Reviews of The Freeport Inn and Marina 3 stars

445 South Main Street, Freeport, NY 11520, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Freeport

not very good

People were knocking on our door after midnight. No light by the bathroom mirror. no garbage cans or tissues in the room, no tables to eat at for the complimentary breakfast, cigarette butts outside our door in the morning, loud Cantina right outside your room.

Close to wher I needed to be.
    • King Room with Sea View

The safety of the area. New things very old hotel ! Very expensive!! Could see open space around door both. At least patio locked me in. Walls mold bleeding through paint. Loud music til midnight. Not advertised like this on your site. They are trying to renevate a really old hotel—not there yet. So far from it

Close to wher I needed to be.

If your air conditioner is broken, make sure you tell them...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Shower

The restaurant/bar next to the Inn had terrible service.

If your air conditioner is broken, make sure you tell them right away or else you will be sweating to death overnight.

Clean and relatively nice place to stay, but not a great location if you're a tourist without a car.

The location wasn't great but would've been better if I had a car which I didn't.

The staff were really helpful and freindly and allowed for an early check in.

A crazy night in a weird place.

We have stayed here twice before, but this was by far the worst time. The room was clearly meant to be handicap accessible (which we didn't request or need), but the remodels fall short. For example, when you plugged in something, the entire outlet moved. The bathroom did not have a tub, so there was no place to put shampoo or soap while showering. The hairdryer did not work, nor did either of the outlets in the bathroom. Most importantly, I had a late checkout of 12:00, and I was awakened by the housekeeper at 10 AM to ask me to leave earlier because the hotel was fully booked that day. The noise level was high, and we could hear the telelvision from the room next door. For $200 for the night, it was completely over priced. Next time we will probably stay in Rockville Centre and take Uber to Freeport instead.

The hotel is a short bike ride away from the waterfront restaurants and bars in Freeport. Additionally, the rooms are clean because of recent remodeling, but still only average. Lastly, Margarita's Cafe was an added bonus. It was the first time the restaurant was open when we've stayed there.

I like the new upgrades and the bathroom.

There's no microwave in the room. So you have to go to the main office.

I like the new upgrades and the bathroom. The staff is nice and respond to all your needs promptly. I will stay there again.

short And sweet

The location is understandable it’s Long Island everything is spaced out but if they would have a later bar or restaurant open instead of having to a walk 15 minute in the dark to 7/11. I don’t want to be forced to order pizza but that the only thing that bothered me.

You can feel The ambiance of the room the moment you step in. Not to forget the fact that it’s right by the water as well. The lady at the front desk that works in the morning very very excellent customer service, nice smile and she friendly which made me feel at home and make me want to come back.

Had a comfortable stay
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Bed was somewhat comfortable. No closet to hang clothes There is a club on site, music obviously loud, but once we shut the door we couldn’t hear the club music.

I liked the staff, parking was free onsite. Good temperature in room, easy to control. Newly updated shower was great. It’s a little over a mile from the main Freeport strip with a couple of gift shops and many places to eat fresh seafood.

Easy to access location with comfortable room and helpful front desk folks.

Lighting over bathroom sink has been updated but it’s style emits poor light for putting on makeup. It casts a dim light with no options for making brighter. Construction noise outside my unit started at 8 am but they started later after front desk alerted them.

Front desk folks very friendly and accommodating. My room was clean, bed very comfortable and bathroom upgraded. I would stay here again.

Short and sweet. had to leave before breakfast which is included in the price of the stay

the buildings exterior is undergoing some form of construction so the exterior could be better.

the room had all modern appliances, a small kitchenette including a microwave and a stove. The room had modern fixtures for lighting so many lighting options. The bed was furnished with nice design pillows.

This location is very close to the miracle mile.
    • Superior King Room

The only thing I didn't like was that the restaurant/bar was not open. It's seasonal so I understand. I just didn't realize when I booked.

This location is very close to the miracle mile. We stayed in the superior king and it was a nice room and very clean. The shower was great. The outside still looks a little dated but the rooms and lobby were updated. Also, the staff was very friendly and helpful with suggestions on where to go. I would definitely stay again.

