Reviews of Colony Hotel 3 stars

736 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA

#255 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

Vacation from Hell
    • Deluxe Double Room

My room door was broken upon arrival, plus I had two people enter my room as a result of the broken door. Plus no WiFi during my entire stay and last but not least the elevator was broken which made it very difficult to transfer suitcase up and down the stairs.

The room was clean and the location was excellent!

The room was nothing. Very pricy. The restaurant was also very pricy. The location was everything!
    • Deluxe Double Room

No microwave in the room and the bed was not comfortable.

The location was everytging. Linda at the front desk was helpful, friendly, nice and knowledgeable. In fact, she was excellent!

best location, room 108 and 110, no noises could be heard.
    • Deluxe Double Room

it was clean but not spotless, basically dust and dirt in the corners of the room. but the bed and bathroom was livable and clean enough, we were a group of guys, would definitely come hotel colony again. i dont know why people are complaining about loud music/noise at night or early morning. We noticed ocean front rooms faced the strip, so maybe if you get that room (which is a higher price as well) you will be awaken by the music and noise at the restaurant below. we stayed in rooms 108 and 110, there was no view, but we was far from the strip so hence no noise and slept comfortably. The aircon could have been cooler as well....couldn't go past 70

location was the best!

Nice one night stay in the heart of SoBe prior to my cruise out of Miami.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I wanted a simple of cup of coffee from the hotel restaurant. It took forever and then they couldn't ring it up right. Very frustrating. This should be a no brainer.

The location is right across from the beach and in the heart of Ocean Drive

Great location, friendly staff, clean ~ value for money.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Unlike other Ocean Drive hotels, there was no one available / offering to help with bags, from curbside to room. Patio tables tight to entrance way, made access into with suitcases somewhat difficult. Being a vintage hotel, rooms are not 'modern' yet very comfortable and cheerfully decorated, yet could use some updating. Bathroom seemed to be recently redone however a small shelf in the shower would be of benefit, and the shower curtain should be another inch longer as it stopped short of the shower threshold. Checkout efficient yet like arrival, no 'porter' to assist with bags.

I've stayed at this hotel several times so I knew what to expect. Staff, especially Front desk, very friendly and helpful. I had requested early check in, yet knew better than to expect it, being cruise ship departure day and many guests not checking out early, I arrived at 11:30, and room was ready by 2:00. Great location.

Your drinks was more pricey than the other restaurants there
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bathroom shower was dripping water all night even after u turned it off, there was no extra bath tissue left in the room and there was only one garbage bin in the whole room and it was to small

Other than the bathroom the room was nice

Good
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel was good but the restaurant in the entrance of the hotel was terrible. I learnt that it is a different company after the hotel management. The waiters, waitresses and the manager of the restaurant thinks that they are very clever but the customers are stupid. Of course not. They see people as money. They are very interested when you first step in the restaurant and if you order sangrias, ocean combo dishes or any other what is expensive, they smile you all night but if not they don't mind you any more. Besides of these, the waitress Barbie was very interested and smiling person.

Comfortable, clean, very basic accommodations. You can stay where the action is on a budget
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room did not have a dresser or a table. I had to live out of a suitcase my entire stay. There was no ice machine. There was nothing to show for my $20 a day resort fee other than a beach towel. I could’ve brought one from my hotel room to the beach. The bathroom shower stall needed some place to put my shampoo and soap. Also a safety bar in the shower would have been very helpful.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating I loved the vintage hotel, on Ocean Drive.

My stay at Colony Hotel was amazing and I am already planning my next stay there.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I enjoyed being directly across from the beach and being close to all the restaurants on the strip. The valet service was a big plus for me and my friend. Great price for being close to everything.

Would pick this hotel again for sure.
    • Deluxe Double Room

They allowed us to check in early. They switched our room immediately when we found a little discrepancy in the first. They also let us store our carry-on’s after we had checked out so that we could enjoy our time before our flight. Very nice staff and the food was superb.

Nice location, old building
    • Deluxe Double Room

Noisy, the room was very very tiny, bathroom had no windows and weak ventilation. And because of that there was constant smell of mold. Valet parking scratched my car.

The location is very good if you want to be on South Beach. Its right in the center. The staff was friendly and relaxed, restaurant in the hotel was good. The best breakfast on the strip and as guests we got a discount.

