Reviews of BLVD Hotel & Suites 4 stars

2010 North Highland Avenue, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90068, USA

#113 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Location is considered good walking distance to Hollywood blvd but very noisy from the road at night, room cleanliness is good but noise stepping from the upper floor, no phone in the water, shower water is slow, some of front desk staff is not polite n unhelpful...

Room is big enough n clean

Quite noisy especially since our room was next to the road. Staff quite noisy in the morning. Walls are quite thin.

Massive room. Close proximity to Hollywood Boulevard.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There is little to no sound proofing. You heard every door slam, all the plumbing the traffic. The shower was broken so couldn't be adjusted to a reasonable height.

The beds were very comfy.

No complaints - a wonderful stay

Very clean, very quite, very comfy bed, nicely appointed, good price for location and staff was wonderful. They gave us a free room upgrade when we arrived which was a fantastic perk. Made our day.

The only thing we didnt love (and its nit-picky) was the pillows. They weren't very comfortable and were a bit lumpy.

Location was great for Universal and is walking distance to all the Hollywood attractions like the walk of fame and Graumanns theatre. Staff were helpful and friendly. The room was a great size for us two and was clean and modern. Would recommend!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Although having very stylish rooms, the water pressure in the shower was very low, making it difficult for my wife to properly wash and rinse her hair.

Our main reason for staying was the hotel’s proximity to the Hollywood Bowl. It is a very easy walk to the Bowl, or to Hollywood Blvd to eat and “people watch.”

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The washbasin was outside of the toilet and shower.

The bed was really comfy, close to a lot of things, siteseeing places. Had a fridge and microwave in the room which was good.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

That I have not seen my $100 deposit back witch I would it got it ones I leave the hotel. Really disappointed on that side because they do charge for accommodation and parking and I won’t see my deposit back. And I have trying reaching to them and no answer.

The location of the hotel was excellent for walking to Hollywood walk of fame and surrounding interests. The room was a very good size and very comfortable. Rooms were cleaned every day and towels were also changed every day. The free coffee and selected pastries for breakfast were an added bonus. I would definitely stay here again.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Looked and felt modern. Also liked how you couldn’t hear the traffic off of Highland. My only hiccup was the staff. I felt for the look and feel of the location the registration staff could have been a little more presentable. The bartender was dismal. Hardly smiled. A bartender should be welcoming and fun.

Location location location. It’s central to everything.

The chairs in the lounge weren’t very comfy

We went to see a concert at the Hollywood bowl. Walked there and back no problem. Staff is very nice and professional. I found the besd to be very comfortable.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was really nice. Me and my friends walked in and were kind of surprised. At first they thought it was a bit expensive, but as we walked to check in & then into our room, they said it was worth the money we paid.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I did not like the 100 deposit you have to pay at check in. Although it is refundable, booking.com does not tell you this when you book through them. Also, they don't tell you about the $26 per day parking either.

I loved how close the property was to everything! Literally a five minute walk from Hollywood Blvd! The room was spacious and clean. Housekeeping was timely and efficient.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Considering how expensive the room was, I was a little disappointed that there were no perks. The fridge had no freezer section and the temperature couldn't be adjusted to keep things adequately cold. The shower looked cool, but didn't work very well for us girls with a lot of hair.

The room was really spacious and the beds were extra comfortable. I also liked the decor in the hallway - there are caricatures of celebrities painted on the walls, which lends a cool vibe to the whole hotel.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We had to ask for the bed to be changed when we arrived as it was filthy with sexual stains plus on another day we had no towels. When the sheets were changed they looked at us odd when we said plus the pillows please of which we only then got one pillow for the whole stay. The comment was also made but you have another bed you could sleep in? Which we didn't if they had looked at our checked in guests....which is absolutely beside the point. I will be asking for compensation for this as at no time did they seem bothered or ask if we would like to change rooms. Absolutely disgusted!! Would be a mild comment.

Not much......will never recommend this to anyone. Only the location was reasonable which I think they are relying on.

Noise, there is too much space at the bottom of the door and being near the elevator I was constantly awakened by people in the hallway.

Warm, helpful, staff at every encounter.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room smelled really bad of urine when we checked in. You could tell the housekeeping wasn't top notch. There was absolutely no water pressure in the shower. The outdoor pool was also so cold the kids couldn't play in it. All in all it wasn't worth the cost, but an experience for sure, and we're happy to be going home today.

