Reviews of The Bradley Park Hotel 3 stars

280 Sunset Avenue, Palm Beach, FL 33480, USA

#8 of 13 hotels in Palm Beach

• Deluxe Guest Room

I don’ t know if Booking or the hotel gave me only one bed for 2 instead of one bed of 2 and a bed/sofa bed for my dougther. She is 12 years old and had to sleep in the bedroom floor.

I like the hotel location and the history

• Deluxe Guest Room

Plumbing in the room needs to be looked at... and decaf coffee only on the first morning was unsatisfactory, but this was remedied by staff swapping a different coffee maker into our room for the second morning.... thank you!

The spacious room, the decor of the hotel and easy parking on the street!! Front desk staff were very helpful.

• Deluxe Guest Room

The Hotel is a bit old. There were NO handicap railings in the Ancient Bath Tub. The electric system in the kitchen area was not functioning. Upon arrival to the room, there was a musty odor.

We found the Staff to be very nice and helpful, but the hotel itself needs upgrades.

• Deluxe Guest Room

Clock radio or telephone in room for wake up call would be nice!

Comfortable. Loved the location. Has that 'traditional Palm Beach' feel to it!

Nothing. Staff was extremely helpful and courteous. Location is ideal for us.

We’ve stayed here for several years and will continue when we visit Palm Beach.

• Deluxe Guest Room

Rooms and bathrooms need a major renovation. It is not really a hotel. There is one person sitting at a desk in a spare room who checks you in. Other than room cleaning staff, there is no one at the place. On our floor there was a door leading to a narrow terrace. The door was warped and would not shut allowing wind and cold air into the hallway.

• Deluxe Guest Room

They're a mess, to be honest. Check-in was great. The concierge totally delighted me. He was helpful, playful, and indulgent. I never saw that man again. In his stead, a younger fellow - who hated his job. Things that don't work at this hotel are never addressed. And this miserable, surly, young man must sit and absorb our acrimony. The waiters in the restaurant were more helpful - they at least acknowledge the hotel guests. Every negative review I read about this place going back 3 years captured my experience at the Bradley.

• Deluxe Guest Room

The room itself was pretty basic. The parking lot is super tiny, by permit only, and $10 a day for hotel guests, however when I asked for a permit, the gentleman checking us in said all of the permits had been stolen so he charged me for the parking and said he'd just make a note of it. The parking area has no security or monitoring of any kind, and on several occasions we saw people park and walk to other locations. Bottom line is purchasing the onsite parking does not guarantee you a parking spot. The bathroom has little to no counter space for personal hygiene items such as a razor or toothbrush. I booked the stay for 2 nights, our room wasn't cleaned at all during our stay. The only staff member that checked on us was from housekeeping and she chased us to the elevator as we were leaving with our bags only to ask us what room we were in and walked off. The price of the room is for the location only, not the room itself.

The outside, the courtyard and the entry are stunning.

• Deluxe Guest Room

The location is great, the price is very fair for the area, and the staff was very welcoming. There is a very nice grocery store across the street, and a wonderful gourmet food shop on the premises, there is also a wonderful Italian restaurant on the premises. They have off street parking at the hotel for $10. per day, which is a very good price in the area. The bed, bedding and towels are great. The hotel is not perfect, but very charming, it is a great value for Palm Beach, and the location is perfect on the island. I was a little worried because of some other reviews that I had seen, but was pleasantly surprised by the value, staff, and everything else about the property. I was so happy I had chosen the Bradly Park, for my 8 night stay on the island. I want to thank Jason, for the little extras, I sincerely appreciate everything! I will always stay at this property when visiting Palm Beach area, I slept well in the comfy bed, loved the plush towels, and the property is beautiful. Hotels on the island are very expensive, if you need or want to stay on the island, the value of this hotel is very fair. We all look at things in our lives differently, we all react to things differently. I feel if you treat people with respect, you will be treated back with respect. If you are expecting a 4-5 star hotel for a 2 star price, it is a delusional state of mind and you will be unhappy. I travel a lot, I am blessed to stay in 4-5 star hotels a lot, I found the price of the Bradley Park to be better than I expected, especially on Palm Beach island, and the location of the hotel. Thank you, to the entire staff at the Bradley Park, for making my stay wonderful!

