Reviews of The Iroquois New York 4 stars

49 West 44th Street, New York, NY 10036, USA

#50 of 415 hotels in New York

Centrally Located, Personal Hotel
    • One-Bedroom Suite

almost ran out of toilet paper. safe on closet floor.. difficult to access, dark.

Clean bathroom, plenty of towels. comfortable beds. Perfect location!

Location near Grand Central was perfect for going to the US Open!
    • Superior Queen Room

The room was very small but there is nothing you can do about that.

Vanessa, the concierage, was incredible. She was spot on with restaurant recommendations, both casual and evening dining, recommended great little-known museums, explained the bus and subway systems, etc. The location is perfect. The room, even though very small, was very clean and attractively updated.

A very good place to stay in Midtown

The negatives - on the day I arrived both the restaurant and the bar were shut, so your choices then become either the Blue Bar at The Algonquin (which must have the worst barman in the city) or The Royalton across the street (a much better option). Also, the elevators are not the fastest in the world.

The positives - great location, very comfortable rooms, well equipped and really friendly, helpful staff

Very nice hotel!
    • Deluxe Two Double Beds

Perfect location if you want to walk to the theatre district, great restaurants, shopping, parks, sites. Comfortable and clean rooms. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Concierge was excellent! Will definitely return to the Iroquois!

This was our second time staying at the Iroquois.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

This was our second time staying at the Iroquois. We first stayed here for our 25th wedding anniversary. What a nice surprise they had for us - chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of wine! We really like the location and have stayed at other hotels on the same block (you can’t beat it for the proximity to broadway). But what really keeps us coming back to the Iroquois is their hospitality.

Nice hotel in excellent location
    • Superior Queen Room

The room was quiet small and it could have been a little larger.

Nice clean and comfortable room, friendly staff and above all the location of this hotel was fantastic.

The bed was comfortable.
    • Superior Queen Room

Many dealbreakers: There were little flies in the room when we first got the room. The hotel is very old and has not been renovated for a long time. Carpets and walls were dirty, the room smells terrible, kinda smells like urine. Elevator is old and scary. One of the staff, probably he was the security guy at the reception, was extremely rude. When I said that I didnt want to use the old elevator, he shouted at me. Other staff, especially the cleaning staff, were nice and kind. I arrived 2 hours before the check-in and I was told that I have to wait for 3 hours in the lobby although some rooms were available. Then I was told I can get a room if I choose to upgrade. I did it and I was upgraded to a smaller and worse room. In other words, if you arrive before check in time, they basically charge a lot more and they downgrade your room.

The bed was comfortable. Location is OK, other then these two it was very disappointing. Dont ruin your New York trip..it doesn’t worth the price.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

A very pleasant stay, but potentially a fancier vibe than what my family were expecting.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

- Restaurants in the area were naturally quite touristy and/or expensive (we found that the 'cool' food spots were generally outside of Midtown) - Hotel restaurant was quite fancy - Room had very limited space for luggage etc. (a hallmark of most NYC hotels I believe) - The hotel staff were very accommodating but seemed a little pretentious at times

- Close proximity (walking distance) to many tourist attractions - Well-maintained and nicely decorated rooms - Minimal noise from room (inward facing) - Complimentary chocolate covered strawberries and wine upon arrival for my birthday

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Perfect! Certainly recommend & would definitely stay there again

Cannot fault anything

Lovely Hotel, modern, clean & comfortable. So central, near Times Square, Rockefeller Centre & Empire States Building. Our room was gorgeous, spacious & spotless. I stayed for a full week with my two children (12 &10). We could not fault the place. Friendly & helpful staff, wifi, air-con & quiet room too.

Indulgent luxury stay in glorious NYC to celebrate my 55th birthday!
    • Superior Queen Room

We were never able to have a drink at the Triomphe bar, which was far quieter and less pretentious than the Lantern Keep

The hotel is perfectly situated to access top sights, shopping and restaurants. The room was comfortable and had quality fittings. We were treated to birthday sweets which was very thoughtful

No need to stay anywhere else in New York.
    • Premium King Room

There wasn't anything I didn't like.

I loved that The Iroquois is a smaller boutique hotel, which means you got a more personalised service. The room I had was spacious by New York standards (Premium King Room), the bed was large and comfortable and the bathroom was also clean with lots of natural light. The doorman were so friendly and helpful as were the front desk staff. The coffee in the library in the mornings was a lovely touch when you're waiting for pick-ups, as was the cold water in the afternoons. There was a turn-down service in the evenings with chocolates on the pillow and plugs were plentiful in the room and next to the bed. It's a great location as it's close enough to Times Square to see a show and there are numerous restaurants, cafes and shops nearby.

