Reviews of The Florida Hotel & Conference Center - BW Premier Collection 3 stars

1500 Sand Lake Road, Orlando, FL 32809, USA

#76 of 407 hotels in Orlando

Fantastic
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Connecting Room

Air conditioning too high very cold at times

Everything about this hotel is great the staff are fantastic so pleasant and helpful it feels home to home

Will certainly book again! Great staff, location and service!

The staff were professional, courteous and helpful. Devlin, front desk, was absolutely amazing. Greeted with a smile and addressed an issue we had with booking. Annie, our waitress at Breakfast was wonderful. Valet, housekeeping and concierge were on point. Pool, restrooms, and lobby area were very clean. Starbucks staff get 5 stars. Recommend to anyone traveling to the Orlando area.

The perfect hotel if you enjoy shopping!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

As the weather was proving to be rather wet during our stay it was the perfect hotel to enjoy shopping at the end of a wonderful holiday motoring around coastal Florida.

the quote I was given online did not match.

the quote I was given online did not match. I called booking.com and got no help. I will never recommend it or use it again. in fact, I will make sure I tell my co workers to stay away from booking.com.

Well kept property.

Well kept property. Courteous staff and service. Connected to mall and convenient to other shopping and restaurants. Within minutes to downtown area without getting on interstate. Everything you need for rest , relaxation and entertainment. Thanks Thane and William for their kindness when keys were lock in car.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bathtub - Disability Access

The carpets in the hallways and rooms seemed worn. I would like purified water instead of spring water. Too salty. The room.was clean and beds were comfortable.

The location was great and the staff was nice.

Surprisingly sumptuous and enjoyable.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

It is inevitable that a property of this size, and located in such a strategic point of the city (on the Florida Mall), bring you a certain impersonality. We really feel like a tourist in it. But no surprise. And it's not bad either. It's his way of being a hotel.

This hotel continues to be imposing and luxurious. The new administration gave him a new life, with reforms and great investment in cleanliness and comfort. Congratulations.

Shop till you drop, no need go anywhere else.

Everything closed early like the bar restaurant and its a weekend 1145 , sandrie , coffee shop. Stores did not open till noon on Sundays,

The convenience to shop till you drop. It’s was a great place if you need to get some serious shopping done,

We will definitely go back next time when we are in Orlando.

I have no complaints.

It was excellent!! We stayed there for the second time. The staff was extremely professional as usual. The room was clean and comfortable. I will stay there again and recommend it to any of my friends!! Very conveniently located as part of the Florida Mall.

Would stay again

Pool was freezing.have to walk through the lobby in your swim clothes to get to the pool. Parking sometimes difficult

The gym was great. Clean modern equipment. good security precautions.

Fun but frozen!

Pool was freezing! You'd think a "premier hotel" would have a heated pool. The pool was the 2nd reason to stay here for us.

Placement of property with the mall

One of the best hotels in Orlando

I didn't have any dislikes. The property was lovely.

The staff had great customer service. And I loved the convience of being in the mall so I can shop 😁

Huge hotel in the FL mall

The room was a bit outdated and musty smelling when the AC was off.

Good location (hotel was actually inside the Florida Mall); lovely pool although the weather didn't comply. Staff was very nice and helpful.

The beds were wonderful the bathroom very clean and very...

There's no microwave but there's a fridge there's garbage cans but no garbage bags and there was a guy for 58 minutes drilling above my head starting at 5 minutes to 11 and I have a late check-out and that was so upsetting because I have a Korean war vet who woke up with his hands around his head I even have a video of it I have a video of this noise for 58 minutes I called the front desk they said sorry that's not good enough they should have made them stop so the place started out as a wonderful Adventure but it ended in absolute Misery we are supposed to check out in 20 minutes but I miss my alarm .. because I could not hear it they should have told me that there was going to be construction over my bedroom..

The beds were wonderful the bathroom very clean and very trendy the hotel is simply gorgeous with the mall is a very unexpected bonus..

Fair
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I did not like my bed and did not like the I could not get my money for the last night I did not stay. The hotel stated aince I used booking . Com a third party there was nothing they could do.

Love the location pretty hotel, very clean

Room was clean.

Room was clean. The gym was of great quality- much better than others we've experienced. The hotel is connected to the mall which is very convenient if you like to shop. The hotel key is required for every door so safety is not an issue. They have a decent bar downstairs with a very friendly bartender. The breakfast was a little pricey (17.99pp) for buffet style but was good. Will definitely return.

