Reviews of The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection 4 stars

215 4th Street South, Downtown Minneapolis, Minneapolis, MN 55401, USA

#34 of 45 hotels in Minneapolis

5.2

Location downtown, staffs, cleanliness.

14$ for in-room Wifi. room 705 had insufficient acoustic insulation (could hear outside air conditioning devices)

Location downtown, staffs, cleanliness.

Overall a great stay just a few minor things could use improvement.

Beds were a little stiff, shower was not cold but did not get warm enough just slightly, and the shower curtain was not long enough for the tub so it was impossible to shower without getting water all over the bathroom floor. No mini fridge.

Very beautiful place and spacious rooms.

Bed and pillows were very comfortable!

No breakfast included. $40/day for parking is VERY expensive

Bed and pillows were very comfortable! Staff was very helpful and friendly! Close to the venue and train.

Clean and comfortable, but some of the staff members are rude.

I had to deal with one staff member who was quite rude, not very friendly at all. She helped me with what I needed, but left a very bad impression, and kind of ruined the whole experience with that hotel. I know it's just one person, but it was enough to push me away from ever going to that hotel again. My advice - Just be friendly and be on the customer's side. It's not difficult.

I'm not the type of person to experiment with all the amenities, I really just need a clean and nice place to sleep. In that regard, the hotel minneapolis met my expectations.

Don't stay there, and definitely DO NOT PARK THERE!

Check in was not complete so when I was checking out it took forever. They charge for internet!!!!!! I can't believe at this era we can still pay for internet at hotels!! Most importantly, their valet drivers hit my car and did not tell me. I discovered it after I left and now they are going in circles, changing their stories..etc.. I will continue to pursue this and I will not let them get away with it.

Check in time at 3 and no rooms available for 3 hours later.

Check in time at 3 and no rooms available for 3 hours later. The room I reserved was not what I got. The clerks were just giving others reserved rooms to other guests cause rooms were unavailable. Probably why I didn't get my 2 room suite. AC didn't work it was 80 degrees in room with no windows being openable.

Nice alternative to main Marriott in Minneapolis, and will likely stay again when I'm back.

Couldn't cool the room. Woke up sweaty in a very stuffy room. Not sure if it was a malfunction or just spring 'not quite heat, not quite AC' temp. outside.

lobby was very nice, staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.

My stay was great. Everything was accommodating.

This is kind of trivial - the shower curtain wasn't long enough. Every time I took a shower, the floor got wet. Also, the pillows were too soft.

The convenience to where I was going, particularly to the Metro Transit station; that was excellent.

Beautiful, quiet, and comfortable with a convenient location.

Beautiful interior and very clean. The beds were comfortable and we slept well. The hotel was quiet and felt very classy. We appreciated the help of the staff. Even in near blizzard conditions, we were able to walk to almost everything we needed.

Amazing hotel staff

Sky track dnt recomend could hav better direction

The hotel staff was very nice specially the very nice lady named zara she really went above an beyound her duties i really dnt knw wat or how i would of manged due to car trouble an no phone charger deffintly recomend this hotel cuz of her hope this get bak to her so she knw people really do apreatiet staff goin extra mile

We paid more money than we needed to for a hotel room with half the amenities promised on booking.co

No breakfast, only Valet parking that cost an additional $40.00, wi-fi cost an additional $40.00, no complimentary water or vending machine in the entire floor, no Pool or spa as was promised on this site, and no city view as the establishment is surrounded by taller buildings.

Clean rooms, friendly staff

Great facilities!

The bathroom toilet. It looked really asthetic with its square button to use to flush it, but the button was difficult to push. Also, there was no directions for where to park. No validation for using the only paid parking in the area. Our stay was $24 more per night due to parking costs.

The bed was very comfy, and the coffee in the room was great! It's beautifully decorated and modern. The perk of the hotel at the time included a pass to the Walker. They did clean the room to a T each night as well. Next to the perks the location was incredible as it's in the heart of Minneapolis near theaters, the Target Center, and a vast selection of restaurants and clubs for entertainment.

