Reviews of The Georgian Hotel 4 stars

1415 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, Los Angeles, CA 90401, USA

#81 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

• Queen Room with Ocean View

The staff are friendly and helpful, the room was perfect and the location was spot on. I loved the iconic Art Deco design of the hotel and the old photos of Santa Monica on display. Breakfasts on the terrace, looking out over Ocean Drive and the Pier were a real highlight. The valet parking made life really easy... the only shame was that the bar closed at ten... but the mini bar certainly took up the slack and there are plenty of fantastic bars around plus some really good shopping and street entertainers in the streets behind the hotel. Would definitely go back! In fact I can't wait!

• Standard Queen Room

Everything, should have stayed at the hotel next door or any at all would be better then this one tbh

Worst customer service by any hotel I've ever been to by far

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The room was very large since we had a suite. This was the perfect location and the small boutique feel was fantastic. Service was incredible. Would definitely say here again.

• Standard Queen Room

No negatives really, although there was some construction of sorts happening out back which addes some noise at times

Great Location, neat renovation, clean

• Queen Room with Ocean View

Nothing, everything was perfect!

Everything was so perfect! Since the arrival, check-in and valet service. The room is super comfortable, an outstanding view of Santa Monica beach and pier and the bed was just impossible to resist. Everything is close by and it has a great sort of restaurants in an walking distance. There is a restaurant which has good options of meals and breakfast.

• King Suite with Ocean View

Our only complaint is that it was very hard to get service at the bar or tables multiple times. They seemed understaffed during our stay. Also we wanted to charge things to the room and the overly stressed bartender hadn't heard us and brought us a bill. It was frustrating.

The room was stunning. We stayed in a suite. It was such a dream room. Large bathroom, views of the ocean, you could even watch the sunset from bed. The living room and bedroom were separated by double doors. It was dreamy. We really loved our stay. The staff was very pleasant. Overall it was wonderful. If you can splurge for the suite it's worth it. The room even arranged strawberries and champagne for our anniversary.

• King Suite with Ocean View

Lighting in bathroom could of been brighter. Need more electical plugs or charging station at bedside.

Bed super comfy, loved the ceiling fans and ocean view and breeze.

• Standard Queen Room

We liked everything but we do feel as if heated towel rails would be great ... so we can reuse the towels and for a long stay like ours ... dry some washing .

As soon as we entered The Georgian we were welcomed by everyone! Check in was simple and all our questions re the location were answered! The service in the rooms daily was more than excellent . The staff were happy to help when we needed help. The Hotel menu is great! The beds are also extremely comfortable and the rooms have aircon, heating and fans . The building itself is lovely ... authentic !

• Standard Queen Room

Ugly and dated furnishing of rooms, nickel-and-diming charges.

Cute older building in prime location, on the seafront and near all shopping. The lobby and public areas have been given a spiffy renovation.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The only thing that could have been better was the reception. There were no reception desk, only two very small desks. The welcoming needs to improve. Other hotels on our roadtrip in California gave us a nice and professional welcome with practical information such as maps, where to eat, what to visit etc.

A beautiful hotel perfect located on Ocean Avenue close to Santa Monica Pier. Spacious, clean and comfortable rooms. The beds were huge and very comfortable. We did not have dinner in the restaurant, but we had delicious breakfast and drinks. There is a beautiful view from the restaurant veranda. The valet parking was efficient.

• King Suite with Ocean View

Perfect location. Our king suite was huge and had a beautiful ocean view. This hotel is a charming, historical treasure. My favorite part of our stay was having our meals on the covered patio out front. You can enjoy the ocean view and do lots of people watching. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• King Suite with Ocean View

Extra bed was not prepared at our arrival date. Also there was a big problem with a payment- morning receptionist made a mistake and freeze double amount of money in our credit card without any suggestions what caused a lot of troubles for us in our vacation. Explanation: sorry, mistake here. Be aware!!!! Moreover, we were ordered breakfast for 4 persons, when we arrived got coupons only for 2 persons. We were told that this is not this hotel problem as booking.com made a mistake and need to solve this problem only with them. Despite the fact that we got one extra coupon for free, still one night 4 people were left without breakfast even though we paid for that. Overall- nice hotel but too much BIG PROBLEMS!!!!!!!