Florida Hotel and Conference Center is a clean, friendly and safe place to stay.
    • King Room with Connecting Room

We liked that the room was up to date, big and very clean. Although we didn't eat at any of the restaurants in the hotel it was nice that they were there. We also liked that you have to use you room key to go into the elevator. Making it a little more safer.

Very Clean and Confortable

The only thing I would say is this hotel needs a little of a make over in the hallways and elevators as well as the tubs look tired. But if they proceeded with this improvements the price would probably go up so better leave it LOL.

What I like the most is that this hotel is very clean. The beds and pillows are so confortable and all the amenities are always in good working condition. The price is great and it´s inside a mall which makes things much easier for shopping. The staff is always courteous and helpful.

Good hotel to start a holiday in Florida from Orlando. Great Mall and lovely pool
    • King Room with Connecting Room

Overall clean hotel that needs a bit of a refurbishment of the rooms, corridors and elevators! The rooms are noisy due to the ventilation system of the hotel/mall and it takes a bit of getting used to! All rooms have the same problem all around the hotel as we stayed in several ones over the years!

Nice hotel when arriving in Orlando as it is only 15 minutes from the international airport and good starting point for Florida! Great, heated pool with plenty of space around it! Breakfast restaurant is good with great choice and lovely omelettes! It is attached to the mall. Great Parking

Bartender and i lost my wallet and it was returned...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

We were trying to have a late check out of an hour and were unable to. Pool closes to early on weekends.

Bartender and i lost my wallet and it was returned immediately with everything in it

I like everything but for some reason i was charged twice.
    • King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

I like everything but for some reason i was charged twice. Booking. com charged me and Hotel charged me now i don't understand why booking.com processed the payment.

Convenient place to stay for shopping and the parks.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Connecting Room

Woken twice in the night by telephone alarms and also woken early by maintenance to check for water leaks from our bathroom to downstairs, none found. We were above the main entrance so not much of a view.

Check in was very quick and staff very helpful. Comfortable beds with clean linen and plenty of towels. Had a great evening meal in the bar downstairs too. Great location if you want to do some last minute shopping before flying home.

Relaxing and enjoyable stay and convenient for the airport.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Given that the room was on the top floor and located at the end of the corridor on some days I found it took longer to make up my room.

I was allocated a room on the top floor of the hotel as was my preference. The room was great as it was quiet and not located near an elevator or vending machines. I found the room really comfortable and enjoyed my stay.

Convenient location for breakfast.

No real restaurant either within the hotel or the adjacent mall. From a location point of view the address kept confusing the Uber drivers.

Convenient location for breakfast. Good food.

Good hotel with a great location

The rooms don't have windows and they have carpet flooring so when we arrived at the room it smelled a little bit musty. Once we turned the AC on the smell went away (or we got used to it). The other thing is that it's not that close to Disney since it's probably 25 minutes away. The hotel service charge is also a little bit high in my opinion and you would expect the room to be absolutely spotless for the price. But we got a really good deal for the hotel room so it really didn't bother us that much.

The hotels location is extremely good if you're visiting the Universal Orlando Resort and doing some shopping. The Universal CityWalk parking lot is just 10 minutes away and the mayor outlets are 5-10 minutes away, you have the Mall at Millenia at a 10 minutes drive and the Florida Mall just down stairs. MCO airport is 15 minutes away as well. The area around the hotel is also very convenient with many restaurants in and around the mall and you have a Best Buy and a WallMart at a 2-5 minutes drive. The front desk attendant (Dana I believe was her name) was very kind and provided me with some time after I missed the check out time since we had some trouble packing. The hotel room was very clean when we arrived and housekeeping did a good job most of the times setting everything up. We where there for a week (Dec 25-Jan1 on room 653) and only on one day did I think to myself that whoever cleaned the room was in a hurry. My wife and I were very pleased with the hotel and would return gladly in the future. Oh and the beds are pretty comfy which is something that's really important when you're traveling intensely to the amusement parks. =)

Location, resturant or bar downstairs.

The hallway on our flor was very dirty. All sounds from the hallway we heard into the room. Room needs a upplift.

Location, resturant or bar downstairs.

I had asked for a quite room , we stayed in the hotel the...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bathtub - Disability Access

I had asked for a quite room , we stayed in the hotel the previous week. We got a room at the back of the hotel, where traffic could be heard and made getting to sleep difficult . Disappointing.

My stay was enjoyable and the shopping at the mall was great!

It would have been nice to have a microwave, but it did have a fridge.

