Reviews of The Cove On Ormond Beach By Diamond Resorts 3 stars

145 South Atlantic Avenue, Ormond Beach, FL 32176, USA

#8 of 26 hotels in Ormond Beach

Not a place we would stay again!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The resort is in need of repair. Our first room had exposed wall plugs, beds that didn’t fit the frames, because of the size and location of the bed, it made using the dresser impossible. Although this did have a kitchen there was no place for food storage and the garbage disposal was not working, overall very disappointing. This is not the first Diamond Resort location we have stayed in and we are not impressed with Diamond Resorts!

The beach was very nice and we enjoy staying in the Daytona Beach area.

wondedrful
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

there is no negative features of the resort everything is great

We have stayed there many times before the facility is excellent the staff is very helpful all act like they enjoy being there. the place is always very clean and the furnishing are up to date the beds and pillars are one of the most comfortable of any place we have stayed at.

Never again!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Rude staff. Uncomfortable furniture in the room. Advertised ocean front but a six foot fence blocking the ocean. Had to walk to another building for ice. Very dirty indoor pool and pool area. On line pictures show a beautiful water slide and a game room-neither exist!

The lazy river was fun for my grandchild.

Was clean and reasonably priced.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Staff was friendly only when spoken to. Staff otherwise walked by without any interaction. I have never been at hotel without daily housekeeping and felt like that was a big negative with sand from the beach. Definitely needed more room coffee, supplies if that was the case! I wish there was a little more in walking distance from hotel. Wish there was poolside bar for drinks and live music. We also spoke with the desk to get late check-out. It was granted but then we we're locked out of my room at normal check out time.

Was clean and reasonably priced. Beach views good.

Not only was the entire building very clean and smoke free,...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

There was wonderful pool for children to play safely in but I would have preferred an outside pool for grown-ups as well.

Not only was the entire building very clean and smoke free, the security and presence of staff was excellent.

I had a very enjoyable week.
    • Studio

I really didn't dislike anything.

The staff was very friendly and my accomadations were great. I loved my view on the 5th floor. I will definitely stay there in October. I have a brother that in a Family Assistant Living Home. I brought him back to my hotel room so that we could have quality time.

We were disappointed at check in with the additional costs, but had a great time!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I didn't like that I was unaware of a Daily Resort Fee that I had to pay upon arrive PLUS a $100 deposit. The rooms do not get cleaned at all during your stay unless it is a week. We had to go to lobby to get new towels.

Our room was on the top floor with a beautiful view of the pool and ocean. The room was fantastic and loved having a kitchen and washer/dryer.

We will never stay here again
    • Studio

1. After check even though we were only staying one night, we were introduced to a very pushy person that took up an extra 15mins of our time trying to talk us into taking a hour in a half sales pitch. We advise no interest as we wanted just a one day relaxing getaway. 2. Received a early morning call about our check out time and yes again being told about doing the tour. I was very annoyed with this as I declined to be called or disturbed and was well aware of the time of departure. 3. The room we were given was right next to housekeeping and it was noisy.

The location of the hotel and the check in staff was great.

It was an OK experience but it is not likely that I will come back.
    • Studio

- Water pressure inside the shower was very poor. - The Murphy bed was uncomfortable and offered little support. - I payed an extra $20.00 a day for unnecessary fees? This extra $60.00 was not expected.

- Room was clean and modern. - Staff was friendly.

Room is ok and what we expected but they try to sell you into a time share aggressively.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

They try to aggressively sell you on a timeshare.

The room was what we expected. Everything was as advertised but we didnt expect someone trying to sell us a timeshare.

It was ok kids loved it
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I didn't like that our room was not all the way clean I found some man draws under dresser an socks under bed an they smelled bad an tub was not clean

Everything was nice

My stay was great the staff was extremely friendly and I forgot the floor attendant name but he was
    • Studio

It was a stale smell on the 3rd floor but being by a beach it could have just been the water

The staff was extremely friendly and the staff knew us by name and address us by our names

Great place to relax and enjoy the area.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Only complaint was not being able to log on to the internet. The staff tried but could not fix it. I think something in my laptop prevents a full logon.

The room is a nice size, kitchen well appointed. Bed was comfortable, plenty of towels, etc. Lovely view and a small balcony - ok for two. Pool was warm - not for laps - but the lazy river is nice. Staff was very nice.

