View vacation packages to

2. USA hotel reviews
  3. California hotel reviews
  4. Newport Beach hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach

Reviews of Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

690 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660, United States of America

#5 of 26 hotels in Newport Beach

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: May 16, 2019

Mother’s Day the restaurant was only serving breakfast from...
    • Island King Room

Mother’s Day the restaurant was only serving breakfast from 6-9. Off the regular menu. After that the price was 109.00 for buffet. Outrageous price and left late sleepers out of luck for breakfast.

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: May 16, 2019

The bedding and pillows were absolutely perfect 👌🏽 We also,...
    • Island Corner Suite

The bedding and pillows were absolutely perfect 👌🏽 We also, enjoyed the pool area and the service provided. Loved the convenience to great restaurants and shopping!

Stayed in April 2019

• Reviewed: January 11, 2019

Nice, comfortable, great location, pricey.
    • Island King Room

There were a number of children running in the halls all through the night, making it rather noisy this last stay. I wouldn't have mentioned it, but since you asked...

Beds are nice and the location is wonderful. It is rather on the pricey side though.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

Very disappointing.
    • Coastal View Corner Suite

Check in disaster, we arrive at 3:45, as we wanted to view sunset and were put on 20th floor, but room was not ready, went back to our nearby home, said they would call, came back at 4:15, STILL NOT READY. Missed sunset, had room service, but decided to leave premises at 11:30 PM.

Corner view room very nice.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

Everything!

Not a thing!

Everything!! A BEAUTIFUL ROOM! We had gorgeous views! Super nice and fun to be right by Fashion Island to see the beautiful tree! Loved the pool and hot tub!

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Spa is great.
    • Coastal View Corner Suite

My back hurts. We stayed in the corner suit. Bed is extremely uncomfortable. It is not flat and it has a curve in the center. So you are rolling to the sides during the night. It might be comfortable for one person to sleep in the center. But not for two. The mattress is too soft. And no mini bar! Nothing! (There is a small fridge, but its empty and very old) Tv has no sound. You have to master your skills to connect sound box (they have it, but every time its tricky) And the last thing!!!! We had a complementary champagne! Which turn to be an APPLE CIDER! Please, guys, if you do not have at least proseco - better do not put anything on the table!!! Because APPLE CIDER in champagne box with strawberries on the table look like cheap comedy. And we stayed in the suit. For the whole weekend. You can put something better than apple cider. Or even nothing would be good. Overall I am happy. Not sure to stay here again... but facilities are much better than the hotel and its rooms. And the stuff is perfect.

Spa is great. Massage service is INCREDIBLY great! All the facilities and stuff - perfect.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Upscale hotel w/large rm,balcony, huge bathroom-marble throughout, EXCELLENT STAFF and AMAZING food!
    • Island King Room

All staff very welcoming, personable, attentive, professional and effective. I ordered from room service and the food was beyond my expectations. Everything I ordered, the salmon dinner, dessert and breakfast was over the top delicious. This is a posh hotel with marble everywhere and staff that are attentive to your needs. The best.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2018

Staff--especially in the restaurant and little food...
    • Island King Room

Although the front desk staff were very nice, there didn't seem to be a lot of effort to get to the people in line waiting to check in quickly. Additionally, my husband's room had still not been visited by housekeeping at 4:00 in the afternoon, so we had to call for service. They responded quickly.

Staff--especially in the restaurant and little food shop--were very pleasant and helpful. The beds are extremely comfortable and the linens are luxurious. It is kept immaculately clean. The location, just across from Fashion Island, is wonderful.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Great hotel in excellent location.
    • Island King Room

Wish there was a ventilation fan in the bathroom. I thought it odd that they didn't have one. Also, they had a "cooler" but not a refrigerator. The cooler was meant to keep things just cool (like around 50 degrees), but why not just put in a refrigerator since it is the same size anyway? A refrigerator was able to be rented at an additional fee. Also, the room did not have a safe.

