Reviews of The Cliffs Hotel and Spa 3 stars

2757 Shell Beach Road, Pismo Beach, CA 93449, USA

#9 of 26 hotels in Pismo Beach

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

Great location. We stopped off here on our California road trip, wished we'd booked more than one night. We also got a room upgrade which was a nice surprise!

Very disappointing, unfriendly front desk when we mentioned we booked via booking.com, noisy room
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

Only disappointing stay unfortunately during our Highway 1 roadtrip, not worth 300$ the night at all... Unfriendly front desk personnel when we mentioned we booked a room with partial ocean view via booking.com, only shrugging of shoulders and “Sorry no rooms available because you didn’t book with us”. Hotel facilities in general rather old (pipes for AC in our room needed to be fixed at arrival), we had a construction site directly outside the window, thus very loud (maybe that was the “price” we had to pay for a little slice of ocean...). Landscape way not as described, hotel is directly situated next to the highway. Positive: comfortable bed, very friendly valet! All in all, we couldn’t wait to leave the hotel in the morning and had breakfast somewhere else down the coast... (there are many sweet places in the surrounding!)

The bed was very comfortable

Relaxing and inviting
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Small pool for the size of the resort.

Nice, clean hotel with a friendly staff. I loved everything about our stay except I wish the pool was bigger. We will be back again!

Very nice, comfortable rooms with a beautiful location on...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Not many food options given the location.

Very nice, comfortable rooms with a beautiful location on the cliff a little bit outside of town. Has a nice pool and easy access to the beach.

Location was great, the room was clean and comfortable.

See above

Location was great, the room was clean and comfortable. For the dollars spent nearly 400 a night we had no view. We were located above the check in area that was noisy. So the value did not match the high price, very disappointed with the room location.

It was very good we will come back
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

The girl at the desk made us feel bad for using bookings.com verses making a reservation through them was not friendly about it for some reason I don't understand it

The staff is very friendly and when we had a problem with our door they offered us another room with a view

Great location, friendly staff, room was comfortable &...
    • Queen Room with Two-Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View

Charged for internet, but wasn’t available in my room. Would be great if breakfast was included.

Great location, friendly staff, room was comfortable & clean.

Very friendly staff
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Smoking facility terrible cigarette smoke coming in our room from the slider and people smoking on their balconies Air conditioner did not work so our room was very hot because we could not open the slider!

Very friendly staff

Perfect

Nothing, perfect stay

We (4 friends) stopped here inbetween Los Angeles and San Francisco. We didn't expect such a beauty of a hotel for such a cheap price! Room was spacy enough for 4 guys. Everything was great including the Jacuzzi that was open till 10:00 pm. Also the Restaurant, the dolphin, next door was amazing.

Great location, grumpy staff.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

I have loved this hotel and it has been my go to several times a year for the last 8 years, but this time the staff was incredibly condescending and hostile. I had requested a quiet room and she put me right next to the elevator. It was so odd and even though the hotel was only half full, she refused to accommodate my request saying this is what I had paid for. This has been where I go ever couple of months to recharge, but after this negative experience and loud room I think I will be looking elsewhere.

Excellent location.

From the Booking site it was not clear that Internet and...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

From the Booking site it was not clear that Internet and Parking costs are together. Hence, it was positive, that we had no additional costs for the internet. Place was nice food was good.

Very enjoyable!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

I was wishing there would be a complimentary wine/cheese hour during my stay. Also, the girls in the gift shop could have been far more friendly and accommodating. Otherwise, everything was great!

I always enjoy staying at the Cliffs. I have done so for years and have even hosted events there. I enjoy lounging around the property.

The bed and pillows loved it
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

The area of the bathroom and carpet transition step needs to be more flush you could stub a toe going into the bathroom if you don’t watch your step and the bathroom door is too close to the toilet

The bed and pillows loved it

Anna helped make our wedding everything we’d hoped for!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Staff at the front desk wasn’t very friendly when we called from our room. We ate at your restaurant several times and one of the hostesses wasn’t friendly or welcoming.

We had our wedding at your hotel. Our suite was beautiful and Anna was amazing! The location and the view can’t be beat!

Excellent for our families spring break!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Only thing I could complain about is we had a hard time getting the temperature comfortable in the room. It was too hot. We had to sleep with sliding door open, which was fine till every morning seagulls were making a lot of noise early.

