Reviews of The Creekside Inn 3 stars

3400 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306, USA

#10 of 29 hotels in Palo Alto

• Superior Room with Two Queens

Beds were so comfy I fell asleep right away. Sitting area made the room more spacious. Couldn’t resist having my morning coffee sitting on patio table just outside the room. Beautiful gardens. Peaceful atmosphere. I will return.

• Superior King Patio Room

Hotel looks first a bit disappointing in motel style, but rooms are nice They provided us the baby cod without the sheets and were not able to provide sheets, so we had to use a towel to put on the naked mattress Laundy service was not running on weekend (because of Mother's Day on Sunday?)

Hotel rooms are big and nicely decorated Calm with view into a garden Self-service laundry was super clean and efficient Restaurant and bakery for breakfast are across the street Baby cod was for free Swimming pool nice garden

• Superior King Patio Room

The room was dark (specifically first floor) due to poor lighting No proper breakfast offered at hotel Poor sound insulation - could hear neighbors conversations

Free Hotel transport in 5 miles radius

• Superior King Patio Room

The service was great, the staff wonderful and the free shuttle service extremely welcome.

The natural location of the hotel makes for very low ambient light. The construction of the two-floor buildings is such that people above create a natural noise level that is very disturbing if you are sensitive to noise as I am.

• Queen Tower Room

I think I would have preferred a room in a different building or a room looking into the courtyard or looking at the pool, but really nothing to complain about. The rooms are high tech and again the staff was wonderful!

This property is a hidden gem, the staff was awesome, well above average and room was good, on the back side, so not a great view, but a very large amazing balcony. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, we will stay here again.

• Queen Tower Room

Pillows were way too soft and a little hard to sleep.

The hotel was well worth the money. It is centrally located to downtown, restaurants, Stanford and freeways. The hotel was clean, comfortable, nicely decorated and had beautiful grounds to relax and enjoy your stay. Parking is plenty. The check in staff is pleasant and answered all questions. The room was beautifully decorated, clean, well lighted, outdoor sitting area, microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, tv, personal Ipad in the room, huge bathroom, shower only, blowdryer, iron, robes and slipper for you to wear. Bed was comfortable but pillows were way to soft. Small morning breakfast with coffee and pastries. A great centrally located place to stay while in Palo Alto.

• Superior Room with Two Queens

The in-room telephone / communication system.

Sundance Steakhouse was exceptional. The on-site deli / market was great. The view from our room was exceptional--very nice property.

• Superior Room with Two Queens

We paid more per night than we did for our four star hotel in San Francisco, and yet this place isn't in principle much more than a pimped up motel. The bathroom is tiny, the TV lousy and the pool is so small and awkwardly positionned on the parking lot, we never dared to use it.

Great location, lovely garden with a somewhat japanese zen feel to it.

• Superior Room with Two Queens

There is no restaurant or bar onsite, which is a disadvantage. Because it has a bit of a motel set up, you don't see a lot of staff. There is a little supermarket there, but not having a bar is not so nice.

The set up of the location is great. There are different buildings, a little creek in the middle and nice places to sit and walk. The rooms were OK, not very new, but very comfortable beds. There are also a lot of parking spaces onsite. I was a bit worried about noise, but that was not the case. It was very quite and relaxed.

• Queen Tower Room

In the morning the cleaning staff were very loud in the hall outside my room. The lack of carpeting in the hall left nothing to muffle the sound. Even after I bopped my head out to see what was going on, they kept talking.

• Superior King Patio Room

Bathroom a little small. Large gap between door and casing, responsible for making our room chilly!! Palo Alto is an energy-conscious city; this oversight doesn't match up!! Breakfast was underwhelming; just pastries and insipid coffee. Not substantial enough, given the price for an overnight! Country Inn Motel just down the street has a far more substantial breakfast, and charge less/night!

Excellent bed mattress!! Great bathroom toiletries!!

• Superior Room with Two Queens

Excellent rates on Friday and Saturday nights - rates are substantially more for Sunday’s through Thursdays. This hotel is designed for business travelers.

Room was very large with a lovely outdoor porch where you could sit and look down at the creek.

• Superior King Patio Room

Only muffins and croisants in the complemantary breakfast. Some more is expected with the rates one has to pay in the area.

Good location in Palo Alto. Large rooms with good comfort. Wi-Fi worked fast and without any issues. Some rooms seem to have some signs of wear. However convinient hotel with good location. Has to have a car though as normal in California.

