Reviews of Liaison Capitol Hill DC-a Joie de Vivre Hotel 4 stars

415 New Jersey Avenue Northwest, Northwest, Washington, DC 20001, USA

#111 of 138 hotels in Washington

Fun and romantic weekend !!
    • King Accessible

The receptionists are very friendly and helpful. It is an easy and comfortable hotel in which to relax. The room was clean, very very comfortable and modern.

I will be back!
    • King Accessible

I really loved the location and the staff was always friendly. My only complaint was the coffee cart didn't open up early enough. I know there was coffee in the room, but we know how that coffee is 😉

Great location but pricey
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Be aware they charge 25 dollars per day for additional services like wifi and complimentary coffee which is limited to one cup and just for a couple of hours in morning ( not sure why this is not offered all day).

Excellent location close to capitol and walking distance to all museums. Pricey hotel but nice room

Average hotel great location I wouldn’t stay again.

The room didn’t have a Bluetooth speaker and the pool closes way too early.

The pocket door and motion lights in the bathroom. The outlet built into the nightstand. The brunch menu.

the overall stay was excellent
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

During checkout it was only one person helping and it was a long line

Beds were very comfortable my requests were met without hesitation and the swimming pool was excellent

Needs improvement

Where to begin, Staff is not helpful They over charged me multiple times for the total of my bill and when you call guest services no one answers the phone so then you call the front desk and they put you on hold right away and never come back and when you call finance to straighten out overcharges you almost always get voicemail or the same lady perhaps they only have one person working in that department. The gym displayed on the booking websites is not at all when that gym room looked like they have 2-3 treadmills a bike one machine with weights and free weights the room is small with no windows. However if you are looking for a real gym Golds Gym is not too far away about a 5 min walk. Although the food was good, the restaurant and bar is way overpriced $16 and up for basic food with extravagant descriptions and small portions. The complementary breakfast that is included in some rooms is only a credit of $30 which means you can barley order breakfast for two people without tipping over that $30 limit, not to mention the hotel staff is not even on top of this deal hence how I was overcharged and they don’t have enough staff to run the dinning room. Breakfast is 7-10am 😑 The bar is overpriced a rosé slushee is listed as $13 and change but with all the tax and extra nonsense tax they add on and gratuity a drink is $20 and the bartender is rude he huffed and puffed when I asked about drinks and then he walks away and goes through this door behind the bar as I am so foolishly waiting for a straw to enjoy my drink and some napkins, I reached over and got it myself. Best thing I can say food wise was the free coffee in be lobby from 7-10am.

-The interior design was cool. -Rooftop pool was nice (max depth 3 feet, not much of a view though and the pictures do not look like the actual thing there are only 4 cabana beds on the roof and a few couches and tanning chairs) -Room was nice looked just like the king deluxe room pictures.

Nice stay at a reasonable rate in a great location
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool was not crystal clear snd the prices at the pool bar were very high with a very limited menu.

The location was great! Rooms very nice with comfortable beds and a really Large tv.

Very nice hotel and great value.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking was $60 a night and they don't tell you that oversized vehicles are more. Car wouldn't fit so we had to park in a parking garage off site, but it ended up being much cheaper.

Showed up and room wasn't quite ready, so staff gave us a $50 credit at restaurant. Nice pool

Good hotel, close to public transportation and Captiol Hill.

My biggest complaint about this hotel, for me, is that the bed is very firm, as are the pillows, which left me with headaches and a bad backache. If a firm mattress and pillows don't bother you then you will be happy with the hotel.

The hotel was only a couple of blocks way from Union Station which made getting around on the metro and the bus exceptionally convenient. The staff were nice and friendly. The hotel restaurant breakfast was very good.

Loved the location since we could walk from the train...
    • King Accessible

The music and sound system at the pool was too loud Plus the sound system was bad with high pitched tints that hurt our ears.

Loved the location since we could walk from the train station. Close to the mall and other attractions. Staff was very friendly. Room was clean but our bathroom light kept coming on.

City break

Late check in, need more staff as seems to be a problem not just with us.

