Reviews of The Drake, a Hilton Hotel 4 stars

140 East Walton Place, Streeterville, Chicago, IL 60611, USA

#82 of 146 hotels in Chicago

Very nice hotel in a great location in Downtown Chicago!

A breakfast buffet or voucher to one of the restaurants would be nice for the price of the hotel.

Great hotel on Michigan Ave across the street to beach and walkway along the shore. Great restaurants and Watertower Place shopping are very close. Very large and nice rooms for an older hotel. Very classy yet was casual. Highly recommend!

Beautiful hotel and great location.

Parking is expensive at the hotel. I suggest doing some planning ahead of time and finding a lot nearby

Beautiful hotel and great location. Within walking distance to most Chicago attractions.

Not like the old Drake of 20 years ago

I was not happy with the cleanliness of my bathroom. It looked like it had been quickly gone over. Coffee stains dripped on the woodwork and had not been cleaned off. The water hardly flowed from the bathroom sink. When we arrived, we asked for our bags to be brought up but we're in a hurry so we only waited about 10 minutes and then left the room. I expected our bags to be in the room when we came back but there was a message saying to call and they would bring them up. 3 calls to the front desk and still no luggage. We waited for over an hour.We were almost an hour late for our engagement. When I finally got ahold of the Bell desk, the Bell man told me that he had not received the messages and was very apologetic. It was not his fault. I've stayed at the Drake in the past several years ago and everything was perfect. It was one of those places where everyone was there at your beck and call. We had a free breakfast with our room which was very good. When we got to the Cape Cod Room the hostess and a couple other employees were conversing and didn't bother to come seat us for about 3 or 4 minutes minutes. They just continue talking even though she saw us there. Once she did come she was very friendly and she did seat us promptly. We waited for nearly 10 minutes for coffee. The server was fairly efficient. Our experience just wasn't like the old Drake before Hilton purchased it. Nothing bad really but not what I expected of the Drake.

The location was wonderful.

Location is the only plus

Complementary breakfast was cold and not good at all. They tried to charge us $60 for a complementary breakfast. Wallpaper was split and peeling off the wall, hallway had water damage and there was no in room fridge (that may be my fault for overlooking the amenities though).

Location was good, most staff was excellent. First floor was fun to explore (shops/art/etc.). Bar area was nice and rustic. Breakfast area had cool replica ships in a bottle with the history and info on them.

The location - it is near the lake and also on Michigan...
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

The service was average at best. The concierge, receptionists, etc all need a lesson in customer service. It is riding on an old reputation and felt a little tired. It was a far cry from the other hotel we stayed at for the second part of the week down the road - same star rating but miles ahead of the game compared to the Drake.

The location - it is near the lake and also on Michigan Avenue so you are near the hub of everything.

Perfect location with a perfect breakfast
    • Queen Room

Our first night the people staying in the bedroom next to us were really loud, came to the hotel at 4 am with music and you could hear they were drunk and it felt like they were inside our room so we had a hard time going back to sleep, but the good thing is we didn't have the problem for the rest of our stay.

Breakfast was delicious!! The room was clean and the attention from the people at front desk, restaurant and bell boys were incredible, they really made us feel welcome. I would definitely stay here again!

concergie at front door and front desk where lovely 😃

My bedroom!! Wallpaper falling of the walls, not a great shower, mould on top of the curtains,bathroom door wouldn’t close. Only light was through lamps!!

concergie at front door and front desk where lovely 😃

• Queen Room

In reverse order: - Rooms are super tiny but I can live with that - On my way up to my room, I was stopped by a marketing person, quite aggressively trying to sell me deals at other Hilton properties. It is not the sort of thing I expect from a $300+/night hotel. I was quite taken aback actually. - After I checked in I dropped my stuff off and went downstairs immediately after to make my first meeting. So I it wasn't until later that evening when I noticed that the bed was poorly made, which again, was surprising. I then went into the restroom, and lo and behold, I found a couple of hairs in the sink. I'm not sure if this is because there are so many rooms to service / there is a shortage of housekeeping staff etc. but clearly the Drake was not able to deliver the level of cleanliness I expected.

Although there is a little drabness here and there, the Drake is a beautiful hotel, there is not doubt about that. The folks at the reception were very friendly and helpful.

Convenient, elegant, old style place for the conoisseur.

Located at one end of Michigan Avenue close to the Hancock tower. Great restaurants and shops close by, but a little further from business or cultural centre.

