Reviews of The Cove at Yarmouth, a VRI resort 3 stars

183 Main Street, Yarmouth, MA 02673, USA

#3 of 3 hotels in Yarmouth

I loved that everything was right there, restaurant,...
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

That everything didn’t open till 9 or 10, would have liked an earlier time, half the day was over by opening time!

I loved that everything was right there, restaurant, entertainment, fitness, and pool. I didn’t have to leave!!!

It was okay. But I don't think I'll be back.
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

The rec center costing money for activites & it closes way to early, especially on a weekend. We were very disappointed with this. The pool closed at 9:30 on a Friday night when its posted its opened till 10pm. Also, we did not enjoy having to take the garbage out and undo the all the bedding before checking out. I have never had to do that in any condo, or facility I have ever been to.

Bed was comfortable. I liked the pool set up but wished they had someone monitoring it. Trying to enjoy the hot tub and parents were allowing children in it.

Awesome!! We will be Back!!
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

Loud guest’s in he halls all the way up til 3am both Friday and Sat. Also if you stay in a Townhouse and have young children. Probably don’t get a room with a pool view. Pool stays open to 10pm. Pretty loud in the room.

Been here before. The TownHouses are excellent. We love the space and kitchenette. We love the location. Easy access to all the Cape has to offers.

Terrific place to stay. Close to everything. Townhouse had plenty of room. The Loft was great.
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

Would've liked the pool a little warmer and the hot tub a little less hot.

The staff were fantastic from check in to check out. I even called previously to find out more about the activity center and what was available there. The woman spent a lot of time on the phone with me explaining about the basketball, tennis, racquetball, air hockey and pool table as well as the game room. We were in a townhouse with 2 bathrooms. It was fantastic. Lots of room for all of us. Kids included. We had breakfast in the room and then set out for the Irish Festival and Parade. It was terrific. We had a great time there watching the parade and listening to the Irish music. The kids enjoyed the pool. Parents enjoyed the hot tub. They had a great band in The Loft each night which is right at the hotel. We had a great time at The Loft and the food and staff were great. Highly recommend The Cove. We'll definitely be back.

The room was nice and clean. It had ample furniture for sitting and relaxing.
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

Elevator wasn't working while we were there. Front desk gave conflicting information about accommodations at the facility. Restaurant/bar was at capacity while we were there so we weren't able to enjoy the band.

I loved the sitting area outside our room. There were plenty of couches and tables/chairs for visitors.

Good place to stay for a basketball tourney

Room numbers don't make any sense It's also Maze like. Hard to find your room

The new Loft The bands at the Loft. Staff are all nice Rooms are always nice

We have stayed here multiple times.
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

We stayed 3 nights and never really had hot enough water and the pull out couch was extremely uncomfortable.

We have stayed here multiple times. Great for kids

Great=get rid of that restaurant!!!
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

Vinton i believe was his name, but his partner at the front desk, she was rude. Never even acknowledged we were standing there....for ten minutes. I would remember her name if i heard it. Rest owner is HORRIBLE!!!! EVERY EXPERIENCE THERE IS A BAD EXPERIENCE!!!! SHE CANT BE BOTHERED!

I love that its close to home. Most of the staff was AMAZING!!!! Always clean and beautiful!!

Wonderful
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

We parked on arrival and forgot to put pass in car... we did an hour later to find a. Isolation on our windshield... we registered the car upon arrival and since it was winter there was ample parking...

Very nice setting w/ many amenities... we did not use the pool. Looked nice

The town house bed was exceptionally comfortable.
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

The specific model of keurig coffee maker was most frustrating. You could only add a very small amount of water up to a "fill line". If you added too much, it leaked all over the counter. Poor design by Keurig. It would have been most helpful in the resort description to let customers know that the town house accommodations were on the 2nd floor in buildings that don't have elevators.

The town house bed was exceptionally comfortable. It was like settling into a fluffy cloud that embraced you as you began to fall asleep.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

All that glitters...
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

No A/C- windows had to be sealed lest the heat turn on, since it was a climate controlled room. The loft was roasting and I had to buy my own fan at a local Walgreens. The concierges were acerbic, tight, non-friendly and/or conversion, grim-appearing, offered little assistance; upon my arrival did not offer assistance with my baggage-I had to ask! NO ELEVATORS!! The staircase to the Townhouses was like a trip up to the torch of the Statue of Liberty, with heavy suitcases to boot!! I definitely would NOT stay here again-for the rate and lack of convenience I would stay at the Hampton Inn ...

No breakfast, no morning amenities. I enjoyed the townhouse; it was immaculate and novel, with a skylight to look at the sky.

Great pool area and restaurant and the beds are so comfortable! A+
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

there was nothing that we didn't like, it was very positive.

The beds were so comfortable, we slept so good. The pool area was large and had activities that the grand-children did, coloring book bags with fabric markers. They loved it. There was a smaller kiddie pool that the dads sat in with the smaller grand-children for hours. It was the perfect set up for the whole family. The restaurant was wonderful and had live music that was so good! The food was very good, the waitress was wonderful and great with all the small children. We had the beet salad with grilled salmon and it was very good. They were very kid friendly and let the grand-children dance on the dance floor while the food was being prepared. The kids had a blast. It was a very positive family vibe place.

Great stay!!
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

It was a great value for the money we paid. The townhouse was spacious and beautiful. The property is centrally located, and my wife and I had a great dinner in the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Excellent stay even in the winter. Will return in the summer time.
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

Would have liked to have a stove in the room, but I think town ordinances do not allow for it.

