Reviews of The Inn at Aspen 3 stars

38750 Highway 82, Aspen, CO 81611, USA

#21 of 29 hotels in Aspen

9.7

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Hotel is beautiful, dinner in the restaurant was good, just a bit far from the main Aspen area.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We left for a White Water Raft trip from the hotel when we checked out in the morning. We found out at the last minute that we had forgotten towels and your front desk clerk was so sweet to let us take two. We returned them when we got back from out trip that afternoon.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Horrible restaurant with disrespectful service on premises - would not be back
    • Superior Studio with Sofa Bed

Horrible restaurant on premises with the worse service that we've experienced in the States. Staff disregarded our requests and insulted my mother. Hotel does not take responsibility for the lack of service at the restaurant. Would not be back to this hotel because of the lack of service at the restaurant.

Nice hotel with friendly staff in good location.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Excellent hotel and staff.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff was exceptional. When we asked for more coffee for the room, we received extra packets in under 5 minutes. We had views of the mountains from our room and it was very quiet and peaceful. When we had dinner in the restaurant we asked to be moved to a different table and the staff was very gracious. The girl that drove the shuttle to Aspen was personable and knowledgeable about the area.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Very comfortable bed and the shuttle service was very nice.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel should have continental breakfast

Very comfortable bed and the shuttle service was very nice. Also nice to have the robes when we went to the pool

The radio clock alarm in the room went off 2 hours before I...
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

The radio clock alarm in the room went off 2 hours before I needed to wake up .... could not go back to sleep ... was incredibly annoyed and tired all day.

We stopped for only one night after a fall leaf peeping day.
    • Superior Studio with Sofa Bed

We stopped for only one night after a fall leaf peeping day. It’s a little north of town but there’s a free shuttle into downtown. Free parking. Quiet.

The inn was great ,, and all the people at the desk were really wonderful, but poor food!
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The food in the BBQ grill was really poor! We chose not to eat in it a second time. I had a grilled cheese sandwich, because I am a vegetarian, and it was incredibly dry. My husband had the quarter chicken and it also was very dry, expensive food that just was not good.

The bathroom door did not shut all the way and it was glass, which I did not like! It was opaque, but not very. Also the lock was broken. But that was all that was wrong with the room.

Would stay here again.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

My girlfriend thought having a vanity separate from the toilet and bathtub/shower room would be an improvement. There are no towel bars in the bath, just a two-pronged hook. The ceiling is 9’ and the shower curtain rod is just a couple inches from the ceiling so towels and wash cloths can’t really be hung over that. I think there is one ice machine and due to the length of the building it felt like a quarter mile roundtrip to use it.

The bed was comfortable, the staff was friendly and very helpful, the location is good (and the free shuttle to downtown and Aspen Highlands/Maroon Bells is a major plus), the pool/spa area is large and appealing, particularly with the mountains in the background. Handy having a restaurant on site although we didn’t try it.

5.6
    NO SLEEP
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Was given a room with a connecting door to next room. It was locked but caused it to be like no wall. The noise level was as if I were in the other persons room. It was like having a curtain divider instead of a door. I was a single woman traveling along so did not give me and comfort knowing that door was there. The person next to me kept the TV on all night and then kept talking on a speaker phone. His phone started ringing at 5:30 in the morning non stop. Never got any sleep at all. Next time do not put people in connecting rooms unless they are connected! What a horrible expierence! When I arrived the front desk said oh we weren’t expecting you till Fri. even though I had a iPhone conformation that I showed him. He said no worries, so glad we still have accommodations, which is key word for, you are going to get a bad room. The room was big and nice, and of course I got the balcony onlooking the parking lot not the cortyard.

Nice atmosphere and friendly staff, especially the evening lady.
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

Maybe a nicer views of mountains.

The evening front staff, a very helpful and nice woman, had our laundry washed and folded and put in our room. She was very professional as well as friendly. I feel she went above and beyond with the laundry. The lobby area was so warm and had a great atmosphere.

Summer
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Located out of the city with its own grounds, pools and ski-runs. Good gym and pool with personal lockers that work off your room key. The food and night-life was great. Loved the 'cabin' style of the room decor.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

I loved the shuttle from the hotel into town.

Nothing!!

I loved the shuttle from the hotel into town. They would pick you up anywhere you were and bring you back. Even though the hotel wasn't far from the town center, they knew parking was tricky there, so having the shuttle was great!!!! The views around the hotel were breathtaking! I loved everything about my stay and will definitely be returning.