Old chic in the heart of Chicago. Old palace with massive rooms, great style and feeling of staying in an icon.

Wonderful stay in a great city.

The Drake has a yesteryear charm and it was a delight to stay there. We had a deluxe king roon which was enormous, and quiet as requested. The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept really well. Breakfast was included in the Cape Cod Restaurant and had a good selection of hot and cold food. The front of house and restaurant staff were all very helpful. The location of The Drake is excellent, near both shopping and restaurants. The lovely Gold Coast neighbourhood is very close by, and it's just a 20 minute walk to the Chicago river.

Lake Michigan Hotel.

There is nothing not to like about the Drake Hotel.

Lovely hotel at the top of Magnificent Mile. Delicious breakfast. Friendly staff. Comfortable room. We had an executive suite which had a fabulous view. Can't fault it. We were there 9 nights.

The Drake, while a very fine hotel, is looking a bit long in the tooth on some fronts. Service, how

Phone extensions did not work, had to call to get batteries replaced in safe (however, they responded very quickly). Also, coffee maker was placed where there was no plug. Should have provided extension cord. When we finally found a place to make the coffee, it didn't work correctly.

Good bed, great service, good breakfast buffet.

good location good hotel if you have a nice room

the bathroom was small and we have nothing to put our stuff we don t have any view , the room was dark we could hear our neighbours

the hotel the room was enough big it s the second time we came , the first one we had a nice room with a nice bathroom not this time

Always good

Clientele were extremely noisey Woke us at 11, 1:30 and 4 am Both sides

Bed and pillows were very comfortable Elevators were quick Location is very good Staff was very cordial

We enjoyed staying there and would like to return. Will recommend it.

Our bed squeaked. Duvet was too warm.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room large and very clean. Lobby areas and tea room beautiful with huge floral displays. Breakfast excellent.

Very interesting. Blown away by the architecture.

Bit noisy but it was after all a busy bar.

Good choice of quality snacks and appetisers on the Coq d’Or Bar menu and just right after a 10 flight and before an early night. Quite expensive though

Unfriendly staff reception made bad first impression

Breakfast in outdated ‘basement’ restaurant, arrogance staff reception, overpriced valet parking

Location, gym facilities, size and lay-out room, shops downstairs

Staying at the Drake was a perfect setting for a fun week in Chicago with old friends!
    • Queen Room

Water pressure in the shower could have been stronger, but that's sometimes difficult to accomplish in older buildings like the Drake. A very minor point ...

Excellent breakfast buffet, lovely and elegant ambiance throughout the hotel.

Excellent first visit to the Windy City.
    • King Room with Lake View

Breakfast at the Cape Cod room was excellent, great service by Giselle and Tony. Great view of lake from our spacious room . The hotel is a super base location for our travels. Excellent , prompt service from in hotel plumber who retrieved my engagement ring which fell down the basin plug hole.

Not as described

First off as soon as we entered the restroom there was no toilet paper in there or on the roll. We used the kleenex. That was not great. Finally on the last day of our trip we looked in the CLOSET and found the toilet paper. How inconvenient. It is the housekeeping responsibility to ensure these things. Second when we asked house keeping for shaving kit we sat for about 30 min and no one came so we called again and they were so disorganized they didn't even know nobody had come yet. Third, maintainance is terrible, we got kicked out of our room because the battery for the key card was low and my husband had to run downstairs 3 times to get someone to open it. Again, inconvenient. Fourth, we had to keep running downstairs for water as there is no minibar or water available inside the room. Lastly, I booked this room after looking at the picture in the description and it was nothing like online. The room was TINY. I was not impressed at all. The description online also promised a city view and we got a view of a alleyway. Completely disappointed.

Great location, tired hotel.
    • King Junior Suite with Lake View

The hotel looks a bit tired and our room was a bit shabby (broken curtains and blinds) tired furnishings and in need of a fresh paint.

Great location and friendly helpful staff.

Disappointing compared to my stay one year ago.
    • Queen Room

My room was small and dark with no view. The first morning I had no coffee cups, my phone did not work and I could not open the cold water faucet. Check in staff was not particularly welcoming. I think it is about time Hilton had free WiFi like nearly all other hotels, many cheaper than Hilton.

The location.

Fantastic location and great value.

Staff in bar could have been more efficient long waiting time on orders.

