Reviews of Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park 4 stars

200 North Columbus, Chicago Loop, Chicago, IL 60601, USA

#89 of 146 hotels in Chicago

Hotel room accommodating; disappointed in dining/bar options

#1. Lobby Bar hours limited. #2. Restaurant on premises 'closed down' 45 minutes before scheduled time. Hours indicate to midnight; we came in from a show at 11:05PM. At 11:10PM we were told last call and if we wanted food we'd better get it in in 2 minutes. At 11:25PM the lights were turned up and the bartender was banging glasses around and threw our check in front of us.

Reception was very welcoming. Concierge helpful.

Lovely overnight in beautiful downtown Chicago!

There was no shuttle so taxi was about 60$ from Ohare Airport one way. We were on the 36th floor so I guess that's why it took awhile for the hot water in the shower to warm up.

The hotel was downtown in a nice location for walking. The room was very large, clean and comfortable. It had a big window with a semi good view.

view of Millennium Park, location near river, fast elevators...
    • Standard Room

could hear too much from room next door, footboard of bed was worn out - needs to be replaced,

view of Millennium Park, location near river, fast elevators, spacious room

Great choice in Chicago
    • Gold King Room

The only con was that I felt the reception and bell desk understaffed.

Everything was great. The lounge in each floor was a great idea, because it was more intimate and practical.

Needs a little renovation in rooms

I book a room on line and it showed a sofa n larger room and it was a defferant room but the manager took care of it and moved me to a room that was the rite room but rooms need a little renovation our room the bedframe was pealing it was tacky but it was a great stay

The veiw and the staff was nice everything i came 2 see was walkin distance

Central location, nice hotel
    • Standard Room

Concierge was not very helpful when we asked about getting to the Premium Outlets. It was almost like he was trying to talk us out of going there, and pushing the mall out by the airport instead. He told us the outlets were a two hour drive away - they're only 35 mins!

The room was nice but very expensive for the stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Allergy-Friendly

The hotel staff was not accommodating to the needs we had. We wanted to briefly use the room after an event and we were not allowed any late check out. Staff seemed a bit pretentious, lacking a sense of authenticity and sincerity.

The room was larger than usual hotel rooms. Location was good for getting to Millennium Park and Monroe Harbor area.

Great hotel staff and location to shopping, Millenium Park, the 'L' and theaters!

Parking on-site is $71 per night!! We parked in the Millenium Parking ramp 2 blocks away for $32 a night; well worth the savings!!

Beds are super comfortable!!

We enjoyed our stay, but next time will try to find a more family-friendly hotel.
    • Standard Room

Some of the things we would normally get in a less expensive hotel were not provided free: Coffeemaker & coffee, continental breakfast, Wi-Fi, Microwave oven, We reserved for 4 adults for 2 nights...only got 3 towels...a little stingy with the towels. Had to use a robe to dry off after a shower.

The location was very convenient. Having a drug store right across the street was a big plus. The view outside our window was fabulous....we were on the 35th floor. Loved it.

The bed was perfect!

No free WiFi. Parking too expensive. You have to pay for local calls. Basically anything outside of sleeping at this hotel you have to pay for.

The bed was perfect! Front desk staff was very pleasant.

good location interesting city lots to see and do plus bonus free concert in millenium park

booking.com said airport shuttle available at this hotel which is why i booked it. Shuttle does not excist

good speedy check in and bright spacious room

The service was wonderful.

The rooms were outdated with beige from floor to ceiling. It's time to update the Fairmont Millennium Park with current furnishings.

The service was wonderful. The location of the hotel is excellent.

Not the jewel in Fairmont's crown
    • Standard Room

towels were old and in poor condition. carpet was beat up and needs replacement in halls. Still waiting for the emailed copy of my bill which reservation desk clerk promised to email at time of check out.

good location, staff cleaned room well but amenities were not up to Fairmont standard based on stays at other Fairmont hotels.

First trip to Chicago

I have no complaints, I would definitely stay again.

