Reviews of Amara Cay Resort 3 stars

80001 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, FL 33036, USA

#4 of 15 hotels in Islamorada

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Everything about this place was excellent! Beautiful decoration, so clean, staff was helpful and friendly. I highly recommend and I'm staying there again in my next visit.

• Oceanfront One-Bedroom King Suite

The burger restaurant inside the hotel (also managing the bar) is really average (food and cocktails) and their staff was unfriendly. The sofa bed for our teenage children was not comfortable at all.

The facilities of the hotel are very nice, with a large pool area, various games available (beach volley, ping pong, etc), as well as access to paddle boards and kayaks.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our room was right beside the exit to the pool area and very loud public speakers that blared elevator music all day - and night! Kept my partner awake the first night we were there, but once we raised it with the hotel staff they turned it off the subsequent night. The room proximity to the exit area really prohibited us from using the balcony space as it was too public. A welcome pack on arrival with key information about the resort - and the area -would be nice - for e.g. would have helped to know the water sports hiring times (We only found out it closed at 5 when we arrived at 4.30 looking to go out on kayaks) similarly with the bar (we went to get food at 9pm one night to be told it closed at 9.30 and we were told too late for orders). The main thing was that a lot of the staff just didn't seem to be happy,we certainly didn't feel welcome on arrival and on many occasions throughout our stay, and the staff that were really friendly really stood out because of that general feeling (Breakfast team in particular were really nice) Despite this, we really did enjoy our time here largely because of the location and lovely rooms and pool.

Lovely hotel with great facilities and a stunning location looking out to the sea. Nice big rooms. Lovely pool and use of kayaks and s'up boards is great. Rooms are nice and large and airy. All rooms have a balcony space, but if you are on the ground floor they seem a little public for use (ours was right beside the main exit to the pool area for e.g.) You can also hire free bicycles which is handy for going up to the shops or exploring the area a little bit without the car. We really enjoyed our stay here, but there is definite room for some improvements to make it really 5* given the quality of the hotel and its amazing location and facilities.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our bathroom floor was not level, and when you took a shower it would flood the actual room. Luckily I took a quick shower when I got out and noticed the water almost reaching my luggage. It took 6 towels to dry up the floor, so shower time was limited. Amara Cay only refunded me a $50 resort fee which was for one day and our stay was a total of 3 days. Plugging a blow dryer in while standing in a puddle of water in the bathroom wouldn't be very smart. Maybe if I would've done that they would have actually done more about it. Our 3 night stay cost almost $1000, which is ridiculous they did nothing about our issues.

• Oceanfront King Room

Room smelled like insecticide Smoke detector made high pitched noise twice on two different mornings Woman who checked us in seem bothered. She had a confrontation with another guest shortly before checking us in , later she was on the hotel phone laughing and having a great time with what sounded like a friend or coworker. The fire alarm/ water sprinkler system alarm was going off in the main lobby for about an hour one morning. The hotel has huge potential, needs some directional signage and maybe some more training.

Beautiful views, Beach area clean Bartenders are excellent

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Check in is late at 4pm and room wasn't ready until after this time. Spent one night by the tiki bar for dinner but there was no extra lighting around the area and no music was playing, poor ambience

Large clean room with comfy bed. Lovely pool and man-made beach area with hammocks. Friendly staff and good food

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was beautiful! Perfect in every way! Food was delicious and the grounds were outstanding! SUPER CLEAN! Very modern and spacious! Front desk people were fabulous. Great place to stay. Very attractive to the eye!

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

Given many hotels were still renovating from the hurricane - corporate events made for very loud late night (2 am) voices. We are mid forties - so we have fun, but expect a quiet night’s sleep for what we paid. That did not happen - on any night except the first.

Loved the hotel was walking distance to KeyDives since we were here for SCUBA. Relaxing hammocks and chairs by the water or by the pool. Also thought their beach wedding setting was ideal for couples interested in getting married in a beautiful setting. This hotel was conveniently located near restaurants we wanted to try from Diners Drive Ins and Dives - and those like Morada Bay Cafe that were a pleasant discovery.

