Reviews of The Madison, a Hilton Hotel 4 stars

1177 15th Street NW, Northwest, Washington, DC 20005, USA

#80 of 138 hotels in Washington

I felt nickeled and dimed.

I felt nickeled and dimed. We had no idea when booking all the little add on fees. $59 for leaving our car in the parking garage for one night is insane. $75 for first pet & $25 for an additional pet also insane. For that price I could have boarded my dogs or hired a pet sitter. The price isn’t as upsetting as the fact it wasn’t disclosed on the website when booking. I’d rather pay a higher nightly rate than be nickeled and dimed to death. Otherwise the hotel itself is beautiful and in a great location

Pleasent
    • Superior Queen Room

Had to hire fridge as we had a an infant with us ,fridge in room was full and electronic billed if you removed the contents more a business use , also no kettle or complements coffee in the room

Was close to all the sight seeing areas stafv were very friendly

Changed my booking reservation 😢

They changed my booking for a horrendous and terrible room, I felt like crying so made a complaint and I got another a more better, thanks God.

They try to help me at the end, that’s good The location is so convenient

Ripped off
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Was completely blown off when leaving early for a medical emergency and still charged for the entire stay, early departure fee, early arrival fee, and for a water I didn't drink. I do not believe it was fair in any way. I always stay at Hilton and now I feel as though I never will again.

It was located on a nice corner. The bell hop was very nice. That's about it.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Decor, huge TV.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The fact that the drinks and snacks are on sensors so if you pick them up for longer than a few seconds, you are automatically billed. We wasn't told about this at check in. Luckily one of the kids only tilted the water bottle therefore wasn't charged $9.00. There are no coffee/tea facilities. Really disappointed in that.

Decor, huge TV.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

The Madison was a great stay, cool to just hang out at the...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The Madison was a great stay, cool to just hang out at the bar relaxing too. It was really hot while in DC and our room was always a nice welcome home to aircon.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Nice hotel for family with kids
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The concierge, inocent, was agreat so wasthe bill staff. The reception staff. Weher not friendly, especially the guy who checked us jn.

Checking was ok, but yhe gentlemen was having a bad day. And couldnt simile at all. The first room we got had a bad moulddy smell, then the second room was more tolerable!

Very close to tourist sites and staff was very friendly and...

Breakfast and parking is costly but not a required fee.

Very close to tourist sites and staff was very friendly and assisted us in finding best way to travel next day and held our luggage for us at no additional cost. Very comfortable!

Good location and experience

The only point is related to the night stay which was higher than I had booked, but nothing too different.

You can go walking to White House, all good bakeries and restaurants are close, the applies to other facilities as CVS, Market, Capitol Bikes as also 2 subway stations. Its clean and easy to be located. I recommend!

Lovely hotel, well placed for sight seeing.

A bit slow to respond to an issue we had with a leaking toilet. We were waiting around for someone to come and fix it (just in case we needed to move rooms). The bar area is a little small and can get quite busy.

Nice breakfast and rooms are big and comfortable. Nicely situated. Happy hour in the bar all day which probably contributed to it being busy.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Nice hotel and close to white house
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We would've loved tea in our rooms and access to a fridge but it was only available for the items to be purchased.

Great variety of fresh fruit at the breakfast buffet and an easy location close to the white house.

The location is excellent.

Time for a minor refresh. The rooms could use some painting and the carpets need cleaning. The hallways needed to be vacuumed. Paper, lent, and strings stayed in the floor in the hall all weekend even with house keeping coming through to clean.

The location is excellent.

Room was excellent.

Breakfast was cold even after they brought out fresh eggs and potatoes. Evening manager -Rass was not responsive when asked to check on credit card charge for room. This manager said he would check on matter and call our room later that night with answer to our concerns. (This was after he first told us to call the third party vendor.) We were in in room all night and Never received a call from Raas. It wasn’t until we checked out the following evening morning that we mentioned the issue with the front desk. The young lady went to the Michael, front office manager and the credit card issue was resolved immediately and I was able to pay bill with my debit card. We were very disappointed Raas did not show the same concern when we expressed our desire in wanting to use the card of Our choice. All of the other staff we came in contact with were Great.

Hotel was very clean and location was great.

At the check-in they proposed us to upgrade the room for...

