Reviews of The Lemon Tree Hotel 3 stars

1600 East Lincoln Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92805, USA

#99 of 135 hotels in Anaheim

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn’t like how slippery floors were and it says heated pool but it was more along the cold side, staff all seem like they hate their job but making face.

It’s very cute and homey! Rooms were nice and area was clean. Felt generally safe give or take other people who were staying.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only thing was a little noise from adjoining room and outside the room, but I'm a light sleeper anyway. Probably wouldn't bother anyone else.

Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was very good. They've done a great job improving and revamping an older hotel. Good access to major roadways.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

9am cut off for breakfast is a little early. Staff rushes to clear it at 9 while customers hurry to take advantage of it. Walls don't have sufficient insulation to prevent sounds from neighboring rooms.

Good value for the cost. Continental breakfast always a plus.

• Standard King Room

They don't have phone chargers for guest to use if they forgot there's. And the pool and jacuzzi time for adults could be a little bit longer.

It was very nice quiet and wonderful

• Family Suite

The parking lot was small and cramped. A couple of times there was no parking when returning to the hotel at night and we ended up having to park off the street.

The rooms were clean and staff was friendly. Continental breakfast was decent.

• Family Suite

Continental breakfast was lacking the first day. The beds were not comfortable.

Great value. Quiet. We were barely in the hotel, so worked out great due to price.

• Standard King Room

Everything. Excellent service. Super courteous staff. Exceptional decor inside and out. I want to add that the value allowed our family to enjoy what would have been twice as much elsewhere.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room was stuffy, A/C hardly worked, walls are too thin, we could hear everything in the next room to the cars driving by off of main road. Parking lot only had one way entrance/exit. No pets allowed on property.

miniature microwave and refrigerator in the room was nice.

• Standard King Room

A great place to lay your head for a weekend visit. The value and distance from convention center were perfect for my weekend. Highly recommend for any weekend visit.

• Family Suite

Parking lot layout is awful. We had a nail sticking out of the floor in our first room that my children and husband were tripping over. Also, the AC in part of the room my children were sleeping in was broken. So they had to switch us to another room, almost 3 days into our week stay. Another thing, we were in CA for a Disneyland trip, their website says they have a shuttle. While they do, it’s not convenient. Only one to drop off and one to pick up. So you are stuck at the park all day unless you get an Uber or taxi back. That info about the shuttle should be listed on their website. I would’ve have made accommodations elsewhere to have the luxury of having a shuttle that would pick up hourly. Especially since I have 3 kids under 10, who get quite cranky with being at the park for 14 hrs.

Family suite was a great size for our family of 5.

• Standard King Room

The Disneyland shuttle didn't come on one of the nights when we waited for it at 9:30. But we just got a Lyft back to the hotel instead.

Liked the room, was glad it had a microwave and a mini fridge. It seemed clean. And the staff was quite friendly:)

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

This property was the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed at. I booked a two night stay and paid $500 total. I was there for a dance conference so it was myself and two fellow female dancers. We arrived at midnight and had two cars since we were there on business. The man at the front desk was adamant that we pay $20 for overnight parking in the hotel for the second car. I told him that I’d like him to comp the second car because we were paying so much already for the hotel room and there were plenty of empty parking spots. We didn’t want to park our car outside in the street because we didn’t want to walk in the dark at midnight. He said he’d tow our second car if we did park there on the hotel property. The hotel property itself is not nice. The breakfast was terrible. Horrible everything. The second night after a long day at work, there was no hot water! In the morning when we woke up, we had to take all cold showers. At 7am I checked out and the same man was working and I told him I’d let to check out and also to let him know that there’s no hot water in our room. Instead of apologizing about it, he spits out that I should’ve told him. We didn’t arrive to the hotel room after our long conferences until 11:30pm. We woke up at 6am. There are no working phones in the rooms. I have never paid $250 for a room per night and have had to take a cold shower in ANY COUNTRY I’ve stayed in paying that much. (I’ve traveled to over 70 countries worldwide) nor have I encountered such horrible customer service at a hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Standard King Room