Disappointed!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I didn't get any sleep, other guest were hollering, laughing and slamming doors in the hallway ALL night long. The room was hot, it had a window air conditioning unit that didn't work well. The grout in the shower was so nasty and black, I was afraid to take a shower for fear of getting a foot fugus.

The location, was close to the beach and shops.

Make the best of it.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The restaurant was terrible. Two margaritas and a slushy drink (no alcohol) and a appetizer platter came to 155.00!!! And that was the happy hour price. Two for one drinks and an appetizer.

Exactly as expected with the rooms. Beautiful Art Deco hotel.

The location of this hotel was absolutely perfect !

Everything was literally excellent

The location of this hotel was absolutely perfect !!! Soon as you walk outside you’re in the heart of ocean ave, literally doors down from Wet Willies . The beach is directly across the street , cvs next door for all of your convenient needs . The staff was soo warm & welcoming (like the weather) . We arrived to the hotel at about 11:30-12 & the hotel allowed us to check in early , at no additional cost . During checkout being that checkout time is 11am and my flight wasn’t until 5:30, the hotel let us keep all of our bags then so we could continue our festivities. This hotel was just excellent!! This willl definitely be the hotel that I will be staying at each time I visit Miami

The Hotel is across the street from the beach.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The room was very small. The walls were paper thin, you can hear everything that is happening in the hallways/rooms. I didn't like that there was only one toilet paper roll in the bathroom and when I asked for more, they only gave me one. Also there was bugs in the room and bed. We kept finding bug wings all over the bed when we arrive back to our room. My friend and I were grossed out!

The Hotel is across the street from the beach. Plenty of places the eat and shop. There is a 24-hour CVS next door, great to run down to get water, snacks, and toilettes.

Staff was nice.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Floor in the room was sticky and dirty, needed a good scrubbing. No furniture in the room, no place to put luggage, had to put our bags on the floor (which was dirty).

Staff was nice. Great location.

Older Miami Beach hotel in fantastic location with fun staff.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The lobby and room weren’t as clean as I normally expect in a hotel.

Staff was friendly and great location. The outdoor restaurant area was very nice.

I would return in the same place if I will stay again in Miami Beach in the future!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Best location on Ocean Dr., the room was big and clean, the restaurant staff hilarious (special mention goes to Fabiano, just brilliant - a trip to Miami is worth it only to meet him) and finally fantastic hotel staff! They kindly postponed our check out by 2 hours and the always helping Alfredo helped us in every possible way: he provided us free tickets for the club Mango and sorted the taxi for our return to the airport!

Really liked being in the heart of south beach in such an iconic building.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

No tea/coffee making facility in room. I suspect this is the norm in the US or Miami. Usually provided these days in most parts of the world.

Iconic hotel in a great location. Staff friendly and helpful. Good size room.

BE AWARE! BOOK ELSEWHERE!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

BE AWARE!! The location of the hotel is great! However that’s about the only thing. The shower is so small you can’t turn around in it and the shower curtain is so close it’s touching you. To me, that is unsanitary. It was very loud in the morning (dump trucks and workers) while you’re trying to sleep. Beyond the rooms.. there is a restaurant that is at the hotel...this so called welcoming and fun restaurant is beyond ridiculous. What I mean by this is- my fiancé and I were walking out of the hotel to walk ocean dr and we are stopped by not only one but THREE employees saying to us, “Two for one drinks and a free shot!!” So as would many do, we said okay and sat down to enjoy what was being offered to us. What you are not told is the size of the drink nor the cost of the 2-4-1 drinks you’re being offered. So you get the largest drink they have which to the eye looks like a great deal! We had our first drink and when it was coming time to get our second drink AND free shot we were asked to get up from our table and get it from the bar. Which was rude. As soon as they stopped making money THEY THOUGHT from us, we were asked to get up from the table so they could flip it again and make money.. Understandable to a point but we had planned to eat..at that point we changed our minds. We received our check- mind you WITHOUT FOOD- and it was $151 which included gratuity!!! So no matter if you’re rushed out of your seat or your service sucks you are having gratuity added. I have never in my life had gratuity added to a tab of TWO drinks and I have been all over the country as well as out of the country many times. Absolutely absurd and what they give you is the cheapest grade of alcohol you can buy.. Yes you are on South Beach and yes you expect from the cost to be more. But I as well as many others we observed , expected to get what you’re paying for.