At the check-in they proposed us to upgrade the room for 35$/night to enjoy a room with a nicer view. When we saw the room and realized it had no particular or special view we felt deceived and we demanded back the room we had booked on-line, that was litteraly the same. Furthermore not very kind and welcoming, not even a smile or greetings. Not very appropriate for a 4 stars hotel.

Not what she used to be.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I used to work at this hotel in 1976. In those days, it was a beautiful hotel. There were celebrities and all kinds of important people staying there. The front desk staff was much friendlier, the doorman, bellman and concierge staff jumped when a guest needed assistance, you didn't need to ask. The housekeeping staff placed a Godiva chocolate on your pillow after they made your room. Now, the front desk staff is very flat. No real interaction with the guests other than checking you in. There is nothing free, no water in the room, not even a coffee maker in the room. The bellman and concierge only help you if you ask for help. I was checking out and was obviously struggling with my bags. There was nobody who opened the very heavy door for me or offered to help in any way. When I got outside, the doorman was hunched over the podium on his cellphone. I stood there for several minutes, while waiting for the Uber that I had ordered before he ever even asked me if I needed a taxi. The room itself wasn't what it used to be. It is old and outdated. The wall around the air conditioning vent was warped, patched and painted over. The carpet was stained. They have a mini fridge in the room but you can't use it because it's stuffed full of all the items they want you to use so they can charge you 3 times as much as it's worth. The Madison Hotel has really list it's glamour. And to think, I was excited to bring my son here to show him where I worked when I was his age. I had told him how things had been when I worked there and now I was staying there as a guest! I was more embarrassed than proud!

The restaurant in the hotel is actually quite good. We ate there twice in our 4 day stay. A bit overpriced but then, everything else is too!

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The location is up to 30min walking distance from important...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

First of all, reservation made on 3rd party sites (like Booking) it's not guaranteed. This was the first time when we heard a reservation from Booking was not guaranteed. We made a reservation for 4 persons (2 adults and 2 kids) with a Deluxe room with 2 queen-size beds in Jan 2018 and when we arrived after 6 months we had a surprise – the room type was not available (due to overbooking). In order to find a solution the Front Office Director had to be involved. After several discussions we had to accept their solution with 2 roll beds and a discount per night. We left for a walk and we asked to have the room be ready with the 2 beds and bathroom accessories for 4. In the evening , when we came back to the hotel, another surprise! Only one roll bed and not enough bathroom accessories. It took more than 1 hour to get the second roll bed in the room – around 10:30 PM. We had a corner room with 2 AC's but one was not working properly. Breakfast could be better! We had breakfast included, but only few options to choose. A personal note and cookies in the room from the Front Office Director were deeply appreciated, but for a 4* hotel, part of Hilton hotel chain, we had other expectations.

The location is up to 30min walking distance from important visiting sites in Washington.

Staff is very helpful

Parking is too expensive. Around 60 usd per day. All other features of the hotel are great, and staff is helpful. Breakfast (a la carte) is really good (buffet is average).

Staff is very helpful Location is very convenient.

The hotel was beautiful, clean, and close (walking distance)...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Even though I called to say we’d have a very late check in when we got there they didn’t have the room we reserved. Thankfully we were upgraded to a humongous suite.. but still has to have one person sleep on couch that did not pull out (but they also brought in a roll away bed for another). Parking was ridiculously expensive at $59 per night.. even though we valeted the first night and didn’t take our car out until we left.

The hotel was beautiful, clean, and close (walking distance) to everything! We were upgraded to a suite.

There was discrepancy in preis.

There was discrepancy in preis. Payment had to be done in cash. Everything you bought extra - breakfast, drinks etc costet extremely much. Really nothing you could afford (e.g breakfast omelete 25 dollars)

The location was great, the staff was really friendly, the...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Two drawers in the cabinet under could not have been closed, they kept opening themselves.

The location was great, the staff was really friendly, the beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Overall great.

Pleasant.

See above.

Disappointed to find the Hilton chain using plastic crockery. Environmentally unfriendly and below the standard I would expect from a Hilton hotel.

Highly recommended as a reasonably-priced base for exploring DC

(We didn’t eat in)

Clean, comfortable, convenient. Once we’d sorted that the metro went from McPherson, we were flying making it very easy to reach Smithsonian, Capitol etc. Could walk 5 blocks to White House. Staff very welcoming and helpful.