The location was very convenient. The beds were comfy. But honestly that's about it.

Weirdly, our sink and mirror was in our main room? Never been in a hotel like this before?

Our room was massive - plenty of room for our things (we both had 2 huge suitcases). The hotel was situated right near Hollywood Blvd and walking distance from West Hollywood. Hotel itself, the bed was great.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Tiny (dirty) pool, very limited parking, noisy at night - not family friendly; fruit flies in the bathroom

Modern rooms, noce aesthetics and decor, good location

No breakfast option in the hotel. Quite expensive with no free parking. Thin walls, you can hear everything next doors. Staff friendly but not really competent. When asked, they provided wrong info. When asked to merge 2 reservations, they said that they cannot modify a reservation. Isn’t that part of their job. Apparently no.

Great location, clean and modern rooms.

No breakfast option in the hotel. Quite expensive hotel with no free parking. Thin walls, you can hear everything next doors. The stuff friendly but not really competent. We asked for some info and was getting wrong answers. When we wanted to merge 2 reservations that we made, we were told that they cannot modify a reservation. Isn’t that part of their job? Apparently no.

The location is great. Clean and modern rooms.

Water stains on the ceiling. No bathrobes. No central air. Hike in wall behind the door. Precharge credit card $100

Easy Parking. Good location for Kodak Theater, Universal Studios, Hollywood Bowl

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wasn’t made aware of $27 PER NIGHT parking fee. Not anything like it looks online, NOT walking distance to Universal Studios. Staff always a little too busy to be attentive. They charge your card 3 different times with off the wall excuses why, try to confuse you and somehow my $680 stay turned into $840 and I’m still confused as to why ...

Beds were comfy, free WiFi, cute bar downstairs

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The shower had nats, The bed was hard and was very noisy not comfortable at all.

The manager Carmen was very attentive and friendly, wanted to take care of the situation. Close to tour guides and has sister hotel for parking convinces to universal studios.

The elevator is in a corridor between the lobby and the parking garage. It actually outside and non residents can get into the building without the front desk staff noticing it. It just happened to me to wake up in the middle of the night (due to jet lag) and go for a ride with my car, and on my way down a stranger appeared and entered the elevator. It seems that he was waiting for the elevator door to open and him to hop in. I got really scared. On my way back to the room I saw some strangers at the end of the corridor who weren't very happy to see me. Overall, I don't recommend this hotel due to safety reasons. They MUST have a 24 hour front desk who is monitoring the building especially when they charge $250 per night.

Extra large rooms, provides safe deposit box and coffee maker. Bed was super comfortable and the rooms clean! The hotel is locate close to the highway and the Hollywood area (touristic attraction)

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room service was not completed. Apparently you need to request it. We have stayed at places with less stars than this and they still had room service each day. The air conditioner spelt like urine. The accommodation is way too overpriced for what it is.

Shower was poor although the space was adequate. Had to ring and request towels, teabags and coffee sachets...the cleaning staff didn't always replace those used. Prompt reply from reception though. The bar and reception area was small and staff were not very attentive. There was a small 'swimming pool/ plunge pool' (we didn't want to use it as the weather wasn't great)...it was very uninviting and looked dirty. The decor in the corridor areas was modern but dull and these areas smelt a bit musty.

Good size room and general facilities (TV, coffee machine, fridge), large comfy bed, room was clean and in good decorative order. Location of the hotel was excellent. Car parking facilities were good but at an extra cost $20 per night.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The property is not what I expected at all for the amount of money. The toilet was not working properly. The rug in the room was wet. The refrigerator was not working. The room has broken window.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff wasn't too friendly. My husband asked for towels and it took about 15-20 min to get. The one thing I didn't like was the person above us acted like big foot for stinks 30 min. Then at it again at 645am! I did have to call and complain.

The hotel was nice and it was clean.

Ask for a non smoking room. Which I got but someone was smoking weed on our floor and we smelled it all night. Also when I booked the room didn't know about the 25 dollar charge for my car. Or the 100 deposit .

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking fee for actual guest is $26. Or there basically is no were to park,pillows were horrible, hair still in shower, toilet wouldn't flush had to tell them to fix while out for the day. View was wall next door. WiFi didn't work. Would never stay here again. More con's them pro's. Expensive and not worth what your paying.

Bed was comfortable

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff were not overwhelmingly friendly. Smell in the reception was strange, especially at early morning checkout. The facecloths in the room were dirty and full of hair - it was extremely uncomforatble and I was not pleased.

