Reviews of Michelangelo Hotel 4 stars

152 West 51st Street, New York, NY 10019, USA

#69 of 415 hotels in New York

Overall very good stay, will definitely return.
    • Grand One-Bedroom Suite

No room service in the middle of the day. The unhealthy snacks in the room.

The size of the suite and the hardwood floors. The cleanliness and most of the staff although a couple grumpy old timers but overall they were professional and friendly.

Overall a great hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The housekeeping was spotty. We left trash for recycling and used glasses to be taken away and each day they were left in the room, even though the rest of the room had been serviced. We were there for three nights, so there were several times those items could have been removed. Not the usual service at The Michelangelo.

Front desk staff and bartenders were friendly and went out of their way to be welcoming. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. The location of the hotel and the layout of the rooms is very good.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Excellent four nights in NYC.
    • Executive King Room

We were disappointed with our window view, but they moved us quickly and into a bigger room as well!!

We love the staff. They go above expectation. We love the location. Our room is comfortable and any issues were solved quickly. This is our 4th year to stay here. Never disappointed.

Actually this was the second time in Michelangelo, but I...
    • Executive King Room

Actually this was the second time in Michelangelo, but I must say that it was worse than the first stay. This time I chose the executive king room. But I don't think i received the match service for such high price. I suspect that because I'm a young Chinese woman traveling along, so the waitress in the bar was kinda rude to me. I was ignored for 10min i think, when I stepped into the bar and found a sit by myself to have my breakfast. Nobody came and handed me a menu, the funny thing was the waitress served the man who sat quite near to me politely and warmly but turned a blind eye on my calling as if she was so busy to stop for a second. That was terrible. I guess another waiter noticed my embarrassment, he asked if i'm uncomfortable and apologized to me when a group of loudly people sat beside me. However, I thought respect should be there at the beginning. I used to love the position of Michelangelo in NY, but I will never stay there again. Btw, frankly speaking, the breakfast was terrible, especially the Benedict.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Ideal choice in NY
    • Executive King Room

Flies in the room, noise from adjacent room, elevator at the entrance for strollers and wheelchairs not working..

Location, very comfy and quite despite being in the middel of the city/times square, very good service.

Very Close to Times Square.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A little pricey for one night - hotel charges are very high especially for one night where we used none of the facilities

Very Close to Times Square. Clean big rooms. I was upgraded to a double king room although I booked double room for five people. Great customer service

Great hotel in a great location for a reasonable price with double the normal NYC hotel room space.

All was good.

Very generous size rooms especially in NYC. The staff from front door, to bellman, to front desk are all superb ... friendly, efficient and professional. The location is great for theater, transportation ease and everything NYC has to offer. A real gem in the City. We choose this Hotel 22 years ago to have our wedding ceremony and have been back a few times since we moved away from the City and have never been disappointed in our experience.

I would definitely come back!
    • Executive King Room

Coffee service in my room would have been nice.

Lovely elegant lobby area. Room was well appointed with a yesteryear charm. I like a pretty room, comfy bed, good closet space and spacious bathroom with separate water closet. Got it all at the Michelangelo!

The hotel is close by to time square and broadway.
    • Executive King Room

They should notify the client that the excess tax of the city is an extra 100 USD a day and not drop the bomb at the end of your stay where I had to pay an extra 500 Dollars, on top of what booking.com advertised the price as. There is tax in most hotels but the first time I have experienced such a high ammount and the clients should be prepared for it before hand,.

The hotel is close by to time square and broadway. The concierge is very helpful and nice.

The location is very centrally located.
    • Executive King Room

The location is very centrally located. I found the rooms spacious and the bed very comfortable. I contracted flu while on my trip - staff were caring and very helpful.

Wonderful 60th birthday break in NYC, only thing lacking was the weather.
    • Junior King Suite

More dining facilities perhaps., a ceiling light in the room would have been useful and tea/coffee making facilities in the room. However overall an excellent hotel will defiantly return.