The room type (double queen) I booked 2 months ago was sold...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room type (double queen) I booked 2 months ago was sold out. No one told me this. Why there was a confirmation if the room sold out? I only got one king bed first night which was not enough for us. I am very disappointed both booking.com and the hotel deny their fault. They all thought it was totally other party’s mistake. This attitude cannot help preventing future issue.

Ideal stay after a long sightseeing day in DC

Great accommodation in a classic setting, spacy rooms with all comforts one would expect from this class of hotel. Near all the important sights in Washington DC so perfect for a short trip to enjoy the history of the city.

Room provided was not the same as booked.

Room provided was not the same as booked. I booked two bed room but they provided one king bed room because of unavailability and booked through 3rd party (booking.com)... They said not able to guarantee the number of bed when booked third party. It was not reasonable and unbelievable for me... I will never use this hotel.

Pleasant overall

We upgraded to a King Suite, I wouldn't recommend doing it, not worth the extra $35 a night. Also because we upgraded and there are only a few rooms like that available we had to wait over 2 hours to check in and if we had kept our original room we would have gotten in right away. The only complaint about the restaurant is that the eggs could be cooked a little longer, kinda soupy. Also, they need to give a clearer explanation of how the breakfast that is included with the room works. We were originally charged but they did reverse the charges.

Comfortable beds, good breakfast selections. Pleasant staff. Convenient location.

Enjoyed my visit.

Shower water was scolding hot. Had to wrap a hand towel around my right hand to turn water off. Couldn't find any cold shower water. Had a problem locking the door.

The decor

Had a comfortable stay, the room was clean and breakfast was...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Had a comfortable stay, the room was clean and breakfast was very good. The location of the hotel was great within walking distance of the White House and other notable places. Will stay there again when in DC.

My stay at The Madison
    • Premium King Room

I requested for the price list of the items in the mini bar thrice from the receptionist, who promised to send it to my room thrice but they didn't bring it to my room. I needed the price list to confirm what I have taken from the mini bar which was already in my bill. So I had to pay for the items in my bill without clarification.

The location was perfect

A nice little getaway to escape the everyday life

That you didn’t have just a fridge I had to buy stuff just too put my dinner in. Ended up wasting leftovers because didn’t get to put it in the fridge

Staff was amazing and very helpful! We needed some directions and the concierge at the side desk (I’m so sorry I can’t remember his name maybe aseem?) gave us wonderful direction and told us all the good places to go!

Madison Washington DC
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Roll-In Shower - Mobility Accessible

Fantastic quality hotel, less than 10 a minute walk to the White House. Very friendly staff, hotel restaurant was excellent. Room and beds very comfortable.

The hotel was very nice and enjoyable. Great location Service in the restaurant needs improvement.

The breakfast buffer was too limited and the service on our last day was poor in the restaurant. there needs to be more oversight of the personnel and follow-up to make sure orders are filled in a timely and complete manner.

The restaurant management and organization was lacking.

Nice but WAY too expensive for what we got.

I answered it in the first question.

Loved the proximity to the White House, but being from central Pennsylvania, we found the prices of things to be ridiculous. I bought two tiny pieces of apple pie and two cups of hot water with a tea bag in them and took the up to the room myself and it cost $30. It was unbelievably expensive. The tourist aspect of DC is too gimmicky and just a money trap. People should be allowed to visit the nation’s capital without going in debt. It’s a shame that anytime there’s an attraction humans get so greedy that they bilk every last penny out of each other. The hotel was very beautiful and historic, the staff were as nice as I’ve ever seen anyone be, but of course that’s probably because I was handing them $20 bills everytime they looked at me.

Quiet and relaxing
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I would have preferred a king size bed to two queen beds since I was alone. Restaurant staff needs to be enlightened on how to check if guests have paid for breakfast or not. One particular staff kept issuing receipts for me to sign after breakfast even after I had explained that my accommodation included breakfast. A simple check at the point of allocating tables would avoid that.

Breakfast was good. Bed was comfortable

Wouldn’t recommend
    • Premium King Room

Old hotel, rooms need to be painted, redecorated, New mattresses, cooling was extremely noisy. Also didn’t realize that I didn’t get Hilton points since I booked through you

Only good thing was location.