We loved the resort feeling . It was a great place for the family to hang out if we didn’t want to go do anything we were still having fun at the hotel. Staff was so nice and food was amazing!! Loved it!

Nice, clean hotel, needs more attention to detail and friendlier staff.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Staff was generally apathetic. The lock on the bathroom door was backwards...so someone could lock themselves in the bathroom! Balcony door jammed repeatedly. Heat/air conditioning did not work at all.

Good location, nice lobby and wonderful wine and cheese tasting in the afternoon. Beds comfortable. Clean rooms. Towels were nice. Provided beach towels. Patio was nice. Keurig coffee machine. Great gift store!

Amazing. We will definitely be back!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

That we had to leave after only one night.

The bed was ridiculously comfortable. I slept like a baby. The room was just beautiful and the scenery just stunning. The food in the restaurant was very good. We loved it here. Our favorite spot was here.

Felt like a kennel
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Hidden resort fees, and we did not bring any dogs and were put in the dog wing of the hotel, which is on the first door. A dog was barking and scratching for hours until someone finally got the owner. Early in the morning we could hear dogs barking, doors slamming people coming in and out. We are dog lovers too,but think you should be notified if that is where the hotel is putting your reservation. We felt like we in a kennel. Also, there is no beach access from the hotel anymore, and I felt like they should warn you.

Nice view, pool area, location

Uncomfortable.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

I booked off of Trip Advisor that pushed me to Booking.com. Even though I put in 2 adults 3 kids, on Trip Advisor, somewhere along the way my reservation was modified by one of the sites because I expected a family sized suite with either a couch or roll away bed for the 3rd kid. Unfortunately, that's not what we got. We had just two queen beds. When I called the front desk about the mix up they said that their family suites were full and that they didn't offer roll away beds. Sadly, one of our kids had to sleep on a pile of pillows on the floor for 3 nights. FRUSTRATING!

The over all service was excellent.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Nothing I could say I didnt like.

The valet guys were amazing and very attentive. We left with an excellent impression of the place. I would definitely come back.

The front desk and manager were kind of rude and defensive right off the bat which set the tone for
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

The toilets are very small and really low. And the pool seems to be the main focus in the middle of the hotel grounds. I had to pay $50 a Night for my therapy dog. Never before have I had to anywhere else!

I love the beds and the furniture. The whole room was set up pretty nice.

Convenient and close to a lot of things.

Convenient and close to a lot of things. Spa was great we did a happy hour massage and facial and loved it! Free valet was awesome! Wish they included a breakfast and ocean view wasn’t so pricy!

Beautiful location and very comfortable accommodations
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

The room was very modern with super comfortable beds. It was nice to have an excellent restaurant right on site. The pool and the hot tub were terrific overlooking the ocean. Also, we really liked the access to the small beach.

Beautiful hotel grounds and great restaurant/bar on property.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

The hotel grounds were beautiful inside and out. We did not use the pool because it was a bit cold outside but would use it next time we come to the Cliffs Resort. The rooms were spacious and very clean. We were on the 3rd floor but we did not have an ocean view room, we had a view of the back parking area and freeway. This was not an issue, though, as the hotel added large plants to cover the parking lot and freeway. We were not bothered at all by any noise coming from the freeway or parking area. Will stay again if in the area.

Gorgeous location, very nice beds
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Phone didn't work, Jacuzzi inoperable, room decor blah, no refrigerator in room, ice machines not on each floor.

Beds are very nice. Location awesome! jacuzzi not operable because of someone's "accident" ?

It was a nice hotel, but little to offer.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Very noisy! Can hear traffic from highway and could hear other guests coming in at night. Guests staying in room next to ours was like they were in our room. Walls must be very thin. Restaurant closed early, it’s very expensive. The only vending machine didn’t work, so you couldn’t get anything past 9 pm. No water, no drinks of any kind or n a Friday evening. There wasn’t a microwave in the room, very inconvenient. We’ve stayed here before in a room on the other side and it was very nice, but the price goes up even with a partial view of the ocean. For a $239 a night room you would think you would get more. Rates are ridiculous even on off season.

It was a nice hotel, but little to offer. It was clean.