The hotel was attached to the shopping mall. The reservation desk lead right into the mall--no need to ever go outside. I loved that the room key access the elevator. The room had very large picture window. We were on the 4th floor and got a chance to watch the New Year's Eve fireworks. An excellent hotel in which we had our family reunion here 3 years ago.

The bed was super comfortable and the breakfast was...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

It was a little difficult to find the hotel as the mall carpark is huge and the GPS device we received with our rental car advised we reached our destination at the entrance of the mall carpark and gave no further directions to actually reach the hotel

The bed was super comfortable and the breakfast was excellent!! The staff is very friendly and helpful as well! The location is also great

Easy Access, Easy Check in, Helpful Staff, and the Most Convenient Access to Shopping Ever.

Room Rates are a little steep, a nominal decrease in rates would go a long way to securing return stays.

The walk in access to the FL Mall is a big plus.

location is perfect and size of the room was great
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

was not clean and once they didnt make up our room and 2 times they didnt refill tissues or coffee. the sheet became dirty and they make up the room and they didnt change it although it was very obvious. it was soo expensive compared to the service we received.

location is perfect and size of the room was great

Decent
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Very simple, old hotel with mall. If you want convenient but not fancy. Staff is nice and room was clean. Took 2 min for staff to bring extra blanket which was very appreciated. This more of a transit hotel, not a place to vacation.

Outstanding hotel, everything first rate and so convenient for so many activities.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Wishing we'd booked to stay longer

Staff at front desk outstanding in arranging a second room on arrival, explaining where everything was. Secure car park right next to hotel. Lovely heated swimming pool. Great breakfast, everywhere spotlessly clean and beautiful rooms and bathrooms, also right on the doorstep of so many facilities.

Close to the Mall
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

An additional service fee of $18/night was not disclosed when booking by either Booking.Com or the Florida Hotel. When queried all the hotel staff would do is point us to a notice on the reception desk advising guests of the charge, a little late when we had travelled 4000 miles. It smacks of sharp practice , the cost if applied to all rooms should be added to the cost quotation.

Close to the Mall

Would definitely stay there if I visit Orlando again
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The cleaning of the room was missed many days and I had to inform the front desk, also one day the smell of the bathroom after cleaning was really bad (sweat)

Pleasant stay, convenient location. Nice staff. Room could be cleaner.

The lighting in the bathroom was very poor, the room decor and bathroom design all very dated. Not much storage.

Bartender and Restaurant staff were excellent.

Clean rooms, nice staff.

The restaurants directly in the hotel were mediocre..for the price of the meal options, we were hoping for tastier options. The cafe's in the food court were better.

Clean rooms, nice staff. and best of all – connected to the mall! Super easy to get to a variety of food and shopping options.

Nice, safe hotel in Orlando

This hotel is attached to an indoor mall that has just about any store you would like to shop at! The staff was very courteous, especially the French lady Ms. Martine.

Not bad but not great.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Room felt a bit shabby and a little unclean, especially when it came to the bedding.

Staff was very nice. Food in bar was surprisingly good. Great fitness center and a Starbucks in the lobby.

Clean and close to the airport.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The room is old fashion with carpet. $165 per night is too much for this hotel. The lobby is really nice but not the rooms.

Clean and close to the airport.

Thoroughly enjoyable and will return

All good, we needed to change rooms because the room provided was near the lift doors, we have stayed in similar rooms previously without problems but on this occasion there were a few families talking outside our room during the night. The room was swapped immediately upon request.

We eat breakfast mainly in the on site Starbucks outlet. They offer the usual fare which does include veggie options. The restaurant also has more options. Fabulous location connected to the Mall which again offers eating and shopping options. The hotel also has a 24 hour Fitness centre and a lovely pool with loungers/seating areas. We always use this hotel if spending time in Orlando.

Excellent, Friendly and spotlessly clean

Nothing, was spotless

Great Location in the Florida Mall, shops on your doorstep lol. Nice large Pool, Room was spotless and on the 11th floor was very quiet. We had a king size bed which was very comfy and all the facilities in the room such as coffee maker, fridge freezer, TV. Good WiFi and high speed cable internet if needed. Room was very new looking and spotlessly clean. Pool towels available at side of pool and plenty of loungers around the pool. Also very close to airport which was a bonus for our last night as we had late flight so got a late check out which we were given complimentary and could shop a little then short drive to airport so all in all an excellent stay.

Convenient and comfortable

Housekeeping seems to only check once per day for cleaning. If you happen to put 'Do Not Disturb' on when they check in the morning, you will need to manually ask for towels/etc later on. I would prefer they check a few times per day like most places so they can clean once you head out for the day.

