Reviews of Element Lexington 3 stars

727 Marrett Road - B , Lexington, MA 01754, USA

#3 of 4 hotels in Lexington

• King Studio

The floors were dirty & the bathroom wasn’t as clean as we had hoped.

The bed was VERY comfortable. We liked the room set up. The Chef at breakfast was very nice & the food was good.

• King Studio

The carpet was a little dirty. We saw chip crumbs on the ground by the bed and around the couch. I did wake up with a few bites on my arm but that may have been from the mosquitoes since the hotel is surrounded by wooded area.

The breakfast in the morning was great. The chef was engaging at the hot breakfast bar, they had an array of pastries, bagels, juice, cereal and tea. My favorite was the yogurt bar. Fresh fruit and honey! The lamps have accessory outlets to charge your devices and the optional lighting features are nicely separated depending on which party of the room you are in. The bathroom and room were both spacious and functional. LED lighting on the mirror is a great plus. The television was a decent size and rotated so you can view it from the couch or the bed. The location is right off the highway but downtown is not a far drive to do some light shoping and walking. Great location if you would like to be close to Boston without paying high prices!

The complimentary breakfast. We had the eggs and they were terrible. Would like to see a waffle maker.

The bed was comfy and I like that it has an indoor pool and exercise room.

• Double Queen Studio

We came down too late and missed breakfast , but the cook was so nice and brought us breakfast . Never happened to us before in any hotel . Very cool !

Check in was a mess. They did not let anyone checkin before three pm and then all the families were checked in at once. Why rooms could not be made available individually as they were cleaned is beyond me. It is what there competition does. Other than this snafu everyone was help and friendly, especially the breakfast chef.

• Double Queen Studio

The bathroom floor was very dirty. Looked as though it had never been cleaned. Would not have noticed except after shower underside of bath mat dirty.

No bacon

Breakfast buffet was lovely but we would have liked to have seen some bacon Loved the free wine and beer Lovely spacious suite with great facilities Close to American revolution stuff

• Double Queen Studio

Poor organization and communication across administrative staff - I've stayed at Motel 6s with better customer service. This element location does honor Booking.com reservations, however all aspects of reservation were ignored or "not received" including the name reservation was under, Starwood points status, the handicapped status of a customer (top floor farthest from the elevator!), and double charged for the room. Problems possibly due to corporate policies at odds with third-party reservation systems.

Very nice facilities and attentive housekeeping staff, on par with previous stays in this element and aloft location.

• Double Queen Studio

I could hear walking and running in floor above but for a few Otherwise very very quiet

Loved the breakfast setup and the chef was the icing on the cake 😉, facilities were extremely clean, friendly staff, loved the serene location

First room had broken A/C and broken deadbolt. But when they couldnt fix it, they upgraded us to a new room. The breakfast has gone downhill this time. Used to tell people how great it is but no more.

Modern design. Indoor pool. Quiet. Great location. Nice suite layout. Kitchen has everything we needed.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Had to request another room. Initial room reeked of urine. Second room was better. Not sure if this is applicably to all the rooms however no extra sheets or blankets in room. Not a major issue, however (ex: if you get cold sitting on the couch, you'll have to take the covers off the bed due to the fact there's no extras in the room) No binder, folder, or pamphlet about things in the area (food, gas station, etc.)

24 hour gym Quiet Close to highway Kitchenette

• King Studio

Large, beautiful, comfortable, well-appointed room with full-sized refrigerator, stove, great shower, comfortable bed; excellent breakfast with healthy choices (kale, egg white omelet). I wish I could have stayed longer!

• Double Queen Studio

Room 267 The person above us came in at 10:30 pm. We could hear every footstep since it was amplified by a loose board in the floor. Continued until 12:00am. Annoying. Called the front desk and they said the security person would investigate. Never heard back.

• Double Queen Studio

Wish I had a bathtub or a room available w/one

The bed & pillows were great. I loved the breakfast the cook & so many choices to eat. The pool room was very warm, staff was very nice. I did however want a tub in my bedroom & I was told there were no more available. My one & only disappointment.

• King Studio

Would have loved to been able to contact the location front desk rather than managers voice mail. I didn’t realize there was a free hot breakfast

I loved the accommodations the location the ease to check in and out

• King Studio

The only downfall was a dog that was in the room next to us who wouldn't stop barking when the owners left it alone.