PHOTOS WERE NOT SAME AS DEAL. paid for the upgrade- it was worth it.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

I was super bummed out when I rented a room here because the photos shown on Booking.com were not the rooms that were being rented. I had no way of knowing that until I checked in. I went to the room and about burst into tears because the room I was given did not at all feel like a resort. (It had pretty pillows and a nice bed though but terrible bathroom and was tiny.) I was willing to pay for a beautiful room as seen on the booking site... but they did a True bait and switch. The hotel said Booking.com is responsible for posting pics of the suite instead of the regulars rooms. In fact, so should Booking.com. I feel like the hotels should be responsible for their photos and need to make sure they post the correct photos! The regular rooms are not that awesome for the price. Also, they gave me a partial view room and it was a partial view of nothing. So Weird. They would not honor the photos so I had to fork up more money for the room in the photos. They wouldn’t offer my money nadkZ I’m glad I did get the upgrade though because the it was an incredible room with an amazing view. Glas I treated myself.

I would rate this property with 100 percent excellent as long as you pay for the upgrade, which I did and it was an epic room. It has an in incredible hot tub, a view of the ocean with a bathroom. Amazing furniture. I had to pay more money to get that thigh because the photos on Booking sight were not the same rooms they were renting.

Just ok.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

We were given a room next to the construction site next door and adjacent to the hotels loading dock. I doubt they had a worse room. Bathroom and shower were very small.

Comfy beds and clean room. We had a delicious meal at the onsite restaurant.

Maids started cleaning at 7:30 am right outside my door, and...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Maids started cleaning at 7:30 am right outside my door, and most of them were super sick, coughing, hacking, and sneezing. Woke me up, and I was afraid if I called the front desk they would just cough all over my door and make it worse. So I checked out by 9am and left and covered my face wu

Good but not great for the price.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Outdated and no free upgrade even when the property seems to have 70% vacancy rate. Hotel charges resort fee but the internet is very slow so I feel the resort fee is not justifiable.

Location is good since it's a beach front property.

The spa is very nice and staff is very friendly and the view...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

We were there Christmas eve and so the restaurant and spa were closing early so we really didn't get to experience the vibe as we have in past. Probably not the best time to go unless you are visiting family. We had issues with the fireplace and our air conditioning really never worked that well.

The spa is very nice and staff is very friendly and the view of the ocean is very nice

I loved the bed it was very nice.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

We stayed in room 305. All through the night and morning we kept hearing loud conversations, cars etc

I loved the bed it was very nice. The location was nice as well.

Lounge restaurant , staff need to be train , in hospitality .
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Lounge restaurant , staff need to be train , in hospitality ....spend quite bit of money every night at the bar and food at the lounge , no service , no acknowledgements from staff , it's too bad , because beautiful resort , however the staff valet and front desk were very professional ...

Breathtaking Views at a great rate

This place is amazing!

The staff was amazing, we asked for bottle of champagne to celebrate my bff who is getting married. Room service came with a complementary bottle of champagne. Thank you so much!

Staying at The Cliffs is always such a treat!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Just know that they have a resort fee. It isn't astronomical by any means, but just be prepared for that.

As I checked in, I asked if they had a rate for Cal Poly. She said, "No, but we have a AAA rate available!" My already good rate (for this property) went down $20! I was glad that I asked!

Loved it!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Jacuzzi was a little wonky! Jets were more like geisers, but still nice

It was wonderful! Beautiful views! They arranged to have our group near each other. Can’t wait til I’m able to return!

Great place to stop off if travelling along highway 1.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Car park was quite full, but this may have been due to a conference that was being held at the hotel.

Breakfast! Such a large selection and all very tasty. Rooms were spacious with plenty of amenities and comfy beds. Great service. The view over the bay is spectacular.

Our stay was more than we expected.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

The property was beautiful loved the lobby decor easy access to our room. Staff was lovely and accommodating got there a little early and was allowed to check in. Our room was very clean and we liked the robes that were provided in the closet. The room was beautiful. I would love to return some day.

Elegant & beautiful location!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Prices were high. I was there just for a stop over 1 night to break up my drive home. If prices had been reasonable I would have enjoyed the spa treatments as an add on.

The bed was extremely comfortable.

Heavenly hotel in a fabulous setting.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

The room was fantastic, comfortable beds, the hotel has the most marvelous view of the ocean, the food is terrific, staff very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again. Loved everything about it.