I like the exterior and spirit of this hotel including it's old elevator. We had a suite in one of upper floors with a nice ocean view. Comfy beds, nice room service.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Checking in was sketchy. We were not given our breakfast voucher. But early checkin was provided and much appreciated.

The suite was lovely. Can hear noise from corridor, room next door and laneway during night. The location was great with outlook over beach. Breakfast was nice.

• Standard Queen Room

Staff friendly and helpful. Excellent breakfast with option of eating on outside veranda. A sense of the world passing by...buzzy mix of locals, tourists, business colleagues. Relaxed atmosphere in a beautiful central location.

The food wasn’t great.

Beautiful Art Deco hotel at the beach in Santa Monica. Clean updated rooms and friendly helpful staff. The decor is beautiful and the hotel retains its old charm. Lovely dining area with view of the ocean.

• King Suite with Ocean View

The main restaurant was closed for renovations and I wished it had a pool

We had a beautiful suite with stunning beachfront views. Nice way to end our holiday.

Everything was perfect.

A beautiful little hotel, quite old but still so lovely. Excellent location close to the pier, restaurants, etc. The staff were amazing! So friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great. This is a perfect hotel for couples. We stayed for our honeymoon and loved it.

• Standard Queen Room

because it's Art Deco it's old. But it obviously has to be as it is that kind of architecture. Don't think this is realy a bad thing. Just keep in mind that it won't be today's standard.

it's a lovely Art Deco style hotel

• Queen Room with Ocean View

The hotel staff refused an amazon delivery on our name. They claimed they did not recognise the name although this was clearly stated in our reservation. On the day of departure we had to catch an early flight; there was no hot water.

The location and the view from our room.

• Standard Queen Room

I've stayed here before and its a great boutique hotel. In addition, in January they are suppossed to reopen the "SpeakEasy" downstairs. This could be really cool as this hotel had a real speak esy when it forst opened complete with hidden doors etc. I can't wait ot see it. Theyhve been saying they were going to open it for years- this time they said they are almost done and I could see in fact that they were working on it.

• King Suite with Ocean View

The hotel was perfect, booking.com needs some work!

Lately Im having problems within.booking.com. I use your website all the time but lately even though I've chosen to pay at the hotel and have the confirmation the hotels, like this one received notice from you that it is paining advance. I made reservations for 4mof us and 2 were canceled. I tried to fix it but you said the hotel was sold out. So I called the hotel and they fixed it when you couldn't. In other words .i booked directyl with them. On my last trip I called your customer service and got two different stories about leaving early and had to do a conference call with the hotel on the line. Booking.com has lately been Very disappointing

• Standard Queen Room

The rooms could have better lighting. Also, the breakfast area is lovely and it's certainly nice to linger and enjoy a leisurely breakfast, but for those in a hurry why couldn't they just have a pot of coffee and some rolls for self-service? Right now it's a mandatory a la carte serviced breakfast, and because they are short-staffed, you have to wait 45 minutes even if you just want a cup of coffee.

The great location and the old-world charm of the hotel. Must say, however, that charm has considerably dwindled compared to before. The bathroom amenities now come in dispensers instead of individual bottles,, the towels are not folded into sea-shell shapes, the front desk looks like an airport luggage drop now. etc. Please don't let it slide down further.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breaksfast. According to Booking breakfast was included. At first they didn't acknowledged that but I pointed it out they gave me a card. It was a la carte but if you wanted milk with your coffee then you had to pay.

The bed was really comfortable. The bathroom was really nice and equipped. Location was good. I asked for ice and they sent someone to the room and I also asked for a minifridge and they sent one as well free of charge.

• King Suite with Ocean View

The Hotel Parking, is Valet only parking, and charged at $38 per day plus taxes and then tips to the valet everytime you drop or pick up the car so over $50 per day for parking is a bit expensive. 3 nights $150 :(

The staff were very friendly, the room was really nice and the nightly turn down service is great, overall the hotel is really nice to stay in. It is an ideal hotel to stay in if you wan to see the real Santa Monica.

