Reviews of The Moonrise Hotel 4 stars

6177 Delmar in The Loop, Saint Louis, MO 63112, USA

#3 of 43 hotels in Saint Louis

Eclectic lil place to stay in a similar part of town .. Definitely an experience!!!!!
    • Superior King Room

Our room the first day smelled of sewer 🤢By the second day it had cleared out and the bathroom could have been cleaner ..

The staff was Great very friendly!! The cocktails at check were Delish a great touch . Beds very comfy. Decor and rooftop bar were really neat .. Interesting lil part of town to stay in !!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The hotel was comfortable and the staff were friendly and very helpful.

Not a thing.

The bartender and frond desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Gave us great advice on how to take the Metro to the ballpark instead of driving. So much easier. Loved that there was plenty of free parking behind the hotel.

Great place to stay; enjoy an evening view of St Louis from the rooftop bar.
    • Superior King Room

There was nothing I didn't like.

The hotel is themed throughout. We described it as "retro-futuristic". They display collectibles of the early astronauts and moon memorabilia. The roof top bar makes for a beautiful relaxing view of St Louis--great place for an evening drink.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Very Satisfied
    • Superior King Room

I honestly don't have any complaints about my stay here.

Overall I was very pleased with our stay here. The amenities were great and the location was so convenient. The rooftop bar was such a great way to wind down the night. All of the staff were friendly and accommodating; from the front desk to the bartenders at the roof top bar.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The location close to the concert venue is the ONLY reason...
    • Superior King Room

The hotel is a bit pricey and doesn't include complimentary breakfast like other locations do for a better price.

The location close to the concert venue is the ONLY reason we stay at this overpriced hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable and staff was friendly.

Conveniently located next to the Pageant.
    • Superior King Room

Conveniently located next to the Pageant. This is a unique themed hotel that is dog friendly. They have an awesome rooftop bar that attracts people from the whole neighborhood. The Delmar Loop is a nice area with many shops and restaurants. We enjoyed our stay.

Best hotel in St. Louis!
    • Superior King Room

The hotel is beautiful, sparkling clean, and super convenient when attending concerts next door. The staff is awesome-everyone is so friendly and helpful. The Moonrise is always my first choice when staying in St. Louis.

Despite the shortcomings, would definitely stay at Moonrise again.
    • Superior King Room

We observed two instances of style over function, where (1) the bed was so high that I (5'3") had to climb up to get in and slide down to get out; and (2) the glass door on the bathroom means that either partner turning on the loo light during the night will illuminate the entire bedroom. Also, the fad for duvets instead of blankets means wrestling with a sandwich of 3 layers (sheet/duvet/sheet), difficult to tame in the night if too heavy, too warm. Have encountered this in other contemporary stylish hotels also. Lastly, the hotel appeared to have no map of the Washington University campus, though only a short walk away. I searched in the lobby unsuccessfully, and heard another guest requesting the same thing. Management might want to consider having one available.

The decor was colorful and fun, and the staff seemed to share that spirit. However, the enthusiasm for style backfired in 2 ways, as described below.

I have so many good things to say about this place.
    • Superior Double Queen Room

I have so many good things to say about this place. The staff was more than helpful and friendly. The location is perfect. The roof top bar is a great time. The room and beds were very comfortable. We will definitely stay here again.

Glad we stayed!
    • Superior Double Queen Room

Heating unit/airconditioning unit was hard to control.

Staff went above and beyond when I left my wedding ring in the room after checkout, following up and sending ring back to me! It could so easily have not gone well.

We choose this hotel because it was different and had the rooftop. We really enjoyed it!
    • Superior King Room

We ate in the Eclipse for my birthday. It was a unique menu, but a little on the spendy side with limited choices, so we all were a little disappointed with that. We did not have time to research restaurants nearby for other choices.

The beds were very comfy. Unique decor to the room made it fun. Also, the decor of the hotel was fun and different. We didn't get to experience the outdoor bar as it was too chilly, but awesome rooftop area. Everyone was very friendly!