• Queen Tower Room

I liked the natural setting. The decor is rightly fitting in its proper setting. The food was very good, I ordered the Florentine Chicken + shrimp, calm chowder and a side salad ($40.00) for dining in, then took leftovers packed by servers to my room. Following morning I ordered the Southwest Omelet $16.95. After checking out, I stayed for dinner. Florentine Chicken + shrimp again costing $28.76. Its now time for me to head back to Berkeley. I needed this me break desperately. Creekside Inn is where I allowed myself to just rest and re-group thus enabling I will be back again next time not alone but with my love ones.

• Queen Tower Room

Continental breakfast was meager and removed early. Market and restaurant were not open on the weekends.

Well appointed rooms even tho they were old style motel.

A/C a bit noisy.

Good location, clean rooms and nice grounds. Running water/fountains nice for ambiance. Plenty of parking. Nice outdoor patio with room.

• Superior King Patio Room

The facility is too noisy, you can hear everything from the rooms next to our room. People makes a lot of noise in the hallways, not relaxing at all, i will not come back here.

• Superior Room with Two Queens

Maybe the shower glass door could be a little wider. Water splattered on the floor while I showered.

Relaxing outside our room was perfect! The room was cleaned each day and towels changed, even when not asked. The bathroom was clean and updated. The bed was soft and clean. The Creekside is close to downtown Palo Alto, Stanford and food establishments. The landscaping is nice and pretty. There is covered parking. The employees are accommodating. I have stayed at this hotel for the past 4 years off and on while my son attends Stanford. The Creekside is always our first hotel we try to book.

• Queen Tower Room

They have a little breakfast, but it was only pastries and muffins. Fruit or yogurt would be a great addition for those of us who don't start our day with carbs and sugar. There was loud pounding going on at 8:00 a.m. which woke us up.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was exceptionally clean. The location is good if you have business near Stanford. The internet worked well.

• Queen Tower Room

It had a strange smell in the hallway & room that was strong and we could hear people coming in and out of the floor so the walls seemed too thin.

The room had all the desired amenities. Microwave, mini fridge, 2 bottles of water, electronic device to use, nice bathroom amenities as well.

• Superior Room with Two Queens

Excellent facility with professional staff, beautiful landscape, large beds, clean room, nice breakfast, good supplies (bath robes, slippers, etc.). We will definitely come again. Thanks.

• Superior King Patio Room

Reservation from Bookind.com only reached hotel for my daughters room. Nothing was received for my husband and I

Very nice room. Upgraded due to problem. See below

• Queen Tower Room

The woman who checked me in and out was a sourpuss. When I checked in, I got the impression that I was another interruption in her day, even though I was the only guest in the lobby at the time.

It was very clean and conveniently located. The bed was very comfortable. I especially liked the layout of the room and the balcony. There was a group of high schoolers staying there as well, and I expected noise from my neighbors. To my surprise, all was quiet and I had a restful night. I will definitely be staying here again when I visit Stanford.

• Superior King Patio Room

Wall heat/ac blew directly onto head of bed, also somewhat noisy. $75 damage upfront immediate charge that takes 3-5 days to be credited back to account. Restaurant was closed.

Nice room, balcony had view or creek and trees. Microwave, refrigerator, Wi-Fi. Long counter in bathroom, nice shower (no tub). Coffee and croissants in lobby.

• Superior Room with Two Queens

Everthing was excellent, The staff, room, food and dining area. Thank you, I had just had surgery and my wife and I needed the comfort of home and the stay was needed after the long day. Again ,Thank you.

Not a thing!

Rooms were clean, with nice amenities. Grounds were beautiful. Close to Stanford University plus a great value. Will be staying again!!

• Queen Tower Room

It could have been just a bit cleaner, but I am fussy about that. The early morning desk person did not greet any of the guests who came for coffee and croissants.

Great location with good restaurant right next to the property. Nice grounds and pool. No street noise at all once you are inside your room. I liked my room with just a shower and no bath tub to clamber over.

• Superior King Patio Room

room next door had TV turned up until 3am. Asked staff at 1am to please ask them to turn this down......nothing happened...... carpets could use cleaning

easy access from el camino and location relative to Stanford campus is fine

We liked everything.

The room was much larger than expected and the grounds are gorgeous. There is an iPad-like mechanism in the room that gives you an alarm clock, local attractions, dining choices, tve channels and options for the front desk. It’s a really feature.