I expected glamour, cleanliness and a descent view from my room. The pictures online are so deceiving, the hotel is completely run down , the Capet is horrible, I asked for a standard king non- smoking and as soon as I walked in the room the comforter had a cigarette whole in it . The staff looked like they didn’t want to be there. I have had a better experience at Motel 6 then here. When I told the staff member I was leaving right after checking in 2 hours prior , he didn’t apologize he did offer me another room but honestly the hotel looked more like a crack house then anything. I want my money back

• Standard King Room

The property was run down. Saw cockroaches in the bathroom in the morning. And the water pressure in the shower made you feel like you weren't clean at all.

• Family Suite

I thought there was going to be a couch in one of the rooms.

It was the staff that made our experience exceptional. L J at the front desk easily handled all requests. Really enjoyed him.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Stepping outside of the hotel room,(my room wasn't in one of the hallways indoors) I could smell the garbage cans. Parking kinda sucked but there was double parking an nobody got towed so I guess it was ok. A lot of activity at night. I'm assuming everyone's check I in and out needs are different. But it makes you wonder....

Breakfast was simple, I think they offer more variety on the weekend.

• Standard King Room

Very minor maintenance - hairdryer holder

Convenient location + clean room everyday + good price + don’t forget the fridge = great bargain for work that brought me back for week 2!

• Suite with Patio

The parking was a little too tight though. I understand; its a city and the hotel is trying to fit as much cars in as possible, but still...!

The customer service was great, the comp breakfast was good.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I was a little disappointed with the motel. The hot tub worked the first night and then they had to replace the heater. I ordered the motel so I could use the pool and hot tub because of my grandson. I was disappointed in the breakfast that they served. Boiled eggs was not impressive. Staff was nice but when I took a bath I looked over at the toilet and saw black dirt all around the rim. I do cleaning for a living and was disappointed. I purposely took the soap and put in another area and when they cleaned the room they didn't even replace it. The first night they picked up the towels and replaced. The second day they left all the dirty towels and did not replace them. They did not vacuum the room when they came in to clean. Dirt still on floor. I parked in front of my motel with several other cars because their was no place to park where they told me to park and I ended up with a note on my car saying permit only. I was not able to park where I was required to park so the lot was full and I parked in front of my room and did not know that I had to have a permit. It was not even offered to me when I checked in.

Staff was nice but the ladies cleaning room said they could not speak English and did not understand me. I asked her if it was ok to park in front and she said yes.

• Standard King Room

When booking through booking.com you are not informed that they require a deposit of $100 and the deposit is not released until days later. So whatever price your getting for your stay at The Lemon Tree is not only of course taxed per usual but then a surprise deposit of $100.00 they don't mention. Which I really feel should be stated. The clerk at the front was nice but he also told me that a lot of people cards decline for the deposit which I seen for myself as the couple ahead of me card' declined for the deposit but not the actual stay itself. I found a room for $113 but with that deposit they added $100. Which feels like paying $213 for a room. I would only pay that price if it were The Grand Legacy at the Park or the Hilton Hotel near Disneyland. Left a bad taste in my mouth this hotel the Lemon Tree I won't ever be going back.

• Standard King Room

I didn't like the refrigerator, the microwave, and the chain lock in the door. I also didn't like entering my room from the outside.

The room was clean. However the refrigerator didn't smell good and the microwave did turn well.

Breakfast selection and food was disappointing. Especially, the dry oatmeal. Rooms were not consistent. Some had kitchens, mirrors and sinks outside and others didn’t.

Good location.

