Reviews of The Georgian Terrace 4 stars

659 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA

#27 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

Great weekend getaway.
    • Premier One-Bedroom Suite

We had a little traffic noise but other than that, I loved everything.

I enjoyed the location. The rooms were very well appointed. The Restaraunt was great.

we had a great time
    • Premier One-Bedroom Suite

our room temp was unusually warm the first night but it was worked on the next morning and corrected, we also had water standing in the living room floor that apparently was coming from the ac condensor unit. I'm not sure about booking through Booking.com in the future, as I made my reservations I thought I was booking directly with the Hotel.

absolitely for both

Once you've had the best you forget the rest! We'll be back to the Georgian Terrace!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Everything about the Georgian Terrace was bright and clean and inviting. From the moment you step into the beautiful lobby you know you're not in a typical hotel. The skylit silo over head tells you this place is different. The elevators were fast and efficient taking us up to our floor and even better going up to the magnificent view on the Penthouse floor with the rooftop pool! The pool was clean and refreshing, and the view was truly magnificent! The dining room was beautiful, the staff were friendly and chatty and the buffet breakfast a '10'! The downstairs pub was the best of any hotel we've visited! It was inviting and rustic as a pub should be and the staff were friendly and clearly pro's at mixology! We enjoyed watching them make a batch of their signature drink and look forward to another visit with time to try it out! Loved this place--we'll be back!

Mediocre
    • Premier Luxury Room with Two Double Beds

Was not at all what I expected I was thinking the Georgian Terrace was like Ritz or Saint Regis it was like a bad holiday inn even though it seemed that the renovation was relatively recent the staff was fine but the whole experience was disappointing because I was expecting luxury not mediocrity

I enjoyed my stay at The Georgian Terrace
    • Premier Luxury Room with Two Double Beds

I enjoyed the fact that there was a coffee shop, restaurant, and pub style bar all within the property. The rooftop pool was also nice. The location was also very close to everything.

Great o
    • One-Bedroom Suite

No milk in room for tea or no kettle to make tea. Hotel unable to provide milk suggested buying from a grocery shop which for an overnight stop unrealistic. Pool on roof appeared dirty.

Hotel history tour. Location good comfortable bed good size room.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

beautiful and perfect close to mid/downtown priceworthy hotel in Atlanta
    • One-Bedroom Suite

the furniture partially a Little worn out, quite bubbly veneer on the working table, seems, a lot of humid stuff was placed there over the years. might use a replacement sometime soon. but that was a minor issue compared to how much I like that place.

have been here 5 years ago, will be there again as soon as opportunity arises! Beautiful old hotel building, one of the older and mapped buildings of Atlanta. Nice and spacious rooms, really good deals sometimes even when booking rather short notice. Breakfast made to order, highly attentive and nice and friendly staff, wifi working super well, spectacular views onto the city from higher floors.... wow.and all major mid- and downtown places in walking distance. Thanks again.

Easy checkin.
    • Petite Standard Room

The room was noisy due to the air-conditioning machinery being nearby. The extractor fan in the bathroom sounded like a small car engine running - very loud

Easy checkin. Clean. Well equipped gym.

nothing!

There was so much history in the hotel. they gave us a tour which added a special dimension from fabulous concierge. the rooftop pool was wonderful with great views. the room was updated and so comfortable. we could not have been happier. great location too.

Georgian Terrace
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I think if you are paying to stay at a hotel , parking should be part of that. Expect $25 dollars a day

I can’t believe how nice and big the room was! We had a huge living room, dining area, nice bath, bedroom with two closets , and a kitchen that was in its own separate room. The pool was on top of the hotel. Very gorgeous

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Lovely Georgian Terrace Hotel
    • Premier Luxury Room with Two Double Beds

--First room we were assigned was like a sauna, the AC wasn't working, and nearly 80 degrees inside. Engineering responded quickly and "reset it, and left quickly. AC still didn't work. About an hour after checking in, we were moved to a different room with working & cold AC! --The room didn't have a refrigerator. --The pool towels were completely out both times we used the pool.