The hotel spacious room was excellent, particularly the extra large comfortable bed, the luxury carpets and the shower. The room was well equipped providing quests with slippers, bath robes, iron with board, mini bar, hairdryer, safe box, plenty of towels, all washing items. Location was perfect right in the heart of all that goes on in NYC.

It is always a pleasure to stay at the Michelangelo
    • King Studio

We always hate leaving! Also, on this occasion, not having the chance to say goodbye to, Jimmy Castillo the bartender. He is a huge asset to the hotel & his knowledge of current & past Broadway shows makes him a great source of both information & good conversation.

We had some negative travel issues prior to what should have been the first of two recent visits to this hotel. Our flight from Florida was delayed, delayed, delayed & finally cancelled & the hotel could not have been more accommodating & understanding about our "no show."

second stay here, was very good overall
    • Executive King Room

Bar out of water, delivered two coffee makers that did not work - should test their equipment - so we had to order room service coffee at $13 dollars, not good.

comfortable bed, nice size room

I preferred the Marriott, just wanted to try something different
    • Executive King Room

The room wasn’t worth the money. It was my birthday and atthe Front desk stated”that great happy bday. Looks like an up grade coming. We will upgrade to an higher floor. When we got to the room it wan no view. The building next to the hotel was reachable if I stuck My hand out the window. No room was groomy and dead. Felt like I was in jail. I don’t recommend this hotel. Not worth the money.

Gene the door man was excellent

It is time to move on...
    • King Studio

I have been here many times. The place is deteriorating. Much too ecspensive for what you get. Its time to look for a new home in New york....

Very helpful and friendly.
    • Executive King Room

The car service from the airport was great. The car that was supposed to pick us up for our return trip was 30 minutes late.

Very helpful and friendly. The location was great!

5 minutes walk from musical theater
    • Executive King Room

if i dare to say, no view. concrete wall just outside the window. but it might be common in 4star hotel in NYK.

1) in the center of mid town, we could reach mots of musical theater within 5 minutes. 2) we did not take breakfast in the hotel. but there are so many cafes opening from early morning around the hotel.

Location near Times Square, bed was very comfortable, and...
    • Executive King Room

Location near Times Square, bed was very comfortable, and the atmosphere was superb. The best was every interaction with the staff was excellent, friendly and very helpful.

fantastic desk staff and very nice facility but very dirty room
    • Executive King Room

Again, the front desk staff was lovely-they were friendly and efficient. The hotel cleaning staff all need a good talking to! The room was incredibly thick with dust and smelled terrible like it hadn't been aired out for years and the breakfast room had peanuts on the carpet around the table from the bar crowd the night before-our small breakfast was $60 for two so we expected it to be cleaner.

The staff was absolutely wonderful, especially the front desk and bellmen. The room was very musty, it smelled terrible, the dust was so thick on the lamps and tables you could write in it-the dirtiness of the room definitely impacted our stay from "wow" to not sure we would come back. The room was very spacious and comfortable but it looked and smelled like it had been closed up for years, it was not fresh at all!

Generally pleasant & comfortable.
    • Executive King Room

The maid could not remember our daily request & the outlet for the hair dryer was broken. Also, the sink & bathtub needed drano.

Excellent service

Perfect room in a perfect location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Honestly, everything was superb. It was pricey though.

Beds were wonderful. So comfortable. Bath was spacious and we even had a walk in closet. It was an excellent room

Loved this boutique hotel !
    • Executive King Room

Loved this boutique hotel !!! Large room, very polite staff, beautiful decor. We ( husband, sister and boyfriend)live close on Long Island but decided to spend weekend in NYC and see a show. This was a great weekend getaway !!! Expensive but worth the experience. Found a great place around the corner on 56 th street, Tanner Smiths ....great jazz quartet for Sunday brunch and GREAT food cool ambiance. Wish we found the place before Sunday brunch because they have music 🎶 in eves til 2 am. Would recommend and revisit this hotel for sure.

Always terrific!
    • Executive King Room

Really can’t think of anything...

From the doormen to the bellhop to the front desk and maids all are a great staff professional and very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are beautifully decorated and the beds are like a cloud. We had room service for breakfast and it was delicious and on tine. Whenever we stay in NYC we always choose The Michelangelo and gave recommended to family and friends and they are never disappointed!!