I’d sum it up as mediocre service. I had to ask 3 times before a crib could be found, despite requesting it in advance. The pull out bed which my eldest slept on was v uncomfortable but may be a learning curve for me - need two beds. The menu was v limited for a vegetarian These were irritations rather than deal breakers but the resort isn’t cheap so I think it could improve some

The styling, decor and ambiance were superb and I liked the pool area much. The outdoors games area and fire pits were great too

The Indoor restaurant for dinner with very similar menu to the beach bar. We decided to go out the resort for dinner at the end.

The pool area / the beach bar and excellent food/ the room with sea view / the kayak facilities.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There seemed to be some issues amongst staff members. Bar tenders were especially grumpy. Pool towels were scarce. Maybe a little fine tuning needed...but not enough to keep us away.

Loved the options! Pool & “beach.” Paddle boarding, kayaking, volleyball, corn hole, lawn sports, pool bar & restaurant & proximity to other adventures. Gorgeous location. We would definitely stay here again. Had teens with us....they were happy as well. Overall win!

• Partial Ocean View Two Queen Beds

Unfortunately, the service brought our experience way down which is a shame with what we paid. The tiki bar restaurant was literally one of the worst restaurant experiences I've had. Despite being very slow, the mediocre food took forever and the waiter was rude and barely checked in. I had to trade a dirty towel housekeeping took off my floor and hung back on the rack-I recognized my mascara. The lady who gave me a new towel was nice about it and said she would address this with housekeeping. At $450 a night, I would just expect more. Our room was small and tight for 2 adults and 2 kids. At the pool, you have to pick up other people's trash if you want a clear space even though employees are present.

Beautiful property and hotel with a great location. Lots of stuff for families to do. The property/hotel does match the pictures online.

• Standard King Room

The place promotes itself as pet friendly, but it is not. You can only keep your pet in the room. You cannot bring them to the outdoor cafe, as you can at most normal outdoor cafes. You cannot have them anywhere inside the building or on the beach. There is no place set aside for the pets to go outside, so I ended up walking my dog along the loud busy highway to relieve herself.

I paid for a balcony room and didn’t get one. The pricing was extremely high for the size and type of room. I was really looking forward to sitting out on the balcony over the water with my wife but I got one of the only rooms without one, windows didn’t open, kind of a bummer.

The location was nice pool area very nice, nice relaxing area by the water. Friendly staff.

• Oceanfront King Room

It would have been nice to have more consistent service around the pool for ordering food and drinks. Everyone was really nice though.

It’s rare for me to find comfortable bed in hotel but this one was great. The outdoor area was true resort feel with hammocks, dock, kayaks, tiki bar etc.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Website photos of beach misleading - lovely sandy area but no easy or direct access to the sea - only access is down a high step onto a very small area.

Lovely pool, plenty of sun beds & helpful staff at pool, very nice decor, everywhere extremely clean & comfortable, free parking, nice staff.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

For a hotel of this quality and size there should be a microwave in the room

Beach not really usable as a beach for swimming. Refrig frozen in ice and leaked water on floor

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

$600 per night for this hotel is too expensive, it doesn't worth it. only have one type of food. I went for my anniversary and I was expecting much more for $600

scenes, rooms, the pool, frozen. Everything was good excepting the price. It shouldn't be more than $300 for this kind of hotel with no breakfast

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Check in could have been faster.

The staff was great. They were genuinely concerned with the quality of our visit and went out of their way to accommodate us. The General Manager visited us by the pool and inquired about our visit.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The menu in the restaurant was excellent, but I would have liked a breakfast buffet.

Amara Cay is wonderful! Travelers can enjoy the beach or the fabulous pool area, with its fun games or relaxing chairs. Nice amenities (paddle boards, kayaks, snorkeling equipment, and bikes). Courtyard was lovely; fire pits at night were a nice touch. Comfort and beauty all around. Staff was wonderfully accommodating and friendly.

