Reviews of The Best Western Pentagon 2 stars

2480 South Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22206, USA

#56 of 77 hotels in Arlington

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

It was a great choice for the price and the service.

I should have asked for a handicap room so that was my fault, but it was tough to go up and down stairs for my mother, even a step into the bathroom.

The breakfast is well run, quick, fast and friendly service. Very large selection- good coffee too. The staff from the check in/out and drivers were kind, knowledgeable and hard working.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Good stopping point because of nearness to airport and metro

Staff not helpful with suggestions about dining in the area Were pushing the comfort inn next door which wasn’t very appealing Would stay there again

Excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Meals were good and hot.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No elevator, room hot, smoke detector hanging off wall. Ice machine was clear over into a separate building

Meals were good and hot. The shuttle service was great

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

It was ok for a short stay

Run down Room the toilet ran non stop told the front desk and nothing was done , also the faucets were all leaking the bathroom door was all rusty

The breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

I am not coming back to best western.

I got the room all the way in the back on second floor however I does not matter. My appointment got delayed and I called the hotel and told them how much will they charge me if I check out by 5pm and 2 staff person told me I will be charged about $60 more. I was fine with it but I spoke to the staff in the morning and she told me she will charge $119 full price. I think staff needs to have better training why they were telling me wrong things to begin. Well I shortened my trip and rushed on my appointment and checked out around 12 to not to charge $119.

The breakfast was okay but I did not like the idea of meet and vegetables in n same hot pans. The meet should be separated from vegetables because I wanted the potatoes but it was next to pork so I did not eat potatoes.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Great staff, location and food. Older rooms need a few updates like plugs.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It is an Old building, fan was broke in bathroom so we moved rooms, ants everywhere if we had food out. Plug not working in new bathroom.

Staff was fantastic, room was clean and bed was comfortable. Location was great. Provided free shuttle to metro but be prepared to wait long lines in the morning. Best part was the amazing breakfast.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Our room was very clean and comfortable.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was a floor level corner, so it was a bit noisy. You could here the carts rolling down the walk. We could here the people beside us. We had to wait for a while on the shuttle and the motel and the metro stop.

Our room was very clean and comfortable. It was convenient to stay there and get the shuttle to the metro. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would leave to tour DC and come back and the room was cleaned up and fresh towels.

Breakfast was ok.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

There were ants at the room (around main door and beds) and they didnt want to change us!! Worst thing was that they finally changed our room but the first one was given to another clients! Rooms REALLY NEED a renovation and of course, cleaning service very poor

Breakfast was ok. Near to DC, it takes you 15mins to get dowtown

extra size bed
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

noise from outside no sound proof inbeween each room bad view mosquitos tiny bathroom slow staffs response

extra size bed spacious room size good location for DC trip

Disappointed

The hotel is extremely run down. It ceilings are low and sag in places. The desk help was nice but there is no one to help you with luggage. No elevators only stairs to reach the upper floor. We would never go back or recommend.

Comfortable beds and pillows. The breakfast was good.

Great Stay!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The overall look seemed clean and that was the main objective of the stay. But where it was renovated by the bathroom door and the night stand and lamp seemed slightly dated

The overall stay was wonderful and the staff made the experience better as they were more than accommodating to us. The beds were so comfortable and the fact that there were more than two pillows was a definite plus!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

I will not stay here again.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The first night my air condition's fan didn't work properly, I put a request for service in. It was looked at but still didn't work, another service request placed the second day, again didn't work. I was moved to another room. the new room had very little water pressure at the shower, service request made, not fixed. Daughter and son-in-law's room smelled. In friends room the refrigerator made a high pitched squeal when plugged in. The free shuttle in the evening was always full when it reached the metro station from the airport so we had to wait sometimes for the third or forth shuttle to arrive, they run every half hour but if you have to wait for the forth shuttle you added 2 hours to your day. One evening we witnessed a man sitting with a preteen son on his lap in the front passenger seat as the shuttle drove off. That isn't a safe way to provide transportation for your guests. Before checking out I wanted to get a bottle of water from the vending machine, both machines were out and the one kept part of my money. I wanted to get a bottle from the Rewards case ( I joined the Rewards program when I checked in) the front desk employee, Charlie refused to allow me to have a bottle of water because I had one when I checked in. You would think with all the inconveniences I had the hotel would gladly give me a bottle of water.

