Reviews of The Historic Powhatan Resort By Diamond Resorts 4 stars

3601 Ironbound Road, Williamsburg, VA 23188, USA

#18 of 75 hotels in Williamsburg

ok could have been alot better. Not the type of suites I am used to. Disappointed
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

The Suite was horrible look like it should have been torn down and rebuilt. It smelled awful good thing I travel with my own cleaning products because to say you don't do maid service is one thing but to not have given me a clean room is awful. the kitchen was not fully equipped like stated. furniture was stained and smelled. So no I was not interested in sitting in your timeshare presentation if this is the room I was presented with. I don't even see me staying here. I will stick to the Properties I know and Interested in Investing in.

The property grounds were beautiful. a lot of attention to that more so than the Suites.

We will not be back.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

Attended July 13th through July 17th. Our suite was very outdated, smelled like urine and the carpets were filthy. We requested an upgrade three times, the front desk clerk was willing to help but when discussed with management we were told the upgraded rooms were unavailable. I think they keep the upgraded rooms for those who have a timeshare with the diamond resorts and not to individuals or families who are not members. The resort was not crowded during our stay so poor customer service on their part. Housekeeping came and sprayed the room but the smelled returned. We've spent most of our time out of the room to avoid the smell and the filthiness. Until all of the rooms are upgraded I would not go to this resort. Very disappointed for the price that we paid.

The grounds and the pool area.

Not the best. Been there several times before and this was the second to worst condo we've stayed in
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

Definitely in the outdated section of the resort. Some lightbulbs didn't work, there was only one shower, a bathroom vanity was damaged, and the washer/dryer in unit were partially disassembled.

The location was great - close to Busch Gardens and Water Country.

Best Reasonably-Priced Resort
    • One Bedroom Ground Floor

The only thing I didn't like was that it is a "timeshare resort" and the Concierge is basically a salesperson. Avoid the "Welcome Package" at check-in. It's a total setup to get you to attend one of those "timeshare presentations." If you can avoid the sales pitches, you will have a good time!

The property is beautiful. My son and I enjoyed all of the activities. It's nice that you can check-out rec equipment (basketball, volleyball, tennis rackets, etc.). Also, the racketball and mini golf were fun!

we love this place.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

we love this place...we come twice a year for about the last 6 or 7 years. the location and facilities are perfect for my family of four. the are two things i would change....master bedroom has the old style tube tv and the guest bathroom only has a large soaker tub, no shower. other than that its awesome.

Good location rooms hated
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

The rooms were very old and out dated. They look nothing like the pictures I was very disappointed with the rooms. The overall grounds of the property was beautiful but the rooms were gross!

Staff was friendly

Overall, we had a great stay. Didn't get to experience many amenities as we were out during the day

Sqeaky headboards

Nice, modern, updated large rooms. Very clean facilities with provided toiletries and dishes. Awesome staff that helped accommodate my 1-year old (pack-n-play, high chair).

Not as good as before
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

Dlldated facilties And. Extended hold on my cc for 2 wks after checkout I also was offered a bonus stay but when attempted to book the concierge was no help.

Not my usual experience :(
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

Room was sub-par, this last stay was the worst in all the times I've visited. I visited in June 2018; property is under renovation however this was not noted on the reservation site (or any I have checked). Master bedroom had a 19 inch TV, other bedroom did not have one. Toilets were stopped up, no furniture in sun room, living room floor had not been fully vacuumed, and there was still trash bags full of trash and used bedding on the outside of the unit when I arrived. Again, my stay is usually great, but this time was horrible. Staff did nothing to remedy situation...I honestly believe they stuck me in the room with the minimal amenities because I booked through booking.com and not directly through their website. Still, for almost $500 for the weekend, I expected what I am accustomed to getting. Filed a complaint, haven't heard back from booking.com or the resort.

I love the location, pool area, and activities. Staff is friendly.

Great to have fun with friends or kids
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

Staff tried to give me a gift in exhange for my time but did not explain the conditions properly, I ended up wasting a lot of time without getting anything.