• Oceanfront King Room

I am a smoker and was aware there was a no smoking policy in house. Upon arrival, I was told smoking was NOT allowed most places on the premises even OUTDOORS in the open air, including the outdoor patio of the room ( I had a ground floor oceanfront room), even on the beach. I was told I could go to the outside bar area or to the front of the parking close to the highway if I wanted to smoke a cigarette. I found that at the bar I had to ask for an ashtray and none are left out when the bar is closed. I understand the concept of not affecting others with cigarette smoke and left butts: I had a difficult time choosing when to go over to the bar when it was busy so not to offend, and before opening hours in the early AM there were not an ashtray to be found which necessitated I bring a cup or something with me. I choose not to stand at the street as if waiting for a bus holding my ashtray. I felt very unwelcome and wanted to leave but I had reserved for 3 nights. There was no in-room book to provide info about the restaurant, hours, or any other services. I discovered at the end of my stay that there was a full breakfast service in the far lobby( not visible from the check in lobby) which I would have dined. The parking lot was very full and trying to get luggage out of the vehicle and up into the building around very awkwardly designed narrow and uneven platform,steps and corners to get to the locked exterior doors was an event in itself. Unless you simply dropped bags at the door, parked, and came back...which I didn’t know until after the fact. I didn’t feel the $30 resort fee was worth it. I came for business and needed desk space- which was minimal due to the tv and coffeemaker set up on the desk and a space to relax which I couldn’t find that accommodated me outdoors as a smoker.

Bed was very comfortable, housekeeping was immaculate, staff very helpful pleasant, and someone was always around to answer questions.

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

Most of the staff was not very friendly; only a couple were. The prices for food was outrageous. I understand it is a resort but there is no reason for price gouging for food. For example a bagel was $5.00 and a burger was $18.00.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. We enjoyed the beautiful pool and beach area.

• Standard King Room

Loved the location and ocean and pool view. The tiki bar was well positioned and plenty of chairs and sun beds. Several hammocks strung between palm trees made for a perfect relaxed vacation. Liked the wooden floored rooms. Oh and you don’t need an ocean front room to see the ocean, rooms at the wide have lovely views

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

A bit overpriced for what you get, I was really sad not being able to get a decent salad or fresh fruit juices at the pool bar (Disgusting cannned juice only is proposed)

Postcard pool and beach in the Keys

• Oceanfront One-Bedroom King Suite

The beach is manmade and not natural. It has a steep drop off and you can’t really swim ( there is a staircase, so it is accessible, but the water is not appealing). So nothing for little kids. Post hurricane renovation work on the pier in front of the property was still ongoing and disturbing ( noise, views). The pullout couch has 1* motel quality.

Newly renovated, stylish property with ca 20 waterfront suites. Nice Tiki bar by the pool. Comfortable bed and nice view in masterbedroom. Friendly staff.

• Oceanfront King Room - Disability Access

While the initial ambience was pleasing to the eye when you arrived, the overall staff at the resort felt more like a chain hotel versus an upscale resort with respect to attentiveness and willing to help.The front desk while mostly helpful we’re not very efficient. The staff in the restaurant while plenty, never returned to ask if we wanted more coffee or if we liked our meal. Which we did not. If you are not a fisherman, according to the guy at the bar you do not want to stay at this restaurant because they close the bar down at 10 every night. Which most of the people we were visiting with were not happy about. outside of our beautiful beach front room they were repairing the dock after the hurricanes. They however did not inform us of the noise that would start very early every morning. The shuttle that would go with in 4 miles was very convenient. However our first night in attempting to use the shuttle they were not very organized and had no driver to take us where we needed to go. They did however eventually sort that out.

We liked the outdoor fire pits, the pool area, the beach area, and the tiki bar. And the bicycles.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Enjoyed the pool and tiki bar, and the food was really good. The entire staff was competent, friendly, and very helpful. Overall, a very enjoyable stay.

Was expensive so I will look for some specials next time.