The hotel is in a great location, has some nice staff, but overall is overpriced.
    • Junior King Suite

The lobby decor is worn looking and creates a tired first impression. The front desk staff is so-so at best. Our room was also a bit tired for the price. What is the $40 per day charge? This should be included in basic price---otherwise it is very irritating and seems like another rip off. I still don't know the rationale for it because I didn't want to take my precious vacation time to ask.

We liked the staff in the bar and the front door staff.

Would go back in a minute
    • Executive King Room

Toilet area a bit cramps in an otherwise roomy bathroom Not required to use room key to use elevator Doorman not on duty later at night

Upgraded to a Beautuful suite Manhattan The was it should be enjoyed

Room was clean and comfortable.
    • King Studio

Food choices and quality was not so good. We had an interior view of dark wall. Made the room rather dark. Dining area was very small.

Room was clean and comfortable.

Hotel Review
    • Executive King Room

The staff at reception wasn't very nice or helpful. I needed transportation to New Jersey and the individual basically told me to come back the next day.

The location was excellent. Rooms were very nice and clean.

Great place to stay, we'll be back

The bar lacked atmosphere

Really comfortable room, nice and quiet on 6th floor. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Location was just perfect if you like Times Square, Broadway, 5th Ave shopping, museums and Central Park.

A centrally located and charming refuge from the hustle and bustle of New York City.
    • Executive King Room

Excellent location close to theaters, Times Square and Central Park. We actually stayed two non-consecutive weeks. Our room was very comfortable, although it had no view because of the rate we chose to pay. The second week we were given a superior room with a good view at no extra cost. The staff were very friendly, helpful and caring, The bar/dining area is extremely comfortable and cosy. Not a large hotel, nor ultra modern, though with all facilities, the Italianate Michelangelo Hotel is mellow and soon felt like home to us. This hotel was recommended to us by someone who visits New York often for work, and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

Liked it all, an old world hotel, grand Lobby.
    • Executive King Room

If there was one negative it was that the lobby had a very strong perfumed smell

Liked it all, an old world hotel, grand Lobby. Comfortable rooms. location that could not be better.

The restaurant lounge needs to have a partition or something...
    • Executive King Room

The restaurant lounge needs to have a partition or something that can be put in place when the weather is inclement. This part of the hotel was so cold that we couldn't eat there.

Comfortable boutique hotel in a very central location
    • Executive King Room

The room and especially bathroom could do with a bit of renovation. And simple things were missing like a hook for wet towels. but overall good

The reception staff was very friendly and helpful. Same with the staff at the bar and restaurant. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable.

Thanks for the great memory of our honeymoon in NY at Christmas!
    • Executive King Room

Just one point minus was for late delivery for a little room facility support; I recalled the request eventually as I was able to manage it while any staff was yet to arrive to our room. But, it was just a little thing.

Above all, the location was superb and is especially really convenient if you want to go to one of Broadway theatres. The reception staff were all nice and kind and helpful in case of your any need. The room was kept clean throughout our stay. Overall, we were happy staying here on our honeymoon! Thanks a lot.

One of the top hotels in New York City!
    • Executive King Room

Some staff are incorrectly positioned. *disclaimer- there are two “walters” working at reception. Walther (with an “h”) is unfriendly, cold, sterile, without any real people skills. A kind of “tick box” employee that would be better suited in a back office position in an organization. Perhaps that’s where he proficiencies lie because he is not a people person. He definitely would not be on my staff compliment in my company. One to avoid when you check in. We had an issue with a foreign credit card (part of the joys of international traveling) and he made us feel like “small people” staying at the wrong hotel. Walter (without an “h”- friendly shorter white bald guy) helped us navigate the payment the same day and got the payment sorted for us. This “Walter” deserves a raise!! - can not change TV volume. I assume to avoid becoming a nuisance to other hotel guests. It’s a real pain if the heater unit is running in the bathroom as you cannot hear the tv at all. -No kettle and in the room. That’s OK we bought one which made our trip much more enjoyable!! Worth investigating guys- cmon!!

