Reviews of The Keystone Lodge and Spa by Keystone Resort 4 stars

#2 of 28 hotels in Keystone

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

A different Colorado in the Mountains
    • Lodge King Room

The European location - in the mountains in the cool of the day. I was surprised to have valet parking as well. Lovely to have a really pleasant range of staff in the restaurant and then next morning to have breakfast au natural beside the Lake. My wife said she could have spent a week!

Great stay outside of Breckenridge
    • Lodge King Room

The lodge itself is great but it is 9 miles from Breckenridge and there are very few dining options available to chose from.

Patio sized balcony with a great view. Access to hiking trails. Driveable to many other outdoor activities. Very comfortable and clean room.

The view from the hotel and the deck area is beautiful.
    • Lodge Queen Room

The bed was not very comfortable. Was sloping to the middle. The pillows were quite thick. A variety of thickness would be awesome, but unfortunately all 4 of them were the same.

The view from the hotel and the deck area is beautiful. The room was spacious and neat and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful from valet to check-in. We had a balcony and could watch the beautiful sunrise. The restaurant area is cosy with a great selection. The fitness center is quite nice.

It is a really comfortable and quiet hotel.
    • Lodge King Room

It is a really comfortable and quiet hotel. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and competent. The arrangements for our dog was ideal, however there is a non-refundable $35 cleaning fee. We will be back.

Keystone was a nice mtn ( Great for Kids) but I think we would go back to Steamboat or Vail.
    • Loft Suite

The room was hot - hard to get the heat adjusted right. The Pool could use a cleaning - filter. There was some confusion on the new Kid services at the Spa. No one at the Lodge knew anything about how the end of season lift tickets were priced.

The staff was responsive/friendly but often did not have the answers and had to re-direct, and then re-re-direct. But were good at looking to make it right.

nice place, nice weather, nice trip
    • Lodge Queen Room

only one elevator was in operation during our stay, the rooms were very warm (too warm) even with the a/c set at 60 degrees, we were overlooked on bed service one day and our first night I requested a rollaway bed but it did not come until the next days 2nd request.

the hotel was up to date, comfortable and their staff was very helpful, the shuttle service was convenient.

The lap of luxury, best food, amazing spa and pool, and simply phenomenal staff
    • Lodge King Room

The ONLY complaint, literally the one thing I wasn't in awe of...is the lack of a fridge in my room. But hey, it's in snowy mountains, so we kept our drinks on the balcony. It's an easily, eventually remedied factor by hotel management if they so choose.

Everything was extremely comfortable and well kept, the absence of a fridge would be my ONLY complaint. Beds were great, and our balcony (all rooms face the mountain and pool) was wicked cool. I can't say enough positive about the staff. The drivers of the courtesy shuttle were ready, flexible, knowledgeable and helpful overall, as were the valets in checking and retrieving our skis. The front desk was accommodating and willing to go the extra mile over and over. The pool, hot tub, and spa employees were a real highlight. Swimming while it's snowing, able to walk into a pool inside and then swim out, is really a luxury. The spa is open until 10, which is just enough time to ski at night and make it back to soak and steam! The very best part was the food. For the first time in my life, upon dining at the Bighorn Grill, I asked to meet and compliment the chef. I had the Pan-Seared Scallops, which were divine, and the risotto...which blew me away! I can't tell you how great this risotto was! My friend got a steak which agreed was one of the best cuts of meat he'd ever tasted, and my kids loved their Lobster Mac & Cheese and the Butter Noodles. Colin, the young chef, is a total up-and-comer and he was very humble and appreciative of our praise. The Lakeside Cafe was our sweet spot for breakfast, and Krista, our waitress, bent over backward to make our meals memorable and was among the very best servers I've ever come across. The eggs benedict was amazing, and the weekend buffet (kids eat free) was fantastic! It's not too far from the lifts, and between the shuttle and the bus (Silver route to Mountain House, Red Route to River Run) keep you back and forth within minutes every time. I was spoiled rotten by the Keystone Lodge and Spa and my bar is simply too high, to ever risk staying elsewhere in the future. For having selected it at random, I hit a grand slam out of the park and was a hero to my two grateful children!