Excellent selection at breakfast fantastic staff. Really comfy bed room cleaned daily , sheets changed after three days. Lovely bathroom. Nothing to much trouble for staff.

Overall the stay was good except for the little things mentioned.

Housekeeping was not upto the mark. Room was left unclean on more then one occasion.

Overall hotel is very good, location is good, however jiselle from breakfast lounge was very hospitable,polite and showed excellent customer service.

The room was comfy, quiet and a good size.

When there was a delay in getting a mini fridge delivered to my room and when my request for fresh towels and toilet paper was ignored. I had to call Guest Services in both instances to ask them again.

The full breakfast exceeded my expectations. I loved the sausages and omelet station. The berries (blackberries, blueberries and strawberries) were exceptional!

My favorite place to stay and it makes me want to keep coming back.

There is not a thing

I love the older charm of The Drake. From the moment we arrive the staff makes us feel special. Location is fantastic. Like the bar downstairs.

The staff at the front desk was extremely helpful, the maintenance of the hotel needs some upgrades.
    • Queen Room

The first room chosen by random selection when you book online was a corner room which meant it was a joined room were you can access the other room through the one I was staying in, the neighbors kept opening a closing there the door on the side they were on, very thin walls, I could hair everything coming from next door, I had to switch rooms and the second room had plumbing issues the drain in the tub was very slow to drain, there was no working safe, it seems like people were running down the hall all hours of the night.

the continental breakfast was nice and it came with an omelet station, the staff inside the breakfast area was super nice and friendly, I had to seat myself when entering the breakfast area, and there was another patron there who was staring at me the whole time for some strange reason, while I ate.

I heard peopl in the hallway say the food was awful...
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

The heating/cooling was so terrible in the room. When we checked into the room it was so hot. We adjusted the thermostat to a lower setting and had to leave. Came back from our function not much change but went to sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night sweating. I walked out into the hallway for cooler air not much different there. My husband opened the window and had to prop up stuff under it to keep it open just for some cool air. We switched the thermostat to air conditioning and it didn’t work. I don’t recommend staying in old hotels for this reason.

I heard peopl in the hallway say the food was awful especially for the price so we went outside of the hotel for breakfast.

Decent
    • Family King Room with Sofa Bed

No pillows or blankets for fold-out sofa in the room even though the room was specifically booked for four guests and there was only one king size bed in it so after asking the ages of everyone under 18 the hotel had to expect we were going to use fold-out sleeper. When I went to make the sleeper sofa it was difficult to open and then I discovered there were no blankets or pillows in the closet and I had to call to have them brought up. Seems like something the person checking me in should have informed me about when I arrived. Also no water or snacks in the refrigerator for sale. Our bathroom sink was clogged after only washing our faces and brushing our teeth and we had to have maintenance come up and fix it and the maintenance man finished around 11:30 at night which was inconvenient and he was not able to fix it completely. Although he said he would inform someone about our inconvenience, nothing was said to us in the form of an apology when we checked out. Also, the historical decor is beautiful but there are some parts of the room that just seem ignored, like the old mirror and cheap looking metal shelves above the refrigerator, the old refrigerator itself, and a dresser with a completely blank wall above it, rather than a mirror or piece of artwork. Hotel had good safety measures though, such as scanning key card to access elevator. Overall though I was disappointed with the hotel room itself. Location is key and restaurants and entertainment are spot on but the rest seemed to fall short.

Location; restaurants in and around hotel; shopping around around hotel; room service options. Safety of key cards to use elevator.

Overall a very nice stay
    • Queen Room

Limited vanity space in the bathroom and the shower would drip unless I used excessive force to turn the dial off

Beautiful Hotel, first class meeting rooms and public facilities

Excellent Hotel with So friendly staff, Highly Recomeded.

So friendly staff, particularly the cheerful lady in Cinderella Rest , It was great to start ur day with her Welcome greeting & wishs of great day... BF is awesome Hotel is very clean Because also I was attending a dental meeting , I had lunch at Gold Coast hall (Really luxurious) The front disk staff are so professional and helpful. Most of Chicago landmarks are in walking distance from the Drake. Highly recommend this hotel

Stay was ok, expected much more. Staff was slow and sluggish and checking in and out was not a quick

There were stains all over the bathroom walls, and I never received a menu for the morning breakfast and when I did call room service the night before, no one answered the phone

The parking was efficient, but expensive

Top hotel that has seen better days but most off all rude staff are a problem, great location.