Rooftop pool. Comfortable beds. Nice walk in closet space. Fast elevators. Beautiful nighttime views from penthouse floor!

Better Places in ATL
    • Premier Luxury Room with Two Double Beds

It took them 2 hours to deliver a towel to our room, even though we’d requested the precious evening. Two requests for a towel is ridiculous! Additionally, we paid extra for a suite that had 2 forks stocked in the kitchen. We paid for more and expected more. We should have just stuck with a bedroom with 2 queen beds. Disappointing stay!

The location of this property is fantastic! It’s right across the street from the Fox Theatre and located in a fabulous part of ATL.

In love with Georgian Terrace.

n/a

Absolutely beautiful establishment, my daughters and I were amazed at the service and the friendliness of the staff. It was a wonderful experience. We are already making plans to come back!

the hotel common areas were beautiful
    • Petite Standard Room

the furniture in my room was damaged, water marks, nicks, looked cheap, missing chair- the water flow in the shower was very low. the furniture in the dining room was poor, the table wobbled so badly my coffee kept spilling. pool closed too early, bar in the pub stopped serving food at 11, even though stayed open till 2

the hotel common areas were beautiful

Two night stopover in Atlanta.
    • Premier Luxury Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom door creaked really badly. Keycards and keycard readers were very temperamental. Tv channels not always available.

Always like a free upgrade! Coffee shop attached was very good. Rooms very spacious.

Very nice place to stay if you can find a good price deal somewhere
    • Petite Standard Room

Aircon didn't work properly. Neither when we asked for repair.

Rooms are very comfortable. Nice view. Nice rooftop pool to cool down after a hot day, open till late.

Loved the pool, gym equipment, beds and pillows, I also...
    • Premier Luxury Room with Two Double Beds

The gym was very hot. It’s understandable with the windows, but some fans would be really nice. I also had one mis matched hard pillow.

Loved the pool, gym equipment, beds and pillows, I also loved the smell of the hotel.

Everything is clean.
    • Petite Standard Room

The weed smokers leaving strong odors in the corridor. Depleasant experience when you pay that price.

Everything is clean. Great location and equipment.

Takes forever to get hot water to your faucet.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Takes forever to get hot water to your faucet. Elevators are slow and complicated. Was harassed by crackheads every time I went outside to smoke. Not enough toiletries and soap.

Have stayed here several times before and enjoyed our stay this time disappointed
    • Petite Standard Room

Chose petite room did not realize it had a full size bed too small for two people Room on 15 floor and elevators EXTREMELY slow!!!!

Convenient to Fox Theatre

Not what it could have been with a little customer care
    • Premier One-Bedroom Suite

Leak in refridg and under floor in kitchen . Management did nothing other than move room and take half our day due to issues . Not friendly about this

Hotel was beautiful

The location was perfect and the service was very good.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

While the room was clean, it was just serviceable. There was the one sofa and desk chair. The bathroom counter space was barely large enough to hold our toiletries. We suspect that because we did not book directly with the hotel, we were assigned a less desirable room on a lower floor on the front of the hotel making us vulnerable to all street noises.

Friendly greeters and staff throughout the hotel.

We LOVED our stay at the Georgian.
    • Premier One-Bedroom Suite

We LOVED our stay at the Georgian. My husband and I live a few hours away and so we treated ourself to a night at the hotel and a show at the Fox theater. We were able to walk across the street to see Hamilton and the next morning we grabbed a delicious coffee at Thousand Hills Coffee Roaster nearby, walked around town, and went to Piedmont Park with our dog. The Georgian is a small-dog friendly hotel, for a fee. (The fee has recently gone up to 150 a night, which is more than what we were expecting. So pet owners, be aware!)

BEAUTIFUL hotel, terrific restaurant on-site, accommodating...
    • Petite Standard Room

BEAUTIFUL hotel, terrific restaurant on-site, accommodating staff. We went to the Fox stayed the weekend . Once parked we never needed our car again! Spectacular gym!

