Reviews of Kent Hotel 3 stars

#94 of 420 hotels in Miami Beach

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Doesn’t disappoint!
    • Standard Queen Room

This was second time visiting the hotel and everyone was great as I remembered. Monica was always very friendly and treat us like family. She’s a very valuable employee. The hotel was beautiful, clean and in a very centric spot. I recommend staying here.

The best!!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

This was my first time in Miami and let me tell you this hotel was great!! The staff was amazing so friendly and caring. Check out was at 12 my flight wasn’t until 9 that night and the kept my luggage! If your young and want to party this is the perfect place for you.

Good location.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms are smaller than the pictures. There was a weird smell in the room, little fusty. No hair dryer in the room.

Good location. Friendly staff. Decent room.

Great location for a cool Art Deco hotl
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a bit too cold in the room even in fan mode, and the scent of the bathroom (maybe because it was an inside room with no window). I think we also missed a complimentary kettler to prepare some coffee or tea. But nothing that would prevent me from coming back, as I believe it only need some minor adjustment

The personel was so kind and helpful. The room was big enough for 3 and the style is cool, and ceilings are hight: it give the impression of a larger room. And we had a small dressing to store our suitcase, that was cool to get dress too ;-)

It was a motel, not a 3 star hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room

We got a room that was totally different from the photos on the booking website. We were requesting an upper level room thru our booking and they offered us a room at the ground level. Later, we overheard that some rooms are recently renovated and some are totally old. The first thing we noticed from the room we got was that the door of the room was heavily getting stuck and we needed to force it a lot every time (my wife couldn't handle that). The electronic keys were almost one time use only and we had to regularly get back to the reception. The AC was so noisy and couldn't allow sleeping thru night. At the time of check-in, we got informed that they are running maintenance and they need to shut off the water valve for 4 days each day for 3 hours around noon time, and there was no information about this inconvenience at the time we booked the hotel. During almost 3 days of our stay, we were having hot water coming from both cold and hot water valves. We informed the reception about it and they behaved like we are crazy and don't know the difference between the cold and the hot water valves in the bathroom. The guy at the reception was rude. Most of the people who are working there couldn't speak English.

It was almost clean. The room was big and the closet was also good in size. There was a safe inside the room. The hotel was located 5 min walk from the beach.

Staff was amazing!
    • Standard Queen Room

Staff was amazing! Super helpful and attentive. The room was very clean and definitely great value for the price. Location was simply amazing! In the heart of south beach and walking distance to everything. The bar/restaurant was great too. Couldn’t have asked for more at such an affordable price!

The Kent 2018
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom had little gnats coming from either the shower drain or sink they were everywhere on the bathroom walls. And the bathroom drain smelled really bad other then that it was amazing

Location and staff are the best!
    • Standard Queen Room

Not all rooms are new, they are still refurbishing 1st Level. Ask for a new room. No pool or other facilities.

Very perfectly located, staff. Internet a little unstable but works good. My room was new, comfortable very in a very modern style.

We enjoyed the Kent hotel So much and this was our first time in South beach such a wonderful time!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms were a little small for the price, and i did not like the lime tree restaurant at all downstairs.

Our first time coming to south beach and we loved it! All the staff and everyone were very welcoming and friendly! The location is also perfect for the strip, so close to everything and very clean! We will be coming back to stay soon.

I'd return again without any qualms.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Two bottles of bubbly instead of one?? 😎

I read a couple of less than positive reviews but was impressed that MGMT addressed them quickly. Our room was great, no complaints. Staff were friendly and helpful. I'd return to the Kent and absolutely recommend it to family and friends.

Rooms are more for 1 person
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom is very very small with no place to lay your things. The room itself was quite small. If you want to walk in the room, the other person has to stay out of the way. The walls are thin so you hear your neighbors too well.

The beds were very comfortable. The location is great, Good restaurants in the neighborhood.

Overall the stay was awesome at Kent...I would definitely come back!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The booking information said breakfast came as a freebie and that was not the case! Also, the internet wasn’t always available for connection to my device.

Kent Hotel is walking distance to everything! The decor and design of the hotel was awesome as well as the people who worked there!

Nice location, was in walking distance to the beach, and...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

No curbside parking. Valet was $35.

Nice location, was in walking distance to the beach, and little night spots we wanted to go to. Front desk staff was awesome during check in, and check out. The clerk that did the overnight shift was very nice as well. We will def stay at the Kent Hotel again in the future.

The bedding and room was to to small I felt claustrophobic...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not like the service from the bellboy that refused to get my luggage guy told me I had to bring it downstairs when he turned right around went to another guest room and brought their luggage down or the valet parking company driving my car like he’s the NASCAR driver banged up my rims on the sidewalk started cursing 🤬 etc. at me cause I was upset the way he was handling my vehicle.