• Standard King Room

Besides being clean everything about this place was very incomoding . I have seizures. I asked for a smoking room before I booked then found out I have to walk all the way to my car every time I smoke? Good thing for them I didn’t seize

not sleeping in my car

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I little bit noise during the night when I was trying to rest , but not to bad .

for exactly the bed and bathroom was cleaning.. and that make me so happy. everything was nice 😁

• Standard King Room

The bathroom definitely needed Maintainence, the room was not that clean. They did not clean the room on my third day and there was no clean towels. The breakfast need a little bit of improvement. After checking out I had to wait for few hours, there was no coffee or tea facility.

The staff was friendly, there was a nice pool and the TV Chanel’s and WiFi were excellent.

Breakfast waffles were larger than the tiny plates given. Beds squeak Pillows were horrible Bathroom soap ran out on the first day No lotion? Really?

Staff was super nice. Given the poor management style

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The walls were very thin and you could hear other people’s conversations. There were people up and making noise at all hours of the night, so with the paper thin walls it was a little difficult to get a good nights rest.

There was a full size stove and microwave which was nice.

• Standard King Room

There was not enough room for everyone to sit and eat breakfast. If you offer breakfast there should be a place to sit and enjoy it. We ended up eating outside on a planter, and the wind blew my plate over. I didn’t go back for breakfast the next day.

Housekeeping is a flipping joke. Our bathroom didn’t get cleaned our entire stay. We vacuumed and mopped ourselves. They can’t even make a bed. We changed own sheets. They threw away things that weren’t trash. Management didn’t care. What a joke. They offer about 10 television channels, half of them are sports channels. They lie about having hbo. They are currently remodeling rooms and very loud construction starts at about 8am so don’t plan on sleeping in.

Great value for your money. We will come back when we’re at Disneyland. Rooms are small but comfortable. Staff is awesome.

The staff is amazing! Lin, LJ and Mark are polite and extremely helpful as well as the rest of the staff. The property is gorgeous and the rooms are well kept.

• Standard King Room

Shower head, shower curtain and rod needs to be replaced, it's rusty and falling apart. The cover to the Smoke detector fell off at night from the ceiling, making lots of noise.

Very friendly staff, smiles on their faces and ready to give advise and answer questions. Convenient location with stores and restaurants at walking distance. Room was clean and ready for us when we arrived. Bathroom was decent, all the typical necessities were there, bath towels, hand towels and wash clothes. Soap, shampoo and conditioner were present. Iron and hair dryer included.

• Standard King Room

I paid 10 dollars to do laundry the washer was broken and i wasnt ablw to dry my clothes in time fod us to depart.

Nothing really the staff coyldbt gind ny reservation and my acccomidations werent kept.

• Standard King Room

The breakfast was cheap and not much of a selection. It was very limited. There should be more to choose for since we are paying good money for this hotel. Just a suggestion.

When first ariving this hotel the room i was given smelled really bad. The bed post was filthy and filled with dust. The ice box had weed in it. The room stuck so bad lik smoke. I had to ask for another room and that was no better. So after that looked at two more rooms finally found a perfect room that was clean and met my standards. The staff was very understanding and took care of me right away and really appreciated their help to resolve the issue. Staff is excellent.

• Suite with Patio

Allow early check-in for families instead of charging for another room just for a few hours or telling the family they could sleep in the parking lot until check in time. Make more parking spaces for customers; parking is REALLY tight. Make sure furniture in room is free of stains. I asked for a crib on my reservation AND at check in, and they said they would bring me one but never did. Have more selection for breakfast. Make sure sausages are warmed up all the way and the boiled eggs are not burned.

Free breakfast. Two rooms.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The overall shoddy feel to the place.

It smelled terrible, like old paint and gave us a headache. Neighbors were very noisy. A stranger knocked relentlessly at the door; had to call the front desk. No security--front desk person came out to investigate and never let us know he did this--I had to call him back to ask him.

• Standard King Room

way to cramped in the area for breakfast but that's nothing.