Stayed at Michelangelo, the Muse and Knickerbocker hotel during this trip. The Michelangelo for 7 nights. This hotel has something really special about it! -Beautifully decorated, ornate hotel with top class Italian finishes all round. -One of the largest foyer areas of any hotel in New York City. This makes “coming home” from the hustle and bustle of the crazy busy streets a welcoming experience! Lots of seating areas which we used often. -Rooms are well sized and no expense spared on fine finishes. -Walter at reception (the one without the “h”) was super friendly, caring and on the ball. -most decent bathrobes (thick, full and plush) of any New York City hotel. Standard hotel type slippers. -cleaning staff super friendly and very efficient -bathrooms are large and well finished with superior products -same TV selection menus and channels as Muse, Knickerbocker (Knickerbocker TVs are larger). -Brilliant free wifi -Antibacterial tv remote- a nice touch -fastest elevators I’ve experienced in a New York hotel- press the button and there’s an elevator there almost instantly -beautifully decorated for the holiday season

Very nice end of year experience
    • Executive King Room

Great hotel in a midtown manhattan location, within walking distance to the theatres . Comfortable room and hotel, good service, very clean and friendly staff. For further places of interest, the subwyay is just a few minutes' walk.

Comfort and elegance
    • King Studio

No coffee maker in the room, drafty windows, heating temperamental: room thermostat seems to be unresponsive to manual adjustment at night until about 7am. Cable signal was unavailable 50% of the time although we are not big TV watchers. Overall however we were very happy.

Beautiful, old fashioned, elegant and uncrowned lobby with marble floors, chandeliers and sofas throughout. Nicely appointed room with a huge comfortable bed, good size bathroom and a large sofa with armchairs. In our one bedroom suite there was even a small library to complete a general feel of being at home. Special thanks to professional and accommodating front desk staff. We also appreciated a free and unexpected upgrade. Hotel is well located within a few blocks from Times Square to the south and Carnegie Hall to the north. A subway station (50th Street) is one block away.

Perfect
    • Executive King Room

- Hired 2 rooms, one of them had broken HVAC but hotel administration immediately brought portable air conditioner and apologized with in room breakfast - There were some communication problem with booking.com. - At the begining they could not find our second room reservation on the system. -They could not met our extra requests except late check out but probably holiday season (Christmas)

+ Rooms are great, spacious + Staff is perfectly helpful. + Location is central + Ambiant is like from 30's

Friendliness of staff made us feel welcome throughout the...
    • Executive King Room

I could probably only pick out the cost of the stay, but then this is in line with comparable establishments at an expensive time of the year

Friendliness of staff made us feel welcome throughout the stay

This will always be our home away from home in NYC!
    • King Studio

We were upgraded to an even lovelier room because we were celebrating our 50 th wedding anniversary! They even sent a bottle of Prosecco and chocolate covered strawberries! The staff is always so friendly and kind and always goes out of their way to accommodate any need we might have! From the doorman to the front desk to the cleaning lady, there is always a smile and a friendly greeting! The rooms are large and lovely, comfortable and spotless! Beds are dreamy! Our favorite hotel in NYC!

I’ll be back
    • Executive King Room

I wanted a coffee pot in my room - however I think I could have called down for one - I didn’t figure that out til the last day

The staff is so friendly and helpful and I love the location

Exellent hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The water in the bathtub doesn't drain well. Tea/coffee cups are not set in the room so you may have to make a request if needed.

Stayed at the double room with double king size bed (initial offer was queen size) on 3rd floor. Bed was comfortable, room was quiet at night. Kettle and refrigerator were set in the room as requested. International call was also free of charge (conditions may differ by room). Stations are nearby so access to uptown (Upper East and West) and downtown (Soho, Brooklyn...) is great. 5th Ave, Radio City, MOMA, Rockfeller Center are within a walking distance. You can ask the doorman whenever you need a yellow cab, in other words, you can't reserve a cab at the front desk.