The bedding and room was to to small I felt claustrophobic in the room also the bed was entirely too short small whatever you want to call it and the staff really suck the morning staff not when I checked in. I will could go on and on but if someone follow up with my complaint I greatly appreciate it. I couldn’t get any rest that night because you had some other guests that was fussing and fighting in the hallway right across from my room where nothing was did about it I started to call the cops myself

It was a nice hotel in a fantastic location, but not worth the amount we paid.
    • Standard Queen Room

My husband and I would leave in the beach in the morning, and return at 4/4:30 pm and our room was NEVER cleaned, despite the "please tidy up" sign we hung prior to leaving. The door to our room gave us AWFUL trouble. It was very frustrating... Front desk rekeyed our room two different times, but neither time did anyone offer to actually come to the room to see what was wrong. So every time we needed to enter the room, we'd spend a few minutes outside the door inserting and re-inserting the door key over and over and over again until it would finally open.

Excellent location, and friendly staff. Room was very small, but clean, and the bed was comfortable. I also liked that they had a free ice cold water fountain for guests to use. Was a lifesaver!

A very delightful stay.
    • Standard Queen Room

From the first moment we arrived we felt really comfortable. Monica was at the front desk and she was really polite and friendly. She recommended places to go and explore. Then we met Christian and he was also very nice. When we checked-in they received us with a bottle of champagne and with the surprise that we were upgraded to the suite, 324. The stay was very delightful and the location of the hotel was awesome. Definitely I would recommend the hotel to my friends.

I will be booking here again.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

There’s nothing I didn’t like about this place.

I love the friendly staff especially Chris.. This is my second time staying here within 9 months an I will be booking here again and again. Chris is so nice and sweet he help us with everything. I love the newly upgraded rooms. The restaurant in the hotel has great food.

It was pleasant after Luis and Melissa accommodated our needs.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like how my party arrived at 7 and had to check in around 4pm. We requested early check in the workers were not moving expeditiously to get us in a room. There were flies in our room. (Fruit flies) Chris is horrible. Has rude responses and needs to evaluate why he is working in customer service.

Melissa:She was amazing and accommodated all of our needs Luis: He was amazing after we got to know him. He offered us a later check out due to our chaotic experience

best price, decent avarage hotel in miami among most crappy hotel in Miami beach
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The wifi not reaching all rooms specially first floor at the back side, the internet is not stable sometimes, the elevator is a bit scary, they don't have a slide to make easy move laggages,there are no air vantalation at bathroom to rid of shower moist and smells after using bathroom, also I would like them to add option in the shower between still shower and movable phone shape one, no water heater for tea and coffee

I like their beds, decorations,TV screens,bathrooms, lighting choices, the reception site,location of the hotel where everything from services shope to Cafe, restaurant even laundry place are around you, the PRICES avarage and maybe less comparing to other in Miami Beach with the good services and decent facility.

The room was extremely small for 2 people.

See above

The room was extremely small for 2 people. No dressers, no refrigerator, lighting very dim in bathroom. No room service had to order from adjourning restaurant, no pool. Great location. Staff very professional and friendly

From initially entering the hotel the smell of the building...
    • Standard Queen Room

From initially entering the hotel the smell of the building is phenomenal! Chris Wielandt the front desk agent was absolutely the best I’ve ever experienced in a long time. It was me and my wife’s second anniversary he upgraded our room immediately, presented us with a bottle champagne no question asked, and anything that we requested he accommodated. I would definitely recommend The Kent to any of my associates visiting Miami. The location is perfect the rooms are clean, and we loved the shower. We will definitely be staying there whenever we frequent MIAMI! Randolph Mapp Jr.

I would stay here again.
    • Standard Queen Room

Only issue, I was billed twice. Had to call my bank to dispute the charge.

Great location, friendly staff. My room overlooked the outside patio with really nice lighting.

Great location, friendly staff. Definitely will be back.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was really dimly lit when I first walked in but once I realized there was a dimmer control on the light switch it was great.

The staff were really nice, greeted us and immediately offered a bottle of water which was awesome. I feel like we got an awesome rate for the area it is in. Check out was super easy and I am def. planning to go back.

Use the hotel for sleeping only and enjoy surrounding attractions
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Reception staff are not really friendly and one of them is rude. In addition, there was smell in the room coming from the bathroom sewerage system ( it is not strong but you can smell it).

Excellent location and relatively clean rooms.

Quite Excellent!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The air conditioning and refrigerator are noisy.

The clerks are quite nice and the cleaners would keep our room clean every day. They provide shampoo, toothpaste, body lotion, and concealer for us. There is a small dressing room and I like the shower. The beds are comfortable, either.

The staff was nice and gave me a nicer room than I paid for.
    • Standard Queen Room

The linen was polyester, pimply and awful. I asked for some extra time in the am before check out, and the staff were adamant that I be out by 1:30. I felt like I was in Russia 100 years ago from the way the hotel looked.