Very nice place for a weekend getaway witha group of friends or large family. Would not reccom3nd it for couples, though.

Nice and comfortable

Carpet needed updating.

There for the weekend but the rain was not cooperating but the stay was nice and enjoyed the pool when the rain stopped. Bar was nice. Rooms nice. People friendly

We loved the unit and the resort amenities! Looking forward to another stay!
    • Three Bedroom Unit

There was no daily housekeeping so we could have used more towels but other than that, there was absolutely nothing to complain about. There is a washer and dryer in the unit so we were able to wash daily as needed.

Our unit was recently renovated and more than what we expected. Very spacious and accommodating for our family needs. Our only regret is that we did not stay longer.

Not again.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

The apartment was OLD, dirty and worn out. The carpets were gross. There was no maid service for the four days we were there, but we WEREN'T told that upon checking-in. We had wash our own towels and the dryer didn't work properly. The restaurant was HORRIBLE and the staff there were terrible.

The grounds are nice. It looks great from the outside.

Recommended to reserve. Good value matching with others
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

I paid more than appeared price from the booking app. The mattress aren't comfortable. Lack of breakfast or night activities.

Clean & good equipped

OVERALL THE STAY WAS GREAT, THE MATTREASS NEEDED TO BE...
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

OVERALL THE STAY WAS GREAT, THE MATTREASS NEEDED TO BE REPLACED AND THE TV IN THE MAIN AREA HAD A BAD PICTURE. EVERYTHING ELSE WAS GREAT AND WOULD DO AGAIN.

The staff, starting at the front gate, were trying to be...
    • 1 Bedroom Upstairs

The staff, starting at the front gate, were trying to be funny and came off as disrespectful. I did not realize their intent was to sell vacations to us for the rest of our stay. Not why I was there.

Strange Time Share - check-in reminded me of the line at the...
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

Strange Time Share - check-in reminded me of the line at the DMV. It's a huge crowded facility with an odd mix of people. Don't recommend for just a one night stay as it's not a traditional hotel.

Great.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

Too much stress on time shares .

Well maintained grounds and facilities. Polite employees.Clean and comfortable rooms. Great place for family vacations. Privacy.

The pool was nice and it’s close to everything like the...
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

I didn’t like how the resort wouldn’t let me cancel due to a family emergency! Booking was going to work with me in regards to my situation. The resort on the other hand was going to charge me $300 to cancel I ended up staying due to the ridiculous amount of money for a one night stay!

The pool was nice and it’s close to everything like the outlet and Busch Gardens.

Great resort
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this resort. Both indoor and outdoor pools were great. The room was really nice and well maintained. Staff was helpful. My children enjoyed the different activities they had around the resort. Our favorite activity was the pool party, we won two prizes! We will definitely return for ourfamily vacations.

Facilities fantastic, if you can get past the inept system to register for a reservation made prior.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

Registration was not expected to be the hassle it was. Online reservation, made 8 months in advance as our time share vacation was not of record at the resort. After required to print confirmation as proof, we needed corporate office approval to stay. We needed to extend 1 day to our length of stay, but resort does not make reservations, we needed to go thru "third party". Resort could not provide an invoice, and third party did not fulfill the discount that was offered.

After flying 3000 miles from coast to coast, to register onto a reservation made 8 months in advance, we were told there was no reservation for us. We were made to feel special by having to go thru corporate office to get a room that matched our printed, confirmed online reservation.

We loved the facility and would stay again, just hope we get quieter neighbors next time!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

The guests upstairs were inconsiderate. The children kept ringing our doorbell early in the morning. Then it sounded like the kids were wearing army boots and running around.

loved having the kitchen and the enclosed porch room. Plenty of room to relax after busy days

Timeshares!
    • 1 Bedroom Upstairs

The value for a short stay is great, but beware the fine print! By staying at this location you agree to both having your personal information used for marketing timeshares AND letting them request your credit report!

It's a beautiful property full of small timeshare homes and well maintained facilities.