• One-Bedroom Suite

It does lack genaral maintance i.e. the windows had rot, the paintwork was dated and some things are genaral old. It does ad to the carm but i can see how some people would be put off by this. it did not affect our stay, but in its defence it is not a 5 year old hotel tower but a old building. The gym they advertise should not be advertised as it raises expectations that are not met. There are two old machines that are put away in a very unispiring corner of a hallway. Only thing they should fix is their keycard system. It is to worn down and has issues i can see some people might be stressed out about.

The ambiance of the hotel, the hardwood floors and courtyard, the beds where very nice! The cleaning was good and the whole hotel had general nice feel. We had our own terras wich added to an experiance of morning sunrise berakfast. The reception is open and so are the people behind the desk. Its not your run of the mill Hilton so they do things their way wich ads to a certain charm.

• Deluxe Guest Room

I have nothing bad to say.

The building and location are great! It has a very warm character. The italian restaurant downstairs looks good and sure is populair in the neighborhood

Coffee maker featured no/few condiments. There was no breakfast at the hotel, free or otherwise. Thus, no coffee downstairs either. Price increased $50.00 AFTER the website had begun the booking, but BEFORE it permitted me to complete it. I returned a few minutes later and paid a lower amount of approximately $40.00 more than what I feel was the actual value of the product. Full disclosure: Many sold-out hotels that evening.

Room size, cleanliness, unique interior design, parking...exceptional.

• Deluxe Guest Room

The parking situation could be better but was not a deal breaker.

This is a charming property which has an excellent market attached to it with wonderful coffee.

• Deluxe Guest Room

Parking atrocious. What I call an alley with over flowing dumpster the staff calls a parking lot. Maybe 20 spaces. Very tight. Glad I had a compact vehicle. Not to mention pay 10 dollars to park which is not disclosed in the rate when booking room. No real lobby so when I checked in I had to navigate through an open restaurant with my luggage while people are dining al fresco. Online photos showed kitchenette. Actual room has none of the items shown. ie microwave, sink, refrigerator. No ice machine. It was just OK. Would stay there again if its a great deal or nothing else vacant.

Across street from publix.

• Deluxe Guest Room

We loved it! Got a suite. It had a nice little living room and nice bedroom. Full kitchen! Bathroom was updated. LOVED the Renaiisance look, LOVED how close it was to the beach (a short walk, maybe 3 blocks), LOVED the little porches to sit on. Bed was very comfortable. Staff were superb. Will stay again!

• Deluxe Guest Room

There was NO CHAIR yet there was a big desk. No refrigerator, No safe, No telephone, No art! The ceiling fan was dirty. The bathtub drain had no cover nor plug - yet Bath Salts were provided (go figure). The toilet seat slid every time I sat down. The 'front desk' did not seem welcoming, nor interested. The elevator was hot & scary old. just 2 nights I was fine.

I liked the very high king bed with 4 nice pillows. The beach was a 5min walk straight down Sunset Ave. The hotel has it's own parking lot adjacent to the building. There is food shop next door.

• Deluxe Guest Room

The hotel badly needs restoration. The furnishings and decor are old and worn. The TV in the living room didn't work. There were no outlets near the desk. There was no phone, so any questions meant a trip down to reception.

Staff were very friendly

• One-Bedroom Suite

Beautiful outside but below average inside. Severe MOLD smell in the bedroom!! MOLD on furniture, in the bathroom made our stay unpleasant. And most important- Danger for health!!

Preserved historical site

• Deluxe Guest Room

The front desk clerk seemed a bit rude. Acted as though we were bothering him because we came in the open door rather than the correct door. There were no cups in our room for morning coffee.

Our room in the hotel had a lot of charm. It was in a convenient location for our purpose and the price was good. Glad to have found this on booking.com

• Deluxe Guest Room

Receptionist attitude could have been a bit more happily welcoming :-). Was profesionnal and efficient though, must have been in a bad day... Air con quite loud bathroom a bit small poor window noise insulation

Top location in West Palm Beach. Rooms with kitchenette, some even with living room. Overall good equipment, even though some a bit dated (elevator, air con) Good italian restaurant in the same building with 15% discount Parking on site

• Deluxe Guest Room

The staff were amazing....the rooms and the location was perfect! The property is right next to Trevini Restorante, where we were there for a friend's 100th birthday celebration.