• King Suite with Ocean View

Comfy beds, rooms are well appointed and have character, and VERY clean. Staff are lovely and the restaurant is wonderful! Top this with the location... lovely, an absolute favorite.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The charm for my two previous stays was that it was on “old”hotel. Old not as in dingy, but old as in an antique constructed in the early 1930’s and it was furnished and decorated like the old days. If I wanted a modern hotel I would have checked into a modern hotel. It was recently renovated to have to original, period charm removed. The once stunning elevator with its beautiful wood and brass was covered up with some Wall Mart looking grey board of some type. Very ugly and with zero taste. The front room has the same unimaginative treatment. You might as well check in at Holiday Inn. I was very disappointed in the decor. As always the staff was first rate. I will mention I made my reservation 4-5 weeks in advance and had asked for a room with an ocean view. Upon my arrival on a Wednesday afternoon we were given a room facing the alley and garbage bins on the East side. I told them I was going to look for other accommodations and the gave me the best room in the hotel for the last two nights of our three night stay. That wan an unpleasant episode I could have done without. There was a blueray player in the room and I wanted to play a cd on it, but it wasn’t hooked up. I called the desk and they must have send someone to the store to purchase and HDMI cable, because 45 minutes a very friendly maintenance person came and hooked up the unit so I could listen to music. The effort was appreciated, but these are the kind of details that should already be looked after before guests arrrive. It seems the staff if top notch, but the management and/or ownership has changed and it hasn’t been an entirely positive change.

The valet, bell staff and maid service is excellent. The proximity to restaurants, the beach and shopping is great.

• King Suite with Ocean View

The housekeeping lady knocked on the door kind of odd times. One evening 8.30 pm to ask if I wanted ice and some chocolate. Then one morning 8.00 am, to clean I don't know... She closed the door again when she heard my TV was on.

The location was great and I had a big room with ocean view. The staff was also very friendly. LOVED the burger at the hotel's restaurant The Veranda!

• King Suite with Ocean View

As it's an older property there isn't much in the way of parking - only the valet.

We had a room which was quiet with a great view of the ocean and pier. Foord from the retaurant was great!

• Queen Room with Ocean View

Everything was great apart from the hotels admin side. Firstly we arrived in the middle of celebration which involved the road being closed therefore we couldn't get to the hotel via the main road. I had to phone the hotel and ask how I was to get there. Surely the management should have been aware of this disruption and at the very least emailed those that were due to book in that afternoon. Secondly when I checked my credit card balance whilst there I discovered that the hotel had taken the full amount of our two night stay as a holding deposit and when I queried this I was told it was hotel policy. So be aware if you are on a limited credit card budget as these holding deposits effect your balance. Minor points I know, but mildly irritating nevertheless.

Location was good, staff were very friendly, food was good and rooms were very comfortable.

I had reserved two rooms: a king suite and a queen. When I arrived, the staff told me that one of my rooms had been canceled by Booking.com. The staff member proceeded to put me in the queen but charged me the price of the King Suite. He found a room for my companions in another, much less impressive hotel. I am not sure if Booking.com did indeed drop the reservation or if the desk clerk was not being truthful.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room was right next to the elevator that is old and loud. It did not make for a good nights sleep.

They were friendly and the room was clean with comfortable beds.

• Standard Queen Room

Service in the restaurant at breakfast was not as good as service within the rest of the hotel (our coffee wasn't as hot as hoped, staff didn't bring the sugar with the coffee & had to ask twice, we did not get brought the jams/jellies with our toast)

Excellent position within Santa Monica, room was well presented, nice hotel

No negatives

One of the best locations to walk to shops, beach and the iconic pier. Couldn't fault the room, service and peaceful surrounds. Yes it's expensive but so are most of the accommodation that provide the same standard. Breakfast, an afternoon wine or dinner on the hotel veranda was great. Bobby makes a great cocktail and conversation at the bar. Would definately stay there again. It's old world and that's the attraction.

• Standard Queen Room

Room needs updating, carpets weren't even fitted properly and very expensive for what you got. Most staff not very friendly and scared to touch anything in the room in case you got charged.

Room was clean, great bed and brilliant lication

• Standard Queen Room

The price is to high for what you get , payable water in the room ? common guys i stayed in the middle of the sierra with rbnb and they gave me free water ! This should be a basic for a 4 stars . The sound isolation was not good .