Stay was amazing, splurge for the corner suite over liking pool and ocean front! Amazing views!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Read above.. front desk personnel

All staff was great especially the bell guys and maids, the front desk personnel was terrible! The most important position at a resort is the first impression FRONT DESK personnel. Wouldn't crack a smile! I asked them to please call to the maid to see how much longer as she was in our room presently and the front desk lady refused. I then requested the manager who was wonderful, she not only answered my simple question but got us into our suite quickly. When people have traveled many hours the least the front desk could do is greet you with a smile, a warm welcoming and most definitely a very close estimation to how soon you can get into your room. The front desk didn't even offer their restraunt or pool.. "we can offer some beverages poolside while you wait or how about lunch in our beautiif reatraunt" very poor experience here especially when paying close to 1000 dollars for our 2 nt suite.. we should have been treated like royalty at check in.. 😕

Nice clean hotel, not in a great spot, but room was nice,...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Nice clean hotel, not in a great spot, but room was nice, view (partial ocean view) overlooked construction site and beach in front has a sewer outlet

Not worth the price
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

The air conditioner was not working in the room, most of TV channels were not working, internet was so slow that we could not even connect to anything, one of the moving panel blinds for the balcony door was broken and outside is a construction zone. The construction people come to work around 6:00 AM and is very noisy. Since the air con was not working we had to keep the balcony door open. However, people underneath us were smoking on the balcony. Refrigerator in the first room was barely keeping the water cool. Not to mention that when I tried to make my first coffee, the cup had some residues of unknown provenience. We requested to change the room. Second room was few doors down from the initial room. Air con did not work. Temperature in the room at night was 78F. We slept with the balcony door opened and that brought the fresh air in. However, 6:00 AM came together with lots of noise from the construction area. Internet in the second room was better. I was told that since I made my reservation through bookings.com the hotel can't make any price adjustments. I wished they mentioned the adjacent construction zone to the hotel. This was not worth the price $500 for two nights.

The rooms are modern and clean and the hotel is close to the ocean.

Beautiful location in a central area
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Apparently there isn't food service at the pool on weekdays. I was at the pool with my hungry 6 year old, the attendant told me a server would be out within 30 mins. After 30 mins I asked her where the server was and she said they don't serve during the week. A bit frustrating esp. when you have a little one with you, not sure why she didn't come let us as soon as she found out.

The hotel was in a great location with beautiful view of the ocean. A great pool and spa. The hotel food was ok we really enjoyed the Japanese Restaurant at the top of the road.

A last minute trip to the beach and a fantastic place to stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

I was very happy with this property.

Staff extremely customer oriented Rooms are classically modern with luxury touches Bed was extremely comfortable The view from my side room was excellent

Would stay again in ocean front room.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

The room air conditioner did not work. It was hot and stuffy. When we checked out and told the clerk she should have discounted the room.

The ocean, the staff, the restaurant.

A lovely weekend in Shell Beach!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Would have been nice to have a magnifying makeup mirror in bathroom, and extra coffee, cream/sugar for in-room coffee.

Very comfortable, quiet room with pleasing ocean side views.

It's a beach town, expect that type of a crowd. The hotel is beyond walking distance to Pismo Beach
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

I didn't like how our room was right above the lobby entrance. Our balcony was overlooking the main entrance and a stone wall. Zero privacy on the balcony, zero chance of having a quiet stay due to all of the guests and vehicular traffic next to the entrance. There was a large delivery truck at 6:00am with its diesel engine running outside our room, no need for an alarm clock. There were several burnt out light bulbs in our room. The parking was limited, had to resort to using the valet service. I'm beginning to think that hotels place their guests who have booked through booking.com (or another type of online app) into what I would call an overflow room. The rooms do not seem to be top notch, just acceptable. Should I have better service and room placement if I had called the hotel direct, I will never know?

The bed was comfortable.

Wonderful
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Overall the visit was excellent. Food and buffet was wonderful also rooms (partial view of ocean) was to die for. A little too open for toddlers to venture too close to the cliffs because of open fence, not sturdy enough. Staff was great.

Very Very nice, we would go again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

We would have liked waitress service by the pool, a bit odd going in to a very full bar in a towel to get a drink.

We loved The Cliffs resort. Fabulous hotel, good staff, good welcome. We headed for the jacuzzi and chilled into the evening. Lovely extra touches like smores by the fire pit. Room was very nice and all is all a very nice place.

A good respite on the central coast
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Beds were floppy and springy and the bathroom had a musty old smell.

Beautiful location and easy to come and go. Rooms are very appealing. Relaxing environment.