The absolute best feature of this hotel was some of the staff. A gentleman named Chauncey made the whole stay bearable, he works front desk and really went out of his way to help. There was also a lady that worked with the free breakfast and also worked evenings at the Comfort Inn's dinner service, I'm sorry I don't know her name but she was so pleasant I looked forward to seeing her.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

It was nice stay for us, wonderful customer service!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower

Nothing.The hotel can be update itself but wasnt bad I would stay here again..

The hotel is a little dated but the customer service was phenomenal! It was comfortable and clean at a great location and price!! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Excellent location. Service was super

More flowers

Everything was supurb. The breakfast was excellent. The customer service was above & beyond. Chauncy at the front desk was awesome.definitely a winner on your team. Very professional and attentive to my personal needs. His attitude was outstanding.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Overall Family Vacation

The rooms are old and out dated. This location is hazardous as everything is plugged in using an extention cord due to no ground plugs in the rooms

Staff was very nice and helpful

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Overall we had a good experience.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smelled a bit like mold but it was very humid and rainy in Washington.

The breakfast was quite varied and tasty. The beds very comfortable. The laundry room was easy accessible.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

I liked the exemplary customer service by Ms Della McMahon.

Breakfast was a little boring

I liked the exemplary customer service by Ms Della McMahon. The best I have ever met. Very kind, proffessional, polite and goes an extra mile to help clients. What a lovely staff!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

It was an excellent place to stay.

NONE

The place was clean. The breakfast was good and they wide variety of choices. It was close to all places that we wanted to visit. The staff was nice and helpful.

Booking.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Booking.com gave me a matched price and when I reach the Hotel I had to pay the full price. That was a difference of about $45. I told the gentlemen at the front desk about this and he said that I had to pay full price.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms were old and hadn’t been redecorated in a long time.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. When we first checked in, the air conditioner made a noise, it the host moved us immediately. The shuttle to the Metro was great!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

The location worked out but having stayed at many B/Western this was a disapointment
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

1st room had bugs flying in the bathroom & I asked for a different room which they were able to do. Wallpaper very yellowed & bathroom needs some sprucing up. Wasn't sure if I was in a Best Western or a Comfort Inn, the signs were confusing & I had to ask. I actually thought Comfort Inn had purchased Best Western & never changed the name although the booking said Best Western

large dining area ample parking with no parking garage nice selection for breakfast however the scrambled eggs were runny & I didn't care for breakfast burrito bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

I like the fact that their staff were very friendly...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The Openess of the building blocks. .. it's not enclosed in a building . Above all, it's still value for money.

I like the fact that their staff were very friendly especially the friendly young man at the front desk called ''Chancery" . I The shuttle and the complimentary breakfast.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

The room was really nice and the location was perfect for...

The parking is decent but not as clear on what direction that wants the cars to go.

The room was really nice and the location was perfect for the Eric Bente show that I and my wife attended. literally up the street. Will stay again as our go-to place for the shows.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

It was okay. I have stayed at worse places and much better places. Not sure I’d stay here again.

My friends bathroom room leaked all the time. You could see where it leaked before. We tried to get someone to fix it. Had to call several times before anyone came. Still wasn’t fixed. We ended up cutting trip short and going home.

Breakfast had a good variety. Shuttle to Metro was helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

The breakfast was the best.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom could do with update and shuttle bus didn't work for us so ended up having to catch an uber because not all of the shuttles go to the airport although all go to the train station.

The breakfast was the best. big comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Disappointed with the room issues and how they were not addressed

There was a water problem. The carpet was soaked by the bed, ceiling water damage, tub had a bump in the middle of it, paint and wallpaper pealing. We told staff and nothing was done - worried about mold and mildew since I have an autoimmune disorder Breakfast staff stood by while the breakfast area was a mess - they didn’t clean up spills - looked gross

Staff were friendly- bus driver for shuttle was great

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Average felt unsafe and will not stay there again
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No elevators. No ramps to carry bags easily. Balcony has the strong smell of urine, people outside rooms smoking pot and noise. Felt unsafe. Drinking parties outside.