The bed was OK. Facilities were OK. Room next door was noisy.

Looked modern but furniture was beat up. Loud on street side. “Bar” was four seats in a small lobby and not what I expected.

It was in a great spot. Safe area.

Although the hotel rooms are protected by a key card operated lift the general area didn't seem too safe - maybe that's just LA. The rooms are fairly basic. Coffee was a bit rubbish. Could tell the shower had a sliding door once upon a time but it's no longer there.

The hotel was an easy walking distance from the Walk of Fame, Chinese Theatre etc.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Most of the staff was excellent i had to asked for towels 5x before i had to hunt down house keeping.

josh the front desk attendant was great i had a issue with the parking price that i was quoted at check in and was charged another the other front desk attendant told me she would handle it but didn't i gave josh a copy of my paper work showing the quote he emailed the manager to handle me issue.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wen booked we believed we were staying in the sister hotel as I had read the reviews about the restaurant , so to arrive to the blvd and discover after an extremely long drive that there was no restaurant in this vicinity was a little annoying

Staff extremely friendly and helpful

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No hot water for showering. Not even luke warm after running shower for 7 minutes. Asked for it to be rectified but it wasn't. Way too cold for winter visitors. Dirty cup left in room entire stay.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There wasn't anything I disliked. Almost everything was as depicted on the website. They could use a restaurant!

The hotel, rooms and surrounding area were clean and tidy. The staff was very accommodating. The bar is much smaller than pictured and created a tight sitting area for our large family group. The value for the price is average.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Modern, clean and friendly staff! Beautiful hotel with very comfy beds. Nice atmosphere and clean rooms. Great location too! Will definitely stay here again.

The hotel/office at night becomes a hang out with loud music and people all around that are not even staying at the hotel. Most hotels have a continental breakfast, providing this to your customers should be considered. There were also cars parked along the walls at times making it extremely difficult and frustrating to back out of the parking spots. Especially when you are paying $26 a day to have this convenience.

Staff was friendly for the most part and the room was very clean

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

largish rooms if you are staying with teenagers get 2 rooms. Small shower lacks ventilation thus has a mouldy odour. No safety deposit boxes in room so had to secure items daily down stairs.

Central location

There was no food within the hotel! Found a vending machine with water, was extremely thirsty, but it did not work. Just to park your vehicle they put a $100 hold on your credit card plus the anount they charge daily.

The location was convenient.

2nd Floor has very poor soundproofing. We could here someone stomping around above us at 2AM on the 3rd floor - could not sleep. If you have first time guests, do not put them on the 2nd floor or if you do, improve the sound proofing.

Location was convenient

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Have found hair on my bed and pillow which really scared me. I don't know if it was the pillow cause allergy on my face after getting up. The bathroom is not so clean also.

The room is big. Reception is kind and nice. Just near walk of fame and highland with a great location, could have sightseeing and do some shopping there.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The ceiling is too thin. I could hear everything going on upstairs (music, footsteps and conversation) at a very early hour. It was extremely disruptive.

The bed was comfortable and the location suited our needs

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There could have been more mirrors in the room. It’s hard for two girls to get ready and share the one mirror over the sink.

The staff was very friendly, the room was comfortable, and was the perfect location for attending Aladdin at the Pantages.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was so so, compared to the money that we paid for it. The closet was small and somewhat old, but it was okay. The room was clean, but the bathroom was small. Among other things, the worst thing was the shower. It was so weak. My daughter was complaining whenever she took a shower. When we went back from Las Vagas, re-checked, and stayed in another room, some parts of the seat of the toilet were a little taken off, so my daughter did not want to use the toilet. As a whole everything was good, but the bathroom was not satisfying. I hope that the hotel should the power of the shower and the toilet seats. If so, I would recommend the hotel, thanks to good location and kind staff.

The location is very good for travelling. It's close to Hollywood, Universal Studio, and Grove Mall, etc. The staff members were very kind. After staying for 3 nights, we had to leave for Las Vagas, and we were going back to LA again. We were struggling for our luggage, but they were willing to keep our big luggage for three days when we were at Las Vagas, so we could make a trip to Las Vagas without our big luggage. They were very kind and their checking was fast.

The window coverings let it a lot of light. Being on Highland ave, there was a lot of road noise and noise within the hotel (could hear people upstairs).

