Reviews of The Alpine Inn & Suites 3 stars

560 Carter Street, Daly City, CA 94014, USA

#2 of 11 hotels in Daly City

I found a great deal and it worth it a lot

I was very tired after a long week, so we found this great deal in the last moment and it was great. After a nice camomile tea, I could relax and enjoy the hours that my body needed to rest. Had a late check out and helped a lot. The staff is very friendly :) thank you so much

Super cute spot.
    • Queen Room

The fridge in our room constantly made a very loud clicking noise. It didn’t bother either of us too much, but it might be a bit for folks who are sensitive to sound.

Super cute spot. Both my partner and I really enjoyed our stay.

Bad service & spoiled overnight stay

Spoiled night as the group of students (about 10 people) was dancing, shouting, drinking and turning their room in to a nightclub - just behind our wall. The receptionist could hardly do anything and was asked to call police. The motel is often used for such kind of 'events'. No breakfast, just coffee and pastry right of the reception desk. Waste of time and money.

Good coffee and pastry.
    • Queen Room

Included breakfast is standing up in narrow reception eating sweet pastry (pastry was excellent however)

Good coffee and pastry. Free parking. Direct bus to fishermans wharf

Great to have separate bedroom

Staff did not go out of their way to help - we needed a wine opener but was told they didnt have one as it had been taken a few months back... Clothes dryer was not working with warm or hot setting, i had to keep pushing for options and they did offer another heater to dry clothes in our room...also would be good to have at least minimum cutlery n plastic plates provided. Free "breakfast" is pastries and tea/coffee.

Great to have one bed in a room with the other bed in main room.

The cable did not work.
    • Queen Room

The cable did not work. We used our own fire stick. They somehow lost our disposed of our fire stick. I was given the manager’s email to contact him regarding the issue. He never returned my email. Additionally, the pictures are very misleading. The room is extremely small. The bathroom was tiny, with no counter space. There was no breakfast, as the tray in the pic indicates.

Wonderful place with an excellent location and views

The breakfast is just small store bought pastries so don't let the marketing fool you. My friend stayed there last year and he said they have even fewer options now. The pastries were fine but I would hardly call this any kind of breakfast. Not a big deal though, I loved this place.

I loved the room and the location. It was very cozy and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I loved how convenient the location was to the Cow Palace and how much parking is available and easy to get to. The beds were decent and I liked the separate bedroom in the suite. The coffee is free and pretty good.

It was a an overall great stay and was worth the price.
    • Queen Room

It’s hardwood floor so it will most likely get colder than other locations that offer carpeted flooring but this is a minor gripe of mine.

The decor was really interesting and the room felt more spacious than we anticipated.

it was really clean .

the breakfast ... it should of been a lot better atleast bananas apples or instant oatmeal... it did take a while to check in I felt the guy at the desk needed help there were 3 people waiting

it was really clean ..

Great deal!

Room was very cold and heater was undersized for room. It turned off and then immediately turned on again. All that off and on woke me up multiple times. Otherwise, this place was perfect.

Very clean, staff was friendly. Price was a deal for facility. Easy parking for San Francisco. The second bed was in a separate room—unexpected perk!

Very disappointing to see the Alpine Inn management try find ways to charge your room for anything.

A $50 dollar deposit was not refunded to me because I was charged for dirty towels, which was used to cleanup some coffee that my daughter had spilled my coffee in the morning. My daughter is 3 years old and accident do happen. The coffee needed to be cleaned up and didn't realize i was going to be charged for it. I was also was charged for damage to a door that we did not cause but yet they wouldn't believe me. The manager, Mauricio, was of no help and the whole situation was as if I was just being robbed of my deposit. There was also no vending machine at the location. The breakfast is enough to feed 3 people and then its all gone. But the main issue for me is that I know management will try to find ways to charge your room for anything.

Probably the only thing i liked was that the second bed is in a separate room.

Not worth the price.

Room was very cold and we do ask hotel staff for a extra blanket. They said they do not have extra blanket and the only choice is to turn the heat on. Unfortunately the heater not working very well.

Nice breakfast

Location was great for my daughters cheer competition at Cow...