• Deluxe Guest Room

The staff was not friendly or helpful. Not only did they not have coffee on-site, they couldn't even tell us anywhere nearby to find coffee! The building and rooms are very old, and there were a bunch of small dead bugs on the ceiling of the bathroom, the bathtub constantly leaked, and the windows were so old that they didn't close completely.

The location was decent. There was a large TV and the sheets seemed clean.

• Deluxe Guest Room

Nothing-This is the best value for your money in West Palm Beach.

This place is fantastic. While it's not a fancy new hotel, it is a charming locally owned business. The rooms and main areas are always clean and beautifully decorated, accommodations in room are perfect. Also, it is perfectly located, and near a Publix in case you need anything. My only suggestion for the owners would be to maybe add a few more outlets (or lamps with outlets) near the bed. Otherwise, this hotel is top notch!

• Deluxe Guest Room

We were upgraded to a bigger room with a kitchen, this being a great gesture and all didn't compensate for the fact that the dishwasher was broken and there were severe smells coming thru it. It was hard to stay in the kitchen, the odor was quite pungent and you could smell it as soon as you walked in or tried to use the sink. One other thing that wasn't of our liking was that for some reason there was no cold water in the room I mean like in the shower or sink the coldest the water got was lukewarm.

the accommodations were great, the room was very comfy in general and i thought looked very homie. all the furniture was very comfortable.

• Deluxe Guest Room

Seriously, the only thing was no coffee maker in our room. That's it. And that was really no big deal. I drink too much coffee anyway. ;)

I just LOVED this hotel. It was like stepping back in time (in a good way). It was elegant without being pompous. My room was upgraded to a junior suite. That was a nice surprise because it had a little kitchen complete with a fridge, stove, and microwave, dishes and some basic cookware. The only thing I missed was a coffee maker. Some of the other suites had a Keurig. Still I loved it. The bed and pillows were so comfy. The bathroom was clean and well stocked. There is a Publix supermarket right across the street. We bought some things for breakfast so we were able to sleep in. :) Everything you could want is just a short drive away; movies, restaurants, shopping. The surrounding area is beautiful. I would definitely go back. It was a perfect romantic weekend for me and my sweetie.

• Deluxe Guest Room

We had a wonderful stay and my girlfriend just fell in love with everything around the hotel. However, the front desk manager named Jared was the rudest. He did not seem very happy that we or any other guests were staying at the property. We asked for a simple request and he did not even try to help us once bit. I was confused since we are the guest after all. Nevertheless, we will be back, im just hoping Jared will not be there.

• Deluxe Guest Room

Staff very rude. Room musty and mold. A/C was loud. Vehicle got destroyed with a funk from the water purifier in park lot. Mansgement could care less.

• Deluxe Guest Room

Coffee machine wasn't working. Real wood floors rather than lamenate or rubbery tile. Air conditioning was a bit outdated and creaky elevator that had a musty smell.

We got a room that came with a suite, living room and kitchen! The walk to the beach was about half mile and the bed was incredibly comfy! I had to stay at the Breakers for work but I really liked the Bradley Park set up, got lots of value for the money! Everything else was clean and they did a good job with maintains the premises in my opinion.

• Deluxe Guest Room

I specifically asked to help make this Anniversary special in hopes of acquiring a beautiful and large room, what I got was a very simple small room in the corner...with an ADJOINING DOOR which I did not like, doesn't feel like it's private.

The room was clean and the staff amazing and personable. What I loved the most was that shower! It had the Rain shower head which was just heavenly! The bed was comfortable and the TV was huge! I also loved Peter, he was sweet and flexible with check out time.

• Deluxe Guest Room

I like everything and the location is terrific what to everything restaurant Palm Beach Towers where I have friends living

Like the entire experience from the outside continuing into the room Which was fully equipped and a huge TV if you wanted

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Deluxe Guest Room

Check in area was different and needs work, but staff was congenial and helpful

The Bradley Park provided a remodeled big comfortable suite with full kitchen. The bed was comfortable and the shower was great. The location was close to many restaurants within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Deluxe Guest Room

Parking at check-in was bad could have explained a little better. We actually got a ticket just checking in.😕

Loved Nostalgia, very Romantic and interesting. Well worth the money. Would go back!!!

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Deluxe Guest Room

That after my first night stay the room was not cleaned , towels replaced or bed made...It appeared housekeeping did not know there was a guest in that room. When I advised the desk person that evening when I returned from a long day of meetings that my room had not been touched, the response was to pull out a paper document and look it over and to indicate he was not sure why that occurred. This was not a great resolution to what I felt was an expectation of good customer service.

