Reviews of Hyatt House Dallas Lincoln Park 3 stars

8221 North Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75225, USA

#51 of 174 hotels in Dallas

A little overpriced for the quality but food was good if you eat right when breakfast starts.
    • Deluxe King Studio

Short staffed at breakfast buffet, so all food was out as well as silverware after 44 minutes. One person was doing everything. Bathtub had rust leak, so it looked like urine in tub. Thin walls. Gym had minimal equipment. Construction and drugs in area. Convenience deposit for $20 more than quoted price supposed to be returned in 3 days. $19 to park in garage per day. Ac unit very loud and would switch off and on.

Breakfast buffet was yummy and healthy. Bed was comfortable. Very close to downtown.

Close to everything.
    • King Suite

access cards had to be exchanged twice and the entrances from parking garage were annoting having to call front desk everytime you were coming in to open the door. Our key cards would not work.

Close to everything. loved our room. everyone was very nice. awesome breakfast..Very nice

Our daughter really enjoyed the pool.
    • Deluxe King Studio

The toilet messed up I’m the first flush and it kind of flooded from the flushing knob with a slow leak over the night. The breakfast was probably one of the worse we’ve had and options were very very limited. Our daughter didn’t even really eat because they didn’t even have bacon. Which was a let down after the pictures that they show instead of the actual hotel and facilities. And lastly the beds were super hard.

Our daughter really enjoyed the pool. The kitchenette was probably the best part of the room. The staff always helped super super fast rather it be the towel service for the pool or the maintenance coming to fix the toilet.

When in Dallas, we will always stay here.
    • Deluxe King Studio

Room was spacious. Comfortable bed. On street parking available. Breakfast one of the better ones we have had in this type of hotel. Location across the street from Northpark was a plus. Staff always available to help.

It’s close to the rail station, which is a great way to get...
    • Executive Studio with Two Double Beds

The pool was freezing cold. Of course it was early May, but with no indoor pool, it should have been heated. Only one elevator, and it was not centrally located. Had to pay for secure on-site parking.

It’s close to the rail station, which is a great way to get around town.

Easy access to North Central Expressway and very nice rooms.
    • King Suite

The weekend breakfast left much to be desired. The breakfast hours were supposed to stay open until 10 am. At 9:45 the omelet cook said she wasn't taking any more orders. She was quite unfriendly to guests who asked at that time. At that same time, there were empty skillets all along the breakfast line that were not refilled. There were no attendants to be seen around the area to help with re-stocking. That breakfast experience was very disappointing and not what I would have expected of a Hyatt hotel.

The front desk staff was super friendly and personable, very eager to help with anything.

Disappointing stay
    • Executive Studio with Two Double Beds

Staff was awful. Rude and comepletely unattentive. For being a newer hotel, it felt strangely worn. There were weird smells in the hall. I probably would not stay here again.

Location is pretty good. Has a decent pool and hot tub on the courtyard.

Not a bad hotel just need work to make it better.
    • Executive Studio with Two Double Beds

Elevator needs work jerked on going up and down. The Hallway floor needs work not level had uneven spots. When I arrived a man was washing feet in the sink of the restroom. The 416 room that stayed in you could hear the highway traffic all night long.

Eggs omelet was great to have.

Family not very happy with stay.
    • Deluxe King Studio

Staff could more friendlier and reservation better communication with booking details with hotels. Breakfast ok not much selection as other high end hotels. Rooms suits a little cramp for family. But ok parking could be better then parking in the streets.b

Will not stay here again
    • King Suite

Check in was a mess—took much too long, had to make my reservation in my phone because clerk had trouble with computer. Traffic noise was terrible!

Not much

We loved it here. Close to everything
    • Deluxe King Studio

I didn’t like having to pay to park . There’s free parking across the street but it rained the whole time we were there and I chose paying rather than getting wet .

I liked the made to order omelets . I loved the kitchenette . We were able to keep our water bottles cold

Kitchen area was very useful and the room is a great size.
    • Deluxe King Studio

There were a couple of stains on the bedding. Pretty sure it might have been coffee. And the water wasn’t draining properly.