ONLY THING WE LIKED WAS THE LOCATION- that’s it!

great location if you want to be in the action. not necessarily family friendly.
    • Deluxe Double Room

check in time of 4pm is kinda crazy. - 2 fights - 1 fight on the 2nd floor at 2am then I'm assuming same people staying next room to us continued their crazy till 5am - hotel staff said they were kicked out but not true because the crazy continued with loud cursing etc at 10am when I had come back from brunch. - and yes complaints were made

Alfredo, he was like the concierge super helpful and friendly

Lovely bit of history in a fantastic location
    • Deluxe Double Room

The rooms were noisy. There was a lot of people on the streets and this could be heard from the room until the early hours

Could do with coffee making facilities in the room.

Overpriced, not very clean, and not friendly.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The young clerk with the man bun... was rude... not interested in helping us. He wasn't friendly. At. All.

The scent of the free shampoo. And the valet was very nice. I think his name was Alfredo

The location was great!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The rooms are not the greatest. Not the cleanest, unfortunately, I could tell right away that the fitted sheet on my bed was used!!! Yikes!!! Bathroom wasn’t better...no fan so it got super steamy every time we showered. This hotel is in a great location, but it is pricey for what you really get. I would not recommend this hotel or stay there again.

The location was great! The staff was nice and helpful.

Great Location, Over priced drinks, great staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bar toilets and lack of attention to detail about the place. Badly fitting doors, paint flicking, plaster cracked and breaking!

Perfect Location..... could do with a sweep in General. When you check out the toilets you are left using which are also the bar toilets need decoration. They are clean and hygienic but you expect a hell of a lot more from a place charging $220 for a round of drinks!! Time to spend some Money Colony! There's only so much work cleaning staff can do

Good hotel apart from noisy restaurant and lack of parking.Would not stay this close to Ocean drive
    • Deluxe Queen Room

We disliked having restaurant staff (which is a separate franchise) pouncing on us to eat there every time we went in and out of the hotel.We ate there once ,food good but hated the very loud Latino music playing all day and evening.So loud we couldn't even talk to each other.When we asked if they would mind turning music down they said o.k. but did nothing.Also no parking at hotel, cheapest carpark was 2 blocks away and $20 per day, expect to pay $35 plus near hotel.

Hotel staff very helpful and pleasant.Good location for beach and fireworks on New Years Eve.

Expected it to be noisy but was very quiet. Had a nice rest!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Not enough wall outlets and bathroom was small - not enough room for bathroom items (e.g. shelves, no counter space whatsoever)

Staff was very friendly & room was clean.

• Deluxe Double Room

Not very clean rooms- half drank bottle of water left in room and rubbish on the ground. Rooms very small. Could hear everything in surrounding rooms.

Friendly staff at front desk
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room was very small, bathroom old and need renovation and the floor in the room was just dirty & sticky

Friendly staff at front desk Location

Nice hotel would stay there again! Great location!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Not sure if the restaurant downstairs belongs to hotel or not... they gave us 40% off breakfast but tried to charge extras in bill to offset... like a smoothie we didn’t have and the yogurt was an extra charge not included with fruit salad when it clearly listed it on menu! And the waiter was insistent on it!

Totally renovated and clean room with plenty towels and toiletries

Great Party Vibe on South Beach
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Prices and it was very loud.

Great classic location. Party rich environment. This isn't a relaxing location, the hotel and surrounding hotels played loud music til 2 a.m. and started back up again at 7a.m. We expected this and it worked for us. South Beach is very expensive. Read the fine print and ask questions on the menu. We had what we thought was a good value breakfast, and the bill came. $102! This hotel itself was very nice though and the staff was very friendly. Had fun.

Iconic hotel on Ocean Drive
    • Deluxe Double Room

A bit overpriced. Friendly staff. Avoid the restaurant even for breakfast: you'll never get a 40% discount as advertised in the lobby

Great location. Iconic hotel

Classic Miami, wonderful location
    • Deluxe Double Room

The sidewalk bar in front of the hotel is a complete rip off with secretive pricing and sticker shock when you get the bill. You will be sorry if you get a drink there, though the hotel staff and bar staff push it. Bar staff claim no affiliation with the hotel. There are plenty of bars and restaurants within the block, so go somewhere else, but don't stop (or get up and leave) if they don't put their prices on the menu.

Classic art deco hotel, right on the beach (as close as you can get at South Beach), hotel is updated nicely but keeps the original bones and quirks, there are some tight quarters, friendly staff, beds were a bit hard and creaky, but overall everything was functional and a very comfortable place to stay.