Front desk agent Laurie was amazing!
    • Superior Suite

I had An amazing stay at the hotel. Laurie the front desk agent was amazing and very helpful. She was attentive and very nice and made our stay amazing. I would definitely visit cause of her warm charisma!

Great location for visiting Maroon Bells
    • Superior Studio with Sofa Bed

The hallways were somewhat dated and there seemed to be only one elevator in an inconvenient location. We carried our bags to the second floor.

This hotel was outside of Aspen in an excellent location for visiting Maroon Bells. There was a free shuttle that would run you into town or anywhere and pick you up with a very short wait and friendly, chatty drivers. It was nice that they had tables outside under a tree so you could hang out and eat your own food comfortably. The bathrooms were recently redone, very modern and nice

This property is a great value for your money.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The ac has a hum to it, so if you’re a light sleeper, that might be an irritant. Overall the decor and furnishings are slightly dated, but they are adequate and for me, the staff’s friendliness more than made up for any aesthetic shortcomings. I heard one guest complain about water in the pipes, but I didn’t experience that in the 9 days I was there.

This property is a great value for your money. It’s located just outside of Aspen, so you’re only minutes away. There is a bus stop 50 yards from front door and the complimentary buses stop often. Additionally, they offer a free shuttle to take you to and from Aspen. I used the shuttle more than I anticipated and then the bus the few times the shuttle was going to be more than a 15 minute wait. Natural surrounding of the hotel are nice and offer hiking option literally outside the back door. While I did not use the gym or pool/hot tub I appreciate having access to these. Pool closes at 10pm and gym is 24hr (another perk). The restaurant is nice enough. Decent breakfast and great hamburgers/bbq for dinner. Bedrooms offer nice space with comfortable beds. The staff was incredible during my stay and I can’t say enough good things about them. Free shuttle to and from hotel was nice too.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Hotel and bar/restaurant are two indenpendt companies.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel and bar/restaurant are two indenpendt companies. The hotel staff was 5 star 🌟 where the bar and Resturant staff was not friendly and not very service minded, they only deserve 1 star ⭐️ For that reason I might never want to come back The hotel need to do something about this

The staff were friendly, professional, and helpful.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything was fine, but for the price we paid "fine" shouldn't be good enough. Still, it's Aspen - well, a few miles from the downtown, actually - and I guess those prices are to be expected. Ir would have made us feel a bit better if breakfast had been included in the price.

The staff were friendly, professional, and helpful. The hotel offers an on-demand shuttle to the downtown area, the airport, and anything else nearby until 11 p.m. The location, while not ideal for downtown, is great for a visit to Maroon Bells, which is a must-do.

A great place to relax
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The building and the room need a total refit Rooms are dark, lightening no sufficient Bathroom small and outdated Carpet in the corridor need to be change

Excellent location, very calm and relaxing. Great staff Excellent shuttle service to Aspen city center on demand any time with very short time waiting, never exceed 10 min Good value for money

Lovely hotel with helpful staff
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The stairwells were gloomy when walking from the ground to first floors

Great free transport between the hotel and Aspen. Makes it more than OK to be away from the town centre

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They couldn't find our reservation which was made using booking.com (first timer). It appears that the communication between booking.com and the front desk of a hotel managing check ins do not communicate very well. Took About 20minutes.... The clerk was able to check in 3 others in succession quickly before attending to us... then it took another 5 minutes to print out and sign. Then ultimately upon checking out... we did not get a receipt from booking.com as the front desk man asserted. We never did receive a balance receipt. Still looking/waiting. Superb otherwise. Pardon the length.

Hotel shuttle to the centre and back whenever you needed was...
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel is quite old, looks like everything is from the seventies.

Hotel shuttle to the centre and back whenever you needed was a great service and its only 5 minute to the centre by car.

Very comfy room.
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

The hallways and the lobby STINKS when the BBQ restaurant is open. The room didn’t smell though, which is great.

Very comfy room. The bed is super comfortable. The view from the balcony is great especially when you get the mountain view. Good value and it’s few minutes away from Aspen, airport, and Maroon Bells.

Liked it a lot
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

View out window was limited due to construction in parking area, junk/garbage and no view of mountain. Will request Mountain View if we stay again

Very nice accommodations, clean and beautiful location and friendly staff. Good breakfast. Shuttle service if wanted to downtown

Location is good.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom in our room was in a bad condition. The bath tub was horrible. House keeping staff did not come to clean the room despite of asking multiple times.

