double Room

Service in restaurant terribly slow.

So comfortable. Excellent location to park. Service in restaurant was so very very slow. Food great.

Large menu for dinner.

Good size room, Very comfortable bed. Nice restaurant.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Bavarian King Room

Excellent service. Nice ambience. Antique furniture. Good food. Attentive staff. Everything perfect !

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Bavarian Double Room

Old building, broken furniture, old and dirty carpets

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Bavarian King Room

Stairs. Although staff helped with luggage upon arrival.

Bed was super comfy.