Beautiful Overall.

It’s a bit outdated on the outside but once you step in it’s great. It also was a bit expensive.

The room was gorgeous. I loved everything about my room and bathroom. Was very satisfied.

The restaurant at the property has beautiful views of the marina.
    • Standard 1 King Bed Room

I thought the property would be more upscale.

The reservation said "Breakfast included". This was actually a Continental Breakfast that was ok. Nothing really special.

The room was recently remodeled.
    • Standard 1 King Bed Room

But the lobby and outside areas didnt match the room, everything was old and dirty.

The room was recently remodeled. It was big and with a nice vertical hidromassage shower.

Recently remodeled theroom was bright and comfortable.

Recently remodeled theroom was bright and comfortable. Easy access to the attached restaurant and to the office. Friendly staff and good continental breakfast. Nice local water views of the marina which was nice.

It was fine, but we paid too much for a subpar stay.

The room was humid and smelled a little weird. The floors also felt dirty. Very loud at night, and was a little sketchy.

The shower/bathroom looked recently renovated and was very nice.

Stay was good. Looking forward to seeing the motel after the renovation!!

Motel was under renovations and was a bit of a mess.

Nice little motel. The best part is the Mexican restaurant at the property. Margaritas has authentic Mexican. Absolutely delicious and the staff was excellent!!

Maybe later.
    • Standard 1 King Bed Room

The outside of the motel would have been worked on first. It is need of a coat of paint. Also, outside of our room smelled of urine. There was a blast of room freshener upon opening our door which we discussed with the front desk. It was overwhelming so we put the fan on the room. Then front desk clerk told us that we could leave for the concert at Jones Beach about 7:15 and there wouldn't be a problem getting into the venue. Was he wrong! Thank Goodness for our Uber driver.

The room was newly decorated. I liked that it was near the Nautical Mile.

Not happy, unrested!

See above

The facility is undergoing renovations , is in grave disrepair and is situated next to a bar/loud music which shares the parking w/ hotel. It's therefore impossible to park or rest until 11pm!! None of this was explained to me upon check in. The hotel staff were very sweet however and apologetic, accommodating me with a parking space of their own and a discounted rate for the night, but that did not replace my sleep !! The hotel could be a " gem", situated right on the marina with great views! And the AC and bed were great!! Good bagel and coffee! Thx to the great staff for their professionalism!!!😐

Ok hotel by canal.

Breakfast was poor. Breakfast items seemed to be randomly chosen, sometimes there was juice, somtimes waffles to heat, sometimes not. No eggs or yoghurt. Wifi did not work inside the room.

Nice hotel under improvement Located in 'marine' area The room was fine with big tv and designer details

Better than it looks.

Seems very run down and out of place. First impressions are not great.

Surprisingly cleaner and quieter than it looks. Staff is friendly and accommodating.

Avoid at all costs! Filthy!
    • Standard 1 King Bed Room

Our room was filthy and so outdated! The site lies, the rooms are nothing like the photos they portray on the site. A health inspector will be called. The carpets were stained and black, the phone didnt work at all, the fridge is on the dirty bathroom floor. There was hairs on the floor, in the fridge, stains on the tray that held the ice bucket. The shelves that had the towels laying on were dirty too. I also asked when i called before check in, if we could have a private balcony and they call the walkway with railing to get to all rooms a "private" balcony, what a joke of a place. Plus the restaurant attached to hotel has a outdoor party bar that has a DJ playing bass musoc so you get no sleep here. And $200 a night for a dump, absolutely avoid this place ar all costs!

Great location in Freeport Long Island. 10 min drive to the beach and many restaurants.

Our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 4:30 so they put us in another room which wasn't as nice as the room we requested. However once it was ready we moved.

Although it's a fairly old property, they just went through a renovation and the upgrades were very modern. I would stay there again.

Great location and price.
    • Standard 1 King Bed Room

Breakfast was disappointing. The outside of the hotel needs sprucing up.

The inside of our room was updated and very clean. The Mexican restaurant next door was amazing with beautiful views. Great location close to Nautical Mile.