Had a great time. ate well, slept well. It was a great night. I would certainly stay there again.

the only complaint I had was that we only had a half roll of toilet paper in our bathroom. It's an easy oversight, so we weren't upset but it didn't make much sense that there wasn't an extra roll tucked away somewhere under the sink.

the decor was beautiful and the room was a lot bigger than I had expected. for a downtown location, it was very quiet. I didn't hear anything, inside or outside and there was a room nearby with a family with a few kids under 5. Wouldn't have known they were there if I hadn't seen them.

One of the best hotels I’ve stayed in, will be staying there again!

Parking was a little too expensive and good luck finding street parking!

The bed was unbelievably comfortable and the shower/bathroom was very nice as well! Very clean hotel for a great price.

Wonderful hotel at a great price.

Left a charging cord in the room for my razor that housekeeping failed to find, or at least turn in.

You can't beat the location, especially if you are coming from the airport. We took the rail system and it dropped us off less than one block from the hotel. The Hotel has some very interesting safes built into the wall. Be sure to check them all out.

It was fine beautiful hotel

The manager was kind of rude in the bistro I order two martinis and some hot wings at the bar and I guess they didnt forgot to charge me for the wings making it seem as if I have stolen them granite I ordered the wings and martinis together and the manager was kind of rude I didn't appreciate that at all

Nice hotel, worth the stay.

Valet parking was no very efficient. The staff were great, but the small area to access the vehicles created absolute gridlock at times. We waited to get our car one evening and once we got into it we couldn't move for another 5+ minutes as we were boxed in.

Great location, close to the stadium and in the downtown area

Very nice, would definitely stay again!

The valet price was a little expensive and there was no continental breakfast.

Was a convenient location right in downtown Minneapolis. The valet service was nice. We didn't have to worry about our car and the staff was very friendly, it was a bit expensive, but worth it.

Very nice. We would recommend the Hotel Minneapolis.

We didn't like paying $40 for valet parking. The other option was looking for your own parking.

A very nice room with all the amenities. Spacious and clean.

Nice rooms, clean, good beds all ok.

Such a nice hotel and no free Wifi, are these guys still living in the dark ages? Even in a small hotel in the Chinese countryside you have free Wifi!! And then the guy at the reception only hides behind the company policy. Cut the crap and open Wifi to everybody without a $13,00 rip off.

Nice rooms, clean, good beds all ok.

Fancy hotel with absolutely nothing for free (breakfast, internet, or parking).

We got a great price through Booking.com, but there is NO parking so there was an extra $40/day valet charge which made the whole thing far more expensive than we were looking for.

The actual room was nice and comfortable.

comfortable but too much money for what you get when you consider parking and internet charges

No free internet, no parking except $40 valet, dinner very expensive for what you get, bad location

breakfast cvosts too much for what you get-we went to Caribpu Coffee

Very pleasant.

Couldn't get into the restaurant, physically the obvious doors to enter were locked, even though it was definitely open. Likley they wanted guests to use another door, but there was no sign at these locked doors directing people where yo go to enter. Watched many groups rattle to locked doors and move on, unless someone inside already opened the door for them. It was an odd situation.

Excellent location, amenities, and staff. The valet staff were exceptional.

Mostly good.

The smoke alarm was positioned so that it flashed in my eyes when i was in bed. Had to get up and cover it in order to sleep, and it was up so high it required a difficult and dangerous climb up on the desk.

Next time I will stay somewhere else.

Parking was $49 per day! Outrageous in my book. The coffee pot was not clean, the previous coffee grounds were still in it. The iron still had old water in it. The booking said sleeps three and only had a king sized bed. With three people it was NOT good.

I loved that it was downtown.

They only good thing about going there was enjoying the time with my friends.

Pricing could've been better. I got two rooms and only one had what they said they would. The tv did not have good signal nor good channels.

I enjoyed the lobby and bed.