Friendly restaurant staff, free tea and coffee in the lounge at certain times, central location so can walk to main sites

Friendly staff but somewhat shorthanded. Great location for courts and Georgetown Law Center.

The water in the lobby was always empty. Hard to use alarm system.

The room was quite large. The bathroom actually had a bathtub, although not large. Good quality coffee.

After so many stays it feels like home

This was our 5th time here in 18 months. So close to Capitol & we aren't even lobbyists. They just redid the pool on the roof. 2 A+ staff: Jade (front desk) & Patricia (restaurant). Bar, beds, restaurant food are awesome.

A nice hotel ... so long as you don't drink tea.

With the exception of the Concierge, staff did not listen to simple requests. It took 2 attempts to have the bill charged to the requested account & countless attempts to get tea making facilities.

Good location. Within walking distance of Union Station & the Mall.

Close to capitol hill. Nice facilities. Friendly staff.

Bathroom could've been a little cleaner. Dark hair in the shower was a turn-off. Stale smell in the room and no windows to open.

Allowed early check-in, the rooftop pool and bar looked awesome (although we didn't get to use it!). Easy walk to capitol hill and National Mall.

Thought the staff was very nice Cortez and the gang are aces

I thought it was kind of shady how you guys advertise having a pool but then you get there and find out its booked for a private party. It did not effect me personally but DC in June the pool would be a deal breaker

Bed was very comfortable although the restaurant staff was very nice I found the menu kind of foo foo and overpriced, could have used some guy like dinners like turkey dinner or meatloaf.

Outside our door was water damage and a leaking roof, all...

Outside our door was water damage and a leaking roof, all they did was throw a towl down in the hallway. Loud guests on the floor and sub par room quality. Molding falling off the wall and terrible air conditioner.

We had a great time in DC despite lots of rain. There's so much history to see and experience.

Really the only thing we didn't like was that the roof wasn't accessible due to the pool being repaired. Also, the fitness gym was inadequate. There isn't a continental breakfast to eat in the hotel, just coffee. That should be something to consider as standard with the room. Paying $59/night to park a rental car was a big turnoff. It was cheaper to rent a car daily and turn it in at night.

Mikaela did a great job in helping us check in. She also gave us great suggestions on places to go where the locals eat...not just the normal tourist fare. We were able to drop off our luggage and site see after we checked out since we had a later flight in the day.

Ideal DC location for touring or visiting with terrific staff

Minor flaw but no tea bags in room

Firm mattress , good quality sheets and linens . Liked that they dispense toiletries from large refillable bottles . Much more sustainable.

It was a good place but don't count on the breakfast or the coffee.
    • Two Queen Bed Accessible

I did not like it that after 2 phone calls before arriving inquiring about parking I was not told it would be $50.00/car/night.

I liked it when after not telling me on the phone the cost of parking they gave me a discount.

Modern hotel, compact room in a great location, walk everywhere for the sightseeing.

The price

Excellent location for the museums, Capitol, Library of Congress, tidal basin. Felt safe. Walked everywhere. West Wing Cafe across from the hotel is excellent for breakfast in the sun, and snacks. Restaurants in the area. Bathroom is micro but worked adequately. Paid on-site parking is efficient. The complimentary morning coffee in the lobby is uber-strong, will get you going for the day.

Nice
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They were remodeling the upper pool and Terrance and it would have been nice to know that before booking. It’s one of the reasons that I booked this hotel for the roof top view which we did not see.

Great location, clean and pretty quiet being that it’s a downtown hotel. The hotel restaurant was a little expensive. The gym had a couple of treadmills and 2 benches and some free weights. Walking distance to Union Station

Amazing location down the street from Capitol Hill.

Amazing location down the street from Capitol Hill. Clean and stylish room. Good bar with happy hour. Allowed us to check in early (10am) without asking beforehand.

Sherrod was very helpful and made sure everything I needed...
    • Two Queen Bed Accessible

I didn’t like that I called the front desk and asked if I could get late check out, and the lady who picked up the phone told me they didn’t do late check out which was a lie

Sherrod was very helpful and made sure everything I needed was taking care of

Quieter neighborhood than right downtown, but still easy...