The room was very outdated. Needs to be remodeled. Bathroom was very small. Heating and cooling system was right next to the bed so it was either very hot or very hot. Not much heat was getting to other room that had the bed. Showers were very outdated and small.

Location was great for my daughters cheer competition at Cow Palace. Friendly staff. I did like that the beds were seperated by rooms so it made it feel more personal.

It was private.
    • Queen Room

I got the room for 70.00, but when all was set and done, paid 110.00, now how is that???????????

I like the rates when they stick to the price they say.

9 out 10
    • Queen Room

No breakfast room. Just coffee machine.

Its was nice quiet and out the way from city. Very clean and staffs are very friendly and look after their guests. Would stay here again and recommend it. I stayed for 12 days.

This place is functional, but nothing to look forward to.
    • Queen Room

The property is smaller than I expected, and the "breakfast" was just some scones on the reception desk and a coffee/latte machine.

There were actually two bedrooms, good for traveling with extra people.

I really enjoyed the friendliness of the staff.

The breakfast could definitely use an upgrade. The apples were old and aside from that only offered pastries.

I really enjoyed the friendliness of the staff. The fact that the room had a seperate bedroom if you had guests with you was a bonus as was the cost.

Nice clean rooms across from the Cow Palace.
    • Queen Room

There was only one chair in the room . The breakfast box was adequate but all cold. The room includes a microwave so we could warm-up the donut holes.

Cabin style rooms mean that there is no neighbor above you. We could hear airplanes from SFO but not much people noise. The room includes a microwave and small frig.

No frills motel.

Would it kill them to put a hook on the back of the door of the bathroom? There is no place to hang pajamas or a robe when you shower. The previous guests’s leftover breakfast remained in the refrigerator.

Free parking. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

Greatest Day Ever
    • Queen Room

The staff in the front office was excellent I would tell anyone to go there it's quiet and they have wonderful staff that works with you thanks for the stay

It was not the most comfortable and too expensive!

Did not appreciate the $50 booking fee charge. It was not quoted to us at the time of booking. The accomodations were fair, but the charge was way tooooo much! We had difficulty with our phone service once we left.

Just the proximity of the medical center was what attracted us to this property.

Because of the cleaness of this hotel I would stay again
    • Queen Room

I'm a older man and I don't travel a lot. I needed to be at a jobsite for a period of time. This hotel location was close to that jobsite and had plenty of choices to find food for the evenings. Very clean was my room/hotel. I was pleased with this hotel and would stay there again if I need to. The price was also good especially for the area.

There have the parking in front of each room!
    • Queen Room

The reception guy is very cool...

There have the parking in front of each room! We just stayed a very short night but I think it was comfortable experience!

Comfy & quiet
    • Queen Room

Breakfast. Smelly musty room. No hooks in bathroom. Dirty tile grout. Wonbly toilet. Leaky shower. Dirty shower grout. Lousy wall painting.

Bed was comfy, nobody above me. Quiet

Good value with no sacrifices in quality.

The room was clean and quiet. Single level with parking in front of the room. The staff was very accommodating. Simple protein rich breakfast. Will stay here again.

Clean, easy to find parking space.
    • Queen Room

Breakfast is just breakfast-box (egg, yogurt, apple, cake) - it's not bad but just for information. Coffee/tea all may long. There were not place to eat except Your rooom. It will be great to have some tables outside

Clean, easy to find parking space. Breakfast is just box-breakfast (egg, yogurt, apple, cake) not far from the center- 30 min by bus ( bust stop is 4 min from hotel)

Small room. Noisy AC. Poor breakfast
    • Queen Room

Smallest room provided. Not the same rooms as the pictures. Toilet fills up. For a long time we believe as the floor has traces of water damage Small towels Breakfast included is not worth it. You get a mini box with yogurt one egg and fried sweet dough. Very noisy AC

Coffee machine at reception Friendly staff

The staff was great especially Nattalie.

All was great.

The staff was great especially Nattalie. Very nice and clean room. Location is also very good ( if you drive). I will come back to this place.