Incredible facilities and service. Superb!
    • Lodge King Room

Amazing service on every level. They have thought of everything and so helpful. Excellent in terms of facilities and cleanliness. Absolutely loved staying here. Don’t want to leave!

Excellent stay and can't wait to go back! I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone!
    • Lodge King Room

Noisy at night. The walls seem thin so we heard lots of voices and banging from other rooms. We wish there had been a fan or something to create white noise.

The staff were all super friendly and accommodating. The cooperation between all Keystone staff and the staff specific to The Lodge was second to none. The spa facilities were excellent. My facial was lovely and the relaxation room was super posh. The room was large and comfortable and the restaurants in the hotel were very good.

Wish I could get a partial refund !
    • Lodge King Room

The employees were not helpful with direction at all! They all seems irritated when asked how to get around the resort

My room was dirty when I got there . There was trash and a badge in the ice bucket from the previous guest as well as old pizza underneath the bed ! Not clean at all!

A wonderful facility for families to enjoy a winter vacation with plenty of options of things to do
    • Lodge King Room

The resort did not honor the free lift ticket for both children under the age of 11. The resort blamed booking.com for the error. , saying I should have booked through them (not a 3rd party). While at the booth to get the preordered tickets for the rest of the family, I learned of the error. However, after a 15 min. wait, the resort did honor one child free lift ticket. There is not any mention of only one child limit for free lift ticket

The steaks were the best I have ever had, very tinder and full of flavor. The beds were perfect.

Overall extremely pleasant stay : my girlfriend, my dog and I had a lovely time.

Bathroom / Shower

Rooms / Bed / Parking / Breakfast (avocado bagel & banana pancakes) / Location / Staff / Guests / Dog friendly

Polite front desk staff, free toothpaste.
    • Lodge King Room

Valet rushed to my car which had dogs in it and did not accommodate my service animal who recently went through surgery. We needed more time to exit the car with belongings and the valet person was not understanding stating we needed to hurry because it is a busy night for them. The shower curtain had a large yellow stain on it. The shower head needed cleaned as hard water and sulfa deposits did not allow water to come from all the openings. Low Pressure! No mini fridge in room.

Polite front desk staff, free toothpaste.

Very disappointed, unsatisfactory.
    • Lodge King Room

Unfriendly Staff. Inconvenient location; nothing to walk to. Only one true restaurant, which isn’t equal to the hotel capacity(???). Fills up too quickly. Rooms are very dated. Doors in room stick, to the point that one has to pull very hard on the knobs. Popcorn ceilings...really?! Small TV. Tap water in provided water bottles! Extremely overpriced; if the experience matched, would no issues in that department. Very unsatisfied! We will never stay again! Do yourself a favor, stay in Breckinridge or Aspen, way more classy. They will meet your expectations.

Parking was easy.

Very delightful and fun.
    • Lodge Queen Room

The room was a little small but we had booked very late in the year so that was on us. But even being late the people I contacted with booking.com and at the lodge were very helpful in locating and reserving a room for us.

Easy access to the ski slopes. Good people running the hotel. Plan to return next year.

Holiday Hotel, skating, skiing, snowbaording, pool, fitness, spas what else need be said
    • Lodge Queen Room

This is a hotel full of activities and things to do for family, and adults. I want to compliment Gen Mgr Greg Siegler, for go beyond the call and help me with a problem I had

Horrible, I’ll never go back. I paid WAY TOO MUCH for it through your website.

Most of it. See above

The waiter at dinner was great. THE BAD: Hot tub was broken first night then only warm for couple nights. Housekeeping threw away my shampoo and “lost”/didn’t find my 2 bathing suits I left in the bathroom—I called just 2 hours after we checked out. The heater broke in our room. We had to wait outside in the freezing cold for 10-20 minutes to get transportation to a restaurant or the ski area.