Hitel Iroquois

Nothing perfect hotel.

Small hotel quiet location 5 mins from Bryant Park; 2 mins from 5th Avenue supermarket and shops; 7 mins walk to Times Square; beautiful bed linen nicest I have ever slept on; chocolates delivered every night; tea/coffee/newspapers available in Library super friendly helpful staff who really went out of their way to assist with any queries about getting places. Rooms are not huge but that's to be expected in NY and the lift was always there never ever had to wait for it top hotel we will be back. Room was at back looking out to another building but it was v quiet which was what we wanted could get all the noise during the day when out and about.

We loved the boutique feel of the hotel!
    • Deluxe Two Double Beds

We loved the boutique feel of the hotel! The staff was amazing and attentive. Our room had been renovated so you felt the provenance of the hotel but had modern conveniences like A/C (important in July), beautiful bathroom fully equipped, tons of outlets, etc!!! We loved being able to go down to the lobby every morning to enjoy a cup (or 2) of coffee and grab a fruit infused cup of water throughout the day. Since the hotel is smaller it's not crowded and the staff gets to know you more than they typically do at a larger hotel. The location is perfect if you plan to see a lot of theater like us and there are several quaint restaurants on the block to choice from. We definitely enjoyed grabbing a drink and charcuterie board in the bar before heading out for the evening- Alfonso was the best! After checkout we were asked if we would like a cab or a private car- we took the private car as it was a Suburban with a ton of room and the rate to JFK was $80 including tolls and tip! Definitely recommend this hotel for adults.

Excellent stay
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had a room for 3 people with only half a wardrobe and one drawer. There was not enough space to unpack all of our clothes. This didn't deflect our enjoyment at all but different furniture may be helpful. We didn't have much of a view with the escape stairs and numerous buildings but it's to be expected in a city centre hotel.

A fantastic location close to Times Square and Rockefeller centre. Thr subway is only a 5 minute walk from the hotel to get you to the further attractions of Manhattan. All staff were friendly and courteous. Not often seen in New York. We arranged airport shuttle from Newark through the hotel which was seamless. The hotel is exactly as described and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to anyone travelling to New York who wants a central base. I would definitely choose this hotel again for any further trips to New York

Very happy with hotel, really central so could access shops, subway, hop on/off bus
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Could have done with more storage for clothes ie a small chest of drawers

Lots of fresh clean towels and sheets every day. Extremely helpful and efficient staff

Three Nights of Theater
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I last stayed at the Iroquois over thirty years ago. I chose it this trip because its ratings were quite high and because I got a great rate. Those are good reasons, mind you. However, I realized during the course of my stay that the Iroquois was a boutique hotel before boutique hotels were chic. All the staff were pleasant and helpful. However, John, one of the valets, went out of his way to help me. He helped make this my new go-to hotel in New York. (Didn't expect that when I booked the reservation!)

Highly recommendable!
    • Superior Queen Room

The air conditioning was a little noisy (although very effective). However, temperatures were extremely high during our stay.

The Iroquois is in a great location within walking distance of many of New York’s iconic places. By New York standards it is a small hotel, just 12 floors. Our room was larger than expected and very comfortable. Our stay was enhanced by the friendliness & professionalism of the staff.

A great stay, good hotel and helpfull staff
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel it’s very well located, very clean, quite and staff was very polite & helpful. On our request we chose another room that feets our needs and the staff helped us in this way. We stayed for 10 nights, and we had a very plesant stay. Even they were doing some maintenance work in some area of the hotel everything wad very clean and quite with a lot of care for their customers. They have a good management.

I like the hotel, The good certainly out weighs the negative.
    • Premium King Room

The lighting was poor. There was no hooks in the bathroom. Not enough space to use toiletries effectively. Safe was not located in a useful spot. These things can easily be rectified, for a much better overall experience.

The bed was very comfy. The staff very attentive. The coffee good. Very convenient location.

Beautiful hotel, perfect location, really comfortable room!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

We would have liked a lounge area, somewhere to sit and work, or relax. The 'library' by the lobby was small and dark.

Beautiful hotel, perfect location, really comfortable room!

Elegant Hotel in Great Location
    • Superior Queen Room

The rates were sky high when we were there. Not their fault, but still. We have stayed in many NYC hotels and know that rooms are small but this one was extremely small. Still comfortable though. The elevator was also painfully slow. But the staff was trying hard.