Location is good. Onsite restaurant is good.

Beautiful property!!
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Property sits in the base of Buttermilk Mountain. Enjoyed having a glass of wine sitting around the fire pit admiring the beauty of the surroundings. Room clean and bed comfortable. Staff super friendly, especially receptionist checking us in.

Awesome
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

I liked having the shuttle that would take you to town and pick you up. That way we could have some drinks on a holiday weekend and not worry about driving.

Very laid back this time of year.
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

Not a big fan of shower curtain type covers to closet area, prefer doors.

Very laid back this time of year. Location of Winter X Games at other times. Yes, the property shows some age but is well maintained and very inviting.

This hotel is located in an amazing spot steps away from the...
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hallways were run down and for the price the rooms are meh. I was informed that that they are renovating and I could see signs of that around the place. The upstairs hallways are brand new and they will renovate the the downstairs hallway later this month. When I spoke up about a negative incident I had with my room they were very responsive and refunded me my food tab. (made a big difference in my mind)

This hotel is located in an amazing spot steps away from the mountain. The lobby is beautiful (new). The staff is really friendly and there rides to the town of Aspen whenever you need them (5 min drive). Awesome (hot) pool and hot tub with views of the mountain. Restaurant had a good breakfast but the rest of the items are mostly BBQ. We went into town for other options.

Overall we had a perfect stay, it was just what we needed.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I'm guessing because it was off season, they are starting to do some updates, there was some things a little out of place in the hallways, but look forward to seeing the updates.

The room was amazing, we stayed in the King Suite for our anniversary getaway, the room was beautiful! Everything I'd hoped for! The price for the suite was very reasonable, and we especially enjoyed how quiet the hotel was.

Will 100% be back!!
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

Air conditioning was a little loud in the room

Staff very friendly and helpful! Shuttle bus to the mountain and Home Team BBQ on site is excellent! Loved it!!

The view was fantastic! I did not ski but felt like I was!
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

You could have used more cleaning staff. They were very kind. Had trouble understanding English. Had a hard time supplying the rooms with necessities.

Very well located and comfortable hotel and recommended for skiers
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

The room lighting seems to be rather dull in US hotels (as here); needs to be 'gingered 'up

The room allowed direct access to the slopes. It was quiet and comfortably furnished.

Location is perfect.
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

The bed was too soft and uneven, so me and my wife barely slept for four nights after all day of skiing. Also uncomfortable shower.

Location is perfect. Friendly and helpful people working in the hotel.

With a small upgrade to the rooms, I would definitely recommend and stay at the Inn at Aspen again.
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

The bedding and the carpet was old. Room could use an upgrade, but overall I had a wonderful time.

The food at hometown bbq was delicious and the staff at the hotel was great. It was close to downtown Aspen, and all of the ski slopes (i.e. Buttermilk, Snowmass, etc.).

Great for a family. Loved that it was a ski in ski out.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff at the front desk was extremely friendly and very helpful. Some of the staff in the restaurant could use some help.

AT times there was not enough staff and the service was slow and other days it was great.

•Staff ( friendly and helpful)
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

•And update on carpets will be good. •Pillow where kind of hard a softer pillow will be great

•Staff ( friendly and helpful) •Location •Hotel transportation is good is you don’t have a car or don’t want to pay parking • Restaurant food is really good. • good ski for beginners if you planing to ski or snowboard. Great price i will definitely book it again

Amazing stay, would definitely stay here again in the future!
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I wish they offered a continental breakfast

Very clean, cozy rooms. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful. Shuttles take you from the inn to downtown and the different ski areas. Heated pool and hot tub were a bonus! The restaurant on site was extremely tasty and offered live music and pool tables.

Great vacation and hotel for a reasonable price
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

Nothing everything was good.( just need it more snow)

Location is close to snowmass and aspen. Have a ski resort for beginners that is what i waa looking for

Exactly what we needed
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Some work needs done in rooms such as the doors in bathrooms, furniture etc but we were aware of this when we arrived and the staff were very honest about it.

