Reviews of Midtown Hotel New Orleans 2 stars

5.6

5.1

4.8

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Don't waste ypur time. Keep looking.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was not clean when we got there. Walked into unmade beds and trash from prior occupants. Bathroom was not clean and carpet not vacuumed. There is no phone to call the desk or a phone number listed. Continental breakfast was advertised and not provided. We were given two towels and one facecloth for a 4 day stay. Asked for a hair dryer and never got one. Did not receive any made service. Very disappointing.

Not much to like here. Some of the staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Employees were very nice.

Remodeled room was very poorly done. Shower function very poor. No table or chair. Two towels fot 2 people and no toilet paper holder.

Employees were very nice.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Very very poor conditions!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very very poor conditions! There lobby was very nice. When we entered our room the smell was of mold! The balcony doors did not open for air. The air conditioner did not work. The manager took us to another room, still the same smell, air conditioner barely worked in this room. Balcony doors still didn't open. So now we are on the 3rd room it was a brand new room with new furniture but the smell of mold, new paint did not mix well. I have asthma, and these conditions did not work for my health. A person who has upper respiratory distress is not ok with staying in these conditions. I will not recommended this hotel to nobody. We were the only guest in the hotel. They would not/did not give me any type of refund. We had to find somewhere to stay last minute😠😠😠

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Attendant present when I arrived and checked out was very...

Some guests were playing loud music in the pool area in the courtyard in the evening - it eventually stopped - but could be disruptive to guests seeking rest.

Attendant present when I arrived and checked out was very accommodating, helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Staff were super friendly and helpful.

The bathroom door didn't close and the pool had a lot of bugs in it.

Staff were super friendly and helpful. Location was good and The room was clean and comfortable.

Too expensive for quality
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room smelled like weed when we finally got in, took us 4 key cards before one finally worked, and dirty rag was on shower head.

Lobby was clean, sheets seemed clean.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Dont believe the bad reviews you have read about this place
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hot tub had been turned into a fountain.

What wasnt to like. They are remodeling so more good things to come. The lobby was awesome. The mural in the lobby was amazing. The architecture and history of the building was cool. The room was huge, clean, and comfortable.

Pool and staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room smelt musty and weird. For a 110.00 I should have had a mirowave, complementary breakfast and a refrigerator. There were no towels in the bathroom, no soap and small bathroom. The room left much to be desired.

Pool and staff.

It was a nice stay.

Receptionist looked a bit confused and talked to fast... Old carpets in the room... Old bathrooms...

It was a nice stay. Nothing special... But decent! And although a it old I liked it. With some small renovations could be a great place.

Hidden gem in New Orleans

The last two times we stayed there the AC wasn't working as well as it had the first time we stayed there. The first time I stayed there I had asked for more towels and was not brought any. However, the last time I stayed there I brought it to their attention and I definitely got my towels.

The location is perfect! The staff is friendly and our rooms have always been clean. Bed is comfortable.

Midtown life

It took way to long for the room to cool down to a comfortable temperature. Needs chairs to sit in & watch tv. There is plenty of room in there, or even a love seat that pulls out into a bed. Good stay though. Will be coming back...see y'all soon...😁

Staff was very helpful & kind. Location was good & the taxi was quick & not to expensive. We're coming back in a few months.

Pool area was aesthetically pleasing

No soap in rooms, no frig or microwave. Linen needed to be properly cleaned. Whites weren't white. Reqested housekeeping, promised to return. Didn't see them again until checkout.

Pool area was aesthetically pleasing

Good value but noisy on Saturday night

There was a disco on Saturday night attached to the building a lots of noise motorcycle people screaming very late very hard to sleep I don't know about other days

The people at the desk very helpful and very graceful the Hotel good except the noise

Hot

Room was nasty and the air conditioner didn’t work. There was no toilet paper, towels, or rags in the room. The lobby was very nice and remodeled, but don’t let that fool you.

Everything was perfect for a reasonable price.

The pool is not open late night!! But it's all good i can survive that!!