Trying to check out and leave my bags, their was no one at the concierge desk so queued at the check in desk. Once I got to the front of the queue the girl told me to go and queue at the concierge desk which I did. Once the lady came back to the concierge desk and I had waited in the queue she told me to go and queue at the front desk as the bellhop wasn't around. I told her that I had already queued at the front desk and they had told me to come to her. She then eventually took my bags (making it clear she didn't want to and that I had annoyed her for asking) all in all this took over 30 minutes which isn't so much of a problem if you're not up against it however I was so it wasn't great but more than that the attitude of the staff isn't what I expected from the Drake or any hotel let alone a 4 star hotel! Very surprised as I have stayed here before and found the staff to be more than helpful. I wont be staying or recommending the Drake again.

Some of the staff were excellent.

Nice stylish old builing... but results also in old rooms

The old classical building also results in an old hotel. Lot's of costs have done to upgrade rooms to current comfortable rooms. However, it stays an old facility. Very poor insulation for noice at the rooms, big gap under the door, everything what happens on the corridor you here on you pillow, very small bathroom, the silicon joints at the bath are poor and sometimes black with fungus... No bottle of water at the room... no free electricity plug at the beds, Wifi required special guest subcription that takes 2 hours to register, so you have to call the reception to get a 'promotional code' to have immediant access... lot of hassle Second day, my room was not cleaned. The flush valve of the toilet jammed and water was pooring, luckely quickly fixed by the maintenance guy. For such a high priced hotel, I would expect more...

Very nice stylish old building in the center of Chicago, spacious room. Good breakfast!

This old dame still has her charms!
    • Family Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast buffet in Camellia Room was extremely over-priced, would have wished for an a la carte option. And a waiter cleared a table nearby by scraping uneaten food into a pile on a tray. Talk about gag-inducing! Waiters did not clear our table. There was live music in the bar area on the weekend with dancing which was great, but the music was so loud and screechy that I couldn't even go in to see the room. Get a better sound guy! The hotel has seen better days and I was sad to see that the Cape Cod Room closed a year ago. But I still love this grand dame and will stay again.

The lobby was beautiful, our room was spacious and quiet, beds were comfortable. We were offered free wifi (thank you!) and had no problem getting online (we were on the 1st floor). We had a lovely, quick drink and soup in the historic Coq D'or room, perfect before a brisk January walk along Michigan Ave.

Great location. Old world charm.

Front desk only has 2 people staffed during peak check in time. I was told because I booked through a third party sometimes there can be issues. there were no chairs to have my family sit near where I was checking in so that I could keep in touch with them about the delay. Older people in line had nowhere to take a break from standing. One lady came up and cut in front of everyone and went to the next available person as it was hard to tell if there was one line or two.

Breakfast was awesome- staff very attentive

Quite a Let Down
    • Queen Room

Rooms were extremely hot. Unchanged sheets despite requested service. Shower pressure very minimal. No kind of mini fridge to store water. No air conditioning. Punishing breakfast hours. Worst of all? We were overcharged for a room upgrade that was requested and confirmed to be removed. Visit dozens of hotels per year, this was the worst experience of them in recent memory.

The parking. No handicapped parking on the premise and did not allow for my disability in the price of in and out valet privileges.

The breakfast buffet was great.

I would stay there again and recommend it to others.
    • Queen Room

The HVAC was really noisy and interrupted my sleep. Wanting to charge me $25 to hang onto my suitcase for an extra couple of hours until I left for my flight felt excessive. For such a fancy hotel I would have thought they would just do it for goodwill.

The service was good and the ambience was great. It's a beautiful hotel in an ideal location.

Everything about The Drake is first class!!
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

We had some trouble with the computers in the business center. They need to be tuned up!!

The mattress and pillows were extremely comfortable! The delicious buffet breakfast was included with our room. The desk clerk sent me a thank you note a few hours after we left wishing us a safe journey home.

A wonderful chicago experience.

That I had to leave.

Magnificent hotel. History in itself. Pure elegance and beauty In every area of the facility. Incredible breakfast, view and service.

Loved it! I always look forward to returning.
    • Family Room with Two Queen Beds

I'm still looking for The Drake to put a night light in the bathrooms.

The size of the room was perfect for the three of us, and the minibar was removed.

In general, I found the staff very indifferent to guests, i.e. I had to ask for basic info on check-in such as where the lift & room were

Location was great & the building is lovely. Also when I pointed out my issues the staff member on duty was very helpful.