Good stay, beautiful surroundings, nice people, very expensive.
    • Lodge King Room

The sink didn't have hot water only Luke warm. The shower head was not very enjoyable ether. Also the walk from the room to the elevator was way to far. And getting your luggage from the room to your vehicle was a bother.

The balcony was great and the on-site reasturants,bars were good.

No sleep Colin's not breathe in room and filled with leaves
    • Lodge King Room

Staff when checked in I was very unpleasant and rude room was clean but so stuffy used to make a fire and fan and still cannot breathe tried opening the door to outside but there were so many leaves on the patio that filled the room up there we cannot leave the door open very unpleased very uncomfortable night

The room was so stuffy had to use ahead and made a fire and a fan still cannot breathe tried opening the door to the outside patio but the patio had so many leaves on it that it filled the room with leaves

Nice
    • Lodge King Room

I wish I could have had an upper level room. If there was a fridge in the room that would have been great. There are no vending machines with food and no restaurants open late for food, so it presents a challenge when late night hunger strikes. The onsite grill was not great, flies landing on your food and over priced for the quality.

Beautiful hotel, nice lobby and amenities in the room were nice.

Fabulous - highly recommended

Nothing - price was good

Excellent hotel - very friendly staff and the room was perfect even supplied a humidifier as standard ( essential at this altitude) Pool and spa were great- hot tub and steam room were just right and the outdoor pool was warm Would definitely love to go back and stay there for skiing

Nice, but we didn't spend much time at the hotel.
    • Lodge King Room

The shuttle took us directly to the gondola to ride up to the wedding we were attending, but when we came back and called, they just told us to go to the bus stop, and we had no clue where it was.

The free Starbucks coffee was nice. Bed was comfortable, and I enjoyed the hot tub and feeding the fish on the little lake.

Just what we wanted, a nice quiet get-away for a few days.
    • Lodge King Room

Room might have been slightly larger, and absence of a mini-refrigerator and microwave was a minus. Self parking was across the road through a tunnel but we don't mind walking so it wasn't a major negative.

Nice quiet summer get-away; lodge wasn't very busy so didn't hear unwanted noise. Rooms all faced the lake/mountain and not the road; it was nice having a small balcony. Nice little touches -- like having sunscreen out and available throughout the common areas.

Great location and plenty of options to explore the...
    • Lodge King Room

The heater was on in the middle of summer which meant we had to sleep with our door open and even then it was to hot for comfort.

Great location and plenty of options to explore the surrounding area.

Relaxing weekend in the mountain air.
    • Lodge King Room

The trim on the decks could use a good paint job.

The pool, gym and spa were very nice, and the staff all very friendly. The deck opened up to fresh air and mountain views. The shuttle was great for getting around. I wish I had brought my dog, as there were first floor rooms available that opened out onto the yard from their decks, and I saw several dog owners taking advantage of that.

Very good value and family friendly.
    • Lodge King Room

The breakfast was not very good.

The Rooms were clean and comfortable. Everything we needed was at the location. Didn't have to leave the facility.

Scenic spot to relax and enjoy Colorado.
    • Lodge King Room

The tub did not drain when we showered and the bulb on the reading light on the bed was burned out.

Beautiful scenery and wonderful & friendly staff. Many amenities with the nice hot tubs & steam room and lake.

Would stay again. No extra fee for our dog, so that was nice.
    • Lodge King Room

Having a small refrigerator would be nice since there is no complimentary breakfast offered. Closet had a bad odor but housekeeping took care of it.

Comfortable bed, plenty of towels. Spacious, liked the balcony with chairs.

Great Fouth of July get away.
    • Lodge King Room

The lighting in the room could have been better. Natural summer light make it ok. In the winter I can see that this could be a real problem.

First I love the mountains around Keystone. The fireworks were very easy to walk to and the crowd was reasonable. Summit County is a great area especially if you live in the Denver area.