Lin who checked me in was very professional and personable at the same time. The room I was given first didn't have a work space (desk) that I could use so he was able to find a better fit for me right away. Thanks Lin

• Standard King Room

they provide old, torn,out ,.and stain towels. The continental breakfast is poorly,stocked and the unable to seat everyone who came due to lack of seating. Staff removed breakfast exactly at 9am even though there were plenty of guests including my self who were in the dining area who havent eaten along with others because there was no where to sit.

Location. Thats it!

• Standard King Room

The breakfast area was a little small as well as the food. The customer service wasn't good they seemed annoyed and quiet. The pictures online were deceiving. Also got a parking ticket from street sweeper since I was told to park there but wasn't warned about.

The Rooms were very clean and well designed.

• Standard King Room

The one thing I didn't like was the parking. I feel like there should be assigned parking by your hotel room. I feel like there wasn't parking. The one other problem I had was the tv in our room keep going outta Signal.

Everything was perfect. I would stay here again!

• Standard King Room

The deposit for 'incidentals' is excessive. Plan on having $100 of your credit tied up. I could almost see the point if there has been a really nice bathrobe in the closet that someone might steal but, no. not even a closet for a robe to hang in. So, if you like to hang clothes up when you unpack, this isn't the place for you.

The lobby, common areas, hallways, and rooms were very clean.

• King Room with Spa Bath

Booking.com tells you in bold green letters that you won't be charged until you check in, but the hotel charged my card the morning of my stay which caused an alert to my bank and was considered fraud and all my accounts were frozen because of that which took me about 2 hours to fix with my bank's fraud protection department!! Not happy about that!!!

Staff was great

• Standard King Room

location, parking lot not enough room to park and to close to other cards difficult to get in and out gate was close all the time we stayed!

• Standard King Room

I did not like how small the bathroom was, it was not meant for two people.

All of the staff were phenomenal!!! just great people who are doing an amazing job and going above and beyond for the guests who stay!!!!

• King Room with Spa Bath

There isn't much to dislike about the property.

Housekeeping and front desk staff are friendly and helpful. The grounds are well kept and the rooms are well maintained.

• Standard King Room

Very disappointed with the property. Had a 3 star rating but was a very old style and small outdated dark room. We had been booked in for 8 days but just stayed 2 nights and re booked some where else. The rooms had thin walls so we could hear the neighbors intimate moments quite clearly! The bed was hard and uncomfortable and the bathroom supper small.

The staff member who checked us in was very freindly and helpful. The staff over all seemed very nice.

• Standard King Room

They charged more than I anticipated. The breakfast was sparse and there weren't options for people with dietary restrictions. There was no one at the front desk for several minutes when I had a question.

The bed was amazing. We had a balcony that I didn't expect and it was very nice but there was only one chair available. It wasn't noisy.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

We had big trouble staying at this property. We had many flies in thr room. It was a dirty hotel Poor breakfast Terrible service Dirty rooms Badaheet was really bad Stangers were roaming around in property

• Standard King Room

We availed ourselves of the breakfast on the first morning only, that was enough. We arrived in the breakfast area about 7:15 to find it unkempt, despite the few people there at the time. The hot offerings that morning were hard ? boiled eggs and what looked like unappealing colorless skinless sausage links. The self serve waffle maker had no paper plates. I questioned another guest that said he got the last one and was told that they ran out. Some dry cereal, juice and an apple were the only things looking palatable. All in all breakfast was a bust!

This has been the second time staying at this hotel, ( in the last five years). Both visits unfortunately were for family funerals, and the location was convenient to where our family lives. So with that said, this was not a vacation nor is this a resort. It is an older property that has been refurbished, but it's still an "older" property and is reflected thru out including the rooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable for the short visits, and the staff that we interacted with were friendly.

• Family Suite

I reserved family suite downstairs but I was assigned room upstairs that is not fair I paid for something else Hotel gave my room to someone else Lie fake deceiving

• Suite with Patio

The breakfast was cheap and there wasn't enough for most of the guests. Also the A/C in the room was a little confusing to figure out at first.