Staff were very nice and accommodating.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Layout of the suite was a bit unusual with the bathtub right beside the bed. Clear view from outside walkway right into the shower???

Staff were very nice and accommodating. Food was very good. Check-in was quick and efficient.

the pool and being on the cliff's by ocean
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

our first room was already occupied walked in someone else's room, then we ended up with a parking lot view, NOT HAPPY AT ALL I will never go back

the pool and being on the cliff's by ocean

Beautiful resort with great restaurant! Pup friendly :)

Hot tub was a little dirty but there were many people using it so may not have been preventable

Very comfortable beds, super clean rooms friendly valet service and staff! Nice bar with friendly bartenders, beautiful views and tasty breakfast and dinner. Pretty decor around the resort and awesome beach spot accessible from hotel - also LOVE that there are dog friendly rooms available and dog friendly lawn! Overall wonderful experience and will be returning with my pup next time

The staff was very helpful and accommodating and went the...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

The staff was very helpful and accommodating and went the extra mile to make our stay the best it can be. The rooms were spacious, modern, new and clean. We had a mountain view, and not a sea view, but it was still great because we were on a higher floor. The pool area is big and has a great view of the ocean.

Time for a change
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

I've stayed at the Cliffs many time for staycations with family and friends. Every time we've stayed here the hot tub is dirty, no matter if it's early in the morning or in the afternoon, weekend or weekday. The staff is not rude but not accommodating. They seem indifferent. I don't think I will book here again. Time to find another local gem.

The view and location was excellent. I like the access to the beach.

Spectacular in every way. Excellent service and amenities.

It was very expensive.

Lovely all-around resort location. Loved the poolside movie and s-mores after dark! Loved the wine and hummus and cookies in the lobby!

Front desk staff and restaurant staff during breakfast was...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Air conditioner did not work well . Made a lot of noise, shutters did not block morning light. Staff in restaurant during happy hour and lunch poor, service.

Front desk staff and restaurant staff during breakfast was very friendly. Nice location

Beautiful scenery and good buffet
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Very bad when it comes to responding to a request of a forgotten/left behind item. Worst i have seen in ALL resorts i 've been to.

Beautiful scenery and good buffet

Great place for family vacation (including pets)
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Great location, beautiful hotel. Rooms were great - opened to the beach pathway. Pool was fine. Didn't have a chance to check out their restaurant but it looked nice.

July 4th Holiday
    • Queen Room with Two-Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View

Pool service, towel person saw families and women moving or trying to move umbrellas and there was no offer of help.. He just sat there.

Nicole at the Front Desk was very accommodating. Brandy in the gift shop was great help, too. Room service was on point. Food service was great AND delicious!

The resort offered extra perks like free popsicles at the...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

We probably got the worst room in hotel. It was right next to main set of elevators, along with ice machine, noisy washer and dryer right below us and when people right above us we're taking showers the pipes were loud! Also we had no patio. Pretty much every room on property has a small patio😟

The resort offered extra perks like free popsicles at the poolside at a certain time, free cocktail hour 4:30-6pm and smores via fire pit. Valet parking included in fees.

The hotel is beautiful and in a beautiful location.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Air conditioner was very loud (initially thought it was someone taking a shower upstairs, but realized it wasn't when it ran all night).

The hotel is beautiful and in a beautiful location. The room was ascetically pleasing; the bed and pillows were comfy and everything was very clean.

Very Disappointed
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

I did not appreciate trying to b upsold at check in. I did not get the room type I signed up for through booking.com Instead of getting the room I requested & reserved, they tried to sell it to me for an extra 100.00. I received a "pet friendly" room, I was not traveling with my pet. In order to get what I reserved, extra 100.00 to an already overpriced room! This is an annual mother/ daughter trip, we have always stayed here, I will reconsider for next year. Always been pleased until this visit.

The on sight restaurant was excellent

Very comfortable spacious room with unmatched partial ocean...

Very comfortable spacious room with unmatched partial ocean view overlooking the bay to Avila Beach. Valet parking included in the room price was well managed and convenient given the large number of weddings and events at the hotel. Walk along the bluffs or down the path the the secluded beach area a plus. Treated to glorious sunset.

The room had a partial ocean view which was an upgrade from...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

At check in I tried to hand the staff member my ID and Amex card. She said "you can just put those on the counter" which I have never heard before. A better policy would be to accept the cards, then set them down and hand them back to me when she was done. Training issue.