Overall my daughter and I had a great time.
    • Petite Standard Room

I didn’t like the size of the room, the bed was a lot smaller than I anticipated (looked like a twin size). The pub was disappointing- the wings were chewy, the Caesar salad was iceberg lettuce and they gave us our pretzel without the cheese because the cheese wasn’t ready yet (we went right when they opened). We would rather have waited to get the pretzel and cheese together, not separate because the pretzel alone was very dry. The French bread pizza was delicious though. Our waitress only checked on us one time.

The hotel was very clean and beautiful

will stay here again when attending event at the Fox
    • Premier Luxury Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom could have been updated/cleaner - stains on floor/tile and cracks

Great location - attending a concert at Fox across the street - very nice

Premium location and accommodations
    • Premier Luxury Room with Two Double Beds

There was a sewer gas smell in the first room we were given, but the staff moved us to a comparable room. They also upgraded us to a suite because they had overbooked their double queen rooms. The suite was wonderful!

A taste of history in a great location made for a good quick stay.
    • Petite Standard Room

The shower door didn't close properly; not a real problem, but I hope I didn't leave the floor all wet.

Great location, room was clean and pleasant, the building was impressive.

We had an absolute fantastic time thank you very much to the hotel and its staff.
    • Premier One-Bedroom Suite

No bath tubs the ladies need those for their bath bombs . No hotel shuttle service.

Room service breakfast was absolutely fantastic. Customer service was absolutely fantastic we left for 2 hours asked them to clean our room we came back it look great.

Our stay was nice and served it purpose for us
    • Premier One-Bedroom Suite

Could have been a little cleaner and didn't have pool towels clean and ready when we went up to the pool area. Would have loved to see better service by the pool.

The room was nice and breakfast was very good. Friendly staff!

Stayed there before and liked it, despite everything.
    • Petite Standard Room

The bar closes at 10.30pm weekdays. Quality price ratio: too expensive.

The restaurant staff were very friendly. The overall atmosphere just beautiful. Trevor, the concierge very helpful.

Definitely Recommend This Hotel
    • Petite Standard Room

The bathroom was small, but I think I got a budget-friendly room, so that's the trade-off.

Beautiful historical hotel in a prime location. The staff was very professional, yet friendly. I had the tap root salad for lunch in the hotel restaurant, and it was delicious!

Great staycation right across the street from The Fox!
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

The only two things I would change is one bedroom ha a queen bed and the other had a full. Two adults in a full bed was slightly uncomfortable. The kitchen could be updated. It didn't match the updated room at all.

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite. The views were beautiful. The rooms were comfy. The room service was DELICIOUS!

Had a excellent time; will stay there again

A little pricey

The check in was quick and ran smoothly; didn't have to stop at the desk to check out; staff was very friendly; loved the outdoor bar/restaurant (very cozy and romantic). I had issues with my tv. They sent a repairman within 5 minutes. After dealing with the issue for about an hour they moved us to another room.

I will never go back, very bad experience
    • Petite Standard Room

Very bad experience. They have the cooling system beside the rooms, and at night make a noise that is impossible to sleep. Then they tell you that is like this they cant do anything about. Then the garbage of the room service it can be at the hall during the whole day, no one pick up from afternoon to the next morning. It is not 4 star hotel at all

The building is nice.

Bed was nice.
    • Petite Standard Room

For $302 for one night I did expect room to have small refrigerator. I was not the only guest in search of an ice machine. Needs better cuisine options after 11 pm (room service), etc.

Bed was nice.

The location of this hotel is perfect when going to the Fox...
    • Petite Standard Room

The location of this hotel is perfect when going to the Fox Theater for a performance. It is a beautiful, historic hotel. The are plenty of places to find something to eat and drink.

Overall, pleasant.
    • Premier Luxury Room with Two Double Beds

The shower door leaked, creating a sizable puddle on the bathroom floor, and we were woken up hours before checkout by the cleaning crew who tried to get in our room (we went to a concert the night before and therefore went to bed rather late and were not awake at 9 am when they tried to enter the room to clean).