Enjoyable
    • Executive King Room

The fire alarm in our room went off at 2:00 am, we had to call staff to come fix it. We had to check out the next morning, would have been nice if they offered us a late check out.

Location, and hotel decor. The bar was fun and enjoyable.

Great location coupled with excellent service.
    • Grand One-Bedroom Suite

$40 residency fee for services complimentary at other high end hotels is annoying. No in room coffee service that is common at other venues.

Staff friendly and helpful. Lack of staffing experienced on previous visit in cafe for breakfast was corrected. Valet service very good.

CLASSIC WITH CLASS
    • King Studio

Loved it! There was nothing to not like.Door men Ceaser and Henry Awesome.

Truly was the best location you could have.Conviently located to Time Square Rockefeller Central Park and an Awesome Cafe /grocery very close.

We loved our stay! The staff is superb!
    • Executive King Room

We realize that the management style has changed and the fact that there is no longer a coffee and bit of breakfast service in the am has cheapened the image of this hotel. Many hotels (some a lot less expensive) have this service in the morning.I cannot image this hotel chain dropping this service at the Metropole in Rome!

The hotel is our favorite. The property itself is beautiful and the location perfect for our neesd. However, it is the excellent staff which makes us rebook this hotel/

Loved the Michelangelo and will be definitely staying again.

Front desk employees could be a bit nicer, perhaps smiling and saying hello to make you feel welcome.

Loved every aspect of the hotel; the location, comfort, room service, and doormen were impeccable.

Memorable for all the right reasons
    • Executive King Room

Croissants were not freshly cooked, 1 lady serving breakfast bit pushy for tip which I don’t like, we tip depending on service provided not what they would like. Otherwise all good.

For the executive Rooms we found them to be larger than normal rooms, well decorated and beds huge and very comfortable and best pillows ever... good stocked mini bar and treats...but please note... no shaver point so take a converter plug. We are very fussy with our hotels and room conform and size so know that for us to say we would stay again...means it must be good.

Really enjoyed our stay at Michaelangelo we will definitely be back again.
    • Executive King Room

Very expensive mini bar No kettle or fridge

Location great for city centre broadway 5th ave restaurants cafes etc Hotel was very efficient so no queuing at reception or concierge Atmosphere was calm and serene This hotel is luxurious and tastefully decorated Lovely bath tub Excellent comfy large bed slept really well

Great stayed
    • Executive King Room

By far the best New York experience I’ve had. I had arrived early. Joseph was pleasant and great to work with my room was not ready he made sure my bags were handled and personally called me when it was and it was early that expedited. Every time I saw the staff whether it was a cleaning crew bell man or lobby workers they always spoke and were very friendly with smiles I will definitely be back.

Next time in New York I’ll stay at the Michelangelo again
    • Executive King Room

The hotel is too hot had to leave heating/ac off at night and unable to open windows. No tea or coffee making facilities but good minibar, breakfast was ok but on the expensive side.

Very comfy beds great bathrooms and showers lots of big towels well towels in general and a superb location

Location fantastic although a bit pricy as compared to similar locations.
    • Junior King Suite

Lobby cafe understaffed creating a poor service scenario. Serving milk with coffee rather than cream without asking if lactose intolerant. The $40 per day residence fee is quite annoying. It supposedly covers additional amenities whether you want them or not.

Valets friendly and helpful as were other staff members.

The Michelangelo Hotel was perfectly located for a fun time in NYC.
    • Executive King Room

The cleaning staff did not bring us new glassware each day, just some days

Really liked the size of the room, especially for a NYC hotel. Also the location was super.

Great location a few blocks north of Times Sq.
    • Executive King Room

Great location a few blocks north of Times Sq. Nice hotel with very good size room. En suite bathroom was a little cramped, particularly the toilet area. Overall, great location with very pleasant rooms but felt a little dated.

Wonderful staff especially Walter at reception.
    • King Studio

The WiFi has problems and is not consistently good.

Wonderful staff especially Walter at reception. He upgraded us to a suite to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Beautiful room. Very friendly hotel and superb location. Looking forward to returning !