The hotel overall was great. You feel at home in the studio rooms. Very clean. Friendly staff. Also the heated indoor pool.

Powdered egg sandwiches for breakfast were horrible. Could use more public, sitting space. Decor and aesthetics are lacking. Grocery store could use more frozen items for microwave cooking, especially for feeding kids.

[See above]

• King Studio

1. I was really upset that pool was under scheduled maintenance one of the days I was there. The pool was one of the main reasons to stay there and I did not know in advance. They offered to use the one in a twin building accross the street but no way I was exposing my kids to 30º temperature while crossing the street with bathsuit, wet hair.... 2) Breakfast is a very bit limited in items. More variety would be nice. And a microwave available if you want to heat your milk for example 3) We struggle to seat during breakfast. I would rearrange the whole dining area as there is a lot of room wasted with coaches nobody uses

1. Rooms are huge and with a very well equipped kitchen that allows you to have dinner or prepare your own food, lowering your bill while traveling 2. Swimming pools is great and water temperature is quite good 3. Parking is easy and free 4. Wifi works great, very reliable, and it is free

• Double Queen Studio

We were tired and didn’t want to go far for a quick bite. It was suggested to us to grab a burger from other property across parking lot. $15 burger - dry and tasteless and the same for the chicken samdwich

The room had many amenities. Sweet kitchenette. Comfy beds. Roomy bathroom with awesome shower. It was clean and comfy. Pool is small but pleasant. Good workout facilities.

• King Studio

Not a walking distance from stores or restaurants

Clean up to date accommodation pool fitness room nice lobby/ dining area. Helpful and knowable staff. Complimentary greatest breakfast.

One suggestion : the corners of the wooden bed frame invite painful contact with shins in the night. They could have a small pad attached to protect slow-learning guests.

The people working at the breakfast were the most helpful we have encountered.

• Double Queen Studio

The pool was a bit lame - small, indoors and quite heavily chlorinated. We had to share it with a bunch of girl-scouts. They had fun. We didn't stay long.

In a very pricey area, this hotel represented good value. I was getting together with two friends so we wanted to have a comfortable room to hang out in and to be in an area that had things to do. This place worked out great.

Music level in lobby was too loud each day during breakfast. I asked front desk if it could be lowered and was told the level was established by corporate--well, here's what corporate needs to hear: lower the level. Current level forces people to converse over it and raises the general din. Ive done event planning and have seen many restaurants and hotels get this wrong--your level is too high. People prefer less, not more, music when dining.It need not be that perky in the morning...plus, you have TV screens with No volume going at the same time. It's sensory overload. I'd say turn down music and put volume of TV up on the TV located farthest from the food area. Please.

Very nice breakfast and evening snack offerings; food staff is attentive and friendly. Clean, though small, work out facility (they provide ear buds for machines!). Pleasant, modern lobby decor.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Airconditioning systems are old and malfunctioning. First room had completely broken airconditioner and was moved to second room. Second room was cool but thermostat box was making loud clicking noise all night which kept us awake.

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Double Queen Studio

I liked the room, but the toilet was dirty and the floor was under construction. I have an 18 month old and I was very concerned about any lead paint. The staff was rude when I checked in, and ignorant about the possible presence of lead paint. The breakfast was awful. I stayed there in the past and I was happy, but this time I was very unhappy with this hotel.

I liked the room, but the toilet was dirty. Yuck!!!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Double Queen Studio

Honestly have no complaints and that says alot I NEVER give this great of a review!

The staff was absolutely amazing and great to me and my children!! The hotel was very well kept and clean the room was beautiful the bed was very comfortable the food was good.... I really have no complaints about this hotel at all!!! And that says a lot me and my kids were there 5 nights 6days and I wpuld and have recommended this hotel to any and everyone I know that will be traveling to lexington boston area!!! My parents will be more then likely staying there next yr!!! Keep up the great work element!!

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• King Studio

3rd time live here. No hot water in winter, excuse me? Called reception a few times and then changed room for us.... the guy who left new room key to us didn't say anything... new room had hot water in the night...and no hot water again next morning. Terrible experience!

Quiet.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• King Studio

I'm allergic to dogs. Asked to be on a non-pet floor. Was assured there were no pets on the 4th floor. Not true!! There were several dogs on the 4th floor. How can you assure me that next time, I WILL be on a dog free floor??

