Reviews of The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel 4 stars

3600 Sansom Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA

#18 of 75 hotels in Philadelphia

Check in gentleman was very aloof and uninterested. Red armchair had almost gray areas to due wear and tear. Air conditioning never reached the desired temperature all night. Staff is all very aloof and not forthcoming.

Location and general esthetics

No street parking... But that's Philly.

It is beautiful, cozy, clean and luxurious. Booked another hotel for day 1 of my weekend getaway, but I wish I did 2 or 3 nights here.

NOTHING 🤣

THE STAFFS WERE AMAZING. VALET, BELLMAN, SECURITY, CHEFS, WAITERS/WAITRESSES, LAST BUT NOT LEAST, THE FRONT DESK TASK SO PROFESSIONAL. HAD BOOKED FOR 3 NIGHTS BUT HAD TO BE AT WORK SUNDAY MORNING SO I HAD TO CANCEL THE 3RD NIGHT. FORTUNATELY I WAS ABLE TO DO SO WITHOUT BEING CHARGED.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Booking.com cookies routed us from conference website to this hotel when it was 2 miles from convention center. Must not have accepted booking.com at more convenient hotels due to demand. Had to cab and uber or long walk. Convenient only to universities.

Concierge,desk,and valet staff were all very helpful. Showed us how to uber. Comfortable bedding. Bathroom was spalike. Spacious fridge for drinks and leftovers. Complimentary water.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I have stayed at the Inn at Penn several times over the past three years and it is one of my favorite Hotels. The rooms are lovely, everything is clean, beds are great. But the staff makes the place special - very professional and really nice people. Many of the staff have been present every time I have stayed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast, with an irregular quality of service (the first morning, it was great, the second, it was patchy at best) Lack of ventilation in the bathroom Curtains do not fully cover the windows, and therefore blinking flashes (from the hospital nearby ?) were going thru the room at night

Excellent location, size of the room

I didn't like that the property doesn't have microwaves in the rooms without charge. I didn't like that our bathroom floor boards, back door window panel, walls and shower floor hinge was filthy. I should have taken photos. I would never expect this in a Hilton property. I pay for comfort and cleanliness and cleaniness in the bathroom was unacceptable.

I really enjoyed the staff. All staff were very accomodating, helpful and friendly. The decor throughout the hotel is beautiful. Each night we had a quiet and restful night's sleep. Will definitely return.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was disappointing to find out your restaurant was closed as we needed to stay close by the hotel for the night and no food was available. We found the woman at the information desk to be distracted and not interested in our situation or needs. She gave a rote response to anyone looking for a meal and told us to go to Pod (the restaurant next door) despite us requesting vegetarian food. (fish is NOT vegetarian!) We were on our own to find a decent vegetarian restaurant within walking distance. She gave us the distinct impression we were bothering her when we came over to ask a question. Also, the sliding glass door to the bathroom lets light in to the room which wakes up the people trying to sleep.

We liked the comfort of the beds, the softness of the sheets and the modern sink and faucet in the bathroom.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Late room service with missing sausages. Overcharged for breakfast. This was rectified at check out.

Friendly and accommodating check-in and check-out staff. Gave us umbrellas to use during our trip.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Valet parking -- the only option -- was so expensive! Other than that, can't really complain. A good visit.

Staff was really nice -- from the valet/front door guy to the check in folks. Very impressed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room service came fast and food good but people answering phone rude all 3 Times Every other person we encountered was Great though

They let me check in extra early my flight was from Far was helpful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I would not do a printout of the guests to check them in for breakfast...there's got to be an easier way...the restaurant hostess got inundated with guests and it felt awkward as she looked through her binder of pages to find our name for breakfast.

The rooms are so nice and quiet. The service was great, too.

I was surprised that a hotel of that quality did not have a dining room. Still don't understand that.