Amazingly Relaxing
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

My only complaint is the main shower/bath had no curtain when arriving, but it wasn't a make or break deal it was so minor.

Family orientated, great staff, very quiet and relaxing where we were! Definitely going back !

Forgot it was a resort. Didn't mind.
    • 1 Bedroom Upstairs

The pressure to buy a time share, but I was able to keep them at bay my entire stay.

I locked my key in my unit, and security checked to make sure it was truly my unit, instead of just letting me in. It made me feel safer, that they would not let just any stranger in. Also, I booked a one bedroom but was given a two bedroom for no extra charge. The rooms were very spacious, washer/dryer included, bedding and pillows were soft, and I slept very well.

Beyond expectations
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

Concierge was pushy about those timeshare tutorials. If you don’t cancel they charge you $20 so beware.

I’m deploying in a couple of weeks, me and my family with small children decided to go with the Powhatan Resort...let me tell you I have ZERO regrets on my booking experience. Probably the cleanest resort I’ve stayed on, the location is spacious to roam around in, the pools, amenities, and the hotel restaurant are all within walking distance. We had stayed in a suite with 2 bedrooms and I’m VERY picky about how clean the place I’m staying at but the Powhatan resort nailed it on this one. Dishes, kitchen counter, and bathrooms were spotless. I will definitely be coming again.

Not the relaxing resort stay I was hoping for.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

I didn’t realize this was a timeshare resort when I booked. The check in was like a cattle call and took almost 45 mins. After finally receiving my keys they tried to hold me up longer to push the sale of another future visit on me. The same sales process repeated at check out via phone call. The concierge was down right rude and called me “bizarre” for telling her my time with my family was worth more than whatever discount they were offering if I sat through their timeshare sales pitch. The apartment wasn’t bad. A little dated and the furnishings were tired. The master bedroom borders the apartment next doors balcony, so if your neighbors are up late hanging out over drinks you’re going to hear them. This resort is not what I expected and I will not go back.

The location was great. The bed linens and mattresses were a very nice quality.

Accommodation were very nice.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

Check-in process was a nightmare. 52 minutes for a one night stay where I had already been charged for the stay weeks before. Staff was not accommodating to address long check-in lines even when people starting fighting. I have never had any airline experience as bad as this. The location and accommodations themselves great but I couldn’t enjoy them until way after my check-in nightmare had subsided.

Accommodation were very nice. Clean and comfortable.

Family vacation
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

The cleanliness of the condo could be better. Upon checking in we found hair in the fridge and shower.

The pool and all the activities for families is very nice. The location is perfect for all historic sites in the area. The condos are very spacious and beds are comfortable!

Time share
    • One Bedroom Ground Floor

The staff was very pushy about attending the seminar about the time share. Got a call at 9pm to the room asking why I didn't come.

The room was very nice and was upgraded from what I reserved due to availability.

Would book a vacation here again in a heartbeat!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

Can't think of anything that we didn't like!

Loved having the extra room, we felt like we were at home! Being able to cook and have a full fridge was a bonus since we are a family of five and eating out all the time on vacation can be pricey. The activities were great, the pools were great, especially movie night by the pool! One of the best family vacations we've had!

We had a wonderful time here and will likely come back.
    • 1 Bedroom Upstairs

This is a time-share property so you have to be prepared to be sold to a few times but they aren’t obnoxious.

The property has incredible amenities and is beautiful. It’s close to all local attractions like Jamestown, Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown, and Busch Gardens.

Overall good time spend with my family.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

Check in is horrible , it literally took about and hour and your check out is so early at 10am.

Home away from home, grounds well maintained.2 bedroom unit clean and very spacious.

We enjoyed our stay and all of the amenities that the resort offered. We would stay again.
    • 1 Bedroom Upstairs

The cleanliness of the shower was the only issue we had. There was obvious mildew in the grout, and it could have easily been scrubbed away.

The living space was open and clean. Having two sleeping spaces was great with kids.