Yeah...About that. Don't stay here

Honestly, the place was dirty. Totally understand that it being an Inn by the bay in Freeport it's not going to be the most luxurious experience, however, everything was poorly made (bed, floors, sink, toilet, doors, etc...) There were flies and insects everywhere and there were a number of sketchy people who stayed at the hotel as well. Definitely did not feel comfortable even chain locking the door. Additionally, the construction that was going on early in the morning wasn't pleasant either. It's a shame because my friends/family and I are from out of town and heard the Nautical Mile was a cool area to go out. Our initial impression was positive since we went right to the Nautical mile, but once we got to the hotel it was a complete downer. Unfortunately, we had to stay there because my wedding was in the area and I needed to be within 10-15 minutes from the church.

There was not much that I particularly liked. Maybe if the mexican restaurant with the outside bar was open, that would have been enjoyable.

AC was broken and blowing out hot air. Room door was open when we first got to the room. Bathroom was dirty and beds were not comfortable. The money we were charged was outrageous for this room. Should be rated a 1 star motel.

Served all our needs

The restaurant was very poorly staffed and managed. Food was good even though my order was wrong. The hotel was doing room renovations in the room next to us at 8am

Friendly staff, very soft and clean bed, amazing rainfall shower.

Cute little hotel, very comfortable, in tiny town

The restaurant on site was supposed to stay open until later for the entire hotel (in town for a concert at Jones Beach), but when we returned before midnight, they had already closed up for the night. There was pretty much nothing open at that time (midnight on a Sunday night) so we were forced to go to the McDonalds. None of us were driving cars, and cabs were nowhere to be found (due to picking up hundreds of people at that concert) so we had to walk 4 miles round trip to the McDonalds. By this time they were not open to walk ups (only drive through) so we had to actually ask another car if they could buy our food for us! What a mission! This is a very small town though, so there are essentially no ubers, no lyfts, and no food past midnight. Others at our same hotel had to wait many hours at the Jones Beach venue to even catch a cab back to the hotel. We had to ask random drivers to take us back to the hotel. This is probably one of the biggest flaws in this town's setup. If would be better to have rented a car and just paid for the venue parking. All cab companies were not even answering the phone at that hour. We were definitely not prepared to deal with this issue! None of this was the hotel's fault, just a fact of staying in town for certain events and something to get prepared for in advance.

The room was very well appointed and you could tell they updated the space with high quality finishes. I thought the mirror was a little strange with the led lights inside. It's almost too dark to even see yourself. They could have saved the money and gone with a standard mirror with a light above (better for doing makeup). I would have also placed a cheap full length mirror inside the bathroom door (there was only the one mirror above the sink) Other than that, the beds and pillows were very comfortable and the window a/c unit kept the room very cool. We loved having our own patio set outside on a semi private outdoor space (we were first floor). Good location, cabs being about a 10 min ride to Jones beach and just a few min ride from the train station (about $10-12 dollar for that ride). You can tell the owners and management take very good care of the property, with the lovely landscaping and outside seating areas.

hotel looks nothing like the pictures posted

Room was terrible. Sheets had burn holes in them. Lamp was broken. Dirty, musty smell in the room. Construction going on outside that was loud and bothersome right next to our room. No phone in the room. Pictures that were posted on booking.com looked nothing like the hotel in person.

Booked a " deluxe " king room Confirmation stated. Balcony , dining area ... arrived to our " deluxe room ". .. just basic motel room with king size bed. No balcony no dining area. Small little refrigerator in the " bathroom ! Yes bathroom ! next to sink and toilet Went to front desk was told none of the rooms have balcony's or dining areas. Showed her my reservation and description of room .. was told pictures on web site do not even looked like that. " for years" I stated that was " false advertising and very misleading she said manager was not in and gave me his " card " to speak with him about it .... not calling him. Could not get my money back any way .

Location..

Underwhelming

Underwhelming. Checked in next to a couple who were hanging out in front of their room in various stages of dress. Went to the front desk asking to be moved (which I was, more or less promptly) but primarily offered an upgrade on the marina side for an added $105. Off-putting. Otherwise, no view of the marina, lots of renovation in progress (this is both good and bad). Perhaps there's potential here, however, for the time being, not worth the Manhattan price. Sticky carpet, peculiar smell in the room, gum stuck to the floor next to the bed. Linens were fine, but my bath towel was cheap and left lint everywhere.