Quieter neighborhood than right downtown, but still easy access to everything you want to do in DC. Not a lot of fancy restaurants near by, but good pizza and delis. Union Station five minute walk.

Absolute disaster ;-(
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom was tiny - very unaccommodating staff. I had requested a triple or two beds and a sofa bed. On arrival !! I was informed that they had NO room for 3. Persons - we showed our booking to be told they could do nothing as it was booked through Booking.com - they certainly didn't want to help in any way. After the first night where our 20 year old daughter slept in the bathroom we again asked reception. They said we could book another room fro her at price we were charged for other room. It cost me 600 euro for this change. I will never ever stay at this hotel again. I informed when asked when leaving what I thought of the hotel and I said I was unhappy. The answer "that is unfortunate - Good bye and have a nice day" certainly help !!!!!

Bar was cosy

The front desk personnel and attendants were excellent. Room was comfortable but skip the restaurant
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The coffee was horrible and the “included breakfast” was really a $15.00 credit toward a seriously over priced menu ($4.00 for 1 plain cold biscuit). The second day we were seated for almost 20 minutes before the hostess returned to seat someone else and we had to ask who was supposed to be serving our table. It turned out to be one of the two people who were standing around chitchatting. Service was excellent the first day. The food tasted better the second day though.

The location, cleanliness and helpfulness of the staff.

This location, two blocks from the Capitol building and an...
    • King Accessible

When we arrived at 2:00 a.m., even though we had a reservation and called ahead to say we'd be late, they had no rooms available. They arranged a room at a hotel on the next block. A large employee walked with us to show us where it was and provide some semblance of security; we were approached by three different people asking for handouts. Welcome to D.C. The replacement hotel was not of the same caliber as this one. And we had to go through the check-in process there again. The Liason's nighttime desk clerk did try to make things right, by not charging us for that night at the other hotel or our first 24 hours of parking and comping us $50 at the restaurant. The fitness room at this hotel is quite mediocre and way too warm. The chairs in the restaurant look like they should have been replaced years ago, as the "leather" at the top is all cracked, and not in a shabby chic way. They look like what you'd expect at a low level diner. And during the day, security appeared to be surprisingly relaxed.

This location, two blocks from the Capitol building and an easy walk to the Mall and all of the free museums is excellent.

Overall the hotel was okay, good value for money.

the room seemed to be located next to a vent, which was very noisy even during the night. shabby reception, which makes the first impression

Overall the hotel was okay, good value for money. the size of the room great location, walking distance to the main attractions and museums

Decent stay, good csutomer service.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms are extremely too small for more than 1 person staying more than one or two nights. The space was to close and somewhat claustrophobic in nature.

Convenience of location.

Great Location but tired rooms.

The bathrooms are very small and the room was tired. Was not impressed with the initial attitude of the reception staff but once the problem was sorted the THEIR satisfaction, they were as nice as you could wish for.

Fabulous location for both the sights of Washington and the Muesums and stones throw from Union Street Station.

The hotel common areas are nice and the restaurant was yummy...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room was dated (needed coat of paint and new windows and general fixing up), which left me feeling I paid too much for my stay. Beds were comfortable and room was clean though.

The hotel common areas are nice and the restaurant was yummy, but expensive, like most in DC.

Quality hotel with good price value ratio in the neighborhood of Capitoleum.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast only for money. Noisy room. Bed was too soft.

Perfect location: close to Union Station and National Mall. Spacious room. Big screen TV. Helpful staff.

disappointing
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

no movie channels on tv so would have paid for a movie oh no no pay per view no refrigerator in room will not let outside food delivery come to your room had to go down 7 floors to get my food even though they gave me number of delivery service

Central location but needs updating.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel decor and facilities need updating and it is expensive for what is on offer.

While hotel very centrally located for a tourist the facilities and decor need updating.