We had some maintenance issues in the room that were...
    • Executive King Room

We had some maintenance issues in the room that were addressed in a timely manner. I does seem like the room was in need of refreshing. The fixtures were old and worn and we felt it could use a good paint job.

Staff!
    • Executive King Room

Staff! I had several problem with my credit card due to staff errors. And lot of problems trying to explain my point to one desk assistant, that really did't get it. I had to call one Manager to have the problem solved in 1 minute after half an hour of discussion

Good
    • Junior King Suite

Wrong room allocated. Resort fee includes local and international calls but the phones were broke, also includes 10$ a day to spend at the bar but this was not given

Air conditioning controls were hard to adjust.
    • Executive King Room

Air conditioning controls were hard to adjust. Had to call front desk to send someone up to check into. Room remained either too cold or too hot for entire trip . Would have also liked early check in. When I stayed at the Renaissance NY Time Square last year, they immediately checked me in at 9am. This is a big plus to me..

The staff was extremely friendly.
    • Executive King Room

It is an older hotel, which I love the charm, some of the upholstered furniture looked a little worn. It was still clean and nice. I will take the little worn with the charm of old Italy. Crystal, Marble, Velvet. Loved it.

The staff was extremely friendly. From the door man to housekeeping, we were greeted with smiling faces. I was most impressed with the length of time the employees were with the property. It is like a career job for them and not a come and go type job. I would recommend it to anyone going to NYC and wanting to stay in a first class hotel.

We loved our stay, felt very looked after and would definitely consider returning next time!
    • Executive King Room

Really not much to dislike about this hotel! However, our room did directly overlook some offices and we thought people could look in. Also there was a flashing advertising board opposite the window. For those reasons we chose to have the blinds closed most of the time and as a result, we had to have the lights on during the day, but we felt warm and cosy so it didn't bother us. The hotel did not have a restaurant as such and some people ate in the bar area, but we preferred to eat breakfast and meals out.

Each and every one of the staff in the Michelangelo Hotel were so helpful and friendly, which made our stay really special. From reservations, front desk, concierge, bar and cleaning. Our room was wonderful with lots of space, a very comfortable bed and a little dressing room before going into the bathroom. We were happy to return to it each night and to wake up refreshed in the morning ready to start the day again. Our room price included a $10 allowance for a drink per day, which we used in the evenings after long exhausting days out. The location of the hotel is excellent, with Subway stations very nearby and it is easily placed to walk uptown towards Central Park, Fifth Avenue, The Rockefeller Centre or downtown to Times Square and more.

LOVE coming home to my NYC family at the Michelangelo!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pricing a little cheaper? I get that it's definitely a five star hotel in prime location but hard to bring all 3 children w/out needing more rooms. :(

Absolutely LOVE the staff!! This is our 3rd visit in 4 yrs and they remember us each time (as we r getting out of the cab Henry is hugging me and asking about our trip, our family, etc!). The rooms are luxurious and spacious w/the most comfy beds! Very quite too considering you're at the tail end of time square! walter and Jospeh are always pleasant and happy to see us when we check in and I don't think I could say enough about this place. It/THEY are our NYC family... our home away from home!

Two gentlemen on the staff were OUTSTANDING and incredibly...
    • Executive King Room

Having to find coffee every morning because the hotel didn’t serve until 7 AM was a pain..

Two gentlemen on the staff were OUTSTANDING and incredibly helpful - Cesar and Henry.

Great stay in New York
    • Executive King Room

No coffee maker, or available coffee outside of the hotel restaurant

Location wonderful, nice staff, very clean and comfortable rooms, surprisingly quiet in the back for New York City

A comfortable stay, however I'd probably shop around before booking again at this price point.
    • Executive King Room

Wifi was not as good as it should have been; we had a window in our room, but no view of any kind, in fact no daylight even - we could not tell if it was day or night (brick wall), however on a plus side that made the room very quiet. Facilities and common area were tired and worn; some furnishings in the room were the same. Power outlets in the room were scarce and fully used by lamps (needed as the room got no daylight), but consequently is was difficult to keep our peripherals charged. Temperature in room also hard to control - varied from hot to freezing. Overall, I didn't find the value for money was as it should have been.