Fancy!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

We were not able to use the deck due to both sliding doors were very hard to open. There was not clear instructions for property use, such as: pool times, golf times, what you had to do before check out. Staff was very friendly and helpful when calling and asking for information. One thing we didn't not realize is that they want you to have a major credit card. The booking.com site did not mention that. When I booked this reservation they said to $100 cash for deposit on the unit. When we arrived that asked about a major credit card. We have bank cards but do not have credit cards. Also since e did not have one we could not sit in on the time share presentation. We did enjoy the resort and our apartment, but will probably go back to staying at a Historic Williamsburg Hotel to be closer to CW.

Rooms were great. Lots of room and comfort. Great kitchen. Both pools were nice. Putt Putt Golf was in great condition and lots of fun.

We had a great time!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

I could not read the news numbers on the units very well.

The pretty fountains and expanse of the resort Loved the condo layout and amount of space. Liked the restaurant and workout area.

Nice...
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

The welcome desk trying to get you to book a visit in one of their properties. I was also called during my visit to see if I had made a decision about booking. I was there to relax.

The resort was very nice..but there was a lot of unit renovation being done...which was distracting from the peacefulness of our visit. The couch in our unit was well worn and should be replaced. Several of the windows (patio) in particular was very cloudy and we were not able to enjoy the beautiful landscape outside. When I had booked this trip , I did not realize this was A resort aimed at us buying a unit there. They rope you in by saying they have a "welcome" gift. Which turns out to be a bag of pamphlets and then spend 20 mins.trying to get you to book some tour. They were very persistent in getting me to sign up for their "free" get a way to one of their properties. I did not see anything about this in the booking info which you supplied. Regardless...we had a great trip. I would book there again now that I know what to expect.

What they don't tell you when booking is that they want...
    • 1 Bedroom Upstairs

What they don't tell you when booking is that they want an additional 100 for a deposit and another additional 20 for resort fee. If I knew upfront that room costed three times what I wanted to spend I would not have chosen this place

My expectations were greatly exceeded in every way .
    • 1 Bedroom Upstairs

Both times checking in (20 minutes ) and checking out (10 minutes ) there was a wait . Not due to long lines seemed to be a staffing problem . Staff was apologetic though which helped .

This property and staff are unbelievable! From after check in to check out our stay was top shelf in every way !

Decent, but not stellar.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

The unit was not terribly well stocked. The bedrooms were exceedingly dark, with no overhead lighting. While there was a light switch by the door, we were never able to figure out what it was there for. It didn't light up the room, that is for sure! And at least one of the electrical outlets was broken. We had specifically asked to be placed close to other members of our party, but it was obvious that the staff had not even read our emails until the night we checked in. Because of this, we weren't put in the type room that we had asked for. Not much of a romantic weekend when my husband and I ended up in a pair of twin beds! As a "crash pad" for two couples, it was sufficient.

The grounds were beautiful, the common room was spacious, and the kitchen big enough for a couple of people to work in simultaneously.

There is only one park for each room and extra parking is...
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

There is only one park for each room and extra parking is too far from the rooms and then having to walk back to the room there is not enough lighting to feel safe.

Over all its a good place to stay, close to all the historical cities.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

The kitchen can be staffed a little better - this one has very limited items for cooking and serving food. The web site don't indicates that the downstairs units are not comfortable for all adults party - only upstairs units will be good for that. If you are traveling with children - downstairs is a good apartments, but not for 2 adult couples.

We ordered 2 units and wrote to the property that we are 4 couples traveling for a re-union and need upstairs units as downstairs units have 1 small bedroom and hall-way bath - which we didn't want. We placed order and emailed to to the property so they will have our 2 two bedroom unit in the same building. When we got there didn't gave us what we ordered. They did see our emails. We end up with 2 downstairs units and they are very uncomfortable for all adults party. The kitchen wasn't as staffed as most of Diamond Resorts we stayed in California. The area is beautiful and close to all the historical places - which was the main reason we choose this place.

