Reviews of The Neptune Resort 3 stars

2310 Estero Boulevard, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931, USA

#6 of 28 hotels in Fort Myers Beach

• One-Bedroom Suite

Call hotel first before booking thought an app. You can save money booking through the hotel. Wish I knew that first I would probably save $200

Very nice clean staff was very nice.

• Standard Double Suite

"Queen" beds are full size and relatively small. Rooms are only adequate and nothing special. They gouged us on pricing because we booked last second during Spring Break even though they had availability.

Location on the main drag on Ft Meyers Beach is very good and the beach is right there which is awesome. The pools are adequate but nothing special. Breakfast place across the road is about a 6 on a 1 to 10 ... ok but nothing special. The place reminds of a beach motel from the '70s ... which some people will like from a nostalgia perspective while others will be looking for something more contemporary. Generally very clean and friendly staff. Decent business office and free coffee in the morning is great. If you plan to spend time on the beach or out and about on Ft Meyers Beach and just need a place to sleep at night this is the place. It's not a "resort".

• One-Bedroom Suite

Property should have had a hot tub, only thing missing.

The staff were so very friendly and accommodating! Cleanliness was excellent. Great location and close to a very clean beach.

• Standard Double Suite

Mid morning there were no beach chairs. Not there fault other guest took chairs and placed towels on them but would never show up to use them.

Location was great and the staff was ver accommodating and helpful.

• One-Bedroom Beachfront Suite

Room was full of flies, no coffee in the room (just a basic necessity of a hotel room as far as Im concerned), had to make up the extra bed our selves and the office didn’t open until 7am to get coffee (no night service at all). Paid a fortune for one night - should have been amazing but just wasn’t.

Great location on the beach

• One-Bedroom Suite

Room rate was egregiously high. It was clear room availability was restricted and the Neptune took full advantage of this. $576/night for this modest, dog earred accommodation was excessive.

Room was upgraded

• One-Bedroom Suite

Sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable! Air conditioner was very loud made lots of noises going off and on during the night which woke everyone. Coffee maker in room didn't work and the 3 coin operated wash machines were all out of order.

Location on the beach was great. Able to easily walk to stores, restaurants, and pier. Room cleaned daily. Pools were great for two 10 year olds. Shuffleboard and beanbag toss was fun.

• Standard Double Suite

We would rather have had a king size bed. The bathroom was very small.

We liked that we so close to the beach and the people in the office were friendly and helpful.

• Standard Double Suite

That our vacation ended! That’s it!

The staff went above and beyond for my family! We had originally booked at the Lani Kai which turned out be be a nightmare! So we were 1500 miles from home with 5 kids and no place to stay for a week! The Neptune not only got us a room for our entire stay, they upgraded us to a suite!

• Standard Double Suite

Everybody that worked at the hotel was great. I worked with Rachel a lot and she was like having a concierge. They were all very friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, etc. They made early check-in and late checkout very easy for me and gave me good restaurant recommendations. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable.

• One-Bedroom Beachfront Suite

No windows in the bedroom, only in the adjacent living room. Coffee machine but no coffee filters. They are very inexpensive and can make your life easier the first day. No restaurant or bar in the premises.

The beach is great. Very clean, comfortable bed.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Nothing i did not like. Great place

I liked the Resort in General. The rooms are a bit narrow but you get used to it. We were on the ground Floor and from upstairs and the place next to the resort it was sometimes a bit noisy. I recommend to have a room on the upper Floor and whenever possible and available a beach front room.

• Standard Double Suite

It's a long walk to the square.

Clean rooms, great pools w/towels provided, close to Heavenly Biscuits! The view of the beach from the pool, and provided chairs on the beach are great!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

I would have liked an oven along with the stovetop, and better directions on how to light the grill.

The property was well maintained and clean. The office staff was extremely helpful and informative.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Standard Double Suite

Unfortunately we were there in a middle of a storm and could not enjoy what it had to offer. It ground looked very appealing. It does not have food inside, but there are several of good eating places very close

Great Beach in front of the property. The room was very clean and looked like new.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

The only negative is that our room did not have a balcony, but, you really don't need one. Since the hotel was only 2-3 stories, it was only a few steps to the pool area where we took our (free) coffee to read the (free) USA Today, eat our breakfast or just hang out to chat.

We booked our vacation at the last minute, so there weren't a lot of hotel choices when we made the reservation. The pictures of The Neptune looked nice, but we were still a bit nervous. We usually stay in name-brand large hotels, so were a bit apprehensive about booking The Neptune, which is on the small side. We needn't have worried! The young staff was always friendly and helpful and the extras such as free parking, beach towels, beach chairs and all-day coffee and tea really added to the experience. We loved that there was never a shortage of beach or pool chairs--no need to get up early to reserve a chair. The hotel also has a couple of gas grills outside that guests can take advantage of--several families barbecued during our stay and it smelled delicious! The hotel is right on the beach.-which was not in the least bit crowded, so a good option for families with young children. Guest can also play shuffleboard or cornhole (which my 9 year old son insisted we do at least twice each day). I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Fort Myers Beach!