Magnificent

View from window is immediate to another building, but it's downtown do I guess it will be the same in many other hotels in the heart of the city!

Comfy bed and very helpful staff

Great room, not happy with the valet parking

I was informed several times the valet parking garage was only open to security and valet employee's. This was not the case and my car was broken into. My window was shattered and my radio was stolen.

Rooms were very nice. Great location to everything.

Close to Target Field.

Be prepared to pay for valet parking, or to find your own parking in some public parking ramp and pay anyways. Rooms are very small and there is no free wifi.

Close to Target Field. Plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance.

Slept on the floor

I asked for a roll away cot when I booked the room 2 weeks prior to our stay. I reminded them about the cot when I checked in. When the cot didn't show up before I left for dinner I called and reminded them again. When I returned for the night, still no cot. I called and was told they were out of roll aways even though I had requested one multiple times. I ended up sleeping on the hard floor while my 2 female cousins shared the king sized bed. Needless to say I did not sleep well.

Very nice and well kept.

An excellent, well-equipped, clean, and comfortable room in...

I have to dock points for elevator problems, and will give the benefit of the doubt to the front desk staff's being quite distracted at check in, for having to deal with the manual elevator dispatch. Paid wifi fee was waived because of the problems, but in any case is ridiculous when most places offer free. No view but I didn't expect one. Was a bit surprised to hear the occupant of the room next door through the bathroom wall, but it is an old building.

An excellent, well-equipped, clean, and comfortable room in an excellent downtown location.

Comfortable but a major rip off...nothing was included with the very high price!

Way too expensive for having to find and pay for two days of public parking...no free breakfast...and wifi was not free...it cost $13.95!!!

The bed was very comfortable and the shampoo and conditioner smelled amazing!

This hotel is beautiful

I don't have any complaints

The building Itself is an amazing piece of art and history it feels movie like. Every time you walk in it's an experience.

Beds are very comfy.

The room was just okay. No better than a Hampton Inn. Nothing special about hotel and no great view from rooms.

Beds are very comfy. Nice and quiet for being the heart of the city. Staff was very friendly.

Not a happy customer

There was no free parking and the parking options was redicukously over priced. Also the fact that there was no free internet in the rooms and there was no continental breakfast was really not to my liking. I have never stayed anywhere that has had it organized like this. For this reason I will not be booking any rooms in the future.

The room was very spacious and it was very up to date and clean.

Very comfortable bed & pillows.

Early knock on door from housekeeping woke us up. Didn't purchase internet access - $14 unless you're a Rewards member, really?

Very comfortable bed & pillows. Great bar in lobby.

Worth the price at a discount - not full price.

There was glass in our bed and on the floor.... yeah, not good! The sheets hadn't been changed. We decided to stay but it could've been bad if we had not discovered it when we arrived. My boyfriend got a small cut from it and the room appeared like it had not been touched since the last guests were there :( also the person working the valet on Saturday night tried to get me to park my own car. very strange.

Brennan at the front desk was fantastic. Thank GOODNESS for him. He made us feel welcome and appreciated. He's great at his job and was happy to accommodate us with an incident we had with our room.

The beds were very comfortable.

The hotel wasn`t within easy walking distance of restaurants or shopping. The hotel restaurant offered an extremely limited menu that was definitely not child friendly.

The beds were very comfortable. The hotel was conveniently located to public transportation.

Pay a little more for easier access to parking and a better view.

The first person I met was one of the young valets, and frankly, he was rude. He didn't explain the parking situation well and just expected me to pay $40 a night for parking. There were 5 young people outside, and I couldn't tell who worked there and who might just be hanging out. I like young people a lot, but these kids were not friendly, and they had a thug attitude. I was put all the way on the 10th floor, which wouldn't have been bad, but the view was of the building next door--NOT a view of the city. The place was not that busy.

The room itself was very clean and comfortable. The young man just inside the doors was much more articulate and helpful than the first valet and the small group.