The rooms were comfortable and very spacious.

• Family Suite

A door on the 2nd bedroom, no table & chairs for games or meals, a deck, an elevator, 1 egg/meat choice, Very expensive for hotel type($252/night), Payment required before we saw the room and before our stay.

Pool towels, in-room refrigerator, on-site parking, breakfast included.

• Standard King Room

The pool closed to early. That there was a lot of black widows and also there was one gentleman very rude when we first got here.

How nice the rooms and the workers are. The balcony to the room was my favorite. Was able to enjoy with my husband.

• Family Suite

Definetly could have had a cleaner room. We found a cigarette bud in our room and it did smell like someone had been smoking. The sheets also did have some stains on them.

The staff was very friendly and informative. It also is in a central location. Easy access to the highway.

• Family Suite

Ah breakfast frozen waffles you get to wait in line to toast in a broken toaster they had two the other worked but there's a line, raisin bran cereal and fruitloops for kids, (hard boiled eggs seemed they were recycled they tasted old) Iknow cause I make mine daily, and sausages (ok) That's what it consists of. Breakfast kind of sad wish they had more like a warm breakfast buffet ready just to serve. Breakfast starts at 6am to 9am so wake early. They should have warm scrambled eggs, sausages, cereal and fruit will cater to everyone and it's simple it be ok but having to wait in line to cook your food is just weird.

I was impressed with cleanliness, the cleaning staff was so nice too so that was nice, they smile at you make you feel welcome. My room was nice and big, pool was clean. So it was worth due to cleanliness, I had a fridge,micro, and coffee machine so just take frozen meals if you want pbj for the kids with milk youre good.. It feels good when you're in clean room.

• Standard King Room

I did not like that it took 3 phone calls and 2 walk up complaints to front desk to get our room cleaned. We felt that they were more concerned with non paying customers than paying customers. We did not like the noise pollution from other customers late at night. AC was very loud that I had to wear ear plugs. For some reason in the room it felt very muggy/humid.

• King Room with Spa Bath

Well, NO CLOSET to hang clothes in!!! SUPER WEIRD, never came across that before. No iron, so I called and asked for an iron and was told one would be brought to me...waited about an HOUR and then had to leave and never received the iron. So that was VERY VERY inconvenient, mostly since we couldn't hang our clothes up either because there was NO CLOSET!! Bathroom was FILTHY!!!! Front door lock was sticky, Yuck!! Very OVER PRICED for what you get. I would NOT stay there again!! Online ad was very deceiving!

Good air conditioning.

• Suite with Patio

The other guests at the hotel were poorly behaved and inconsiderate when it was time for the free breakfast. I know its not the hotels fault but the layout is awkward and there is not a good flow for the breakfast.

The staff was great always providing us with forks and spoons and other random items at all hours of the night. The 2 room family suite was amazing, my kids stayed in one room and the room with the king bed had a privacy door for me and my husband but still in the same room with the kids so it works out great when you have kids.

• Standard King Room

The room seemed clean at first glance but the sheets were stained and had black stuff all over them. The room did not seem well maintained. For the price it was one of the worst hotels I've stayed in. If you're looking for something in the middle as far as price and quality this is not it.

Close to stadium and entertainment.

We were saved by Lemon Tree and Lin who gave us awesome customer service and accommodated us last minute for the week with a great rate after our ARBNB fell through!! Lin even gave us breakfast coupons and extra towels, even a shuttle to Disneyland!! Thanks Lin and Lemon Tree!! Our vacation continued because of you!

• Family Suite

The king size bed in our family suite was absolutely NOT comfortable at all to sleep on.

I loved the space in the family suite and the laundry facility as well as the swimming pool.

Great service from staff

Actually the reason why I say that it wasnt kid friendly because there was no pool. Also there was a small cock roach in the bathroom sink in the morning when I got up to brush my teeth

• Standard King Room

The bed was uncomfortable. The ac didn't work. The hotel phone didn't work at all. There was no service in our phones. The towels were dirty.