Everything was perfect for a reasonable price...Close to downtown and all the points of interest of the city. Very good!

Almost like home.

What not to like. Wish l could stayed longer.

The price was good. Location close to my venue. The staff was the best from the check in to the check out. Bed very comfortable. Free parking area for guest. Pool looks nice. Big roomy lobby with couches and big screen tv. I strongly and highly recommend this hotel. This place needs a 4 🌟 rating.

Hidden gem! Newly renovated! No hot water in room 102!

The male worker was rude. The female staff tried to give us a newly renovated room. He wanted to give us a room on the 3rd floor far off from the elevator and it was an older room. We were given late checkout but at 11am they knocked like they forgot. We explained . At 1115 cleaning knocked pretending like front desk didn't inform them.Hot water didn't work and on 70 degrees A.C. blows out heat.

Hidden gem. Close to Bourbon st. RTA runs right by at S. Cortez. A few Newly renovated rooms. We stayed in 102.

Staff was great.

Very hot in room (even with a/c...big gap under door pulling heat in), no iron/ironing board, no hair dryer, very poor lighting.

Staff was great. Got us into our room early.

Only stayed for 5 min then went to find a different room.

Location is shady. NOT A 4 STAR HOTEL! No parking for big vehicles. Pool did not look like how the picture was. People where outside smoking weed and when we told staff we where not staying there they acted like it was no big deal. Told use every hotel in New Orleans will have people smoking weed outside.

The manager and new girl where nice.

The front desk people
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room door would not lock traded room ,room curtains were dirty no hot water , never cleaned our room , had. To ask for clean towels daily, did not get any until 11:00pm as they were in the dryer ,mattress was stained carpet worn out. Safe in room did not work !

The front desk people

It was good

The rooms could use some work. There was no parking out back so we had to park on the side of the road.

The hotel stay was nice. The cabanas out by the pool was really nice. The location was great for what we were staying for.

Disappointed by description and photos

Location was not safe looking, deadbolt broken on door, large crack under door, AC not very cold, and a hole was in wall of bathroom from doorknob!

Courtyard and pool was nice

It was the only thing available in the city under $400 for our last minute stay.

The shower: wouldn’t turn off without some weird adjustments of the faucet. The tile was broken, the shower head was nasty, the shower curtain is stained plastic. There were stains on the toilet seat cover. There was no phone, no luggage rack, no iron or board, one stained dinning room chair, WiFi was slow, and the towels were old and like sandpaper.

The lobby looks nice, but the room was very poor quality. The location is midcity, within walking distance of some nice restaurants.

The staff was very nice and understanding and the location...

The room I originally was placed in had a broken a/c. Then I was placed in another room that had a draining problem in the tub.

The staff was very nice and understanding and the location of the place was close to all of the hotspots in New Orleans.

Horrible

The best part of the hotel is the lobby. When you get in the rooms your out for a surprise. the rooms and furniture is old. The dresser was full of cigarettes burns which lead me to believe the room was used to do drugs. The door had a big hole where the lock was which appeared to had been broken into.they left the halls doors open to outside entrance which made it very hot. The pool water did not look clean . They manager said i had to do a 75.00 deposit and he needed my card but my card would not be charged unless something is damaged. When I got ready to check out he then tells me my card was charged and it would be returned to my card in a few days. It was a true dump.

It was amazing!

It was amazing! The staff was great, including the front desk guy! He made my weekend even better lol. Give that guy a raise!! Best cheapest hotel you could stay at!

Great location, very convenient

We didn’t have a tv during our stay there. I’m guessing the people before us broke it and they couldn’t replace it on time.

The room looked like it had just been been remodeled so everything just looks extra nice.

Midtown Hotel has a great staff working for them.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room needs new carpet, and the bathroom needs to be updated. No ice in the ice machine and the pool water needs to be clear.

I liked the staff. They did a great job helping me out during my stay, like putting a nice TV in my room.

Would not recommend.

