Reviews of The Inn and Spa at East Wind 3 stars

5720 Route 25 A, Wading River, NY 11792, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Wading River

The bathroom was dirty and the carpets seemed dirty and in need of updating. there were no towels in the pool area, so we went to the spa to ask for towels, they were rude and told us to go up to the front desk. our TV didn't work and it took forever for someone to come to our room (twice) to change some wires. we asked for housekeeping to bring us more toiletries and it took 45 min. the phone in the room was very old and pulled out of the wall when we tried to use it.

the grounds were nice, but most of the shops were closed down or not open yet.

I have only one complaint. We were there for a wedding and their coordinator Scott was completely rude. The wedding hadn’t started yet so I asked the pastor (who was by the exit) if I had time to use the bathroom. She, in turn, asked Scott. His response was “Ummm sure, but I’m not going to hold this wedding up for you”. I said, “Of course not”. I then asked the pastor where the bathrooms were, and they were far away so I chose to wait. It was a good thing because Scott had immediately turned to rolling up the wedding mat and queing the music. So when I had asked if I had time to use the rest room the correct response should have been “I’m sorry, the wedding is about to start”. It was in motion less than a minute after I asked. Add to this his torn jacket that looked very unprofessional I can say I would never recommend him to run any wedding.

The hotel is clean and pretty. The front desk girl, Stevie, was very helpful and friendly. Daniella the bartender was fantastic.

Well in the room there's no USB ports. For the phones to charge. It'll be nice if in the near future you guys upgrade the rooms with USB ports.

I really like the Spa. The wine and dining.Very good food.I will do it again in the future.

Our room had been changed to a suite w two bedrooms around the corner from each other. The kids are small so My husband stayed around the corner from us . We had a late ckout at 12 and housekeeping came in at 11 and started cleaning and didnt talk w us and was unable to understand or help at all to answer any questions. Itwas just wierd. And no fridge unless you wanted to pay an xtra fee. I realize it was a suite we were upgraded toamd woukd have been great if we were all adults. But to not have bedsin tge sane room it felt like we were seperated whn we were going there to spend time together .

Pool. temperature was great. Cushions need replacing on lounge chairs. inconvenient to get pool towels from front desk.

Pool needs updating. Too much chlorine irritated husband and childrens skin.

The pool really needs a good scrubbing. Also, we weren’t that impressed by he onsite restaurant Desmond’s. Service was good and food was okay, but it didn’t have any of the ambiance of the rest of the inn.

The decor of the place was romantic as were the grounds. There were lots of amenities available. It was a nice getaway for my husband and and me.

My room smelled like cigarettes and the pool was full of hair. It was disgusting my kids did not want to stay in the pool.. Its not really a family hotel like i thought. Plus i made my sister book a night with us and was embarrased that i recommended the place

Well the property looks nice from the outside

Odor in rooms. Pool dirty with hair. Pillows not comfortable. Some of the lamps in room didnt work

My room was changed 3 times and still the rooms smell really bad. For the price it should include complimentary breakfast but no. I even asked if they have complimentary cofee atleast they dont even have that. The pool was disgusting it had hair in it and we never once saw anyone cleaning it. The sauna is for only guess that are getting a massage. If u need tooth paste or tooth brush be ready to pay. Overall not happy specially because of the odor in room and hair in pool. They tried to charge me wrong price at checkout good thing i noticed and provided a receipt from booking.com then they corrected the error.

room as well as the bedding and bathroom was comfortable. Have stayed at this location before and find it convenient for visiting friends in the area.

Breakfast is not included even though you pay a premium price to pay for one night. There is no coffee or water in the rooms which is usually standard for even motels. There was only 10 channels in the room as well and check out was at 11 where most places are at 12.

The property was very beautiful and scenic. The hotel was a grand looking especially when you walk through the main doors.

The food was not great and we had an issue with the Spa. One of us was never called for her facial and they only offered her a 25 minute facial as an accommodation. She should have been offered a free facial at another date since it was too late to do anything at that time. She has never been to a spa before and we convinced her to come and then this. There was also an issue about whihc version of the story was correct, Since four of us were booked for services and the rooms I think they should have been a little more accommodating.

The rooms were very large and very clean.

No in room movies available. Beds were very squeaky. A lot of light coming in through window at night because the blinds did not fully close...also the blue light on the carbon monoxide detector lit up the room! The coffee shop did not open until 11 am.

Large rooms and the grounds are very pretty. Nice location close to attractions on East End.

No refrigerator in the room Old TV No HD No place to get coffee in the morning other than that awful machine in the room

Bed was fine Bathrooms were clean

Coffee machine not working, front desk said they would send a replacement-never did happen! Room window faces a connected taller roof, with solar modules for a view. Vanity mirror in bathroom was falling apart and not usable.