Resort was beautiful, staff was super nice, and location was great. Had a great time! Hope to return in the future.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room, although airy, was basic. The floors in the bedroom and bathroom were filthy and I mean filthy. We were ripped off for $30 per night for a Resort Fee for things we simply do not use., i.e. gym, bikes, beach towels, pool......all stuff an 82 year old does not use. Air conditioning was far too noisy and like sleeping in a factory. Looked at the very pricey menus for breakfast and dinner and went elsewhere. The front desk staff did not know their star rating when I asked them, so I checked it online and it is 3 star. Our ground floor room was supposed to have a sea view and it overlooked the noisy car park. Would never return and strongly recommend against going to stay there.

Only the bed came up to standard. The rest was most disappointing.

First off seeing that it caters mostly to Caucasian customers, my boyfriend and I found it very creepy and offensive that most of their employees if not all, are black. It was like something out of the movie “Get out”. We only spent a night there. Pretty plain to be called a resort. Not very entertaining for kids if you go with your family. Pool just had a couple of tiny kid toys, the water was cold (was told it was a heated pool) the menu for the bar inside (because there is no restaurant) and out side did not offer a variety of foods (chicken tenders fish tacos and burgers), no breakfast. The ‘standard’ room is super small, a king bed and a twin pullout. Needless to say expected a lot more for what I paid. Rated pleasant because check in and check out was easy, when we realized the pullout was a twin they did provide a rolling cot that we couldn’t use because the room was too small (at least they tried) and the room was immaculate when it came to cleanliness. The Hampton Inn and Suites is half the price and would never had had any of these issues.

Overpriced... Bathroom lighting was poor. All fixtures in the rooms were high quality, but the rooms were plane. Having stayed at many other resorts, I'd say overpriced.

The pool and beach setup was gorgeous. Pretty lobby, but who cares?

• Queen Suite

Very very long wait to get served at breakfast and get our food. Plus quite expensive for breakfast.

Beautiful room, great facilities, super clean and fantastic pool

• Oceanfront King Room

Breakfast was pricey and so-so. Room not completely furnished yet, but had all necessities. Need more lighting in living area.

Excellent bed, loved the tiki bar. Almost all the staff were very friendly and pleasant. Kenneth was exceptional at check in and out!

The staff attention to detail was lacking. Inconsistencies in services, housekeeping not providing towels or replacing tea, water etc. And the kitchen at breakfast was very slow. If those little things were improved on this would be a fantastic resort rather than just a good resort

The location, pool area and beach area were all great with good facilities for keeping children amused. The decor and rooms were very comfortable and modern

The restaurant service was exceptionally slow each time we attended. Too Few vegetarian options on the menu. The weather was cool and the rooms do not have heat.

The resort was furnished very nicely and the staff were always friendly and helpful. The pool was wonderful and the outdoor activities were fun.

We didn't get a room that had a microwave - they were all sold out. When we requested one to use in the room, they couldn't provide it. We had to go down to the kitchen to ask for food to be warmed up and although they accommodated, we felt like we were bothering them. Also - all food places close by 9 on weekdays and 10 on weekends. So if you were out (like driving to key west and back) and you were late, you didn't have options for food.

The facility was good and so were the rooms. They were clean and very nicely upgraded compared to other hotels around. The location was good. There was food and entertainment for kids close by. The facility had a pool and kayak, paddle board and bikes for free. That was fun.

• Oceanfront King Room

Mosquitos on the beach and in the rooms, but it is not the fault of the hotel. It was a pity that beach bar was not open after 9 pm. But again - due to the bugs..

New, cozy and stylish interior, parquetted floors in the room, wonderful access to the sandy beach, availability of kayaks and paddle boards, quite spacious and warmed pool, very relaxed atmosphere. Staff promptly responded to our request for an additional child bed. We all loved the stay!

No not tub

The manager was very professional helped us in any way he could. My fiance didn't like her drink he ask what was wrong she replied . I don't like my drink , he asked why would you like instead shetold him made brought it back and was very happy .

• Queen Suite

I don’t like, that kitchen didn’t have a oven or hob. No kettle.