It was and end to a means for our trip, not a place I would stay again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel what contemporary design but you can tell it is becoming dilapidated. Cleanliness of room was unfortunately not up to par, a lot of mold in shower on grout. Towel service was not consistent. Some days had enough towels, some days did not. Some days had not bath mat and no washcloths, some days did. The size of the bathroom is smallest I’ve seen in a hotel... TINY!!! The exercise facility is like an afterthought. No air conditioning, treadmills are dreadful, worst I’ve experienced. Have to take elevator to 10th floor and then climb seriously scary looking staircase to 11th floor for exercise and pool. Access to the exercise facility is crazy, no handle on door, have to scan your room card around the corner to get the door to open, which was not obvious. Restaurant is subpar and does not serve full breakfast during the week sending us elsewhere. Dinner was eh for a large bill, would not eat there again. Was much better three years ago.

Location and proximity to The Capitol and The Mall was perfect. Hotel staff were pleasant.

It was okay stay, not great and definitely not worth the price.

The staff. The free coffee on the weekends run out too quickly. The coffee machine in our room wasn’t functioning well, and the staff didn’t replace the needed toiletries like lotion. The air conditioning wasn’t working well and the room was humid at times.

The location of the hotel room was great. It was close to all the popular sites we wanted to visit.

The staff members were amazing!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms were very small and the bathroom was less than desirable. No fridge, no microwave. The bed was very stiff and beyond uncomfortable.

The staff members were amazing!

This hotel is ideally located and pleasant to stay in.

I didn't like the fact that there was no complimentary bottle of water in the room just one that cost $6. In addition when asking for water after the bar had closed no one in the hotel reception was able to get us a glass of water. I didn't like the slow service when trying to check our bags in. I didn't like the fact that we were over charged twice in the bar for drinks we didn't order. I didn't like the poor selection of channels on the TV. I didn't like the men gathered around the concierge stand when we arrived. They were hanging out like a bunch of friends and I felt this was unprofessional. The hotel lobby is out dated and needs renovation. I felt that while the staff were friendly there was no real effort to go beyond and do that little bit extra to make their guests stay more satisfactory.

I liked the fact that the hotel was so close to Union Station and the museums were in walking distance. I liked the free coffee at breakfast time which was a lovely touch. The girls at reception were were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The bar area was nice and relaxing.

Good located but not very friendly hotel.

They charged my card 3 times with different prices of an accommodation and it took several days to return the first one (I am still waiting if the second amount will be returned). No mini bar or refrigiator, no hotel shop. Very strange distribution of breakfest - although we have made a reservation through Booking.com with "breakfest included", we had to order every single juice or fruit and be careful if the total amount will not be higher than our limit for such "included breakfest" USD 15.

Good location near the US Capitol and the Union Station, clean room, good internet.

Staff friendly & helpful.

Deliveries out back commenced at 6:00am. Some errors in bar tab at busy times

Staff friendly & helpful. Rooms very clean & comfortable. Free morning coffee to go & wifi

Great location, excellent rooms, terrible breakfast
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was a total shambles. You either have to order from the very expensive in room dining menu (by the time they have added the %18 service charge and the $11 delivery fee a simple egg on toast with coffee for 2 is around $100). The restaurant does not serve any hot items just a few bits of fruit, yoghurt, sandwiches etc all individually priced. You cannot even get cereals. The rooms need a fridge.

Very clean room, excellent beds, good shower. Wonderful location for visting Washington's tourist attractions.

loved the location so disappointed in my room

huge conference, no sleep! partying people! you should try to put non cnference people on a different floor. Terrible sheets, stiff!!! The mattress had some type of plastic cover. Everytime you moved you heard the plastic

location was great

Refurbished, average hotel in great location

Not much to dislike, only one thing to mention: arriving after a long and tiring 5,5-hour travel, the front office manager wasn't in a welcoming mood and couldn't find our booking (tried like 3 times), so a senior colleague came to help but none of them apologised for the inconvenience (the senior manager didn't even greet us or looked at us) nor did they told where we could find the elevators or what we should know about the breakfast so they pretty much set the mood for us. Just to be clear: we had our room confirmed, our reservation was fine they just couldn't find it which wasn't our fault, still we felt really bad.

Breakfast is delicious (the banana bread is pure heaven, don't miss it), room was spacious, bed is comfy and house-keeping is fine. Location is superb, the hotel is literally next to the Capitol and Union Station is also like a 5-minutes-walk away.