Outstanding all around. Classic decor. Impeccable. Anyone who describes this is outdated has no understanding of decor that stands the test of time. Will be going back again!

everything

this property has great potential but, it is in need of a BIG RENOVATION AND FACELIFT Along with on site breakfast available a bit later. Staff needs training!

We arrived late at night and they didn't have our reservation - the staff in the evening were very unhelpful and almost turned us away onto the street. The manager ultimately apologised and gave us some money off for the trouble, but it was a truly horrible first impression. For $300+ per night we were then were given a corner room on the ground floor which looked out on the parking lot and anyone walking by could see into our room through the windows. Disappointing to say the least!

Lovely place for a function or a wedding... seems made for that more than every day hotel guests.

Shopping is a cold area. The swimming pool gibes an old impression, could be renovated. There could be a nice terras installed with view on the gardens. The fitness is too small.

Large rooms, parking nearby, very clean and we'll maintained gardens. Discount t at the shops. Available pool and fitness

desks can be refinished in the room. Chair covers are dirty -Room 106 Got locked out in the patio where the waterfall is. could use a sign - doors lock behind you. It was quite frightening until I found the gate that opened. We thought we would have to spend the night there.

comfortable room. Staff at the restaurant and bar are extremely pleasant.

The rooms were a little dimly lit so getting ready was a bit of a challenge.

In the craziness of a wedding Lauren at the front desk helped me figure out a reservation problem I was not aware of. She pulled up the phone number and told me what to do so I would not be charged for 2 extra rooms, and there was no late cancellation fee added. Loved the wedding, loved the staff.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The room was spacious but there wasn't a small refrigerator in it. I was surprised and disappointed because I always like to keep bottles of water at hand. I also would've liked a fan in the bathroom and the shower curtain rod needed to be raised about 5 inches because the liner is in the tub.

Best pillows we've ever had in a hotel:) Room and bathroom were very clean and spacious. All the staff we interacted with were very friendly. Bartender at Desmonds (Jennie- I think, sorry if I'm wrong) was very outgoing.

Really nothing bad to say at all.

The room I stayed in was 219. Amazing room lots of space the bed was so comfortable. The bath tub fits two also a mini jacuzzi.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

There was no complimentary coffee. Coffee from restaurant was terrible and cost 2.50 a sterofoam cup to bring to room. Also very, very weak wifi. Had to use data.

Staff, accommodations, food, spa amazing.. Happy hour was great, dinner and wait staff were exceptional. Geat Spa services.

Staff seemed new and inexperienced- bartender asked where her tip was after paying for some pre cocktail hour cocktails! Where her tip??? Seriously?? Valet parking boys sat around in chairs outside while I parked myself and dragged my luggage from parking lot to lobby even though there was 3 guys working just sitting outside hanging out! My room reserved was not right - 2 queens given to me when 1 king requested and then irritably accommodated and made me feel like it was my fault! Friends ordered cocktails that bartender did it know how to make (I'm talking a regular mojito here!!) and when attempted to make it - was horrible and same bartender who asked where her tip was before we even left!

Rooms were ok - a bit musky odor

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

We were told we had until a certain time to leave but an hour before that, housekeeping came and felt like they rushed us out when we weren't ready to go yet

Spacious room, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Bed was super uncomfortable There was a sign in the bathroom to not use anything cause it was for show (guess it's what they show when the book weddings) Just made me feel unwelcome

Was beautiful and allowed a late check in

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

only 2 channels on TV, we weren't there for TV, so I didn't ask why.

Easy check in/out, very spacious rooms, high ceilings, easy access to rooms, friendly staff, restaurant, spa was great and prices were very reasonable.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Beautiful hotel! Elegant and clean. Booked the day before and took our chances based on reviews and so glad we did. The restaurant downstairs (pub) was superb. 5 Stars for everything. King room far exceeded our expectations. Starbucks is right downstairs for coffee and breakfast. Will definitely return when we have more time. Not enough time to enjoy all they offer.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

I had to leave

In word value. From the extremely helpful front desk...to the bartender even coffee in morning. It was all exceptional. Seeing my dad relax....well Thank you for that.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

front desk staff a little cold and miserable It is Long Island after all so if someone does not verbally abuse you or curse at you you're still ahead of the game I suppose and let's face it, most people on LI ARE in fact justifiably miserable and savage. Don't attack me folks, I was born and raised here!!

Old world charm. Nice furnishings. Comfortable bedding. All creature comforts (large closet, safe, toiletries etc) all ample and easy to find. Quiet quiet quiet (went mid-week)

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

A super comfortable hotel with great facilities. Very handy for the outlet mall at Riverhead. We may have had a special rate but it was excellent value for money for our short stay

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

The furniture was a bit worn and the room could use some updating. The room was not very soundproof as hallway conversations could be heard inside the room.