Property nice and clean. Big and confy rooms. Very good cocktails. Definitely would go again.

• Oceanfront King Room - Disability Access

The sea monkey was never open the hole time we were there. We really wanted to hire a jetski. We saw alot of ppl go there to hire something but it was never open. We were there for four days.

The bes was like a cloud. Infact we are trying to buy one

• Oceanfront Suite with Two Queen Beds

Restaurant in hotel had very limited menu... pretty much only burgers and no kids menu.

Comfortable beds, great pool and super location for exploring the Keys.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff greet you as you drive in very friendly. The agent at the desk was just as friendly. Each day as we meet other staff members again first class service. I will stay again!

Poor lighting in bathroom. Not being able to walk out to ocean from the beach.No access to boat dockage.

Loved the fresh modern coastal decor in lobby and restaurant. Breakfast was well prepared. Enjoyed the eggs Benedict and friendly service.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Staff was very plain, the restaurant VERY understaffed. One guy working 4-5 tables and he was being a little rude.

Bed really comfortable and the rooms are very nice. Hotel decor is amazing and everything looks very nice. Fantastic surroundings and Islamorada is beautiful.

We arrived from the UK around 9.30pm to find the bar closed. That's actually the only negative I can think of !

A very clean and friendly hotel, large bright room loads of space for 2 adults and 2 teenagers, great pool with bar serving drinks and food, lovely beach with various loungers and seats,free parking, shuttle bus runs till 10pm to nearby restaurants and bars.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The service is terrible. There are not enough towels at the pool and we have to wait for 4 hours till they replace them for everybody. The room was not very clean. The bed had sand inside and needed to call room service to change the sheets.

The hotel is new, modern and the pool bar had excellent food.

• Oceanfront Suite with Two Queen Beds

Skeleton staff, non existent resort restaurant. Not enough pool towels, not enough staff by the pool bar. Wanted to eat at restaurant at resort but there were no wait staff or bartender. This resort had so many people at the pool,......they could have been raking in the money if they had wait staff walking around pool asking if someone wanted a drink. Pool needs to have a chiller added. Pool was so hot and not refreshing.

Room was clean and beds nicely made, loved the decor. The few staff that worked there were nice.

The only small drawback is that they have a small menu at onsite restaurant, but working on increasing items. What they do offer is really good though. There are plenty of places to eat at nearby

The staff went out of its way to help. The facility, inside and out, was exceptional. The room was spacious and super comfortable. The pool area is incredible. The resort is within close proximity of pretty much anything you might need

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Everything! No towels at the pool, server did not bring drink orders (said she forgot), no towels in the room, no phone to call down...and room had a strong odor.

Terribly run hotel, could never get hold of the Manager during our stay to voice our concerns. Do not stay here!

Service at the restaurant in the hotel is slow, and overpriced. Food was pretty good though...

The pool area (with bar) is awesome! Great bartenders!

There were guests (with children) in the room next to us that were extremely loud starting at 5am every day. After numerous complaints to management nothing was done. We had asked to have our room relocated and were told we would have to pay more money for an upgrade. The front desk was extremely rude. Was very disappointing.

The upgrades were amazing and the resort was very clean.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Overcharging on our credit card. Love everything else.

Love everything about Amara except since arriving home have discovered our credit card has bee card with what appear to be an extra day taken on 16th May before we arrived. We settle what we thought was the full and correct bill when we left and have only discovered this today when my bill arrived. Not happy with them and have contacted them straight away by email..

Not there long enough

Room 527 was excellent...quite, end of hall. Beautiful view, spacious, 2 large patios, completely redone, excellent beds, comfortable... lobby beautiful!

The breakfast was incredible. The only thing I would suggest is the portions could have been smaller, at a corresponding lower price.

Everything about the property was amazing. We also really liked that it is a smaller property, with less guests.