This was a great hotel. The location is perfect. Walking distance to shopping, restaurants, beaches. With the destination fee, you have access to cruiser bicycles, which were really fun to take out. The facility has a great pool area, fitness center, and activites like ping pong, corn hole, giant Connect 4 and giant Jenga. Kids would love it. The staff was super friendly and helpful and the hotel was very clean and well kept. We were there when it was apparently National Donut Day, so they even had free mini donuts in the lobby, which was a nice touch. I would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

We loved this hotel and won't hesitate to stay there again,
    • Premium King

The staff was very friendly and accommodating; the location was ideal for our purposes; the bed was very comfortable; we loved our 14th floor room with the panoramic view; and the amenities were inviting.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

Very good
    • Island King Room

I like the staff behavior, especially Julia she was great and very welcoming, and it seems she has a very good experience to deal with different cultures ‘s customers.

the size of the room and the view
    • Luxury Double Queen

The extremely loud music, especially the loud base, booming until 1:00 am which can be heard in all rooms. No sleep until after 1:00am. It happens every Friday and Saturday night. I was on the 7th floor and it was very annoying. Parking is also expensive...

the size of the room and the view

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

My wife and I love everything about this hotel, its location, and the value.
    • Island Corner Suite

The best part is the size of, the view from, and the value of our corner suite.sw We love the design of the public areas. From the lobby, you are only a few steps from the conference are, from the pool, the bar, the well stocked market, restaurant, the outdoor restaurant, the fire pit, and the back entrance/exit to Fashion Island. It is an easy walk to Corona del Mar, and the beach. Rent electric bikes and have an even better experience.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

We loved this place, we would come every Anniversary... April 2,2018

Leaving...

We we’re up graded because we had checked into a room with Mountain View,, it was our 30th Wedding Anniversary and was looking forward in having a Ocean View. The Island is the Best. It met all my Expectations!!!

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

vacation hiccups!
    • Coastal View Corner Suite

Hard to get enough coffee for 3 people.in our room everyday. When the staff came with the coffee tray had to insist on more coffee for us. plus I got food poisoning from the Oak Grill fish, two hours after eating dinner.

beautiful surroundings

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

Nice but not for that price
    • Premium King

Value (or lack thereof), misleading description of upgraded room, plastic Newportians crawling around lobby on Saturday night

Staff and receptionist, marketplace, location, bed, tv

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

We were there for my moms 60th Birthday!
    • Island King Room

We were there for my moms 60th Birthday! They went out of their way to accommodate all special requests and no matter how many times I asked for something or changed something they didn’t make me feel like I was unreasonable!! Great experience we will be back!!

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

This hotel has great service.
    • Island King Room

Nothing comes to mind. Great stay all around.

Service was great! We had a mechanical problem with the shower door and it was fixed right away by engineering and they ordered us a bottle of wine on the house! That’s good service!

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

Comfortable, but could be better for the price being paid.
    • Island King Room

1. I was booked on the 3rd floor. I woke up around 2 AM because of the noise coming the bar/disco at the 1st floor. 2. My room key malfunctioned and had to get a new one. 3. No toothbrush and toothpaste

The hotel staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Comfortable stay with all the toppings !!
    • Premium King

The location in Newport Beach is perfect... georgious ocean view. Loved the heated pool and the outdoor fireplace. So relaxing and comfortable... special mention goes out the our Concierge Erika ! She made all of the arrangements for our Birthday’s Evening of fine dining and dancing , couldn’t have pulled it off without her.

• Reviewed: March 1, 2018

Room was very comfortable, furnishings were upscale.
    • Island King Room

The ac took along time to turn on in the middle of the night. Room would get a little stuffy.

Room was very comfortable, furnishings were upscale. Not your average hotel furniture. Love having the robe proved in the room. Bath towels were plush and oversized..

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

Overall great hotel, very clean and pretty
    • Island Corner Suite

Super frustrated there was no bedding of the pull out couch. Called housekeeping and the front desk for 15 minutes with no answer. Finally went to the hotel front desk, 3 employees were there talking to each other and I had to ask for bedding.

beautiful hotel, the staff on hand was excelled

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

They did a 100 hard charge deposit (which means not an...
    • Luxury Double Queen

They did a 100 hard charge deposit (which means not an authorization but an actual charge) on my card which was fine just didn’t like that that was done without even mentioning. It does reimbursed but they should tell you. And they have MANDATORY $35 Vallet You cannot park your own car. Also make sure you bring lots of cash for tips because their bell men & vallet are amazing & expecting.