It was kinda close to Disneyland

• Standard King Room

We were expecting the property to be in walking distance of Disney, or to have multiple shuttles a day. Therr is only one shuttle to Disney at 8am and one returning at 1030pm. Disney is also 3.5 miles from the hotel, and thus not highly walkable.

The staff was excellent, and very responsive. We had our early check-in fee waived and when our toilet had an issue at 11pm, they had it fixed in 10minutes.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The toilet leaked water all over the floor and it also keep clogging up. When we reported it to the staff they could care less. One of the beds you could feel the springs.

Room was big.

• Family Suite

This is my second stay at the lemon tree hotel I love how the location and the staff isn't on you 24/7 but they are there when you need cleaning or anything at all perfect place to stay!

• Family Suite

This was the worst place we have ever stayed. Most unfriendly staff except for one. We requested a roll away bed due to carpet through out the suit was wet and we were charged for it.

see above

nice pool, great staff. The exterior could use a good pressure wash, an elevator for the upstairs would be nice. the resin patio furniture needs replacing, but overall, a good property

• Standard King Room

Rooms are old. You can hear the pipes making noise. A lot of noise from the street because the windows are old. Smells the cigarettes smoke from the neighbors.

Easy access and parking. Staff is very friendly. Rooms are clean. Feels safe

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The swimming pool was a little dirty

I like that was very neat to Disneyland and the swimming pool, the room was smaller than I expected but it was comfy.

• Standard King Room

Most of passengers who stay in this plxce are Spanish and they usually and normally making loud sounds and noises for other rooms

nice open space around the rooms

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There were a few things you could do to make Lemon Tree the best. You could put a couple of chairs in the room. I don't care to sit or lay on the bed the whole time I'm in the room. Please consider changing the hours for the morning buffet. A later time like 10 would be much better than 9. You could also start later. I went when there was 30 minutes left and everything was pretty well gone. Also your housekeeping staff needs to leave the proper amount of towels for the number of people in the room. They also could check and see if you are out of coffee an leave some. Some simple things and the hotel would be really nice.

I got a parking spot 3 nights in a row!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

was woken up at 11pm with 4 cops cars right outside of our room. not the hotels fault but location seems sketchy. explained we had a terrible night without sleep. refunded our remaining days but not the terrible night we had. breakfast area was dirty and breakfast was not impressive.room was very out dated and did not match pictures for room we booked online. bbq is offered but no propane on location to use or rent (most travelers don't bring propane tanks with them) Bathroom was so small you could barely close the door and the bath tub was filthy. I've worked in the hospitality industry many years and definitely would have refunded my guest their night instead of telling them it's out of their control, instead they were just ok with losing us as guests...SAD for what could be a cute small business.

not much... pictures put online are not what you get. It appears they are trying to update. staff was nice at check in.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Standard King Room

We got there late and tired from traveling. Upon our arrival I picked up the corner of the matteres and crumbs fell out as I pulled the sheets from where they were tucked in. In the same spot there was a reddish brown colored stain. As I plugged the phone charger there was lint and a dead bug behind the movable nightstand. Needless to say we lay down the towels on the bed and slept on them as we had been driving all day. We woke up very early and checked out by 630 a.m. I informed the front desk person and he stated"Oh, well it looks like your room has been already paid for. Next time we will do a better job. " My comments about the room did not phase him. The property has seen better days. The property does not live up to its online description.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was very clean. Had a friendly atmosphere with great employees. The breakfast was a nice option if we had gotten up early enough for it. The shuttle to and from Disney was great! I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great deal and getting more for your buck.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was crazy like 3 tables for all guest and they had a sign that day so not take food to room. Lol. Had a waffle machine, no fluffy eggs just hard boiled. I had a good stay just let people take food back to Rooms like I did instead of fighting for a table

Had a grill, and a nice sitting area