Friendly staff, great bed, nice views, subpar restaurant.
    • Loft Suite

The restaurant wasn't very good, although the service was. The chairs, which badly need reupholstering, were uncomfortable. I kept sliding down toward the floor. We were offered a table with an excellent view. Too bad the window was dirty, inside and out. The decor is out of date, probably from the mid to late 80's. As for the food, average. The server tried his best to present it as gourmet, but the food itself failed badly. The scallops, at $29.00, were cool to warm and mushy. The bread, also cold. However, the hostess, server, and busser were all very courteous so therefore I did not complain. Sometimes you get a great meal, other times you'd wish you had gone to Chipotle. At least there the food is fresh. So far as the room, we could hear EVERYONE in the hallway. This is not a well-insulated property.

Staff provided friendly and courteous service. Check in was easy, restaurant staff efficient and friendly. The room itself was nice with a good view. The bed was very comfortable. Many amenities such as iron, hair dryer, coffee, etc.

Beautiful views with a lovely trail to run on right out the...
    • Loft Suite

If you book through booking.com and not directly through them, you do not get a voucher to attend one of the fitness classes at Studio K. I was quite disappointed about this.

Beautiful views with a lovely trail to run on right out the backdoor of the hotel. Friendly staff and in the off season, couldn't beat the price! Perfect for catching the last couple weekends of snow at A-basin.

Very nice stay, but not great for people who run hot.
    • Lodge King Room

There is no air conditioning, room was hot, they provide a fan to put in the window, helped a little but I was tossing and turning all night. Had to keep splashing cold water on my face to cool down.

Bed was very comfortable, the view was beautiful, staff was nice.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Circumstancially bad, but overall good
    • Lodge King Room

I booked a king size bed, but when I arrived there was none available. There wasn't any room upgrades available because no other rooms in the building had been cleaned yet (even though it was like 9pm when we arrived. So we accepted the two twin size beds. But when we got to the room, we discovered the bathroom to be filthy. The tub had a huge mound of hair knotted up and stuck to the wall. There was more hair on the floor. The drain wasn't working. Super gross. So they traded us to a new room that was also a twin bed room, but at least we had a balcony, which... matters? Didn't even use it. So it was super frustrating to deal with but the staff was good about it. Unfortunately, as a comp, they gave us $30 worth of credit to use towards breakfast, but as it turned out, the restaurant was closed for the season. So they pieced together a breakfast and served it in small cardboard boxes. Lol is all I can say. But I have mercy on them because it was off-season and thus understaffed, so overall it wasn't a bad experience. I'd like to return when the lodge is in full swing so that we can have the real experience.

Beautiful location and building. Lobby was awesome. Staff did great taking care of the many problems we had.

Very fun 46th anniversary. We will be back next year or sooner.

Every thing was good😁

Swimming indoor outdoor very fun and water warm! Staff excellent. Instructor didnt show for yoga though. Excellent golf staff.great restaurant too.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Beautiful ski lodge and mountain retreat!
    • Lodge Queen Room

Room service in morning didn't answer- then front desk said they would help and no call back. Finally I called back and got a order placed.

Beautiful room, views and comfort! Went to sleep and woke up to a fresh snowfall.

Not worth the $
    • Lodge Queen Room

That there was only a view of the river and not lake. They didn't have continental complementary breakfast like the other places we stayed at and more expensive. Would have stated in the town over. Many more restaurant and shops and probably less expensive

Nice room and good room service but I thought from the online photos we would have a lake view. No rooms have lake views

Interesting
    • Lodge King Room

Fire alarm & 1:30 am with NO information roaming around outside with other guests cold no communication slept poorly after that . Closing for season limited options . Should not have resort fee at this time

Spa o 2 bar

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Love this place -one of our favorite hotels that we stay at...

Someone Smoking by pool

Love this place -one of our favorite hotels that we stay at every year when skiing. Staff is amazing and very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

The people driving the vans were awesome!
    • Lodge King Room

The restaurant on site didn't match the menu posted upstairs. The staff treated us like we were low class people because we had jeans on. We didn't realize there was a dress code.