The breakfast I had was cold, cold, cold. It was scrambled eggs and asparagus. I also had bacon and a banana. I did not complain about the food and I certainly should have. I was one of the first in the restaurant so the food really should not have been so cold. The table service was very good. Oh yes, I did the buffet not off the menu.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The salad I ordered in the Living Room had a funny taste and did not have the right proportion of ingredients. It was cold in the dining area near the fireplaces as well. The charge for breakfast is ridiculous, especially for children.

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The location is excellent for those visiting U Penn, and the lobby is comfortable and inviting.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

From start to finish, we felt like appreciated guests. From the moment you walking in, the staff is attentive to your needs and comfort. Genuinely so. The room was spacious. Beds comfortable. Free wi-fi. Decent coffee and cream in room. Solid gym. Most importantly, if we had a question or needed help, staff bent over backwards to make it happen. After several days of college visits, it was wonderful to end the trip at a hotel where we could relax and not worry about a thing.

The facility was in the tail end of renovation but did not effect our experience.

The Staff was helpful and polite. The rooms were attractive and comfortable .

Ongoing renovations were not highlighted at the time of the booking. Room service was not at par from service perspective - took 20minutes to get through and the person taking the order was very abrupt.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Location was perfect as we were spending time on campus. Hotel was great and they had found good work around during their renovations to make sure services were maintained.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No microwave or kettle in the room No washing machine

Hotel is located within the University of Pennsylvania campus and is about 2 minutes walk to the trolley stop which makes travelling convenient to the heart of the city centre or to the 30th street train station. The room is modern and well renovated though first impression of the hotel when one steps into the property may you off off as there are renovation works being carried out within the hotel and the walk to the reception on the 3rd floor is not so pleasant.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The reception is in complete renovation actually thier is no reception and no entrance and the hotel and booking never mention about that finally we are cheated

Rooms only inside are nice

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

the staff could use more training though the hotel had great facility.the staff were no where near the expectation. The bathroom wasn't cleaned to expection, room service orders came with hair in the philly steak sandwich with a part of the mayonnaise plastic cover within it

Great hotel, location

We had an issue with our room keys. Even after they were reissued, they still didn't work and we had to go back to Guest Services (yet again) to have the keys reprogrammed. The staff were most apologetic.

I particularly liked sitting in the living room, relaxing by the fire.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing that would have made it any better would have been free parking.

The room was very clean and comfortable. All the staff were very nice and helpful. Close to pretty much everything including a just a 5 min ride to the zoo.

The desk lamp and bed side lamp seemed to automatically shut down during particular time periods. I got engineers to look over them but it did not seem to work.

Clean and tidy room, firm and comfortable mattress, excellent facilities, friendly staff, good location right in the middle of UPenn campus, easy to walk to anywhere in university city. Movie theaters and a lot of restaurants nearby.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The offered tablet was not charged when we got there. Also the pocket door to the bathroom had a lot of dust on it. Needs cleaned.

Location and ease of parking were awesome. Nice they offered tablets in the room for convenience.

They charged me $103 more than the agreed booking.com price. Check that hotel bill very carefully before you check out! They did not react to emails afterwards.

Our car was damaged by the valet parking service.. would not accept responsibility, and conveniently couldn't see the damage on their tapes

Staff was pleasant, room was nice

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not like they prices they charge to park your vehicle in their lot. Little ridiculous considering you’re already staying at their establishment.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

To geto the main lobby , you have to walk in the hotel and then take the elevator to the next floor or walk up a flight of stairs. It can be confusing if no staff is around

This hotel goes on the list of all the hotels I have stayed at. The location was amazing. I took ubers while in Philly and never paid more than $12.00. I was able to order complimentary items from the iPad in the room which was awesome. The staff was also very courteous. I also loved the Peter Thomas Roth products in the bathroom.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only snack food vending machine was on our floor & out of order, for an evening snack or breakfast coffee cake. Went to eat in restaurant Sunday for brunch, to find it closed.