The room had a partial ocean view which was an upgrade from the non-view room that was available at the time we booked.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

It's a great place to relax and hold events.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

The elevator was not working properly and the guy at reservations was trying to haggle an upgrade after I saw that they had a flash sale for $30 less than I booked with you.

Love lounging by the pool and overlooking the ocean.

A bad nights stay in an overpriced accommodation facility.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

The reception staff need retraining in respect to customer service in particular welcoming guests. We stayed for a night on the way to San Francisco hopping for a good night sleep. Did not get our moneys worth that is for sure. Room 523 should never be issued to guests. The management should try sleeping in that room to get an appreciation for how noisey it actually is. Never again.

The restaurant.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

exquisitely decorated rooms.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

pillows needed to be softer, bred a little you form, a fluffy mattress cover would be nice. also would like more bathroom amenities, without having to ask for them, such as shower cap, mouthwash,. happy hour menu not impressive, needs better& more choices.

exquisitely decorated rooms...so comfy, great view...restaurant and bar great food....chef& waiters wonderful...delicious breakfast buffet, great value for 19.99... everyone was friendly, the boutique had great clothes at great prices! we will be back often!

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Great getaway if you bring your own food.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

I was so disappointed in the food. The quality was very poor and the price was way too high. Had I not wanted to eat from the resort, my rating would be higher, but to vacation and relax means you want to also have access to good food. This was a damper on the trip due to how much we spent to eat yucky food.

The location and the rooms are a nice get away for locals!

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

A Bit Disappointing!
    • Queen Room with Two-Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View

The second day we were there nobody came to clean our room even though I called the front desk and told them. They allowed people to be in the jacuzzi till way past the closing hours and nobody did anything. The front of the hotel was being mopped and they moved the "caution wet" sign and I slipped and almost did the splits and caught myself and the the attendants just stood there and looked at me. Nobody asked if I was okay or tried to help me, nothing. I could have broken my neck. I accidentally left my charger plugged in the lamp socket and called to see if it was found and it never was. We live in the vicinity and wanted a getaway for a couple of days. I was quite disappointed at the lack of concern of the staff.

The bed was comfortable and the view was awesome.

Great location, very nice hotel
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

Last time we stayed they had a complimentary wine/champagne social each night. This time this was not offered.

Rooms were spacious and beds very comfortable

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Beautifully located hotel
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds No View

The location of this hotel is superb, it overlooks a rocky beach which is only a 5 min stroll. The outdoor pool is open until 10pm which was a huge hit for the kids, sitting in the pool looking up at the stars. Breakfast was varied and very good and again served in a room overlooking the sea. Highly recommend this hotel.

Waterfall feature at the Pool is unpleasantly loud, but otherwise a great place to stay.
    • Queen Room with Two-Queen Beds and Partial Ocean View

I felt the waterfall feature around the pool was ridiculously loud. The reason you pay for a ocean facing room is to see the ocean but also here it or enjoy the serenity, the pool waterfall feature is a very loud and not a pleasant natural sound. I would not recommend this room because of this noise.

The beds were comfortable, room itself is very clean

Beautiful hotel and view but service and knowledge of staff very inconsistent.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

Our reservation booked through your site did not show up in their system. We had to talk with the manager, show our confirmation and wait for them to find rooms to accommodate. They eventually resolved but it took time to get all our information into their system. They did share they recently updated their systems which could be the issue. The manager compensated us without us asking which was appreciated. Next we had scheduled back to back spa treatments (massage and facials) immediately when we arrived, The next morning when we showed up for our first appt., they stated we were an hour late and miss our first treatments. The error in putting the time in the computer was not our error and we clearly outlined the conversation that took place when we scheduled with the associate. rather than apologizing for the error, we were told that if we wanted to re-book, we would need to pay an additional $45 each. After again talking to a manager they waived but we had to wait until the next day as there were no treatment time slots available. Our friends who were also staying at the hotel shared that on one of the mornings they got a knock on their door at 8:00am from housekeeping, coming by to clean their room, which seemed We also found the pool very crowded with kids and people who didn't appear to be guests at the hotel. Since the pool doesn't require a gate key, access was very easy for anyone to enjoy. Overall the experience was either really great or really poor. Unfortunately based on the price and inconsistecies in the experience, we would not go back at this time.

Rooms were clean and spacious with beautiful views. Valet service was fast and courteous. Restaurant and bar had great food and drinks along with a great outdoor patio.