I felt like I was deceived about a two hour seminar to look...
    • One Bedroom Ground Floor

I felt like I was deceived about a two hour seminar to look at a time share, I felt it dishonest about the length and they wanted me to pay 20 dollars, I was only there for one night and didn’t have tonhours to look at something I wasn’t interested in

The overall stay was not what I was used to as I've stayed here before.
    • One Bedroom Ground Floor

I didn't like walking into my room to find a unwelcoming odor and a broken door stopper that was left laying in the bathroom floor. In the sun room, the blinds were broken and the pieces were left laying in the floor along with a dead Japanese hornet. The worse thing of all was the urine on the toilet seat and hair on the border of the wall.

The beds were very comfortable and tucked tight. Everything I needed was in the room.

The grounds are beautiful.
    • 1 Bedroom Upstairs

The beds were fantastic, however the other furniture was uncomfortable and not in the needy shape. The furnishings were a thrown together mix that didn't work.

The grounds are beautiful. Some of the buildings (e.g., the rec center) are a little dated. There is new construction happening and our building was renovated.

There were many added fees from the original fee advertised.
    • 1 Bedroom Upstairs

There were many added fees from the original fee advertised. I asked for a one bedroom and got a two bedroom suite. I did not need that much room. We were staying there to enjoy Williamsburg and then have a place to rest our heads.

It was an amazing spring break and wonderful birthday week. I will certainly come and stay again!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

The line to check in was an hour and a half wait and the facilities that evening when I checked in at the main lobby was unpleasant. I would have thought that the ladies restrooms would’ve been more clean however there was urine on the toilet seats and toilet paper all over the floors which was surprising been the fact that this area is where guest come to first check in which is the face of the resort.

The 2 bed and 2 bath villa was amazing! Everything I needed was right at my fingertips, from fire place, patio with furniture, to washer and Dyer... The beds were soft, bathrooms spotless clean, and when needing extra accommodations the staff was more than friendly and a follow up call to verify that everything was to my liking! I loved that my family was allowed to come visit for a day and enjoy some bonding time together!

The overall comfort was really nice.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

It's nothing but a timeshare gimmick. As soon as you walk in the door, they usher you to a person who is really going to convince you to buy the timeshare, and then almost every day you get a phone call from them to go to more timeshare meetings. And they don't provide housekeeping, and you have to wash your own linens.

The overall comfort was really nice. The grounds were beautiful.

Mixed experience--see above.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

Problems with refrigerator. Broken icemaker on arrival, then flooded the kitchen floor after repair. Then leaked on food after another repair. Concierge talked us into taking a tour that she swore was not a timeshare pitch. When we arrived for the tour, it was a timeshare pitch.

2 bedroom 2 bath condo was very nice and quiet. Grounds were beautiful. Near restaurants, shopping and Colonial Williamsburg.

A nice resort for a stay with children
    • One Bedroom Ground Floor

Checkout at 10 a.m. a big minus. Noisy 2 stories units. Noisy neighbors with children might be a nuisance and the management do not separate the guests for a more quiet stay. The gym is small, hot and sometimes crowded.

Resort unit spacious and well equipped. Nice restaurant on site. Good swimming pools and activities for children. 5 minutes drive to shops and places.

If assigned a renovated unit this is a good value for the cost. Be aware that this is a time share.
    • 1 Bedroom Upstairs

The check in process was cumbersome. The first unit we were assigned was dirty and in need of maintenance- the carpet was shredded, the furniture was damaged and the smell in the unit was unbearable. After complaining to the front desk we were reluctantly assigned a more acceptable unit.

The unit was a two bedroom town home with full kitchen. Much nicer than staying in a small hotel room. While we did not really use the kitchen, It would have really appealed to families and those watching their budget as you could have easily eaten all meals in the unit.