Kitchen area was very useful and the room is a great size.

Excellent! Will definitely stay here again when in Dallas.
    • Executive Studio with Two Double Beds

Some street noise but definitely not too much of a problem for us.

Excellent place to stay. The location was perfect- walking distance to good restaurants and a grocery story, across the street from a mall and convenient Lyft drive to downtown. The breakfast was fantastic with custom omelette and a nice selection of hot proteins. The staff was amazing and there was a laundry facility on the 4th floor. The room was large with a Little kitchenette and a full sized fridge and a cook stove. The beds were super comfy. Overall, this hotel exceeded my expectations.

Location good. Facility was fairly pedestrian. Kitchenette might have been useful for long-term stay
    • Deluxe King Studio

Oatmeal station showed lots of promise with plenty of interesting condiments. However they used so much water, it would be like eating oatmeal soup. Inedible! The facility appeared to be a converted and renovated college housing facility. Front desk told us we could take a chance on street parking or pay for garage parking. Wrong! There were some free parking places at the front of the premises. Bathroom was barelyadequate.

Breakfast was OK, especially if you like omelets like my wife. Location near NorthPark was a plus.

I would stay again
    • Deluxe King Studio

The door to the garage was a little loud every time someone would come in and out of it. The breakfast was good except the pancakes, very hard

The room had everything I need and was very comfortable

Awesome location, beautiful rooms, clean and comfy-overall a total bargain!
    • Deluxe King Studio

You do have to pay to park, that was different for a location not located downtown, but not too bad.

We loved the modern but comfy decor at this location! Everything was clean, super comfy beds and couch. The lighting in the restroom was great for getting ready! The parking garage was attached and we felt safe. Front desk staff was super helpful and accommodating. The price and location were a bargain and close to restaurants, shopping and downtown-but away from the hustle and bustle, Overall we had an amazing stay and we will most definitely be coming back and recommending this location to others!

It was perfect for a family!
    • Executive Studio with Two Double Beds

I did not like paying for parking. I think it should be included for hotel guests.

This room was exactly what we needed for an overnight stay before catching an early flight the next morning. It can be very difficult to find a room big enough for a family of 6. This was spacious and comfortable. The hotel has a very nice modern lobby. We left before breakfast was served, but there was a warm fire burning in the lobby and the clerk offered me a cup of delicious coffee. This is a great hotel for a great price!

The room was modern and clean.
    • King Suite

The breakfast was not great. It was just so so. The parking is for an extra fee. I don’t really understand not including parking in the hotel price for an extended stay hotel. There is a nicer hotel close by that does not charge for parking.

The room was modern and clean.

The room was great.
    • Executive Studio with Two Double Beds

I didn’t like being charged for parking in the garage and not knowing that they charged for parking. Not enough free street parking spaces because of construction near the hotel.

The room was great. The price for the room was great. Everything was clean and breakfast was great.

I definitely will visit hotel again
    • Executive Studio with Two Double Beds

Charged to park in garage or free parking on the street.

The room was very accommodating with 2 queen beds, a sofa bed, full kitchen, work out facility, business room, and great breakfast! Staff was excellent!

It worked for the weekend.
    • King Suite - Disability Access

The hotel was under construction at the time of my visit, so many things were very dusty. Construction workers were present during my stay. I didn't like the extra fee to pay for parking. I will not stay at this hotel again because other comparable hotels in the area offer free parking.

The hotel was convenient to our activities. The room was very spacious, and the kitchen amenities were top-notch. I liked that I was able to get a drink from the bar and return to my room at the end of the day.

I think once their remodeling is done it will probably be a more enjoyable stay.
    • Deluxe King Studio

I didn't like that I had to pay for parking or park outside the gate by the curb. Their WiFi didn't work half the time.

The rooms were very nice and comfortable. Very spacious

The hotel was doing construction, which was not disclosed...
    • King Suite - Disability Access

The hotel was doing construction, which was not disclosed when I purchased. They began drilling and sanding directly over our room at 8 am. Such was simply unacceptable. We would have pardoned the progress if they did that work during regular hours (11-3).