• Reviewed: February 14, 2018

Great place to stay, very comfortable and friendly.
    • Island King Room

This is a great hotel, excellent staff and service (service in the restaurant was a little slow) rooms, spacious and very comfortable. Location is a little out of the way but very close to the shopping mall of Fashion Island which is excellent.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

comfortable bed and spacious room and bath
    • Island King Room

We arrived with our dog to this supposedly "pet-friendly" hotel. We were informed that there is a $150.00 nightly charge for dogs! There was nothing on the booking.com site about this and I would hardly consider this "friendly". I went back and forth with the front desk person who made 2 trips to the supervisor about this. She finally agreed to give us a 1-time pass on the fee. I do appreciate this, but don't know that we will revisit with our very polite, clean standard poodle.

comfortable bed and spacious room and bath

• Reviewed: January 27, 2018

We had a great family stay, room was big and pool and restaurant were fabulous
    • Island Corner Suite

Hotel was wonderful, resort style, with fabulous pool and restaurant, including pool bar. Staff were all super friendly and helpful. Very convenient location to shopping.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2017

The Bose music system, coffee.
    • Premium King

One small bottle of water for one room. When there were two adults staying. Reception staff never told us about the hotel, ie facilities and what was available to us and where things were at the hotel.

The Bose music system, coffee. Glasses in the bathroom Bed and pillows were amazingly comfortable

• Reviewed: October 17, 2017

Great 5* feel , lots of quality in this hotel.
    • Island King Room

Lots of extra on the final bill.

Great beds , it had the feel of a 5* hotel. Great gym and pool. Complimentary bus to Newport beach city centre . Good location for the nearby shopping centre .

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

Staff was great, overall hotel, I wont be back
    • Island King Room

All the extra/hidden charges. Who charges to have a refrigerator in the room?? The parking charge should have been stated, instead of hidden. I didn't appreciate the pressure of having to upgrade my room, because the one I choose on line was "so horrible." The overall price for this hotel and what was offered through amenities was just not worth it.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Food was great! Room and hotel were very clean

• Reviewed: September 10, 2017

The beds are so comfy.
    • Island King Room

They dont tell you about valet parking. Its 35 per night and there's no other parking around unless you want to walk far.

The beds are so comfy. Everyone is very nice and the pool and jacuzzi was amazing definitely the best hotel around the location.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2017

Great Place for a Getaway.
    • Bay View King

The rooms were decorated well and were spacious. The restaurant had excellent food and a nice casual setting. The pool is intimate and relaxing. The staff was very helpful. Located next to great shopping and nice selection of restaurants.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Never again
    • Island King Room

Not helpful..I had a problem asked for help at the check in desk ...they were rude and not compassionate at all.I am a big traveller...and first time ever I have such negative experience not even in less civilized contry than USA...Breekfast a la carte limited and not for everybody taste/request

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

My overnight get-away felt like a 4-day vacation!!
    • Island King Room

Parking is pricey - as it is in Newport Beach.

Loved the ultra-comfortable king bed and lux bathroom. Towels were so cozy and fluffy, felt spa-like. Relaxed in the bathrobe and gazed out at the ocean view from the comfortable lounge chair next to the floor to ceiling window. Just wonderful.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

Not a stellar Experience
    • Coastal View Corner Suite

1) On the first day (Stay was 9 days) I checked in I was told our room would be ready in a 1/2 hour or less. It was ready but needed to be inspected and to wait and they will come get me. after checking the status twice more my wait was 2 hours. Even after that I had to go and demand a update and request a hotel manager and then coincidentally the room was ready. I was not happy. 2) Air Conditioner would not adjust above 62 degrees 3) Rooms are ready for a "spruce up" at rates they charge 4) Mattress uncomfortable and sheets are ordinary for rates charged 5) Running water was cold 6) The Outdoor Bar has slow and inexperienced service 7) To put frosting on the cake our car was damaged by Valet on last day of visit as we were checking out of hotel. The rear hatch to our Range Rover was open while the Valet drove through the parking exit and he scraped the entire hatch door. The ultimate inconvenience. 8) This hotel is my hotel of choice and I have repeatedly stayed many times but the last few times I have questioned my choice.