Maid walked into our hotel room at 8 am

Creaky, loud vents and air ducts, and at 8 am a maid opened the door to our hotel room without, at least not audibly enough to wake us, knocking first. Not a great way to wake up. Worst hotel stay I've ever had. Had coffee machine but no cups, was a small shared room without warning. Could hear other guests the entire stay and it didn't seem like they were being especially loud. Just very easy to hear.

Not much in the end. Beautiful building but everything else was below expectations.

Christmas at the Drake

My tub was slow draining. But seriously, that's the only thing. The service all weekend was particularly notable and friendly.

I was looking to spend Christmas night in a hotel with character. I found it in spades at the Drake, a place I have driven past for years but never actually visited. The dinner, the room, the late night bar, the service - - all stellar. It was exactly what I was looking for. My package even came with a charming breakfast buffet. For the price, I was pretty impressed.

Perfect!
    • Queen Room

We have stayed in several hotels in downtown Chicago but this one gets the best rating. The hotel is stately, clean, and the staff is most helpful. The breakfast we had was absolutely awesome. We stayed here for our 45th wedding anniversary and when we told the staff about our celebration, they upgraded our room! We highly recommend this hotel.

Excellent service and product.

Absolutely nothing.

Ths hotel was 5* in my book. Ths rooms were clean, comfy, and easy to get to. The staff was phenomenal and very professional. They were willing to cater to us and that makes the stay very pleasant. We will return.

A great stay filled with wonderful memories

Nothing to mention.

I grew up in the city and always wished that one day we’d have a reason to stay at The Drake. It ended up being the location for celebrating my wife’s and my first anniversary! It definitely met expectations; a great, classy hotel, in a great location!

If you have are going for a pleasant stay, this is your place.

Drake Hotel was the perfect Chicago-experience. Attended the radiology congress several times, visited many hotels, but Drake Hotel was one of the best picks. 100% quality. Don't miss the signature room on Floor 10!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Lovely
    • King Room with Lake View

The service at breakfast the first day was fabulous, the second & third day the service was lacking & rushed

Service was excellent, on a whole it was a class act

Very comfortable old charm hotel.

Appreciate it's a busy time of year, but I was expecting a package and was told it hadn't arrived over 2 days. After finding my tracker information, which stated the parcel had been delivered. Concierge brought me to the 'package' centre where we located my package.

Location very good. The Drake Hotel has a lovely old charm. Christmas decor gave it an extra nice ambience. Breakfast comes highly recommended (even though expensive, if not included in your price). Front desk staff very efficient and helpful.

Our stay was fine, but will probably look elsewhere for next year's Chritsmas trip.

Could not get shower to come out hot. Room keys did not work very well for room and elevator. Parking cost is very high compared to other hotels. Having to pay an extra $35 to have a view of something other than the roof and amir conditioning equipment is very disappointing.

Breakfast was great. Room was nice.

Room was outdated

The bar downstairs no longer serves a hot pretzel

Room was outdated Hardly any hot water Toilet easily clogged Room Service dinner.. cold steak:(

It was nice
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

I booked the reservation and my friend checked in early. She fell asleep and when I arrived I was not allowed up to the room. I was exhausted and extremely unhappy. I only wanted to sleep.

Good
    • Queen Room

There was some frustration due to fact I made reservations with one credit card but used a different one on checkin. Spoke to four different people before it was all straightened out.

Breakfast was excellent, location was great,extremely clean

very nice weekend hotel was great

was offered to check in early but would be charged 25$ so I waited

breakfeast was included this was fantastic room was very nice staff very friendly and helpful location great beautiful common areas

Location was good but hotel overall I probably would not stay again

Doorman were abrupt and breakfast staff could have been friendlier, breakfast was ok but nothing special at all

Room and bathroom was spacious, with a small view of Lake Michigan Lady at check in was lovely

Very nice hotel but the staff was rude.
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

We didn’t like the fact that checking in felt like because of or age we shouldn’t be there. Got asked what we plan on doing, why we’re here and all of a sudden “got an upgrade” from a 2 bed room to a one bed king because the room we booked a month ago wasn’t available yet. Also while at the hotel bar it felt like we were rushed out and random drinks were added to our bill and the server wasn’t able to explain anything. His explanation to us was “well someone ordered it”

The location.