Not good location. No chairs in room. No hand towels,soap or blow dryer. I think there were residents living there, loud.

The center court yard with pool was really nice.

Overall, the location, cleanliness and staff made up for the discrepancies.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had to change my room three times. The first room had a loud ringing sound when the air conditioner was turned on. The second room didn’t have a/c, and the third room was fine. Also I didn’t make my initial reservation and was looking to be reimbursed or credited the price of the room for that day. I couldn’t speak to anyone that was able to assist. I didn’t think that was fair.

The staff was exceptional, kind and helpful.

I went to see George Straight & had a clean, comfortable place to lay my head...overall a good stay!

Hotel was undergoing renovations, older building with class but needs lots of TLC. Elevator to 3rd floor SCARY, once did not work at all so almost missed our Uber ride because took wrong stairs down - ended up at pool, which was closed due to sewerage backup and gate was locked so we had to go back to find second stairway. Room was clean but smell was overwhelming -- they tried to cover up smoking smell but almost nauseating...room was supposed to be non-smoking...which to me means NEVER smoked in before...not true here.

Staff was very courteous. Price was great considering the SUPERFEST was in town.

It was nice but wouldn’t recommend if you can afford to pay an extra 40$ for something better
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was very cheap looking to me they had stuff on the ceiling by the bathroom they had a hole in wall over the shower room 301 the cable didn’t work in our second room so they had to move us to a different room didn’t have a microwave or refrigerator in the room but they had a microwave downstairs

The pool and the staff was amazing

Great location, nothing fancy, but did the trick!

The A/C unit never worked right. The hotel tried to relocate us rooms, but the A/C didn't work in the other rooms either. Also issues with the TV, but we never really stayed in our room so it truly played no part on the overall trip!

The hotel staff was great! They tried their best to make our stay comfortable even with the A/C issues. The location to the French Market was perfect! We were able to walk from the hotel to the French Quarter and then Uber'ed or got a cab on the way back for $10. Never had an issue with parking the car, or anything sketchy. The hotel is under renovations, but it never really affected us.

It wasn’t too far away for attractions
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It’s was still under going renovations and they did mention it while making the reservation and it looked like they threw our room together just to make the money some of the outlets didn’t work and there was something leaking in the bathroom and some of the ceiling had mold in some spots

It wasn’t too far away for attractions

Thankfully, didn't have to spend much time in the room!

Hotel is being remodeled...lobby is gorgeous, rooms and elevators are scary. Doors don't close, shower didn't drain, carpet was horrible.

Front desk staff

The balcony was great! In the staff was nice

Our air conditioner didn't work when we first got in the room had to get a different room We also had to wait 8hours before we got in our room because they didn't have early check in They charge me to much money for 1 night

The balcony in the room

Too expensive for under this conditions
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No breakfast just coffee, pool party at 5.30 am. A part of the hotel was under construction. We heared people next to our room talking.

Parking for free, nice new bed, friendly staff

Fine to stay.

Our room didn't have a window.....

Very nice, but old Hotel. we stayed there when they where renovating. Nice pool! But our did not have 1 window.... :-(

This is not a hotel, it's a trap house. Stay as far away from it as you can get. fresh hell.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No ice. No coffee. No towels. No phone. No shower curtain. No hot water. No sleep. No amenities at all. No refunds. No customer service. They did have a cockroach waiting for us in the bathroom and a motorcycle gang drag racing directly outside our room from 11pm to 2am. I called the police eventually.

Nothing about this hotel is acceptable. I've never had such a terrible experience in my life.

Miserable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We checked out one day early as my 78 year old brother fell outside the door and injured his back, plus I complained 3 times about the door to our room (213) it stock so bad I had to RAM it with my shoulder to open. Staff didn't care.

Hotel was very noisy, you can hear all the street traffic. There was a loud exchange of profanity in the hall at 5:00 am, no phone in the room to report to front desk. So I guess nothing!!

The stay was safe and staff were nice but no feeding options were avilable for guest

There was no breakfast, no eating places along this stretch of the Tulane. Feeding was rather difficult.