The staff was nice and gave me a nicer room than I paid for.

Perfect
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was clean and very comfortable. Loved the feel and experience during my visit. It was also my birthday and they gave me a complimentary bottle which was unexpected but made my day !

Very nice stay and will be staying again at this property.
    • Standard Queen Room

Everything was exactly how it appeared on the website. We enjoyed our stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the room was very clean, comfortable and relaxing. We could walk right out to the beach from this hotel.Very Nice!!

The location of the hotel was pretty nice.
    • Standard Queen Room

The A/C was a small unit in the wall that barely kept the room cool. The ceilings were exceptionally high so the room never quite reached the right temperature and due to the high humidity in Miami, the room was always at a constant 76 and balmy. Not ideal for a hotel suite. The bathroom was dark and there wasn't a fan/exhaust to circulate air in the bathroom. The outlets to charge any electrical device were far and few between.

The location of the hotel was pretty nice. It was close enough to the beach to feel the breeze, but far enough to avoid the noise.

Be carefull, if you will go to the downtown or Wynwood - check the streets which are not safety.
    • Standard Queen Room

Wifi connection drops out. And strange smell in the bathroom for first two days. No view - view just to wall next building or to back street.

Room was really nice and clean. Bed was amazingly big and comfortable.

Was like Vegas

That ever hotel on South Beach didn't treat as good as Cris the front desk,

The front desk, officials in the country the property was awesome showers with easy to get in and out of sheets and beds were amazingly comfortable they greeted us with champagne and we had a loaf of problems with the storm and our cards and really the most helpful people that I've ever dealt with I'm in the hotel industry and I would say you have to stay here this is a great place to be and the staff was THE BESt I just want to take him back to Vegas with me

Clients, NOT so good Vacation
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Unprofessional ism, organization, and hospitality.

Unsatisfied with Management and Sales Dept, which my clients, as a Travel Agent were not satisfied and very uncomfortable with Management hospitality. Due too the many problems that were experienced; during my clients stay at the Kent hotel, I as a Travel Agent; will not be providing future business,due to the many unprofessional events that I as a Agent; experienced with this establishment. (Excluding the Front Desk Clerk: Chris), thank you for your assistances, during my clients stay!

Lovely place to stay. Walking distance to everything. Kind staff and very clean. Love it 😍
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Like everything about this place.

Did not have a view but the location was clean, safe, comfortable and the staff was very nice and polite. I will stay here again. Newly renovated!!!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

I loved our room.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was an additional $100 hold for incidentals and it was an alley view. But no need for the view when your a block from the beach.

I loved our room. We had a corner room that had so much space. The tv was huge and we had an awesome bathroom with double sinks and jet tub. The hotel was literally a block from the hot spots on Ocean Dr. Absolutely loved it!

South Beach Haven
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The waitress in the connected restaurant has a really bad attitude.

Everything was great, the desk agents were all awesome, super friendly and accommodating!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Amazing hotel
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I loved everything about this hotel..it was very relaxing and laid back..the rooms were very clean and beds were super comfy.. . the staff were extremely helpful and very kind especially "Chris the man" lol.. I will be staying again on my next trip to Miami ❤️

good stop, heart of sobe
    • Standard Queen Room

water pressure, but it is an older building in Miami, so it was expected to be a bit weaker

good room, good staff working. comfortable bed, huge tv, AC was cranked getting into the room which is a huge bonus for Miami Beach.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Chris the front Desk Agent was very friendly and helpful. The room were just like seen on the website. Very impressive. Alex, Louis was nice also. I will book at Kent Hotel again.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Won't Return!! Don't be Cheap!!!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms aren't completely finished. No curtains on window . Just a large white shade. No looking out the window because all you'd see was a alley. So the use of lighting was a must!! What made me very upset was the smell once u walk in the room, it felt very muggy. You would've thought that the hotel had a pool. Also second night there I noticed that the lady doing housekeeping didn't change my sheets. When I confronted her she played dumb. I thought that was VERY disgusting & disappointing. I don't think I will ever return to this hotel. But like I said for the price you get what you get.

The price of the hotel was Very Convenient & close to beach. Chris from the front desk was very helpful.

The staff was great other than the manager.
    • Standard Queen Room

Apparently the room we had was the old part of hotel, the view was the ally, couldn't let shade up without it falling, musky smell in room when a/c on and the couple we travled with booked room directly with hotel after i did and got a better deal newer room (The one in the picture) king sz bed and paid less money, on top of that the power went out from 10pm to the next day and no said anything to us to see if we were ok or anything, we understand that it wasn't the hotels faught but we had to track down the manager which was very rude. I believe his name was Matthew He stated i gave you a night free what else do you want and walked away, what about checking on your guest we couldn't see anything cell phones were dead no light. The rest of the staff was great why wasn't he. Why don't the hotel have a back up generator

The staff was great other than the manager. The rooms were clean, bathroom was nice. The did refund one night

I had a good time due to my room location.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The price, the size of the room and the cleanliness. Also the hotel didn't offer the tenants free meals.