Location, location and location Dinner at the Oak Grill is very good

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

Money Grubbing Hotel-Classy, NOT!!
    • Island King Room

Sadly, we will not be returning. The check in person was very young and inexperienced, and came across as very superficial. The $200.00/night incidental charge was not disclosed at booking and the "surprise" was not appreciated. When asked to speak to the manager, she sent this clerk back with a message. We again asked to speak directly to HER. She agreed to adjust the incidental fee but with restrictions, as if $100.00 per night was not enough. I purchased two margaritas for a friend and I, and one appetizer and got a bill of $54.00!!! No mention or prices on menu that margaritas were $17.00 EACH!! This hotel is all about making money. It's so sad and obvious that the workers are about TIPS. A few were genuinely nice, but servers around the pool were only interested in filling their wallets. They cater to the high rollers, they want the boozers who get drunk and lose track of their spending!! After being ripped off with no apology the first night (celebrating a friend's successful brain surgery) I had great satisfaction enjoying our pool time without ordering ONE drink from bar. We brought our own from our room. After paying $300.00/night, they also have the nerve to charge $45.00 for round futon chairs. I was very happy to see no one purchasing these chairs, and because it was cloudy, the server who tried to move us to the back lounge chairs (as there would be a "big crowd of drinkers soon) never got her big party of drinkers OR TIPS!! This place is shameless. Maybe a retraining on being genuinely concerned for your guests (and not just their green!!) would make us more willing to increase their hourly salaries. I have no problem rewarding good service, but to be unapologetically ripped off is shameful. We love Newport, dated and married here, but we'll be returning to the Balboa Bay Resort where we're treated as people first, not potential $$$$.

My husband and I celebrated our first "dating" anniversary when it was still the Four Seasins. We have been back once before to celebrate our wedding anniversary because of our sweet memories. It's got a beautiful pool and very comfortable king size beds; very clean.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2017

Best priced hotel in Newport.
    • Island King Room

Understaff could not get towels at jacuzzi and pool area needed to be cleaned. Took sometime to order lunch at the pool.

Comfortable pretty hotel. Very friendly valet people.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

Overall it's a really nice hotel
    • Island King Room

Just a few things that bugged me...This is not a cheap hotel, so I expect the property to be well maintained. There was a tear in the seam of the ceiling in the inside bar area, and the carpet was badly soiled in areas. There is no option to self park, so you'll pay $35 a night for valet. And the hotel charges a $20 "resort fee."

Overall, this was an exceptionally nice hotel. The pool area was awesome and the pool bar had a great watermelon jalapeño margarita. There is a daily "happy hour" where selected drinks and appetizers are 1/2 off, but that only applies to the inside bar, not by the pool. We stayed there for one night because we were attending a birthday party at a restaurant close to the hotel. It's a great hotel for staying more than one night. I feel like I didn't get to enjoy al the hotel had to offer with such a short stay. Next to the registration desk, there is a small "market place," which had snacks, drinks and other small items. The hotel offered a $5 credit toward any purchase in the store. Fashion Island (an upscale shopping center) is right across the street, along with several restaurants. When you're on the hotel property, you almost feel like you're on a tropical island. Would I stay there again? Absolutely!

• Reviewed: June 19, 2017

Don't stay here
    • Island King Room

I didn't like that I spent over $600 on a 2 night stay and I got the 3rd floor and at 11pm I had to call the front desk to ask how long the music would play soooo loud that I couldn't sleep in my room and the front desk answered 1am like it was no big deal!!! Are you kidding why would the front desk who checked you in not tell you by staying on this floor you wouldn't get a good nights sleep until after 1am? And then you check out Sunday am and they don't even ask you how your stay was??? Really because they know they screwed up. I would never stay at this place again after the $$$ I spent.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2017

Nice hotel, poor staff
    • Coastal View Corner Suite

I book my stay at the Island hotel through booking.com in which I had a early arrival and when I got there I payed for more rooms in Full and the front desk clerk was very rude and acted as if she didn't want to accommodate me. My family and I waited in the lobby for over four hours for a room, I know that check in time is at 3 o'clock and I made it there 1130 but normally at a hotels of its statue, they will accommodate you for the amount of money that you're spending and tthe management did not attempt to help me until around 3 o'clock. I had my niece and my daughter with me later on that night because I was going to take them to Disneyland the following day, the hotel security came up to my room three times asking could we keep the noise down and accuse me of smoking marijuana in the room, Mind you I that a 7 and 3 year old are in the suite with me for the night, when the two security personnel came to my room the first time I kindly welcomed them in and the noise level was at a very reasonable level along with the tv on at a low volum, my niece mom, which is my sister and her husband was there dropping off there daughter ,I had the largest room on the floor with only one room next to me, in which I ask for as my second room that got. The whole stay was pure hell. I stayed at five star hotels across the country and have never been treated this bad. There are plenty more issues that I encountered but there's not need to go in to detail, I would hate to say this was racially motivated because of my American descent..

The property was conveniently located close to the mall and lots of restaurants as far as nice day it was for fairly decent.The hotel is one of the best in the area.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2019

The view.
    • Premium King

Potatoes for breakfast can be better.