Off the beat path for to much money
    • Queen Room

In the middle of a residential No convenient stores closest fast food restaurant is 7 miles away closest restaurant is over 10 miles

the wood floors were great Not a fan of carpet

Perfect Place for San Francisco Tourists - Free Parking
    • Queen Room

- beds were a little small and hard, but still okay

- located on a hill in Daly City with a nice view onto the Bay - clean - short distance to SFO - very friendly staff - parking directly in front of the Appartment (plenty available) - very good access to Downtown San Francisco (just a 15 min ride by car) - plenty of shops & restaurants around

Nicely renovated property but very noisy

Unfortunately the walls are incredibly thin and the people staying in the room next to us yelled and stomped around until 3:00 in the morning-my bad is I should have just contacted the front desk to deal with it.

Nicely renovated property, very clean, staff was very nice

Drove my own car from SoCal, was there to tour SFSU, 15 min...

Everything is clean and private, but still a little expensive.

Drove my own car from SoCal, was there to tour SFSU, 15 min from campus 25 min to Golden Gate Park.

Great help, but the headboard gagged the maggot.

The headboard in the room looked like it was used heavily buy 2 people with greasy heads, and the pillows were resting up against the headboard when we walked in. Very disgusting! And no screen in the window meant lots of flies and Mosquitos! The shower was utterly useless because of its design, especially for someone 5'10" or taller.

Marcel was extremely polite!!

Liked having 2 separate bedrooms

No TV service on the first night. Several times could not get front desk to answer my call. Requested wake-up call on 4/24 never happened.

Liked having 2 separate bedrooms

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Good location to the City.
    • Queen Room

The reservation I made was NOT in their system! Fortunately they had one room left to rent. TRAVAGO will not get used again, ever! First time burned is once too many!

The box breakfast was a nice touch.

Great place to stay

The staff was very nice and took the time to let us know about the accommodations of the hotel such as when breakfast was served and how to use the WiFi.

Great alternative to expensive SF motels
    • Queen Room

Shower only suitable for small people

Nice room, parking space in front, no big distance to SF downtown, great alternative to expensive SF motels (we had a good rate for our stay).

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Atypical Accommodation.
    • Queen Room

The boxed breakfast has no resemblance to the romantic picture from their website. Parking on the hill is a bit difficult.

Unique side-hill, refurbished motel close to the Cow Palace. A real mixture of old and new. Coffee heaven.

Best for the price
    • Queen Room

Well bed was not the most comfy. The location is near cow palace which is o.k. If you're looking for a great location near public transportation, this is NOT it.

The price! It's a bang for your buck. It had just enough to get through the night. Free parking. The place is fairly clean with wood floors. Quiet. And it had free breakfast which is a hard boiled egg, an apple, yogurt and some donut holes. It was perfect for what we're looking for. Spent only 60 bucks. Perfect.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Acceptable room for a night unless you have inconsiderate neighbours.
    • Queen Room

There were no amenities (except a shower cap and shoe shine) and the room looked quite dated and was very small. The walls were so thin that we were woken up by the bed next door banging badly on the wall and a woman moaning loudly for a short time. This especially made the stay feel exceptionally cheap.

The room as ok, quite small, with an acceptably comfortable bed. The room had a fridge and a coffee maker. The receptionist was friendly.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Very convenient and affordable
    • Queen Room

Bathroom sink was missing the drain cover. There was an annoying drip during rainy weather, though it seemed to be outside the room. Perhaps water was dripping on to the exterior of the AC unit.

WiFi worked very well. Parking was easy and convenient. Everything worked as it should.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Staff is great.
    • Queen Room

Daily City is far way from everything. The air-conditioner disarmed all the time and wake up us many times during the night and the bathroom is big (good point) but also is very cold because of that.

Staff is great. Both receptionists that i spoke with was nice and helpful, also the lady who cleaned the room. Everybody is friendly. Free parking is perfect and also the coffee machine at the reception is good.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Good accomodation, bad shower, breakfast in a box.
    • Queen Room

Shower was switching from cold to warm and back, breakfast is just a box with a few items; which is okay if you have to catch a flight after that.

It is fun to have your own little house as a room. Beds were great, everything was clean. Very helpful staff

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

The housekeeping and office staff were wonderful.

There was no table and only one chair in room. We stayed 9 nights, our son and his wife were in another room for a week. There was no place for us to meet to eat our boxed breakfast. They had issues with the noisy, ill functioning heater in their room. The room rates were not consistent.