This is a lovely old hotel, beautifully redone. Location in terms of access to public transportation and to theatre, and there are several excellent restaurants very nearby.

Would not recommend the Iroquois, as I do not believe you get VFM. Not 4 star
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was too small. Not enough wardrobe space, especially if staying for more than 2 nights, and we were there for 5 - not good. Room was not particularly clean, very dusty and despite being cleaned each day, some furniture items were missed. 5 star prices but in my opinion a 3 star hotel.

Bed was comfy

Great stay
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Fantastic location, very close to Times Square without the noise of actually being in Times Square. Lovely, very helpful staff, room was a good size and was cleaned every day. Would definitely recommend this property.

This is a gem of a hotel

All good.

The service at this boutique hotel is great - special thanks to Shade at the front desk, Matt and Seth at the concierge desk. Awesome team who made my experince great. Nothing is too much trouble and everything is done with a smile.

We arrived and our air conditioning did not work in our room.
    • Superior Queen Room

We arrived and our air conditioning did not work in our room. I contacted the front desk twice and a technician arrived. He was unable to fix the problem so we were moved to a much larger room that was very well cooled.

A perfect time in NYC in a truly beautiful hotel.
    • Deluxe Two Double Beds

The breakfast was one of the best I've ever had. And the bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel is lovely and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. I had a perfect stay and will certainly be returning.

Great location, excellent staff, confortable bed, concierge gave excellent dining recommendations.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Bathroom was small. Could hear construction outside and inside building at times.

Location. Boutique hotel atmosphere. Outstanding staff and service. Comfortable bed.

A great hotel with fantastic staff in the heart of New York!
    • Superior Queen Room

Location was absolutely fantastic - it was our first time in New York and being able to walk to most tourist attractions made our trip more enjoyable. The staff at the hotel were always very helpful and polite. The room was spotless!

The Outstanding Location of this hotel is only surpassed by the Professionalism of it's Staff!
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

As the stay was much more than I expected, I can't think of any criticism to offer.

The staff at this hotel is outstanding. It was so refreshing to step into this hotel after a day of hustle and bustle in the city. Did I mention Quiet? It is a great place to recharge after a day out sightseeing. I did not meet one rude person. I only encountered courteous staff asking if we needed anything to make our stay better. The location is outstanding! It is literally only blocks from the Theatre District, Time Square and Grand Central Station.I met other travelers who were on their eighth stay at the facility! I now know why. When I return to NYC, this will be the first call I make for reservations.To Shade,Carlos, Amanda, Seth, Olner and Vanessa my sincere thanks.You treated my family like we were your family. We could not have asked nor expected more than that.

excellent. will come back.
    • Superior Queen Room

room size - some rooms are really small. nevertheless, with extra pay, the rooms become reasonably sized.

Perfect location, Caring Staff, Small but renovated rooms

Great staff.
    • Superior Queen Room

Great staff. Great location. Rooms are being upgraded and we had a new one, very nice! It is an old building originally so the bathroom is a little tight but a good shower. Would stay again!

Perfect
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Loved everything about this hotel. The staff were amazing, the room was clean and comfortable, the location was perfect and we walked everywhere. Close to everything yet quiet and cosy enough for a good night's sleep. Highly recommended.

Wonderful!!!
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The main elevator made strange groans and shook between floors 2-4. The staff reported this to maintenance. Other than that everything was perfect.

Excellent food at the Iroquois also the bar was excellent. The best G & T I ever had. The hotel staff is exceptional.

Perfect stay in midtown Manhattan with excellent service.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

No view but not important as we were out and about in NYC. Minor issue over a room service breakfast bill that was corrected.

Very comfortable smaller property in European style with excellent location in quiet area just off Times Square. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Lovely restaurant in the hotel and next door. We were celebrating my daughter's birthday and greatly appreciated the welcome fruit plate and bottle of wine. Loved the hotel bar with their unique cocktails!

Small and friendly, quiet and clean. Close to Bryant Park and Times Square.

Small and friendly, quiet and clean. Close to Bryant Park and Times Square. Rooms on the small side but perfect for business travel. There's a famous cocktail lounge tucked in the back that's simply amazing.

Great position, friendly staff & wonderful stay
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom was tiny but functional

Hot cider in the lobby was really nice after a cold day outside. Chocolate turndown service was welcomed too! They also left me a complimentary bottle of red wine, which was delicious!