Nice hotel, embarrassing breakfast offering - extremely poor

The breakfast was laughable. i had arranged a business meeting there and it was embarrassing. Starbucks have more choice. Basically they have a sales cart where you can pick from around 3 items of fast food that they then bring to your table. I will no longer use this hotel

in general a nice hotel, around the 5th time i have stayed there, but ruined by not offering proper food at breakfast

Looks like a motel without stars...

Disgusting hotel , plus 350 usd for such hotel, which look like motel on the high way... everything was so bad, so I cancelled my stay instead of 4 days just slept overnight then paid fine and move immediately to another one ... sorry 350 usd per night supposed to be much better. I won’t recommend it to my colleagues !!! Btw blocked some guarantee fees on my credit card, although still unlocked that amount.

Nothing ..... only location close to the Capitol !

Locations is great but this not a very good value for money

Old property, needs renovation, there is some odor in the room, probably from old ventilation system and one cannot open window even for little fresh air. There should be extra blanket in the room

Poor experience was eventually made right.
    • Premium King Room

UPDATE - I was finally able to get in touch with the hotel and was assured that my experience was a indeed a rare fluke. The person who eventually reached out was gracious and helpful. The hotel was able to correct the situation and has promised to work with the front desk team to ensure this does not happen to other guests. I felt compelled to update this review to reflect the hotel's prime location and sleek looking rooms. ORIGINAL - From the front desk staff right up through the chain - I have never experienced POORER Customer Service in my life. We had a TERRIBLE check-in experience. WARNING to anyone staying there - this is one of the few "high-end" hotels where the person who made the reservation MUST be present. Sharing a last name or credit card with your SPOUSE WILL NOT SUFFICE. You could wait hours (as we did) for your entire party to arrive. Then, our hallway smelled terrible and our room vibrated NONSTOP from a generator or other machine on property. Our room - like most there, it seems, has a view of nothing but an HVAC unit. The lobby was a circus and felt more like an airport. I have never left a bad review before - but this hotel should be avoided if you expect to be treated like a paying guest in any way. I waited to post this in hopes that our experience was a fluke, and would be made right, but it has proven impossible to reach anyone to get answers. The terrible customer service didn't end at our stay...At first, a lower level staffer entered a false attempt to contact me into the system to make it appear that they had done their job. Later, I was given inaccurate contact info for a Senior team member, and even after finding the real email address AND trying the general mailbox I have no answers. I would never stay at this property or any of their hotels again. I am a seasoned traveler and have NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS.

The hotel is centrally located and the Valet crew is great.

Great area and clean.

Fees for parking are very high. Valet wasn't very careful with baggage. My bag with my camera was thrown on top of the shelf and fell. Luckily my tiny WiFi plug case was the only thing broken.

Great area!

Breakfast was supposed to be included and was not really...

Breakfast was supposed to be included and was not really included, they charge for everything. The view from the room was terrible. The bathroom was tiny. There was no fridge, no vending machines, and the front desk staff was rude. I put in the reservation I’d like to pay cash and at check out they just put the charge through on my card. Not that it’s a huge deal but considering I was already unhappy it was the icing on top of the cake.

Will not stay in the future unless real changes are implemented focused especially on physical renov
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The $22 facility fee is high. WiFi in hotels is not secure and I should not have to pay for it if I do not need it. "Free coffee" was part of this fee????

Suzanne, our housekeeper, was exceptional. The location was good because we had appointments with Congressmen and Senators and could walk to those offices.

Had some issues.

Room smelled like mildew and should have moved but didn’t have time to deal with hassle plus didn’t have confidence would be better. Room was dark and dreary. My room was 733 with no view and last possible room down a long corridor. Hotel had false alarm fire drill day - and had to walk down and up 7 flights of steps to room. The next day elevators were down again and had to take steps a second time. I could have waited it out with the mobs of others in the lobby but I needed to make appointment in time. No coffee in hotel for sale except for morning. No straws at restaurant for soft drinks which I don’t think is sanitary. Got an attitude at bar late at night when I asked for water. They were closing and didn’t want to bother. Gave me a tiny glass of water begrudgingly. In general just felt the stay was sub par for the money. Perhaps just bad luck but was optimistic I would be happier here than at the Hyatt.