The room was lovely, the front desk staff were very helpful, the breakfast was delicious and the convenience of the partnership between the Fox and the Georgian was very nice.

Excellent!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The suite was amazingly spacious! Dinner at Livingston was fantastic. Room service breakfast was delivered within 20 minutes and was delicious. Hotel location is convenient to many sites in Atlanta.

Location!
    • Premier Luxury King Room

Quality of dinner. I had the braised short rib. Edible but nothing to write home about. I make it better at home. Brussel sprouts and potatoes were meh Wine prices way overpriced. The bathroom could use some work. Grout could be cleaner. Repair?on the bottom of shower door not cleanly done.

Location to the Fox

Ok. Could have been cleaner.
    • Premier One-Bedroom Suite

Not very clean. Some light switches were dirty. "Hardwood" floor was"sticky". Bathroom shower tile was dirty as well as the tile floor. No plateware or glasses in kitchen. If it weren't for its location, we would stay somewhere else.

Room view. Location.

Would not return or recommend
    • Petite Standard Room

Shower didn’t work. Very loud— the room above mine sounded like it was raining bowing balls all night and morning long. I checked out early. Not a good experience

Didn't stay in the hotel the night, room had a bad smell.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Didn't stay in the hotel the night, room had a bad smell... mentioned to staff prior to leaving, no response, took my keys and went onto call room service to get the room ready for the next guest.

Enjoyed our stay, in Atlanta for concert, Staff was helpful.
    • Premier One-Bedroom Suite

Very slow elevators, not enough to handle the wedding parties, proms and guests. Room service did not pick up our breakfast order on the door, we had to call that morning.

Large rooms, location

The location is convenient,the rooms were spotless and the...
    • Premier One-Bedroom Suite

The elevators run a little slow and there needs to be more of them.

The location is convenient,the rooms were spotless and the staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating.

A hotel with character reasonably well located in Midtown.
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

No crockery or cutlery in the kitchen. Cleaning standards only moderately good. Pool on rooftop sounded appealing but lack of changing facilities nearby and long search for towels subtracted from our enjoyment of it. Friendliness / helpfulness if staff somewhat variable.

A hotel with character reasonably well located in Midtown.

Perfect spot after catching a show at The Fox Theater.
    • Premier Luxury King Room

Our room had a very strong cigarette smoke smell. It was awful. Asked for a new room, and they quickly took care of that for us.

Very comfortable bed. Nice big room.

My stay was amazing! I love all of the Valet staff! Super nice gentlemen!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Only 2 elevators so during peaks times it took longer. But the stairs are super clean and easy to locate.

The room was spectacular, Full Kitchen and washer&dryer. Staff was super attentive and pleasant.

Disappointed
    • Premier Luxury Room with Two Double Beds

Not worth my money. Over rated and quality of a suite status was not at all up to national standards

The suite was just a room with two double beds. Not worth $364. Per night at all.

Many issues with Hotel but the restaurant and bartender were good
    • Petite Standard Room

The room door had such a wide gap all the way around that light and noise streamed in all night. There were no blackout curtains. The elevator broke and the stairs were filthy. The room was tiny, tiny and the price for dinner he room was more than st the Intercontinental. The bed was a bit uncomfortable

The staff was nice and the restaurant and bartender was very good

The best home away from home!
    • Premier Luxury Room with Two Double Beds

I felt like I was the only person staying there. I felt very appreciated and all the attention was on me. The staff were very attentive and ver nice. When I called the front desk for anything, it was taking care of immediately.

Eh.
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

No business center. Limited menu in room service and limited option in hotel restaurant

The room was spacious, but the kitchen was subpar- it was nit well maintained and very dated compraed to the rest of the very modern unit assigned to us.

Good but nothing exceptional
    • Petite Standard Room

Service quite slow and not very attentive. They forgot to make my room one day. First room that gave me was very noisy. Then they replaced it with a much smaller room.

Excellent service, location and presentation.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Valet Parking was very crowded and slow to get car during peak occupancy. I found it better to self park.