Powhatan Paradise
    • 1 Bedroom Upstairs

Right off the bat you go from check in to a “welcome center” where they try to sign you up for a condo time share spiel in exchange for some discount coupons. Just say no and move on. Ancient, blurry CRT tv in bedroom. Not one piece of comfortable to sit on furniture in the living room (couch and chair were hard as rocks. If they had been covered in plastic, I’d have thought I was at my grand mother’s house in the ‘60’s), so we did not watch the nice flat screen located there. Ice maker was turned off, for cleaning I suppose, so turn it back on as soon as you get there as it took to the next day to produce ice.

Beautiful property with excellent onsite restaurant and bar. Condos were nice, 80-90’s vintage, with very comfortable beds. Good WiFi, so we watched tv on our laptop. All in all a great deal (under $450 for 5 nights) since we spent a lot of time outside using the facilities and going to nearby attractions.

Issues with water heater caused cold shower and long day of...
    • 1 Bedroom Upstairs

Issues with water heater caused cold shower and long day of repairmen in and out of unit while I was trying to nap. Front desk not willing at first to switch rooms and not willing to offer a refund or discount (but very willing to push timeshare promo).

Wonderful time as we were with family that had also booked and we were graciously placed next door
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

Didn’t like having to listen to information on check in on getting deals of vacations or maybe timeshare at check out. Won’t go to concierge again at check in just for a bag of coffee!

Very nice shower pressure and comfortable bed.Did

It's a timeshare, run far far away.
    • 1 Bedroom Upstairs

Someone, booking.com, the property. SOMEONE should have mentioned that this place is a timeshare. Fair warning people, they'll try to pitch you, they'll bombard you with emails, they'll give you this mountain of booklets and papers and it's pretty annoying. They'll try to schedule you for a consultation that takes 2 hours (cause that is what I want to do on vacation) and if you don't go they charge you $20. So that great deal you think you got isn't as great.

Location was nice, the "room" was huge. But it was a two bedroom townhouse. So obviously.

Our family weekend getaway
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

I can't not say that there was anything that I did not like.

I like that the property is always pretty. There's so many activities for families.

Great weekend getaway with my husband! Quiet, peaceful! Loved it!
    • 1 Bedroom Upstairs

Shower heads in bathroom could be larger.

Excellent customer service! Great attention to detail! Place was wonderful! Better than we expected! Loved it! Def going back!

Good location and value. Nice amenities for a family stay!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

My only complaint is the amount of times we were contacted about attending a sales session for Diamond Resorts. It was annoying after three times.

It was under construction and the weather was rainy so we didn’t get to walk around much.

good accomodations. check in can be a nightmare!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

Check in was a nightmare. after being on the road for 8 hours we had to wait on line for over 45 minutes to check in. I heard from other guests that we were lucky because earlier the line took 2 1/2 hours!

The grounds are well kept and the accomadations were comfortable and perfect for a family like ours,

It had everything that a 7 year old boy would love!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

It had everything that a 7 year old boy would love!!! Basketball court, playground and swimming pool!! The place was very spacious!! I loved the full kitchen and having a two bedroom was just wonderful!!

The rooms very very spacious even for a family of 5 and...
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

The beds we're very stiff and not as comfortable as I would have liked. The concierge was a bit pushy on trying to get us to attend meetings and they called a few times trying to get us to sign up for things even after we said we were not interested

The rooms very very spacious even for a family of 5 and check out was very easy

Great stay but check out way too early!!
    • One Bedroom Ground Floor

The checking part it just takes so long

It is really hard checking in there's always a lot of people chicken and at the same time and the staff needs to move faster to get handicap people checked in

Once we got over the painful check in our stay was great.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

Checking in was painful. After an 8 hour drive and 3 very tired kids standing in line for over 1/2 hour just to check in and then the actual check in was another 15 mins. It was just too much. If you have already given your information to the hotel it shouldn't take long for them to check you in.

Location was great and facilities were great with kids. 2 Bedroom suite was clean with enough room for 2 adults and 3 kids.

Lots of activities.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

Check in took 45 minutes. There was a Potty chair in the living room. We called the front desk and asked for it to be taken away. We placed it beside the door and it was never picked up. WiFi was not good.