This hotel is Not worth the money. There are several hotels in the area with more amenities e.g pool

The building looked old and the room wasn’t as I expected it to be for the price. I also didn’t like the fact that you had to pay $60 for valet on top of the cost of the room and I wasn’t aware of the $100 deposit.

The bed was wonderful!

All in all it was a great stay. Very cozy and quite.

The bed was not firm enough for my preference. Lots of workers to tip...The parking person from the garage, then the bell boy from the lobby to the room. I was under the impression that they all worked for the hotel.

Room service was great. Staff was very polite and courteous and also very helpful whenever I had a question.

The concierge was really helpful.
    • Superior King Room

The bed was really bad. It was a King and felt like a old best western or old comfort inn bed. Also, should have had a little refrigerator.

The concierge was really helpful.

Concerns related to my key not working, and text message...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Paint was chipping from the ceiling, didn't impact my stay but didn't give a great impression of the room.

Concerns related to my key not working, and text message before arrival were great!

Terrific!! Staff were helpful, room and bed were really comfortable. Dinner at restaurant was very.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wish there had been coffee maker in room (specifically could have used a cup of tea in the evening). Bar area did smell like a gym on the one time we went there.

Else very comfortable and will both recommend it and planning to stay here next trip.

Pleasant stay!

Tricksy mini bar... :) They count in and outs automatically and if you want to have your own drink in to keep it cold, you may have a surprise with your bill. So, pay attention or ask about it when you are checking out. ;)

Great location for walking distance, very nice & helpful staff, clean rooms. We booked a room for one night and got a good rate (by chance). Otherwise, the rates are pretty high.

Reasonable prices, great food, near Logan Circle

The free coffee in the lobby was a plus, and the restaurant exceeded our expectations. Lunch (burger and quinoa salad with salmon were delicious), and breakfast was prompt and pleasantly served. Would definitely stay here again.

Lovely hotel, friendly staff, nice location.

The neighbourhood around the hotel felt safe but it was a bit of a walk to the main attractions of Washington and the areas where restaurants and bars were located. Washington hotels in general are on the expensive side and we chose this one because breakfast was included which helped to keep the cost of the stay down.

Beautifully appointed hotel. The bedroom was clean, the decoration modern and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and plentiful, we had a bit of a wait for a table though so you need to get the timing right.

The stay was decent and good for the price, and great for the location.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed was very hard and uncomfortable. felt the springs. We had a tough time getting our room b/c they said they had no more available when we had booked the room, paid, and had it confirmed more than a month ahead of time. Additionally, there was rotting food in the hallway of our floor for many hours before and after we had reported the smell from the hallway, which was rancid.

Nice bathrooms and sheets/blankets/pillows. The staff was kind even when things went a tad wrong with the check-in.

Honestly, all in all, I have no major complaints. I had a pleasant stay.

I did not like the fact that we placed a DND sign on the door & we were advised that it was protocol & they HAVE to go into the room even if it's to check. I did not care for the view. The A/C vent is located between the window & the curtain so it goes directly up in between that space. Also, I believe the hotel has 14 floors & they only have two ice machines: floor 6 & 12. Not convenient - at least for me.

The scrambled eggs were delicious. The prosecco is refreshing. The entrance is impressive. It's location couldn't be better. The asparagus soup is sinful. The avocado toast is finger licking good. Staff is very polite & their professionalism is appreciated.

Great location, but poor service

Staff often does not seem to know what to do and is not responsive (and did not seem very invested or forthcoming); some staff did not even understand what we were telling them; promises were not kept, no following through with plans; wife stepped into rusty nail in the carpet

Great location; staff bumped us up into a better room for my wife's birthday

Basic
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They tried to charge us $25 to check in early, instead, we decided to let them just hold our bags until night. Was really annoyed that the first room they gave us was dirty - we walked into an unmade bed and dirty wine glasses. Then, not even sympathetic, we were given another room a few floors lower without toiletries (no toothpaste or shower shampoos) which we had to call for and came 30 minutes later.

The lobby area was nice, and they stored our bags.

When I reserved I went for the bed and breakfast option.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When I reserved I went for the bed and breakfast option. Never did it say it only included for two people and not for of us. I traveled with my son and daughter both under 12. And the breakfast was really poor to be honest and wanted to charge us 15 usd per person.