The people driving the vans were awesome!! So friendly!! We loved the water bottle in the room!! And the views!! There isn't a bad view!!

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Expensive, corporate and not enough for what you paid
    • Lodge King Room

There was no complimentary breakfast and the restaurant that was there was not great. It would be nice if they even just offered complimentary coffee, juice and muffins. The front desk staff was not overly friendly or welcoming. Extended a very corporate atmosphere.

The housekeeping staff was very friendly, did good work and were accommodating. The staff in the spa were excellent, knowledgeable and friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Although the Lodge is not close to the main base areas,...
    • Lodge King Room

Dining options re limited. In particular, there is no cafe that serves a decent continental breakfast (something like Starbucks would be great). The closest thing is the Edgewater Deli, which has a very limited assortment of bakery items.

Although the Lodge is not close to the main base areas, there is a very convenient shuttle service available on demand. You can also store your equipment at River Run for free.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Ample luxury
    • Lodge King Room

Room way too warm, couldn't sleep night one. Opened window day two helped a lot.

The spa is great. The location great. Rooms large and lovely. Bathroom great. Humidifier a nice touch. Overall great for couples. Not great for kids. Other condos and lodging better for small kids and teens. This is a quiet and sophisticated setting. Pleasure for middle aged adults and romantic couples.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Great family resort with something for everyone!
    • Lodge King Room

The prices for the spa were a little high in my opinion. I decided against having a massage due to that. We decided to stay here because it was a spa and I could get a massage but in the end decided again it due to high prices.

Extra amenities such as box fan and much needed humidifier!!! Shampoo and conditioner were great too! So much to do with the family if we brought them!

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Bad service
    • Lodge King Room

Better service at front desk, very rude the lady that receive us, they didn´t have our room so they give us an "upgrade" to a condo, that never get clean!!!! No towels, No paper, very bad service at the room

Location and Room Space

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Overall a nice and relaxing stay
    • Lodge Queen Room

No microwave in the room Food in the hotel area are expensive There's not enough staff at the front desk

Very good mountain view from the room Large hotel area with all you wanted facilities There is a free shuttle from hotel to the gondola

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

They have work to do...
    • Loft Suite

The sofa bed mattress is hard as a rock. The room service is over priced and food is disgusting. Having to pay $50 for early check in is ridiculous.

That the shuttle was to cater to customers of the facility. Too bad the shuttle driver was rude.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Orlando Florida to Keystone was Awesome!!!!!!
    • Lodge Queen Room

The only thing that I did not like is that I could not adjust the heat to a decent setting. It was very hot in the room at night. I had to leave the window crack open at night to be able to sleep peacefully. But opening the window wasn't really a big deal. I did not mention to the front desk because I was able to deal with it. I will be returning one day!!

The entire staff was very nice and help with recommendations.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Decent value, great views.
    • Lodge King Room

Wifi did not work for first couple days during stay. Shuttle service was not quick to mountain -- on average took approx. 40 minutes per trip.

Front desk staff was always helpful and even when they could not solve a problem, they would come up with creative solutions.

Poor greeting, they tried to upsell the room for additional...
    • Lodge King Room

Poor greeting, they tried to upsell the room for additional money to check in early..........when they just let us know that the room was ready and available!!!!! Yes, they wanted $45.00 to let us in early! They told us they would call when another room was ready. They did not call. We came back at 4:00 to check in, with an overload of other people, all checking in at 4:00. At that point it was impossible to check in, no valets were available, and no carts were available to carry our luggage. What a cluster----- that could have been avoided if they had just checked us in to begin with.

Whatever you do, don't eat the food.
    • Lodge King Room

Horrible, horrible food. 5 star price. But so bad it made the Subway down the road taste 5 star. The worst was the kale salad they served that was so old it was brown and soft as tissue.

Convenient location, parking & shuttle services.