• Oceanfront Queen Room

Rooms were clean, landscaping was gorgeous, pool was amazing, pool bar and staff were wonderful. Restaurant was great. Loved our room and view. My teenaged son loved the yard games. Gift shop was adorable. Close drive to Annes Beach, and water sports marinas. Nearby restaurants were awesome. We will return. Hated to leave!!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Insufficient towel service at pool/beach. Often ran out and did not have enough even when not crowded. Some of the staff too laid back even for the Keys if you are going to call yourself a "top resort". Florida residents who booked on their own received free breakfast with the room rate. This was not given to reservations made with Booking. com and they would not give in on this.

Great location, beautiful setting.

Didn't like the food at the restaurant. It didn't feel I was at the Keys. Had to go out of the hotel to eat.

Loved the view from my room. Very nice pool area.

Noisy staff right outside my door practically yelling at each other. 4 of them gathered by the elevator and hung out for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile I have to go find the maid 2 times to ask for clean wash clothes. $4.30 for coffee, $12 for an egg sandwich. Really? The change from Hampton Inn to "Resort" doesn't reflect the expectations I had for a resort. I think the Hampton Inn was better.

Leaving.

It was amazing and the staff did an excellent job helping me plan my proposal to my girlfriend during my stay with champagne and hocolate covered strawberries in the room!!

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Oceanfront King Room

Beautiful beachfront. Updated spacious rooms. Very comfortable beds. Staff very accommodating. Two minute walk to nearby bridge for great sunset view; sunrise from rooms.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Oceanfront Suite with Two Queen Beds

Very disappointed in the beach/swimming area. The photos on the website of the beach and swimming area are misleading.

Beautiful location and Hotel. Friendly, attentive staff. We will be back.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Not so helpful/accommodating bartender at your beach bar. Limited eating/food choices. However, it was nice to have the shuttle to get us to other nearby restaurants.

Clean accommodations in general. Balcony with ocean view was a must! Relaxing/roomy beach with plenty of space for everyone. Good access to water sports/activities.

• King Suite

Could use more lighting or brighter lights in the room and bathroom. Could use more k cups for the keurig and creamer for morning coffee.

Beautiful modern decor. Very comfy bed. Great view of the ocean from the room. Very friendly and courteous staff.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

The lighting in the bathroom is dim unless you turn the shower light on. The silver button outside of the room is some kind of alarm. There were kids running up and down the hallway pressing those buttons. Anyway to make them gone? You can hear people in the hallway on that note.

The room was on the ground floor, and was a nice size. The shower was nice, clean, and got hot water. There were other reviews that said there wasn't enough lighting in the bathroom with on the mirror light. This is true. The bed was really comfy, and the TV is huge. The floor is vinyl wood, and some reviews said the floor gets dusty or dirty. This was not the case in my room. There is also a Keurig and a mini fridge in the room. The staff were helpful and friendly. Really only spoke to anyone at check-in/out, other than asking for a few drinks at the bar, and she was lovely. The facilities are nice and look nice, but it is still an older building. Many of the rooms are perpendicular to the beach, so you may see the ocean but not all rooms are ocean front. The building had a gym, some restaurants, pool, the outside grounds were also really nice and well kept. There is a dock to the water, and stairs so you can wade, but don't expect a beach (really anywhere in the keys, unless you have a boat). The room was very clean when we arrived. We did ask for new towels, as housekeeping is trying to conserve by changing towels every 2 days. The value, well, I suppose that's the keys for you. The motel next door is $99 a night and you have a single, dim light room, with an in-wall AC unit. For us, the location was great!

The amenities were somewhat lacking. Not much to do on site though had good watersporrs. Unfortunately was too windy to take full advantage of them. The onsite restaurants had very limited menus. The night shift bar waitress (Monday) was rude and unfriendly and did not provide good service. She decided to close up early and so we were not able to get food. When asked why she said she was closing because it was slow. Though no notifications were given to guests. She was the absolute worst hotel worker I have ever encountered. My daughters favorite pjs were taken during room cleaning. Not sure how they might have been confused with the used towels since the pjs were blue and pink. No sign of them in laundry or lost and found. So I had an unhappy kid to deal with. Not good.