Receptionists were very friendly and helpful. Restaurant was excellent. Room was very clean and quiet. Proximity to Fox Theatre was very convenient.

The room was nice.
    • Premier One-Bedroom Suite

The individual that brought us our room service went on and on about how he was living on the street a few years ago and now owned expensive jewelry. Happy to hear his life turned around but didn't understand the point of showing off his "expensive" ring.

The room was nice. There was even a small kitchen in the room that could be closed off from the rest of the room. When we first arrived we were informed that our room faces the Fox Theater and that there was a show going on that night. The took the time to inform us that there could be increased street noise after the show was over and even offered to move us to a different room. It says a lot about their customer service if they are willing to go above and beyond.

Excellent Weekend getaway.
    • Premier Luxury King Room

Livingston's was a great place to have dinner. The food was excellent. We were attending a show at the Fox and were able to just walk across the street. The room was excellent and so were the staff. Would recommend it to anyone.

Our stay there was very nice.
    • Premier One-Bedroom Suite

I was especially disappointed in the location of our room. When booking I asked for a special or nice view because this was a Christmas gift for my husband to attend a concert across the street and stay in the Georgian. Our room overlooked a brick wall. 😔 Also I found that the TVs were extremely dusty. I did not need a massive hotel room. Which it was. I guess that was the reason for the high dollar.

We attended a concert across the street at the Fox Theater. It was amazing just to be able to walk out of the Fox theater cross the street and go into our hotel. The hotel lobby and ambience was absolutely amazing. We loved it.

In all, the Hotel is great place to stay!!!
    • Premier One-Bedroom Suite

We were on the second floor and with us being there for business, we would have early mornings and would go to bed early. The disappointing part of the Hotel for us was the onsite parties. The music was extremely loud and bouncing off of our bedroom walls. This caused us to have restless nights as the noise kept us up. The 2nd thing that was disappointing for us was the bed. The bed is roomy, but uncomfortable and entirely too close to the floor.

The staff was amazing!!! All the way to the valet parking. We were able to check in early, which is a plus for us... The property is in the perfect location across from the Fox theater and restaurants within walking distance. There is also a Publix and a Wal-greens. Depending n the room, there's a kitchen with a stove and refrigerator in it.

This hotel was overpriced and disappointing.
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

We had a room for 4 people, we had only two towels...the shower door crept open while in shower wouldn't stay closed , and the conditioner in the shower didn't work, the dryer would shut off due to overheating (didn't take long), the tv is the guest bedroom didn't work, the welcome book, the pages were torn out and not in any order, two water bottles for 4 people...I am not one to complain, I usually take my lumps and keep going, however 400.00 was WAY TOO OVERPRICED for this experience, I saved up to have this one night experience and was very disappointed. PS, we were also stuck in the elevator for about twenty minutes....they did offer a 15.00 credit towards breakfast.

The bed and pillows were amazing. The building is stunning!

Convenient, comfortable and fun time
    • Premier Luxury Room with Two Double Beds

The restaurant selection nearby was not so good. Ifbthe weather was warmer we would have walked further for a better restaurant

The staff was very friendly and courteous. I recommend valet parking for the extra $5. The rooms nice and spacious with very comfortable beds. Had a great time at the fox theatre for a show and no hassle after driving home.

Terrible
    • Premier Luxury Room with Two Double Beds

On check in was greeted by dog poo at the front desk. Got to our room, wasn't that clean and no towels. We had driven 8 hours and all 4 of us need and want a shower. Issues with laundry don't have towels yet. So off out for diner, smelling not great. Return to hotel 7.35pm. No towels in room, call to request gain, really quite rude but towels then sent to the room. On check was asked about the stay explained. Got a sorry. Well if that was my hotel the guest would have been refunded. Overall not a great experience.

The location.

I can't wait to stay here again soon!
    • Premier Luxury King Room

This place was phenomenal! The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. They even gave us a free upgrade to a suite on the top floor when we mentioned it was our anniversary. The location couldn't be any better. It is right in the middle of Midtown and is walking distance to a lot of interesting bars and restaurants. I will definitely be returning here for my next trip to Atlanta.