The housekeeping and office staff were wonderful.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Good value, clean
    • Queen Room

Hardwood floor very noisy, older bathroom, continental breakfast terrible warm yogurt. AC/heater very noisy, rattles when it is off.

Nice clean room, great price.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

It is a beautiful hotel on the hill!
    • Queen Room

Breakfast is basic. The facilities are kind of old. I have my shower dripping and that makes noises. I left my adapter in the room when I called them back they didn't really make attempt to find it, this is the disappointing part.

It is a beautiful hotel on the hill! Take a look at the picture, the view is amazing! Great location to go up north or to the south.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

good place to stay if you don't need internet

The wifi connection was too weak to work for more than a few minutes, and the TV didn't either, possibly because it needed the internet to work. For this reason only, we would probably not stay there again.

The room was aesthetically pleasing and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Repeat customer.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are stylish and clean. I felt the price was reasonable. I've stayed here before, and would happily return.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Have the best nights sleep, stay here amazing beds and clean comfort.
    • Queen Room

The beds were extremely comfortable, I am an insomniac and had the longest best nights sleep I have had in years. As much free coffee tea and hot chocolate etc. the staff were so helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

You get what you pay for

-The breakfast was disappointing, the gave us a box containing boiled eggs, doughnut and yogurt. -The internet speed was so slow.

It was good for the price paid

Two thumbs way up!!!!

Some guest parked on our spot in front of our room. I have kids and it was raining and cold back then.

the free breakfast, nice and kind staff, clean facilities and room, and good price.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Great staff and location; sub-par accommodations
    • Queen Room

The bed was worn and squeaky and the pillows were terrible. The heating/cooling unit was so old that we couldn't read the writing around the dials, which meant the room got too hot and dry and we woke up feeling awful. Towels were scratchy and there was a dime-sized hole to the outside that was half covered by the soap dispenser (we think they measured wrong when installing it?)--so though our room was hot, the bathroom was cold.

The staff was wonderfully kind and accommodating. The location was quiet, easily accessible, and had a beautiful view (from the parking lot). Loved that the room had a fridge and microwave. Plus, the price was more reasonable than other hotels in the area.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Perfectly convenient location for attending the SF Dickens Fair.
    • Queen Room

Nothing, really. This place is small, but units are well-maintained and clean.

These units are small and not "fancy," but they served our purpose perfectly as we needed accommodations close to the Dickens Fair. This place was within walking distance. The room was clean and decent, if not exactly roomy. The bathroom and shower were tiny, but again, adequate. This isn't a 4-star hotel, just clean, affordable, convenient accommodations. The staff were awesome and very accommodating. We would definitely stay here again to attend this event again.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

AlPine Inn and Suites 2016

Door lock was malfunctioning and the HDMI cord was defective, so no TV. The evening people weren't very knowledgeable or assertive about moving us to a better room!They took $20 off the room for 2 nights.

The convenience of the location!

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

The overall feeling of the place, the staff and the look was...
    • Queen Room

I felt like the bathroom shower could use an update. It almost cheapened the place a little bit.

The overall feeling of the place, the staff and the look was fantastic. Very comfortable place to spend a weekend away.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Good for a sleepover when driving by
    • Queen Room

The girls at the reception where extra friendly and eager to help with everything. Consider the price for this motel and don't expect too much from it. We just needed a place to sleep for one night. More time than what we spent here would most likely have a bad influence on our trip.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Good location and value for money in terms of SanFrancisco
    • Queen Room

Noisy walls Location is not "the best". I would not advise you to leave a hotel at night time in that area :) Noisy refrigerator - had to turn it off

Friendly staff Good enough WiFi Free coffee machine ! Free Parking (rare in SF)

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

A very good value, a caring, nice staff, clean rooms and lots of charm. I'll stay there next year

I like to leave the fan on the A/C on manual as white noise. But the unit didn't seem to have that feature.

Charming throw back to the 40's. Little bungalow style rooms. Very nostalgic and funky. Clean laminate wood floors. A nice European style box breakfast - hard boiled egg, yogurt and pastry.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Luckily we spent ONLY 3 nights there!