Smaller hotel with less stress and bustle. I love the historical aspect of the building

See comments above

Always stay here when in town. However, this time I was given a tiny room with older furnishings next to the elevator. (The room was so small,I got claustrophobic). I asked for a different room thinking I stay here often, they'd accommodate. But no, they were fully booked and couldn't provide another room. I will say, the next day opened up and I was given a room far exceeding my expectations next to the James Dean suite (cool!). Morale of the review? Room quality differs greatly. If you want the best rooms, ask for 8th floor which was redone recently.

The most comfortable bed ever!
    • Superior Queen Room

I never knew about this hotel before or would have stayed on my previous visit 10days earlier.

The staff were helpful, friendly & gave a personalized service. The bed was extremely comfortable & the room was warm & quiet - my best nights sleep in weeks!

Comfortable hotel in a great location
    • Superior Queen Room

WiFi was slow and unreliable in the rooms - OK in the reception/lobby area. room was small for two people especially - but not much they can do about that I guess.

staff were all very helpful and considerate

A beautiful hotel in a great location.
    • Superior Queen Room

No view. A bit of noise from doors opening/closing.

Bed very comfy. Great location. Staff fantastic and extra helpful! Free apples. Gym good. Room was pretty good size compared to other hotels. Definitely stay again!!

Friendly people, terrific property!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Everything was fine and will stay at this property the next time in NYC.

The property was central located to shopping, restaurants, clubs and transportation.

Excellent- a long weekend to remember - New York and the Iroquois delivered on all fronts
    • Superior Queen Room

My only suggestion would be to put tea/coffee making facilities in the room - rather than in the reception area. A lot of space is taken up in the room by a tray of additional items you can purchase. Make these items available in reception for when needed - and use the space for a small coffee machine. It was a little tiresome to come down from the 12th floor at 7am when we wanted our first cup! Otherwise everything was ideal.

Very comfortable rooms - although small, which is to be expected, city centre. We had everything we could possibly want and the staff were more than friendly and helpful - exceptionally so. Location could not be better - easy walking to anywhere we wanted to go.

Great hotel in a central location
    • Superior Queen Room

Location could not have been better! Right in the centre of Mid-town with lots of good restaraunts within a few minutes walk. Breakfst was good but a tad expensive - did not have dinner in the hotel. Staff were super friendly. Restaurant was closed Sunday evening but Amanda on reception came up trumps with a suggestion for a Japanese close by. Room was very quiet. Would reccomend the Iroqouis to anybody!

Great location in an expensive area
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The TV's are useless. You can get a list of channels but there is no guide telling you what is on each channel at any given time during the day and worst of all the management don't care.

Friendly saff

Location was excellent.
    • Superior Queen Room

Room was quite small (but perfectly adequate).

Location was excellent. Close to Times Square and shopping (and not too far from Central Park). Concierge was very helpful and friendly.

Happy Days in the Iroquois NYC
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything was fantastic- if only all hotels could be like the Iroquois!

Amazing hotel from the front of house staff to the turn down service with chocolates- just amazing. Outstanding air conditioning (in August!), excellent WiFi. Our room had been recently renovated to a very, very high standard and was just wonderful. The location is perfect with easy walking to Times Square, Macy's, Empire State, Intrepid Museum, central park , fifth avenue are also all a nice walk. Free coffee in lobby every morning is a nice touch!

This a wonderful place to stay to be near the theater district.
    • Superior Queen Room

The bar opens too late and not at all on Sunday! Really?

Very reasonable rates for a great location and wonderful accommodations. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was lovely and they provide vegetable based toiletries. The staff was very helpful and I felt special in their care. Breakfast in Triomphe was great! Try out the xylophone on the front desk. Fun!

overrated hotel. better hotels for same price nearby
    • Superior Queen Room

rooms extremely small, bathrobe dirty, no real light in room , under renovation when i visited. i am surprised about high rating, hotel very average, extremely pricey and no one - including booking.com warned about renovation. as a result, massive noise early morning outside my door.

A great trip to the Big Apple

The hotel had friendly front desk staff. The room was spacious and had great climate control. Great location and surprisingly quiet rooms considering its location. Both slept well.

The staff were accommodating and welcoming, and the rooms...
    • Superior Queen Room

There were loud vacuuming noises in the hallway everyday at 9. The breakfast at the the restaurant downstairs was barely average and highly overpriced.

The staff were accommodating and welcoming, and the rooms were clean. When the first room we stayed in had trouble with the air conditioning they were very prompt in changing rooms to new ones.