I loved the view from my room. It was very beautiful. The room was very spacious and clean. The vanity mirror was also a plus!!! I definitely got what I paid for.

I like that I was walking distance to the park an the taste...

Didn't like the feathers in my pillows felt good but where everywhere.

I like that I was walking distance to the park an the taste of Chicago as well as all lyft an uber rides to all the city pass attractions were near by an not costly.

Hotel worked out, but I will never use Booking.com again

First off, Booking.com is one of the worst websites out there and I will make it a point never to use it again. The customer service was an all-time worst. Secondly the hotel location was tough for Uber customers as it was always a challenge for the driver to locate us.

Everybody was friendly at the hotel and we had a pleasant time.

The wort

I've had one of the worst experience ever at a hotel they told me everything was great they would fix it they had it all figured out but really they stole $500 dollars buy triple charging me when they told me they had fix the problem on 3 separate occasion.

Good Value for money
    • Signature View Room with Two Double Beds

Light fixture fell out of bathroom ceiling, and the staff didn't fix it until the next day. The comforter had blood stains on it, and the bed frame was chipped/flaking. Also, fridges were not provided in the rooms, it was an extra charge.

Staff was amazing and very friendly. Convenient location.

You can hear the elevators thru the walls.
    • Signature View King Room

They upsold the room but did not state that the suites were next to the elevators. We did not sleep well the entire time because you constantly heard the elevators going up and down. The only remedy they offered was to give us rollaway bed so we can sleep in the living room.

The lobby and location was great.

The room was very nice with a wonderful view of millennium...

Read online that there was internet in the room, but the only available is an ethernet cord. You have to pay for wifi access.

The room was very nice with a wonderful view of millennium park!

Nice hotel, but not worth the money.
    • Standard Room

Too many fees. Hotel does not offer anything for the money you pay. You have to pay for everything. WiFi, local calls,parking too high. Not worth the money. I've been to other 4 and 5 star hotels that gives you WiFi at least. There was trash and used glass in our room when we checked in.

Tiphany,front desk clerk, was nice and courteous.

The Bedding/pillows
    • Standard Room

WiFi only free in the lobby. Parking not included in hotel room price. I will not book with booking.com anymore nor suggested to others. I was charged for my room the day after I reserved it

The Bedding/pillows

Could not have asked for more - wonderful stay!
    • Standard Room

I have nothing negative to say about our experience there. Everything was perfect

From the moment we arrived, the staff at the Fairmont went above and beyond to help us. We had only one night there, arriving after an international flight from Europe, and we were jetlagged and "needy". Incredibly friendly greeting outside and quick help with luggage and extras needed in the room, the security team (shout out to Paul!) went above and beyond to help us locate a lost cell phone, the concierge made a VERY last-minute dinner reservation to accommodate our cranky toddler, they answered questions about 24-hour pharmacies and early morning breakfast places, they gave directions, and on and on. The room was bigger than expected and gave our family plenty of space to spread out while the little one was sleeping. I can't say enough good things. It was also connected via indoor walkways to shops and restaurants for quick needs, which was really convenient. If we return to Chicago again, we will certainly be staying here!

Lovely hotel and staff - wifi and TV poor
    • Standard Room

It's rubbish that there is no free wifi in the rooms. The TVs are also set up so that you have to fiddle around with them for five minutes before actually watching a (free) TV programme rather than ordering a movie or whatever. Both of these features suggest that the main objective of this hotel is the extraction of $$$ rather than providing an efficient customer experience.

The room was nice - large and clean. The bar/ restaurant downstairs was excellent and the staff really lovely. It's well located but quiet. Great views from room.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Brief business trip
    • Standard Room

Having to pay for WiFi in my room. One isn't charged for electricity so why charge for some that is as basic as power in the 21stC? Also, the room, though very comfortable and spacious, just seemed a little dated, eg. incandescent light bulbs still in use which could easily be updated to LED ones which are just as nice and use a fraction of the power.