The staff were very friendly. The location is on the bus route so getting to Canal, French Quaters, and around to my Conference venue was very easy.

It was a place to stay for a fairly low rate for the French Quarter Festival.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Stayed 3 nights and the room was never cleaned or the linen replaced. The room was on the street and was fairly noisy late into the night.

It was a place to stay for a fairly low rate for the French Quarter Festival.

The staff were professional and accommodating.

There was an awful ordor and I think the hotel should either have secured parking in order to avoid any problems. Cars parked inside of an unsecured location would lead to some serious issues. Also, booking.com did not inform me of a security deposit and did not give them correct room type. The photos were somewhat deceptive.

The staff were professional and accommodating. The location was somewhat centralized which made it convenient.

Best place i have ever stayed at!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing theres nothi g bad to say about the room or the workers.

When we got there they overbooked BUT they gell over themselves to accommodate us. It was very clean and they were very nice to all of us. Great price for the room and had a balcony which was fantastic.

Terrible false Advertising to the max
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had to wait in lobby for 3 hours cause there check in time seems to be 3pm no matter what they say. Besides the lobby and outside of building none of the photos are as posted. Place was falling apart. Our head boards head wood sticking out. Wires coming out of walls. Cleaning lady never came to room. I tire place was an eye soar. Very rundown. Street was filled with trash. And it’s across the street from a hotel that had a lot of sketchy business going on. There is Also nothing on that stripe of road till you get to town. So u need to bring food back with you cause you will not be able to get anything after 11pm

Mike the driver was really friendly and the other male staff...

Walls were really thin and the corridor floor was hollow so you could hear the footsteps even on the floor below

Mike the driver was really friendly and the other male staff member behind the counter was pleasant

We did not stay. I saved for months to visit New Orleans and it cost me $381.00 I couldn't afford lo

No locks on door to shared balcony. Seeing live insects walking across the bed. Prostitutes in the lobby and outside the hotel.

Anthony, at the front desk, was polite and helpful.

The hotel is very overpriced for what you get
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was very dark only 1 lamp the bath was very old and had some rust around th plughole we did complain they offered us another room but it was no better we stayed where we were.I asked why they charged so much as we have been touring the south USA and stayed in better hotels for much less they said we have come when they have got a special event on WWE wrestling.The

New reception area also a separate area full of machines for drinks and snacks

The room was unclean and had stains on the carpets. There was a hole in the door and the extra security bolt was broken. The safe did not work and there was no hot water when I arrived. I had to move hotels and found the staff very unhelpful. I would not recommend anyone to stay here, even if it is a budget hotel.

Don’t waste your time or money

The staff the room I didn’t Like any of if

It was terrible roaches bed bugs no microwave sheets were dirty it was jus terrible I don’t recommend this hotel for any one not even my worst enemy

My stay was horrible I will NEVER return to this hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms did not look the same as they advertise, floors was dirty bed spreads was dirty, the bed was loose and mattress was sliding when you sit on it. My car was hit in 2 places in the parking lot.

The location of the hotel

15 mins from the airport

The building was old it smelled like old water. The hallways were just dirty and the elevator needs to updated I felt like I was going to get stuck.

15 mins from the airport

I will not return back to that hotel..
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

They would not fix the ac

Our a.c. in the room did not work.. that bath tub water would not go down when u took a shower it rise up.. far as it was being clean there was hair all in the tub and around the toilet.. trash under the ed..

It was a great stay! Perfect location and great amenities!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The plumbing was a little show. The toilet would not flush right and eventually stopped up.

It was a great hotel. Great parking in the back and an all around great experience! Perfect for where we were staying and very comfortable.

Room was better than expected and clean. Price was nice but no pool access and staff not friendly

Couldn't get to the pool. Nice sunny hot day, gates locked. Actually tried to enter the stairs to go to my room since the front desk didn't tell me where the elevator was. Couldn't get to the stairs that were accessed from the pool, tried all the gates to see if I could get in, all locked, no card reader so went back in and they said I have to take elevator. Ok where is elevator, they angrily pointed me to the elevator that is hard to see if you don't know. Only had about 20 minutes before a meeting so gave up on pool. Too bad, it actually looked really nice!