We are coming back next month and will definitely be staying here again
    • Superior Double Queen Room

The pillows were great but the bed was very hard.

Loved the location and the easy parking. The shower was amazing and I loved the modern, fun atmosphere.

Great stay
    • Superior King Room

This place was conveniently located right next to the concert hall where we saw concert.. the workout room is open 24 hours a day. The bathroom was really modern and clean. Comfortable bed.

Bed was amazing!
    • Superior Double Queen Room

Bed was amazing! Super clean establishment, right in the heart of the Delmar loop. We really enjoyed and will stay again next time we are in the area for a concert at The Pageant

We went to watch a concert at the the Pageant which was only 100 yds from the front door.
    • Superior King Room

Size of the shower was the only thing I didn’t like as a big man but the staff did tell me about the handicap room that had larger doors

Everything it was amazing standard was way above what I’ve ever been to before

loved the hotel and atmosphere
    • Superior Double Queen Room

one elevator was down the entire stay causing delays getting to and from the room liked the old restaurant much better and the staff was friendlier no where to get food after show at the Pageant :(

loved the hotel and atmosphere rooms are nice and clean great sized bathroom and great showers aveda products which are the best

I would never come back again to this hotel! Awful, poor properties, and absent-minded staff!
    • Superior Double Queen Room

The hotel was really expensive but without any good property. The food was terrible and the restaurant had absent-minded staffs. Generally, I do not recommend this hotel to my friends because it didn't meet my expectations, and the properties and foods were not value the money that I paid.

Fun place in a great great neighborhood!

nothing!

I was a little concerned that I'd find the moon theme tacky, but it was really well done! The room, the bar on top, the neighborhood, the tequila sunrise at check-in. It was all really great!

EXPENSIVE!
    • Superior Double Queen Room

Pretty expensive and no free coffee in the morning. Breakfast buffet is $24!!! We paid nearly $300 for one night. Nice hotel with great location but they will nickel and dime you to death.

Very nice and comfortable.

Extremely clean, comfortable and convenient
    • Superior Double Queen Room

I can't complain. The hotel experience I've had both times staying here was absolutely perfect. This is the only place I want to stay when I travel to St. Louis.

I've stayed at this hotel twice now. It's one of the coolest hotels I've ever stayed in! The valet guy actually remembered me and my last visit was over 4 months ago! Very nice and professional. The staff during the check-in/check-out process was very professional and friendly. During check-in, we were even offered a complimentary drink. There's a great attention to detail in the rooms and throughout the facility. Everything is space themed and it's just super cool! The breakfast is some of the best hotel breakfast I've ever had! Seriously, there's not a bad thing I can say about this place.

Retro cool nice place
    • Superior King Room

Eclipse restaurant I waited 35 minutes for a server with no customers ahead of me and the food was ok very over priced food at this hotel limited menu items. Food very expensive no variety.

The rooftop longe was great. Bathroom was very up to date. The staff was very friendly. Room was clean and had great pictures on the wall fitting the name of the hotel.

Can't wait to get back
    • Superior King Room

I stopped in St Louis just because it was midway between two stops on my trip. After finding The Moonrise hotel, I'll make a point of always making St Louis a stop. And the neighborhood was perfect for me. Great room, great staff, rooftop bar is amazing.

Great hotel - would stay again
    • Superior Double Queen Room

Noisy in lobby and elevator took forever. One was broken. Had to wait :15.

Room was great. Beds super comfortable. Bathroom modern and all tricked out.

Attractive amusing decor, great service.
    • Superior King Room

Bed was not comfortable - it needs replacing... it sagged in the middle on the right side as you face the wall behind it - a hollow to sleep in. The handles on the shower door were loose.

Clean, comfortable, attractive, amusing theme.

For the price, this is an excellent place to stay!!
    • Superior King Room

A pool would've been nice, but we didn't mind; we've done a ton of swimming this sumner, & had plenty to do while we were in town. Really there was nothing to "not like".