Green hotel! Friendly staff, nice 'suites' for comfortable stay.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

We were visiting family in Lexington - it's not really a walk into town. But it's a short drive to Lexington and a brilliant position off the highway

THe staff were very helpful. I had an IT problem which they showed great patience and sorted out for me. It isn't a 5 star hotel BUT it's excellent value for money - staff all helpful and friendly - food good - room very clean and comfortable - plenty of coffee in room. We will stay again as we felt very relaxed there. Would strongly recommend

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Double Queen Studio

Need a steam room /sauna or hot tub

Great staff and place felt very safe and clean ! I will recommend, very convenient that rooms had a kitchen and refrigerator.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Suite

Extra bedding not comfy, sparse

breakfast was great, bathrooms rock, manager was excellent, night staff(lovely lady) went above and beyond to solve an issue caused by neglegance of day staff, main bed comfy

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Double Queen Studio

Shower didn't have enough pressure to rinse shampoo from hair. Too eco-friendly to work well. Also, spinach pie was hard when served and not edible. Would not provide receipt when checking out. One week later, still can't get one.

Comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• King Studio

It's not really close to anything and not that easy to find! But since you'll be there by car, you'll find it conveniently located near major roads.

Excellent, comfortable room-- basically an apartment, with a full kitchen. It would be wonderful for an extended stay (especially if your employer picks up the tab). Nice staff. Pleasant breakfast area and nice breakfast selections.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• King Studio

I was surprised you did not have a bar., Would be a nice addition for a cocktail and or a nightcap !

Very well appointed hotel ...,comfy beds and great natural light

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• King Studio

No restaurants within walking distance except bar /hotel across the way

Easy access In a quiet area Mini kitchenette with actual dishes and dish soap etc. Comfy bed Nice big bathroom

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

When I got there, I was issued a key for room 499. After driving 7.5 hours I really did mind having to go down to the front desk to inform them the room numbers only went to 468! I also think it strange for a hotel to have no room service. The food at breakfast was fair. I have seen much better at cheaper hotels. The cost of hotels in the Boston area is outrageous, but this was less expensive, which I appreciated. Other staff went out of their way to help with information! I kept getting bumped off the wifi.

Clean room with higher end finishes. I liked the kitchenette area and free breakfast and free wifi. I did not get to use the gym area , which was larger than most I have seen. The pool looked good too.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• King Studio

Hotel seemed worned down. Scapes on walls, possible cat scratches on sofa, tables all overly scuffed.

Staff was very frindly. Room had EVERYTHING needed for a long stay (dishes, pots ect). Breakfast had good healthy options. Bed was cloud like! Room set up for hosting.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• King Studio

Pretty noisy- could hear the people upstairs moving around, shutting doors etc. Although relatively new, furniture was already starting to show its wear

Good amenities clean friendly staff, nice showers. Liked the kitchenette

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

• Double Queen Studio

They did not have my reservation when I arrived. Other two destination hotels did have my reservation. The wifi is very weak (I tested wifi signal with phone in 3rd floor hallway, try to get a room in the x40s). The pool is very small, we didn't bother to go swimming (picture is misleading, its a hothouse and strong smell of chlorine, my asthmatic daughter would have never survived in their). Hour trip to downtown Boston by car (at 10:30 - 11am), location very good for Lexington/Concord Area. Vent for HVAC was high on wall, blew across window shades, the length of the wall, and onto bed, so you were inundated with air flow the whole time you slept. We ended up with dry throats and congested noses every morning. Shades horrible at keeping out morning light. Room had all laminate flooring so voices/tv echoed in room. I was in the bathroom and heard other people in other rooms having sex and moaning through the bathroom vent (check before letting kids in bathrooms ... watch what you say). Shower stall caulk stained, shower door gasket coming off of door, toilet seat cracked and shifts on you, faucet handle came off, phone didn't work on arrival and had to be replaced, building and its sister building looked like re-purposed apartment buildings with pretty facades, had one overhead light, 3 under-cabinet lights with one not working, and a desk lamp, the evenings were depressing as the lighting was non-functional and made the room dim and grey. The toilet paper kept sliding off the holder anytime you pulled the paper because the one side was broken and slightly tilted, bathroom ceiling paint peeling in many sections, fridge wasn't leveled so items tended to slide or roll to the right, very little storage for clothing, glass top desk so IR mouse was useless unless you had something under it. Got out of elevator and water dripping from ceiling in hallway.