Stylish and truly accommodating

Sunday brunch buffet and omelette bar was lovely. Dining room is gorgeous. Staff was friendly and efficient. We were comped breakfast because booking.com messed up our reservation. So it was a great value and a cool way to handle a mistake they didn't make.

Seriously, don't let the price scare you with valet parking! Highly recommend paying the $40!!!

It was very confusing with the parking situation!! I decided to not pay 40$ for valet but I wouldn't do it any other way next time! I am not happy at all parking in the ramp! It was super confusing and very inconvenient and time consuming trying to figure it out! And costed pretty much the same price as valet would have!

The staff were very friendly and worked with me as much as they could! The hotel itself was super super nice!

The bed was really comfortable, and the bathroom was nice.

Found a few stains on the sheets and pillow. A breakfast order card was left on our bed that had been filled out by previous guests. When we came back from a night out and wanted to purchase something from the guest shop, we waited 10 minutes for an employee to get to the desk so we could pay. When no one came, we called the hotel and then when an employee heard a phone ringing, he came rushing from the elevator. Also, no mini fridge if you don't want to pay a $15 fee. Not trying to be so negative, but I would have liked to know these things before I booked.

The bed was really comfortable, and the bathroom was nice. Perfect location to go anywhere downtown.

Nice, but nothing over the top.

No real amenities to speak of... not even coffee in the lobby. The front desk staff was ok, but not overly welcoming or engaging. Regardless, I would stay again simply based on convenience and value.

Good location, room was clean, nice shower. Much cheaper parking right across the street from hotel. (less than 1/2 the price of hotel's!)

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

The smell of the room was amazing!

It cost $40 for valet parking and no free wifi but that was not clear until you check out.

The smell of the room was amazing! I've never been in a place that smelled that good. It was almost addicting.

Will not stay at this hotel again.

The bathroom was not cleaned when we arrived, and they didn't clean it right away and it took 2 managers and the cleaning manager to get the bathroom cleaned up. And it still wasn't done in a fashionable manner. Worst service ever!!!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

I enjoyed the setup for the room service, mainly for...

I wish the room service tag (for breakfast) gave a heads up on the extra charges. Could also use a fridge in the room.

I enjoyed the setup for the room service, mainly for breakfast. Filling out a door tag the night before and getting your food at a specific time is a great idea, rather than having to call down and wait for your order.

Close to the Passport Office

Downtown one way streets in the city are very difficult to drive. I also had a difficult time figuring out how to access the entrance which ended up being the alleyway to the left after the hotel sign.

The valet staff and front desk staff were very helpful. They provided directions, made photocopies of necessary documents, printed off Google map directions for me, stored my bags at no cost. Walkable distance to the Passport office which was my primary goal for the stay.

Great location- on weekdays

morning staff are much more helpful and delightful then the evening staff . Also for the amount you're paying for . There should be free wifi .

The location was awesome

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Nice hotel, not-so-nice employees

The staff was very rude to me because of how young I am. It seemed like they give more respect to the older customers next to me. Also my room key didn't really even work most of the time & the drain of the restroom sink was clogged when I got there.

I liked how spacious the room was. I also liked how easy it was to get to my room from the lobby/skyway.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Everything else. Staff was rude. $60 to valet park a vehicle that was "too long". No explanation what was considered too long, no reason why this was not something I was informed about upon booking. No fridge in the room. I specifically requested a top floor room, rooms start on 3rd floor. We got 4th floor. No help as to what parking was going to cost me for my overnight vehicle, I had to walk to the garage across the street to find out a price. Their only parking option was valet or you can use "that ramp over there". Everyone pointing fingers to someone else to talk to about my issues.

Great Hotel in a Perfect Location

The lobby was really beautiful and the staff was phenomenal. They helped with the public transport too which was helpful and convenient, especially to someone who has never been to Minneapolis. Breakfast and room service was too notch. The entire hotel was immaculate. Loved everything about Hotel Minneapolis. Staff, food, cleanliness, accessible parking, and facilities were perfect! Thank you so much.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Fantastic!