• Superior King Patio Room

I t was a little pricey. The exercise room could use some updating.

The location was close to where I needed to go. I had no problem getting to the hotel, but I rented a car.

• Queen Tower Room

The bed was a little too firm for my liking but that’s just a personal opinion. I wish there was more parking but I was lucky to get a spot very close to my room.

The convience store in the parking lot is a great thing for quick food/drinks/coffee.

• Superior Room with Two Queens

- hotel did not answer our request to cancel the room because we had a change on our flight and could not make it on time. Bad service, they only charge the room and do not even take time for an reply to my mail. will definitely not book again this place or even recommend

• Superior King Patio Room

Showere was nice, but always left a puddle in the middle of the bathroom floor...

Loved the room itself - very pleasant and large enough to feel really comfortable.

Some of the rooms arent as nice. My last double room was kind of shabby- but the king room I had was amazing.

We loved the room decor, the front desk and Cibo.

Centrally located in Palo Alto. Comfortable and spacious with a lovely balcony overlooking the creek and garden. We enjoyed the leafy grounds, very pleasant in the middle of the city. The complimentary shuttle was great.

My laundry wasn’t done despite handing it st reception prior to the cut-off time - no communication in this regard

Heated pool Reception drinks Quality and value for money

• Queen Tower Room

Pillows were not comfortable. Had to ask for shampoo & conditioner. Breakfast could have had a bit more.

Bed was comfortable, loved all the usb ports for charging.

• Queen Tower Room

What’s up with morning coffee and pastries? Absolutely horrible. Get better coffee and offer a true continental breakfast. And why is the front desk staff so melancholy and unfriendly? Both check in and check out were rather drolll.

Super nice rooms in extremely comfortable bed.

• Queen Tower Room

The only complaint is a need for more handicapped parking it is hard to disenbark a wheelchair if you have no other choice This means we have to take up two slots--and that means we use more parking space than required otherwise

We like this facility Food is readily available and that can be a problem in other motels

• Superior Room with Two Queens

Boutique like hotel nestled in mature wooded glen with pool, fountains, reading, sitting tables, wonderful amenities on-site for upscale dining or a quick bite. Staff knows the area well, very courteous and thoughtful. Quiet and comfortable!

• Queen Tower Room

Window fan/AC units are loud. There were a bunch of wedding parties here and people were yelling in the parking lot yelling until 12:30 am. Not really the hotels fault, but I called the desk to see if someone could ask them to move and they stayed another 45 minutes. Hard to get a good nights sleep.

Cute property that has been recently updated.

• Queen Tower Room

Bed was truly great; pillow choices were great (now that's pretty unusual, in my experience); WiFi was extremely fast (faster than at my home and certainly faster than any other hotel or public WiFi I've ever used!); great in-room coffee (Wolfgang Puck), adequate-sized microwave, good size refrigerator; nice little deck with chairs for morning coffee (or afternoon reading or happy hour); courtyard had nice tables and chairs, meticulously maintained landscaping and lots of little birds, making it a very pleasant place

• Queen Tower Room

The mattress was a little soft for my taste - not a disaster for one night but if I was there for a few nights, my back might have needed something a little more firm.

The overnight desk staff was incredibly helpful to this drowsy traveler who arrived at 3am! The location is perfect if you have any meetings at Stanford or in Palo Alto/Mountain View.

• Superior King Patio Room

On the biggest road in Palo Alto. The check-in clerk was a bit rude to my traveling companion. She booked through an agency (Booked?) and was put in a big room that cost 100.00 more than mine. I had called the place directly & not through an agency, as far as I know. The clerk told her he couldn't get her another room, since she didn't book directly, tho there appeared to be empty rooms. So my takeaway is to never use a middleman as you are locked into some algorhythm instead of having a human interaction!

Free Tesla to wedding reception venue. Parties & coffee in AM.

• Superior Room with Two Queens

Great room at a reasonable rate. Lots of nice details. Property is very pretty, pool was not too cold, luxurious toiletries, plenty of parking, spacious and clean. We enjoyed our stay!

• Superior King Patio Room

Parking situation was confusing, challenging, cramped. Room and restaurant overplayed in online photos. Room was clean, but felt cramped. Free coffee and tea wasn't a big deal.

Friendly staff. Comfortable bed. Hammock an interesting feature, but did not add much to the experience. Restaurant convenient and the service friendly.