The room was clean. Beds ok. Shuttle to shopping plaza metro and airport service excellent. Breakfast good. Day time staff polite.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Dont stay here!

Room smelled damp. Bathroom was tight. Kept hitting my leg on the toilet paper bracket. Tub backed up. Checked out a day early cause the water was going to be off due to an issue. They could have let me know that before arriving. Also the website says breakfast is until 10am. We got there by 9:05 we were told thay it was closed. I will never go bavk to this hotel again. Thankfully the old colony inn was available and was a much better stay and a lower rate. I will surely go back there.

Bed and pillows were comfortable. Close to arlington.

Other than what a mention it was a nice stay at Best Western Pentagon which I could had stay longer.

The room where we stay the bathroom ceiling didn't look nice it seems there was a leak before and it was patch up terribly it looks bad I told the front desk it didn't look nice and that if it wasn't for that to us it would have been awesome I also told the front desk it doesn't cost that much to fix that it will make this hotel more attractive we only stay 3 nights so I try not to look to much to the bathroom ceiling because if I did I would not stay there by the way it was room 248 .

The hotel and shuttle service was excellent , employees where very nice and helpful the room service was good clean lots of clean towels . The breakfast was wonderful the ladies the take care of breakfast are great keep it going and very clean excellent.

Everything else.

Only that there was a little bit of smoke smell through the ai conditioner conduct.

Everything else. Love the place, the laundry, breakfast, the staff, etc.

free breakfast and the variety plus cleanliness of the ...

everything except they should have provided a free shuttle to downtown train station

free breakfast and the variety plus cleanliness of the breakfast area

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Enjoyable

Bath floor needs a taller side piece to prevent water overflow to bathroom floor..

Everything was above what I expected... Excellent breakfast range Complimentary tea coffee all day Convenient shuttle to airport and metro Very Affordable room rates Close proximity to DC Clean facilities Very enjoyable stay.

Good value and restful

Nothing it was a very well managed hotel.

We arrived and were greeted warmly and professionally. All staff were courteous and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom clean and adequate. Enjoyed the breakfast which was well supplied. Children enjoyed the pool. Laundry on site a bonus we made use of.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

It was great for the price.

It was great for the price. They offered coffee and Tea in our room plus, we also had a fridge and microwave. The room was spacious, breakfast was good. I enjoyed the stay.

Just awful

Wet bed, broken cord on phone, broken electric sockets, didn’t clean room one day, and they gave us a room that was already occupied and we had to do our process all over again, and the keys were turned off and had to get new ones...everyday was another adventure...and not a good one

The breakfast and the dining room

LOVED the free shuttle that takes you the METRO.

Switching rooms 3 nights out of a 4 night stay due to leaking pips from the floor above.

LOVED the free shuttle that takes you the METRO. Every 30 min it does a loop. The breakfast was amazing. And the pool was clean, guarded by a lifeguard and not just regular staff.

Beautiful and relaxing
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel was excellent for its price. We were okay with everything.

Room was clean. Breakfast was excellent and readily provided several times after it runs out. Very close to Washington DC. Friendly smiling courteous staff willing to help at any time. Clean family environment where children can come out and run/play around. Quiet and neat surroundings.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

A great breakfast but it needs some improvements on other things in the hotel.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Shortly after we arrived, we had other people trying to come into our room b/c they were given our room. Also I had a question that they front office worker told me that she would ask her manager the question and have that manager call me. They never called me to give me an answer to my question. We also had to go back to the main office late at night to get our room key cards rescanned.

The breakfast was great. The breakfast facilities were a little cramped but the food was great. The room was really clean. The location to the main highway was great. We could just get right onto the highway.

Good place for cost friendly travel
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The lady at check in, was wearing a dirty, worn out shirt and her name tag was filthy, but she was very nice. Just looked a bit unprofessional for a check in person at your hotel.