• Standard Double Suite

Wonderful bedroom with excellent bathroom facilities. Very comfortable living room. Beautifully situated property on the beach with all the shops within walking distance. Very warm reception from staff.

• Standard Double Suite

The staff, all staff, were friendly and helpful. The housekeeping was on point! Rooms cleaned every day, clean towels etc. Location was amazing. I would absolutely stay at The Neptune again and highly recommend it to others. Thank you!!

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Standard Double Suite

Waited until 4 pm to bring towels Room didn't get clean Bathroom was never cleaned Did not appreciate having to go ask for towels so we could shower before dinner

Staff at desk was pleasant

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Standard Double Suite

The cost too high. Wish I had shopped around. My friends got a better deal just calling. Probably won't use booking .com again Had a couple of Colts cups we brought from Indy and the maids threw them away. When we asked they didn't speak English and knew nothing. We only asked for towels after that day.

Loved the coffee and the pools

• Standard Double Suite

That they said they were going to upgrade me to a better room for $25 extra a night and they charged me and didn't give me the room that was explained to me on the phone. The night staff is very rude and talked down to me.

That it was on the beach

• Standard Double Suite

We would have liked to be able to sit outside of the room with a little end table and chair, nothing was provided for use on the walkway. Maybe, we could have carried the kitchen chairs outside and used them. One of the pools heater was out of service, but nothing was said to the guests, when both pools were expected to be heated.

The staff were continually busy fixing things and keeping things in order, very conscientious working staff.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

1 hour error in booking my room by phone (2 rooms instead of one) they insisted on charging me $25 (their policy) but wanted to upgrade room for $50 - could not do it for the $25 they made me pay due to policy again. Will not stay again due to lack of customer service.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Standard Double Suite

I did not like that there was no free parking for guests visitors even for a couple hours.

I liked that the beach chairs were free of charge and there was free coffee all day.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Standard Double Suite

Wasn't happy that AARP could not be used to save money on room. Disappointing. Paid for 4 people to stay and room service would only leave enough towels and wash cloths for 2 most of the time.

Having access to beach and poolside.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

• Standard Double Suite

Something unusual in that we needed the use of a freezer but managed without. Also toaster was on high shelf and we would have needed to stand on a chair to access it.

Wonderful to be right on the beach. Shopping and restaurants all in walking distance.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

• Standard Double Suite

Staff was wonderful, especially Rachel!! Loved the coffee available all day, that the beach was not crowded, that everything we needed was within walking distance.We will return to the Neptune!

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

I wish I could have stayed longer!

Perfect size room for 2 adults and 2 small children. Housekeeping staff was friendly and accommodating. Excellent location to great restaurants and grocery...all within walking distance. Will definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Standard Double Suite

I WAS A LITTLE PUT OFF THAT THEY HAD DEALS ON SUPER BOWL WEEKEND. I PAID $350 PER NIGHT (2) BECAUSE I BOOKED OVER A MONTH AGO AND THE WEB SITE MADE IT SOUND LIKE THEY WERE SOLD OUT. WONT BE GOING BACK. FANTASTIC, JUST TOO MUCH $

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Standard Double Suite

the beds were fabulous..the beach was a perfect pick.we weren't familiar with that exact area but it was great! very quiet and close to some great restaurants..and bike rental

• Standard Double Suite

Not much hanging space. The men looking after the grounds were using machines and creating a lot if dust while we were sitting at the pool.

Room was nice and clean. Staff friendly

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Standard Double Suite

This is not a resort as their name implies. There is no restaurant. There are only two small pools, one of which was not open. There's no spa. No golf course. No bike, kayak rentals. When I asked about the $20/day resort fee, I was told it was for the pool and the parking. I don't know of any motel/hotel in Florida without a pool. And 95% of the hotels/motels have free parking. The rate without the resort fee would have been reasonable. Adding a resort fee when this is not a resort is unreasonable. This is not a resort but a motel with kitchenette.

The location was excellent. Right on the beach. We had a second story corner unit so were able to watch the ocean from the bed. There was a kitchenette with refrigerator, two burner stove and microwave. Beds were comfortable and there was also a fold out couch. Room was clean with the exception of the bathtub which had a very dark ring around it. (Please housekeeping - get some comet on this bathtub). Reception was pleasant. There's coffee and tea all day in the reception area. There's lounge chairs for the beach. It's a quiet motel. The grounds are kept very clean.

• Standard Double Suite

Charging a $15 resort fee I find ridiculous. The beach was smelly from the storm and not cleared until 3 days into our stay. 1 of the pools was being resurfaced unable to be used. Only one parking space per room and parking is $10 across the street.

Rooms were great, beautiful location

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Standard Double Suite

We got a room in the lower level adjacent to the stairs. Quite good visibility from outside to inside.

Reception made a nice job overall On the beach! Close to restaurants and the activities at the pier Shells , lots

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Beachfront Suite

A/C units very loud. Didn't get much sleep. We should have been aware of algae/bacteria issue when booking. Local residents in medical field advised us not to go into gulf. People have been hospitalized with infections, etc.