Nice location, great view of downtown Dallas, but overall a letdown.
    • Deluxe King Studio

Other than the heat and my personal breakfast experience, everything was OK.

The AC unit was not working in one of the two rooms we booked. The front desk attendant was nice enough to provide me two mini-fans to help cool the room, but neither of them worked. The room was over 82F the entire stay, and if not for having a second room where we could all congregate it would have been a total disaster. Breakfast was also subpar - my son and I were downstairs five minutes after breakfast opened and just about everything was already cold. FWIW, my wife and younger kids went to eat a few hours after us and said everything was fantastic! Overall, the heat in the room left the worst taste, and though the desk did provide us with an additional hour before checkout, it would have been nice to have that one night comp'd seeing as no one could sleep in the heat.

Breakfast was great.
    • Executive Studio with Two Double Beds

Sofa bed was crippling. Room above us stomped until after midnight. However, they did get quieter after I called the front desk. Paid $2.50 for small bottle of Pepsi (no Coke).

Breakfast was great. Night crew was much friendlier and accommodating than afternoon crew.

Great breakfast.
    • Executive Studio with Two Double Beds

Could not get room with two beds due to construction even though that is what I had reserved. Was not advised of this before arrival.

Great breakfast. Liked the pool and gym.

Nice, comfortable accommodations.

see above

breakfast was excellent. The bed was the best! I meant to peek and see what brand the mattress was but forgot...can you tell me? Kids? or loud adults above our room starting at 6am was not fun..kept going on & on so it was impossible for us to sleep in like we had planned.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

LOVE this place
    • King Suite

The rooms were so very comfortable. But what did it, for us, was the location and price. Absolutely fantastic. We have decided that this will be our hotel of choice whenever we visit Dallas. Love it.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

This was not what I had expected and will not recoomend it others
    • Executive Studio with Two Double Beds

I thought when I booked that their was a separate room. We were travelling with a two year old. So basically when she went to bed - we all had to go to bed - not too much fun. I looked at pictures and saw separate rooms. I was very disappointed - we actually checked out a day early instead of staying an xtra day.

Excellent location and staff
    • Deluxe King Studio

It's not far from needing some "sprucing up." The bathroom in particular is a bit worn with stains in bathtub.

Breakfast was excellent, superb coffee (available all day)

A very nice hotel in a quiet residential area, walking distance from Northpark.
    • Deluxe King Studio

That the eggs came from a carton like for milk, my husband requested fried eggs and they couldn't do it, for no fresh eggs were available, very poor. Also I've slept in better beds, it was too soft and if you turned around it was almost like sleeping in a water bed, not very conducive for a good night sleep.

The service at the front desk, the cleaning ladies, the room was taken care promptly and very well. Breakfast was OK and they continuously replenished the fruit, juice and breads. The laundry facilities were excellent.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Comfortable with nice complimentary perks.
    • Executive Studio with Two Double Beds

Room was a little smaller than I expected. Not as much walking room.

The coffee. Beds were very comfortable. Couch was good for sitting and relaxing.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Location is perfect, good channel selection, and I love that...
    • King Suite

There were little hairs throughout the bathroom, didn't feel super clean. Mattress felt very old. They placed a large group of high school cheerleaders on the same floor, who were doing gymnastics in the hallways, until 11:00 pm. Along with the large dog that frequently barked. Other than that is was nice.

Location is perfect, good channel selection, and I love that I have a kitchenette.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

The location was convenient.
    • Deluxe King Studio

The property is dated and our room smelled of stale food. We had moved from a room that had a strong pet odor.

The location was convenient. The staff were nice.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Nice place to stay, clean, staff friendly, good breakfast buffet...furniture not so comfortable...
    • King Suite - Disability Access

The furniture in the room and in the lounge was NOT comfortable to sit in. You had TV's but you could not listen to them. In the breakfast area it was beautiful and clean except that they put out the dirty dish bucket on an old nasty wooden folding tray...looked AWFUL. All this beautiful decor and they use this for dirty dishes....you can do better than that. The staff could have done a better job picking up plates after people ate. We just put out plates in the dish pan..most others did not. Other than the uncomfortable furniture and the pigs who left their breakfast dishes on the tables the place was awesome and I would come back or recomment to otthers.