Good location .

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It took a long while for breakfast to be served and the one of the two lifts was out of operation for most of our stay which was inconvenient.

The location was perfect, staff were really friendly and helpful. The beach was an easy walk away as well as the pier. Will definitely plan a return visit!

• King Suite with Ocean View

Though almost everything about the hotel is good, we still feel so unhappy with them. At the first time, the male staff came into our room with his own key while we were naked. And he saw our body and left without a sorry. And after about one hour, a female staff came into our room again with her own key while we were sleeping on the bed. And during the whole stay at the hotel, they don't even give us an explanation. My trip in US is too short so I don't want to accuse them to the court and make myself get into troubles. Anyway, this is my first time writing review for a hotel because it really sucks and I want other people to know that. Be careful the staff in the hotel. And the service is really bad. I would call 911 if I have enough time in US. For the hotel, you can check your monitoring camera to see if I said true. My room was 604. The period they came into our room is during 3pm - 7pm.

The room is well designed with ocean view

• Queen Room with Ocean View

Apple pie had thin filling & soft pastry.

Great location for shops & restaurants, especially enjoyed walking around & along the beach. Storage of golf gear very convenient. Only had dessert at restaurant, lime cheesecake delicious.

• Standard Queen Room

My only real complaint would be the television connection which I fixed myself. Maybe a little noisy outside the room.

The excellent staff, great location.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Staff and the hotel were fantastic! We particularly enjoyed the restaurant veranda so close to the beach with great views and ambiance. Excellent location for access to all that Santa Monica has to offer. We will definitely be back.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

internet could be better , but whi cares

great room , friendly staff , and having a drink on the porch overlooking the ocean and the pier is worth the trip alone

• King Suite with Ocean View

We had to call to get the dvd cable connector. And breakfast is not included. The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the beach, be aware you have to cross the motorway via a small pedestrian bridge-which you have to walk through the small park full of homeless / rough sleepers. We were startled by it.

The room was spacious- we had a sitting room with a view of the sea. The bed was comfy and enormous. It was great to get beach towels from the front desk. The lounge worked great for a kid to sleep on as well as the chaise. For an treat after a long trip, this was great.

• Queen Room with Ocean View

The hotel bar closed earlier than we expected.

Loved the Art Deco style of the hotel and the view of Santa Monica pier from our window. It was great place to stay.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only negative is the elevator is extremely slow...petty but if that is the only thing, not to bad :-)

The hotel is easy walking distance to shopping, dinning and the pier. You can walk to Venice but its about a 2 mile walk. We were able to get to all L.A. attractions within a max 20 mile drive. Highly recommend.

• Standard Queen Room

The only thing that could be better is that it was free!

Pete the conceirge was excellent,check in staff great, bar top notch.Great food and service,Very Centrally located with two good restaurants next door. Quite rooms very clean and great bed.Would stay always here.Superb!

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Some of the common areas, e.g. hallways, stairwells need to be tidied up. They look unnecessarily tired even given the age of the building - small details like the plastering and interior paint job and the well-worn dressing gowns - really let down the old-style beauty of the place. The potential to bring the hotel back up to its former glamour and glory is obvious, but not achieved. The food at the veranda bar (we only had breakfast) was overpriced and not particularly good, but the coffee was nice. We'd recommend eating elsewhere - there are some excellent dining options nearby. Overall, we felt that the hotel was overpriced: it was meant to be a real treat at the beginning of our USA holiday, but it was not nearly as luxurious as we expected for what we paid. A "faded lady", but with a real sense of what it has been in the past. Do your homework on transport options if you're planning on using Santa Monica as a base for exploring attractions such as Universal Studios or Hollywood- we found Lyft to be our best option for getting to other attractions - it's a lovely beach stay but it's not cheap/convenient for exploring things outside of Santa Monica unless you have a car. We were really keen on staying by the beach, so it was still worth it to us, but it is a trade-off to be aware of before booking in this area.