Convenience to cap hill and bed was comfortable

Functional, not luxurious.

The staff was functional, not inviting. The doors to the rooms could quite easily be dampered so that they would not slam so strongly and loudly. Pillowcases felt like they were chosen for the way they look, not the way they feel.

The location and the price were exactly what I was hoping for. Showers were hot, towels were clean and comfortable, housekeeping did an amazing job every day.

Many places to see in US capital.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No lock on toilet door. No place to hang outdoor clothes. Area around the hotel was not the best.

Staff was great. Nice breakfast. Large room and large queen beds, plenty of space for 2 adults. Largest TV I have ever had in a hotel. 4 elevators so no waiting to go up/down.

Pretty, location is great, but room needs more simple amenities.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No fridge or microwave. Do not know if this is room specific or not.

I have stayed here several times before and loved it. I was disappointed that there was no little fridge or microwave. For that reason, I won't return. It is a nice hotel and the location is fantastic. I have great memories though!

Excellent staff.

Excellent staff. Remodeling going on, which was a bit distracting. Otherwise, it was perfect for our needs. Staff went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and appreciated.

Except for the above there is not a lot to say, it was about as expected.

We arrived on late Friday morning and left Sunday afternoon. We received no cleanup services at all on Saturday. Later in the evening when I sought clean face towels from the cleaning person on the floor, I was told that the hotel had run out of clean face towels . I got fresh hand towels as a substitute. I understand that it was a holiday weekend but we expected better.

It is in a good location for those who wish to visit Capitol Hill and nearby venues. The staff was friendly.

Exceptional staff and beyond great service

didn't like my short stay. would have been great to stay here longer but i had a few days in town. i look forward for the next opportunity to stay here again. i love love love this hotel. great everything.

bed could have been a little more comfy maybe an added pillow top would be good.

It was a good experience.

Valet parking was way too expensive. The dining room was closed for an unknown reason. No room service and a lack of vending machines.

The room was clean and the noise level was low. The front desk personnel were pleasant and helpful. The bartenders were also pleasant.

More than we anticipated.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I'm not if we just missed this but it would be a great benifit if there was a fan in the bathroom. Because when taking a hot shower, it got very steamy in the bathroom.

The rooms where clean and had everything we needed. Loved having such a huge tv, and a hair dryer. We had put in a request to keep our bags somewhere safe after we checked out on Sunday, and they provided us a service to do so. It felt safe and not eerie, like some hotels. It was refreshing to see that there were many other people in the hotel that weekend.

Clean enough and nice location, very close to the capitol.

Too expensive for what you get. Parking is charged 50$ a day. There is a private parking nearby which costs 25$.

Clean enough and nice location, very close to the capitol.

The Liaison offers a private, decent and clean place to shower and sleep.
    • King Accessible

My tub had significant rust stains, and the shower head was dirty. There was no in-room dining available during the entire week of my stay. Vending machines stole my money and weren’t stocked. The same concierge seemed to enjoy politely saying no to simple requests. I had to ask for a manger twice, before getting what I needed. The hotels had no on-site sundries (Tylenol, tweezers, etc.). I was offered a measly extra 30 minutes to check out, on NEW YEAR’S DAY, when there was lots of room availability. Had to complain before getting an hour. Typical of most hotels, but bothersome: there were very thin walls - I could hear full conversations from next door.

The hotel had a nice atmosphere, was conveniently located near my planned destinations, and offered nice, basic amenities. The bar staff was very friendly and accommodating. While I didn’t partake of the event, there was a nice live band playing on NYE.

Rooms were nice and proximity to museums close

Restaurant bar and cafe closed over our stay which was not known when booking. Coffee was available in lobby during mornings however empty each time.

Rooms were nice and proximity to museums close

Right next to the Capitol

The lobby was crowded all the time, it's not a big deal, just good to know. They'll charge you resort fees, and they didn't told us prior to the trip, it's not really fair.