Great hotel in the heart of South Beach Ocean Drive!!!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bathroom was quite tiny but did it's purpose. The shower definitely needed some re-chalking. In addition, I wished there was at least 1 luggage rack. I often had to ask for more towels. Valet cost was a little high, but that's expected since it's not much parking and if you have a car for more than 1 day (I stayed 2 nights), using valet ends up being cheaper than parking in the street and paying parking tolls. Also it eases the difficulty and headache of trying to find parking. There were a few times I had to wait as long as 45 minutes to get my car even when I followed the requested time of calling 30 minutes ahead of time.

Staff was friendly and had good customer service. Nice touch to be greeted at check in with a free choice of water or a glass of champagne. Loved how the hotel was where all the action and heart of the South Beach life in Miami! The TV in the room was big. Although I was worried I was going to feel cramped in the small 2-double bed room with 2 other people, it actually turned out to be just the right space for all 3 of us. Because of the location and the hotel attracting more of a younger 20-30+ years old population, don't expect to have a great night sleep in a relaxed and quiet atmosphere. If you want that type of ambience don't stay here! But if you like a more upbeat, lively and beach with lots of night life this is the perfect spot!

Bed was very comfortable, staff was super friendly.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Air conditioning didn’t work well. The room stayed pretty hot. We had to ask for towels to shower every day.

Bed was very comfortable, staff was super friendly.

Don't stay if wifi is important to you. Do stay if you love art deco, living history & great beds!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

LOUSY wifi (told will improve with a new contract in 2018); VERY noisy outside bar area with bar staff soliciting hotel clients for cafe business; inconsiderate late night guests; staff constantly on mobile phones. Car parking $35 per night. This hotel is not suitable for wheelchair users.

Suitable for reduced mobility disabled; excellent beds & bedding; good housekeeping; very helpful, informative & friendly staff; really good cafe on site. Yummy French toast! On the strip, so you're where the action is, with the beach just over the road PLUS free use of beach towels. Enjoyed hearing about the history of this famous art deco hotel, located in the Art Deco Historic District. This prompted taking a couple of art deco tours via the Art Deco Welcome Centre, just a couple of blocks beachside. The hotel looks FABULOUS lit up at night!

- The location could not be better, as it's located on...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

- The windows can not be opened. - The rooms are extremely humid and the air does not feel fresh. - The air condition is very loud. - The bathroom is very small.

- The location could not be better, as it's located on Ocean Drive and you just need to cross the street to get to the beach. - The staff was friendly.

Surprise trip to Miami
    • Deluxe Double Room

Some of the other guests were loud in the hallways, could not open windows to enjoy breeze

Clean rooms, amazing location, surprisingly quiet, great price

The hotel is centrally located to south beach.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The rooms were a little small but not horrible.the bathroom was decent but the biggest issue was there wasn't any easily accessible outlets. The only outlet was behind the night stand so you had to unplug the lamp and radio to charge our phones or to use the iron. Other than that everything was pretty good.

The hotel is centrally located to south beach. It's close to everything and the beach is right across the street.

I may not stay there again but it was a good experience.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I didn't like unexpected charges to my account. There was a couple of dead and alive roaches in our bathroom. Hair was in our sheets, not ours, we checked the bed before laying in it.

The staff was very pleasant and provided a great welcome to the hotel.

Not bad
    • Deluxe Queen Room

We wait more than an hour for valer parking and the driver was hostil when we ask why, then they charge me full day valer parking also the hotel smells like marihuana a lot because some people inside smoke drugs

The beach in front of the hotel

...just a good location and friendly staff at the desk
    • Deluxe Double Room

The air conditioning was terrible it was very noisy and right next to the bed at the height of the bed pointing directly the bed which caused me a terrible back ache that lasted for over a week and I wasn't basically able to walk. The room wasn't as nice as it looked in the pictures but obviously you get what you pay for.

The location is great as it is on Ocean Dr. and it takes 2 minutes to be at the beach. The beds are comfortable but I would recommend just for shorts stays, we only stayed for one night.

friendly and helpful staff,good location for my work.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The parking prive,resturant menue and drink prices to high. I want to be a valued guest and stay more often,because I am in Miami area every 3 to 4 weeks,need a discounted price,to help my expenses.