Great location and super staff!
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

No central light in the bedrooms which made the room a little too dark to read.

A lovely hotel, well located, with fabulous staff. Reasonable sized rooms for New York, no view, but not every room can have a view and I accept that. Coffee available, but as I preferred a good strong specialty coffee, the coffee shop across the road was excellent, if pricey.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Reasonably priced and well located in the city.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Reasonably priced and well located in the city. Amenities are good and staff is exceptional. There was some flood in the apt, though (pretty sure it was a total misfortune, since the property is very well maintained as a whole.)

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Midtown gem
    • Superior Queen Room

It is in above: No coffee in room, room small, updated decor kind of blah, restaurant overpriced.

The staff was the greatest. So this overcame some shortcomings. I was in a newly renovated room which was both good and bad. Good in that it was freshest. Bad in that there was no minibar installed where it was supposed to go and the new decor is modernist rather than traditional decor. One of the things I liked about the old decor was the French traditional furnishings and decor. Now, with its white comforter coverlet and its brown, angular, mod print carpet, it could be any number of hotels in Manhattan. Its distinctiveness is somewhat lost. The room was as I remembered: tiny; but after they remedied the minibar, all was well appointed. Had chocolate-covered strawberries on my arrival and a small bottle of wine on my arrival! They remembered I had been a guest years before! Housekeeping was excellent and thorough. Always unobtrusive but cleaned when I left. I never came back to an undone room. Ice brought promptly. (Kinda wish they had not charged me for the one soda from the minibar since they hadn't provided one in the first place. 6$ for a Diet Coke is a bit much.) The minibar has space in it for you to store your own food and drink, at least a small amount. That is also a plus. And the biggest dermerit is no in-room coffee and none available, even from room service, before 7. I am an early riser so THAT was painful! But I got a NYT delivered every day gratis. That was great. And the location is terrific for shows, Times Sq. etc. Very convenient. Le Triomphe, the restaurant on site has great service, but indifferent food. Too expensive for what it is. I would eat elsewhere. But again, staff are wonderful! I also love the free coffee in the lobby in the library nook: Leather sofa, books, and free coffee and water throughout the day.

A really charming hotel in the very centre of Manhattan
    • Superior Queen Room

New York is expensive including your rates (probably can't be helped). Not great that there was only one lift available on occasion.

Loved your cocktail bar. Loved your location. Your staff were charming and welcoming. Thank you so much for posting our postcards.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

This hotel is in the best possible location - just two...
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room (double/double) was a little smaller than I had expected. Also the hotel felt a little 'tired', but this didn't detract from a great stay.

This hotel is in the best possible location - just two blocks from Times Square. The staff were exceptionally friendly and happy to help with any queries we had.

Great location and all staff very friendly
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The staff were all very friendly and helpful and always there to make sure you are taken care of.

The view of the Chrysler Building was lovely but we were moved thanks to Anna as the view from the back of the Hotel overlooks an office full of workers which was not what we wanted.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Nice hotel staff make it worthwhile

Lack of tea/coffee making facilities in room is a definate deal breaker for me, although they had coffee in the lobby it finished early The carpets in the rooms were tatty and let the hotel down a little bit

The hotel was clean and the staff all super friendly, lovely fluffy towels and dressing gown..really nice

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Great location for New York!
    • Superior Queen Room

Rooms somewhat small (but cozy), no view at all.

Location, location, location!! Just 2-min walk from Times Square! Everything within walking distance (bars, restaurants, theaters etc.!).

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Great boutique hotel centrally located in Midtown.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms were a bit tired. Wardrobe space was limited and the lighting was poor. Coffee/Tea facilities in the room would be great.

Brilliant location. The staff were welcoming, friendly and couldn't do enough to make our stay special. Very comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Great location. Old furnishings/old hotel.
    • Superior Queen Room

Everything just felt very old. Carpet is really old. Furniture very old. Not crisp. Was reasonably clean but didn't feel clean/crisp. But great location. The lady who checked us in during the afternoon was not very friendly or warm (though the people who staffed the front desk at night was very nice). We tried not to spend too much time in the hotel room, used it mainly as a crash pad. In nicer hotels, it's fun to hang out in the hotel room.

Amazing location if you need to be in midtown. Very amazing location. I guess it was fairly clean but everything just felt very old. Except the newly remodeled bathroom-- that was great. That was the best part. Nice that there is free coffee/cider in the lobby.