Room, beds, view, staff all excellent

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Beachfront Suite

There was some road construction out front, did not affect too much, but slowed travel into or out of hotel.

Family friendly felt like home!If you want to be on the beach this is the place.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Standard Double Suite

The rooms are a bit pricey but it was a great location and view.

The manager Lucy was friendly and accommodating. The beachfront room and balcony was beautiful. The beds were comfortable. Free coffee free beach towels and chairs.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Standard Double Suite

We were extremely close to the beach, the hotel staff was amazing. the hotel its self was very nice and clean. Ands only a short distance away from the pier and was in walking distance to just about anything we needed.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Standard Double Suite

Some rude guests, that is something that nobody can control. I was drinking Mate, a traditional south american Tea when this young lady approched me wearing a resort t shirt pretending she worked there and asked me to leave the property. When I complained at the front desk the following morning, they told me she was a guest, nobody would treat me like that from the staff. So, Im coming back this weekend with the kids!

Mostly everything, the staff is kind and welcome; the facilities are conveniently located and I loved the view.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Standard Double Suite

obnoxiously loud A/C in the room impossible to sleep with all that noiseinside and drunken loud guests outside. Extremely overpriced for 4th of July weekend $638 for an average room not too clean but had balcony and beach view is way too much $$ and then $5 extra for a bottle of water inside the room.

Very nice staff, but....

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Didn't dislike anything, but we had just come from a resort in Pompano that was a lot cheaper and offered much more. It was also a suite right on the beach, but had hammocks and outdoor sofas, a tiki bar and a really good outdoor restaurant with beach service. Much more resort-like for a significantly lower price. No fault of The Neptune, but the water was incredibly disappointing due to the excessive rain months earlier, and the release of Lake Okachobee's filthy water that was done to prevent flooding there. Not at all the crystal blue water we had on our last visit two years ago.

Loved the free coffee and beach chairs, but wished for umbrellas. Pools were nice and the view was gorgeous. Facilities were clean, comfortable and quiet. The suite was cozy and just right for two people.

• One-Bedroom Beachfront Suite

At times a foul Odor was coming from the ocean.

The views of the beach from my room are amazing .

• One-Bedroom Beachfront Suite

Minor apparent weather damage on outside around balcony

Ocean front view on first floor

• One-Bedroom Beachfront Suite

the pressure in the beach front third level use low.

we didn't use the fitness center we love the beach view.

• Standard Double Suite

You screwed up my billing. We paid in advance then had to pay at the desk. You left me with no money for vacation

• One-Bedroom Suite

I had difficulty finding adequate meals.

I loved the beach access and locale.

• One-Bedroom Suite

I WOULD GET THE ROOM FACING THE OCEAN. MINE WAS ONLY 30 FT FROM BEACH AND WAS GREAT

LOCATION, SANDY BEACH

Groom the beach.

• Standard Double Suite

Bedroom area dark/felt old and dated/new brighter linens would go a long way!

Beach & Staff wonderful- Beach privacy great!

• Standard Double Suite

coffee avail was great location and parking was so convenient beach staff wonderful

Pool, beach,rooms

• Standard Double Suite

beachfront location, heated swimming pool, quiet room, assigned parking spot, kitchenette

• One-Bedroom Suite

Trash bins outside my window. No umbrellas provided for the beach.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Perfect location. Friendly staff, very clean. Beach chairs and towels were a bonus.

A little bit expensive

It was a little pricey.

Great location to beach & shopping square. Very clean.

• One-Bedroom Suite

sleeper sofa needs new mattress

proximity to restaurants and activities

• Standard Double Suite

Really nice apartment directly at the sea. Walking distance to the city center.

• Standard Double Suite

The mattress on the bed wasn't very comfortable

Being close to the beach

• Standard Double Suite

It would have been nice to have a hot tub on property and more free parking for guests.

The location is great and the beach area is beautiful!

Likedeverything

Nice location and clean

• Standard Double Suite

My kids loved that there were two pools!

The bed was comfortable.

• Standard Double Suite

The mattresses were very hard. Also, there was no included breakfast.

It was a traquil environment. Very clean and with very nice staff.

• Standard Double Suite

No food service on site No tiki bar

Location, cleanliness, friendly staff

• Standard Double Suite

They had no beach chairs or lounge chairs with umbrellas on the beach

The friendly service

• One-Bedroom Suite

Needed to have umbrellas for the beach

• Standard Double Suite

The ac didn't have a thermostat, to regulate the temperature. It was either on or off

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Price

On the beach

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

everything

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Great location, friendly staff, nice pool areas, low key.

• Standard Double Suite

Great service, friendly staff especially David. The beach and pool were great. We all had an awesome 2 days

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Standard Double Suite

Room size was small for dollar amount that was paid.

Great location! Pools are open all night.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Parking

Towels for the beach were included. Beach lounge chairs were included Complimentary coffee all day