Reviews of The Andrew Hotel 4 stars

75 North Station Plaza, Great Neck, NY 11021, USA

#2 of 2 hotels in Great Neck

• Deluxe Double Room

Bad clientele present around hotel unsavory types glass partition giant guard dog...Who the neck stays there I wonder?

Lovely dog behind the bullet proof glass....classy NOT

The hotel is quite run down with old fixtures and HVAC units. My room smelled like urine. The walls are paper thin and I had to leave the first room because of a barking dog and broken deadbolt. The mattresses are older than I am. The restaurant was closed during my stay, but I wasn't compensated for that. Other restaurants in the immediate area were meh and/or closed early. At the end, the valet parking attendant actually asked for tip money!

For the most part the staff had a great attitude and appeared to want to help me.

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel don’t show any where that is Asian/China town. They were rude! They didn’t speak to us. They stared us down like they’ve never seen black people before. The shower are hard to figure out the correct temperature. We had to move rooms 2 times.

The beds were very clean and comfortable. The showers are high in pressure

The location was poor with no free parking. The room was not clean and extremely small for the price. The noise of the next door neighbor guests was ridiculous and non-stop! I WANT MY MONEY BACK😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

The Robes..... That’s it!!!!

• Deluxe Double Room

Rude, noisy guests in hallway + thin walls = no sleep (1 night of stay). Same guests smoked in stairwell.

Location! Walk to LIRR, restaurants, stores, movies, bank, pharmacy, supermarket.

• Deluxe Double Room

The housekeeping was not quite up to par - but the rest of the stay was amazing.

The location is absolutely perfect. Walking distance from delicious food and across the street from the LIRR train station. 25 min ride to Penn Station.

• Deluxe Double Room

Ants, didn't replace the sheets, breakfast was very basic,they charge for parking,Parking is very small.they take 30 dollars deposit per day they don't even say anything about it when you check in and they return it after 4-5 days. Constant noise in the night had to call them 4 times before the noise didn't stop just got quieter (means teenagers renting rooms and slamming the door every two minutes and yelling and making ridiculous amount of noise it was impossible to sleep. Some of the staff was very nice and some it feels like the doing you a favor by doing their job

The location is good. close to the train in the center of the city. most of the other ones are too. we choose it because of the reviews and that was as described.

• Deluxe Double Room

Being that the restaurant was kosher, room service and the hours it was open to dine in weren’t convenient. Be prepared to venture out. There are a ton of local options.

Free upgrade!

• Deluxe Double Room

Thin walls, loud toilets, TV didn't work, no accessible fridge for our kid's milk. Both rooms on either side were very loud throughout the night.

Valet was affordable. Close to many attractions and the train. Staff was very helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room

Staff was not that friendly and we found it insulting and unprofessional fir a valet to stand next to the window of our for an tip as we wete planning our route to a funeral for the 27yr old daughter of a dear friend.Milk and yogurt products were curdelled at breakfast service.

Extra needs (toothbrush, mouthwash) were met quickly.

We were there so we'd have a place to "crash" after a New Year's Eve wedding in Brooklyn- also convenient to where my daughter was staying overnight in Bayside. Not that it was all that important, but the TV did NOT work- we could not get any regular channels to even watch the news. Annoying.

The water pressure in the shower was horrible. The night stands and floors were dirty. The television was extremely hard to watch as the picture and sound were blurry (when it worked).

• Deluxe Double Room

We were there for 6 nights and never figured out the shower! One tub filled up with water every time we took a shower, the other either burned your skin off or froze you.

Very comfy beds. Room was clean and spacious. Staff did a great job of accommodating our large group. Plenty to walk to, and convenient to LIRR.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Continetal breakfast not enough choices. Would like to make an omelet

The staff very helpful. Put my Gallon of distilled water from previous visit in my room prior to arrival

• Deluxe Double Room

Water pressure not great and bathroom tight. No instructions for the television.

It was spacious for myself and another person but I wish there were rooms with a queen and one double so it would accommodate a married couple and teenager

• Deluxe Double Room

We checked in on Thursday evening and were very tired. The receptionist was not welcoming and pretty cold. He gave us the wrong breakfast times, instead of until 9am, he said it was until 10am, he was probably mistaken in the day and thought it was already weekend. We came t to the tiny breakfast room (really tiny!!) at 9:45 without having dinner the night before as we still had a jetlag from the travel...so we were very hungry! The lady who works from there names Maria from said the breakfast was finished but I explained the situation so she agreed to take some things for us out of the fridge. I was travelling with my 14 yo daugter and this was her first travel the US which already made a bad impression on her. At the reception we received a small aplogy and that was that. The hotel was very busy and fully booked which resulted in a lot of noise in the corridors also early in the morning. For the rest it was ok, room was good and beds were comfortable, however no justification for a such a high price (more expensive even than the 4* hotel we had in Manhatten!!)