Good value for money, but it needs an internal work upgrade
    • Superior Queen Room

The room size, it was pretty small and virtually no windows, only a small window ovelooking a very very tiny courtyard. The lift is undersized with respect to the needs. Long wait every time I used it.

The location is perfect.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Will stay afain
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Elevator used by staff causing long delays in accessing the one customer elevator

Bath tub deep, fluffy towels, window opened so we could bring in fresh air. Location perfect- theatre two blocks away, Central Park a mile walk along the 5 the Ave shops. Close to times square but none of the chaos.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Fantastic location, very comfortable hotel.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Just small things. Drawer in chest of drawers would not stay shut, was quite annoying as the room was small and we kept bumping in to the drawer. Eventually wedged it shut with some card. Bathroom door tended to lock itself which was frightening for my 10 year old.

Location was fantastic. staff were friendly. Bed very comfortable. No waiting around for lifts. Would highly recommend.

Fantastic hotel and location
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was on the small side for 3 of us but you can expect this everywhere in New York

Comfy beds, staff great, complimentary coffee and tea in the morning. Great location.

Classy well priced hotel in fabulous location
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Would like a kettle and bar fridge in room however most NYC hotels don't provide these

Good size room (by New York standards) and fabulous location. Tea & coffee provided in lobby every morning. Great cafe across the road for real coffee.

Good stay in NYC
    • Superior Queen Room

The aircon was very noisy and the water system when anyone flushed the toilet.

The location of the Hotel was excellent, easy access to all areas of NYC.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Location, location, location.
    • Superior Queen Room

Wifi system was a little awkward and has to be reapplied for now and than. Seems silly. Restaurant and room service too expensive.

Location, location, location. Comfort, comfort, comfort. Terry cloth robes, big soft beds. Hot hot water. Blackout curtains.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

All around great little hotel!
    • Superior Queen Room

No bike in the gym but I think it was being repaired.

Easy free wifi, very friendly staff, convenient to subway at Bryant Park, Whole Foods 2 blocks away, cozy room, comfortable bed, 24 hour gym with a sauna, brought me a refrigerator to use, good closet, hangars, lovely bath products, free coffee every morning, nice restaurant and bar.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Location was great and the staff very helpful and friendly.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Location was great and the staff very helpful and friendly. Easy walk to Time Square and Grand Central Station. Lots of good restaurants and theatres close by.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Solid experience, but just too much $$, better values are around
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Perhaps a room with some kind of view would have been nicer. A little better value for the money. There were numerous other hotels right in this area that had rooms about 1/2 to 3/4th the size with a quality very similar but with a cost between $200-300/nite.

Although the location was excellent & the bed very comfortable(stayed in a suite) the value for the money we paid was not exactly there. There was nothing that was terribly wrong. It was just that we expected "more", if spending $650/nite, besides a nicely appointed 650 sq foot room. Bathroom was nice, but tight. Staff was courteous and helpful(Amanda). Their restaurant, Trompe, was expensive but had excellent food. The fitness center was a converted bed room - i.e. small. Although it did have most of the typical equipment one looks for & was basically my own personal gym.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Wonderful small hotel in a perfect location.

No complaints.

Excellent location. Close to 3 subway stations. Easy to get around. 2 blocks to Times Square. Easy to go all over the city. Very helpful and friendly staff. Very helpful concierge. Coffee available in the front sitting room of the hotel. Free WIFI.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Perfect place for a weekend getaway where you can walk everywhere!
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Entrance into shower very tiny and couldn't figure out how to run the tub so got soaked by the shower.Had to hunt for hairdryer. Found it in bedroom bureau drawer. Would have liked outlet on bedside table for charging phone.

Being able to store luggage until check-in time was nice, Location was excellent, close to all the action, but not on a noisey street. Enjoyed the free coffee and hot cider.Enjoyed quality shampoo and other toiletries.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Too expensive
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The rooms were very small, the window looked out at a fire escape and very dark alley! Despite the huge amount of money we paid breakfast was not included - drinks were ridiculously expensive!

The staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

The beds were really comfortable.
    • Premium King Room

The beds were really comfortable. The staff were great!! Especially the concierge Vanessa! All in all - we had a great holiday! I would stay here the next time I am lucky enough to visit New York!

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Excellent choice for a first time visit
    • Superior Queen Room

Super comfortable beds. We especially appreciated the relaxed but professional and friendly attitude from all staff members. We asked for a new room after check in, the first was noisy due to a loud fan in the next door room and the request was quickly taken care of in a very professional way. Got a nice but rather small room on 8th floor. Location could not be better for a first time visit in NYC.