Reviews of The Jabberwock Bed & Breakfast 3 stars

Based on 98 B&B reviews

9.7

9.8

• Queen Room with Ocean View with Detached Bathroom

No issues that I could think of, all needs taken care of.

Great breakfast, they accommodated my wife dietary needs. She is vegetarian and gluten free. Great snacks, wine, coffee, cookies, even jelly beans in our room. Every thing within walking distance. Great views from most of the rooms and dinning area.

• Queen Room with Ocean View

Very comfy bed. Great breakfast. Glass of wine in the evening with fellow guests & innkeepers. Cleanliness of room. Rick & Suzanne the innkeepers

Not a thing

From arrival, to departure, our stay was top notch. We were greeted with wine, cheese and crackers upon our 6pm arrival. Our staff member recommended dining options, and made our reservation for us once we settled on the place. The room was awesome and peaceful. Our breakfast was prompt and delicious. We will be back!

• Queen Room with Ocean View with Detached Bathroom

Steep hill walking up from cannery row area. Whew!

Breakfast was delicious both days, more than expected. Evening wine and appetizers was a lovely time to visit with the owners and other guests.

• Queen Room with Ocean View with Detached Bathroom

We were in the room with the private bath down the hall from our room. We kept it lock and it was ours. I just wish I would have gotten the room with the bath in the room. But it was not tooo bad. Just traveling with a 9 year old, I should have paid more attention to that.

The innkeepers made my son (9 years old) and I feel like we were home as soon as we got there. He and I both enjoyed the covered patio area where we played games and sipped on hot chocolate and coffee. We didn't want to leave! And the breakfast....my son said that is the best breakfast he's ever had. We had the Phantasmagoria. It was soooo good, I bought the recipe so I could try to make it at home. Next time, I may just bring hubby for a little romantic getaway. But it was perfect for my son and I. Great for families.

• Bungalow with Sea View

This place is magical. The house and the surroundings are both comfortable and unique. Suzanne and Rick are amazing hosts, making us feel super welcome.

• Queen Room with Garden View

Didn’t know there would be so many stairs. I was traveling with an elderly parent. But that’s not really their fault because I didn’t ask.

Owner was very friendly and kind. Gave us some good info about local restaurants.

• Queen Room with Ocean View

Incredible hospitality and attention to detail. The breakfast and evening snack was awesome. Loved the personal touches and our host told us the story well. Great experience. Main thing is it was pretty expensive and not sure would spend that much in the future. Also, the room was quite small (but well laid out and incredible view) and there weren't pictures on the website. Each room is quite unique.

• Deluxe King Suite with Ocean View

More explict choices on breakfast. They fixed other than normal breakfast to some, but that fact that you can ask for differen breakfast was not communicated when we checked in.

Clean and nicely decorated.. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Queen Room with Ocean View

I didn't think that the room was worth the money. The shower was in the bedroom and the toilet wasn't very private either. Also it was a lot of steps up to the room.

The owner Rick and his staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Queen Room with Ocean View with Detached Bathroom

The walk back to the Inn from Cannery Row does include a steep hill, but Monterey is well serviced by uber, so if you are less mobile getting back still shouldn't be a problem.

The Inn was within easy walking distance of Cannery Row & it's attractions & the streets feel safe. The staff were attentive & had great recommendations for places to eat & things to see.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Ocean View

The location on the side of the hill was a bit of a challenge to walk up. At least a 15% grade and while this affords the great views, it was tough after being stuffed at the great restaurants nearby.

The staff, the food, the view and the home/building were all excellent! Very beautiful

• Queen Room with Ocean View with Detached Bathroom

Very interested in how quality of building was better than homes built since after WWII. Great views and would book a lifetime in this great home! Learn history by booking stay so you can view how quality of home building was built before Corporations and subdivisions cheapened home building. You will not be satisfied at your present home after you see what true quality in homes built that were custom built not mass produced. GO SEE!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Cant think of anything .

We loved our stay. It was a wonderful 2 days and we met some great people. The owners were wonderful along with the staff. We would/will come back again. Oh, also Delicious Breakfasts!

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Queen Room with Ocean View with Detached Bathroom

Unusual sweet breakfast for us Aussies...