Very comfortable room with nice toiletries, spa robes, room safe, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, and access to pool, fitness center and spa. We enjoyed a very good dinner at Desmonds, the in-house restaurant, and Myra's Cafe, also located within the Inn, was a convenient spot for a light meal.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Queen Room

I liked everything. I was in town for a funeral so didn't really get to sample all the amenities. I hope to return. No complaints.

The pictures showed very ornate bed spreads . The room actually had white duvet covers which I prefer. So the room was better than the picture in my opinion.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

The breakfast area was in a small cafe included in the hotel, it has not the same style like the rest of the building. But you get good coffee. There is not so much you can do around the hotel except for shopping 😉

The hotel is amazing, the rooms are nicely decorated and quite big.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

We asked well in advance for a quiet room with king bed. On arrival they said all king's had been given away that morning. We were then given a twin queen "in a quiet location". We jumped out of bed in shock at 6 am to an awful roaring noise of a loud machine. Management claimed no knowledge of what it might be, but when we had breakfast in the ice cream parlour, we realized that the large and nosy extractor fan vented immediately outside our bedroom window. We were given some compensation and moved to another room. This hotel is really a large and elaborate wedding venue.

There was a wedding fair on the one evening, which we enjoyed with much amusement.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

Shower was awkward and difficult to use. No comfortable seating just two desk chairs

Bed was very comfortable. Grounds were beautiful. Staff was pleasant

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

Bed linens were not tucked and made appropriately. Big scratches on wood blinds is an eye sore and need replacing. A lot of noise in the halllway at 2 a.m. Bathroom exhaust fan does not work. Room was very dark. It doesn't have the bells and whistlesof a fine hotel. It's a glitzed up motel room. No microwave in room. No coffee in lobby till 7 a.m. Not worth $ 309. A nite.

Beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

There was NO complimentary coffee in lobby for guests who leave before the cafe opens which is at 7:00am. Only coffee available is the little pot in room with the powdered cream, ugh!

The bedroom was large, the bathroom large, the furniture beautiful. Robes in closet, that was a nice touch. Bed very comfy.

The bar was excellent and friendly. Change the photo on your website - it doesn't do it justice, it's much better in real life!

• Queen Room

was breakfast included in the room rate? if so NO ONE TOLD US and that is unacceptable

More lighting in the rooms!

This place was absolutely beautiful!!

Room was in a noisy location

Bed and pillows were very comfortable

The bar was just okay.

Location, the food was good, the shopping area was nice.

Was given early check in but room not available for 2 hours Spent 100 on buffet we did not plan on just to kill time

Over all good

Too few signs . Had to walk long distance to find lobby to sign in.

Mattress was superior.

A longer stay!

The bartender was lovely and friendly as were the restaurant and spa workers. Beds were comfortable.

N/A everything was great!

Great service. All employees were happy, courteous, friendly & helpful! 2 thumbs up!

Everything!!!!

Need more towels by the pool

Perfect place for us to stay, staff was amazing

the restaurant staff was horrible. N some of the smaller shops where closed

The grounds n rooms where very nice.

Amazing!

pool not acceptable looks like an after thought, and no jacuzzi

room and inn are clean

No nightlife

They allowed us to check in early. The couple massage was great!

I didn't have extra blanket.

Everything. I liked the bed the most.

No refrigerator or microwave in room, NO ROOM SERVICE in Christmas Day, mattresses were old.

Pretty Christmas decor

• Queen Room

TV could have more channels

Rooms are clean and comfortable

Should update rooms to accommodate newer technology

Staff is the best and it is a lovely place to stay

The bed was very comfortable. A beautiful place for a wedding.

Clean and beautiful hotel

Our room only had a small window without a view.

Beds were very comfortable. Staff was friendly. Hotel was quiet at night.

Good and quiet location, few minutes drive to Tanger Outlet and a beautiful state park, ...

It was a wedding and did a great job. Rooms were beautiful and very spacious.

• Queen Room

The grounds are beautiful, very well maintained. The room was big with high ceiling, plenty of space and clean.

Lighting in bathroom could have been better

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

over priced room and breakfast buffet

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

personal information was given out without my permission. felt unsafe

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

The bar closed early (to be fair, it was not during the season).

Rooms were excellent....great pillows, bathrooms, comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

The rooms were spacious, clean, and very comfortable. In particular, the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

The TV and cable needs to be updated. Disappointing. The beds were very uncomfortable.

The spa was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

beautiful place!

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Pillows

Very relaxing

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Shower curtain fell down only I pulled it...

Clean and comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Didn't have appointments for services that I wanted

Everything from the accommodations to food. To staff

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Room was really big, place was really beautiful and the staff was really friendly.