Comfy beds, big room, restaurant

uncomfortable
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The dirty public restrooms, the front counter where you check in they didn't smile and hardly gave us eye contact as if we weren't valued, the restaurant that is attached " Home Team" had me wait with no one in line for 5 min to be seated with 4 employees walking around me, the restaurant serves good beverages but the BBQ is acidic and has sub part flavor, the TV in our room didn't work and they offered to move our room because they couldn't fix it, the flooring isn't finished and nasty, the walls are stripped of any color or pictures. Are they remodeling or something?

The high sealing.

I recommend this hotel. Great views and friendly staff.
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

I wish I had visited Aspen when there was more snow.

My partner and I were very satisfied with the staff. Everyone was super nice from reception to housekeeping. Exceptional service from bartender...he greeted us immediately.

Nice location, but if you are not skiing there are far better bang-for-your-buck hotels.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No food provided. Breakfast only available (for a pricey purchase) Sat and Sun.

The view was amazing from the hot tub and heated pool. Great access to the roads leading to nearby trails.

Good place to stay if you want to visit Aspen
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No breakfast, but we got what we paid for.

Very close to Maroon Bells: really saved us a great amount of time in seeing the sunrise that day. Great view: we can see the ski tracks owned by the hotel The decoration and interior of the hotel is superb too.

Nice quiet stay and not too far from town to enjoy the sites. Shuttle service was a nice perk slso
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The restaurant atmosphere was not very friendly and it was slow service. Breakfast wasn't very good

Very enjoyable place to sit outside and enjoy the weather. We stayed outside until well into the night

The pool and hot tub were nice.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The furnishings were old, room smelled musty. The desk staff seemed not to be trained in hospitality-could not be bothered to help with even small tasks. Example:there were no towels for the pool and desk staff would not get us any because he would have to fold them! We used the "courtesy bus" to go into town and had to wait over ten minutes on a corner for return pick up as we saw empty van speed past us twice. Would not stay there again.

The pool and hot tub were nice.

Great place to stay and I will return.
    • Superior Studio with Sofa Bed

The bed was comfortable, parking was great. We could park right in front of our room and exit the balcony door to the car. Room service was by request and did an excellent job. Had a small frig, but was bigger then the average hotel. With a little kitchen and table. A couch and coffee table was excellent for working. It was a pullout bed couch if needed. Didn't try it for comfort. Loved that each room had lockers for skies in a near hallway. Will use this place in the winter for sure. The restaurant on site was a BBQ restaurant. It was good and the turkey was very tender and juicy. The signature mixed drink from the bar was very nice. All the staff was professional and polite. It is near the airport and gave us ease to teavel to Snowmass and Aspen. I give it two thumbs up.

handicapped parking not apparant upon driving up to hotel, placing ticket in window is bush league
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

noise from a closet door that opened into a closed closet door from adjoining suite- loud party at 8 am and the cleaning crew tried to enter the room also at 8 :10 am- not appropriate

Very roomy. Nice staff.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I think the hotel itself is old.

Staff are very helpful. I used their shuttle a lot since I did not have a car, their shattle service was an excellent.

Nothing but fabulous!
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything was clean, the bed and pillows were amaaaazing (especially after 2 weeks of camping!), easy to get to downtown, friendly staff, great atmosphere. We were here in the summer, but if you are skiing at the mountain next to it in the winter, the location can't be beat.

Wuould highly recommend it to families on a budget. Great shuttles into town. Beautiful views
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The smell of barbecue in the halls after two weeks great family place.

I was in the process of moving from one home to another in Aspen. Inn at Aspen served my needs beautifully. Especially in the price line. Got a little tired of eating barbecue every night though excellent with a great atmishetr

A great, non-stuffy bargain lodge in Aspen.
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

There was no elevator or free breakfast, but we knew these things up front and were ok with it. The Inn is still a great place and a bargain in Aspen.

There was good coffee/expresso/hot chocolate and tea available free 24/7 in the lobby. A free shuttle was available from 7 am until 11 pm and never took more than about 10 minutes to pick us up in town. There was ice and refrigerated cold water on our floor. The bed and bath were great and the room was soundproofed so that we heard no neighbors at all. The staff members were friendly, no-attitude people. We had breakfast in the cafe one morning and it was fine, but we ate in town most of the time.

Enjoyable summertime mountain vacation
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The Inn is not located in Aspen downtown area. Since we visited in the summer and were not skiing would have preferred being closer to shops and restaurants. However, it was quiet and had a nice pool area and restaurant on site. I had a balcony, but no chairs. The rooms were clean, comfortable beds and well equipped. Staff was helpful and friendly. They do have a shuttle to downtown Aspen which was very nice since traffic into Aspen is a nightmare.