The sense of history and quirkiness of the hotel made this stay more interesting than the blandness of many newer hotels. The rooms were in keeping with the style of the hotel and the bathrooms were particularly nicely done. The staff were welcoming and helpful. Lovely beach views and very close to the Pier and shopping areas.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Queen Room with Ocean View

The mattress on the bed was quite hard so I found it a bit uncomfortable after 3 nights (I prefer a softer mattress).

The location next to the beach and in close proximity to the shopping area was brilliant. Staff were friendly. Had the breakfast in the restaurant on one morning- thought it was good but found better places for breakfast nearby. Loved the 1930's decor etc. Felt the hotel had real character.

• Standard King Room

The room was OK but certainly not of a high standard in relation to the cost, especially as not only was it expensive to start with but there is add on tax on everything including the car parking which I feel is unreasonable

The property is in a good location for Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach but the cost to stay there is very expensive and does not merit the rating given with regard to the facilities on offer

• Standard Queen Room

The bed was very comfortable, and the accommodations had the character one would expect from a historic boutique hotel. The staff were very friendly, too!

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Queen Room with Ocean View

Very small bathroom. Unaware prior to arrival of addition high fee add-on for dog. Fortunately, it was not charged because of this. Rather lot of homeless in the area.

Very good service, clean, well located. Food in restaurant was very good. Pretty, and huge, beaches as well as parks in the area.

• King Suite with Ocean View

The internet is extremely slow here. If you plan to get any work done that requires a fast connection, forget it. The staff here were surprisingly indifferent. During my 10 day stay the lobby staff greeted me only twice. Every other time they simply looked the other way, or simply ignored me. This really surprised me because I expected better service and attitude from staff at a pricey boutique hotel. The house cleaning was poor and inconsistent. I accidentally spilt some matcha powder on the carpet on the first day of my stay, and it remained there until I left - 10 days later! Shocking!

The location is great, in walking distance from the majority of things you would want to do in Santa Monica.

• Standard King Room

Nothing really - there was water in our closet, the carpet was wet so we didn't allow our clothing to reach the floor . We did report it.

The staff was very accommodating and nice! The bed was the most comfortable bed we've slept in away from home. There was construction down stairs at the time of our stay but it didn't take away from the experience. The room and bath room was very clean! And we loved that the coffee maker wasn't a coffee pot.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They had lobby construction going on while we were guests there. Just bad timing and they did the best they could to not make it disruptive. I didn't like the parking situation. Very expensive and all Valet Parking. That could be better.

Breakfast in the morning out on the front veranda was great. A little pricey but staff was nice and attentive. View was great from our room over looking the Pacific beaches to the north.

• Standard Queen Room

This was the hotel appearance stood out among all the other modern hotels in the area. Staff were very helpful and hotel was very clean. No breakfast included but the was a lovely restaurant in the hotel serviced all day. Great location.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

For the amount we paid, the room was basic with a small bathroom. It's location is the hotels biggest plus.

The location of this hotel was excellent to Santa Monica Pier and Beach.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Standard King Room

The ramp was closed to bring our luggage up with damaging bags, although staff did help. The ceiling fan was a little hard to work out with the remote- really had to press buttons down.

Bed super comfy, pillows divine and staff lovely and friendly - just fabulous. Room dark at night and large and spacious. Location excellent.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Elevator noise (our room was right next to elevator shaft & hotel is older so it wasn't a deal breaker), room temperature was hard to control and maids (I assume) shut off fan during day so we'd come back to a hot room, bathroom was tiny for 4 people and no working exhaust fan to remove moisture and/or odor, beds were a tad too soft & carpets need cleaning. Mini fridge was too small to put anything in (i.e., leftovers from local restaurant).

Location, customer service from all staff, restaurant food was excellent, quaint cute hotel, partial view of ocean from our room, cutely decorated (but tiny) bathroom, spacious bedroom space.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Had I known the lobby would be under loud construction, I would not have booked. The basement with the speak easy was also closed, which was one of the draws. Lesson learned: always ask if there will be construction during your stay.

The beds were comfortable and the room spacious. Loved the location near the pier and the beach.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Queen Room with Ocean View

The lifts could be better. Slow, but in keeping with the property.