Beautifully designed properly. The great location was close to restaurants and shops. The rooms were nice, clean and modern. Very relaxing environment.

• Oceanfront King Room - Disability Access

the service is the restaurant especially at breakfast not good....you had to chase after the server.... getting your room cleaned before 4 was an issue a times.

the out side deck and Tikki bar menu and view

The bathroom in our room needed a serious deep cleaning. Everything from the vanity and switch plate having serious dirty markings and dirty splash marks all over them. To the shower and fan needed in a good scrubbing. When wanting to use the pool there were no towels! Asked at the tiki bar for more towels at 3:30 pm told that they would be out shortly. When leaving the pool area about 6pm a boy came out with about 6 towels and handed them to the 6 people in front of him. Still no clean towels.

The decor was excellent.

While most of the staff was friendly and helpful, some of the staff left a little to be desired. Speed of service was incredibly slow especially since the place was not crowded.

It is a quaint resort and it is stylish and comfortable. We honestly wanted to spend our entire time at the resort. The pool is gorgeous and the lobby is incredible.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Dirty. Bathroom in need of repair. Several items broken or needs maintenance. Also bugs. In the restaurant, both my husband and son became ill from the breakfast due to the eggs.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Actual beach area was nice, but no one was swimming in the ocean; access was behind block wall with ladder. Not deep enough to swim, silty bottom instead of sand in the water. Very beautiful otherwise!

Staff was super friendly and helpful. We slept very well on the mattress. Décor was upscale. Room was very clean. Parking was abundant and accessible. Beautiful weather and grounds. Loved the pool. All around pleasant, beautiful experience! Would stay again.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Restaurant pricey Food OK Housekeeping alittle lax They never serviced my room one day Had to ask for room supplies and my trash was full

Room and location wonderful Having a Keurig in room was a great start to my day Grounds beautifully kept Staff friendly and helpful

The beds were awful. Squeaked so loud when you got on or off. In our room and my in law's room. Something is wrong with them but they must be replaced. Asap.

Great staff at front desk and restaurant. Breakfast was really good. Beautiful decor and spacious rooms. Nice little gym, small but enough. Didn't like that we faced parking lot so ask about this.

Outside bar was a little slower and not as well stocked. Food took awhile because only one person. Air conditioning was kinda loud but same as Hilton in Miami (must be the system).

The room had a wonderful full opening lanai. We could see the sunset right out our room on the 4th floor, North side. I love the spa, modern feel of the decor. We did not get slippers, but we did get robes. The beach, pool, and grounds where very nice and well maintained. The staff was willing to go the extras mile for you, very friendly. Tim the bartender inside is awesome! The front desk staff was very nice and had my extra needs: Band-Aids, sewing kit. The Halfway Cafe has a great breakfast, lunch and reasonable prices. The also have a coffee bar, espresso to frappes, and smoothies. Also, the Sunrise Cuban Cafe, awesome food and the BEST Cuban coffee(better than regular espresso). The prices are reasonable, and great service. Lorelei's had great fish tacos, stay away from fried pickles, and split conch (too much breading, very little conch, no flavor in either disappointing ). Drink prices 2.50 drafts! Would recommend.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Oceanfront Suite with Two Queen Beds

Staff not accommodating or friendly. Our room had a small kitchenette, but wasn't stocked with any kitchen utensils. Restaurant didn't have a dinner menu. Something about remodeling the hotel. When sitting at the pool no one came around with drink or food orders. Needs more customer service skilled employees.

Hotel was beautiful, pool great, location great

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Honestly, the 2 bartenders who helped us didn't seem to care about their jobs or their customers.

Location was great. Staff were friendly. Room was lovely. Pool was outstanding. The "beach" area was charming...but the sand was rough and there was a wall between the sand and the ocean. To swim in the ocean you had to walk down metal, slippery stairs. But most hotels in the Flirida Keys do not have a beach at all so this was a bonus.

Browse Amara Cay Resort traveller photo gallery