The hotel is such a beautiful hotel. It is eclectic, yet traditional in style and embodies the feeling of the city. The staff were very helpful and friendly. By far the best hotel in town.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Great hotel stay but nothing is cheap.

Nothing was free. Valet was outrageously expensive. Had to drive around the city to find parking. $16 for an omelet and $14 for wifi.

The hotel was ornate and elegant. The room had high ceilings and the shower was very nice. The smell of the shampoo, body wash, and conditioner was great.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Shower door hit into shower head.

Shower door hit into shower head. You had to get into shower to turn it on! I put a breakfast hanger on my door and didn't get breakfast. Hanger was never picked up even though I left it out before 9pm.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Very clean, good furniture, good staff, comfortable, close...

The room wasn't warm enough and it took one hour or so to reach a comfortable temperature.

Very clean, good furniture, good staff, comfortable, close to blue and green trams so you can reach it from the airport with 1.75$.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Overall very nice and a great deal

Requested room for 3, was given deluxe king, but no pull out bed/couch, had to move to double queen room, it was fine, but was handicapped room-closet rod too low could not hang clothes, room not as nice. Valet parking only $38 per night...(used ParkWhiz app and found parking for $10/night). Although it's downtown Minneapolis, most restaurants closed by 10:00pm.

Great location, very secure, comfortable beds! Decent exercise room. Easy access to Skywalk!

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Friendly staff.

For over $100 a night there should have been a mini fridge in the room. Would have liked to have a bathtub not just a shower. 12.99 a night for wifi is redic and parking really should be included with the price of the room.

Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Booking.com - incorrect information

When I booked on Booking.com it said that the room was suitable for 3 people. When we arrived there was only one king bed and no other option for a bed - NOT HAPPY, one of us had to sleep on the floor.

Great location and good bed

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Date Night for Local couple.

Parking was a bit of a challenge only because I didn't use the Valet service and was trying to find a ramp that wasn't expensive. Turns out on weekends, the ramp one block over was only $10 for overnighters. That was perfect!

I liked the intimacy of a small room. Bed was very comfortable. Big walk-in shower was classy. My wife and I are from Mpls and this was our Date Night. She thought it to be very romantic when she walked in. A cozy feel to the room. I especially liked that we could ck in at 3 and had til noon the next day. Most places are 4-11.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Way overpriced, room and work out facility very disappointing.

I paid for a city view room and had 3rd floor looking at an alley and offices across. Of the 4 treadmills 2 didn't work and 1 of the 2 that worked didn't have sound. Bed linens not changes/stained and I asked they be replaced. Bath towels used and not face towels. Food from room service ok at best.

Bar was nice.

No parking.

No parking. Have to pay extra unless you want to find a place yourself and walk.

Pleasant

Staff is excellent

Very clean big room

Very clean big room

Came in for the Luke Bryan concert at Target Field perfect distance for walking to restaurants

The rooms were exceptionally clean very quiet the beds were very comfortable

Should have a coffee maker.

Location, staff

Should have a coffee maker. a microwave, refrigerator and breakfast with the rom

Everything was OK.

Everything was OK. No complaints. If I come back to MN, I will definitely book in again.

Shower pressure was very low.

Shower pressure was very low.

Yr beds 🛏 r like cloudes

Best hotel in Minneapolis.

The bed was really comfortable!! The room was unbelievably quiet.

Close to the light rail.

Close to the light rail. Super easy to get to from the airport. Easy walk to everything in downtown Minneapolis.

The room was very nice and the food was good

The room was very nice and the food was good

Nice but hidden fees

Lots of hidden fees. They charge ~$13 for Internet and $40 for parking and $15 for breakfast. The internet charge is quite shocking.

Clean

Adequate, but would not go back.

Parking expense, no breakfast included, towels and sheets needed softener

The bathroom was soundproof.

Will be back soon! Thanks

Location, and friendly staff. Very clean and quiet!

It was awesome and when I go back I'm going to to this hotel

The place was way bigger and nicer than I thought, and all of the staff were really cool about everything