Buildings were old, but in pretty good shape. The breakfast selection was good and the eating room was banquet size so no problem with seating.

Breakfast was chaotic and sometimes difficult to find a...

Breakfast was chaotic and sometimes difficult to find a table to sit at. Towards 9am food wasn't being replenished at the counters and so there was much less choice. Ladies on duty weren't friendly.

Liked overall, I could have a great night of sleep and enjoy a bit of DC

Outside of the building was smelly though... I think it was a bit pricey for the accommodation ( 100/ night) I would stay there again for 75/night Shuttle can be crowded so you have to wait another 30min with children that was not fun!

I loved the fact that they had a free shuttle to the pentagon city metro station every 30min it was very quite, bed was nice friendly staff. Nice pool. free parking is a plus in DC.

Nice stay in Washington DC
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

No restaurants in the area.

Nice clean room, great house keeping, nice towels comfy bed. Parking outside of room. Very large breakfast area with nice choices. Friendly staff. Shuttle to metro station.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Good accomadations for the money

Fridge m microwave in the room

intNo varity for breakfast same bland scrambled eggs No o m let's like another hotel I stayed at The bed was good Nofridge or microwa v e In the room o microwavé or fridge in the room If it was winter I don't. want to go outside to use a microwave or fridge

Shelly's DC Vacation

The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy. I liked the micro/fridge combination as well. The bathroom was clean also. The breakfast was really good, the only negative was that it could have been more organized as there was a lot of people in each other's way. I would definitely go back here. The location to the Metro and the shuttle were extremely convenient as well.

There is everything needed, quick check-in, breakfast...

Some sockets didn't work, breakfast is not tasty, there is no sense to open the curtains because of the balcony, pretty hight price for this room.

There is everything needed, quick check-in, breakfast included.

I stayed for one day only but they charged me for 2 days. When i go for query didnt get any fair answer. I reported my bank but still not getting any refund as they are not getting any answer from the property.

Great Location and Access

We didn't get small wash cloths. There is nothing left to say that was bad other than when you drive up you couldn't tell which was comfort inn and which was Best Western.

The BREAKFAST was great, but wish they serve it longer. The rooms were clean and neat.

Fair
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

They left us stranded at the airport the night of arrival, even when I talked to supervisor and she told they were going to wait for us since the chofer was there. We were walking out the door and saw the bus leaving. When I called the hotel they told me he just left and he is not returning. Asked for the supervisor that I talked with and she had left too. The lady that answered at hotel when asked about the shuttle said she didn’t know anything about it. They offer to give me the number of a cab company. At the Pentagon Station they will send the small van when they knew it was the last two shuttles at night and the hotel was full. For two rainy nights we had to wait for a second van to arrive. In the mornings they took us in a bigger van. The breakfast menu was the same all 10 days: example same scrambled eggs every single day, no fruit salads, pancakes or french toast ect... The room was clean. They don’t have good noise insulation. We could here the next door voices in their room and the trucks on the busy road. One of the days they change the sheets they were blood stained. The fascia from the bathroom is about to fell off. The rug was worn out and felt filthy. It needs renovation badly.... too bad is like this because it have a great location and the days we were there it was full. Hopefully it will get renovated soon.

We liked the Location

Clean room, Good Breakfast. Mission Accomplished.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Note, the hotel is old and shows it age in some areas,i.e. a big gaping hole in the roof of the overhanging ledge of the balcony of building 1. The air conditioner worked; but, to feel really cool, I had to set it at 64 degrees and leave it there. I informed a staff member, who appeared to already know the air conditioner issue. They said someone would come and check but no one ever did. Also, on the day someone was supposed to check the air conditioner, I returned to my room about 1030am & my room had not been serviced. These two issues weren't deal breakers, just something to be aware of. Also, this is an outside hotel(all doors open to the outside) with two floors and no elevators; if you have ambulatory issues, request a ground floor.