I would be happy to recommend this hotel but cannot on the basis of price hiking.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking per night was $59. It is absolutely ludicrous to charge your actual guests this much for parking. Additional the cost for 3ml of a glass of wine is the equivalent to buying a bottle. 4 pieces of French toast for $18 is quite steep. It’s asinine to gouge your customers in this way.

The rooms were spacious and comfy. The decor was lovely and the service was fantastic.

Nice facility, but restless night for a light sleeper
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Infiltrating noise from the street and hallway (better bring ear plugs if light sleeper) and very noisy heat/ac unit that kicked on intermittently (sounded like jet engine) without thermostat controls that can manually manipulate

Clean, friendly staff, decor

Enjoyable

Requested for a quiet room on a high floor, but was given a room right outside the elevators on the fourth floor, which definitely had quite a bit of noise. Housekeeping started pretty early (9-10am) which was unexpected.

Room was nice and clean Express checkout is convenient Good location, 8-10min from the nearest train stop, and walking distance to dupont circle Requested for bandaids, and was given a bunch of them in addition to alcohol swabs within 10min. Very impressive! Wifi was a good speed, can watch youtube videos

A Great location, lovely hotel, charming bar, great staff all contributed to a very nice visit in DC
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed was not as comfortable as I am used to at the Hilton chain.

The staff was great, but I would have liked to have someone out front to take my car when I got there, and again when I came back around midnight on Friday night. Dropping the keys off at the desk is fine, but I wasn't sure what to do, so a sign would have been helpful.

Nice hotel, with a lovely and friendly staff.

A large group of volleyball players, parents and coaches were there during our stay. Our room was located by some of the team. They were loud all hours of the day and night, even in the halls. When we were in the bar, the parents and coaches were EXTREMELY loud. We moved to the dining room to have drinks, then more parents came to the DR. We then had to move to the lobby to be able to hear each other - really. We said something to the staff, but nothing was done. It would have been nice if all the teams rooms were together on a floor, possibly away from other guests.

Beautiful hotel, nice rooms and a good location.

The walls are very very thing - we could hear a lady in the next room coughing constantly, we also got accidentally evacuated at 6am and was given nothing by the hotel to compensate - a drink voucher would have been appreciated. Also the alarm was so soft that only 6 people heard it - very dangerous if there was a real fire.

Beautiful hotel, nice rooms and a good location. Staff were pleasant.

Our stay was very enjoyable.

Our experience at this hotel was excellent. The bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel is decorated very nicely. The location was excellent for sightseeing.

High quality at a great location.

Starbucks inside was closed and we couldn't get coffee when we arrived (closed at 5:00pm on a Friday, weird). Parking is exorbitantly expensive though not surprising given this is downtown DC - I parked a block away for half the price.

Stayed at this hotel before for business. Location is obviously great - you are just few blocks away from the White House. I really like the lobby for some reason, and everything feels really high quality. Staff is very nice and quite international which I like.

Great, comfortable stay in a perfect location.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

waited a long time to get car but issues were resolved by the hotel manager

Beautiful, comfortable hotel with all the amenities you need to make for a perfect place to stay while visiting DC. Great location and very helpful staff.

First return visit since switch from Lowe’s to Hilton.
    • Superior King Room

First return visit since switch from Lowe’s to Hilton....much less staff at the front desk and front door. Staff not as sharp and friendly. Disappointed at level of service.

This property is overrated and online images are not accurate.
    • Junior King Suite with Terrace

Pictures of the room types online are deceiving. We stayed in a suite that appeared to be 2 rooms online and was in fact one larger room. We would not have booked this hotel knowing this. The telephones did not work and hotel is generally quite out dated. Staff were OK but struggled to keep things going - seemed short staffed and not prepared for the flow of customers in the lobby.

Bed was very comfortable.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking (valet) is expensive.

Bed was very comfortable. I found the staff to be friendly, helpful. Very impressed to receive a text immediately after check in.

excellent location

We ordered a delux king room and were amazed how inconvenient it was. Since we were travelling with friend we compared our rooms and only then found out that we didn't get the room we paid for. The reception manger claimed he had no other room available so we changed to a delux queen room. Needles to say he didn't agree to reimburse us.

excellent location

Spacious room, nice location.
    • Luxury King Room

Noise isolation wasn't very good, could hear very clearly everything in the hall. Cleaning had a tendency to knock on the door pretty early in the morning. There is a building being built across the street all day and night.