The location for my work. The parking expensive,the restaurant separate,expensive with $25 to 50.00 drinks,lol. people/staff friendly

We were very happy with everything, very nice staff, very helpful. We will book in the near future.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The only thing that bothered me was the loud air condition, that is all :-)

Very convenient, close to the beach. Friends recommended this hotel, we stayed only a few nights, we had no problems no issues.

Excellent stay on ocean drive.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The sink in the bathroom was clogged.

The proximity to the beach and parking garage. Excellent location. Cute room. The concierge was very resourceful, accommodating and welcoming. Our room was available for very early check in. I would definitely return.

My stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel itself housekeeping didn't clean my room not even once, replace towels, washcloths or anything.Driving is horrible it takes forever to get anywhere since its the main strip traffic was completely stopped at times

I liked the location its in walking distance of all the stores,attractions and etc. But the front desk staff did a really good job with us and explaining everything.

Clean hotel close to the beach, but don't stay here alone of you're a female!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bed was not very comfortable and it is extremely noisy here! The walls are insanely thin, you can hear people in the halls and in their rooms being noisy at all hours of the day and night. Unfortunately, there was construction right next door as well. So I woke up to banging and a jack hammer around 7 am every morning. The staff were friendly for the most part, but I didn't appreciate them hitting on me every time I walked by the front desk(all very young guys). The restaurant staff(which is not affiliated with the hotel, yet is inside the hotel) were even worse about flirting. One guy even propositioned me for sex(!?!), as he "had an hour and a half to kill before his shift started"! For this reason alone I didn't feel comfortable staying here, as I was staying by myself. To be honest, I felt more comfortable staying at the hostel down the street. I only left there because I wanted a couple nights of peaceful sleep in my own room, but that thought didn't work out at this hotel.

The location was perfect, right across the street from the beach! Rooms were clean and bathrooms were nice.

Enjoyed my stay!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The loud and obnoxious hotel guests were truly annoying.

The staff were amazing! I'd stay again. The front desk staff and housekeeping staff were great!

Good location.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room smaller than I thought. For a family the rooms can be kind of cramped, and the location Might not be family oriented if you have young children. For couples its perfect.

Good location. Right across the street from beach

Location, Beach, Food, Beautiful People and Entertainment it's all HERE!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Only negative I can speak of is that the rooms are super small but if all you need the room for is to sleep it's perfect. Honestly with South Beach across the street, night clubs and restaurants there's way too much to do and see to be stuck in the room.

Location, Location, Location...did I mention the Location was great? The Colony is a classic! It's an old but nicely refurbished hotel. The staff was super friendly, professional and attentive. If you can handle the hubbub get a room facing Ocean Drive. If you need some quiet ask for one in the back towards the alley. In the Lobby and open air restaurant downstairs there is music playing day and night, scantly clad, beautiful people occupy the sidewalks and the beach it's literally steps away from the hotel's lobby. If you are driving get ready to pay $30 per night for parking. Honestly you don't need a car. EVERYTHING you could possibly need is within walking distance and if it isn't Uber it. I highly recommend The Colony for any wild party weekend!

Maria The Housekeeper Was Excellente.....
    • Deluxe Double Room

The View sucked we faced a wall

I really liked our housekeeper Maria was really nice I did not have to call to the desk she was always out working when I needed something she would take care of it ;-)

BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT SPOT...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The night clerk took forever to come, check in was horrible at 8 pm. There was only one clerk and since the restaurant employees are not part of the hotel, NO ONE wanted to help us. We waited along with 3 other guests. Room cards given by that clerk were not working ONE guess came back 5 times for that issue. He did not speak to his guests, did not apologize to his guests, he just really did not care at all about his guests.

I loved my room. The Ocean view was AMAZING, we had front row seats to Ocean drive.. It was perfect. The morning Staff was extremely friendly and pleasant. The room was BEAUTIFUL! The beds comfortable. Located conveniently on the strip no need to drive around! Will go again.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Decent place but wont return back!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room was pretty small and the windows did not open so it was extremely hot and uncomfortable. The toilet kept blocking up and we also had so many cockroaches which was very dirty this was reported and they cleaned the rooms and spray our room but the cockroaches still came back and they were in the bedroom and all over the toilet. Lastly, the wifi was awful it never worked and when it did you had to keep re-entering the login details and password so for the whole trip the wifi did not work for us efficiently.