The staff was friendly. The room was very nice and clean. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was free and fulfilling. Parking and wifi is also free. Hotel is located a block from 1-395N and 1-395S, which is very convenient. Although you're situated between two very busy streets, it was relatively quiet. If you're driving, there are restaurants and convenience stores within a 5 min. drive. Metro is the best way to get around. Park your car at Ballston-MU station and away you go!

It far exceeded our expectations.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower

There was nothing we didn't like.

The breakfast was great, great choices and plenty of help keeping it supplied. We also liked the convenience of the shuttle service to the METRO. The staff was super friendly.

Won’t be staying there again

The lack of details. Things were updated and somethings were dated. Shower was either really hot or cold AC didn’t work and maintenance man acted like it was our fault because we didn’t get back to our room till 11pm and when we left at 2 we turned it on and didn’t know it was not working... They offered to move us but acted like it was an inconvenience but we had already unpacked and were exhausted...huge huge inconvenience

The bed was comfortable

The worst hotel I've ever been to.

The first day we came back from the city and the room wasn't cleaned. We couldn't use the safe at all because it wasn't closing. The lock of the door was not working properly and could have easily been picked. At the end of our stay the hair dryer broke down. I reported all of those problems several times to the staff, always different people who promised to take remedial measures but never did. When we were checking out the person at the front desk never heard of any of this before and didn't even try to apologise.

The kids liked the pool.

EXCELLENT PLACE TO STAY
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Refrigerator kept freezing everything in it even on minimum settings

Stayed 1 week, excellent service, facility, food, shower, beds...would highly recommend this hotel...10 minutes to Washington by Uber...also recommend the Hop On, Hop Off bus package...nice pool, gift shop & lobby and everyone at the hotel is extremely friendly..... 7/21/18

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Wonderful experience

The room didn't include a fridge and the safe didn't work properly.

The service was AMAZING and very friendly. The pool was fun. The beds are comfortable and overall it was very clean.

Clean and affordable!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

A little dated and fitness room needs improvement, but still a great value

Clean and affordable! Great breakfast and the shuttle bus are awesome. Free parking!!!

Breakfast selection was impressive but the layout needs to...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Locations of ice and vending were hard to find so we went to the Comfort Inn for ice and vending.

Breakfast selection was impressive but the layout needs to be improved to allow flow of customers.

Bottom line: saved $40 in parking; $30 breakfast and $30 in shuttle service. I would stay here again
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

There was an unusual smell in the air and it's more of a motel set up with doors facing the parking lot.

The hotel offers a great breakfast, shuttle service and comfortable bed. The free parking was a plus!

Everyone was really friendly and able to answer questions.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The fitness room was incredibly hot. The air wasn't on and it was too hot to stay more than 20-30 minutes.

Everyone was really friendly and able to answer questions. Breakfast was beyond what I expected.

Not the best Experience

The bathroom was unstable and dirty, the winds fell from the ceiling when I was taking a shower. Almost hit my head. I asked for maintenance but the front desk wasn’t helpful. The breakfast room was crowded and it was almost impossible to get food or sit down. The whole hotel is old and needs to be renovated.

The bed was decent

The bathroom was very messy, our drain in the tub didn’t...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was very messy, our drain in the tub didn’t work, the pillows and sheets were dirty. I went for a conference for my work which got canceled and they charged me for the full stay and then it took over a week for me to get my money back. Not a good place.

Worst ever.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower

Front desk person had a very bad attitude. Room had wet carpet. They refused to change and wanted to charge extra for fridge and microwave in case the changed the room. Getting into the bathroom had a about 3 inch step up where I tripped a couple of times and almost fell on my face. Mentioned it to the manager but he gave me the impression as if it was not important. It is a hazard. Somebody is going to get hurt. I stayed for 4 nights. It was probably my worst hotel experience. 😠

Cheapest hotel in the area with the most number of freebies for guests convenience

We didnt like the saggy bed, poor taste and quality of the coffee, thin walls and no noise/sound proofing, dark fooor carpet (cannot tell if the floor is really clean), uniform breakfast selection all throughout our 1week stay. Another thing is - we saw a coachroach in our bedroom floor on our first night.... Front desk clerks barely smiled.... We didnt also like that the shuttle van used to pick up and drop off guests to and from pentagon city was too small for the big number of guests. The hotel has a bigger one that was used one time. Then never was it used again while we were there during the very busy independence day weekend. Shuttle pick up from pentagon city was always late too.