Sorry - not much good to say here other than a friendly town - E.B. Elliot's was a sufficient dinner (skip the lobster roll). The Imperial Diner was the highlight. Attentive staff and really nice patrons.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

WORSE-ST PLACE I EVER STAY
    • Standard 1 King Bed Room

EVERYTHING - The place is not suppose to operate and provide services in hospitality industry I will also contact Freeport Township to ask how they allow such a place to function and for such a price .

This is a disgrace and I really do not know HOW you can do business with such a place . I need that you credit me 50% of the cost as the place is not in a condition to operate . Please do that right away and stop doing business and advertise such places best Regards, Dan Anghel

Ha won't stay there again.

That fact what you see in the photos isn't what you actually get. The beds were so uncomfortable, for the price I paid I should have went somewhere else. Also finding the lobby was a pain.

What's was there to like.

Bleh

I felt like the pictures depicted a much different perspective than reality and I was thoroughly disappointed upon arrival... However, I can see that they are trying to update their rooms as I saw all the old mattresses and bathroom sinks etc. I wanted to cancel our reservations upon arrival but the fee to do so would have almost been as much as the stay. We were there for our anniversary so I was very upset to say the least. The "great Continental breakfast" as described was literally bagels, cold waffles, or packets of oatmeal, watery coffee and cranberry juice. I wouldn't say great I would say... Free.

The front desk staff was very polite, friendly and accommodating. The rooms themselves were very clean. I'm sure after all the rooms are updated and they don't have debris everywhere it could be quite cute. I mostly enjoyed my stay but I had to get over myself first.

As they say the first impression of property, would be...

Had to take stairs no option, but they were renovating.

As they say the first impression of property, would be something I would not have chosen. The room was upstairs and the stairs needed repair no rooms available on bottom level for persons with a disability. Room was very clean and beds comfortable , outside door to me needed to be more secure to lock during sleeping hours. If I need a place to go again when I visit the family it would be my second choice and I would recommend to others. I am considering that I notice it was being renovated the appearance will be appealing from outside.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Not Happy
    • Standard 1 King Bed Room

The room was fair and the breakfast was meager. The Inn is under construction and if I had known this I would have not booked there. Very unhappy !!

The room was just redone so it was clean, comfortable and...

Under construction, hazardous rusty staircase, missing amenities in room or not working like Wi-Fi, phone etc., no fitted sheet or bed bug protection just in case, no bath mat one day, disinfectant smell incredibly strong, ( we had to keep fan on high entire stay)

The room was just redone so it was clean, comfortable and quiet.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Pleasant stay at a good location
    • Standard 1 King Bed Room

They were doing repairs all around us very nosiey plus the stairs weren't stable leading to the room

On the bay it would had been better if it was in the summer time

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

you get what you pay for

the doors are not secured. a young lay called my room from the from guest aggressively saying I had to leave not checking I am there 2 more days!!! the room was OUTDATED!!!

it was quiet. they did something to the stairs!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Location was great.

Furniture was clean, but old. Night stands were too small. I recommend replacing them with bigger one but not necessarily new - just newer!

Location was great. The evening receptionist was friendly and kind.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Could be a beautiful place if staff put n some elbow grease...Good day

1st RM was very poor.. Shoe marks on walls n Doors...socket plate broke n half...bathrm paint peeling n chip..carpet need attention.. Pillow cases need to b replace.. Hair on cover... Guys when people are spending ther money give them what they pay for...Maybe we need to retrain housekeeping.. Thks

Young lady at the desk was so professional..she handle the situation quick n fast..very understanding..If it wasn't for her I would have left..Didn't get her name...Great job young lady

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

It was horrible don't go there the picture online does not match what's there
    • Standard 1 King Bed Room

Everything, the bed was two twin beds in one. Towels were dirty they use the same towel for everyone that's nasty the sheets were dirty too the pillow weren't comfortable.

Convenient location, subpar room..