The overall comfort & ambience was excellent. It was a little quirky but cool. My 9 year old thought it was amazing, & I would stay here again if I were traveling with friends. It was just different enough & was as nice if not more than any other hotel (at the same price) that I've stayed at. I liked the option of the rooftop bar, & although I didn't get up there since this trip was about spending time with my kid, I saw a lot of people going up/coming down from there, so I'm assuming it's a good spot. The staff was extremely friendly, & the location was great.

Nice family trip to St.. Louis
    • Superior King Room

We wasnt able to sit on rooftop to see the sun go down because we have a child. I understand that it is a bar on the roof but if we are right there with her, she was upset that we couldnt stay.

I loved the hotel, really a beautiful hotel.

Great time, people and stay
    • Superior King Room

Not having more time to spend there.....

The staff was very helpful and friendly. It's located in the Loop, six blocks of renovated restaurants, stores, etc., really cool. The room was well fitted and the bed was the best hotel bed I've ever slept on. They have a roof top bar with a great scenic view, with a crowd of 21 to old folks like myself!

Staff was excellent
    • Superior King Room

The beds were extremely uncomfortable. Had to change rooms in the middle of the night, and the second room was even more uncomfortable than the first. Need firmer beds.

Staff was excellent

The rooftop deck was amazing, although a little overcrowded...
    • Superior King Room

The rooftop deck was amazing, although a little overcrowded on this visit, and the valet guys were very good about letting us park my boyfriend's motorcycle in a safe place right out front. I've been here many times and love it!

Very relaxing, in a great location.
    • Superior King Room

Bottled water in fridge was pricey, in fact, opened the first two before we realized it wasn't included with room price, but that is a minor issue considering how good the overall experience is

The bed was very comfortable. The room was super quiet, no noise from outside or adjoining rooms at all. The staff was great. Great location, basically almost everything we did was within walking distance.

Terrible parking situation but nice room.
    • Superior King Room

I was highly disappointed with the lack of availability of safe parking options for registered guests. You were required to park in "public" parking which was located on the back side of the hotel. Valet service was available but overnight would cost you $17 and was located in the same area as "public parking". My major issue with the parking situation is that with the rooftop bar and music venue right next door when I drove back to my hotel to park in the parking lot for the night it was completely full. I spoke with the valet service man and he told me I could park a block and a half away in a church parking lot for free. I felt it was very silly to have paying guests park a block and half away with no available parking for as pricey as the hotel room fee was. There was also an odd smell of a gas leak behind the hotel where you walked to get to your car. Not sure what that was all about.

Very good selfie spots.

I'll come back!
    • Superior Double Queen Room

The hotel is a perfect mix of comfort and light contemporary design, located in a terrific neighborhood within walking distance to restaurants, the art museum and more. I like their suggested approach to dog visits - makes me smile and will consider bringing puppy next trip!

Slightly Overrated, Centrally Located, Needs Better Parking
    • Superior King Room

Parking is atrocious, they all but force you to find a spot a block away, or shell out $15+ for Valet. The lot behind the hotel is free, but it's almost impossible to find a spot after 5-6pm. Guests or Bar-goers that use the elevator are entirely too loud in he evening...his is all you'll hear on a weekend night..loud, intoxicated customers up and down the elevator for a while.

Very cool design, mood of this hotel is very modern but retro if that makes sense. Different.

Coolest hotel I've ever stayed in
    • Superior Double Queen Room

No complaints at all. I loved the hotel.

By far the most unique hotel I've ever stayed at. The decor was awesome, the staff was super friendly and the breakfast was excellent.

An amazing trip to the loop
    • Superior King Room

This is for the rooftop. We got shots of tequila. It was so warm hard to swallow. It would be nice to keep the shots bottle in a fridge.

We enjoyed our time at the Moonrise. The beds were amazing. They felt like they wrapped around you. The place is clean and the bathroom was amazing. We looke the rooftop.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Basically, the best you could ask for.
    • Superior King Room

Needed privacy curtain on bottom of window so I could let the sky light the room without people below seeing in.

Great restaurant, awesome rooftop bar, amazing staff, excellent location. And it didn't come up, but pet friendly!