Lovely Bathrooms, bottom of tub a little too gritty for baths. Loved the terry robes. Liked that housekeeping didn't come through knocking on doors down the hallways, in the morning, like in some hotels. Nice surprise to find free parking back side of hotel along street.

The staff was very accommodating and helped us with anything we needed! They checked in with us quite a bit to make sure we were satisfied or to ask if we needed anything. The food was great, the rooms were clean and would highly recommend this hotel! Thank you!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Allergy Friendly

Friendly staff, especially the Bell man. We arrived before noon and our room was not ready so we went to lunch and the Front Desk texted us to notify us when the room was ready. The room was immaculate and very comfortable for our family. Also, Front Desk texted us after the first 24hrs to inquire how our stay was going. The valet service was prompt and courteous every time we needed our vehicle.

The room was big and very comfortable.from top to bottom the staff were very knowledgeable,friendly and always greeted you with a smile. I would recommend this to my family and friends .Plus it's right in the middle of all the fun and excitement

• King Pure Allergy Friendly

your rate for the room was much higher than what I was able to get directly at the hotel!! Hotel great this ap cost me money

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I thought the price was a little higher than the service they offered.

Great location in the middle of University City. Adequate street parkings. Many restaurants around.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Wi Fi in room kept cutting out, requiring endless typing of ID and password to get back in.

Staff. Ambience. Public areas. Room. Breakfast area and fine food.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The in room coffee maker had a small malfunction (when set for 1 cup, hot water dribbled out of the spigot for the other cup, too), and the mini fridge didn't work. It wasn't a big deal, and the hotel staff would've fixed it in a minute had I bothered to ask them to.

The mattress was very good, better than expected at a hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

had to change rooms twice. The first time because it smelled like a smoking room even though the hotel is "100% non smoking" and the second time because the whole room smelled of chemicals. They gave me a hard time in order to find a third room which would be acceptable. Not very friendly!!!

the breakfast was excellent

• King Pure Allergy Friendly

The staff at the reception very unfriendly, totally not interested or helpful. We had asked a room with two beds via Booking.com, we got a room with one bed ! They could not really be bothered to even try and see if they still had a room with two beds. No friendliness. I have stayed here many times. Had no problems really before.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Stafff was not supervised properly. Walking up stairs with our own bags, and a staff member walking past and not going freeing to help. The hostess at restaurant in the morning was organized and barked at everyone. When checking out it took 30 minutes to find a parking attendant and front desk did not help. No one else was checking out and no one else was waiting for their car. Front desk had no sense of urgency

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Unable to have a cot in a double room. Hard to control the temp in the room.

Location. We were on a trip to visit Drexel which is in walking distance. Very helpful and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Smart lights not so smart. Had to have someone come to the room late at night as power kept going off of my noise maker. Heat turned off too and I was freezing!

Location. Staff.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Interior in room getting a little old Price on the high side compared to other hotels in university city and downtown Phily

Friendly staffs at concierge & breakfast restaurant Fresh home-made oatmeal everyday at breakfast & buffet omelette bar Comfortable bed Spacious room Efficient service in replacing malfunctioning TV & bath towels hook in bathroom Convenient location at the center of UPenn

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Can't think of anything.

I was there to run the Philadelphia Marathon but I wanted some low impact sight seeing and places to eat the day before. Being In University City was perfect. And when I arrived early on a "red eye" flight from the west coast they gave me early check-in, even though I didn't ask--or pay--for it. I go to Philly a few times a year for personal and professional reasons. This is now my home-away-from-home in the City of Brotherly Love.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Excellent location for University of Pennsylvania and Philadelphia in general. We enjoyed the cozy leather sofas in the lounge area, where we could relax while we waited to meet our son, who is in school here. The room was spacious and the staff excellent. We look forward to returning soon!

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I got bit in my sleep. I think it was bed bugs because there are about 15 bites on me around my neck, chest, & shoulder area. To me that says the hotel is not clean.