The staff tried to go out of their way to correct issues, but in the long run, it seemed that management is the problem with a deaf ear to responding maintenance wise. Morning chef can fix you anything you like as long as working with items already provided. ex: scrambled eggs or omelet made to order rather than pre-made egg sandwich.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• King Studio

Lack of in-house facilities should be made MUCH clearer when booking this hotel. There is no restaurant, no bar and no shops within easy access of the hotel. Room was not serviced during my two night stay (no towels, bed not made, coffee replenished etc) Window blind in the bedroom fell off the rail and was not fixed until the next day.

The staff and the location. Nice pool and gym

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Double Queen Studio

The gym rules state 14 year olds can go alone but the receptionist said you had to be 18.Our teen couldn't enjoy it. It also lacked a sauna and the pool area had little equipment and was quite small. Beware of traffic going to Boston.

The rooms are absolutely amazing. Couldn't believe I was in a 3 star hotel. Reception table was ok, nothing special, the breakfast was amazing. The pool was ok, the gym was well equiped. Just a nice, clean and modern hotel for a reasonable price!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• King Studio

There was trash in the bushes and around the perimeter of the parking lot.

The location was perfect. The room was very nice and I loved that fact that I could not hear anyone else in their rooms!

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Double Queen Studio

Some of my roommates thought the Ac was too cold, but I thought it was great.

Terrific breakfast! Totally saved our day, having a chance to meet up in a great lobby space with good coffee to get the group organized. Also really nice sheets. I appreciate good sheets.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Suite

Hotel rooms are really shabby-peeling paint, torn fabrics, missing grout in tiles, dirt in A/C grill, etc. These rooms are in serious need of a makeover.

Staff was helpful and bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• King Studio

I have nothing I didn't like. I liked everything.

The best hotel I have been. I rent hotels frequently around Mass and NY and this one is on my top 3. From the staff to the room. Excellent. Outstanding. The price was perfect too. I will definitely recommend it and come back especially for that price.

Nice and big room Good breakfast Very nice staff

Shower in room 436 needs repair

Gym breakfast

The frontdesk personal, need Bussines wear. They no look elegant.

Excelent experience. Eco friendly hotel. Many amenities.

• King Studio

breakfast was ok, need more people to make egg

kitchenette room was great, breakfast was ok

• Double Queen Studio

Extremely clean and comfortable.

• King Studio

They did not link my SPG account and I did not receive extra rewards for not having maid service

Pet friendly

• Double Queen Studio

The pool was a little small.

Location and cleanliness. Modern spacious room. Great for relaxing and central to everything I needed.

• King Studio

Very comfortable. Convenient to area. Staff is excellent. A winner if available. Great value. .

• King Studio

There is not much around, but it's a quick drive to the center of the city.

Staff and facility. Great breakfast.

The breakfast

Clean and Spacious rooms

• King Studio

Breakfast options too few and repeat every day. Problem for longer stay guests.

Large room

Everything!

Hot tub Pool closed 1 day

Clean

• Double Queen Studio

loved the unique home made breakfast sandwiches every morning and the cocktail hour in the evenings. Very nice!

N/a

Staff, cleanliness, breakfast & room

Reception not willing to help with extending a day.

No complaints

I love mt room, the staff was excellent, very clean & comfortable.

That we only Stayed for a night

The hotel was out style and were very happy with the decision to stay!

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

View

Location, kitchenette

Great breakfast!

• Double Queen Studio

Nothing, I had a great time

Breakfast is included and awesome.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Double Queen Studio

The room was excellent. Loved the kitchen

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Very noisy from people above us thin floors you can hear a pin drop will never stay again

Feather pillow were nice

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Not much

Breakfast was great as well as the stag. They were very helpful and handled our needs

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• King Studio

nice breakfast, large and comfortable rooms, quiet setting near a few minutes from Lexington.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Double Queen Studio

Noise from Interstate 95 was bothersome at night. Beds weren't too comfortable.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Kitchen facilities were great.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Ac unit in king room blows air directly on you. Was not easy to find setting the good for sleep.

Beds and pillows extremely comfortable

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Double Queen Studio

It is close to Midtown and close to the highway. Okay for one night stay. Pool needed cleaning. It is an old hotel could use some updating.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Executive King Room

Not enough Luggage carts. Breakfast Front desk seems a bit bored

Buffet breakfast was average at best. No eggs over easy? No real breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Double Queen Studio

The location was too close to the highway and it was not a pretty location.