Excellent buffet breakfast (though not cheap). Nice large room (though sound insulation to next door room was very poor). Nice views from the 26th floor despite being surrounded by other skyscrapers.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

FAIRMONT IS MORE THAN FAIR!!!

Long hallways... :-) It is a big hotel. I also suggest the escalators in the lobby be triggered when someone gets on them - now they never stop and make a lot of noise.

Wonderful building, great staff, super nice room, friendly service and wonderful breakfast. PLUS a great location. And via Booking the rate I paid was particularly good for such a premium hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Location, lovely lake view from room, spacious room layout,...
    • Signature View Room with Two Double Beds

how about some free wifi? we were single women traveling together and the location of the elevator bank was far away from front desk, close to a public bar, and didn't seem particularly well supervised.

Location, lovely lake view from room, spacious room layout, and the room was quiet

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

The greatest luxury ... caring, committed, customer-centered staff and service.
    • Deluxe King Room - Allergy-Friendly

I was involved in an accident on my way to Chicago and required ER Care. The staff graciously assisted me in selecting a hospital and in getting there to ensure timely treatment. Upon my return to my room, I found a note from the manager and a dish of fresh fruit. The note, the caring attitude of all the staff, and genuine concern for my welfare touched me deeply. What your staff did may seem a small thing to you, but for me, it helped change a very frustrating day into something entirely different. Small acts of kindness transform experience and perception. The Fairmont is a beautiful, luxurious building with incredible views and great location. However, what makes it stand out, are the people that work there; they are your most precious resource and the heart of your organization. I have already shared my story with numerous colleagues, family and friends. I know there are many wonderful hotels to choose from in the immediate area, but the only choice for me is the Fairmont.

Poor

No free WiFi and furniture in poor condition

Check in directly without waiting untill 3 pm

A bit confusing to get to.

A bit confusing to get to.

We had a great time with a great view, very close to Millenium and Maggie Daley Park. We will come
    • Deluxe King Room - Allergy-Friendly

Room service on a beautiful table!

excellent place to stay

Free wifi

The staff was extra friendly and made us feel very welcome.

Great location and fantastic bed.

Nothing, it was impeccable

Great location and fantastic bed.

Perfect for exactly what we needed!! I would come again!

Bed was a bit stiff. Would have liked a little more room in the fridge.

Location, decor, nice space, safe location, friendly and helpful staff.

Environment and service

Elevator is too fast .. makes people feel a little uncomfortable..

Environment and service

Good

Nothing special

Good

Close proximity to all the major locations of chicago

Close proximity to all the major locations of chicago

Never again.

Hotel rooms require upgrading.

Hotel rooms require upgrading. The interiors were a bit tattered.

Overall visit was ok, It was only one night. Pricing was a bit much I think for an overnight visit.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Two people working check in.Long lines and wait.

Mattress was too soft,needs to be changed, too bouncy.Not firm enough.

Lolla stay

Could have a pool

The room was pretty and a great view

The hotel was very accessible to Downtown Chicago, all...

The hotel was very accessible to Downtown Chicago, all within walking distance. The staff were very accommodating to our needs.

Absolutely love the location, I plan to come back!

Long line during check-in.

Gluten free bread.

Clean and friendly staff.
    • Standard Room

Clean and friendly staff. House keeping was excellent

Enjoyed the atmosphere

Enjoyed the atmosphere

Great hotel to stay in if you are planning on being out of the room for most of the day

Rooms do not have coffee pot or microwave and wifi is not free.

Great location to Navy Pier.

Great access to downtown Chicago

It could have been better if there is a swimming pool.

Staffs are willing to help and very friendly.

Fabulous first impression of Chicago

Cable wasn't working properly, water pressure very low

Bed's comfortable, view is amazing, spacious rooms, awesome location

room layout

bathroom scale did notwkrk

room layout

Chicago Girl loved it!

Loved this hotel! The view was outstanding and near everything.