Bed was comfortable; room was spacious and hotel was walking distance from Central Park and theatre district and metro. Good shower as well.

We would love to stay again.
    • Executive King Room

Staff was terrific! One gentleman who helped with our bags has been there 30 years, and he told us he loves his job! You can’t fake that kind of enthusiasm! Each person we encountered from the staff was top notch.

Very nice hotel that is spacious and close to Times Square .
    • King Studio

There isn’t anything that stands out as something we didn’t like. Everything was good. There weren’t a lot of guests around at any given time so the atmosphere may be different if they’re busy. I would recommend this hotel to others.

Quiet rooms given the location (you could hear sirens but not general street noise) Quick elevators (I don’t think we ever waited more than 30 seconds for an elevator!) The staff was friendly and there was always someone around The rooms were nice and spacious. We chose a mid level room and had plenty of space for two of us for a week. There was nothing that stood out as extraordinary about the rooms but definitely nothing that was glaringly poor either.

The best vacation and hotel that we've experienced
    • Executive King Room

Could not find anything I didn't like.

The location,appearance inside and out were amongst the finest in NYC. Highly recommend and will return to the Michalenglo when again in NYC.

Great room in good location but easier to go out for breakfast
    • Executive King Room

No designated ‘room’ for breakfast as such - we just had to sit in the bar which felt a little too open and with a fairly limited choice.

Our room was very spacious, quiet, comfortable.

Comfortable hotel with easy reach to shopping and Central Park.
    • Executive King Room

Could have provided some mineral water in the room.

The bell man / Doorman were all excleent and friendly. Reception personels were helpful but did not provide "service with a smile". Free local and IDD calls.

disappointing. Manhattan killing itself.
    • Executive King Room

1. The air conditioning was noisy. 2. The hotel use my credit card without my permission. 3. The smell in the room wasn’t good (a problem in all Manhattan) 4. The coffee was very expensive in the hotel and the quality was low. 5. I use to like Manhattan but not any more because of the bad smell in the streets, the dirt in the streets, the trash all over... 6. I think all the hotels and others should do something urgently to save their city.

1 Night in New York
    • King Studio

Quality of food in the restaurant could be a little bit better... But not a big issue since there are several very nice restaurants around the hotel. Found some long black hair on my bed, hairdryer and in the shower. This definitively shouldn't happen... Was to tired to complain immediately.

Perfect location of the hotel, Times Square and Central Park are just 5min away from the hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Amazing lobby, very nice and big rooms. Bed in my room was perfect!

More like Michelangelo's house than his masterpieces.
    • Executive King Room

Service not up to expectations. Credits for bar and food not given. Breakfast service spotty. Cracking paint. Tub shower instead of free standing.

Valet and bell service excellent. Concierge very good.

Bad experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The check in procedures and the beds

The check in tool about an hour ! The booking details wasn't sent by Booking.com to the hotel ! I was really tired after a flight from LA with 3 young kids ! I will not consider Booking.com as my first choice in the future

Good location close to Times Square and most restaurants and...
    • King Studio

Decor is dated and a little heavy appearing. It could work harder at improving the looks of the lobby and the sound system . It would attract a little younger crowd if a brighter bar was in place with better music. However, it sells out when we are there based on its location and price point.

Good location close to Times Square and most restaurants and retail. Only 7 floors so you don't spend time going up different elevator banks to get to your room or worry about walking down many flights of stairs if a fire alarm occurs. Friendly staff. Rooms are quiet and well insulated.

It was our first time in NY and staying at the Michelangelo made it perfect!
    • Executive King Room

It would be an added bonus to have a coffeemaker in the room. Never been in a hotel without one. Not a huge deal.

Everyone was very friendly. We liked that there was always someone in the bar area for whatever your needs were. A breather in the middle of the day or a breather at the end of the day. Location was excellent. Just far enough off of Times Square. Lots of restaurants and deli's around. Rooms were oversized which was great as we stayed there for 6 nights.

Browse Michelangelo Hotel traveller photo gallery