Breakfast: 1 apple, 1 egg, 1 youghurt, but there is no place to eat it, except top of your bed. AC is loud, bathroom ventillator is loud, frigde is loud.

Coffee machine is cool at the reception area :)

Great way to spend a few days seeing SF

We couldn't fault it as there were no disappointments

The staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. Beds very comfortable and for the area great value for money. We stayed here as value alternative to downtown SF and are delighted with it. On the Sunday morning we were parked at Pier 33 35 minutes after leaving the hotel. This is not a five star hotel but is a very good three star with space, comfort and really well kept and clean.

Nice and helpful staff, clean room, free parking, bus stop...

They should imporve breakfast. Breakfast was the same every morning, first day it was good but on the 3rd day I would have eaten something else.

Nice and helpful staff, clean room, free parking, bus stop is very close. Free coffee.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Strongly not recommend this hotel!
    • Queen Room

We booked very quiet the room. But, when we check in motel, us were offered a very noisy room next to the road. It took 30 minutes to convince the staff to give us another room. Although the availability of the motel other same quiet room, because after us, was populated several families and companies. WiFi is not working. WiFi work is only on reception desk in administrator network. There is a problem with the return of the deposit. Cash on deposit motel does not take. Only blocks $ 50 on the card. Back deposit was returned only to fight. The presence of the deposit they explain the fact that the hotel's guests can spoil the furniture in the room or smoke in the room. At the same time, all the rooms that us were shown, were smoky and were damaged sink or furniture or appliances. Very convenient excuse, so do not return deposit. Be careful! One of the worst hotels in which we have ever and where ever stayed

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Short but sweet
    • Queen Room

We had only stay for 3 days and 3 nights.The staff was extremely nice and helpful. Wasn't a 5 start hotel but they really tried their hardest to make your stay as pleasant as possible. it was also really clean.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Helpful staff, comfortable bed, big room, very-very clean...

Everything was fine.....maybe just low temperature during the night in the room (but you can heat it with EC)....not expect too much from breakfast... not all bathrooms are after reconstruction....

Helpful staff, comfortable bed, big room, very-very clean (really exceptional cleaning ladies! ).....silence around- but not too far from city....washing machine and coffee machine- the best coffee what we have had in the USA....

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

It was avery nice and comfortable stay and I would stay there again.
    • Queen Room

They should mark the parking spots in front of each unit with a room number. I came back several evenings to find someone in my spot.

Staff were very friendly and access was very easy. They have a coffee machine at the desk that will make just about any type of coffee that you like.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Good driving location for downtown.

No wifi reception in the room had to go outside, Rooms are dated, Breakfast comes in a box but free coffee is good.

Good driving location for downtown, big rooms & quiet.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Trying very hard, just not good enough
    • Queen Room

The breakfast boxes were way to small in quantity and quality. The room shower was very small and hard to operate, the room itself was lacking even a chair...

The hotel staff were very nice and careing. They did thier best but certain things were out of their control (breakfast quality and quantity, room size and features etc...)

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Wonderful surprise
    • Queen Room

What a wonderful surprise! We struggled finding decent accommodation that is also affordable in San Francisco. Alpine Inn & Suites was a wonderful surprise! Very clean and comfortable, quiet and free parking!

Good price and two rooms

Break fast was just coffee and croissants

Price , two rooms in twin beds , wide room.

I feel i should get discount next time

I DID NOT GET MY 50. BK FROM DEPOSIT

I SPENT MY LAST 600 PAST 4 DAYS NOT GOOD. I COULD GOT ROOM FOR WEEK. 7 DAYS 600. THATS BS

nice stay
    • Queen Room

Hotel has great and helpful staff! the laundry facilities was a bonus for us! We loved the coffee, was amazing!

The Place To Gaze

I like everything. There is nothing I did not like!

The fact that it is up on the hill. Nice view.

The outside looked nice.
    • Queen Room

The beds were hard. The hardwood floors made every noise super loud. The air conditioning unit was very loud and noisy.

The outside looked nice.

Very clean room and quiet.

Area wasn’t that great.

Very clean room and quiet.

Decent for price. Could be better
    • Queen Room

Not enough towels. Walls too thin. Could hear neighbors tv all night. Breakfast was poor. Coffee machine was really nice!

Shower cap provided :)