Not one little thing.

My favorite part of the Creekside Inn was the private balcony off the back of the room. It was shady and perfect for an evening drink and relaxing read. The bed was comfy, and the shower was great. The staff was very friendly and professional. We will be returning next time we visit Palo Alto!

Not applicable.

Helpfulness of staff, quality of accommodations, beauty of site although in the middle of the city, free transportation by car, restaurant and convenience store on site, coffee maker and fridge and flat screen TV in room, balcony overlooking gardens and creek....

• Queen Tower Room

The shower stall.Not enough coverage. Water all over the floor.

My husband and I have visited The Creekside several times . Once a year we travel to Palo Alto in order to spend time with the West Coast family.

• Superior King Patio Room

The rooms were dark, not enough sunlight in. The lights were too white similar to those used in hospital settings or offices. The patio was not clean.

• Superior King Patio Room

Lovely setting--set back from the busy road so you don't hear traffic noise like you do at other motel properties along El Camino Real. The attached restaurant, Cibo, is very nice and the hotel gives you two wine tickets per person for free. We walked over and each got a "to-go" glass and sat on our patio for a pre-dinner drink. The hotel and restaurant staff were efficient and friendly.

• Queen Tower Room

No remarks as we had no issues at all

Complementary muffins, pastries & coffee in the morning at reception desk. Lots of parking space, small swimming pool with towels Quiet neighbourhood, but close to El Camino Real Local shop on the premises, serves different snacks

• Superior King Patio Room

Lighting. Even with all the lights on, the room was still dark. Bathroom was minuscule. Had to go all the way in before you could shut the door. Requested a handicap room, but didn't get one. However, it was acceptable because it had a high-rise toilet. No way you could have gotten a wheelchair or walker through the narrow door to the bathroom. No grab bars in the tub.

Lots of ports to recharge the iPhone. Pleasant view of the gardens from the patio. Small refrigerator for food and drinks. Good coffee for the coffee pot.

• Superior King Patio Room

My only complaints were the temp in the room Was either freezing or too warm. The air conditioner didn't work really well. Also no noise insulation. We were down stairs and it was loud when the person in the room above us was walking around.

The free shuttle was nice. Like there was an onsite restaurant and deli market.

• Queen Tower Room

Surprised to learn at check-in I was being charged extra $75 as a "security deposit." It is a "refundable deposit" but still don't like it. Staff said it was in small print at end of booking.com contract. I missed it obviously!

Nothing was missing.

We are undergoing a very serious medical evaluation at Stanford and have stayed at the Creekside Inn four times recently, driving hundreds of miles to get there. We are greeted warmly, given perfect rooms for the situation with green gardens and gold sunset views and peaceful privacy We looked out on a lovely fountain and garden this time, and it meant everything. There was a charger for our hybrid car right at the entrance. El Camino Real traffic noise is shielded by distance from the road and beautiful trees and handsome fences. It is like coming upon a remarkable arboretum. The Cibo restaurant is very good with a varied menu, and the servers are kind and good to us and everyone. We will stay at the Creekside for the next many months while we are traveling to Stanford. We hope that they will not elevate their prices, and keep the quality of service and accomodation high. Our sincere appreciation for the considerate hospitality. Kathleen Reid and Kemble White, Southern California

• Superior King Patio Room

When we checked into are room their was a note telling us that sorry for the inconvenience but the water would be turned off at 8 a. M and that it would be noisy due to renovations . So I feel that the room was over priced .

The room was good.

• Queen Tower Room

I had a lot of luggage and the property doesn't have any elevator. However, a friendly staff offered his help so everything was OK!

The bed was comfortable, and I loved how they had slippers for the room. That extra touch was very nice! Staff was very friendly and helpful!

• Superior King Patio Room

The bathroom was clean but small and had a very weird shower with the shower-head overhead and the shower only halfway partitioned from the rest of the bath so that some water inevitably spilled onto the floor. It wouldn't make us not go back, but it was our least favorite part of the accommodations.

Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. We had a special request of a quiet upstairs room, which was met. Bed was very comfortable. We felt like the room was made up each day with care.