Love how modern it was and that there was a bar and convenience items in the lobby.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Don't forget car parking lot pay $$$26 every night.... THE entrance damage my lovely car....not bump there is big hole.... No bar to late night

The bed is clean shower

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms were quite small and facing a dark backalley, increasing the cramped feeling. Wifi is very slow. Parking is very expensive and front office staff appeared decidedly demotivated.

The location was excellent

I use AT&T and my cell phone really didn't get a signal in the room or on the property. This was inconvenient. You can hear everything in the room next door. I had to turn on the tv in order to drown out the conversation from the room next door. This may be a deal breaker for some so be aware.

The location is great for enjoying Hollywood. The room is clean and modern.

Lighting was cool & trendy but could’ve used more wattage. Shower same: looked great but needed way more water pressure.

Reception was great. Location wonderful. Very nice decor.

We had a room that could be used for an adjoining rooms. The adjoining door was very thin and 2 lots of guests were extremely noisey

The bed was super comfy!

We were on the second floor, and while our floors seemed solid - we were up most of the night, due to heavy noise and creaky floors above. Unfortunately, whoever was above our room was very active until close to 3am with constant banging and heavy walking. While this is no fault of the hotel, we tried calling the front desk to ask for assistance to have the people above us settle down, but there was nobody around to answer our multiple calls. When we told the management about our lack of rest the next morning, they were very apologetic.

For the area of town, the room was a decent value - though we had an excellent genius discount. The rooms were clean and modern with a comfortable bed.

BUT our room faced the street, which we didn't care about when we checked in as we were in and out and didn't get back until after 1am. Starting at 4:30am there was a very large banging sound as if a huge container was being dropped or a big rid was driving over a bump. This happened multiple times until almost 7. We then decided to just get up and check out! They need to have better windows for rooms that face the street! I did address this with the front desk upon check-out and did get our parking comped, but supervisor was suppose to email me to discuss the possibility of getting a further price reduction and never heard from her.

Easy check-in/check-out. Friendly staff. Room was very nice, updated and very comfy bed!

Something got messed up between them and booking.com and we did not get the rooms we reserved. They did reimburse us but instead of being on the topfloor(3) we were on the second floor. Needless to say, it sounded like the people above us had concrete blocks on their feet as they walked. Not good! Especially at 1am. Also, beware of taxi rides to and from airport! Extremely pricey,especially when they take the long way. Take an Uber or Lyft, or prearrange a ride with super shuttle.

Location. The staff was very helpful and courteous.

Shower pressure was ridiculously low, took forever to finish showering. The bath products had an odd smell.

Good location, walking distance to the main areas of Hollywood. Bed was very comfortable.

noises from other guests just next door. they gave me an interconnecting room for family. next room guest were shouting jokes till 3 AM, making jokes with vulgar words. level 2 guest above my room walking stomp could be heard all the time, as if the guy was jogging up in his room. it was annoying. bathroom shower was ridiculous the water hardly flows down, as if it was clogged.

location within 7 mins walking distance to Hollywood blvd.

The frige in our room is really loud, I have to unplug the frige in order to sleep at night.

It’s a really nice place when u want to stay around Hollywood. The room I stay is really comfortable.

the thing that should be improved is the comfort room. There should be a lavatory or even a faucet inside. Not the shower alone. But, overall, we really like the BLVD. It was my 2nd time for this year.

We really like the place as it is near the main attractions in LA plus the place is cozy and very comfortable

It’s a little noisy on the main road but I was that tired from travelling it didn’t bother me at all.

The location of this hotel is excellent. A short walk to Hollywood Blvd & attractions also shops for food & drinks close by.

Excellent hotel just a few steps away from the walk of fame. Staff was kind and friendly: we arrived a couple of hours before check-in time, but they immediately gave us a room, upgrading our reservation to a junior suite. Room was enormous, as the bed. Would definitely recommend.

Loved everything!

Everything! The location is key and you are just a walk away from everything and anything tou need! The rooms were big and cozy and clean. We stayed for 5 days and the staff were just amazing to us , especially Carmen who helped us with great recommendations! It was definitely worth it!!

bed was comfortable

The hotel changed my room without asking me and gave me a room near the street they called it an upgrade but I was not impressed because the room was very noisy and difficult to sleep .The BVLD hotel holds funds against your credit card $100 dollars a night but they do not have a restaurant and also do not offer any food so I am not sure what the hold is for and I have still not seen my money refunded. Staff was being rude and had an argument with a guest right in front of me while I was trying to check into my room . The female hotel desk clerk who was checking me in kept calling me sweetie ....very unprofessional . Also I smelled Marijuana in the elevator more than a few times during my stay . I am not sure if I would ever stay at this hotel again .