Great location, friendly staff
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

Expensive breakfast ($50), expensive WiFi ($12.99) rooms a bit dusty and not enough cups etc for number of people occupying

Great location, friendly staff

Loved the location and the food but will not be staying at the Drake again.
    • King Room with Lake View

There was not a pool and seemed “ dingy”.

The Drake has the best breakfast buffet. I booked it with our room through booking.com and am very glad I did that.

I love the large Christmas tree in the lobby.

The room is outdated for the most part. There was an old 90's dorm refrid. that either should be removed or updated. Upon arrival I had this high expectation because of the name of the hotel and because this was my first time coming and was let down. I don't see me coming back to this location at all. Plus I was told that I was going to be charged 75.00 fee and that upon my checkout that I would have the money back into my account and I checked out Sunday today is Wednesday, and have yet to get the fee back into my account yet.

I love the large Christmas tree in the lobby. I also love that the breakfast was amazing. I wish that there could be more meat alternatives for those who don't eat pork. The omlet station is amazing.

poor service and over priced.
    • Family Room with Two Queen Beds

Unfriendly and unhelpful by bellman. Too over 1 hour to get car and luggage from valet. Also they had someone in the lobby selling time shares was walking around like a manager. Very tacky. Over priced valet by a long shot as was the hotel for the service. Hilton has ruined another hotel.

Good overall older hotel.

I got the bed and breakfast package and it was excellent and...
    • Queen Room

Toiletries provided in the rooms were minimal, no shower gel, cotton swabs or cosmetic puffs.

I got the bed and breakfast package and it was excellent and included wifi.

Booked a bed and breakfast deal but was charged for my...
    • Queen Room

Booked a bed and breakfast deal but was charged for my breakfast. Phoned to tell them and they agreed it was an error. They said they would correct the charge but nothing received so not very happy!

A truly charming and warm, both personnel and location,

The lack of counter space in bathroom. Needed larger surface space .

The helpful staff and charm of the property. The shops and the fantastic afternoon tea at the restaurant.

Bad experience!!!
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

Very Bad internet connection although I paid a lot of money for that,,,, everyday once or twice I had to visit the reception and wait for a new code for weak and bad connection. Treatment was not good by bell boy on the check out. Bad experience!!!

Great hotel in a great location
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

rooms are looking a little tired. And could benefit from more plug sockets, even USB charge points.

Staff lovely and helpful, and the hotel has the grand old charm about it. We were lucky to see Empire filming in the hotel. In a fab location too. Would stay again.

Great location in a historic hotel but has not been well maintained. Needs a bit of a refresher.
    • Queen Room

It is very outdated. I appreciate the historic nature of the hotel but some things have clearly not been tended to over the years

Very unique building in a great area of town

Real Chicago
    • Queen Room

We had a wonderful room with a view over Lake Michigan. The staff were friendly and efficient and the breakfast excellent. The downtown location is great as you have both the waterfront to stroll along and you are within easy access of great restaurants.

Dissatisfied
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

Wifi was not free in the rooms. When the room was booked, there was nothing stating that you would be charged $75 per night for incidentals, to be credited back after your stay. That was all of the extra money I had set aside for my trip.

Bed was very comfortable

Great location, traditional style hotel
    • Queen Room

Need fresh milk for tea & coffee!!

I loved the traditional style elegance of the hotel. The staff were very helpful, polite & courteous. The coq d'or was also a lovely bar to go for a drink and relax

Below average at best.
    • King Junior Suite with Lake View

The hotel is very dated. The furniture, beds, drapes and bathrooms smelled old. We had a huge suite and it was so disappointing. Update badly needed.

Location is the only good thing about the hotel.

One of about a dozen hotels in the country where you can be...
    • Queen Room

Not a thing. Everything was great.

One of about a dozen hotels in the country where you can be treated as the wealthy were in the thirties. We had a suite on the top floor of the most historic hotel in Chicago. We were at the north end of the “Magnificient Mile”. A truly delightful and memorable stay.

Great stay. All staff very attentative and polite. Would definetly rebook at the Drake.
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

We had to wait for an hour for our room, after checking in after 3:00 p.m.

The lobby staff esp. Brandon , the bell hops, and valet were very helpful polite and friendly.

Wonderful, as always

Street noise. We are used to a quieter environment. It would be very nice to be able to access free cable radio or Sirius XM to cover the late night and early morning traffic sounds.

Camellia's Restaurant (especially Giselle), Room Service and House Keeping staffs, and the Door men. All were most hospitable, thoughtful and professional.