• Superior Room with Two Queens

Front desk staff (man and a woman) both had an air of subtle arrogance and condescending demeanor and didn't make me or my family feel welcome. (Perhaps they'd had a bad day:p) On the contrary, the housekeeper was warm, sweet and provided great service throughout our stay. About the room, walk-in shower is lovely but not practical. The glass wall moves and also has poor seal and leaks onto the bathroom floor when the shower is used. The glass shower wall is also short and water from the shower head sprays past what the wall covers and wets the bathroom floor?!? About the value, this is an old motel that's been remodeled with a nice upscale feel to it, but it is still a drive-up to-your-room type of motel/inn. The room rate was more than it should be.

Nice and tasteful remodeling of an old motel/inn. Clean grounds, lovely landscaping. Nice, clean and modern decor, nice bathroom, comfy beds, small private patio

• Superior Room with Two Queens

The buildings could be better marked.. We were a little confused on how to get to our room.

The grounds were beautiful. Very nice place and very reasonably priced for the area.

• Superior King Patio Room

Rooms were very stark with not even one piece of artwork. Maid woke me up and then pounded on the door several times as she didn't know English and had no notion of what guests might want. No gluten free food for breakfast. Loud noises despite few guests and a large property. Reception staff best described as having too low an in for their job.

The gardens make this hotel unique.

• Superior King Patio Room

I was completely satisfied with our stay.

We liked the pool view, comfy beds and spacious room. The tablet and lip balm were awesome extras that my daughter enjoyed!

• Queen Tower Room

The included breakfast is just coffee/tea and some sweet croissants/cake/cookies. Thats it. No full breakfast.

That Tesla shuttle which is INCLUDED in the price is AMAAAAAZING. Especially because it's so hard to get around over there without a car. Very big, very comfortable bed. Robe + slippers. Very good bathroom supplies. Beautiful garden.

• Superior Room with Two Queens

The pool is very small and not very invinting.

The staff was very friendly and helpful and the price was very reasonable for the central location. Room was quiet and clean and the setup of the different buildings along the creek was quite charming

• Superior King Patio Room

We had to wait about 45 mins to get our room because room housekeeping was backed up.

White robes, shwoer caps, exfoliating scrubber,cotton swabs & slippers.bluetooth speaker and sofa bed.

• Superior King Patio Room

no bathtub a cramped bathroom no hot tub need to be sure we are in the back building next time. This is our third stay there.

location room amenities view

• Superior King Patio Room

Sunday morning the so called breakfast was gone at 9,30. I articed exactly at that time and they would not offer me any food. Its too early on a sunday morning to stop service and I found it un-genereus not to offer something since i was exact "on time"

Big bed. Nice valcony Beautiful trees

• Superior King Patio Room

Needed better toilet paper.

Right off of the main street but it was like you are in a wilderness location. Our balcony faced the creek bed and the trees and plants. Very relaxing to sit and drink our wine and have our coffee in the morning.

• Queen Tower Room

As above , would have expected assistance

Room was good, breakfast and staff not so friendly or flexible. Came to see greatful dead concerns and lots of people there to see it also, but not prepared to use transport for it and then not helpful in booking taxis.

Very clean, helpful staff, the room was super nice and the whole property is very nicely done. There is a deli next door with delicious ice cream and sandwiches. Also very good location but still quiet.

• Superior Room with Two Queens

Check in was a bit slow.

Lovely setting. Beautiful landscaping. Enjoyed the complimentary coffee and pastries on Sunday morning. Room was clean and bed was comfortable.

• Queen Tower Room

When I called to confirm, the front desk assured me they would drop us off at Shoreline Amphitheatre however when we got there that was not the case. They told me they didn't go there. Went down to the restaurant at 2:30 to have a drink in the bar and order a car to pick us up, there was no bartender on and the staff didn't know how to make a Vodka soda. Ended up going to the store on the grounds. Sunday morning the store is closed. Would be nice to be able to go in as they have a coffee bar.

The room was clean,updated. Nice balcony. Comfortable beds. Early checkin and late checkout with no problems.

• Superior Room with Two Queens

Unable to contact bookings.com re shortened reservation for one of the three rooms.

Lovely outdoor spaces, excellent restaurant and deli on premises and terrific breakfast place across the street.

• Superior King Patio Room

As with anything in suburban america, you have to use a car everywhere. Not the hotel's fault though.

Convenient and good value hotel on the main drag Camino Real through Silicon Valley. A 10-15 minute walk from the Caltrain station at California Ave (probably only a 3min Uber ride). Convenient for visiting the Google Campus. Room was clean and quiet. Wifi was good. Coffee and a pastry for breakfast free in the lobby. Hummingbirds (tiny) in the tree outside my window/over the balcony.