Remodeled lobby, very nice now, clean rooms, good large flat screen tv.

Roaches and no sleep

In the first 5 minutes I was there I dropped $100 cash from my pocket and never saw it again. The room was dingy and small. The walls are very thin and you can hear every one in the hallway the whole night. I couldn't fall asleep because every half hour other guests were yelling and roaming the halls. I slept maybe 2 hours with all the noise and light in the hallway. The parking area was sketchy and had minimal spaces. The cherry on top was the COCKROACHES that were running around the room in the morning. We were supposed to stay two nights but thankfully had a family emergency and had to leave after the first night's stay. And no, there was no refund for the night we lost by leaving early. I chose it because it was cheaper than the other hotels in the area during spring break/st patricks day.

Definitely got what you pay for.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There weren’t very many outlets, the mattress was sub-par and thin, the tub wouldn’t drain when taking a shower, and the heat didn’t work. The room was at 45* each night with little blankets even though we had turned the dial to 90. Our rooms weren’t cleaned daily either. We received towels once in our 3 night stay. They also throw a $75 deposit at you when you check in. You receive the deposit 3-5 business days after checking out if we didn’t “damage” the room.

I liked the location (close to downtown, but far enough to not be crowded), free parking, and it had an “old New Orleans feel.” It was cheap for New Orleans, let alone any city. The pool was cute and looked inviting (too cold to swim). We liked the TV and the channels offered.

The property was not that great however they were going...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The property was not that great however they were going though reconstruction. Its going to be amaing. The staff was amazing. The female night clerk was awsome and the day clerk was just as good. I dont remember there names but the night of the 10th and 11th and day of the 9th and 10th and 11th. Such good people. Even though the rooms were not up to par there smile and caring made it worth our stay. Ill recommend (Slender black gentlemen (day) and female who meet her husband in orlando(night)) i dont know how else to describe. House kenighg was great to.

The receptionists who worked in the night shift and the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Firstly i reached there at around 9:40pm, the female in the reception didn't even say hi. She was very rude. Secondly the heater in the room didnt work. The room was very cold. Lastly the rooms were not as good as the price I paid for it. It was below average rooms.

The receptionists who worked in the night shift and the morning shifts were very friendly unlike the female who worked in the evening shift. The location of this hotel is good.

The Location is quite good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything! I can't imagine how you can let a hotel that beautiful (from the outside) get so run down and dirty before renovating it...

The Location is quite good

Terrible, never again will I stay anywhere close to this place.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

NEVER will I stay here again. You're lucky to fit 3 people in the elevator, I had to move rooms 3 different times & the 3rd room still wasn't satisfactory, but was stayable. The second time they tried to put me in a room with no sheets and the mattresses flipped up & seemed annoyed I was asking to be moved. The overall smell in this hotel is awful. The rooms (even the "newly renovated") are very poor quality. No fridge, or chairs to sit and eat. My room didn't have toiletries so I had to go in the middle of the night after checking in. Just extremely poor quality overall. If they did not have a no refund policy they would be out of business for sure.

This was the worst hotel I have ever paid for in my 52 years of living.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. They didn't even have a phone in the room. I had to see a manager in order to get an iron. The shower never got hot. Do not stay here.

Friendly staff severely disappointing room conditions

My room didn't have a curtain over the window that opened to the hallway, the bathroom doors wouldn't close, my room door had to be shoved open so hard it hurt my hip, there was a roach on the table when I sat my family down for breakfast, the heater in the room was so load we couldn't keep it on.

Not very many people staying there only about 5 cars in the parking area , the staff was all very friendly, free parking

Thankfully we were there for NYE and neededd the room to catch before our tt
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything. This place is a dump. Had a seedy, room-by-the-hour vibe to it. It was 28 degrees outside and we had a space heater to keep us warm. TV was at least 25 years old.