WORST VACATION EVER!!!!
    • Studio

THE ROOM I BOOKED HAD A MURPHY BED! HOW DO YOU CALL YOURSELF A RESORT AND OFFER A MURPHY BED. AFTER CALLING BOOKING.COM. THEY OFFERED A DIFFERENT ROOM. WE HAD TWO SEPERATE ROOMS AND ENDED UP WITH A TWO BEDROOM. SO, WE GAVE UP PRIVACY WITH NO DIFFERENCE IN PRICE. THEN TO TOP IT OFF, MY BEDROOM HAD A LEAK. WHEN I REPORTED IT, THEY GAVE US TOWELS TO LAY ON THE FLOOR. ALSO, THE HOT TUB WAS OUT OF ORDER FOR THE FIRST TWO DAYS.

My expectations were not met!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I didn’t like the size of the elevator, bedroom, the furniture, & the service of removing the towels & trash.

I like the friendliness of the clerk & the location of the resort.

One expensive night of no sleep. It was like the Tower of Terror. !!!!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Terrible management. I talked with the manager and complained, because They stuck me in a room next to elevator. The shaft of elevator was right on the wall next to my headboard. All night long and especially at 5am In the morning when everyone started checking out, the whole wall would vibrate and make noises. I asked to have another night in a different room, (complimentary) , since I got no sleep, and they refused. The manager offered a couple more hours (in the same room)!LOL. What a joke. They really shouldn’t even rent that room out, unless they tell you upfront that it’s noisy.

The staff up at the front desk. We’re nice and felt sorry for me. They couldn’t believe that the management was so nasty, and inconsiderate.

Studio room is overpriced for the inconvenience.
    • Studio

The A/C in the outside halls was very cold. Also we stayed in the studio and the Murphy bed was nice BUT there was a couch in front and the cushions had to be removed in order to pull down the bed over it. There was not enough room to move the couch elsewhere and so it was either the bed or the couch. We did not like this at all, though the Murphy bed was very comfy. But you couldn't sit up in it and relax because the wall was too far away. Also there are no towel racks in the bathroom. The light in the main area was a fan and light and to change the fan speed, there was no remote. You had to get on a chair. In order to have the fan on and the light off at night, you had to stand on a chair to turn off the light. There should be a remote. Simple solution. The room was overpriced with these inconveniences. We are in our 60's and on pretty good shape. We would not stay in a studio again.

The facility was clean and nicely decorated.

• Studio

Mold in shower when I checked in they offered to change room however the shower mold was worst in that room chose to stay in 1st room. They sent housekeeping up to clean shower the lady did a good job but had to put up with smell of cleaning product rest of night. also didn't like being sent over to desk of man trying to sell time shares. I drove most of day and just wanted to room

We would like to come back.
    • Studio

Had everything but a kettle but we used a pot instead to boil water for tea. No worries!

The layout of the room was ideal. Everything was in it's place and well organized.

Loved the entire atmosphere of this property and its staff.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I did not like the fact that there was only one elevator in the building. It was a long wait to get on initially but the elevator was fast once you were on.

Loved the entire atmosphere of this property and its staff. Very Kid Friendly.

Our stay was great the staff was very friendly we had an awesome time and will be back to stay.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I did not like not having an ocean front view and the pool was only 3 foot deep to 3 1/2 foot deep all over the whole pool . It really needed to be deeper at one end to enjoy it more . ☹️

We loved our one-bedroom apartment it was very clean and very good size and the view was city and a little peek of the beach.

We very much enjoyed our short stay and would consider staying there again in the future.
    • Studio

This was a spur of the moment trip to help celebrate our anniversary. The staff was great, our studio very comfortable ( queen bed, not murphy) and all we needed. The pool is shallow, but great for kids and relaxing for us. We were asked to do a timeshare presentation, but not pressured when we said no. A too short, but great decision.

If I had stayed more than one night would have requested another room which they did suggest
    • Studio

The shower had mold I did tell someone I hope they took care of it

Air conditioner was very noisy For some reason I could not charge my phone so I had to wait until morning and charge it in the car

The pool was a lazy river which my kids loved.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

No free breakfast and it has taken a long time to get my security deposit back:(

The pool was a lazy river which my kids loved. The units had their own laundry in the hotel suite which was awesome, and the kitchen was fully stocked!