What, no room service??!
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I could NOT believe that they didn't have room service. What kind of hotel doesn't have room service? Also, there was no bellman to take our luggage to the rooms and we were with one individual who was very limited mobility-wise - very inconvenient.

Comfy beds and great pillows

Wonderful!
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

One restaurant caused us to walk out due to it being "off-season", the interest to serve us timely was not experienced. We chose to take our money elsewhere.

Reasonable, tasty food at the restaurants we frequented.

Amazing place
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The view was amazing. It was out of town just a bit but had a shuttle that took you where ever you wanted. The rooms are large & spacious. Loved it!

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Nice place but not on the Forbes list for front desk service.
    • Superior Studio with Sofa Bed

Asked for a room with a view and was given a blocked view of a wall. Employee could care less and was not fully booked. As I drove from Toronto was hoping for a little more understanding. Left and decided not to ski.

Pool and bar were nice as was the inside of the Inn. Also had a shuttle and was great not to pay parking fees.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Very enjoyable holiday
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

Terrible restaurant. No veges on the menu, no simple fresh dishes. It is a greasy tex mex BBQ style, no fresh food for breakfast. We bought a toaster and brek supplies at the supermarket and ate out every night. Rooms are tired and dated but warm clean and comfortable.

Amazing location - ski to your room is hard to beat beneath a beautiful mountain. The staff were so welcoming and friendly and the complimentary delivery and pick up whenever we wanted to and from town was great.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Great place to stay and ski right there.
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

There is a little bit of a smell of mold on the first floor. To who is sensitive and can detect the smell make sure you book your room on the second floor.

Location is perfect. Ski lift right there. Very well organized rentals. Restaurant is nice and food was delicious.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Loacation location!
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast buffet is no longer available due to change of ownership.restaurant is expensive.hotel shuttle doesnt go to Snowmass, just aspen. Have to take local transit.

Location is amazing, slopeside and a 5 minute drive from the airport. Spacious rooms with plenty of storage.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Great Location, Horrible Staff
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was not helpful at all and super unfriendly. They were unable to provide us with information on the mountain shuttle transfer and even provided us with the incorrect information for the town shuttle, which caused us to be stranded. Also, we left to go skiing for the day and when we came back at 5pm, housekeeping was just getting to our room to clean it. When you are paying this much for a hotel, this type of service is just not expectable.

The location is great!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Moderate resort outside Aspen
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The halls are similar to a college dorm. Rooms have comfortable beds and good linens. But overall facilities are just ok.

This hotel is a little far outside Apsen at the base of Buttermilk Mountain Resort. During X-games it is THE place to be. But in the off-season, it is pleasant, but should be at a moderate price. There is a shuttle, but the schedule is erratic.

The bathroom pipes mad a knocking noise throughout the night.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom pipes mad a knocking noise throughout the night.

Great bed and large room.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Onsite restaurant portions where small and expensive. It must be noted that it operates separately from hotel!

Great bed and large room.

Very nice to have the pickup and drop off service for going...

Pillows were atrocious

Very nice to have the pickup and drop off service for going into town

Fantastic

We loved it!

awesome hotel in an awesome place
    • One-Bedroom Suite

had to leave two days early my daughter who was with me got sick...

everything was awesome wished i lived there

From the shuttle at airport to the end of our stay the hotel and staff were great
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Like any hotel, needs more coffee in room. One regular and one decaf just isn’t enough.

Price and location were very key

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The staff was tremendous
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

The air conditioner was an old style one that made a lot of noise

The staff was tremendous

Fantastic hotel, great facilities, location was great, the...
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Fantastic hotel, great facilities, location was great, the shuttle service really handy too. Would definitely highly recommend!

Very enjoyable stay!
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wish it was walking distance to town

Clean, comfortable and friendly

Very mediocre facility
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rude front desk staff on the night shift....a man and a woman were both inappropriate

Very mediocre facility

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Staff

Bed was not comfortable

Staff

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Home Team
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Expensive for very ordinary room, tiny bathroom, no amenities

Home Team Shuttle Helpfulness of staff

Adequate.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Worst service in dining room for breakfast and order to go. I do not expect them to stay in business.

Rooms were clean. Pool area was very nice.

Nice hotel in Aspen area with great shuttle service to downtwon Aspen
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nice property, pleasant staff, and great shuttle service into downtown Aspen.