We liked the very spacious room, the microwave, ironing facility and separate sink from the bathroom, the good wifi, free parking, free coffee in the room and in the lobby 24hrs, free apples and candies at the front desk, daily change of towels ang cleaning service, self service business center, coin laundry within the bldg, and the free shuttle service to pentagon city.

OK but not again because the breakfast crowd.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The disregard of the several requests about preparing 2 connecting rooms. The breakfast room was very crowded and was very difficult to find a table for 5 persons. The food buffet was arranged in a small room and was difficult to get food because long lines to get every item. At 9:00 the kitchen staff took the food away and closed the entrance to food room.

Connecting rooms. I requested several times 2 connecting rooms. When I checked in they told us they are not available. We got to rooms next to each other and ...surprize: we discovered they can be connected ! Looks that the staff is not familiar with the rooms in the hotel. Anyway I liked to get 2 connecting rooms, even nobody tried to prepare the rooms as requested. The shuttle service works ok.

I would come again. The gift shop adds a special touch and the staff there are very pleasant.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I found it difficult to cool off in the room. Maybe I just didn"t know how to correct the temp.

I actually enjoyed the gift store and the employees that worked there. As well as the young man on duty at the pool. They all were very pleasant and engaging.

Good value
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No restaurants nearby, unless you take the shuttle to the metro or Uber somewhere. The only downside to the room was you could hear when someone in the adjacent room flushed a toilet or took a shower. Room could use some insulation or something to create a noise barrier.

Free shuttle service to the Pentagon City Metro station and the airports. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Good shower and plenty of towels. Breakfast had good offerings like fresh fruit and real scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes. Very good value for the money. Would definitely stay again.

Awful!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds were very hard! Rooms were extremely dirty. Pool was shared with hotel next door 🙄 Lines for breakfast was very long and food wasn’t even that great. It was a mad house every morning. Shuttles service is for their hotel and the one next door so lines were very long. Drivers usually always picked up people from other hotel first. Then to get back to hotel there were no kind of organization. The shuttle would pull up and everyone would run to it. They usually only ran a mini van and another van that only holds 11 people. Last time we gave up and just paid for Uber to take us back bc it was ridiculous. I recommend staying somewhere else bc it’s definitely not worth the price they charge at this hotel.

Only positive thing I can say is that the staff and shuttle drivers were very nice.

The location was right as we were there for burial in Arlington Cemetery. Breakfast options helped

Pool didn't open til Noon...by then too hot for little kids. (and adults) No Elevators (elderly folks had trouble with stairs) Steps from parking to room level had no railings for either kids or adults.

Great Breakfast options! Great Shuttle Service to Metro.

Had to be in area for burial. Location was okay for a night or two; except for the stairs!

The facility is very old and consequently needs a lot of updating. Many things need to be done for safety reasons. The electrical systems are "jerry-rigged" for the a/c, etc. During the night, some of the things in room shut down. The bathroom was especially bad: old, small toilet, leaky shower/tub; no exhaust fan. Steps unprotected (no rails); no elevator to second floor. As one of us is 91, we asked to be moved to first floor.

The Breakfast meal options are what saved this stay! A person forgets about stubbing their toes everytime they enter the bathroom because the floor is higher going into the toilet area; the toilet is low and small; the tub/shower awkward and leaky.....when you have a great breakfast. The bed was comfortable. The electrical system was not good as things turned off during the night for some reason....

Awful!