Lovely location, very accommodating host who upgraded our room for us (& meant no steps!) but too short a stay

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Queen Room with Garden View

The Jabberwock Bed & Breakfast was an amazing experience. Beautifully appointed, enchanting ambience, faultless service, delicious breakfasts and heaps of complementary extras that made my stay there an absolute delight.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Among the other 3 rooms I booked, 2 of them are a little bit small.

We get to stay at the cottage of the house. Beautiful and spacious. Breakfast and complimentary drinks are great.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Queen Room with Ocean View with Detached Bathroom

Beautiful building with large sitting rooms and garden. Very quirky with references to Alice In Wonderland everywhere. The owners could not have been friendlier.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Having to come home

Felt like home from home. Exceptional accommodation with perfect hosts providing wonderful extra touches such as wine, sherry, cookies and hors d'ouevres in the afternoons. Lovely inventive breakfasts provided in very comfortable and friendly surroundings.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Queen Room with Ocean View with Detached Bathroom

Everything about this bed and breakfast was absolutely amazing . The staff were incredibly helpful and the food was lovely and very inventive. So many little added treats ... Wine.. Canapés... Coats borrowed for the whale watching ... Bath robes in the room ... Jelly beans ... humming birds in the garden .

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Queen Room with Ocean View

The room was small and had the shower and sink in the room which we did not expect.

The owners were very very nice. The breakfast was excellent and the bed was comfortable. Everything was neat and clean.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• Queen Room with Garden View

The house is beautiful with a view of the bay. Rick fostered an environment that welcomed guests to interact with each other which is a nice change. Breakfast was delicious. Rick served aurderves in the evening that were very tasty and had cookies and soft drinks available whenever. The location is fantastic, only a 5 minute walk to the water. I would love to go back.

• Bungalow with Sea View

my wife and I came from Minnesota and were treated with charm and beauty, The room was great and the view at the tum tum tree was great.

• Queen Room with Ocean View

3rd time to stay in this place; wonderful experience on it; will be back again & again

The inn was cute, clean, well kept, and the breakfast was delicious. It was even table service!

• Queen Room with Garden View

The speed of the wifi is not fast and often disconnected.

The room is comfortable and inn keepers are so kind. Staying there is enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Queen Room with Ocean View with Detached Bathroom

Wonderful inn with long history. The host is very nice to show us around. Classic decoration. I will definitely visit again when I will be there.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Queen Room with Ocean View with Detached Bathroom

Ability to walk to ocean, aquarium, shopping and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Ocean View

Good location , wonderful B&B

Toilet very small and shower in bedroom.

Very welcoming

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Queen Room with Ocean View

Excellent thematic hotel, very cosy and with great location.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Queen Room with Ocean View with Detached Bathroom

Such welcoming staff. Loved the unusual breakfast and quirks. Fantastic evening canapés and wine and treats in the room.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

All good.

Great location, staff and owners. Thanks...

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Queen Room with Ocean View with Detached Bathroom

Characteristic house based on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Location is 5-minutes walk from Cannery Row. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Queen Room with Ocean View with Detached Bathroom

What a perfect stay! Awesome location and great staff. Would definitively come again in the future.

• Reviewed: 2 May 2016

Everything was fantastic. The care and attention to detail shone through. The room was beautiful, the bed super comfy, the wine, the canapés, the milk & cookies, the friendly welcome, the information on bars and restaurants - just one of the nicest places we'v e ever stayed.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

Breakfasts are changed daily....one day savory one day sweet. Wish there were both choices every day.

The quaint, simple elegance is everywhere you look. From the gardens to the dining areas to the ultra comfy beds this place is a wonderful find.

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

The only thing not to like is having to leave.

Whimsical and delightful bed and breakfast inn centered around the Lewis Carroll namesake poem. We were warmly greeted by the innkeeper and given a tour of the inn. The facilities were very clean and recently updated, e.g. new carpet, new bathroom, yet retained the charm of the 1900s style original architecture. Gourmet evening hors d'oeuvres and morning breakfast. Delightful furnishings and decor. Fantastic views of Monterey Bay, walking distance to Cannery Row and the Aquarium. Easy drive to Pacific Grove and Carmel.Perfect for a romantic getaway.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2016

Jabberwocky is the poem from Alice in Wonderland, lots of memorabilia around this theme! The coziness of the atmosphere made you feel like you were in your own home. The surrounding area was beautiful, close to the gorgeous coastline! The staff were extremely accommodating. The details in this site are not to be missed!