The hotel itself looked really nice when I first arrived

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

One corner light was out, making reading hard...called desk, said it was fixed while we were at dinner, wasn't, called again...by the time took our word that it needed a new bulb, passed reading time. Single light on side of bed makes it hard to read it bed. No glass for bathroom. Shower needs guide book.

Bed was excellent, room clean, TV multichannel great and internet flawless or almost...coffee in am downstairs and concierge always helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

If the restaurant was open earlier or the living room, it would have been a plus.

Location was awesome to everything. Our visit was to see my niece at Drexel. Very convenient location.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room was not cleaned when we returned at 4:30 after being out all day. Very upset. Do not expect that to ever happen!

The buffet breakfast was terrific. Room was comfortable and location is excellent.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The Hotel is loacted just at the Penn campus and not far from the city. Excellent to visit the campus. nice facilities and rooms. Recommended palce to stay

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Valet parking was only option. Because we needed our car several times during our stay, this proved inconvenient.

Private, convenient To University of Pennsylvania. Rooms were very clean and well-appointed.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

The upgrades to the Inn @ Penn (since my last stay many years ago) were great! The room was wonderful and the staff was very helpful. I will definitely come back again!

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

A Room with 2 Queen Beds instead of Double Beds, a Microwave.

Loved the shower, and the helpfulness of the Staff. I asked if it would be OK if I brought my bicycle into the room. I was told No Problem, Go ahead. I was there to participate in the Tour de Shore.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

You never get a second chance to make a first impression! Be aware that the parking is $43 a night, immediately increasing the cost of my stay by 20%! On the heels of that disappointment, I was apologetically told that my room wasn't ready (at 6 pm!!!) and that they would text me. Which they didn't. Next time I'm going back to the Hilton at Penn's Landing.

Crazy eclectic room decor, a blend of traditional furniture, to mod, to contemporary steel and glass touches. IPod in room was a bonus. Most of the staff was very accomodating. Food choices are slight, but good in the area if you can find them.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Expensive for parking and it's only valet option.

Great location next to Penn, close to train station and great restaurant options. Also rooms were great. Nicely updated and decent size. Even near elevator rooms were quiet.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I don't think parking should be $41/night I think that's taking advantage. $20/night would even be acceptable.

Rooms were great, beds were great, no complaints

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff is very nice . went out of their way to get me a free early check in and checked on me to make sure everything was OK Breakfast is great and the lady servicing was warm, friendly . Room clean and comfortable. Great location if Penn is where you want to access

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The gentleman working in valet were awesome! Super friendly, courteous and hard working! I think every staff member we passed said, "hello" or greeted us and asked us how our stay was and if they could do anything for us. In room iPads were convenient and helpful! Overall, we were treated like royalty!

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Everything was great!

This hotel is beautiful. In a great location. The bed was super comfortable. The bathroom is my dream bathroom, so modern. Everybody at the hotel was so friendly! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Bed extra comfy

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking situation was a bit confusing.

Room coffee maker did not work we like a cup of coffee in the room when we wake up

Bathroom lighting options and shower

Staff very friendly.

very expensive

location to university was great

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Loved the library where you could relax or have food and wine and the location next to University of Pennsylvania!

Much better than a typical Hilton. The rooms were larger, the beds were better, the bathroom was better. Breakfast was very good as well.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was courteous and very professional. It was great

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

floor at entrance needed more vacuuming

nice view of university city. bed very comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Ac filter was very dirty and the shower had very light pressure also drinks and food was over priced

Staff was very nice

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Billing problems were an issue. Jovan helped but could not get resolved immediately.

Location was key. Very clean.

Room needed humidity, too dry.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed was really comfortable and the front desk employees very solicitious.

Awesome room , excellent food from Pod restaurant

Everything was great

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had to pay for overnight parking at hotel.

The hotel was new, clean and comfortable. All staff were extremely hospitable.