The location was great and also the receptionist Claudio was the best! He has great customer service skills and really made us feel welcomed he made our Miami trip special.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Great location, comfortable vacation spot
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The high cost for drinks and food is ridiculous.

Great location, nice staff, always available. You dont have to track the staff down they are always attentive. For the price room was ok. Clean, and comfortable.

great location, friendly staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

noisy air conditioning, squeeky floors from above, other people staying there were extremely loud and obnoxious at night, could not sleep

great location, friendly staff

Epicenter of the South Beach party is at The Colony Hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

The Colony Hotel is a great value for your money. It is located right across from the beach. The rooms are small but tastefully updated and comfortable. Great shower, great bed. Only one channel on the TV and the day we requested our room cleaned it took a little while but was well done when completed. Staff at The Colony Hotel are amazing; friendly, courteous, helpful, and very laid back. Friday night got a little loud as there is music and people out front constantly. If you are looking for a quiet stay, do not stay in South Beach. If you want to be at the center of the part, The Colony Hotel is where you need to be.

Cinco De Mayo Weekend 2017
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I didn't like staying in the same room two different trips in a row room 101, my trips were only two weeks apart.

I like how the staff made a problem that could've resulted lost of business forever, turn into positive & retention of future business.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Ideal location....friendly staff!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There is a restaurant/bar within the lobby and outside of the hotel which is run by another company. The food/drinks/service were good, however being a lively holiday destination, staff were always touting for business so everytime we entered or exited the building we were approached asking uf we wanted a table/to see the menu/drinks etc......this even happened right after we'd just eaten there then gone into get a bag for the beach! I realise that this is not actually related to the hotel stay itself but still a little off putting.

Great location for Ocean Drive. The staff of the hotel were very helpful and informative. We found the room room to be clean and tidy as expected. An extra bonus was that the bed super kingsize bed was extremely comfortable!

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

If you enjoy the fabulous sounds of jackhammering, book The Colony Hotel
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The most unpleasant experience was the room. The hotel staff neglected to inform their guests that there was construction next door. They were literally jackhammering as soon as I walked in the room and it went on for four hours. It started all over again at 8am the next morning. I informed the front desk and I was told, "oh yes, that can be irritating,sorry"....I was floored. I wasn't offered another room, a meal, nothing. I had to complain 4 times until finally the next day in the afternoon they offered another room. The floor had a mildew odor and the elevator can only fit 2 people with luggage 4 without. Which means I waited twice to go up. Needless to say, my stay was supposed to be for 4 nights, I stayed one.

The location was perfect. Right in the middle of the strip. Close proximity to various restaurants and shops. The beach is directly across the street. The waiter was accommodating and quick. Although the bar is small, the drinks were good.

You get what you pay for staying on Ocean Dr in South Beach - nice hotel, but some flaws.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Even though it was a sound proof building, the walls between the rooms were paper thin. It would've been convenient to have a microwave in the room since there was a fridge. I saw two cockroaches in the bathroom that would run into the cracks of the walls, but they never left the bathroom that I know of and I never saw them anywhere else. The rest of the room was clean.

The bed was comfy and clean, I loved the location! The hotel always smelled fresh when we walked in at the end of the day. It is very busy right outside the hotel and when you step into your hotel room, you would never think it was going on outside. Awesome soundproof building.

• Deluxe Double Room

Service limited. Parking expensive. They shut down elevator for painting and had to carry luggage down the stairs. Asked for a coffee cup to use in room and would not give me one. Had to get ice from bar which often was very crowded NOISE NOISE And more noise!!!! Though room relatively quiet.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

The location and the staff were super.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bathroom was disgusting. Three lower rows of tiles plus the entire floor full of fungus. Smell of chlorine indicated cleaing, however it would be easy for the hotel to re-grout the tiles to Ensure cleanliness.