Overall we enjoyed our experience and will be back as we continue to enjoy shows across the street.
    • Premier One-Bedroom Suite

The elevator from the gym up to the pool smelled HORRIBLE. I had to cover my nose and limit breathing. I hope this is addressed quickly. The couch could be a little more comfortable.

We ordered room service and were very pleased with the quality of the food and the value. The size of the bathroom was great and I loved the tile floor!

so many restaurants within walking distance.
    • Premier Luxury Room with Two Double Beds

so many restaurants within walking distance. Ease to get in and out of. Great staff. My grandson and I were there for The Lion King at The Fox. Had room service for breakfast. Was tasty and hot. Beds were comfy.

Fair
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

Kitchen appliances were so old and broken. No kitchenware like plates, glasses, silverware was available in kitchen.

Beds, staff and location were great

Was overall dissatisfied and will go back to Indigo Hotel for future events.
    • Premier One-Bedroom Suite

Entry into the room was buckled and water damaged. Lotion in bathroom was used and half full. Ice machine in vending area wasn't working. Called down to front to have car brought around on checkout and was told I had to come down and present ticket.

Bed was comfortable and the location was perfect for our event at the Fox.

Better than expected.
    • Premier One-Bedroom Suite

(1) I removed my comments 1-4 and redirected them to the hotel as they are room specific and need not be included in a general review. (2) The recommended length of 200 characters for the input field to this questions is inappropriately small. There should be no limitations on free form data input.

Really surprised to find a full kitchenette, and washer & Dryer. Nice touches.

Merry some good people. Not great but good
    • Premier Luxury Room with Two Double Beds

Cost high - for services and had to still pay $25.00 per night to park. That's ridiculous. Should be included at room high rate.

Bed comfortable -breakfast good -staff friendly

Great location, could use some more attention to detail.
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

There is still trash in the kitchen from the previous guests. Every time we tried to call downstairs for the concierge, room service, Etc we had to call several times to get an answer.

Amazing location and apartment-like set up. Extremely friendly staff.

Outstanding or in more modern terms, AWESOME!
    • Premier Luxury Room with Two Double Beds

Absolutely nothing we did not like.

We were upgraded at no extra cost! We did not ask for it and were pleasantly surprised. We were not able to dine at the Livingston due to not knowing we needed reservations, but will do next visit.

The hotel tried to screw me over on our hotel room
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

The hotel said they overbooked the rooms that I had prepaid for 2 months in advance even after I called multiple times to make sure everything was okay, then tried to give me complementary breakfast to make up for the drastic change in room size which was completely unacceptable. They did make up for by giving me a second room to help accommodate space, however i took a fight to get. I would rate the overall experience as 2 out of 5.

I liked location.
    • Petite Standard Room

The front entrance was congested. The bell boy's and valet attendee's were not helpful nor attempted to direct me on checking-in or parking.

I liked location. The hotel is an iconic hotel right across from the Fox Theatre.

Magical and wonderful memories!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I paid with cash but the money was still deducted from my account. If I knew that in advance I would have just paid by card instead of 279.00 then my account being hit again for 319.00. I understand this will go back into my account but runs me tight for several days.

The location for events at the Fox are fabulous...the room was good for the price and the food was incredible!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Very clean and friendly.
    • Premier Luxury King Room

the recent painting of the hotels doors was done very poorly. Did not influence my stay at all but a place this nice should not have had white paint all over the black door liner.

Very clean and friendly. We loved it. Movie was being filmed during our stay so Star watching was a treat!

Won’t go back. Disappointing.
    • Petite Standard Room

Bed too bouncy. A/C went out. Had to be moved. No upgrade. First room could see out to hall do to door misaligned. Parking is horrible. Gate to pay hardly worked properly. Waited for staff to get out. Door handles in room filthy and sticky. Sheets torn and stained. This was my second stay. Won’t go back. Limited menus. Street noise is loud.

Browse The Georgian Terrace traveller photo gallery