We stayed in a recently renovated townhouse. It was very nice and comfortable with amenities (refrigerator, microwave, sink; no stove). Comfortable sofa bed and two bathrooms were wonderful to have with a large family. Also location of hotel next to Hyannis makes it very convenient to run out to the grocery store, have dinner, make a run to the mall.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Staff was wonderful.
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

Was not aware the pool and restaurant was closed for yearly maintenance. That was the whole reason we went away. However management took that in to consideration

Staff was wonderful. Very clean.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

The rooms were spotless, bed very comfortable.
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

When I booked I didn't realize pool and restaurant were closed for renovations. I expected to spend Saturday afternoon by the pool. Although I loved the place I would if booked elsewhere had I known.

The rooms were spotless, bed very comfortable. Staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Thanksgiving week at the Cove
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

I didn't like that the pool wasn't heated and that there wasn't a means of cooking in the room only a microwave.

The bed was comfy as well as the pillows. The pool was pleasant with a heated kiddie pool and hot tub.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Early checkout.

We love the townhouses. Ample space, free wifi, with the option to upgrade (daily fee). It includes a microwave, dishes, Keurig machine, cutlery & fridge. You can buy k cups from the front desk for $1 or 10 for $8.00. It has two bathrooms, two tv's, one dvr, and an hdmi port under the downstairs tv. The restaurant on site is now open. great place to visit. The downside: checkout is at 10 am.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

We had a great stay , very clean rooms and the resturant was nice !!
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

Bigger coffee maker and if you provided the k-cups to go with it .. that you didn't have to bye them .

The rooms where very nice and clean , bed was very comfortable .

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Nice facilities, but not a great stay if you have kids that may be 3 or under.
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

We went away for the weekend with my family (12 total) and stayed in 3 separate rooms. The point of going away was for the kids (ages 18 months-9 years old) to spend a weekend with their grandparents, aunts, uncles and parents by swimming and just having good family time. Upon arrival at the pool, there were signs posted that the littlest kids (ages 3 and under) were not actually allowed in the main pool, but were instead sanctioned to a special 'kid pool'. This was a huge inconvenience because the point was for all of the children to be able to play together and not have the two littlest stuck inside a fenced in area away from the rest of the family. Apparently the website does say that children under 3 are not allowed in the big pool, however we have NEVER encountered this at other places where we have stayed. From now on we will check with the resorts before booking a family trip like this, but had we known, we definitely would have taken our reservation to a hotel/pool where children under the age of 3 are welcomed to swim with the 'big kids'.

The newly renovated suite was beautiful.
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

Could have used a later check out. When I called to ask for one I was told check out is at 1100!!

The newly renovated suite was beautiful. I booked this trip to help cheer up a friend who recently lost her husband to cancer . I had been to the Cove years ago and had hoped it was well maintained over the years. I was not disappointed thank you !!!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

From Cape May to Cape Cod
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

Elevator would help. Looking at the demographics of the people there from 9/17 - 9/20 they were 50 and above so we had to lug the luggage to the 2nd floor up 16 steps. Should have the elevator or a valet. No outside deck and plenty of room for one.

Spaciousness of the room, 2 full baths, comfort of the room. 2 TV's.

My favorite place to stay!! Clean, comfy, staff was excellent.
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

I can't think of anything...

The room was spotleas. Thats why i keep going back

I love the cove!

They should have continental breakfast and at least check out at 11am

I love the cove! Been going there for 15 years now.

The convenience of the pool for the kids as well as the...
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

The amenities we're all good.

The convenience of the pool for the kids as well as the restaurant/bar.

Everything!

Nothing!!

Everything!!!! And having a poolside room!!!

great time

no breakfast

the room layout

It was fine I usually come there at least 1x a year.
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

Room temperature was very erratic A lot of times it was cold with cold air blowing out of the vents, and then it would get hot. Not comfortable.

Bed very comfortable!
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

Arcade room. Very disappointing for the kids

Bed very comfortable! Loved the rooms on the first floor

Great room excellent restaurant on site friendly staff

Great room excellent restaurant on site friendly staff

Overall very good
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

That room was cleaned during our stay - trash not emptied and towel left on kitchen table

Comfortable room/townhouse apt

Check out time is too early.

Check out time is too early.. considering the check in time is 4:00

Staff was not prepared or overwhelmed with school vacation...
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

Staff was not prepared or overwhelmed with school vacation crowd. We did not have hot water and parking is limited.

Staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating

Staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating

Indoor pool is fantastic.
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

Indoor pool is fantastic. Signage inside is pretty lacking so bring a map.

great
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

bed very comfy.....we only went for one overnight so didn't see the dining area

Very enjoyable
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

No elevator to get to townhouse Couldn't use the fire pits

Smell of cigarette smoke everywhere

Smell of cigarette smoke everywhere

No coffee provided ( in room)

No coffee provided ( in room) No bottled water provided

The units

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Beds were nice.
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

Pool was closed for 3 days. Had to change rooms because we lost WI-FI.

Beds were nice. Liked the two story layout.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Walls are very thin

Two bathrooms

We had a great stay!
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

No elevators to your room!

They had a restaurant on the premises and it also had entertainment! The food was great!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Could drive to any location within an hour.
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

Only a very small refrigerator in the one bedroom unit and only a microwave for cooking

Suite and location was perfect

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Relaxing and quiet
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

could have done with a balcony .

Staff very very helpful , rooms spacious , clean and very comfortable .

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Clean, convenient, our stay was the best that we have had on the Cape!
    • One-Bedroom Townhouse

Everything... Room was clean loft restaurant was great and convienent

There are also 57 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.