I liked the privacy, such as the room being singled out. I liked the location in Collins, you're close to everything.

Fun in the sun
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing, there was a odd smell in the room but nothing a little spray couldn't fix. We will definitely be going back to the Kent!

Staying at the Kent, you are walking distants from everything. Justin checked us in and Langford helped us with our bags. They also helped us our whole stay. The modern deco hotel is very beautuful!

Total disappointment!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Although I ve booked a room one month ago we ended up in this room facing the noisey bar. We were given ear plugs! right after we checked in. It was impossible to have some rest after 13 hours of flight! Room was very dark with very little headlights. There was no cold water running from the tap and it was not easy to brush our teeth with hot boiling water!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Location & convenience to everything
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing not to like Have always love the Kent hotel. It's been 10 years since I was last on SoBe & The Kent was the last place I stayed there If course the price has increase more from 10 years ago especially when you travel alone 🤑

Location & convenience to everything

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

excellent location in an interesting and vibrant city.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Unfortunately there are no drawers in the bedroom and actually nowhere to put all the 'stuff' one travels with. Otherwise, it was very comfortable.

Although there were construction works going on around and about, this hotel is in a good central location, without being right on South Beach. Interesting visit to this vibrant city.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

More pros than cons. I would definitely stay there again.
    • Standard Queen Room

No breakfast in the morning. Small room, small bathroom, and my view was directly to the alley.

The bed was absolutely comfortable. The room was small but it was remodeled so it was beautiful. Very elegant. House keeping was great and the majority of the staff was pleasant, although most of them didn't speak English very well. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at The Kent.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Good deal !
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

room (very) poorly isolated against noise, view from the room on a wall under construction

super friendly and helpfull staff, location one block from the beach and awesome bed

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Fun cool place in great location
    • Standard Queen Room

Satellite TV didn't work and staff just dismissed it as satellite issues that they couldn't do anything about. It froze up every 30 secs regardless of weather. Front desk staff lack polite friendly communication skills. Should train cleaning staff to not slam doors all morning long.

Great style and location

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Perfect stay for a miami stop
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The building just aside our window was under restoration and since 8 am we had workers outside our windows doing crazy noise

The room was very nice and the interior looked new and just restored. Very basic and minimal but functional

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Could not be happier! Perfect hotel!
    • Standard Queen Room

The Kent is my favorite hotel! Extremely clean, amazing staff, and perfect location. I will not stay anywhere else in Miami!

Room and location was great.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room and location was great. Close to the beach and party location!! Great great great!!

wonderful
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

convenient and walking distance to everything.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Coming back soon
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Small elevator and air conditioning didnt work i that room.

The room was very nice , bathroom beautiful

Pleasant
    • Standard Queen Room

Small room but is a boutique hotel so

The lighting.
    • Standard Queen Room

The lighting. The room/ bed was very neat and clean

Staff very friendly, hotel clean and quiet.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff very friendly, hotel clean and quiet. Very pleasant stay.

Most Comfortable Beds
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were very comfortable. The shower was nice. Also, the espresso martinis

Guests noise

Guests noise

Great.

The view.

Great location, friendly and helpful staff. Would stay again.

Near everything clean nice size bathroom confortable bed

Near everything clean nice size bathroom confortable bed

Awesome thanks !
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Location, clean room and bathroom

Front desk staff, close to the beach
    • Standard Queen Room

No pool, rooms were small, tv reception was poor

Front desk staff, close to the beach

Enjoyed my stay, fabulous location and remodeled rooms look great
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Loud AC unit and cable would pause often

Bed was soft, great closet space, the lights were high tech, huge shower head

Crazy had to sit in the lobby for 1 Hour to check in

Parking was horrible

Room

great

everything

A great stay
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was great and helpful

Homely
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff were helpful, very good natured and treated any problems or requests on merit

I would definitely be back!

Everything was Great

The fact they had a bar and food connected. Beautiful Scenery

Good location.

A little expensive

Good location. Good staff.

A Well Rested Stay
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I like the fact that Chris W. At the front desk was professional ,represented the company well,and made my friends and I feel at home.

Helpful and friendly staff, modern and clean room.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Helpful and friendly staff, modern and clean room. Good location.

No pool

No pool

Great location. Nice hotel.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff could be more responsive

Awesome location

Everything was great . Recommend highly
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was so helpful and friendly. The room was exactly as shown in the pictures. Clean and great location.Definetly will visit and stay again.

A freak place
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything and everyone , was great everyone was helpful and happy.