Big, comfortable room in a nice location with cafes and restaurants nearby. Staff were nice and helpful. Metro station is about 5 min walk, the Washington monument is about 20 min. Good Wi-Fi.

Great hotel. Big rooms and great location
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We requested a quiet room and the first room we were given had a huge fan /generator outside which was noisy. They moved us to a room outside the elevator which was quieter but you could hear the loud bell of the elevator in the room. The hotel swapped ownership so I emailed Hilton directly to check everything was still OK with booking and I didn't receive a response until after the stay. They told me that they didn't have that particular hotel in their list and couldn't confirm booking. Luckily everything was fine when I arrived at hotel. No tea or coffee making facilities in room

Huge room and bed. Good location. Across the road from coffee shop and 10 minute walk to white house. Beautiful hotel. Would certainly stay again, particularly if we could get another great deal through booking.com

Centrally located
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was a total car crash Bar food was beyond average - I actually went to the Westin one night

Centrally located Facilities nice Friendly staff

Great location. Decorated well, but staff and lack of facilities really let it down. Disappointing!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Rude unhelpful staff. Restaurant closed. General disfunction! Lack of facilities such as vending machines. Not enough places in room to charge phones etc.

The location was great. Short walk to the White House. Rooms and lobby beautifully decorated.

They gave me a room which was already slept in - to correct...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They gave me a room which was already slept in - to correct the problem they graciously upgraded me to a penthouse, where I was confronted with the largest cockroach I've ever seen, checking under the bed to see if he had friends I found an open condom wrapper - both were uncleared during the length of my one week stay - showed both to a Manager personally. Very loud construction across the street that starts very early in the morning.

It was at a great location, really good sized room, nice bar...

The main entryway was closed off the entire weekend, which made it annoying to enter or wait for an uber. The tvs in the room are the size of very small computer screens, it felt out of place with the size of the room. Needed upgrade. Also, no tubs in a king sized bed room was disappointing.

It was at a great location, really good sized room, nice bar and coffee shop within the lobby.

Wouldn’t stay again.

Furniture in rooms were old. Drawers wouldn’t stay closed. Blinds were broken. Drapes wouldn’t stay open. TV screen was discolored. Right next to ice machine so very loud at all times of the day. The main restaurant was closed so only one option to eat.

Staff was nice

Clean, comfortable, and conveniently located.
    • Luxury Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

morning coffee in the lobby could have stayed out until 8.

The room was clean and well laid out. I felt secure leaving my bags with the concierge prior to check in. having coffee in the lobby in the morning was great. Location was perfect for everything we needed!

Very enjoyable

No complaints

We just enjoyed the hotel staff were very friendly room and bathroom lovely and the two evening meals we had very excellent. The location was better than we thought so close to were we wanted to be very pleasing alround

A hidden gem in DC. Best hotel for the value. Great location, staff and super clean rooms.

I didn't really have any problems with my stay, it was great! The only thing I did not care for was how overly expensive the restaurant downstairs was, but that's usually expected in hotels.

The staff were extremely nice and helpful. The location was great as well.

Only the penthouse suite was clean and didn't have any...

We were moved 3 times, due to odours, and no window blinds. The maid was lazy and didnt vaccum our room for the week we were there The restaurant was very expensive and below average.

Only the penthouse suite was clean and didn't have any odours

Very nice but expected better
    • Luxury King Room

The bathroom was very nice but could have used more hooks to hang things. The Loews is a high end Hotel but the bed was not overly comfortable. Also, one of the chairs was broken.

Very nice hotel, friendly staff, good location, nice room...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very nice hotel, friendly staff, good location, nice room and very clean. Staff is very friendly and help me move my room to a quieter room. I will definitely stay here next time I visit DC

A very comfortable classic hotel at a very convenient location

Nothing really, maybe the AC unit of our room could have been better.

Exactly what we were expecting from a hotel so close to the White House, a classic finish with a touch of luxury. Our room was very spacious and it provided everything we required. The bed was big and truly comfortable. The bathroom was also very spacious and very clean; the toilet was located in a separate smaller area within the bathroom. Last but not least, the hotel staff, the team was very helpful with Innocent from the concierge team being the star of our stay! Thank you for everything, we will be back for sure.