Not as plesant oe comfortable as hoped for
    • Studio

We asked for and expected an ocean front room with a queen sized bed. We got a "suite" with a view of the street and parking lot with a Murphy bed. Our attempt to change to what we wanted was not satisfactory. All pre-trip information (photos and specifics) did not prepare us for what we actually got.

Room was clean and personnel hospitable.

It was good , but i wasn't there to buy a time share , but was pressured to try and sell me one.
    • Studio

The pool did not have an area for adults to swim, it was an area with only 3.5 feet. I did not like having to pull my bed down or out back up to have a couch to sit on.

The security.

Great place to stay, patio doors would not lock, on ground...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Being on ground floor and patio doors not locking

Great place to stay, patio doors would not lock, on ground floor so overlooks the car park!! Beds really comfy

The staff was nice and friendly the rooms were clean and...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The only downfall the pool closed at dusk and you could not sit outside in the evening and enjoy the ocean or the pool. All lights were shut off.

The staff was nice and friendly the rooms were clean and spacious.

Home away from home!
    • Studio

Most certainly need to work on having rooms ready on time instead of having the guest wait almost an hour to have access to their room. I was very drained after driving for so long and then being told our room wasn't ready yet was very disappointing.

The rooms made you feel like you were at home and the staff does an amazing job at keeping the rooms clean! The staff were very informative about the hot spots that we should check out and they most definitely had some great offers especially if we wanted to make reservations with them again. I have to say this was the best hotel I have stayed at so far that I will book again with them someday.

4.0
    I did not get what I ask for!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I did not get what I ask for! I booked 2 bedrooms 1 with doulble beds and we did not get beds for everyone . I am a repeat visitor from FL. We were told because we were staying multiple nights ,, we had to get our own towels , no garbage pic up no coffee no nothing and we pay extra for resort. I can get this service anywhere .. Some people that were there even complained and called security if you parked on the line!! I want a place that only people from FL can go and stay. Not a great vacation!

Not worth the $$$
    • Studio

The room had a Murphy bed that was most uncomfortable....and it was right near the A1A so sitting outside was next to impossible. The complimentary beach chairs and umbrella was never consistently set up so you never knew when they would decided to set them up..! This hotel had more more rules then any place I've ever stayed at...example: they closed the beach umbrellas at 12 knots of wind, which is a common wind speed for that beach...needless to say it chased away a lot of beach goers since there was no shade to relax under! Never again... PS the pool is a lot smaller in person and there is NO slide!

The location was perfect, tons of restaurants and shops around. The staff was friendly and the hotel was mostly clean.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Money well spent!!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Not sure if there was room service or not. There was no ice machine either, but a convenience store right across the street.

The lazy river and beach access was awesome! Didnt use it but the indoor pool was something we kept talking about too!

This is a place I will come back every vacation.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The sofa-bed mattress was uncomfortable. The TV couldn't show the programming.

Nice layout of the suite. Nice pool area. Kind personnel. Nice business/entertaining room.

Very enjoyable resort.
    • Studio

Parking was hard to find.

The suite was spacious and cheerful. We both liked the lazy river pool, and being able to walk right into it, because steps are bad for me.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Beach delight
    • Studio

Shower not the greatest but great towels and well equipped condo

Beach access, sun loungers, parasols and towels provided. Staff very helpful and many restaurants in walking distance

Nice stay; would return1
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Parking was tight, and one space for a condo that holds 6 is a little unrealistic. The wifi worked only sporatically.

Bed was comfortable, the resort was quiet and had all we needed. Well located near shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Great value and great resort
    • Studio

Maybe the best resort of our total 1 month trip. The staff was great. Everybody was helpful, friendly and just plain nice. We felt home from the start. The great thing was they offered extras and there was not a case all the time of signing for things or charging extra. No wonder it was fully booked. we stayed 3 nights and 5 would have been better. Really great place

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Geared to much towards family's with small kids
    • Studio

I feel as though the Cove is geared to families with small kids and I was very Disappointed in the pool as it was just a 3 ft kiddie pool . I will Most likely never booked there again.