Attached to the mall (super convenient). Very friendly staff. Great restaurant/bar inside the hotel with delicious food and is hopping at night if you want to meet some people. They still however have a nice back section with normal table seating which was a plus if you didnt want to be near the bar. Comfortable beds. Powerful shower.

Huge hotel, luxury lobby, many things to do, the mall was...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Huge hotel, luxury lobby, many things to do, the mall was awesome. Rooms were kinda simple, anything special. Me and my friends are satisfied with this accommodation.

Convenient and worth it.

No proper hanging out area for families with kids and rooms need to be updated.

As you are close to one of the premier malls in Orlando it would be nice to have a better hanging out area for families that stay for the shopping and theme parks. The rooms are a bit outdated as I have been coming to your hotel a while now.

Staff were great.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Booking.com did not mention an extra $20 hotel surcharge or convenience fee per night. The cost of the room was $210 instead of the $168 that booking.com promised. Booking.com needs to ensure that they disclose this fee since it significantly increases the cost of the stay.

Staff were great. Proximity to the mall and starbucks was very helpful

Amazing weekend at this hidden treasure.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I would've liked a restaurant-type place to eat at instead of the bar or the food court options in the mall. If I'd known I would've just ordered room service for dinner.

The room was beautiful and the perfect temperature. I really liked being able to switch the thermostat to celcius. The food for breakfast was great and the hot tub and pool were wonderful.

Poor customer service

Front desk made error on bill and then made us feel like we did something wrong she made us stand there for a long time while she read every line on our agreement and then printed it out and trade every line again and then had someone else look at it Holes in blankets and a staff that was in friendly

Not much staff very unfriendly

It is a good location
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

They charge 10 dollars per delivery for a Amazon package..ridicilous. I just checked into another hotel and I receive my amazon package for free. How can they charge 10 dollars for every package..money making racket!!! No room service after 10 at night and not before 6 in the morning .....

The cussions on the bed is terrible, very uncomfortable to sleep on them

Keep it up nice work

It's mine 1st time staying in The Florida Hotel & Conference Center - BW Premier Collection,the staff and personnel, lobby, restaurant, grape and go, room and room attendant, bell boy in one word the hole Hotel was excellent.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

The service staff during breakfast was excellent.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The concierge staff. few of them were downright indifferent just because I chose to use the Uber service instead of their contracted taxi service. They didnt bother to welcome me back or even help me with my purchases when I return even when there was no other clients around. They didnt even bothered to help me lift my luggage into the uber car when I was leaving. That really spoilt my stay. Special mention that of all the concierges, MO was the only one who came to my rescue when he dashed out of nowhere to assist even when there were 2 others who were there when my ride arrived! Thank U MO!

The service staff during breakfast was excellent. The housekeeping staff were very helpful. The front office were on point!

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Excellent for a short stay in central Orlando.

The only issue I had was that my satnav and google maps both took me to the wrong location, about 5 minutes drive away. Make sure to look out for the hotel and shopping mall on a map, too.

It was great being right next to the mall, good pool, plenty of parking, whole hotel was large and clean and the breakfast was excellent (and good value).

The location was great.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The biggest bummer was, part of the reason I chose this hotel was because there was a king room available when I booked. When we arrived we were told they were out of king rooms which...is what I reserved. I was really looking forward to a big comfy bed to sleep in! Also the toilet paper roll holder broke off the wall the first time I used the restroom. So strange. And the toilet ran until I fixed it...the front of the sink where the decorative flowers are looked like there was dried toothpaste on the front. Not huge issues but issues nonetheless. I could hear someone laughing and talking loud next door in the morning which wasn't my favorite way to wake up.

The location was great. Connected to the Florida Mall which was nice and made it easy to kill time if needed. Lots of good food in the Dining Pavilion at the mall and a Starbucks on site!

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Great place to stay!

A bit tricky to find it, since it is located behind a shopping center. We had a nice corner room, but the drapes wouldn't close completely, allowing parking lot lights into the room during the night. Not a big deal!

Room was very nice, and staff was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

The location was awesome, you have the Mall entrance right...

The only negative thing about this hotel is the walls, they are to thin. We could hear everything our neighbors where doing, we had some kids running upstairs at 2 a.m. and everything they would open a water faucet next to us you could hear the water running loud and clear.