A/C wouldn't stay on all night..repair patch over the TV but not painted. No usable outlets in the room for phone charger.

Staff was friendly, convenient location.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

You Get What You Pay For Being in NY
    • Standard 1 King Bed Room

No facilities to make a drink. Breakfast was limited.

Very basic very dated no coffee making facilities. Bedding needing replacement. Walls of the property very thin you can here your neighbours

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Never again

Bar/restaurant in ads was not open Very poor breakfast provided Wifi was sketchy Rate was exorbitant for what provided Took booking cause your ad said one room left and they're wasn't more than 10-15 rooms booked the whole time we were there Felt like we were taken advantage of

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

was fine for a night

check in was 2 pm, & the room was of need of more lights in the bath area.ice machine is in office,& the breakfast was without oj...only till 10 am, but was ok...we had to ask for mor cranberry juice, but it came in a pitcher...no machine like a holliday inn express, but for the area & an overnight stay was fine

location was perfect if you want to have fun @ the nautical mile on Lombardo st.I would recommend ottos aile house...food is good & people r very nice...we sat on the deck outside...boats come & go, very cool...The menue is affordable compaired to the rest.Hotel is ok, & beds r firm...

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Declining fast

The building, rooms, grounds are run down since I stayed there last. The Freeport Inn used to be a nice clean place but no more. Photos that are used on the website are not representative of what you will actually encounter.The room was very run down with broken doors that appeared kicked in,no smoke detector, broken furniture, old bedding etc.The grounds were unkempt with a pile of rusting bed frames directly in front of the hotel,thrown under the stairway to the second floor and gardens full of dead plants and trash.I will never stay there again.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Not an "inn", but def a cheap sleezy motel
    • Standard 1 King Bed Room

Rooms smelled like bug spray, the linens and towels were stained and smelled like baby oil or cooking oil. The floors were wet with some kind of spray that were god awful smell g and floors in bathroom were greasy. Also this was a motel not an inn. One more thing, as i was vacating the property, i saw hookers getting dropped off at numeriys rooms downatairs. I didn't even go back after checking in.

The staff was pleasant.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Nightmare on the water

Everything else, room was a disaster, no water the first day, parking sucks, too close to other vehicles, exposed pile of garbage on the parking lot, flies everywhere. I stayed here bc of the pics on the website which only shows the patio.. Dump of a place

The patio

Ok

The breakfast options. I wasn't expecting anything big but it was in the middle of where you get your room keys and only had cereal the price for one night with no Enemities

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

SEEDY ROACH MOTEL
    • Standard 1 King Bed Room

The room was disgusting. Cracked walls, holes in the walls, cigarette burns on all of the furniture. Outside is falling apart. This is a seedy roach motel at best. The entire place is outdated. They advertise this great patio bar and it was closed for the season bit that didn't change the price of the way over priced room. The pics on the site make it look like a nice place believe me out is not even close. I've never been so disappointed with a place I've booked through booking.com. I can't even believe that they have then on here. Just disgusted. Most overtime seemed to be there for the "short stay". Nothing more to say.

The bed was comfortable. It was near where I needed to be. That's about it.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

I won't come back
    • Standard 1 King Bed Room

Is not a clean place, the deluxe room has a small refrigerator but not even water on it, you need to go and buy it from dispenser machine, if they have party in the patio, the rooms will be quite noisy as well, not good for relax. It was a bad choice.

The advertising pictures has nothing to do with the hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Mediocre at best....

$17 for a burger? Don't eat at their restaurant! We went around the corner to a lovely Dominican place, had the BEST dinner! Nice people! But the hotel? We were only there the one night. It was "ok". But shabby. There were two poorly patched holes in the wall, 1about the size of a softball, the other at the light outlet. No room phone. No alarm clock. Tiny awful shampoos. No toothpaste. Luckily we brought out own. Breakfast was horrible! The hot water for tea was brown! Water and coffee in apparently poorly washed carafes, an assortment of carbs, and I kid you not, Pop Tarts! Really? We went around the corner to an absolutely amazing full-service deli, and the coffee was wonderful, the fresh breakfast sandwich were fantastic, and the wraps we got for lunch, for later, were really nice!