The room Was spotless

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Just fabulous! Like being home, but better!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

bottomless strawberry dacquaries! LOL.

bed and pillows were very comfortable. loved having the balcony. staff was very friendly. really enjoyed the lounge chairs and umbrellas right on the beach. unit was clean and fresh, plenty of room. added bonus of the washer and dryer in the unit, that was awesome!

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Very nice property and room.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The hallways were freezing and the couch pull out bed was very uncomfortable.

The room was spacious, laid out nicely, clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

The Cove On Ormond Beach By Diamond Resorts was a real treat!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I loved the sliding glass doors opening onto my private balcony with ocean views. One access was from the bedroom and another from the living room area. Also, the Cuisinart cookware available was much used and appreciated! The washer/drier combo was so convenient.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Indoor pool tiles need cleaning
    • Studio

Online picture of room did not accurately represent room layout. Sofa in front of Murphy bed meant removing cushions from sofa & storing cushions on floor. There was no place to sit down

Indoor pool tiles need cleaning

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Ocean vacation
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Location of the room, asked for and thought I paid for an ocean front room. Had ocean view after we talked to the front desk person.

New interior of the room

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

nice but be cautious
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

ask for the top floor. they never acknowledge you last months stay good. this month not so much. Terrible shower and head. I can !!!! faster than the spray! its okay but would not consider this a resort,

beach

I liked the property and intend to return,
    • Studio

When in place, the bed took up a lot of space..,

While unprepared for the Mercury bed, it was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Couldn't access the beach in the early AM from the south...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Couldn't access the beach in the early AM from the south tower.Had to walk to North tower for beach access to watch sunrise,very inconvenient.

Very family friendly
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Was surprised by a $45 resort fee after I checked out that I’m very sure was already included in the price I paid booking.comih

Very family friendly

It is the perfect place to spend quality time with family.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

It is the perfect place to spend quality time with family.

it was a nice get away
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

no restaurant or tiki bar on site

the rooms were awsome

Pull down bed

It had laundry in the room

No outdoor pools

It had laundry in the room

Friendly Service with a pretty view
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I wish the hotel had a restaurant inside but there were plenty restaurants in walking distance.

It was ok
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The shower was aweful! Pull out bed in living room was terrible!

The beach

Lovely room. Ridiculous to pay for internet/WiFi

Paying extra for internet

Great ending to a months stay in Florida!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Vending machines or snacks and drinks to purchase would be a nice addition.

Location is excellent. Steps to the beach. Rooms are very comfortable.

Nice stay at the Cove. Mom enjoyed the beach while the boys enjoyed the races.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Sofa bed mattress very uncomfortable.

Beachfront location excellent. Staff very friendly.

Excellent value

Excellent value

Overall a great place to stay! The location was nice and the room was clean.
    • Studio

Wish the pool area (hot tub) were open later...needed lights out on that area.

It was a very clean place to stay and the staff was kind and helpful!

Perfect place for a romantic weekend!!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We stayed on winter and the jacuzzi heated pool and lazy river was on the perfect temperature

Fantastic location, very well equipped apartment, everything...

Poor water pressure.

Fantastic location, very well equipped apartment, everything worked, all spotlessly clean, charming and helpful staff.

On the beach bad view
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The view from the room was a parking lot.

The rooms where large

was a great property.

Two buildings.

Very large rooms. Very clean.

Large bathroom, full kitchen, modern look
    • Studio

The fold out bed but comfy so overall happy.

Large bathroom, full kitchen, modern look

Beautifu, clean, friendly and great location.

Elevator took forever.

Beautifu, clean, friendly and great location.

it was a very nice mini vacation

we were only there for 2 nights

accommodations were upgraded to a 2 bedroom was very very nice to have 2 bathrooms

misleading

misleading

Fabulous
    • Studio

Room was very clean, staff was excellent and beyond accommodating. Overall, I'll will return to The Cove on Ormond Beach.

Location and pool area

Location and pool area

The location is great and the staff is very helpful.
    • Studio

The location is great and the staff is very helpful.

Very nice but hard to sleep and shower
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Bigger bed. Better shower heads. Longer times allow on the outdoor pools.

Access to the beach

Unit was nice
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The view of the beach, had more of a parking lot view than the ocean

Unit was nice

Stay vacationed

Nothing it was all ok

Our stay was tops could not find faulty

Was a great place to stay clean and easy access to beach and pools

Pool lacy river location