The lodge was clean and in a good location
    • Lodge Queen Room

Check in was at 4:00. Got there at 4:30 and still had to wait an hour before the room was ready. Once in the room, bath tub drain was clogged. And when we used the blow dryer, the entire room lost power. People brought their dogs and the dogs barked all night long! They should have a separate location for only customers and their dogs! We could hear other guests in their rooms. Staff at the spa and restaurants were very rude. Went to extreme pizza where the waiter told us it would be an hour wait. And never came back to take drink order or take our order. But, a few other tables came in after us and he served them promptly. This resort was not with the money, in my opinion

The lodge was clean and in a good location

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Snowboarding adventure with my husband
    • Lodge King Room

Absolutely awesome Customer service from all hotel staff! Loved the convenience of having the restaurants inside the lodge and the outdoor hot tub at night was just what our bodies needed from snowboarding all day! We will return with our kids next time! The valet was another huge benefit!

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Fun for kids!
    • Lodge Queen Room

I was on hold for 20 minutes to make a reservation for tubing. I finally hung up but wasn't able to make a reservation. Also, it was a long wait to order our meal at breakfast time at The Edgewater Cafe.

Clean comfortable beds, not noisy.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Honey Moon getaway was a success!
    • Loft Suite

I wish i could have stayed there longer.

Everything, I ordered pizza after a day full of activities and it was delivered straight to my room. The staff was incredible and the place was just breath taking.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

We liked our room and the view
    • Lodge King Room

The places with in walking distance most where closed the whole area seemed dead. Restaurent in hotel was priced high and not enough selection

We liked our room and the view

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Nice friendly staff

Nice friendly staff

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Relaxing at the end of a long road trip. Perfect last 2 nights.
    • Lodge King Room

Lovely resort, comfy bed super bathroom. Loved the restaurant.

My 2nd stay and again very enjoyable
    • Lodge King Room

Very friendly, clean, quiet (visited in August), comfortable and relaxing place. This will surely not be my last stay here.

Short stay but lovely
    • Lodge King Room

Beautiful facility, quiet and comfortable.

We liked the pool and sauna facilities.
    • Lodge King Room

The bed was not comfortable

We liked the pool and sauna facilities. The view from our room and deck were nice.

The view
    • Lodge King Room

Fruit flies in room no a/c

The view

Comfortable but prob would pick a livelier spot next time
    • Lodge King Room

Resort was empty and amenities sparse.

Pool and room were fun and comfy. Deck off the room great for evening read.

Comfortable
    • Lodge King Room

Resistance from your booking agency to facilitate handicapped room

Spa

Super soft sheets, quiet room.
    • Lodge King Room

Not able to reach housekeeping except by leaving a voicemail and waiting. Not enough cream and sugar to make coffee.

Super soft sheets, quiet room.

Hope to see you soon
    • Lodge King Room

WE ENJOY EVERY TTHIG AT THE LODGE.

Enjoyed our stay
    • Lodge King Room

Need to offer sit down bkfst & lunch

Everything was clean and in excellent conditions

Everything was clean and in excellent conditions

Good
    • Lodge King Room

Too small a hot tub for such a large property

Complimentary coffee in the room was decaf

Complimentary coffee in the room was decaf

Our room was very clean and comfortable.
    • Lodge King Room

Our room was very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the spa facilities, especially the steam room.

Impressed by the tesort
    • Lodge King Room

Wish we had a room with fireplace

Onsite several places to eat or get coffee Onsite skating Fire pits with seating in several locations

Location was nice and close to the resort and it had a...

The 20$ for breakfast and how bad the food tasted

Location was nice and close to the resort and it had a shuttle you can take.

Keystone Lodge and Spa
    • Lodge King Room

Parking is a bit of a walk if you don't do valet.

Room was clean and comfortable with good views.

We had a great time and would stay there again!
    • Lodge King Room

The bed was amazing and our son had a blast in the heated outside pool.

Sierra at the spa was great.
    • Lodge King Room

Oxygen bar was not working.

Sierra at the spa was great. Best massage I’ve ever had! Thoroughly enjoyed our stay!