The fact that they had availability

Adequate
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel was in dire need of updating (already doing). Areas were clean but due to the state of disrepair, appears dirty. Room was ok, only because of our cheap price paid. If they continue to update this hotel will easily be twice the cost.

The location to the French quarter was great. A 6-9 dollar Uber to Bourbon Street. Hotel was being renovated during our stay. A long overdue renovation. Pool area and lobby appeared to be the most renovated and updated. If the renovations throughout look as good we will look forward to staying here again. Lived the secure parking lot with 24hr surveillance.

Do not recommend.

Door did not lock from inside (put table behind door), no telephone, no refrigerator, no microwave oven and no heat in room for 38 degree weather. Midtown Hotel tell customer you are remolding before.

bed-good, television-good, furniture-good, room-looks good.

Total garbage

You don't stand behind or quality check your listings

Totally horrendous experience. Do not use Booking.com I have attempted to get a refund and you and the property are stonewalling the process.

Over priced
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The place needs serious plumbing work. Heating system is ancient and doesn't really work well. Drains stayed backed up and you may or may not have hot water. The place was a 75 a night at best hotel.

Location is really all it has going for it.

Visitor beware
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I requested a renovated room and my room was given away, my replacement room had salvaged lamps, roaches, and was not renovated. The window was broken as it had air coming through every crack and the carpet was very nasty. The walls are thin and I thought the other guests were fighting as throughout the night big booms and bangs were heard along with screaming and my door clicking like someone was checking the doors to see if they were locked. The location is decent but this hotel is in really bad shape. It resembles what a drug house would look like if you were to imagine one and I've never been to a drug house. The toilet was in terrible shape also, luckily I brought cleaning And sanitary supplies to make my stay as clean as possible.

The staff were very friendly even though they were having a very hectic day. Bed appeared clean.

did not feel secure in room. I would not stay there again.

The room was missing door casing to bathroom, tile was cracked in the shower, Heater did function for the room. They left a space heater to heat the room. The door/jamb lock was missing from the wall. I put the chair up against the door.

The hot water worked.

Stay if you want a cheep room with maintenance issues
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Toilet did not flush, had to take the cover off and manually flush the toilet, more gross than I can describe. The place is being renevated, so some noise. The rooms are old and need maintenance

Cheep and cheerful, the building looks attractive and the room was spacious enough, excluding the bathroom

What I really liked about the hotel were the staff and...

My friend and I came in late. Our room was really cold during a very cold season in New Orleans. I know that they were in the process of construction, but still. The walls were painted different colors, lots of cracks on their door frames and windows. Very thin walls, I'd have to admit. I didn't let the construction of the hotel ruin our stay in NoLa though.

What I really liked about the hotel were the staff and location. It was near the French Quarter, yet still looked a little suspicious outside. The staff was so accommodating and so friendly. If I were to go back, it would be for the staff and their great recommendations.

The room size was fantastic.

Our room had recently been painted. There were paint splatters, the bathroom door was so over painted it couldn't close and in their rush they seemed to have forgotten to caulk the bathtub fixtures and sink.

The room size was fantastic.

Great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms were a little small and there wasn't much lights but I've read a lot of bad reviews on this hotel and I think they are all wrong. Great place to stay.

Great place to stay if you aren't planning on being at the hotel long. The beds were comfy, the showers were hot, and the balcony was awesome. Plus, it's 1 minute off the interstate. Very easy to navigate to and from.

Do not stay here

The photos on your site are very deceptive, as it makes it look like this is a typical New Orleans building but the reality is the hotel was very outdated and poorly kept. Also too far away from all the touristy stuff. We had no choice but to stay here due to hurricane Nate and the city being on lock down but if not we would definitely have moved. The staff were also very 'grumpy' . The room was damp and smelly, wallpaper was peeling off. The bathroom was of poor quality. We were not even provided with towels.

Browse Midtown Hotel New Orleans traveller photo gallery