The location was awesome, you have the Mall entrance right behind the check in booth. What I liked the most was that the elevators, you have to put your key in them to have access to your floor. This way people from the Mall do not have access to the elevators.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

All right

There is no control of the air conditioning in the room, the hotel sets the temperature and can also turn it off

There is a large shopping mall in the hotel itself. There is a computer room that is open to the hotel guests

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

It was amazing, we will definitely stay again when we come back.

We have a family of 7 and we were looking forward to breakfast, it was a little pricey for us. It would have been nice to have a cheaper option instead of going off site.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Great experience.

Would have appreciated a shuttle service to the Orange County Convention center. Would have liked the hot tub to be open until midnight.

Excellent customer service, professional & courteous staff, free parking, access of coffee shop & restaurant in the hotel. Quick check-in & check-out.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Great Place, Centrally Located

Although there is special parking for guests, was hoping it might be a little more secure. Anyone could access the gated area at any time. We saw a questionable person roaming around. Told the front desk and they had security immediately check it out. My son Saw them running out there!

On site restaurant was fabulous! Kids (11-15) loved that the hotel is connected to a mall. Any down time we had was spent shopping or at the ice cream store in the mall. We had a gymnastics meet at the Orange County Convention Center and then went to Universal another day. Perfect location of hotel with short drives to both.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Very good stay.

$18 fee that was undisclosed until you reach the desk.

Facilities are great. Rooms are fairly sized and clean, and very quiet. The hotel is adjacent to the mall. It's 15 minutes away from Universal traveling by car.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

The Florida Hotel

Nothing to to say . It met our needs without any problems.

Very good hotel, good value, comfortable, attached to a mall with many dining options both inside the mall and on the mall perimeter. Close to what we needed.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Front desk was very helpful, specially the valet park man and the room was clean. Good location, both for shopping and dining. Good value. Close to the airport and also attached to the Florida Mall for shopping. Great breakfast buffet. Love this place, will be back.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Great location for shoppers.

Noise in room on 2nd floor, but got it changed without hesitation by hotel service:)

Very friendly service. Helped me with early check in and change of room, when I asked for it due to some noise probably from AC.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Very plaisant stay at this hotel. Great to have the mall within walking distance.

The staff was very friendly. The bell man, Georgio was very nice and helpful w/us in solving out personal problems, since my daughter lost her phone at the airport, and he was so kind to drive us over there and helping us in many ways.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Plenty of comfort and convenience for a reasonable price.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Ran out of parking spaces the last night. Dust had accumulated along the walls (I'm allergic). Bathroom mirror needed a cleaning. Shower drain couldn't keep up, so stood in water up to my ankles. Hotel elevator floor display stuck on "3".

Hot water available immediately. Bottled water each day. WiFi speed and availability. Free parking. Great breakfast buffet. Convenience to mall. Climate control worked well. Roomy. Firm mattresses. Plenty of towels.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Money, money, money ....
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The staff - manager - thought more about money than the well-beining og the customer. Nothing done for frequent customers. I have been coming to your hotel since 1993 (Adam Mark?) for a total of 17 years. Who are you, the fromt asked, but the bell-boys welcomed me "home". I asked for a late check-out (two hours) on the phone and was told no. I went downstair and was angry and there I was told I could have one hour free but two would cost $25. Thank you!

Everything, byt the Thanksgiving food at Marcellos wwas a little lacking. But service excellent.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

We actually had an issue with the restaurant.

We actually had an issue with the restaurant. The breakfast potatoes had a rock in them and my partner bit into it. The management was less then helpful except were scared. We had Togo to the regency dentist.

Home away from Home.

We had no problems.

The location was ideal, The staff - very friendly and accommodating. The Room was spacious and comfortable. Easy access to all the hotel facilities- Cricket , Starbucks , Grab and Carry , Newspapers. Excellent Room Service. Convenient Entrance to the Mall.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Good hotel
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Unable to get a bed or chair round pool as all taken or towels left on them. Air crews were in! Room very noisy with air con units from outside.

Staff were friendly, room was comfortable and clean. Free parking and great access to Florida Mall.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

A great vacation, a great stay. Couldn't ask for more and looking forward to our next stay.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The bathroom needs an upgrade. I missed my handshower.

The beds are really comfy. The bellmen are our favourites. This was our 9th stay.so the faces were familiar. We are really looking forward to our next stay. Did some good shopping too

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

I like every thing

Great place to getaway
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

We liked how friendly and helping every staff member was and the environment just felt welcoming.

Cockroach in the bathroom.

Cockroach in the bathroom. ALive....

Nice room