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Cool hotel not just for space cadets
    • Superior King Room

I really didn't want to write anything negative about this great hotel, but to be fair I should report that the wi-fi was not completely reliable or fast. Also, ventilation was not great so to get fresh air I needed to use the AC which was loud. Bed/linens were wonderful, clean, soft, etc., but the bed does have a pillow-top feel to it; if you like firm beds, you might not like it.

Great hotel. Love the space theme, which is executed brilliantly without seeming overdone at all. Location on Delmar Loop is fabulous. Easily accessible from airport and downtown with Metrolink. Staff is wonderful, friendly, and helpful. What a cool place!

Was a great stay.
    • Superior King Room

Had room service and they sent a coffee mug that was dirty. Had stains. Also, left in the morning and told the lady cleaning the room next door we wereally going out. When I got back, around 5, room was not done yet.

Was a great stay. Food in the restraint was excellent.

excellent, reccomend 100%
    • Superior King Room

Nothing, was one of our best trips!

This was seriously one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. (I travel A LOT) It was cute and friendly, comfortable and (most important!) CLEAN. Security was very good and the neighborhood has some amazing restaurants.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

5/3/2017. Trey Anastasio Band. The Pageant. Moonrise as the cherry on top.
    • Superior Double Queen Room

It seemed like it was futuristic yet really classy. I only stay at the Moonrise when I see concerts at the Pageant.

I was next to the pageant. The bar scene was fun late at night.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Probably worth a miss
    • Superior King Room

On check in attitude of staff was poor and when asked they had little knoweledge of any city tourist attaractions. Not vey effecient eg in getting taxis which did not turn up (although they di get us one when we left). Restuarant expensive for the standard of food.

Roof top bar

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Will come back again
    • Superior King Room

The staff were very helpful, and the service was great. Ordered room service because I arrived late, and, I will tell you now, it's really worth it. Try the berry cobbler ❤️

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Soothing
    • Superior King Room

A really special place, every detail so thoughtful. Art Deco touches everywhere. We love walking next door to a show at The Pageant, and love the Delmar Loop.

Just stay...
    • Superior King Room

LOVE that this property sits next to The Pagent so we don't have to fight traffic! Easy to park right outside, grab dinner then hit the show. The hotel is super clean & comfy! Love the bed!!! We will def be back again & again!

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Everyone was very nice rooms were very comfortable and clean
    • Superior King Room

The doors are not very sound proof. The maid service was very loud in the hallway. Woke is up with banging doors and loud talking

Everyone was very nice rooms were very comfortable and clean

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Nice hotel, but not for the money.
    • Superior King Room

Price just seemed high for the quality of hotel. If you're not seeing a show at the Pagaent, there are much nicer hotels in the area for the same price. The bathrooms didn't have a door, instead a sliding divider that didn't provide much privacy. There was also no fan in the bathroom. Overall nice hotel, just very overpriced. Will stay somewhere else next time I visit St. Louis.

Rooftop bar was very nice. Staff was very friendly, except for the angry woman who started banging on our door at 12:02 pm telling us we were late checking out. Checkout was at 12 pm and we had already let the front desk know we were running a few minutes behind.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Your own private hideaway
    • Superior King Room

The bed was like a cloud...there was no disturbing external noises...and my favorite of all...they use Aveda products!! The Valet, the staff, and the rooftop bar makes it all Outstanding

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Short but sweet stay, can't wait to return and stay longer and explore the Delmar Loop!
    • Superior King Room

Only that we couldn't spend more time!

We were only able to stay one night. Hopefully we can stay longer next time. We had a wonderful time, even though there was a private party and we were unable to visit the rooftop bar. Food was beyond excellent, staff was professional and courteous. And yes, the mattress was like sleeping on a cloud!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Great place...great location...great staff!!!
    • Superior Double Queen Room

Can't think of anything right at this time

The staff were helpful and pleasant. Everyone always had a smile for us. Next time will definitely bring the fur babies.

Comfy, cool, and convenient.
    • Superior King Room

The pillows were either toooo big or tooooo hard, but the bed was so comfy. The shower head was directly overhead which was not great since I didn't want to wash my hair, so I had to kind of angle in. My room was two floors down and just around the corner from the rooftop bar so It was just a little noisy until the bar closed.