It was quaint

• Deluxe Guest Room

Staff, not very verbal, didn't really fill us in on any amenities (we didn't know there were areas to sit on the 2nd and 3rd floor balconies), and they warned us not to lose our keys as their offices close at 10:30 pm and it would be an hour drive for them to get back to us to open our room. No pool, which wasn't a big deal for us, but the courtyard was nice until the mosquito sprayer came through.

Very quaint cute place in the heart of many restaurants and some boutique shopping.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Deluxe Guest Room

Had to request a new room after my first sleepless night caused by extremely loud vibrating hum coming from the huge AC compressor located outside my bedroom window. New windows would help. Wood windows inside shower were also in poor condition.

Good location, charming building, and nice bedroom with comfortable bed and clean bathroom. Rooms have kitchenettes. The manager willingly gave me a new room when I complained about the first one.

• Deluxe Guest Room

the pillows too soft with no other choices. You are on a quiet island and have to drive to do anything.

the size, full kitchen, location, the restaurant wonderful and outside dinning was beautiful . The beach very close and easy to walk to.

• Deluxe Guest Room

We had a very bad start at our stay because the receptionist was very unfriendly, rolled his eyes while i was asking something and so on. The check in was so unkind that it ruined our hole stay. For that price i am sure you find a better hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Deluxe Guest Room

Parking is very difficult with this property. Also, the fitness center is essentially a large closet with a multi-purpose machine and treadmill.

Good location within Palm Beach.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Deluxe Guest Room

The smoke alarm started going off intermittently in my bedroom when I wanted to sleep at 11:50pm--I called and the man at the desk said he'd be up to remove it from the ceiling. That wd have been ok w me but he didn't come and didn't come, I finally went and opened my door to make sure he could get in, still he didn't come, and when I called there was no answer at reception (after midnight). I had to do something so I ate a cannof spinach and moved first an ottoman, then a chair into the bedroom and reached up to remove the alarm with dust falling into my right eye... not exactly a pleasant way to drift off...

Beautiful old architecture, beautiful central courtyard and large room; comfy bed and beautiful sheets, lovely bathroom with all the amenities.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Deluxe Guest Room

The room had only one chair. The AC controller was in another guests room and set so cold we sat in bed fully clothed with the covers on to watch TV.

The location is great. Close to several good,reasonably priced restaurants, shopping, church, attractions etc. Most everything within easy walking distance.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Deluxe Guest Room

Older hotel but looks like renovations have been done.

Very close to the Breakers where the wedding was. Great staff and receives an upgrade when we got there. Thanks for having us.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Deluxe Guest Room

Had a coffee maker but only had teas. Love having a coffee in the morning.

The location, building, room and staff was excellent. Wish we were there longer!

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Deluxe Guest Room

They were renovating and there was a lot of loud construction noise early in the AM.This is not good for people on vacation trying to rest The plumbing in my room was new which was good but installation was not properly done and there were problems that needed fixing. There was a lot of loud yelling in the AM among the staff cleaning the rooms, do they not know they work in a hotel and people may be sleeping or relaxing? I would book again if I know renovations are complete.

The room was clean, large, very nice. The hotel is charming and the concierges very nice. The location is convenient.The restaurant just downstairs is excellent.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Deluxe Guest Room

the bath room has a narrow door ,an a foot in a half down drop no level to bedroom i fell sunday @8;am.I hurt myself bad ..cannot walk..office called 911

Bed was good

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Deluxe Guest Room

Great overall experience!!! We highly recommend! The location, the beds were VERY comfortable, big room, the court yard and surroundings were quaint! We will be back!!!

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

I didnt like that the windows had no locks. I didnt realize it til the 2nd night when we opened it & then realized you can open from the outside. So much for security of your belongings. That was a turn off if i would have known i definitely wouldnt have stayed.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Deluxe Guest Room

Have no complaints what's so ever!

Location was excellent.Having Publix across the street very convenient. My day off rented a bike a block away. Good restaurant in hotel & also close by.Parking $10.00 a day but so worth it. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!! Thanks for excellent service!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Silly to charge $10 self park charge when you can park in the street for nothing

Huge suite for the price. Very comfy bed, it had a new comfort top. Newly renovated rooms. Jazz age ambience is historic and cool.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Kitchen was dirty. Only one, very scratched pan. One wine glass. Dishwasher was broken. No cooking utensils. Air conditioner was extremely loud.