• Deluxe Double Room

Location very close to transport to Manhattan, family in Great Neck, shops, eating places, banks etc. smaller hotel, very friendly helpful staff, good breakfast choices, comfortable beds. We are repeat guests over the last few years and the staff know us and remember our names and family.

• Deluxe Double Room

Not enough outlets for today's traveler with lots of electronic gadgets requiring charging up.

The location is ideal for a visit to metro NYC. LIRR station across the street affords a 35 min ride into mid-Manhattan. Rooms are very clean, comfortable and affordable. Staff is very helpful. Breakfast room and menu are first rate.

• Deluxe Double Room

Could use a bigger breakfast room. Put TV in breakfast room on mute with captions. It is very intrusive.

Phenomenal location. Easy access to NYC. Nice local town to walk around with good restaurants. Hotel has very good staff.

The rooms are in desperate need of being refurbished. The mattress was so bad that I asked for a board to be put under it; they didn't have any. The television was so old that the picture was blurry, watching a tennis match was out of the question, the closet was a wood box with a curtain, the in-room phone system did not work, we could not call the desk when the only elevator in the building broke. The only reason to stay here is the location and the staff knows it and doesn't seem to care about anything else.

The only reason to stay here is access to the train station.

• Deluxe Double Room

There was a strong smell of humidity at the room. certainly it was really uncomfortable. Room needs better cleaning in the carpet. It was very dusty.

Good breakfast!

• Deluxe Double Room

Very comfortable bed and pillows. Bathroom toiletries very nice. Breakfast was convenient and had a variety of items, including two Kuerig machines that provided for a nice variety of coffee, tea, and hot cocoa. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Staff very helpful and friendly.

Fire alarm went off during my stay due to being tripped by another , also it's valet parking only and the price isn't included with the stay or u have to park on the street and still pay after 6pm parking should be included as

Early check in time due to early arrival

The room was very comfortable and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was very good and the location in Great Neck was right next to the train station and we were able to drive farther out on Long Island without much traffic hassle!

• Deluxe Double Room

We had to switch rooms because, after telling the desk clerk that we wanted a quiet room away from elevators and ice machines, she placed us next door to a woman who the staff apparently knew played her TV so loud that it sounded like it was in our room. After the room change, we got the quiet we were seeking.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

What a surprise experience. I am always a big brand loyalist, but the value, location and walking distance to LIRR and local restaurants was really special.

heat is turned off even though it is 40 -50 degrees outside, not enough electric outlets in the room, bathroom is small, the suite has a door to the outside when has very poor covering to the light coming in in the morning, rooms need a makeover No scrambled or over medium eggs available for breakfast, just hard boiled with little selection for healthy habits

clean hotel. good service response to problems, parking attendant was very helpful

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Tired of hard-boiled eggs each morning as "the protein", but not sure what reasonable alternative you could offer. Already had peanut butter packages.

Breakfast choices of yogurts, bagels, cream cheese, cereals, Great coffee selections and fruit. All staff attentive.

• Deluxe Double Room

Everything was fantastic. They even gave us extra coffee for the room the afternoon we arrived! !

Great location as we were going to Kings Point. Good to have parking in site. Glad breakfast was included especially Saturday.. 12 noon checkout a plus

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

This was the most disgusting place that I've ever stayed at in my life! Filthy, unsanitary, gross! I found leftover food (from a prior guest) in my room. The horrible management offered to refund only 25% and a free stay next time. I'd rather sleep on the street since the street would be cleaner! Stay away from this dirty dump!

Not a thing

• Deluxe Double Room

I wish there was a gym facility. I didn't try to go to NYC sports club since I would have only had one, maybe two, days to do so.

Clean room, pleasant staff, valet is convenient. Very close to several restaurants and a nice area to walk around.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The bathroom needed more shelves and hooks. It was small, which wasn't a problem, but there was no where to put things. A large makeup mirror would have been nice, too.

Excellent staff and service. Tastefully decorated. Comfortable bed and room. Nice breakfast. A quick walk to nice restaurants and shops. The NYC train was 2 minutes away. Very convenient!

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Location across from Long Island Railroad was very convenient. Many restaurants in walking distance, including one very good one in the building. Friendly staff. Good breakfasts.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Pictures look better than actual. Hard to get to valet at times. Seems like there is a venue or restaurant for events downstairs. People attending the event were often blocking the entrance to the valet.

Great location. Close to LIRR, restaurants, and shopping.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

The breakfast could have been available a little later on the weekdays. But it was still nice with plenty of options. The photos are accurate, but make the rooms appear larger and more open than they actually are. Still not bad rooms though. The bathroom was tiny, but again, it wasn't awful.

It was really close to the train station, which was perfect for traveling into the city. The staff was really friendly. Nobody made noise complaints which surprised me. The beds were comfortable, and there were plenty of fluffy pillows. 10/10 a great place for a weekend getaway with lots of loud sex.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The parking was easy. Very warm welcome. Printed directions without asking. When we checked out my son forgot his ipad, and they called me 3 minutes after I left. We went right back to get it.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Bathroom and temperature control. Very small bathroom, rather uncomfortable. Bed was decent, but temperature control was "hidden " behind a lamp. Breakfast was not well attended, so Danish pastries often ran out.

Cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Noisy ventilation in bathroom and no printing facility in reception

Complementary breakfast, situation of hotel as it was close to restaurants, shops , trains and bus station

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

I have zero complaints

We loved it! This was our first time in Long Island - I had an appointment with a spinal cord disease specialist. I felt safe and slept well. The staff was very kind and courteous. I would definitely recommend this hotel to fellow sufferers who will be traveling far to see the same specialist.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

I wasn't super happy with the "valet parking". The parking spaces were right in front of the hotel entrance, and the idea that a valet parked my car there and then drove it 10 feet when I needed it seemed ludicrous. And then to be charged a daily rate for that service was nuts! Also, when I checked out I never got a receipt or a copy of a bill to take with me. Odd.

The bed was very comfortable. The location was outstanding! I could walk everywhere, to dozens of restaurants and shopping places. The train station was right across the street, though I didn't need to use it.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Noisy location with bus station and idling buses right in front. Double windows helped but need for fresh air required keeping them s open. Through the wall AC was noisy. The breakfast was shabby. It was not well presented and poorly stocked and restocked. There were several coffee makers. They did have hard boiled eggs, yogurt and an assortment of small muffins and danish. They were out of toast that morning. They could do a lot better here, a smiling attendant and showing that they cared would go a long way. Parking was $13 but ended up being more by the time yo tipped the attendant. The bathroom was updated but the toilet was extremely low. Had nice touches like q-tips and cotton balls but then had the worst toilet paper.

The place was updated a few years back and was well kept up. the bed was comfortable. The front desk staff was polite and helpful (but a bit stiff).

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Parking charge of $13 plus you felt obligated to tip. Fridge & microwave were included in room booking. Upon arrival, hotel attempted to charge for them. Also, fridge was not operating well; which necessitated a replacement. Second fridge barely acceptable in keeping items cold.

Location was excellent for access to LIRR & restaurants!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

We arrived about an hour before check-in, but we were here for my cousin's wedding so we had to hustle. Frank, the manager was awesome in getting us checked in early. Staff was great, down to the valet/bellhops. Food, shopping and CVS - even a park - are within walking distance. Great spot for a hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Staff was very kind, attentive, and welcoming. Great small town to stay outside of NYC and commute in each day. The train station is right across the street. Cathy at the front desk was terrific as was Willie the bellman/valet.

• Deluxe Double Room

clean facility and very friendly staff.

Very clean

• Deluxe Double Room

Air conditioner was noisy.

Staff were efficient, friendly, very helpful; room was clean and comfortable

Parking. $13.00 valet per vehical. No points given if you return

Surrounded by restaurants and stores within walking distance of the hotel.

dingy

Hotel needs renovation great

No refrigerator in the room to store my stuff

Willy, Albert and Frank are the best!

Could have had a larger variety for breakfast

Room was amazing, staff was very friendly and great at accommodating our needs

• Deluxe Double Room

Walls are paper thin. You can hear everything!!! No hot breakfast

Very clean hotel

• Deluxe Double Room

Because y'all don't have nothing microwave and refrigerator

Not

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

The continental breakfast. I was hoping for Bacon, or a meat with eggs to make an omelet

The Valet staff and front desk extremely helpful

room was small

way TOO small and old. Not a Kingsize bed

Having a great Kosher restaurant on premises.

• Deluxe Double Room

No coke machines on property, had to use wet bar in room.

Close to metro station

• Deluxe Double Room

Perhaps we got to the continental breakfast during the last half hour, but the choices and quantities were sparse.

• Deluxe Double Room

Property needs an update, beginning to look a bit shabby

Beds and cleanliness.

• Deluxe Double Room

Nice clean area, valet parking, courteous staff

• Deluxe Double Room

Room smelled musty and sheets had crumbs and dirt on them.

Staff amazing and very helpful!

Parking should be included, 4 sure, and rooms need to be updated

Rooms can be updated a bit.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Inferior breakfast - Holiday Inn and Best Western are better. Room air conditioning was not operating well.

Great staff and quick service

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Weak breakfast

Excellent Location

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Would have liked if you had kosher breakfast as an option.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

My stay was fantastic. I had nothing to disapprove. The service was great.

Great location The staff was very professional and courteous

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Breakfast choices

Helpful staff

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Please send my receipt via email - I never received it!!

Quiet environment, friendly helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Very comfortable and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. The morning parking valet made the day start off great with his smile and conversation.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Too much band music after 11PM. A caterer is in the same building. I complained and they reduced my rate.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Showers could be better. Breakfast could be fresher.

Close to train. Good value. Room size was great.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

bellman need to be courtesy

Location, convenience

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

room was a littlr humid...

Valet is great!