No dining room or restaurant (nearest is in the Best Western hotel over the road). Street very noisy (try and stay at the back of the building).

Good staff, relatively cheap for Los Angeles, only a short walk (10 minutes) to Hollywood Boulevard and the Dolby Theatre. Rooms comfortable and large enough.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Remote for tv didn't work and told staff but nothing was done about it. Also there were four of us staying and only three towels .

Beds were very comfortable and place was clean

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They let us into the room 3 hours early to accommodate our son with Autism, because of this I don't think the maid cleaned the room properly. We had other peoples hair, and food crumbs in our bed and it was missing sheets. There were some kind of white stains on the office chair, and urine spots on the toilet.

Staff was amazing and very very helpful!

Not all windows will have curtains so light can be issue if wish to sleep in. Expect noise but not too bad considering location.

Hollywood will be noisy regardless where you stay. Hotel basic could do with upgrade but has essentials and is clean and on higher end of aesthetics compared to most hotels. Staff very friendly and cost of room better than most for what you get. If can manage walking, easy access to hollywood walk of fame and main shopping area.

We stayed over a weekend and our window was facing the mainroad. It was noisy with all the passing cars and trucks, partygoers and people walking up and down the street.

Location was good, just a stone's throw away from the Hollywood area, and metro station.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff was super sweet, went out of their way to make our visit the best!

Great location, less than 10 min away from every place we planned to go. Nice suite for the family!

It We were visiting with our daughter which we stated in the booking. When I first booked in I was assigned a room, but when we went up to the room, it only had a King Bed, I was expecting the couch to be a pull out but it wasn't, as such I went and asked about the room and the clerk let me know that I had booked that room, even though I had booked for 2 adults and 1 child (16), I let her know I wasn't aware that was the case and I had stated the correct amount of people, she then said she could change the room but that it was a Handicap Room, I said that was ok. We were in room 208. The issues started there. There was no sweep under the door, we actually had to put a towel and pillow in front of it over night to eliminate the hallway light and even then the surround of the door let in alot, not to mention anything being able to come under the door. There was a blue chair between the beds that was basically disgustingly dirty and looked like it had bird poop on it. There was no door handle to the inside of the bathroom, so when you closed it, you had to put pressure on it with the palms of your hands to be able to slide it open. No night stands, scrapped up stand under the TV, missing, broken unpainted baseboards. The bathroom was as we knew a Handicap Bathroom, however, the handheld shower would not stay in place so we could shower properly and kept sliding down the pole. The worst issue was overnight, at 11pm my husband went out and asked a worker who was using a computer and talking on his cell to please be quiet because we could hear his whole conversation. Then at 2-230am he finally got up because there were female voices speaking really loudly for at least an hour echoing through the room. All he did was open the door, he made eye contact with them and slammed the door, they then went quiet. Really.. Anyway, we were recommended you hotel by a friend that lives in LA but we will not be recommending your hotel.

Great Location

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

An in room safe would have been nice.

I was barely there as I was out exploring LA from dawn till dusk but I had a lovely big room with a massive tv and there was plenty of clean linen everyday. It was also nice and quiet and had tea and coffee making facilities. Staff very friendly.

The shutter on our window was broken on one part and taped over but was nothing major.

Bed was amazing, great location and staff extremely helpful and friendly. Iced tea in the lobby was delicious.

Parking was not free but garage was easy to get into and out of. No on-site restaurant although there was a small decent cafe across the street at another hotel. Shower was not quite hot enough for my liking.

Not brand new, but was clean and comfortable. I liked the in-room amenities - fridge, bathrobe, even slippers. Staff took care of little needs like extra towels. Pool was small but clean and parking was easy though not free. It was just a short walk to Hollywood Blvd and lots of places to eat, drink, and see sights.

My jacuzzi in my room was awesome although not sure how clean it was...

Staff was super awesome and accommodating. We also met some great people all there for a concert and had a awesome time. I wish the bartender would have started off with a better attitude bc we waited patiently for her to open because she was late due to traffic which was understandable but after she got things going she was good. Also it was clear that people were trying to hang and socialize later and I wish there was a better spot to do so.

Browse BLVD Hotel & Suites traveller photo gallery