• Reviewed: 18 March 2016

This is probably my top pick of places here in USA and abroad where I have ever stayed ❗️I cannot say enough wonderful things about this inn. Proprietors were over the top in accommodation of my desires. Rick and Suzanne each went out of their way to accommodate me. Staff prepared the most delicious gluten free breakfasts every day. ~ I gained several pounds because I never left s crumb behind! Since I am recovering from total shoulder replacement surgery , I needed assistance in many ways. Before I even asked, they were there helping me. My adorable room was on the third floor, and of course going to all the shops in Monterey and Carmel, I made several purchases. Someone always took items to my room ; I never had to ask. As a lover of architecture and antiques, this inn was like walking into paradise . The theme of the inn is Alice in Wonderland, and the attention to detail is phenomenal . I will stop writing now because I could go on and on about this lovely place.....just as good as it gets❗️

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

everything was great

Old B&B designed in victorian style. Great personal hospitality from the owners. Rooms small, but super charming. Hand made pancakes for breakfast, tea and delicious cookies throughout the day.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2016

When we first arrived to the property, we were given some history of the property. Because it is a bed/breakfast property, we had breakfast there and the owner served us. Also, each room has it's own characteristics. Our room was on the 2nd floor and we had a magnificant view of the ocean

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

The residential location wasn't private nor entirely peaceful. Direct Neighbors have dogs and there were quite a few skateboarding teenagers. It wasn't unbearable, but the dogs barking at odd ours and packs of young men howling and skating was bothersome at times.

The linens were fabulous and the jacuzzi tub was nice and hot! The other guests of the Inn were polite and quiet.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2015

A unique home with themed and detailed decorations, very friendly and helpful staff, delicious breakfasts, and unexpected extra amenities (e.g. sleep number beds!) made for a delightful stay.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2015

A wonderland in the beautiful Monterey Bay! The house is so lovely that I really adore everything in it! It is also my greatest stay in America and I would sure come back!

• Reviewed: 26 August 2015

The wireless internet signal was a little weak, but that wasn't a necessity for us anyways.

What a unique place! We loved the theme of the house and the staff was great!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

We picked wrong room . Was too small for us and bathroom down corridor..

Excellent friendly service .complimentary Wine ,soda and snacks were good. Such an interesting place to stay and lovely garden . Very close to cannery row.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2015

I loved everything sbout the place. Interesting decor , quirky . There's something to take your interest in every room. Fabulously comfortable beds and a great welcome.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2015

The inn and grounds are beautiful. It is close to the aquarium, Cannery Row, and the beach. The beds were very comfy, the food was wonderful. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2015

The extra amenities. Wine & appetizer social, homemade cookies & tea always available, delicious breakfast with interesting friendly guest mingling.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2015

Price. You could hear everything that was said and done in house. Too much sweet for breakfast

Free Wifi. Free parking. Vine and aperitif. The staff were very helpful with everything

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

No sound barrier between bathroom and bedroom

Personal attention to detail.

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

Third floor room small and difficult to get to

Breakfast and wine was great

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

Beautiful setting. Wonderful people. Great vacation.

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

Breakfast was a good pastry but would have preferred some eggs and bacon or something like that

Location, old world home, clean, landscaping

• Reviewed: 25 March 2016

The breakfasts were quite outstanding

• Reviewed: 5 November 2015

Everything! Really one of the coolest places I've ever stayed. The staff even arranged for excellent weather!

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

Charming, attractive, comfortable. They offered afternoon wine and appetizers which got everyone staying there together. Very friendly atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

Everything.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2015

I love the whole Alice in Wonderland theme.

• Reviewed: 6 June 2015

• Reviewed: 1 April 2015

Rick and Suzanne vision realized. Warm and gracious hosts. Food and hospitality

• Reviewed: 27 January 2015

Everyone very helpful and informative of the local area.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2015

Nothing to complain

Everything. Rick (owner) was great and the whole house is amazing. Location perfect

• Reviewed: 16 January 2015

Delicious breakfast, room is clean and warm, Charisse is very nice, we have a great time there.

• Reviewed: 2 January 2015

Small, noisy bed

The xmas decorariions, rhe food

There are also 15 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.