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was decent. Quiet.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Don't be fooled by the rooms pictures
    • Standard 1 King Bed Room

The rooms were old and not the same as the rooms posted online. There were rooms that were being cleaned and I got a look into these rooms and these were the rooms that were showcased and pictured on Booking.com.

The area in which the hotel is located is wonderful and exactly what I was looking for.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Unpleasant Cold Shower

I booked my stay for a wedding I was attending that evening. When I arrived I was told there was no hot water and would probably not have any until that evening. I had just drove almost 3hrs and needed to get ready for the wedding. When I left at 6pm, the hot water was still not working. To make matters worse, I was not offered anything to compensate for this negative experience.

The location and check in time were great for the wedding I was attending that evening.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

The pros out weighed the cons!

The slope down in the bathroom dangerous. The room I was in was next to the storage area so the sounds of the opening and closing of that door was annoying. The bed was not comfortable. No phone on the room to call the front desk. The steps was rusting with holes my heel got caught! The room numbering is confusing. The dresser was falling apart. The fridge was propped up.

The staff! The shower! the TV. The theme was cute. I would suggest it and come back. I liked the hours of breakfast. The room was very clean!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

The hotel's add and photos are misleading. The rooms are nothing like the add looks or says

My husband and I decided we wanted to take a trip to the nautical mile just for fun and to spend the night instead of driving back home.The room carpet was filthy. I reserved a king room deluxe with a balcony. There was no balcony just a walk way and ramp. The bed was comfortable but I cand get over the dirty carpet with dirt and water stains all over it. It needs to be professionally cleaned. There was supposed to be a dining area. All I saw was a little bench like desk for kids and two chairs sitting across from the bed. The refrigerator was sitting on the floor in the bathroom area. The room said it was equipped with ironing equipments.There was none available. Overall the photos that are posted about this hotel are false advertising and misleading. I chose the room and package based on the add and look that was posted. I was so upset with my package deal that I left without getting the free breakfast that was offered and before check out time.

I didn't stay for breakfast The bed was just okay

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Sadly regrettable
    • Standard 1 King Bed Room

When i arrived to check in the carpet through the whole room was wet n even the next morning as if the place was flooded. The restaurant was closed so we have to order out and to make things worst the air barely worked.

The location was good.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Short term ok.

No coffee machine in room but you go to reception to get and it was cold by the time we got it.

Very convenient location for us for our fishing trip in Freeport area. The staff were very helpful and very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Terrible!!!!

Everything.!!! What marina??? The telephone did not work the TV had to be fixed when we checked in and since the phone did not work we had to climb the stairs extra times.

The motel was run down and in disrepair. They had no elevator. We are an older couple and had to drag our luggage up a rusty flight of stairs. The room was run down and shabby.

The town and the women at the front desk was very...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Shower

The town and the women at the front desk was very accommodating!

Comfortable bathroom was really nice

Comfortable bathroom was really nice

Newly renovated room was nice

Renovating outside and equipment was all over parking lot

Newly renovated room was nice

The shower was awesome (except for not the same thing)

The shower curtain was really short, as if it belonged to a standup shower.

The shower was awesome (except for not the same thing)

Never again

Staff was given a dirty room when there was clean rooms available

Interesting decor, didn't have the standard motel style.
    • Superior King Room

Strange room layout, small w. bedroom oversized bath.

Interesting decor, didn't have the standard motel style.

very clean

nothjng

very clean

Room was very nice ,loved the shower

Room was very nice ,loved the shower

Nice rooms

It’s too loud outside & the curtains barely closed

Nice rooms

Nice

Nice

No what I expected to pay 150 dollars for, the room didn’t look close to what the picture where show

No mirror, gum on top of bed frame and they floors to the bathroom super slippery I almost fell twice as well as my girlfriend

Don't recommend.

Too much noise, could not rest. Not so clean.

Pleasant

Noise

Staff

Overnight stay was not comfortable tomuch noise liquor bottle and dirt by door

Same

Noisy very dirty on outside

Wasn’t happy bc noisy workers woke me up very early in the morning

Noisy in morning