Lots of activities. Rooms were very nice.

Check in.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

The check in process was not good. They said our room was not ready they would text us when it was and never did. Then had to wait on line again.

Nice grounds. Room was good. Close to all attractions.

Stuck in the 90's
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

After checkin they sent me straight to a timeshare sales person. The room was old and desperately in need of a make over. Mattress was worn out and saggy, no shower in one bathroom and a 90's style tv in the bedrooms.

Friendly staff

There was free mini golf even though it was so crowded that...
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

Check in was horrible. Even though I had definitely rented a first floor unit they tried to give me a 2nd floor unit. My husband is handicapped and that was in their notes. Besides taking 20 minutes for them to find me a room, they then charged me more money and also expected a 100$ security deposit and I had to agree to tons of questions like returning all my key cards to get my 100$ returned. Overall, check in really set a bad tone. And then the check in staff were arguing with each other. I hate that.

There was free mini golf even though it was so crowded that we did not get to play.

Would not stay there again

I think the advertising is misleading..the pictures only show one bath and it appears that both full baths would have a shower...we had all adults who do not like to use bath tubs so we were in a bind with basically only having one shower when we thought we hold have had 2

huge disappointed
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

what I thought I was booking based on pictures on line is NOT what we experienced. It was old, run down, not clean, uncomfortable , check in was a nightmare and it was WAY overpriced for what we got- it was the 4th hotel of our trip and by FAR the WORST- such a disappointment

we liked the onsite mini golf course

Adequate.
    • 1 Bedroom Upstairs

The WiFi wasn't working. My husband had work he needed to do while we were away, but he was unable to get on the Internet all morning.

The location was very convenient to our event in Williamsburg.

The beds were super comfortable.
    • 1 Bedroom Upstairs

We arrived at night and had a difficult time seeing the numbers on the buildings..would have liked a little more lighting..

The beds were super comfortable..great stay!

Great location for experiencing Williamsburg with a family traveling with 7 to 76 year olds!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Ground Floor

The place is not fancy. It is a timeshare and we did know initially when I booked. No room cleaning unless you stay 8 days. It was modest, yet we spent little time in the room.

This was a great hotel for my family traveling with a 7 and 76 year old! It has multiple bedrooms at a reasonable price. Plenty of room for multiple adults and kids. Parking is convenient right in from of your door. Hi kids and family activities were great. The staff was so accommodating and helpful. This was a great trip. We will come back for sure.

the stay had the potential for a great visit.
    • 1 Bedroom Upstairs

we got in late so we couldn't enjoy most of the amenities. We had to check out early, so we only had time to tidy up the room and make a cup of coffee.

It looked like a nice place to stay for a longer period of time.

Lots of space, conveniently located, and a great value
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Top Floor

The temperature wasn't consistent throughout the place. We set the heat up to 72, but the smaller bedroom with the queen bed was freezing. We turned the heat up to 74, and it felt fine in there, but then the rest of the place was too warm.

I like the that these are set up like condos, so you either have the top floor or the bottom floor (I purposely booked the top floor), and the bedrooms are located on the outside of the building, so minimal noise from neighbors. Our two-bedroom was spacious and clean as advertised. Even had a electric fireplace that did function as a good source of heat. Located half-between Colonial Williamsburg and Historic Jamestowne (couldn't ask for a better location, assuming you're traveling by auto). Pro-tip: if you're just booking for a couple of nights and it's not your timeshare, just say no to the free gifts at check-in and check-out. Since they give these gifts in a different section from check-in/out, don't even bother visiting that section to save yourself the trouble of saying that you're not interested in a timeshare.

In middle of moving from Williamsburg to Virginia Beach and our stay here is a great respite.

Wii Fii

Staff is the Gems of the resort.Kevin,GM,entire front desk Jason,rebecca,jennifer,elizabeth et al all r the best Maintenance people we came into contact with were all courteous and helpful

Browse The Historic Powhatan Resort By Diamond Resorts traveller photo gallery