The rooms were clean and nice. The staff was nice. The hotel was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

nice breakfast
    • Deluxe King Studio

Website address on North Central Expressway is misleading, making the hotel harder to locate for those of us less familiar with the road network in your neighborhood.

nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Location and proximity to our interests was excellent.
    • Executive Studio with Two Double Beds

Location and proximity to our interests was excellent.

Wonderful weekend retreat
    • King Suite - Disability Access

In a Neighborhood with construction, but it wasn't a problem. Noise free during my stay.

Everything!!!!!

Hyatt house comfortable

Had to pay for parking

The pool and hot tub was amazing

The room was a nice size and clean, very friendly staff and...
    • Deluxe King Studio

Having to pay for parking and very low toilets.

The room was a nice size and clean, very friendly staff and a great breakfast.

Location and the friendly staff

Location and the friendly staff

Great value, awesome and friendly staff.
    • Deluxe King Studio

Hotel staff always greet you with a smile. Room was very comfortable.

Very comfortable and clean

Very comfortable and clean

Omlets made to order

Omlets made to order

A pleasant experience
    • Deluxe King Studio

The traffic noise from the expressway made it difficult to fall asleep.

Breakfast was good and the room was very clean and comfortable.

Overcharged!
    • Deluxe King Studio

Check your bill. Overcharged and almost IMPOSSIBLE to get staff to credit overcharge.

Proximity to SMU

Expensive parking rate

Proximity to SMU

Very pleasant visit

Parkin ad

Vdry pleasant stay and friendly staff

Overbooked two queen bed available rooms so had to be moved.
    • Executive Studio with Two Double Beds

Overbooked two queen bed available rooms so had to be moved. Staff was helpful and hotel comped parking

Breakfast, cleanliness, overall stay

More Lunch and dinner food choices... Highway noise ... Hallway noise

Breakfast, cleanliness, overall stay

I loved the location close to everything!
    • Executive Studio with Two Double Beds

I loved the location close to everything! The rooms were wonderful the beds were extremely comfortable!!

Room and kitchen were awesome

Room and kitchen were awesome

Breakfast was super complete

Breakfast was super complete

God

The parking lot

The bed, quiet almost everything

not what I expected

bed

Would stay again

Bed

Feel like at home

Feel like at home

It was okay.
    • Executive Studio with Two Double Beds

Room smelled horrible. Had to switch. It was not the best looking room.

I liked the shower and the beds were comfy.

Great one day vacay.
    • King Suite - Disability Access

That the made a mistake and overcharged me. And place had a funky odor.

Great location,very convient.

Relaxing stay.
    • Deluxe King Studio

My refrigerator/freezer didn't work.

Comfortable stay

The whole room

The whole room

Great!
    • King Suite - Disability Access

Toilet seat would not stay open when raised. Liner on shower curtain not long enough.

Storage in the room.

It was ovsrall a pleasant stay!!

Parking was horrible!!

The bed was extremely comfortable!!!

Everyone was wonderful

Everyone was wonderful

Nice furnished apartment with a pool view.
    • Deluxe King Studio

Nice furnished apartment with a pool view. Ideal for a short term business stay.

There is a kitchen and a living room & a walk-in closet

Parking fee Trouble with Wi-Fi

There is a kitchen and a living room & a walk-in closet

• Executive Studio with Two Double Beds

The limited parking on the street

The rooms were really nice & spacious.

Great and loved the church on Sunday
    • Deluxe King Studio

We still have to pay for parking it should be included

Convenience

The bed felt great and it was really close to a lot of...
    • Deluxe King Studio

The bed felt great and it was really close to a lot of things to do

We went to the State Fair
    • King Suite

It's was awesome I will stay there again the room and breakfast was good I will tell my family and friends about it😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Overall good stay. Manager sent me a note apologizing for the noise
    • Deluxe King Studio

Loud construction noise early in am

Under construction

The view

The view

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Deluxe King Studio

Checking clerk was very unprofessional

• King Suite - Disability Access

Nothing. Everything was Fine.