Rooms were outdated, ran down. Nasty. Had to switch rooms, after I called told maintance about issue. They came right away to fix the a/c. Said they fixed, and 5 mins later doing the same thing. Called front desk again. She seemed very confused with switching our rooms as to how our room could be dirty. And we had been there several hours. It was very frustrating switching rooms. And no accommodations were made on the half of the hotel of wasting our time and inconviencing us with having to move rooms. Ridiculous lines for breakfast. Not enough sitting. The hotel is located in a nice so nice neighboorhood it appeared. I wouldn’t go out at night. The pictures seem like a lie of the motel. The pictures on line look nothing like the motel. The motel is very overpriced for what you get. I attempted to walk barefoot on the carpet. The carpet felt sticky and nasty. I booked this motel because of the name brand Best Western. Well they should be a shamed on this motel. It’s like a cheap roach infested motel that drug addicts would stay. The pool was nasty as well. And there’s a guy outside who sits at table and takes your name to swim in the pool. Out of all the motels I have stayed in my life and swam. I have never seen this before. The shuttle for the airport and pentagon city is shared between B.W. And comfort inn. Stopping at comfort inn first. They cram you in the vehicle like sardines. People were standing up in the aisle. There was no handles for them to hold on to. If we got in a wreck, we would probably all be killed. Extremely hot in shuttle. Never showed up on time. Would be over 20 mins late. And there’s suppose to be a shuttle every 30 mins. There is no real line. So people were walking out of the motel and straight on the bus. Cutting in front of people. Spend a little more money and stay in DC. This is a waste of money for the price of it.

So I have to say we arrived early due to wanting sightsee. The front desk allowed me to leave my car. I asked if there was any close places to grab breakfast and she allowed us to eat their breakfast. They offered free shuttle to pentagon city mall.

Good value! Easy transfer
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

1- very bad breakfast buffet space - TOO small . . . lines . . . not easy but a lot of tables to seat 2- poor breakfast but for USA is quite normal 3- old hotel 4- you need a car . . . no restaurants in the near 5- A/C works well but is noisy 6- curtains leaves the sun come in 7- ilumination in the room is not so good

Its very important that we guests wrote correct opinnions to help each other 1- very good transfer each half hour: Hotel - Metro - Airport from 6am to 10pm 2- good open parking 3- matress are ok 4- frigo in the room is very strong 5- coffee machine in the room is good and everyday they replace the coffee 6- good room size 7- bathroom is ok

There are refrigerator, microwave, security safe, place to...

My reservation got canceled, but the hotel didn't notify me. Arriving at midnight with a kid and learning that news was overwhelming. The hotel was overbooked.

There are refrigerator, microwave, security safe, place to wash hand inside and outside of the bathroom, which I like a lot.

We had a great time and was very impressed by the hotel and staff.

The breakfast was good. The kids enjoyed swimming and there was a lifeguard present. The room was clean. We loved having the shuttle takes us to and from the metro daily.

The heat was on in our rooms, even though it was 85 degrees...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The heat was on in our rooms, even though it was 85 degrees outside at 11 pm. A call to the front desk informed me that there was no maintenance on staff and the hotel was fully booked. They seemed chronically understaffed. They also do actually lock the breakfast room doors, with a padlock, at 9 am.

Rooms were not particularly expensive for D.

The shuttle that is provided to the subway station is inconsistent. There was a period one day where we waited an hour for a shuttle (we were told they run every 30 minutes), and when it arrived, there wasn't enough room on it for all the guests who were waiting. Ended up sharing a Lyft ride along with two other guests back to the hotel. During this time, I called hotel reception only to get a series of excuses. Also, had to call two times for bath towels that were not left in the room, in the end had to go and get them ourselves. Finally, breakfast on the weekends is served from 7 a.m., even though there was no indication in advance at all that it was later than the weekday 6:30 a.m. Would not recommend this hotel, unless these types of problems aren't an issue for you.

Rooms were not particularly expensive for D.C. Beds were comfortable. Good water pressure in the shower. Food served at breakfast had good variety and taste.

Spend a little more $$

At check-in we were given a room that was already occupied. The second room the air was broke. The third room the toliet flushed nonstop on its own and the tv did not work. At that point we just dealt with it after 3 rooms in one day we were tired of moving. The pictues on this site are not what the hotel looks like. It is a run down motel and I would not have booked here if the pictures were accurate.

Close to the expressway exit.