The view. Picture was taken from 10th floor.

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: February 7, 2019

I like the service and people are very very friendly.

Everything was great

I like the service and people are very very friendly. Location is great 👍🏻 ‘I would stay there again’

Stayed in February 2019

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

Staff customer service
    • Island King Room

Price .. staff couldn’t upgrade my room

Staff customer service

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Great place for visiting Pimco
    • Island King Room

Could not lock the window as it was high floor it was not a big Problem

Great place for visiting Pimco

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

The resort fee and parking is Outrageous.
    • Island King Room

The resort fee and parking is Outrageous. Making me pay that, makes me not tip any of your employees. I’ll

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

Restaurant and bar services during the day .
    • Island King Room

Restaurant and bar services during the day . Poor service . They pretend you don’t exist so you don’t ask for assistance

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Liked everything!

Liked everything!!

• Reviewed: October 7, 2018

Most outstanding hotel for its price.
    • Island King Room

The staff was incredibly attentive and kind and the rooms comfort exceeded my expectations

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Very nice comfortable hotel in an excellent location for...
    • Island King Room

Very nice comfortable hotel in an excellent location for walking to the nearby Fashion Island Mall.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Great service, beautiful rooms, nice gym & fun pool.
    • Island King Room

Great service, beautiful rooms, nice gym & fun pool.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Amazing hotel and friendly staff.
    • Luxury Double Queen

The location and the cleanest the friendly staff the swimming pool. Everything her meet my expectation.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

Came with friends for my birthday and we had the best time!
    • Luxury Double Queen

It was great we had wonderful time!

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

The Staff is exceptional
    • Island King Room

Carpet in room needs to be cleaned

The Staff is exceptional

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

Very enjoyable, would definitely stay there again
    • Pacific Suite

Beds very comfortable and suites very spacious

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

I love the bright and cheery colors in the room.
    • Coastal View Corner Suite

I love the bright and cheery colors in the room. So tasteful!!

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Glad I did it, wont again.
    • Island King Room

Nickel and domed for everything. Some things that shouldn't even be charged.

Bed was very soft and comfortable

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

there is no buffet for the breakfast and no Expresso.
    • Premium King

there is no buffet for the breakfast and no Expresso.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

• Island King Room

self parking is not available bed is not comfortable air condition were noisy the property is quite old no value for money

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Clean, comfortable, quiet.

n/a

Clean, comfortable, quiet.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Nice hotel. We got a good deal, but it felt like it was Vegas management ( money grabbing)
    • Island King Room

Parking options are limited.

Nice, clean, large quiet, bright room.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Wonderfully and luxurious!

Everything was great!

The hot tub and pool!

Been coming for 25 Years
    • Island King Room

Hotel getting tired. Needs a major update and remodeling

Ocean views. VIP club

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

Decent but NOT 5 star by far...!!!
    • Island King Room

The room did NOT have a cup for the coffee in the room

The front staff...

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Excellent!
    • Island King Room

Friendly staff & first rate facility.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Location and helpfulness of concierge
    • Luxury Double Queen

Parking fee was rediculously expensive

Location and helpfulness of concierge

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

The check in was very troublesome

The check in was very troublesome

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

Friendly staff,great atmosphere.

Absolutely nothing

Friendly staff,great atmosphere. Many dining options. Walking distance to fashion island which offerrs so much more as well.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Oak room was great!

Oak room was great!

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Perfect!

Perfect!

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

Comfortable bed, great location, fantastic amenities and...
    • Premium King

Comfortable bed, great location, fantastic amenities and great service.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2018

This is a wonderful property with an ideal location.
    • Island Corner Suite

They forgot to take our luggage out of the car leading to panic and comedy.

Beautifully maintained suites with pleasing interior design

• Reviewed: March 1, 2018

Very clean and comfortable, the staff was very helpful and...
    • Premium King

The valet parking charge of $35 wasn't disclosed prior to making reservations.

Very clean and comfortable, the staff was very helpful and nice.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

My wife and I were very happy with our room rate and...
    • Island King Room

My wife and I were very happy with our room rate and accommodations!!

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

Location of property, clean and very nice staff.
    • Island King Room

Location of property, clean and very nice staff. Wonderful amenities, I always stay here when Iam in town.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

valet parking with no option of self park.
    • Island King Room

valet parking with no option of self park. $35 per night.

We Price Match