Loved my complimentary cocktail upon checking in. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Nicely appointed room--the mattress was super comfortable. I mean super. Loved all the space decor, very fun. The hotel was close to the venue I was going to (like right next door) and there were lots of great shops and restaurants nearby. Easy parking.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Do not stay here unless you plan to pay the full price up front on your card on day 1 of your stay.
    • Superior King Room

the hotel obtains the FULL PRICE on DAY ONE of your trip as a preauthorization to your credit/debit card whereas MOST HOTELS OF SAME VALUE only collect 10% up front. This created an issue as I did not get paid until the 2nd day of my trip. I was only prepared to give $100 on day one not the full $800....

the bed was nice and the place was very clean!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Perfect Wedding Night Hotel
    • Superior King Room

Could've been cheaper, but still nice.

Bed was super comfortable. View was amazing and the room had a somewhat unique set up and interesting decor. The staff was unbelievably friendly and the breakfast at the Eclipse was FANTASTIC!!

Comfortable room, pleasant staff
    • Superior King Room

No free coffee in lobby. Sliding door on bathroom a bit cumbersome

Comfortable room, pleasant staff

A hotel with some quirky character.
    • Superior King Room

Kind of pricey on a holiday weekend

A hotel with some quirky character. Clean, modern, good amenities, good location. Great rooftop bar.

A Good Place to Stay if You Have to Go to St. Louis
    • Superior Double Queen Room

Some of the staffs were not friendly.

Perfect location and facility.

family enjoyed our short stay.
    • Superior Double Queen Room

Need grassy area for pets.

Smaller size hotel. Easy to use valet. Nice roof top bar for the adults.

Super friendly staff, very nice place

No complaints

Super friendly staff, very nice place

Great hotel.
    • Superior King Room

Excellent staff. Clean hotel in a nice location near enough to the university.

Proximity to the pageant

The "space" feel

Proximity to the pageant

Clean but location isn’t the best

Location Location Location

Roomy suite

We always enjoy staying at the Moonrise.
    • Superior King Room

Love the quirky and attraftive moon-themed decor, festive ambiance, friendly staff and terrific location.

first time in st louis. made visit extra special!
    • Superior Double Queen Room

My wife loved decor. Great food. Loved beds and shower and white robes! Cool roof top bar.

It was ok not great.
    • Superior King Room

Parking, small menu Choices.

Room was nice.

The staff was friendly, the room was well appointed and...
    • Superior Double Queen Room

The staff was friendly, the room was well appointed and spacious. Don't even get me started about the rooftop bar. Perfection

Close to the pageant.
    • Superior King Room

Pricey but booked last minute to see a concert

Close to the pageant. Great staff

Pretty good
    • Superior King Room

No place to take pet to bathroom

Pet friendly

• Superior Double Queen Room

Room was kind of small. For a family I would recommmed the suite

Recommend!
    • Superior Double Queen Room

Fantastical comfortable beds. Moon theme was fun and done with class. Great location, highly recommend.

Fun spot, great location.
    • Superior King Room

Unique hotel with a nice rooftop bar. Rooms were very comfortable. Shower was great. Would stay again.

nice comfortable bed, good sized room, quiet

nice comfortable bed, good sized room, quiet

excellent hotel bed.
    • Superior King Room

excellent hotel bed. excellent rooftop view.

It is a safe, comfortable, clean.
    • Superior King Room

The shower door does not open very far and I am a bigger person so I had to squeeze in and out.

It is a safe, comfortable, clean.place to stay

The staff was amazing everywhere we went, we were even...
    • Superior Double Queen Room

The staff was amazing everywhere we went, we were even greated with a free drink!

Felt relaxing and like home.
    • Superior King Room

No shuttle service to airport.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Great midtown hotel
    • Superior King Room

Not a thing, it was great!

Great location and vibe. Room decor was a very nice change from standard.

Browse The Moonrise Hotel traveller photo gallery