Paid WiFi is very inconvenient

Paid WiFi is very inconvenient

Breakfast and pricing.

Took an hour to get our car when we were told 20 minutes

Took an hour to get our car when we were told 20 minutes

Bed was great!

Bed was great!

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Good hotel at great location but too expensive for value.
    • Signature View King Room

Good hotel at great location but too expensive for value. I have been there during a trade show so prices go up but over 500 /night is too much

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Standard Room

Cost benefit relation No free wifi

Amazing location.

Lobbies are great, but the hallways are a little shabby, need a paint job.

Loved the huge bathroom and separate toilet.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Sheer bliss!!
    • Gold King Room

The rooms could have been a little warmer in the evenings.

Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Location and view from room.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Allergy-Friendly

$70 daily parking

Location and view from room.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Signature View Room with Two Double Beds

The service at Millenim Room for breakfast. Reposition were too slow!

Location Room

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

good breakfast, great bed

old style

good breakfast, great bed

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Excellent location
    • Standard Room

Excellent location Great view of lake

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Great location, Great Staff. Great room

Location . The rooms are always clean, the staff is always helpful and friendly..

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Location and size of room elevators are quick

Lobby restaurant isn't welcoming Design of rooms is old fashioned bathrooms are large but the appliances are not comfortable

Location and size of room elevators are quick

• Reviewed: 9 April 2016

Really good location for sightseeing.

Restaurant facilities and cafes were scarce in the hotel. It took a lot of questions to find where to get a coffee or breakfast. The staff were not too knowledgable about the surrounding block.

Really good location for sightseeing. Close to the river and millennium park.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2016

Was able to upgrade to a much bigger suite for a small fee.

Ice machine on our floor not working. No pool or exercise room without paying fee. Water pressure in shower was weak.

Was able to upgrade to a much bigger suite for a small fee. Elevators were fast. Location was OK.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2016

I loved the bathrooms, and the fact that they had seperate...

Maybe updating and modernizing the decor in the rooms. My colleagues stayed at the Loew and I was very impressed with the lobby and the room designs.

I loved the bathrooms, and the fact that they had seperate bathtub and shower. The location was very convenient for me.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2016

Very nice area, nice accomodations

It wasn't worth it for the money paid. They had high charges for everything else and I ended up paying much more than I thought. Very disappointed.

Very nice area, nice accomodations

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

Our visit to the Fairmont for St Patrick's festivities...

Not one thing !

Our visit to the Fairmont for St Patrick's festivities was excellent! Upgraded our rooms to lake view! Got free WiFi! I will definitely be staying here again, the staff was excellent as well.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2016

Luisa at reception was wonderful.

Luisa at reception was wonderful. She made sure my adult daughter and I had a pleasant room for our stay. Easy location to walk to so many sites and quick walk to the "L".

• Reviewed: 10 March 2016

The position is perfect, well-served by train, metra, ecc.

In such a high quality hotel the WI-FI connection should be free of charge.

The position is perfect, well-served by train, metra, ecc... . and the rooms are really large and confortable!

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

The location of hotel

The hidden fees...the heat was up to 90 and my room was still cold..looked like someone jizzed on the wall next to toilet paper roll..also 2 days after my departure from hotel my card was charged again for my fees..though I already paid

The location of hotel

• Reviewed: 17 February 2016

The staff was friendly, and the room was clean.

I reserved a king and received a double for the same price.What was the point of the reservation,if they were going to give me what they wanted.We were given a complimentary breakfast for the mistake.This breakfast consisted of cold eggs and toast that looked like charcoal.I took pictures and sent them via email to the front desk.I had to ask, "I's this acceptable? Would you eat this?" Very dissatisfied

The staff was friendly, and the room was clean.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Staff was friendly, helpful, and professional.

Hotel is not easy to drive to and the cost of valet parking is outrageous.

Staff was friendly, helpful, and professional. Room was comfortable. Rates were reasonable.

There are also 63 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.