The location and the staff were super.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Good Location, ok Hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

other guest were really loud all night. Restaurant up front is WAY overpriced! 45$ for a fishbowl cocktail....not the hotels fault but might want to get another restaurant there who doesnt rip people off

central location and very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Good experience but be realistic about it.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Extremely aggressive male server at front of restaurant who basically nearly trampled over me to get to my partner just to hassle us to eat until my fiance said flatly we were just trying to get to our room upstairs. I don't mind this as all the restaurants have staff hassling people on the street to come in to eat but this hotel really needs to know when not to be violent about it! There's enticing the customer and then there's seriously injuring someone! On our last night(Tues night) they had contractors moving furniture at 12-1 in the morning and not lifting the heavy chairs and tables but dragging them screeching against the floor working as fast as possible probably. We had an early flight and hardly had any sleep due to the horrible screeching sounds downstairs as we were on the second floor. Maybe be a little more considerate to your guests who are trying to sleep and take an extra 20 min moving furniture carefully and quietly. Wifi requires guests to log in with password every single time you want to access the internet. It's not an automatic log in once you put the password in the first time. This is fairly annoying. However at least there is free wifi. I don't suspect many guests are on the internet anyway. Regardless I have given this hotel a very high score due to the things that matter the most. If contractors were doing work the first night I might have been less generous. We were very cautious with the reviews about cockroaches and lack of cleanliness but it was a decent hotel. Keep in mind that the hotel also has specific beach towels you can request for at the front desk. DON'T be stupid and use your bath towels for the beach and then complain that they won't give you more towels for your stay. If you have any questions the front desk is super friendly and helpful and always want to help you. They are gracious. I can't say anything about the restaurant or the bar.

The location is perfect and the room although small (was to be expected as it is a very old building) and was clean. It ended up being a king sized bed instead of a queen. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The windows kept out the noise surprisingly well. Very powerful a/c and even a ceiling fan to boot. Clean bathroom (shower only, no tub).

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Colony hotel in January
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There was a drunk female causing alot of problems later that night but the staff jumped in and got the police involved and took care of the problem fast. So good job to the staff for fast thinking.

Location was great and the staff stayed on top of things.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Bed was extremely comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We were here for seven nights. The sheets were never changed on our bed. Had to ask for toilet paper, soap and shampoo regularly. Towels were changed once. Need another outlet in the room to charge Iphones, computers etc.

Bed was extremely comfortable. Had a room at the back of the hotel. No view, but was definitely quiet. No issues there. Hotel close to everything. Front desk staff were terrific.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Family trip terrible hotel

Staff attitude and cleanliness

Terrible hotel. Bathroom doesn't work and stinks. Very outdated. Nasty and rude staff. Paid for valet car but had to wait 2 hours each time to get the car.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Awesome stay at The Colony
    • Deluxe Double Room

Great location and updated rooms. Much nicer than I expected. They also arranged for a taxi to the airport that came in record time AND the driver brought coffee.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Perfect stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Nothing - fantastic value for money stay

Location perfect, room great value for money, clean, comfortable and good shower. Staff exceptional with a special mention for Brett and Jamal.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Not use to staff charge on breakfast bill, gratuity extra 3...
    • Deluxe Double Room

More outlets for phones/iPads No microwave to use Limited space in bathroom for shave kits/ etc. 1 shelf 5' off floor above toilet 5"X18" Oversized TV 1/2 of counter space

Not use to staff charge on breakfast bill, gratuity extra 3 people $50.00 + for Simple breakfast but good, coffee super strong at best Luke warm

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Old yet unique stay experience
    • Deluxe Double Room

- 3 hotel receptionists of which 2 were welcoming and helpful and the 3rd (and oldest of them) was rude and aggressive !! - Valet parking takes the car 6 blocks away for parking so it takes 20 to 30 min to get the car back to the hotel

Magnificent Location and Art Deco unique design

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

The stay was uncomfortable
    • Deluxe Double Room

We found one of the staff members showering in our room. There were cockroaches in the bathroom. When we raise the issue to front desk the guy was not interested noh was he helpful with anything. The room was too small, especially the bathroom,the heat in there was bearable. The house keeping did not clean well or replace the glasses. Did not like it at all.

The bed was okay

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

What I liked most was the walk in shower.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Only think I didn't like was I had to park in a garage and paid some money for it but that's how it goes in locations like that.

What I liked most was the walk in shower. The shower head came from the ceiling and was contemporary feel.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Very nice and helpful manager saw us with our baby and gave...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The water in the shower didn't get warm.

Very nice and helpful manager saw us with our baby and gave us a free upgrade to the Ocean Front Suite - excellent! Thank's for a great stay

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

friendly staff, soft towels and good ambiente.
    • Deluxe Double Room

the room keys muss always be reset and the room door have some dificulties to be closed.

Personal always there and very friendly, the towels are perfect, very withe and soft and the right quantity for the family group also the bad products are very chic. they provide beach towels. thanks boys

Browse Colony Hotel traveller photo gallery