The location of the hotel was right opposite the beach and Santa Monica Pier. A good selection of upmarket shops were within a short distance of the hotel along with a number of restaurants. The hotel is currently undergoing some refurbishment works which didn't inconvenience the guests.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Not very professional nor up to date in terms of hotel culture. They knocked the door to ask if you need service after 5pm! Ignored the "do not disturb" sign every day, there is no lobby, shower's water pressure was not acceptable at all, and on the last day invoice was thrown under the door! Fancy that! This place is far from a hotel.

Just the location

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• King Suite with Ocean View

Restaurant on site was under renovation 😕

Stayed in the Carol Lombard Suite. Well worth the money for the incredible view of the ocean from the room on top floor of hotel. What a sunset!!!!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Queen Room with Ocean View

Staff knocked on door 2 or 3 different times at 10 minute intervals each afternoon to check minibar, offer ice (no ice machine; you have to request it), & turn-down service, which was slightly annoying, so I used "Privacy Please" tag on my door most of the time. No place in lobby to lounge/wait for friends/etc., just tables set for dining. Valet parking only. If you want to self-park, several 24-hour city garages available one block over.

The location and ocean view from my room are great. Stunning view, actually. Room was clean; free Wi-Fi. Menu items were tasty. Adequate elevator (just one). Room a good size for one person. Price fairly competitive with other ocean-view hotels. Love the authentic art deco architecture. Restaurant servers very nice. Two small mistakes on my final hotel bill were corrected instantly with no argument.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Standard King Room

Rooms ending in 08 and 06 are next to the elevators and have some noise issues. No seating in the lobby, which will be addressed by the current renovation.

Location, ambiance, architecture & design.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• King Suite with Ocean View

No sound proofing between rooms. I get this place is old, but this can be improved. I should not be able to hear the guest in the room next door having a normal phone call at 5am every morning. Lobby is lacking. No where to sit etc...Would be nice if the bathroom had some privacy for the toilet.

Very nice looking building and location was great. Staff was friendly. Nice soaps and shampoo.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Queen Room with Ocean View

It took forever to get hot water from the sink and the bathtub faucet handle felt like it was about to fall off.

I liked how the hotel fused history with some modern improvements

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The hotel is currently undergoing renovations so there was a bit of noise in the reception area - which is temporary.

I loved the room size, especially for a group of 3; amenities were great as is the breakfast menu and coffee. The location in Santa Monica is just perfect with easy walking access to the beach/pier or the shops.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff very friendly and resourceful. We arrived on NYE and they were helpful with the car, bags and checking in. The fruit infused water served at lobby was yum

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very old building with old, very slow lifts. This was only a very minor niggle in what was a great stay.

Fantastic fron start to finish. Warm friendly welcome, free room upgrade. Spectacular suite with a great view of Santa Monica beach & pier. Great location, walking distance to everything. Will be booking again soon!

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Standard King Room

Room was dark and the view out the window was just of another building so not great. I guess this place was so expensive for the location, but the size of the room and view were not really worth the cost

Really nice looking bathroom, very comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel is very old, a little worn down. Facilities inside is old-fashioned, not maintained to the best condition.

Great location, right on the Ocean Avenue of Santa Monica, five minutes walk to 3rd street promenade. Close to a lot of restaurants and shops. Across the street is the Pacific Ocean.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Standard King Room

Elevator was out of service. Had to use a very very slow secondary elevator. Spent too much time waiting for that elevator but was on the 8th floor with very inconvenient stairways.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Standard King Room

This was a group business trip that we do every year on the same long weekend. The hotel always facilitates our needs and makes us feel quite welcome. The staff is genuinely friendly!

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Standard King Room

The only thing I could fault is that the shower wasn't the best! But still did the job!

Everything, the location is AMAZING! Much better location then a lot of the fancier hotels in Santa Monica! walking distance to everything you could need/want! Hotel is trendy, the rooms were fantastic, great size and it really made the start to our trip amazing!

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom was a bit small for a family of 4. Had some issues with TV remote. Nothing major though,

The location was excellent. Staff were really friendly, welcoming.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Lifts were rather antiquated but I believe are being upgraded

Excellent location on seafront near the pier. Huge room with everything we needed. Has kept its features as one the older hotels in the city which we quite liked

Browse The Georgian Hotel traveller photo gallery