Room and bathroom were clean. Location

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Deluxe Guest Room

Nothing major. Staff didn't 'wow', but were courteous and informative.

Nice characteristic hotel. Good location for key Palm Beach attractions.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

The issues I had should be resolved with the renovation this upcoming year. My phone didn't work, I didn't have a full length mirror, my window was cracked, paint was chipping, and kitchen cabinet was broken. Despite all of this, I'm returning. I felt like I was coming home, not returning to a hotel room.

The space was perfect for what I needed. Extremely spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

Spacious room with big kitchen and a superb bed. We travelled tp Palm Beach right after the main season and stayed in this hotel for a very good rate. It's probably never that affordable to enjoy the charme and luxury of Palm Beach as during those days. We loved it!

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

There was a gap under the door between my room and another guest room (a door that could combine the suites). I was able to hear the TV and conversations as though I was in the same room. The kitchen could have been a little more stocked. There were no pots, pans, cooking utensils or silverware. I had to borrow some of these items from a relative in West Palm Beach. When asking about free beach access/easy parking, I was told I could go up to Juno Beach. However 4 days after my stay began, I walked 7 minutes to the ocean and saw that there is beach access straight down the street! Lastly, and most importantly: the reason for my stay was due to my father's death. In my state of mind the evening I found out, I had over-booked the amount of days I needed in Palm Beach County. The booking was a special that probably mentioned being non-refundable or changeable. Their policy was a 72 hour notice, which was no problem. When I tried to change my ending day to 3 days earlier, Booking.com was willing to do this as long as the hotel was willing. The Bradley Park did NOT let me change my booking. I understand that I booked the room with a low rate special, but I thought given the circumstances of my visit, that they would "have a heart", refunding the last few days and letting me go early. They did not. I ended up leaving only one day early, and paid for that night, as well as the $10 per day parking fee, even though I was not there. I guess this is a case of a patron of modest means trying to stay at a ritzy hotel at his own peril.

Nice looking place. Has a sort of "old timey" charm. Parking pass, with parking lot that always had a space for me as a guest. I'm not sure this would be the case during the "season" (winter months).

Stayed in May 2016

• Deluxe Guest Room

We enjoyed all with no dislikes.

My wife and I liked the room, the location and the staff. Worked well for us.

• Deluxe Guest Room

location was excellent, room was big and clean and bathroom was adorable!! nicest staff and would stay again.

cant wait to go back!!

• Deluxe Guest Room

The air conditioner was running all night and it said please clean filter. No water pressure. Nothing open late to eat.

The size of the room was nice.

AC very noisy..need update

The only elevator was broken for a day and a half.

Just very expensive

Spacious, very central location!!

They didn't serve breakfast. The hotel has no restaurant though there is one in the same building that only serves lunch and dinner.

• Deluxe Guest Room

No coffee machine in the room, although there was a microwave and stove

The hotel has character. Nice bathroom.

• Deluxe Guest Room

Should of had a chair for the desk, another mirror in bedroom for dressing

Close to areas in Palm Beach, nice staff, comfortable bed

• Deluxe Guest Room

Not clean. Mold in some places. Cooker didn’t work and nail in the carpet that nearly caused a serious accident.

Got upgraded to the suite

Everything is good!

Not many electric plugs to charge phone and use hair dryer and flat iron

• Deluxe Guest Room

The size of the apartment

• Deluxe Guest Room

The property was warm, inviting and charming. The staff was very nice and pleasant. I will return again and again.

• Deluxe Guest Room

There were no chairs in the room which was a bit odd. The hall and elevator carpets were not very clean.

Very small parking lot

Good location downtown Palm Beach

• Deluxe Guest Room

Paying for parking was lame.

Everything was great besides paying for parking

• Deluxe Guest Room

There was a small ant problem in the bathroom and kitchenette, but that was it!!

The bed was amazing!!!

• Deluxe Guest Room

Bathrom needs updating and ability to.open windows. Ventilation Overall cleanliness

Plenty of space though! Location was wonderful.

• Deluxe Guest Room

Very nice hotel, close to the beach and shopping areas. Excellent staff. Jared and Amber made our stay more enjoyable.

Browse The Bradley Park Hotel traveller photo gallery