It's very well located, right next to the Capitol. And yet it's calm and quiet. The room was good, and there is a bar and a restaurant in the lobby.

average.

The reservation says free breakfast, but when we get there, there are no breakfast. Our room was great but in room 817 from 5am-6am pipes start to sound, for the price of the hotel, i dont think that we were supposed to experience those. Selection of food in the restaurant is too few.

Location was great. design is awesome

The Liason is the poster child for the best hotel in Washington, D.C. Deangelo and team are the top

I only wish that I could have stayed longer.

The staff here is incredible! Extremely accommodating and generous. They made our stay so awesome. I am recommending this hotel to everyone I know heading their way.

Location and value for money

Staff were not the most polite and we chose to park our car at Union Station as the cost to park at the hotel per day was ridiculous!

Location and value for money

Great location. Potential for a much nicer stay.

The room had a few "details" that took away from the experience (chipped bathtub, rusty soap holder in tub, water stains in art hanging in bathroom area, dirty coffee machine inside of room). I was not told the hotel had complimentary coffee service in the restaurant until i was checking out (was not mentioned to me during check-in).

Location is amazing. A bit far from some of the metro stations, but overall, it was convenient to where i needed to go during my stay. Clean rooms, lots of space.

Great stay. They almost got it right
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking was $48/night. Robbery. I took the rental car back. I stayed 4 days. That's $200 to get a room for my car. Rediculous. This is what would make me not sty there again unfortunately, because everything else was nice. It's like going to a nice dinner door two and the waitress adds an automatic tip to the bill and waits while you fume over the inconsiderate posture. If it was a budget hotel, I'd maybe be more understanding

Internet search

The hotel was great and I would recommend it to others.
    • Two Queen Bed Accessible

I did not like that they do not have a refrigerator in the room. It was inconvenient when I ordered fodd but could not keep it for the next day. All the other amenities were great.

I liked the space of the room and how comfortable the temperature of the room is.

Smelled amazing, very clean and modern.

Small bathrooms and hard beds. Finance staff messed up my bill and could never answer a phone call and never called me back. Very disappointing. Would not recommend staying here for this reason.

Smelled amazing, very clean and modern.

Staff is good.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast included is not true! The hotel said that breakfast was included in the price, which is the reason we booked this hotel but the reality is they only give us $15 credit for breakfast ($15 for 3 person/$5 per person). The breakfast is priced around $20 per dish, so that is about $45 per day. The windows are filthy. we can barely see through the windows and we cannot open none of them.

Staff is good.

The staff was very helpful and pleasant to interact with.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When I was researching where to stay in DC I put in the search that I wanted a hotel that included breakfast, had an airport shuttle, was $200 or less a night and was close to the Smithsonian. The Liaison came up as the best mach so I booked a room there. Only one of these was true (it is close to the Smithsonian). After making the reservation I discovered that they didn't actually have a shuttle but for $75 they would send a car. While checking in I was told that I had "prepaid" for breakfast for two even though my reservation was for 3 people. But She said "That's ok just don’t go over $30." The most expensive thing on the weekday menu was basically an egg and ham mcmuffin for $9 without the hashbrown or oj. If you go over the $30 you are charged at checkout. If you are under $30 it is not refunded. The building was nicely decorated but had an "old" smell. The bathroom smelled of mildew (no fan) and the tub had been painted and was peeling.

The staff was very helpful and pleasant to interact with. They fixed the billing error quickly.

Great value for money

Just the fact that all rooms in the hotel are connecting rooms.

Location: The proximity to union station, national mall, capitol hill etc... Staff: very helpful kind and always smiling. I had a small issue with my room and the staff went beyond the call of duty to move me in less than 2 hours to another room. I would like in particular to thank Ana Trevisan for the professional and courteous service. Breakfast: i liked what they offer on their menu in particular the farmer eggs and the eggs benedict. Would have loved them to have a buffet though

The staff were not always friendly.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff were not always friendly. I had a problem with my card and they wouldn't let me go in my room to get my laptop to fix the problem! Some of them were nicer though. I also had to call them to add my friends name to the room even though she had the booking code and the picode which should be enough. The staff on the phone were also not friendly.